PDA

View Full Version : Weaknesses of Jacksonville State

Sundog
December 20th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Other than having a nickname that limits the market for family-friendly JSU apparel....

What are the weaknesses of the #1 seeded team in this year's FCS tournament?

gumby013
December 20th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Their linemen have a lot of extra flab.

PantherRob82
December 20th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Too many people in their marching band

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Too many people in there marching band
Marching band members posting on AGS.

gumby013
December 20th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Too many people in their marching band

And they don't have access to http://www.tubasmingle.com/ yet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Looks like teams score more on them in the 2nd half. Keep it close and take it to the 4th quarter.

CHIP72
December 20th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Blowing games they should have won against mediocre FBS opponents.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 11:53 AM
It looks like they can get it up early but tend to tire out and blow their wad.
Stamina I think they call it

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 11:58 AM
It looks like they can get it up early but tend to tire out and blow their wad.
Stamina I think they call it
Fat players.

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Run D.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Special teams has been a weakness this season. However it seems Rouleau has finally got his feet back under him.

Big_Fan
December 20th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Looks like teams score more on them in the 2nd half. Keep it close and take it to the 4th quarter.

I have read several comments about that... a couple on your forum.

Stop and think for a second.

Maybe we give up more points in the second half because we are playing the water boys in blowout wins.

Our average halftime score is 23-7. After 3 the average goes to 32 - 11. That is the average. The only reason it is that close is because we play the reserves so much. Games like Austin Peay actually hurt our offensive stats. We held them to negative yards of total offense in the first half. Seriously. They had negative yardage for an entire half. Our starters didn't play a snap in the second half, and all our reserves did was hand it off and work on blocking. We could have scored 100 on them.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 12:11 PM

Maybe we give up more points in the second half because we are playing the water boys in blowout wins.

Our average halftime score is 23-7. After 3 the average goes to 32 - 11. That is the average. The only reason it is that close is because we play the reserves so much. Games like Austin Peay actually hurt our offensive stats. We held them to negative yards of total offense in the first half. Seriously. They had negative yardage for an entire half. Our starters didn't play a snap in the second half, and all our reserves did was hand it off and work on blocking. We could have scored 100 on them.

It was fun seeing the second and third string get to play yesterday.

Big_Fan
December 20th, 2015, 12:15 PM
It was fun seeing the second and third string get to play yesterday.

Yeah. 57 yards of SHSU's 259 came against reserves in the 4th quarter.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 12:16 PM
We are satisfied just being here
We are too fat
We are too small
We have no experience
We fear NDSU
We wont have as many fans
We dont play in the MVC
We havent had gameday
We are intimidated by AGS posters
We are all transfers who dont care
We allow southern players on the team
We dont like the cold
We are not of Norwegian decent
We are not welcomed by the city of Frisco
We had the easiest bracket
We have slow receivers
We arent good in the secondary
We have a big band
We have band members who enjoy football
We dont frack much oil
We dont condition
We are in the OVC
I could think of a few more but Im getting hungry.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 12:17 PM

So your starters haven't played four quarters? Could very well get tired in the fourth then

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 12:18 PM
So your starters haven't played four quarters? Could very well get tired in the fourth then
They havent played much in the 3rd or 4th. Will most likely be tired by halftime.

AmsterBison
December 20th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Cheeseburgers?

Honestly, I love the way their sloppy-looking linemen played and didn't see any obvious weaknesses, but, man, NDSU's strength and conditioning coach would not be having any of that. WRs looked awesome, QB looked awesome, RBs looked awesome, and linemen looked nasty. Didn't see enough of their LBs and DBs to form much of an opinion of them, but I'm sure that they're good.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 12:21 PM
They havent played much in the 3rd or 4th. Will most likely be tired by halftime.
Got it thanks!

jsualumnus
December 20th, 2015, 12:32 PM
When Bison fans can't think of any weaknesses they resort to calling someone fat... Hilarious...

One of our weaknesses this year was not keeping the foot on the opponent's throat.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 12:34 PM
When Bison fans can't think of any weaknesses they resort to calling someone fat... Hilarious...

One of our weaknesses this year was not keeping the foot on the opponent's throat.
This might sound crazy to you, but sometimes people can talk about things in a lightened mood. I know I know how dare people not take everything super serious

jsualumnus
December 20th, 2015, 12:39 PM
It's all good, dude... Let's talk about true weaknesses though. That's all I'm saying. Those fat boys are fast and quick.

NDSU is a dynasty, and I hope we can play spoiler.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 12:44 PM
It's all good, dude... Let's talk about true weaknesses though. That's all I'm saying. Those fat boys are fast and quick.

I didn't watch the game since I was driving home from college so I can't chip in much, but one weakness I think (yes its cliché) is the weak schedule. I'm not saying it makes you look better than you really are but the team may not be ready to play 4 full quarters. JSU is a good team and I'm excited! Maybe I'll see you down in Frisco

ming01
December 20th, 2015, 12:44 PM
How physical are both lines for JSU?

NDSUFREAK
December 20th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Auburn

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 12:49 PM

So since your only weakness is being good sports and not throwing up a 100 on everyone do you think the early spread of Bizon by four is a fair assessment?

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 12:51 PM
I didn't watch the game since I was driving home from college so I can't chip in much, but one weakness I think (yes its cliché) is the weak schedule. I'm not saying it makes you look better than you really are but the team may not be ready to play 4 full quarters. JSU is a good team and I'm excited! Maybe I'll see you down in Frisco

I can't say you're wrong (Because our SOS is garbage) but I feel like UTC/ CSU/ SHSU has shown that we can bring it for four quarters. Especially the UTC games.

Likewise NDSU is fantastic and I'm eagerly waiting for Frisco.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 12:52 PM
How physical are both lines for JSU?

In the post game interviews for most teams we played they talked about how physical our lines are, our O-Line in particular is very physical.

Both of our lines are known for suffocating their opponents by enveloping them in their fat rolls.

jsualumnus
December 20th, 2015, 12:59 PM
So since your only weakness is being good sports and not throwing up a 100 on everyone do you think the early spread of Bizon by four is a fair assessment?

No.

melloware13
December 20th, 2015, 01:00 PM
A question for JSU is can they improve the Chicken-mascot title game record which is currently 1-4. I remember thinking in 2010 how EWU was soft and we had an unstoppable D, and that carried for about 2.5 quarters. Then again, I don't see either team making the second half play calling more conservative than a Trump rally like KC did

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 01:00 PM
No.
Why???
what should it be?

jsualumnus
December 20th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Putting NDSU up by 4 when JSU is #1 clearly means the Bison are getting the advantage just due to the fact they've been here 4 times before. I think JSU should be up by 4, but I'm a JSU fan...

I know now your Defense is very good, as is your ST's, but this game will be our Offense vs. your Defense. Whomever controls the line of scrimmage wins this one, and I believe our OL is stronger than your DL.... Nothing personal, I just do...

If we allow your ST's to return too many KO's then I fear that fast white dude you guys have. I know, which fast white dude, right? They're all fast... I just believe out O will be better than your D....

NDSUtk
December 20th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Yeah. 57 yards of SHSU's 259 came against reserves in the 4th quarter.
That doesn't really support your point. They put up 22% of their yards in 25% of the game against reserves... Which means they actually averaged more yards per quarter against your starters than against your reserves. Not a significant variance but the point made was that teams really rack it up on your reserves...this seems to contradict that. Then again, SHSU didn't do jack against either starters or reserves. Just pointing out the math here does not support the point. I'm sure you have other games that are better examples.

jsualumnus
December 20th, 2015, 01:14 PM
That doesn't really support your point. They put up 22% of their yards in 25% of the game against reserves... Which means they actually averaged more yards per quarter against your starters than against your reserves. Not a significant variance but the point made was that teams really rack it up on your reserves...this seems to contradict that. Then again, SHSU didn't do jack against either starters or reserves. Just pointing out the math here does not support the point. I'm sure you have other games that are better examples.

UTM coming back on our reserves is a pretty good example...

BisonFan02
December 20th, 2015, 01:16 PM
A team of FBS washouts that were overrated in HS.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Why???
what should it be?
I respectfully disagree. I don't think your defense will be able to stop our offense. That's what I think it comes down to. If the Bizon control the clock your offense won't be able to have an impact. I don't think you can stop our running/short passing game.

Big_Fan
December 20th, 2015, 01:19 PM

I wasn't intending it as supporting data, just pointing it out...I wasn't clear enough...that wasn't the entire quarter. We left our starters in longer than usual against SHSU. That was one single drive in the 4th quarter, so yes, it supports my point.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Putting NDSU up by 4 when JSU is #1 clearly means the Bison are getting the advantage just due to the fact they've been here 4 times before. I think JSU should be up by 4, but I'm a JSU fan...

I know now your Defense is very good, as is your ST's, but this game will be our Offense vs. your Defense. Whomever controls the line of scrimmage wins this one, and I believe our OL is stronger than your DL.... Nothing personal, I just do...

If we allow your ST's to return too many KO's then I fear that fast white dude you guys have. I know, which fast white dude, right? They're all fast... I just believe out O will be better than your D....
Clearly?? You think the only reason the Bizon are favored is because they've been there before? I think the oddsmakers put a little more into it than that

Redbirdz
December 20th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Can't believe you are up by 4, that will probably change downward by game time as we are No. 1.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 01:46 PM
I respectfully disagree. I don't think your defense will be able to stop our offense. That's what I think it comes down to. If the Bizon control the clock your offense won't be able to have an impact. I don't think you can stop our running/short passing game.

All I know is we have an All-American/ POY QB, an All-American RB, great receivers, and an all conference O-Line led by an All-American center.

I don't think the Bison will be able to stop us either.

Personally I think this game will come down to who has the best offense because we both have very strong defenses and I just can't see the Bison stopping our offense.

Can't believe you are up by 4, that will probably change downward by game time as we are No. 1.

No. 1 means nothing at this point. Bison may be the 3 seed but as they have proven they are a top two team. The Bison have 4 championships under their belt and are very formidable. A 4 point spread doesn't bother me. We all know how accurate Vegas was at predicting Auburn and SHSU.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Serious question, do JSU fans know how odds work???

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 02:03 PM
All I know is we have an All-American/ POY QB, an All-American RB, great receivers, and an all conference O-Line led by an All-American center.

I don't think the Bison will be able to stop us either.

Personally I think this game will come down to who has the best offense because we both have very strong defenses and I just can't see the Bison stopping our offense.

No. 1 means nothing at this point. Bison may be the 3 seed but as they have proven they are a top two team. The Bison have 4 championships under their belt and are very formidable. A 4 point spread doesn't bother me. We all know how accurate Vegas was at predicting Auburn and SHSU.
Just going to say they're right a lot more than wrong

bisonguy
December 20th, 2015, 02:07 PM

There's plenty of Bison fans that don't know how they work either.

That said, Sagarin has NDSU as 4-5 point favorites depending on which calculation used, so oddsmakers must be giving JSU some credit for the #1 ranking.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 02:08 PM
There's plenty of Bison fans that don't know how they work either.

That said, Sagarin has NDSU as 4-5 point favorites depending on which calculation used, so oddsmakers must be giving JSU some credit for the #1 ranking.
I still want to know if that includes the 3 you get for playing at home

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 02:10 PM

Yes, do NDSU fans?

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 02:11 PM
I still want to know if that includes the 3 you get for playing at home
How many should be included for being better known?

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 02:12 PM
How many should be included for being better known?
I'd probably give us 1 for that too

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 02:18 PM
I'd probably give us 1 for that too
I would say you are low. The avg person in Vegas either has never heard of us or believes we are in Florida.

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2015, 02:20 PM
The game isn't played on this board. Favored or not, we're not going to be pushovers. NDSU has been beaten before.

The Grass is greener in Jacksonville

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 02:21 PM
I would say you are low. The avg person in Vegas either has never heard of us or believes we are in Florida.
Maybe JSU fans don't understand how odds work. Pretty sure it's not the average person in Vegas setting them

PantherRob82
December 20th, 2015, 02:23 PM
The game isn't played on this board. Favored or not, we're not going to be pushovers. NDSU has been beaten before.

Are you sure? I think this board decides who wins and then the teams just act it out. xrolleyesx

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Maybe JSU fans don't understand how odds work. Pretty sure it's not the average person in Vegas setting them
Maybe you dont understand, the bookies set the odds on where the predicted placement of money will be not on their personal thoughts.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Are you sure? I think this board decides who wins and then the teams just act it out. :rolleyes:
Normally it just a few on the board who have the most power. The power has shifted in the last few years from the CAA to App to now the MVC posters.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Maybe you dont understand, the bookies set the odds on where the predicted placement of money will be not on their personal thoughts.
So what helps them make that predicted placement of money? i get it. Tell yourself and your fan base that.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 02:33 PM
I wonder if it should be higher for the Bizon since they felt bad and gave you 2 because of your awesome 500 strong band

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 03:04 PM
How good do you think JSU rush D is? Looks like they gave up a bunch in the first 2 playoff games. Would like to hear what you guys think about it.

Thundar
December 20th, 2015, 03:07 PM
How good do you think JSU rush D is? Looks like they gave up a bunch in the first 2 playoff games. Would like to hear what you guys think about it.

They rush, 3 tubas and a bass drum

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 03:11 PM
I really think that's why NDSU will win. I don't think they can stop our running game

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2015, 03:35 PM
I wonder if it should be higher for the Bizon since they felt bad and gave you 2 because of your awesome 500 strong band
What's the problem with the band?

aces1180
December 20th, 2015, 03:37 PM
I wonder how JSU will handle the big stage...Championship week in Frisco is very different than the normal game week, especially with all the required team activities included. Should be interesting.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 03:37 PM
What's the problem with the band?

Nothing. It's so awesome it got you two points from the odds makers.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 04:12 PM
So what helps them make that predicted placement of money? i get it. Tell yourself and your fan base that.
Im just trying to help you understand. Your the only one who is having much of an issue with how it works.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Im just trying to help you understand. Your the only one who is having much of an issue with how it works.
None at all for me.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 04:26 PM
So tell me why the spread was set at NDSU by 4.5. Enlighten me please.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 04:30 PM
So tell me why the spread was set at NDSU by 4.5. Enlighten me please.
Go look on youtube Im sure someone has posted a video on how odds are set. Maybe you can understand from this or buy a book or ask some of your friends.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Go look on youtube Im sure someone has posted a video on how odds are set. Maybe you can understand from this or buy a book or ask some of your friends.
I'd rather hear it from you since you seem to know so much

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2015, 05:04 PM
For the Bison, get up early and make JSU one dimensional. Take away the run and make them pass the ball.....although, this is the game plan for all games.

NDSU has the defense to slow down JSU but they will have some drives that eat up yards. Make them kick FGs. Don't give up the big play. I'm sure the JSU coaches will test the Bison secondary deep with all of the film they have watched. Bison have given up deep balls and QB runs this year....although, the Bison defense has been in "lock down" mode for awhile now.

Keys for JSU:

Go after the Bison secondary.... a lot.
Slow down the power run, esp on 1st down
Start fast

Keys for NDSU:

Get up early and grind out drives
No turnovers
No big plays

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 05:08 PM
For the Bison, get up early and make JSU one dimensional. Take away the run and make them pass the ball.....although, this is the game plan for all games.

NDSU has the defense to slow down JSU but they will have some drives that eat up yards. Make them kick FGs. Don't give up the big play. I'm sure the JSU coaches will test the Bison secondary deep with all of the film they have watched. Bison have given up deep balls and QB runs this year....although, the Bison defense has been in "lock down" mode for awhile now.

Keys for JSU:

Start fast

Keys for NDSU:

No turnovers
No big plays

Good analysis. I agree 100%. We will likely go heavy on the air game against the Bison, but it's definitely not a weakness for us. Will Wentz be in at Frisco? If not and if we can stuff the Bison run I think our secondary should be able to give their receivers fits enough to give us an edge.

Wilson16
December 20th, 2015, 05:17 PM
All talk as I expected

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2015, 05:17 PM

Keys for JSU:

Start fast

Keys for NDSU:

No turnovers
No big plays

you might regret that..... Barge and Gonzalez look pretty good, not to mention Screws

Lehigh'98
December 20th, 2015, 06:13 PM
I've always thought the key to taking down NDSU is to punch them in the mouth early and make them play from behind. To their credit, I don't recall any teams since 2010 that have been able to pull that off in the playoffs.

BisonTru
December 20th, 2015, 06:26 PM
I've always thought the key to taking down NDSU is to punch them in the mouth early and make them play from behind. To their credit, I don't recall any teams since 2010 that have been able to pull that off in the playoffs.

UNI last year. They beat us NDSU style. It's sickening being on the other end.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 06:28 PM
The entire time watching that game all I could think of was how demoralizing it was to get beat that way...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 07:01 PM

In the playoffs. That was regular season.

Hasn't happened in the playoffs.

Lehigh'98
December 20th, 2015, 07:01 PM

Teams have done it in the regular season. Not close in playoffs.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Teams have done it in the regular season. Not close in playoffs.

No, there's a new gear that happens in the playoffs. The way we've been chewing up the teams so far, I don't think anyone has a chance against us. That's just an honest assessment.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 07:16 PM
No, there's a new gear that happens in the playoffs. The way we've been chewing up the teams so far, I don't think anyone has a chance against us. That's just an honest assessment.

We have been averaging 54 points and 625 yards a game in the playoffs. No chance? My assessment is that your assessment is bold.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 07:26 PM
We have been averaging 54 points and 625 yards a game in the playoffs. No chance? My assessment is that your assessment is bold.

Our last opponent was averaging 502 in the playoffs and 43.5 pts.

they managed 209 and 7.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Yours was the weak half of the bracket.xsmiley_wix

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Our last opponent was averaging 502 in the playoffs and 43.5 pts.

they managed 209 and 7.

Our last opponent was averaging 551 and 41.5 pts for their whole season and was the no. 1 ranked offense in the country

They managed 259 and 10.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Our last opponent was averaging 551 and 41.5 pts for their whole season and was the no. 1 ranked offense in the country

They managed 259 and 10.

Yes, please expect the same thing as the 101st ranked SHSU.

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2015, 07:40 PM
All of y'all predicted Chattanooga to win big, Charleston Southern to win big, and SHSU to win big. Sorry you don't get to play any of those teams next month.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 07:44 PM
All of y'all predicted Chattanooga to win big, Charleston Southern to win big, and SHSU to win big. Sorry you don't get to play any of those teams next month.

Believe me, NDSU is a hammer and y'all look like nails

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Okay. Let me have your tickets then since this game is already decided. I don't want you to be bored.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Okay. Let me have your tickets then since this game is already decided. I don't want you to be bored.

you kidding? That's 3 of the most fun days I'll have all year!

Enjoy the party.

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 08:10 PM

Everyone did?

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2015, 08:11 PM
I'd say 90% of this board did.

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2015, 08:12 PM
you kidding? That's 3 of the most fun days I'll have all year!

Enjoy the party.
Oh well! It was worth a shot! I'm going to enjoy my vacation either way.

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2015, 08:12 PM

Fat players are a weakness.

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 08:14 PM

Do you have any facts to back that up, or are you just shooting from the hip?

BisonTru
December 20th, 2015, 08:33 PM

You Cock fans are starting to sound like the Redbird fans. They all hate us.

Go check some of the bracket projections plenty of people had you guys in the finals prolly close to half or more.

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2015, 09:40 PM
I don't think Jack St has a weakness

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 09:50 PM
I don't think Jack St has a weakness
I listed them above.

jsualumnus
December 20th, 2015, 10:27 PM
Yours was the weak half of the bracket.xsmiley_wix

You didn't have to play Chattanooga. If we had
lost against them they'd be playing you guys on the 9th. There were the real deal...

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 11:08 PM
lost against them they'd be playing you guys on the 9th. There were the real deal...

If they were the real deal...

Well, this should be an eye opener.

PantherRob82
December 20th, 2015, 11:54 PM

21 people predicted JSU as champs. Another 50 picked them as runner up. Try again, martyr

Bisonator
December 21st, 2015, 07:23 AM

Haha I rest my case. Expect NDSU to be similar to UTC only better!xthumbsupx

Cocky
December 21st, 2015, 08:10 AM
How do you know NDSU is better? It would be the same as me saying JSU is better than UNI. NDSU hasnt played UTC and JSU hasnt played UNI. Even if I say it enough to convince myself it doesnt make it true and neither does your statement.

Big_Fan
December 21st, 2015, 08:48 AM

Schematically you may be similar to UTC, though I don't see the designed QB runs.

Does your team have a senior conference player of the year QB, with 8000 career passing yards, and 4000 career rushing yards? He is the only thing that kept those games (particularly the second one) close. If it wasn't for his 4.5 speed, we win that game by 30. FWIW, Huesman is ranked the #22 QB in this year's draft class according to The Sports XChange Draft Scout. That ain't bad.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 08:57 AM
Schematically you may be similar to UTC, though I don't see the designed QB runs.

Does your team have a senior conference player of the year QB, with 8000 career passing yards, and 4000 career rushing yards? He is the only thing that kept those games (particularly the second one) close. If it wasn't for his 4.5 speed, we win that game by 30. FWIW, Huesman is ranked the #22 QB in this year's draft class according to The Sports XChange Draft Scout. That ain't bad.

I don't know. 3 more weeks and the #2 QB in this years draft class according to The Sports XChange Draft Scout should be cleared to play.

That ain't bad either.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2015, 08:57 AM
An all you can eat Buffet xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 08:58 AM
then again I don't really want that. I want my Bison football 10 minute drives smash mouth game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2015, 09:20 AM
then again I don't really want that. I want my Bison football 10 minute drives smash mouth game.

If the Bison can put 2 or 3 of those types of drives together....they will win #5.

katstrapper
December 21st, 2015, 10:49 AM
Undisciplined.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 11:02 AM
I don't know. 3 more weeks and the #2 QB in this years draft class according to The Sports XChange Draft Scout should be cleared to play.

That ain't bad either.

He's a first team All-America, right?

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 11:03 AM
He's a first team All-America, right?
Without the injury , yes

Big_Fan
December 21st, 2015, 11:21 AM

That ain't bad either.

I hope he is back. It is always better to beat a team at full strength, and avoid the "If Colt wouldn't have gotten hurt" commentary.

Given that the injury was in his throwing wrist, I have my doubts. 6-8 weeks was given, that would have to be a non-displaced distal radius fracture, and those don't normally require surgery. They said it was a non-displaced fracture, but he was operated on.

I know that he "returned to practice," but that really doesn't say much about what he was doing. He could be at practice squeezing a ball to build strength.

We will see. I hope he is well, but I doubt we will see him in the championship game after not having taken a meaningful snap in 2.5 months.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 11:36 AM
I hope he is back. It is always better to beat a team at full strength, and avoid the "If Colt wouldn't have gotten hurt" commentary.

Given that the injury was in his throwing wrist, I have my doubts. 6-8 weeks was given, that would have to be a non-displaced distal radius fracture, and those don't normally require surgery. They said it was a non-displaced fracture, but he was operated on.

I know that he "returned to practice," but that really doesn't say much about what he was doing. He could be at practice squeezing a ball to build strength.

We will see. I hope he is well, but I doubt we will see him in the championship game after not having taken a meaningful snap in 2.5 months.

It was the scaphoid bone. A notoriously slow healer because of the lack of blood flow. Frisco will be 11 weeks since the injury. He's no longer in the brace and has been throwing.

Personally, I like our offense now. The all time winningest QB in FCS history was a lot like Easton Stick. Don't need flashy stats to win football games.

BisonTru
December 21st, 2015, 11:47 AM

I believe the surgery operation was the direction they choose more so for the quicker healing time vs. needing it to heal. It's quite possible if he was an average non athlete college kid they would have just put it in a cast and let it heal on it's own.

Even if he doesn't play in the championship game he's got an invite to the Senior. I'm sure he's hoping he can at least go for that.

BisonTru
December 21st, 2015, 11:53 AM
It was the scaphoid bone. A notoriously slow healer because of the lack of blood flow. Frisco will be 11 weeks since the injury. He's no longer in the brace and has been throwing.

Personally, I like our offense now. The all time winningest QB in FCS history was a lot like Easton Stick. Don't need flashy stats to win football games.

I think most of us are in the camp we need to keep playing like we have with Stick whether we go with Wentz or not. Opinions on the latter part of that sentence vary greatly.

But there is a little tiny bit of me, with all these JSU "we have the best QB in the FCS" comments that wants us to unleash Wentz and let him pick apart their D.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 11:56 AM
I think most of us are in the camp we need to keep playing like we have with Stick whether we go with Wentz or not. Opinions on the latter part of that sentence vary greatly.

But there is a little tiny bit of me, with all these JSU "we have the best QB in the FCS" comments that wants us to unleash Wentz and let him pick apart their D.

Wentz would chew them up and spit them out. They gave up 250 or so on the ground to both UTC and CSU. I cannot wait to see the Rams blow them up and King Frazier to impose his will.

Easton Stick has a lot of Brock Jensen in him. It's almost not fair that we keep getting these great QB recruits.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2015, 11:56 AM
Everyone talking about Wentz is left out one little detail. The doctors haven't cleared him to play. I'm not saying that even if they did he should be. Having that long of a layoff and benching the guy who's won the last 8 games is pretty tough to do even for Carson. A healthy no 8 week off period Carson Wentz absolutely yes he'd be playing. The current situation though I don't see him starting even if cleared by the doctors.

Big_Fan
December 21st, 2015, 12:00 PM

I haven't read where any JSU fans have said that. None. First team AA in some lists, yes... show me one post that says "Best in the FCS." That is pretty brazen.

Better than Stick and his back-up? Yes. I won't apologize for saying that. That isn't saying Stick is a bad QB, but Eli is much more experienced, and is an All-American. There is no comparison, really. Even if we lose, it doesn't make Stick better. 2 years from now he may prove to be, but at this point you cannot honestly compare them.

awBison
December 21st, 2015, 12:07 PM
I honestly don't see any real weakness with JSU's team. They have a very solid team that is very skilled and well balanced. There are a few areas where I think we could be better than them though.

dewey
December 21st, 2015, 12:07 PM
I haven't read where any JSU fans have said that. None. First team AA in some lists, yes... show me one post that says "Best in the FCS." That is pretty brazen.

Here is a link to an article from Mark Edwards saying that Eli Jenkins is the best QB in FCS.
http://m.annistonstar.com/sports/mark-edwards-after-big-semifinal-win-jax-state-ready-to/article_e5ccc9fe-a6c4-11e5-bc2b-6328cc770f22.html?mode=jqm

He clearly is a dang good quarterback.

Dewey

BisonTru
December 21st, 2015, 12:08 PM

Better than Stick and his back-up? Yes. I won't apologize for saying that. That isn't saying Stick is a bad QB, but Eli is much more experienced, and is an All-American. There is no comparison, really. Even if we lose, it doesn't make Stick better. 2 years from now he may prove to be, but at this point you cannot honestly compare them.

Fair enough it wasn't a poster on here it was your Sports Editor.

An interesting article from Mark Edwards.

http://m.annistonstar.com/sports/mark-edwards-after-big-semifinal-win-jax-state-ready-to/article_e5ccc9fe-a6c4-11e5-bc2b-6328cc770f22.html?mode=jqm

Here is an excerpt.
We like blue-collar football here in the South, and JSU is about as blue collar as you can get. The Gamecocks want to run over you on offense until you're standing so close to the line that Eli Jenkins, the best quarterback in the FCS, can throw it over you. On defense, JSU gives up yards as grudgingly as a starving dog does a bone. They just wear you down.

It's worth noting that in North Dakota State's streak of national titles, the Bison haven't met a team in the finals from the Southeast until now.

Dewey

Bisonator
December 21st, 2015, 12:12 PM
I think their special teams might be a weakness. What was with all of the pooch kicks against Sammy?

December 21st, 2015, 12:17 PM
I must admit that reading all this trash from both sides is entertaining. In the end I think it is great that the real game will be decided on the field and hope it is not decided by the officials.

Cocky
December 21st, 2015, 03:30 PM
I think their special teams might be a weakness. What was with all of the pooch kicks against Sammy?
This is NDSUs biggest advantage. Even with your special teams lagging a little in the playoffs.

Bisonator
December 21st, 2015, 03:35 PM
This is NDSUs biggest advantage. Even with your special teams lagging a little in the playoffs.

Seriously why the pooch kicks and is that something you guys have done all year?

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 03:39 PM
Seriously why the pooch kicks and is that something you guys have done all year?

No, it was because we sucked at return coverage against Chuck South and Sammy's returner is a monster.

Either way, they turned out pretty well in our favor.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 03:41 PM

Yeah, our special teams is clearly lagging.

dewey
December 21st, 2015, 03:43 PM

Our field goal and extra point kicking game has not been very good.

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 03:45 PM
Our field goal and extra point kicking game has not been very good.

Dewey

I think anyone would trade that that for 3 return TDs and the best punter in the division.

- - - Updated - - -

That last punt against UNI lead to a Safety. That's two extra points right there.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2015, 03:46 PM
http://www.inforum.com/sports/3908689-bison-video-blog-back-frisco-jacksonville-state-preview

Bison Video Blog preview.

Big_Fan
December 21st, 2015, 03:57 PM
Fair enough it wasn't a poster on here it was your Sports Editor.

So "All these" is actually one editorial column in a newspaper from Anniston? You have your panties in a wad over that? You know the difference in an editorial column, and a journalistic "article," right?

And don't call him "your." He isn't mine. I get the Jakarta post. When I was in Jacksonville, I got the Jacksonville News. The Anniston Star is the largest print publication in Calhoun County (not saying a lot), but they don't even have a JSU beat writer. They fired the JSU beat writer a couple of years ago... he was terrible. Seriously. I think he hated the assignment, so he did everything he could do to trash our program. These days, they spend more pages covering Alabama and Auburn, than JSU... though it has improved some this season.

I will admit, Mark Edward's comments do come across as somewhat excessively homerish, but the Eli comment isn't way out in left field, as he did make the 1st team AA list of more than one organization. His comments are probably calculated to try and increase circulation...you know print media is not doing so well these days. I do like Mark. I have spoken with him on a number of occasions.

Cocky
December 21st, 2015, 04:15 PM
Using NDSU regular season performance as a base, yes. But us "you people" are hard to understand.

BisonTru
December 21st, 2015, 05:00 PM
So "All these" is actually one editorial column in a newspaper from Anniston? You have your panties in a wad over that? You know the difference in an editorial column, and a journalistic "article," right?

And don't call him "your." He isn't mine. I get the Jakarta post. When I was in Jacksonville, I got the Jacksonville News. The Anniston Star is the largest print publication in Calhoun County (not saying a lot), but they don't even have a JSU beat writer. They fired the JSU beat writer a couple of years ago... he was terrible. Seriously. I think he hated the assignment, so he did everything he could do to trash our program. These days, they spend more pages covering Alabama and Auburn, than JSU... though it has improved some this season.

I will admit, Mark Edward's comments do come across as somewhat excessively homerish, but the Eli comment isn't way out in left field, as he did make the 1st team AA list of more than one organization. His comments are probably calculated to try and increase circulation...you know print media is not doing so well these days. I do like Mark. I have spoken with him on a number of occasions.

Sorry I freaked out about the article. xrolleyesx

Some writer from some damn somewhere wrote "best QB in the FCS." Which is fine, homer writer being a homer. We're all good. I disagree with him, but my panties are just fine. xthumbsupx

As far as Eli he can be explosive in space and he is elusive in the backfield especially with the read option stuff, but he often throws off his back foot and can be erratic in the down the field passing. Looks very similar to UNI's QB. If we can bottle up JSU's run and short pass game, I like our chances a lot. With that being said, that's JSU's bread and butter and no one has stopped it yet.

Edit: I realize I used "your" instead of "JSU's". I fixed that, sorry. :D

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 05:19 PM
If we can bottle up your run and SHORT PASS game, I like our chances a lot. With that being said, that's your bread and butter and no one has stopped it yet.

You may have missed where our recovers where our receivers averaged 13.9 yards per touch in the playoffs.

Barge- 14.2 ypc
Gonzalez- 17.4 ypc
Screws- 10.1 ypc

Those aren't exactly screen passes. You're defense will have to play out of their minds at every level to shut our offense down. Will they slow us down? Of course, I'm not expecting to go in and have another 400-500 yard rush game but I'm not expecting our offense to get shut down.

Bisonwinagn
December 21st, 2015, 05:27 PM
Serious question. What's the deal with the one JSU offensive lineman wearing a skirt each game? Is it a symbol for something?

BisonTru
December 21st, 2015, 05:28 PM
You may have missed where our recovers where our receivers averaged 13.9 yards per touch in the playoffs.

Barge- 14.2 ypc
Gonzalez- 17.4 ypc
Screws- 10.1 ypc

Those aren't exactly screen passes. You're defense will have to play out of their minds at every level to shut our offense down. Will they slow us down? Of course, I'm not expecting to go in and have another 400-500 yard rush game but I'm not expecting our offense to get shut down.

A screen pass that goes for 15 yards is a 15 yard catch. YPC can mean more about the abillity of your WRs to make plays than your QB to throw down field. I promise you our game plan will be to bottle up your run and take away the short slant bubble stuff and make Eli throw it down the field. Whether we accomplish that we will find out in three weeks.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 05:30 PM
A screen pass that goes for 15 yards is a 15 yard catch. YPC can mean more about the abillity of your WRs to make plays than your QB to throw down field. I promise you our game plan will be to bottle up your run and take away the short slant bubble stuff and make Eli throw it down the field. Whether we accomplish that we will find out in three weeks.

I'm just giving you the heads up that chucking it down the field isn't exactly a weakness for us.

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 05:38 PM
I'm just giving you the heads up that chucking it down the field isn't exactly a weakness for us.

Seems they have no weakness.

jsualumnus
December 21st, 2015, 05:42 PM
The jersey only goes so far then his undershirt, which was the same design as the digital cammo they wore a few weeks back, is long... Looks like a skirt?...I dunno... Maybe on TV...

awBison
December 21st, 2015, 05:48 PM

I really don't think that they do have a weakness to be honest. They are a really well rounded
team from everything I've seen. I do think that we can do some things better then them though.
Of course the opposite could also be said.

I think that we will be able to put on more yards on the ground when it matters.
I think they have a huge potential
for the long ball if our coverage downfield does not improve from what I've seen so far. There have
been a lot of plays in which NDSU's D left guys wide open downfield but got away with it because
the other team couldn't get the ball to the receiver. If that happens during this game we are going
to pay for it. I think our D will be able to shut down their run game.

If you forced me to stretch really hard and call a weakness I'd say it would be
the amount of tough teams that they've played
compared to us. I think their schedule has been easier (not all games but overall).
Our team has been challenged most of the season. We've seen so many different
styles of play from good teams. It probably
is not right to call that a weakness but I do think that our experiences will be an big asset
in this game.

It should be a great game with two very good teams. It will be a great matchup to see.

mamberso
December 21st, 2015, 05:55 PM

None.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 06:20 PM
I really don't think that they do have a weakness to be honest. They are a really well rounded
team from everything I've seen. I do think that we can do some things better then them though.
Of course the opposite could also be said.

I think that we will be able to put on more yards on the ground when it matters.
I think they have a huge potential
for the long ball if our coverage downfield does not improve from what I've seen so far. There have
been a lot of plays in which NDSU's D left guys wide open downfield but got away with it because
the other team couldn't get the ball to the receiver. If that happens during this game we are going
to pay for it. I think our D will be able to shut down their run game.

If you forced me to stretch really hard and call a weakness I'd say it would be
the amount of tough teams that they've played
compared to us. I think their schedule has been easier (not all games but overall).
Our team has been challenged most of the season. We've seen so many different
styles of play from good teams. It probably
is not right to call that a weakness but I do think that our experiences will be an big asset
in this game.

It should be a great game with two very good teams. It will be a great matchup to see.

Good run down.

You know, I'm starting to like the our only weakness is our schedule. It's something that has nothing to do with how our team actually plays but it makes the Bison fans feel better about themselves. It's a win-win really.

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 07:35 PM
Run D isn't real strong.

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 08:20 PM
Run D isn't real strong.
I agree. I also think penalties will hurt them

CockyGeek
December 21st, 2015, 08:30 PM
Run D isn't real strong.
Run D was atrocious against UTC and. Charleston Southern. I bet the Bison are running a bunch of trick triple option plays over the next couple of weeks. They fooled the hell out of our guys for two weeks.

Bisonwinagn
December 21st, 2015, 08:31 PM
Kick coverage has to be a weakness based on their last two games. Giving the other team the ball at the 35 is not a great thing either. Although if they only kick off once it probably won't matter :D

CockyGeek
December 21st, 2015, 08:34 PM
Starting on the 35 is better than having it taken back to the house! I hope that was just a one game thing though

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 08:36 PM
Run D was atrocious against UTC and. Charleston Southern. I bet the Bison are running a bunch of trick triple option plays over the next couple of weeks. They fooled the hell out of our guys for two weeks.

So you wouldn't say that the JSU run D has been a weakness in the playoffs?

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 08:37 PM

Let's see you contain Huesman and the second best triple option in FCS.

But to answer your question, it was. Briscoe may have sucked in the passing game but that didn't affect their RB was doing and we shut him down.

CockyGeek
December 21st, 2015, 08:42 PM
I said it was atrocious against UTC and CSU (and UTM earlier in the season.) But I think we're settled in now. Probably going to give up a big run or two, but not 350 yards.

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 08:57 PM
Let's see you contain Huesman and the second best triple option in FCS.

But to answer your question, it was. Briscoe may have sucked in the passing game but that didn't affect their RB was doing and we shut him down.

I have seen it but it was against the best triple option team.

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 08:59 PM
I said it was atrocious against UTC and CSU (and UTM earlier in the season.) But I think we're settled in now. Probably going to give up a big run or two, but not 350 yards.

That is what I am interested in seeing if they have settled in or will they give up a bunch. To me it's 1 of the keys of the game because if NDSU can run it will keep JSU'S O on the sidelines e and shorten the game.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 09:00 PM
I have seen it but it was against the best triple option team.

The Citadel?

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 09:18 PM
The Citadel?

No when I had to hear Georgia Southern fans talk how no one could stop them because they put over 300 yards on the ground on Alabama.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 09:20 PM
No when I had to hear Georgia Southern fans talk how no one could stop them because they put over 300 yards on the ground on Alabama.

Oh, good for them. Didn't they lose to Georgia State?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 09:52 PM
Oh, good for them. Didn't they lose to Georgia State?

not that year. only losses were #buttBama and App State.

FCS existed before 2014, you know.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 09:53 PM
not that year. only losses were #buttBama and App State.

FCS existed before 2014, you know.

I like to concentrate on the current season. You know, the one that actually matters right now.

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 09:55 PM
I like to concentrate on the current season. You know, the one that actually matters right now.
So go with #buttwareagle then. I mean you almost beat them

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 09:56 PM
So go with #buttwareagle then. I mean you almost beat them

Nah. We aren't playing Auburn in Frisco. Just some Eskimos from South Canada.

I find it funny Bison fans like to pick on our Auburn loss from week two then when you bring up their USD game from halfway through the season they just start screaming about how much they improved and how it means nothing since it was so long ago.

I really hope #buttJaxState becomes a thing.

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 09:56 PM
I could go back to any championship thread and they are all the same.

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 09:57 PM
Any team that is run heavy has put up a lot of yards on JSU I would call that a weakness.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 10:02 PM

I agree. You'll understand though, how we've heard this whole song before.

No_Skill
December 21st, 2015, 10:26 PM

I find it funny Bison fans like to pick on our Auburn loss from week two then when you bring up their USD game from halfway through the season they just start screaming about how much they improved and how it means nothing since it was so long ago.

No no no it's gonna be #buttcocks. Definitely #buttcocks.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 10:28 PM

Just don't lose to UND or it will be #ButtF'Hawks

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 10:33 PM

I wonder if their mascot is named Mike.

Mike Cock is way better than Mike Hawk.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 10:34 PM

Can't breathe. Send help. xlolx

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 10:36 PM

Knew a guy named Mike Hunt, he was kinda a girl though

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 10:37 PM
Hey kids! Come get your picture taken with Mike Cock.

Go ahead Jimmy, get a little closer to Mike Cock.

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 10:40 PM
Hey kids! Come get your picture taken with Mike Cock.

Go ahead Jimmy, get a little closer to Mike Cock.
F hawk u that's sick

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 10:41 PM
F hawk u that's mean

It's F'hawking hilarious.

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 10:44 PM
It's F'hawking hilarious.
F'hawk N A Right

Milkman
December 21st, 2015, 11:09 PM
In high school golfed with a guy named Michael Hunt. I looked at him when he introduced himself and just thought "you're ****in with me"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

awBison
December 26th, 2015, 12:02 PM
After seeing some more JSU football this weekend I think we will have them covered on both lines. Their defense looked very suseptable to delayed run plays through the middle. I think Stick will have fun with them.

Scooter
December 26th, 2015, 02:20 PM
I would say it is your APR.
At least you guys are better than you used to be. Still isn't great.

Cocky
December 26th, 2015, 04:00 PM
I would say it is your APR.
At least you guys are better than you used to be. Still isn't great.
Our APR should be in the 970s, I think, this time. Jack didn't sweat to many details other than which bourbon to drink. Lucky for us it was one of the things that cost him his job.

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2015, 07:05 PM
geez, what a bunch of demented perverted Bison fans, lock your doors parents...

dgtw
December 26th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Our APR should be in the 970s, I think, this time. Jack didn't sweat to many details other than which bourbon to drink. Lucky for us it was one of the things that cost him his job.

The bourbon or the APR?

CockyGeek
December 26th, 2015, 08:45 PM
I saw him stumbling around a little inebriated in front of the TMB on game day one time. Letterman jacket and all.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Not an expert but I think the Bison coaches might try to:

- work the edges in the running game
- passes to the flats with the RBs and TEs over the middle
- screen passes to RBs
- JSU is fast on defense so IDK if the jet-sweep stuff will work but maybe they will go more north/south with RBs
- and as always, play field position game

JSUSoutherner
December 27th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Not an expert but I think the Bison coaches might try to:

- screen passes to RBs
- JSU is fast on defense so IDK if the jet-sweep stuff will work but maybe they will go more north/south with RBs
- and as always, play field position game

- screen passes to RBs

Charleston Southern lit us up with their outside run game, particularly on pitch plays. If the Bison can work the outside they may slowly but surely work their way to the end zone.

I've seen this also do some damage but more often than not the linebackers can bring up enough coverage to pressure the QB to throw it back to the outside toward our secondary. Plus, our DL is really good at pass rushing.

If I was the Bison I wouldn't try any Jet-sweep stuff. Our linebackers are pretty good at shutting it down. The best bet for the Bison run game is power it up the middle behind the O-Line or pitch plays to the outside. We are weak against teams that run read-option. It's how Huesman lit us up.

But I'm no expert either, those are just my guesses.

Bisonwinagn
December 27th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I think JSU has a good secondary and will make it tough to pass to receivers. This game actually sets up better for Stick than Wentz to run the read option. He may need to run it 15-20 times. Could see lots of throws to TE's and RB's to keep the linebackers from totally selling out on the run game. Also I agree NDSU should run some quick pitch plays to Bruce Anderson.

Wilson16
December 27th, 2015, 04:28 PM

There's money in South Canada unlike Podunkville

Wilson16
December 27th, 2015, 04:29 PM
geez, what a bunch of demented perverted Bison fans, lock your doors parents...
You like it...., don't you?

jsualumnus
December 27th, 2015, 04:32 PM
We have to destroy the nukes you guys store on hand... That's a connection we share!

Wilson16
December 27th, 2015, 04:34 PM
We have to destroy the nukes you guys store on hand... That's a connection we share!
After you get destroyed on the 9th you'll know how powerful South Canada is

Hammerhead
December 27th, 2015, 04:40 PM
There was someone a grade ahead of me in high school who's name was Jack Knoff.

Wilson16
December 27th, 2015, 04:42 PM
There was someone a grade ahead of me in high school who's name was Jack Knoff.
Thank God the K was silent

jsualumnus
December 27th, 2015, 04:55 PM
That's the arrogance we've all come to know and love...

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Blah blah blah.....whine whine whine....tears

Ya done?

jsualumnus
December 27th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Ya done?

Nah, I'll have more to say at 2:01 CT on Jan. 9th...

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2015, 05:11 PM

Nice edit to your last post crybaby....for some supposed "big guy". You cry like a petulant little bitch.

Wilson16
December 27th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Speaking of arrogance

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2015, 05:55 PM

Cool, I'll be at Bone Daddy's in Plano having a celebratory/consolation/therapeutic bloody mary. You can meet me there and say whatever you like.

jsualumnus
December 27th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Ha!!! That edit was classic wasn't it? Result of another JSU fan grabbing my phone and telling me to calm down. Who's a little bitch? I knew I'd get a response. I love it....

jsualumnus
December 27th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Nice edit to your last post crybaby....for some supposed "big guy". You cry like a petulant little bitch.

Says a petulant little bitch...

Scooter
December 27th, 2015, 08:20 PM
The sad thing is that all of this smack is taking away from what should be a great match up.

Twentysix
December 27th, 2015, 08:27 PM
The sad thing is that all of this smack is taking away from what should be a great match up.

Maybe for you. I couldn't care less what is said leading up to a game. The game is the same either way.

jsualumnus
December 27th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Dude, go ahead and blame the almighty Buson fans that think their **** don't stink. i've tried to leave cordial posts, but a couple douche bags keep the junk talk going. I myself will enjoy the game, atmosphere, and outcome no matter what.

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Says a petulant little bitch...

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.......bitch xlolx GTFO. You guys are just rich...."bet you wouldn't say that to my face! Derp derp derp!". :D

jsualumnus
December 27th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Dude... Give up, make a deal with each other that if you lose you admit you were an arrogant bastard, and if we lose I'll do the same... I'll say mine while drinking a shot of Gentleman Jack and following with cold Sierra Nevada while you say yours drinking a Keystone Light! Deal?

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Dude... Give up, make a deal with each other that if you lose you admit you were an arrogant bastard, and if we lose I'll do the same... I'll say mine while drinking a shot of Gentleman Jack and following with cold Sierra Nevada while you say yours drinking a Keystone Light! Deal?

Haha, no deal for me...not one to drink anymore. I will definitely be on here post game to discuss and congratulate either winner though! xthumbsupx

jsualumnus
December 27th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Me too! May the best team win! They will deserve the congrats!

Southern Bison
December 27th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Cool, I'll be at Bone Daddy's in Plano having a celebratory/consolation/therapeutic bloody mary. You can meet me there and say whatever you like.
A bloody mary?? WTF? Will you be on your period on the 9th?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2015, 09:51 PM
A bloody mary?? WTF? Will you be on your period on the 9th?

**** you, it's delicious. It's like a ****ing meal.

Southern Bison
December 27th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Damn...you should've been in Fargo on the 18th. A big mouth like that would've made it interesting...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Damn...you should've been in Fargo on the 18th. A big mouth like that would've made it interesting...

Didn't I just announce where I'll be Jan 9th?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2015, 10:00 PM
I was at 7 games this season. Plenty of chances to hang out with me.

Twentysix
December 27th, 2015, 10:04 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/ryag9bgpgclwbqn4sfop.gif

The Chalupanator, the weakness of the JSU linemen.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2015, 10:05 PM

The weakness of the JSU linemen.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1ktwfTjwaQzde/giphy.gif

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2015, 10:12 PM

You got some rep for that. Just give me some Casey's breakfast pizza and I'd be a very content man.

JSUSoutherner
December 27th, 2015, 10:23 PM

I thought Taco Bell was a weakness for everyone?

Bisonoline
December 27th, 2015, 10:28 PM

Damn shame too.

Houndawg
December 28th, 2015, 10:35 AM

I think you're just miffed about being out-smacked by a bunch of white folk from the North Pole....

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 28th, 2015, 03:09 PM
I posit that their quarterback's throwing style is a weakness. Yes he is very elusive and throws well, but he throws up a ton of 50/50 balls. LOTS. Gonzales and Barge have played well enough that they bail him out most often. If you look at the Richmond v ISUr game and then compare that to the NDSU v Richmond game, NDSU isn't losing that many of those kind of throws.

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 03:13 PM
I posit that their quarterback's throwing style is a weakness. Yes he is very elusive and throws well, but he throws up a ton of 50/50 balls. LOTS. Gonzales and Barge have played well enough that they bail him out most often. If you look at the Richmond v ISUr game and then compare that to the NDSU v Richmond game, NDSU isn't losing that many of those kind of throws.

The 50/50 balls obviously aren't hurting us too bad because on 354 ATTs Eli has 2731 yards, 21 TDs, and only 6 picks.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2015, 03:19 PM
The 50/50 balls obviously aren't hurting us too bad because on 354 ATTs Eli has 2731 yards, 21 TDs, and only 6 picks.

Well when you're going against UTM and APSU, 50/50 probably ends up being 80/20

Brian Bell had 20 TDs in 2011.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 28th, 2015, 09:45 PM

I am literally saying they haven't hurt you because you have excellent wide outs. However over the course of the playoffs NDSU has shown that they can make teams pay for those types of throws. Since your QB relies on them from time to time he may be very comfortable throwing questionable deep balls. I see this as a tendency that the Bizon may wish to exploit.

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 10:04 PM
I am literally saying they haven't hurt you because you have excellent wide outs. However over the course of the playoffs NDSU has shown that they can make teams pay for those types of throws. Since your QB relies on them from time to time he may be very comfortable throwing questionable deep balls. I see this as a tendency that the Bizon may wish to exploit.

Ahh, my bad. Misread on my part.