PDA

View Full Version : National Championship: NDSU vs Jacksonville State

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2015, 08:27 PM
January 9th needs to come faster. I don't know how I have done this 4x before. This one seems longer than the rest.

Sycamore62
December 22nd, 2015, 08:28 PM
Some other college teams do it (Clemson maybe?) and I've heard that if they see something they like from the defense they will go for 2, if the defense defends it they motion to the traditional PAT try

i cant weed through the crap to find the quote from your post, but Ive had coaches tell me that it is literally to make the opposing coaches spend time in practice on it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2015, 08:37 PM
If you're coming here looking for a preview of the national championship game you're in the wrong place. If you're looking to kill some time while waiting for kickoff it's not a bad way to do it.

And yes, it is usually this stupid. In fact I'd say it was even more stupid for SHSU part deux in 2012 and ISUr last year because we spent more time talking smack completely unrelated to the game.... instead of this year where most of the smack is in some tiny way related to the game.

This was the ultimate dumpster fire of a thread if you really want to see how bad it can get with 3 weeks between games: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126307-The-Rematch-Sam-Houston-ST-vs-North-Dakota-ST

EDIT: The first 15 or so pages are ok then it really gets bad: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126307-The-Rematch-Sam-Houston-ST-vs-North-Dakota-ST/page18

So we've still got a lot more to look forward to out of this thread. Hopefully ursus doesn't have to move this one to the Smack board like he did that year.

ah. memories. Thanks for those. Good times.

Gamecocks99
December 22nd, 2015, 08:47 PM
about time we started getting serious!
What a novel thought.

Gamecocks99
December 22nd, 2015, 08:49 PM
Who won the last jax State vs NDSU in football and what year?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2015, 08:49 PM

JSU 1989.

Were you alive then?

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 08:51 PM

We are 2-0 vs the Bison. Both games were way back in our D-II days.

swaghook
December 22nd, 2015, 09:10 PM
We are 2-0 vs the Bison. Both games were way back in our D-II days.
Both times at your home. This time is supposed to be a neutral site but it might as well be NDSU's winter home site.

Cocky
December 22nd, 2015, 10:41 PM
Both times at your home. This time is supposed to be a neutral site but it might as well be NDSU's winter home site.
The first one was not played at JSU but Anniston High School because of stadium construction. It was quite a bit closer to us than NDSU but I guess technically a neutral field. But JSU did get to choose the field. The game was also on ABC which was a super huge deal back in 77. The game was also the Grantland Rice Bowl but none of the players got ipods, ipads, iphones or other expensive gifts.

The 89 game was at JSU.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2015, 11:05 PM
The first one was not played at JSU but Anniston High School because of stadium construction. It was quite a bit closer to us than NDSU but I guess technically a neutral field. But JSU did get to choose the field. The game was also on ABC which was a super huge deal back in 77. The game was also the Grantland Rice Bowl but none of the players got ipods, ipads, iphones or other expensive gifts.

The 89 game was at JSU.

They gave out an etch a sketch.:D

swaghook
December 23rd, 2015, 06:07 AM

The 89 game was at JSU.

And from what I hear about it the Bison team was sickened that day. But that really does not matter now. It's not like those games are even remotely recent.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2015, 06:57 AM
And from what I hear about it the Bison team was sickened that day. But that really does not matter now. It's not like those games are even remotely recent.

In the '89 game, didn't the RB from Kenmare fumble twice?

dgtw
December 23rd, 2015, 07:20 AM

The 89 game was at JSU.

Was the whole season in 1977 played at AHS or just the playoffs?

JSUSoutherner
December 23rd, 2015, 07:23 AM
Was the whole season in 1977 played at AHS or just the playoffs?

No, our regular season games where at JSU that year.

dgtw
December 23rd, 2015, 07:44 AM
No, our regular season games where at JSU that year.

Seems like they could have held off on construction for a couple weeks with a possible playoff game at home. I understand they had a schedule but that time included Thanksgiving, where nothing happened anyway. But the last home game was 11/5 with two regular season road games following so I guess that wasn't feasible if they started right after that home game.

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2015, 07:47 AM
They gave out an etch a sketch.:D

OK who is old enough to remember playing the original Atari Football?:)

http://www.tleaves.com/weblog/images/articles/football.jpg

mango433
December 23rd, 2015, 08:04 AM
Because we have a First-Team All-American QB that has so far rushed for 1,100 and an All-American running back who is averaging something like 9YPC and will break 2,000 season yards with a half decent game who both run behind a O-Line that has 4 All-Conference and an All-American on it. You can talk up NDSU's defense until you're blue in the face but keep in mind NO ONE has even come close to shutting our rushing attack down. Our worst rushing game was 161 yards at Auburn.

That's great. Zach Zenner from SDSU had over 2,000 yards three straight seasons. You know what he did in against the Bison in those three years? 43, 46, 4 (FOUR!!!), 96 and 133. It took Zenner, the only player to surpass 2,000 yards rushing in three straight years, three times to figure out the Bison defense. Good luck

Cocky
December 23rd, 2015, 08:05 AM
Seems like they could have held off on construction for a couple weeks with a possible playoff game at home. I understand they had a schedule but that time included Thanksgiving, where nothing happened anyway. But the last home game was 11/5 with two regular season road games following so I guess that wasn't feasible if they started right after that home game.

Annistons stadium was nicer than JSU at the time. JSU had wooden bleachers, on the visitors side, if I remember correctly.

Bison56
December 23rd, 2015, 08:12 AM
Anyone know the teams schedules for these 3 weeks?

- - - Updated - - -

OK who is old enough to remember playing the original Atari Football?:)

http://www.tleaves.com/weblog/images/articles/football.jpg

xthumbsupx classic

UNIFanSince1983
December 23rd, 2015, 08:35 AM
Because we have a First-Team All-American QB that has so far rushed for 1,100 and an All-American running back who is averaging something like 9YPC and will break 2,000 season yards with a half decent game who both run behind a O-Line that has 4 All-Conference and an All-American on it. You can talk up NDSU's defense until you're blue in the face but keep in mind NO ONE has even come close to shutting our rushing attack down. Our worst rushing game was 161 yards at Auburn.

Well just for a comparison sake. You guys had 236 rushing yards on EIU. We put up 323.
We then only put up 120 yards on the ground against NDSU. That was the week after putting up 401 on Portland State.

So this will be the best rushing defense you have faced since Auburn. I will say it again. You guys will have to pass to open up the run plain and simple. That is much easier said than done. NDSU's defense has been lights out in the playoffs. You better hope you force some 3 and outs or they will just wear you down on offense and then the defense stays fresh and you are done.

Not saying it can't happen just saying NDSU is by far the best FCS team you will play this year. It isn't even close. They are closer to Auburn than any other team on your schedule.

JSUSoutherner
December 23rd, 2015, 08:44 AM
Well just for a comparison sake. You guys had 236 rushing yards on EIU. We put up 323.
We then only put up 120 yards on the ground against NDSU. That was the week after putting up 401 on Portland State.

So this will be the best rushing defense you have faced since Auburn. I will say it again. You guys will have to pass to open up the run plain and simple. That is much easier said than done. NDSU's defense has been lights out in the playoffs. You better hope you force some 3 and outs or they will just wear you down on offense and then the defense stays fresh and you are done.

Not saying it can't happen just saying NDSU is by far the best FCS team you will play this year. It isn't even close. They are closer to Auburn than any other team on your schedule.

It's not like we struggled at Auburn. Heck had Rouleau not missed the game was ours. And no, Bison fans I'm not just trying to justify the loss. I'm showing that our offense wasn't the issue with Auburn. It wasn't us getting our teeth kicked in on offense. It was special teams that lost us the game in Auburn. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to go watch the game. Plus when people bring up USD the immediate Bison response is "Oh! But we've gotten so much better!" You don't think the Gamecocks have as well? I understand this is the hardest team we have faced but I really don't see our offense, or even our rush game, getting shut down by the Bison. Auburn couldn't do it 3 months ago. Why would the Bison be able to now? Yes they are the best FCS team we have faced but either way, we will find out in three weeks.

UNIFanSince1983
December 23rd, 2015, 08:47 AM
It's not like we struggled at Auburn. Heck had Rouleau not missed the game was ours. And no, Bison fans I'm not just trying to justify the loss. I'm showing that our offense wasn't the issue with Auburn. It wasn't us getting our teeth kicked in on offense. It was special teams that lost us the game in Auburn. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to go watch the game. Plus when people bring up USD the immediate Bison response is "Oh! But we've gotten so much better!" You don't think the Gamecocks have as well? I understand this is the hardest team we have faced but I really don't see our offense, or even our rush game, getting shut down by the Bison. Auburn couldn't do it 3 months ago. Why would the Bison be able to now? Yes they are the best FCS team we have faced but either way, we will find out in three weeks.

I have a hard time believing what you say after you said our offense wouldn't score 40 on EIU and then we scored 59 points...

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2015, 08:50 AM
I have a hard time believing what you say after you said our offense wouldn't score 40 on EIU and then we scored 59 points...

Yeah...that high flyin' UNI offense though.... :)

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2015, 08:52 AM

This is the exact same thing we heard from GSU fans in 2011. Only it was buttBama.;)

In fact I think we've heard similar things from every opponent we've faced so don't think you are something special.:D

JSUSoutherner
December 23rd, 2015, 08:54 AM
This is the exact same thing we heard from GSU fans in 2011. Only it was buttBama.;)

In fact I think we've heard similar things from every opponent we've faced so don't think you are something special.:D

So I bet you said the same crap before you got popped by Montana and USD too. 😒

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2015, 09:03 AM
So I bet you said the same crap before you got popped by Montana and USD too. 

What's crap? Saying we hear this every game isn't crap just the truth.

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2015, 09:07 AM
So I bet you said the same crap before you got popped by Montana and USD too. ��
Yep, and we also said the same crap before Weber St, UND, SDSU, UNI #1, ISUb, SIU, WIU, YSU, Missouri St, Montana #2, UNI #2, and Richmond.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2015, 09:37 AM

NDSU doesn't have to "shut down" your offense. Slow it up enough to keep it out of the end zone and go for FGs. Slow it up enough to produce a few 3 and outs or drives that stall out and JSU has to punt. NDSU's defense is more than capable of doing this.

Now if NDSU gives up big plays, then they are in trouble. Same for JSU....if they cannot stop the Bison from grinding out long drives that consume the clock, then they are in trouble.

Will NDSU hold JSU to under 250 total yards? Good question. Probably not with what I have seen from JSU but they are capable of doing it, esp with the type of offense NDSU runs. With JSU's defensive alignments, maybe the Bison can exploit the edges and work the passing game with the TEs and RBs in the flats. I'm sure both teams will start out in their base defenses and make adjustments accordingly. NDSU needs to make JSU 1-dimensional on offense. If Jenkins has time to pass the ball and move the chains with his running ability, the Bison will lose this game. Jenkins looks a lot like Roberson from Ill State but a better passer.

This is an interesting match up. JSU has not faced a team like the Bison and their in your face power running ability. NDSU has faced numerous spread/read option teams but not one this talented except for maybe Ill State last year. This will probably be a 4 quarter game.

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2015, 10:03 AM
Here's an interesting point about JSU's domination thus far this year, specifically in the run game. They've yet to trail by more than 7 points in any game. NDSU has been in that situation twice (UNI #1 and YSU) and won both games. If NDSU is able to get a two score lead how does JSU respond?

I'm not saying it will happen but it's easy to rack up the rush attempts and rush yards when you're leading or it's close the whole game. What if the Bison are up two scores in the 2nd half? Does JSU stay committed to their run game or do they panic and start chucking it? One team is definitely more battle tested than the other. That's either because NDSU has played a tougher schedule or because JSU is just flat out better. We'll find out.

Cocky
December 23rd, 2015, 10:52 AM
Here's an interesting point about JSU's domination thus far this year, specifically in the run game. They've yet to trail by more than 7 points in any game. NDSU has been in that situation twice (UNI #1 and YSU) and won both games. If NDSU is able to get a two score lead how does JSU respo
I'm not saying it will happen but it's easy to rack up the rush attempts and rush yards when you're leading or it's close the whole game. What if the Bison are up two scores in the 2nd half? Does JSU stay committed to their run game or do they panic and start chucking it? One team is definitely more battle tested than the other. That's either because NDSU has played a tougher schedule or because JSU is just flat out better. We'll find out.
John in high school stay with the normal plan.

The successful teams in this area college and high schools are using the reg season to build depth so they're hard to get a good read on. Rotating lineman with the first unit is common among the good teams. We had his state champions playing7 and 8 OL and 8-10 DL, even small schools. One even had one player rotate into all 5 OL positions. John has taken several HS traits into his plans. With all of that it's hard to say because it appears the reg season is just to be prepared for playoff situations.

Gamecocks99
December 23rd, 2015, 10:57 AM
Were down by 2 TD in the 2ND Round against Chattanooga
And came back and won. It was a slug fest.
Get ready t o get punched in the mouth repetitively.
Lol. We like punching you on the mouth. Lol.

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2015, 10:59 AM
Should be a good game then because that's exactly how NDSU plays as well. And the only leads Chatty ever had in that playoff game were 7-0 and 35-28.

CockyGeek
December 23rd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Eli has 21 passing TDs this year. We'll be okay.

The Grass is greener in Jacksonville

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2015, 11:01 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bear-fight.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2015, 11:34 AM
Eli has 21 passing TDs this year. We'll be okay.

Brian Bell had 20 passing TDs in 2011

I forget how many he had in the championship game. Anyone?

CockyGeek
December 23rd, 2015, 11:35 AM

Don't even know or care will who that is. It's 2015.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2015, 11:36 AM
Don't even know or care will who that is. It's 2015.

yeah but it sure feels like 2011. Yippy first time team with a formidable offense and a ****ty schedule.

Deja vu all over again.

CockyGeek
December 23rd, 2015, 11:37 AM
Gotta start somewhere.

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2015, 11:47 AM
Gotta start somewhere.

Are you typing out "The Grass is greener in Jacksonville" on every post?

CockyGeek
December 23rd, 2015, 11:49 AM
Are you typing out "The Grass is greener in Jacksonville" on every post?
It's called a signature. It's been a standard feature of message boards since the 90s.

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2015, 11:50 AM
It's called a signature. It's been a standard feature of message boards since the 90s.

I know just didn't look like it was separated from the post like most sigs.

CockyGeek
December 23rd, 2015, 11:51 AM
I'm just being a dick. I set it up on my phone. I noticed that too.

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2015, 11:58 AM

Well....it sucks. Do better. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 23rd, 2015, 12:31 PM
Legitimate question because I'm too lazy to look up the answer: How many spread offenses has NDSU faced that incorporate the QB read option like JSU?

TennBison
December 23rd, 2015, 12:47 PM
That is great for us then, because while your busy trying to punch us in the mouth(which is pretty hard to do when your flat on your back)...............we will be busy running for TDs,

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 23rd, 2015, 12:58 PM
Current point spread..........

NDSU is favored by 3.

Over/under 58

uni88
December 23rd, 2015, 01:16 PM

Don't tell Marshaun Coprich that the "Grass is greener in Jacksonville." xsmiley_wix

CockyGeek
December 23rd, 2015, 01:26 PM
I need someone to make a Grass on Turf shirt ASAP

THE HERD
December 23rd, 2015, 01:33 PM
Legitimate question because I'm too lazy to look up the answer: How many spread offenses has NDSU faced that incorporate the QB read option like JSU?

Hell it seems like the vast majority of college football is running some form of the spread, but two off the top of my head would be UNI and SIU. UNI obviously was way more run oriented, but SIU had a hell of an offense this year and was pretty balanced. Their QB had some nice stats and I believe they were averaging over 400yds a game, but don't quote me. EDIT: Just looked it up and SIU averaged 498 yds a game.

word
December 23rd, 2015, 01:36 PM
Hell it seems like the vast majority of college football is running some form of the spread, but two off the top of my head would be UNI and SIU. UNI obviously was way more run oriented, but SIU had a hell of an offense this year and was pretty balanced. Their QB had some nice stats and I believe they were averaging over 400yds a game, but don't quote me.

QUOTED.....Don't tell me what to do.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2015, 02:53 PM

To numerous to figure out.

Daytripper
December 23rd, 2015, 04:24 PM
I just woke up from my post-semi stupor. Feeling a bit better, but not much. This will be a close game. I worry that JSU blew their wad in the Sam game. Is it possible to have an emotional letdown in the championship game? I think the three weeks between the semis and the natty help JSU to refocus. The only problem is NDSU doesn't need to refocus. This is routine to them.

I'll take JSU 31-27. The JSU D-line will disrupt what NDSU wants to do offensively. The JSU defense will get enough stops to finish.

Southern Bison
December 23rd, 2015, 05:16 PM
C'mon boy...you have 2 weeks off of school, mom is doing your laundry & feeding you...your World of Warcraft game can wait.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
December 23rd, 2015, 05:30 PM
C'mon boy...you have 2 weeks off of school, mom is doing your laundry & feeding you...your World of Warcraft game can wait.

World of Warcraft is for pu$$ies. Real men play Pokemon!

I just woke up from my post-semi stupor. Feeling a bit better, but not much.

That was a quick recovery. Does it still hurt to sit?

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2015, 05:35 PM

I wouldn't be comparing Brian Bell to Jenkins now.....finally we get to see if North Dakota State can actually beat a good team in the finals

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2015, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't be comparing Brian Bell to Jenkins now.....finally we get to see if North Dakota State can actually beat a good team in the finals

yeah. ISU was total dog****. Right?

god damn that failure in Newark has made you a bitter sumbitch.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 23rd, 2015, 06:28 PM
So none of the other teams in the last four years of championship games were any good????

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2015, 06:35 PM
So none of the other teams in the last four years of championship games were any good????

Towson was pretty good but got curb stomped also...

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2015, 07:22 PM

Ill give you Illinois State but no, the other 3 didn't look that good on Final exam day

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2015, 07:25 PM
There might have been a common denominator for those 3.

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2015, 07:29 PM
There might have been a common denominator for those 3.

easy, all non MVFC

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2015, 07:31 PM
Towson was pretty good but got curb stomped also...

Towson lost to Delaware that year, that told me everything I needed to know about their chances

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2015, 07:35 PM
Towson lost to Delaware that year, that told me everything I needed to know about their chances
With the exception of 2012 (when I think everyone agrees that GSU was the 2nd best team in the country) the Bison played their closest postseason game in Frisco each year. So if you think the teams they played were no good that must've meant the entire rest of the FCS was no good those years right?

kbswish22
December 23rd, 2015, 07:42 PM
Ill give you Illinois State but no, the other 3 didn't look that good on Final exam day

That 2011 Sam Houston team was 14-0 prior to the championship and had scored at least 31 points in 10 straight games and was leading the FCS in scoring average prior to that game. Despite an anemic Bison offense giving them the ball over and over again (Only 235 total yards and 9 first downs for NDSU), SHSU scored 6 points. Flanders had 287 rush yards in the semis and 84 in the final.

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2015, 07:45 PM
With the exception of 2012 (when I think everyone agrees that GSU was the 2nd best team in the country) the Bison played their closest postseason game in Frisco each year. So if you think the teams they played were no good that must've meant the entire rest of the FCS was no good those years right?

well just getting you out of that dome makes it closer, what about Wofford game.... didn't they take you to the wire

Wilson16
December 23rd, 2015, 08:35 PM
Agree. Towson was not a very good championship game foe

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2015, 08:50 PM
Agree. Towson was not a very good championship game foe

To be fair that 2013 team might have been the GOAT

Cocky
December 23rd, 2015, 08:55 PM
Why couldnt it be NDSU was good more than the others were not good?

centennial
December 23rd, 2015, 09:01 PM
To be fair that 2013 team might have been the GOAT
That was a legit top 20 FBS team. K-State lost to us and only ranked teams(and not by much).

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2015, 09:46 PM
NSFW...... xlolx

https://twitter.com/TightEndsPlano/status/679856560223305729/photo/1?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=BISONATION&utm_content=679857179088654337

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2015, 09:48 PM
NSFW...... xlolx

https://twitter.com/TightEndsPlano/status/679856560223305729/photo/1?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=BISONATION&utm_content=679857179088654337
You know. Wild Pitch is kind of a **** show. That's not far away

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2015, 09:58 PM
well just getting you out of that dome makes it closer, what about Wofford game.... didn't they take you to the wire
That was in 2012 also. It was a 7 point game but it was never near the drama that the GSU game was the next week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2015, 10:07 PM
You know. Wild Pitch is kind of a **** show. That's not far away

Looks like I'm stopping there to eat....xhypedxxlovex

dewey
December 24th, 2015, 12:50 AM

SHSU in 2011 was pretty dang good and were undefeated heading into the title game but that years Bison defense was INCREDIBLE.

If I had to rank the 4 teams NDSU has beaten in the FCS title game so far...
2015 Illinois State
2012 Sam Houston State
2013 Sam Houston State
2014 Towson...Terrance West was arguably the best RB in FCS history but they were too 1 dimensional plus that NDSU team might have been the best FCS team ever.

Now if I had to rank the 4 NDSU teams.
2013-2014 15-0 and destroyed everyone in the playoffs by at least 28 points. This is the no brainer of the group.
2012-2013 14-1 Good offense and a good defense...very solid team.
2014-2015 15-1 Good offense but the D gave up a 9 point lead in the 4th quarter. Very close at half and NDSU pulled away in the wind half after one of SHSU'S star defensive players went down.... (Taylor?...I remember his brother was the LB).
2011-2012 14-1 Great defense but weaker than the rest on offense. Needed a fake punt and interception return to 2 yard line to score any points.

Dewey

344Johnson
December 24th, 2015, 09:23 AM
That was a legit top 20 FBS team. K-State lost to us and only ranked teams(and not by much).

Wouldn't call them legit top 20. Got to play K-State while they broke in a new team. If they okay in November I'm thinking K State (unranked?) Probably wins pretty comfortably. But hey, still awesome to see that game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Wouldn't call them legit top 20. Got to play K-State while they broke in a new team. If they okay in November I'm thinking K State (unranked?) Probably wins pretty comfortably. But hey, still awesome to see that game.

IDK about top 20 but definitely top 25-30 range. NDSU would have beaten K-State probably 6/10 times that year. 8-3 against FBS with all games at their place....not too bad.

Iowa will be a top-10 team to start the year next year. With what the Bison have coming back in '16, they will give Iowa a run for their money.

Christiank22
December 24th, 2015, 10:01 AM
I would say they were legit top 20. The way they dominated playoff teams and the way they came back to win against K-state was impressive. I feel like most FCS over FBS, is the FCS team staying ahead long enough to get the win as dumb as that sounds lol

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Bison 34-24

BisonTru
December 24th, 2015, 02:53 PM

We beat K St 7 out 10 times all year. We got beat deep twice take care of those and it could have been 24-7. We won both trenches easily. They improved throughout the year, but so did we.

NDSUtk
December 24th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Question for the Jax St folks. What changed in 12 months that caused your playoff game against SHSU to soar in attendance?

In 2014 you were ranked 3rd so it wasn't like you were a bad team by any means. So I would assume that your bandwagon jumpers would have already been on board? But you drew 10.8k and this year you set a record with 23.7k? I realize this year was a semi game and you're number one but to over double?!

Is this year starting a new culture of attendance for you guys? Did season tickets jump up this year compared to last year? Etc.

Or did the band just get that much better and bigger? ;)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CockyGeek
December 24th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Our new president actually cares a bout marketing.

Cocky
December 24th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Question for the Jax St folks. What changed in 12 months that caused your playoff game against SHSU to soar in attendance?

In 2014 you were ranked 3rd so it wasn't like you were a bad team by any means. So I would assume that your bandwagon jumpers would have already been on board? But you drew 10.8k and this year you set a record with 23.7k? I realize this year was a semi game and you're number one but to over double?!

Is this year starting a new culture of attendance for you guys? Did season tickets jump up this year compared to last year? Etc.

The first game was against UTC and we had beer being thrown and coaches fighting. The next week all came for the wrestling match and a good football team appeared. The next week people came to see a good football team not named Alabama or Auburn.

The first game going toe to toe with Auburn also let people know FCS football is good football. Our entire season attendance was good and not just the ticket sold but butts in seats.

Cocky
December 24th, 2015, 04:38 PM

Forgot to add, we do have several people come to see the Southerners. According to those who know more than me, this years show wasnt as good as other years.

BisonTru
December 24th, 2015, 05:40 PM
The first game was against UTC and we had beer being thrown and coaches fighting. The next week all came for the wrestling match and a good football team appeared. The next week people came to see a good football team not named Alabama or Auburn.

The first game going toe to toe with Auburn also let people know FCS football is good football. Our entire season attendance was good and not just the ticket sold but butts in seats.

You guys serve beer at games? Jealous.

JSUSoutherner
December 24th, 2015, 08:48 PM

No. They snuck it in. Wish they did. That would be awesome. Hopefully attendance stays high going into next season. The playoff games have been crazy fun.

Cocky
December 24th, 2015, 08:50 PM
No but no one checks.
You can bring it to the club level and suites. Back in the day, you could bring your liquor bottle into the game but it got a little rough. They quit this back in the DII days.

Our administration didnt plan the move out like NDSU did. We were a good DII program and moved but forgot to fund the move. We sucked for several years living off of the tradition built in the DII days. Crowe helped us get headed in the right direction with funding and facilities. Then Clark and Grass brought in some coaching. Be happy your folks did your program the right way so you didnt have to suffer like JSU.

JaxSinfonian
December 24th, 2015, 08:52 PM

We do not. I don't know why folks have said it was a beer that was thrown. It was fluid of some kind from a cup, and the simplest assumption is that it was a soda the offending fan bought in the stadium.

What changed in 12 months that caused your playoff game against SHSU to soar in attendance?

A few factors likely have contributed to the record attendance. For starters, I should note that it wasn't just the Sam Houston game; we set a new attendance record in the first home game of the season at 23,214, which lasted until the semifinals. Our third-highest attendance ever was in the quarterfinal against Charleston Southern. Over eight home games this season we've averaged 20,598 fans. The previous high season average was 17,330 in 2010, the year the stadium was expanded from 15,000 to 24,000.

So, the first factor is the close loss to Auburn. I know some AGS posters don't think it's anything special, but you really have no idea the cultural force that Alabama and Auburn wield here unless you've experienced it. The state of Alabama is ground zero for college football fandom, and those two teams command a following it may be difficult for you to imagine, mostly among people who never attended college and have only ever seen Tuscaloosa or Auburn on ESPN or CBS. Nearly upsetting Auburn in Week 2 and looking good doing it caused a lot of people to sit up and take notice of the Gamecocks. The No. 1 ranking that followed that game certainly didn't hurt marketing efforts. If JSU had actually won that day, I think every home game this year might have sold out.

The second factor is coach John Grass making a point to challenge fans to pack Burgess-Snow Field. That started after the Auburn game (http://I think these guys deserve to sell this stadium out this week, and I'm going to challenge our fans this week, our alumni to do that and come watch these guys play), and the fans responded, setting that new record in Week 3. He issued the challenge again for a then-big game against Eastern Kentucky at homecoming and later in the playoffs. It helped that the Gamecocks kept winning those games.

A third factor is a decision by JSU to move the student section from a portion of the home-side stands to the east end zone. There's room for more people over there, it's next to the band, and it gives students a little more freedom to cut loose. They've had a blast over there, and more of them have turned out for each game, with hordes coming back a week after final exams for the semifinal. They've looked great on the ESPN broadcasts.

JSUSoutherner
December 24th, 2015, 08:55 PM
We do not. I don't know why folks have said it was a beer that was thrown. It was fluid of some kind from a cup, and the simplest assumption is that it was be a soda the offending fan bought in the stadium.

Ruben came to sing with us in the stands after the game. It was beer. He smelled pretty strongly of it. Either that or he averaged 20 yards a catch while hammered lol

BisonTru
December 24th, 2015, 09:00 PM
No but no one checks.
You can bring it to the club level and suites. Back in the day, you could bring your liquor bottle into the game but it got a little rough. They quit this back in the DII days.

Our administration didnt plan the move out like NDSU did. We were a good DII program and moved but forgot to fund the move. We sucked for several years living off of the tradition built in the DII days. Crowe helped us get headed in the right direction with funding and facilities. Then Clark and Grass brought in some coaching. Be happy your folks did your program the right way so you didnt have to suffer like JSU.

Just a heads up, the security isn't strict at the championship. You can sneak a beer or two in. Just keep it hidden at the gate.

NDSUtk
December 24th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Just a heads up, the security isn't strict at the championship. You can sneak a beer or two in. Just keep it hidden at the gate.
Truth...last year I brought in 4. One fell down my pant leg as I was walking past security. It didn't matter to them.

Not that FargoDome security is gang busters at it either. I've brought a .375 of Morgan in on more than one occasion.

Winindy
December 24th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Truth...last year I brought in 4. One fell down my pant leg as I was walking past security. It didn't matter to them.

Not that FargoDome security is gang busters at it either. I've brought a .375 of Morgan in on more than one occasion.

They have come through on occasion to make sure we don't have booze in the suites at Fargodome. Though they haven't done it at all of the games.

X-Factor
December 25th, 2015, 08:05 AM
They have come through on occasion to make sure we don't have booze in the suites at Fargodome. Though they haven't done it at all of the games.
They should just leave the suites alone. What difference does it make if someone is drinking in a suite?

dewey
December 25th, 2015, 08:30 AM
They should just leave the suites alone. What difference does it make if someone is drinking in a suite?

The same rules should apply throughout the stadium regardless of general admission noise beeld seats or suites.

Dewey

Cocky
December 25th, 2015, 08:58 AM
We do not. I don't know why folks have said it was a beer that was thrown. It was fluid of some kind from a cup, and the simplest assumption is that it was a soda the offending fan bought in the stadium.

A few factors likely have contributed to the record attendance. For starters, I should note that it wasn't just the Sam Houston game; we set a new attendance record in the first home game of the season at 23,214, which lasted until the semifinals. Our third-highest attendance ever was in the quarterfinal against Charleston Southern. Over eight home games this season we've averaged 20,598 fans. The previous high season average was 17,330 in 2010, the year the stadium was expanded from 15,000 to 24,000.

So, the first factor is the close loss to Auburn. I know some AGS posters don't think it's anything special, but you really have no idea the cultural force that Alabama and Auburn wield here unless you've experienced it. The state of Alabama is ground zero for college football fandom, and those two teams command a following it may be difficult for you to imagine, mostly among people who never attended college and have only ever seen Tuscaloosa or Auburn on ESPN or CBS. Nearly upsetting Auburn in Week 2 and looking good doing it caused a lot of people to sit up and take notice of the Gamecocks. The No. 1 ranking that followed that game certainly didn't hurt marketing efforts. If JSU had actually won that day, I think every home game this year might have sold out.

The second factor is coach John Grass making a point to challenge fans to pack Burgess-Snow Field. That started after the Auburn game (http://I think these guys deserve to sell this stadium out this week, and I'm going to challenge our fans this week, our alumni to do that and come watch these guys play), and the fans responded, setting that new record in Week 3. He issued the challenge again for a then-big game against Eastern Kentucky at homecoming and later in the playoffs. It helped that the Gamecocks kept winning those games.

A third factor is a decision by JSU to move the student section from a portion of the home-side stands to the east end zone. There's room for more people over there, it's next to the band, and it gives students a little more freedom to cut loose. They've had a blast over there, and more of them have turned out for each game, with hordes coming back a week after final exams for the semifinal. They've looked great on the ESPN broadcasts.
Moving the students has turned out to be a great move.

dgtw
December 25th, 2015, 10:09 AM
The school has canceled class for the day before the game so students won't miss class to go to Frisco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUPharmacist
December 25th, 2015, 03:33 PM
The same rules should apply throughout the stadium regardless of general admission noise beeld seats or suites.

Dewey

I agree with you, but that is not the way sporting events works. People pay more and think they are entitled to more (in addition to nicer seats). As far as Universities go, I would think they wouldn't hassle the suites, hoping they could get donations out of wealthier fans.

JSUSoutherner
December 25th, 2015, 04:04 PM
This is a pretty interesting concept. One team to rule them all?

http://herosports.com/collegefootball/whew-north-dakota-st-jacksonville-st-combined-rosters/

Thoughts?

The only change I would make to that roster is trade out Schaetz for Sigler.

BisonTru
December 25th, 2015, 04:23 PM
This is a pretty interesting concept. One team to rule them all?

http://herosports.com/collegefootball/whew-north-dakota-st-jacksonville-st-combined-rosters/

Thoughts?

The only change I would make to that roster is trade out Schaetz for Sigler.

No Tanguay, No Vraa, No thank you

Twentysix
December 25th, 2015, 04:26 PM
No wentz either. :\ If you are making a hypothetical fusion team that includes NDSU, you probably take one of the top NFL draft pick QBs...

JSUSoutherner
December 25th, 2015, 04:34 PM
No wentz either. :\ If you are making a hypothetical fusion team that includes NDSU, you probably take one of the top NFL draft pick QBs...

Or the one that was first team AA? It's really a just toss up between the two of them. I'm sure Eli got the nod and made the list because of stats/accolades.

BisonTru
December 25th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Or the one that was first team AA? It's really a just toss up between the two of them. I'm sure Eli got the nod and made the list because of stats/accolades.

I'm fine with Wentz being off because he's injured, but if he is healthy he's the better QB and it's not close.

JSUSoutherner
December 25th, 2015, 04:46 PM
I'm fine with Wentz being off because he's injured, but if he is healthy he's the better QB and it's not close.

It's not close? Mmkay. Whatever you say.

BisonTru
December 25th, 2015, 05:01 PM
It's not close? Mmkay. Whatever you say.

Hang your hat all you want on that 1st team AA, but if Robertson, Lee, or Wentz were healthy all year he gets bumped down.

JSUSoutherner
December 25th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Hang your hat all you want on that 1st team AA, but if Robertson, Lee, or Wentz were healthy all year he gets bumped down.

If you say so. I can't argue with your fantasies.

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2015, 05:06 PM
If you say so. I can't argue with your fantasies.

The fact that only you and maybe a small handful think Jenkins is better than Wentz should be enough proof for you. I am one of the few people have wanted Stick to play over Wentz this entire time, however, if it would shut you up about riding JSU hard, I pray that Wentz plays and torches your defense. A potential 1st round pick VS a popularity contest, I take a potential first round pick 10/10

JSUSoutherner
December 25th, 2015, 05:08 PM
The fact that only you and maybe a small handful think Jenkins is better than Wentz should be enough proof for you. I am one of the few people have wanted Stick to play over Wentz this entire time, however, if it would shut you up about riding JSU hard, I pray that Wentz plays and torches your defense. A potential 1st round pick VS a popularity contest, I take a potential first round pick 10/10

A QB with legitimate accolades and stats for the year vs a QB with nothing but a broken wrist and Eli is the popularity contest winner? Ok.

I'll take numbers over people's opinions.

I'm not saying Carson Wentz isn't fantastic. I'm just saying the fact that Jenkins doesn't enter the draft until next year might be part of the reason he's not a prospect. Just a guess.

centennial
December 25th, 2015, 05:15 PM
A QB with legitimate accolades and stats for the year vs a QB with nothing but a broken wrist and Eli is the popularity contest winner? Ok.

I'm not saying Carson Wentz isn't fantastic. I'm just saying the fact that Jenkins doesn't enter the draft until next year might be part of the reason he's not a prospect. Just a guess.
Dude just stop.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2015, 05:31 PM

Let me break through you nice thick skull. Jenkins has 3 years and Wentz has 1.5 years of starting. (Not including years he didnt start). Jenkins has 40 career games and Wentz has 22.

Wentz had 4600 yards in 22 games. Jenkins has 5488 in 40 games. So he has 800 less yards than Jenkins with 18 less games. The thing is he was on pace for another 3000 which would have given him more yards with one FULL season less than Jenkins.

Wentz has 41 passing touchdowns compared to 36. So one is averaging 2 passing TDs and the other is averaging less than 1 per game.

Wentz has about 900 rushing yards in 22 games compared to Jenkins who has 2724 in 40. I will give credit here that Jenkins is a nice mobile QB and possibly better in open space.

This season alone, Wentz had 16-2 TD/INT ratio which extrapolated is about a 39-5 ratio over the season with playoffs included. Jenkins is 21-6 TD/INT ratio. Wentz was also averaging a half a yard better compared to Jenkins per completion. He is also averaging 4% better completion in 22 games he started.

You said "I'll take numbers over people's opinions," so here is some information for you. Facts don't lie.

Big_Fan
December 25th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Wentz may be a better pro prospect, but that doesn't make him a better college qb. There are lots of examples where that is the case. The "better" choice would also be predicated on the style of offense. Eli is a better choice in a read option attack. Wentz is arguably a bit better passer, while Eli is a good passer, and much better runner.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
December 25th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Let me break through you nice thick skull. Jenkins has 3 years and Wentz has 1.5 years of starting. (Not including years he didnt start). Jenkins has 40 career games and Wentz has 22.

Wentz had 4600 yards in 22 games. Jenkins has 5488 in 40 games. So he has 800 less yards than Jenkins with 18 less games. The thing is he was on pace for another 3000 which would have given him more yards with one FULL season less than Jenkins.

Wentz has 41 passing touchdowns compared to 36. So one is averaging 2 passing TDs and the other is averaging less than 1 per game.

Wentz has about 900 rushing yards in 22 games compared to Jenkins who has 2724 in 40. I will give credit here that Jenkins is a nice mobile QB and possibly better in open space.

This season alone, Wentz had 16-2 TD/INT ratio which extrapolated is about a 39-5 ratio over the season with playoffs included. Jenkins is 21-6 TD/INT ratio. Wentz was also averaging a half a yard better compared to Jenkins per completion. He is also averaging 4% better completion in 22 games he started.

You said "I'll take numbers over people's opinions," so here is some information for you. Facts don't lie.

Well considering Jenkins's first year starting was his first year ever at QB at any level, the two really aren't comparable in the whole "Eli has played more games" aspect.

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Well considering Jenkins's first year starting was his first year ever at QB at any level, the two really aren't comparable in the whole "Eli has played more games" aspect.

You realize how much that deflates his stats even more? That makes Wentz stats even more spectacular. I'm done proving a point with facts and "numbers" since I can tell you chose not to come back with any. I wish you and everyone here a great Christmas and enjoy the rest of the night. I just can't have a discussion with someone who wants numbers and facts, and chooses to go and make excuses.

centennial
December 25th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Wentz may be a better pro prospect, but that doesn't make him a better college qb. There are lots of examples where that is the case. The "better" choice would also be predicated on the style of offense. Eli is a better choice in a read option attack. Wentz is arguably a bit better passer, while Eli is a good passer, and much better runner.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
The difference is running read option vs pro style. Eli would struggle with the NDSU's pro style which is a lot simpler than most NFL schemes(but complicated by college standards). You know why read option doesn't work that well vs good defense, especially NFL defenses? Wentz is reading a lot more coverages, changing plays at the line, throwing into tight windows. You do understand that we lost a 20ish starters in 2014, and almost our whole defense in 2015. Give Wentz the 2013 team and he takes most FBS teams out maybe except the top 10. Eli is a great college QB vs Wentz is a once in a decade player at NDSU.

JSUSoutherner
December 25th, 2015, 05:48 PM
You realize how much that deflates his stats even more? That makes Wentz stats even more spectacular. I'm done proving a point with facts and "numbers" since I can tell you chose not to come back with any. I wish you and everyone here a great Christmas and enjoy the rest of the night. I just can't have a discussion with someone who wants numbers and facts, and chooses to go and make excuses.

I realize that a player who posted higher stats in his third year at QB than a person in their seventh year at QB makes the other QB worse? What? Does that even make sense?

centennial
December 25th, 2015, 05:49 PM
I realize that a player who posted higher stats in his third year at QB than a person in their seventh year at QB makes the other QB worse? What? Does that even make sense?
Stop posting.

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Stop posting.

This.

JSUSoutherner
December 25th, 2015, 05:52 PM
I'm just wondering how a person who can achieve in his third year at what someone else did in seventh year at QB can be considered not as impressive?

Is it because "We at NDSU say so and that's that"?

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Stop posting.

The difference is running read option vs pro style. Eli would struggle with the NDSU's pro style which is a lot simpler than most NFL schemes(but complicated by college standards). You know why read option doesn't work that well vs good defense, especially NFL defenses? Wentz is reading a lot more coverages, changing plays at the line, throwing into tight windows. You do understand that we lost a 20ish starters in 2014, and almost our whole defense in 2015. Give Wentz the 2013 team and he takes most FBS teams out maybe except the top 10. Eli is a great college QB vs Wentz is a once in a decade player at NDSU.

People know where I stand with Stick, but damn, give Wentz 2013 and man would I not want to face that team. I can still remember people over on Bisonville (I try to avoid that place due to extreme homerism), were trying to say Jensen was better, and I remember laughing and thinking, damn Wentz would kill to have a team like that. Really wish he would have played in 2013 but there was no way you could bench Jense since he just won games and had that clutch mojo.

centennial
December 25th, 2015, 05:56 PM
I'm just wondering how a person who can achieve in his third year at what someone else did in seventh year at QB can be considered not as impressive?

It's because logic eludes you.

JSUSoutherner
December 25th, 2015, 06:04 PM
It's because logic eludes you.

What logic? I can't elude what isn't there.

centennial
December 25th, 2015, 06:09 PM
What logic? I can't elude what isn't there.
Irony.

X-Factor
December 25th, 2015, 06:16 PM
I can't believe we are even discussing Eli vs Carson. It's absolutely a non-starter.

Not only does Wentz have far superior throwing mechanics, arm strength, stats, and measurables, but he does it against FAR SUPERIOR competition. Quite frankly, if you put Easton Stick in that powder puff league he would be putting up huge numbers too. Wentz would look all-world.

Big_Fan
December 25th, 2015, 06:41 PM

there is not really any way to say definitively what Eli could or would do in NDSU's offense. Our offense is not a pure zone read. We are
very multiple. We run pro, ace, empty, pistol...virtually everything but wishbone, and we even lined up in that a few times last year. All we can really say is that Wentz is a more established prototype pro qb, while Eli could run circles around him... comparing Wentz' junior season to Eli this season, passing numbers are similar, and rushing skews heavily in ,Eli's favor.

both are great QB's

- - - Updated - - -

there is not really any way to say definitively what Eli could or would do in NDSU's offense. Our offense is not a pure zone read. We are
very multiple. We run pro, ace, empty, pistol...virtually everything but wishbone, and we even lined up in that a few times last year. All we can really say is that Wentz is a more established prototype pro qb, while Eli could run circles around him... comparing Wentz' junior season to Eli this season, passing numbers are similar, and rushing skews heavily in ,Eli's favor.

both are great QB's

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 25th, 2015, 06:57 PM
What a discussion.....xlolx

Wentz vs Jenkins....both very good college QBs. Wentz is a potential 1st round QB and Jenkins will not get drafted at QB...period. Maybe as a WR.

Like I said, both are very good college QBs. One is a potential 1st round NFL QB and the other will not get drafted. Pretty much end of discussion.

Cocky
December 25th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Are NDSU and JSU playing for the FCS championship or the Super Bowl?

BisonTru
December 25th, 2015, 08:11 PM

Seems his HS coaches figured out he's a WR/RB. (Somewhat purple)

I'll take the opinions of professional scouts. And Eli is eligible to enter the draft this year. If he was as All-World like you guys believe there would be some buzz about him potentially leaving early.

CockyGeek
December 25th, 2015, 09:05 PM
He's not a good enough passer to be an NFL starter. That's obvious. Maybe if he had gone to EIU.

caribbeanhen
December 25th, 2015, 09:06 PM
funny how uptight some of these N Dakota fans are, JSUsoutherner is pulling more strings than Pinochicio on this thread

centennial
December 25th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Seems his HS coaches figured out he's a WR/RB. (Somewhat purple)

I'll take the opinions of professional scouts. And Eli is eligible to enter the draft this year. If he was as All-World like you guys believe there would be some buzz about him potentially leaving early.
He would actually. If he was better than Wentz, he would be looking at a 5 year deal, and split for the money. He is rated 44th out of 187 for next years class. Meaning he will not even be seeing the CFL unless he has a monster year in 2016.

Bisonoline
December 25th, 2015, 10:15 PM
I'm just saying the fa

I'm not saying Carson Wentz isn't fantastic. ct that Jenkins doesn't enter the draft until next year might be part of the reason he's not a prospect. Just a guess.

Talent is recognized early. One doesnt need to eligible for the draft to be a prospect.

JaxSinfonian
December 25th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Stop posting.

Stop feeding him, maybe?

dgtw
December 25th, 2015, 11:24 PM
And all this time I thought Baby Huey at UTC was the greatest of all time and now I learn he isn't even the best in the FCS?

Bisonwinagn
December 26th, 2015, 12:24 AM
Great discussion. Too bad Wentz isn't even playing in this game so not sure why the waste of time talking about it. Wentz will get drafted and be a pro, but it's possible both ELI and Stick will be better college QB's and will have played more years.

Winindy
December 26th, 2015, 12:47 AM
These two look excited for January 9th.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22071&stc=1

ming01
December 26th, 2015, 01:00 AM

Didn't Jenkins split time at QB two years ago?

ming01
December 26th, 2015, 01:06 AM

I can't believe we are even discussing Eli vs Carson. It's absolutely a non-starter.

Not only does Wentz have far superior throwing mechanics, arm strength, stats, and measurables, but he does it against FAR SUPERIOR competition. Quite frankly, if you put Easton Stick in that powder puff league he would be putting up huge numbers too. Wentz would look all-world.

There's no debate. Jenkins is a good QB and one of the best in FCS. I've been following him since his frosh year. I understand supporting your team, but no one in this division comes close when Wentz is 100% and playing

Cocky
December 26th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Didn't Jenkins split time at QB two years ago?
Yes, 2013 Eli started the 3rd? game and the 8th? game of the season but loss the job or didnt gain it. Max Shortell was the starter most of the season and took back over in game 4 and Kyle West started game 9. Eli became the starter in the last regular season game because Max was injured.

Big_Fan
December 26th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Yes, 2013 Eli started the 3rd? game and the 8th? game of the season but loss the job or didnt gain it. Max Shortell was the starter most of the season and took back over in game 4 and Kyle West started game 9. Eli became the starter in the last regular season game because Max was injured.

In fairness to Eli, he was set to be the starter for the season, but nagging injuries kept him from grabbing control of the team. If memory serves me correctly, he started the opening game against ASU, but dislocated his thumb on his throwing hand...or broke a finger..something like that. By the time we got to the end of the season, he was 100%, and EKU/Sammy/McNeese felt his wrath. EWU was getting Elied before his knee injury. They had no answer for him. Had he not gone down in that game, we very well could have been playing Townson in the semis.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 26th, 2015, 09:05 AM
In fairness to Eli, he was set to be the starter for the season, but nagging injuries kept him from grabbing control of the team. If memory serves me correctly, he started the opening game against ASU, but dislocated his thumb on his throwing hand...or broke a finger..something like that. By the time we got to the end of the season, he was 100%, and EKU/Sammy/McNeese felt his wrath. EWU was getting Elied before his knee injury. They had no answer for him. Had he not gone down in that game, we very well could have been playing Townson in the semis.

EWU's defense pretty much always gets (insert name here)d

Big_Fan
December 26th, 2015, 10:43 AM
EWU's defense pretty much always gets (insert name here)d

Sorry, you are right.

Eli was a redshirt frosh starting his 8th game of the season in which he was injured for most of it. 120 yards rushing and 127 yards passing on 12 of 14 in less than 2 quarters of work, against the #3 ranked team in the country... that was nothing. Sorry to have brought it up. Anyone could have done that.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 27th, 2015, 05:51 PM
http://965thefox.com/journeys-dont-stop-believin-turned-into-anthem-for-ndsu-fans-video/

JaxSinfonian
December 27th, 2015, 06:00 PM
http://965thefox.com/journeys-dont-stop-believin-turned-into-anthem-for-ndsu-fans-video/

Umm ... From that link ...

NDSU (http://965thefox.com/tags/ndsu) faces Jacksonville State Saturday, June 9th at 11 a.m. for the FCS Championship.

Winindy
December 27th, 2015, 08:32 PM

Looks like they fixed it.

gotts
December 27th, 2015, 08:43 PM

Little late to the party, but I don't think Wentz has had that many seasons at QB. Maybe ming can clarify.

JSUSoutherner
December 27th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Little late to the party, but I don't think Wentz has had that many seasons at QB. Maybe ming can clarify.

According to his bio he played QB in high school.

gotts
December 27th, 2015, 08:52 PM

1 season varsity in high school. 1.5 seasons at NDSU.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 27th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I think Wentz played Wr or Te his senior year of high school. He hurt his wrist I think.

JSUSoutherner
December 27th, 2015, 09:05 PM
I think Wentz played Wr or Te his senior year of high school. He hurt his wrist I think.

It said he played DB as well.

Southern Bison
December 27th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Mom got your laundry done yet, Southerner?

You're going to get slapped upside of your head when real life starts.

Meanwhile, keep believing that you have a better QB than someone who's been placed twice in the 1st round in mock NFL drafts...or that that Lib Arts degree will get you a real job.

JSUSoutherner
December 27th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Mom got your laundry done yet, Southerner?

You're going to get slapped upside of your head when real life starts.

Meanwhile, keep believing that you have a better QB than someone who's been placed twice in the 1st round in mock NFL drafts...or that that Lib Arts degree will get you a real job.

I live on my own and pay for all my own things. I'm pretty much in real life. Unless there's another level of getting screwed by landlords that I haven't seen yet.

Key word: Mock drafts. Mock. As in not official.

Engineering degree. The average salary in my field of study was $104,000 in 2014. I'll be ok.

Southern Bison
December 27th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Engineering...good for you. Your posts here are more theoretical vs. your area of study.

Oh, and you haven't been screwed yet...just wait.

JSUSoutherner
December 27th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Oh, and you haven't been screwed yet...just wait.

Oh boy. Sounds fun.

dewey
December 27th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Engineering degree. The average salary in my field of study was $104,000 in 2014. I'll be ok.

What field of engineering are you studying? I am a structural engineer. When do you graduate?

Is anyone on here staying at the La Quinta Inn in McKinney?

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
December 27th, 2015, 10:07 PM
What field of engineering are you studying? I am a structural engineer. When do you graduate?

Dewey

Currently, aerospace, I still have a ways to go until graduation. Hopefully it will be by 2018. I have one more year at JSU then I will have to transfer to Auburn to finish my degree. I'm hoping to work on avionics and flight systems.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2015, 10:09 PM

Dewey

Stayed there last year. Not bad. easy on/off.

Biggest problem for me was it was a little far from the entertainment center in Frisco. I'd stay there with my family but with my friends, I wanted a place a little shorter Uber ride away.

dewey
December 27th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Currently, aerospace, I still have a ways to go until graduation. Hopefully it will be by 2018. I have one more year at JSU then I will have to transfer to Auburn to finish my degree. I'm hoping to work on avionics and flight systems.

Good luck with your degree.

Dewey

dewey
December 27th, 2015, 10:15 PM
Stayed there last year. Not bad. easy on/off.

Biggest problem for me was it was a little far from the entertainment center in Frisco. I'd stay there with my family but with my friends, I wanted a place a little shorter Uber ride away.

I have stayed there the last 4 years. We always walked over to Boston's and got drunk there then walked back. Nice and easy drive to the stadium.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
December 27th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Good luck with your degree.

Dewey

Thanks, I'll take as much luck as I can get as this point. Lol

Cocky
December 28th, 2015, 07:23 AM

Dewey

Sound like everyone are Holiday Inn Express customers.

KPSUL
December 28th, 2015, 01:35 PM

Journey's Don't Stop Believing ?
Bad Choice Bison fans. That's the song playing when all went black for Tony Soprano!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Journey's Don't Stop Believing ?
Bad Choice Bison fans. That's the song playing when all went black for Tony Saprano!

Ugh. I hate song parodies. We had one back in 1990 when we played IUP in the DII championship, the memory of which is still stuck in my head. It was some corny 80's song sung by local radio guy and our current PA announcer, Dan Michaels.

Anyone remember that one?

Professor Chaos
December 28th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Ugh. I hate song parodies. We had one back in 1990 when we played IUP in the DII championship, the memory of which is still stuck in my head. It was some corny 80's song sung by local radio guy and our current PA announcer, Dan Michaels.

Anyone remember that one?
Yeah, not a fan of that either. I don't remember that one but last year that had Dan Michaels doing an awful Davey Crockett song parody for John Crockett.

Of course nothing NDSU has ever done comes close to this in cringe-worthiness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnIQbIddYA

NDSUFREAK
December 28th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Not a parody but an all time class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

wapiti
December 28th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Could a poll asking who you pick to win be added to this thread?
thanks

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Could a poll asking who you pick to win be added to this thread?
thanks

can pee in the butt be one of the choices? As long as we're asking.

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 03:57 PM
can pee in the butt be one of the choices? As long as we're asking.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/28/5eff411d2a139289858b105557f0fdf9.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2015, 04:24 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/28/5eff411d2a139289858b105557f0fdf9.jpg

Newbs don't get inside jokes. that's cool.

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2015, 08:02 PM
I live on my own and pay for all my own things. I'm pretty much in real life. Unless there's another level of getting screwed by landlords that I haven't seen yet.

what day is your rent due? are you paying it?

its a two way street between landlord and tenant ...... I'm actually starting to suspect the Gov of Puerto Rico is renting my house.....

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 08:02 PM
what day is your rent due? are you paying it?

its a two way street between landlord and tenant ...... I'm actually starting to suspect the Gov of Puerto Rico is renting my house.....

First of the month, and yes. In advance.

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2015, 08:09 PM
First of the month, and yes. In advance.

why in advance? are people lining up at the landlords door begging to sign a lease?

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 08:10 PM
why in advance? are people lining up at the landlords door begging to sign a lease?

No, just because I can and it means I have one less thing to worry about. Plus, it gives me time to react if something gets messed up.

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2015, 08:20 PM

Alright JSU, I don't know if this question applies to your degree or not, but here goes

Your the pilot and your flying over open ocean due west on the equator, the sun is setting and the bottom rung of the sun appears to be resting on the visible horizon, how fast does the plane need to fly to keep the sun in the same relative position?

just a basic math question, not looking to hear all the scientific bull that might complicate the answer.... haha

jsualumnus
December 28th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Alright JSU, I don't know if this question applies to your degree or not, but here goes

Your the pilot and your flying over open ocean due west on the equator, the sun is setting and the bottom rung of the sun appears to be resting on the visible horizon, how fast does the plane need to fly to keep the sun in the same relative position?

just a basic math question, not looking to hear all the scientific bull that might complicate the answer.... haha

As fast as it would take for me to suck a beer through a tube directly out of a bag...

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 08:34 PM

You're*

Depends on the time of year. Assuming I'm flying during the equinox I would have to maintain a speed of roughly 1037.5 mph to maintain the same relative position. I think. I didn't double check.

No_Skill
December 28th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Circumference of the earth divided by 24 hours.

A variable is altitude. Time of year does not matter.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/28/article-2546864-1B07A3AB00000578-149_634x365.jpg

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2015, 08:51 PM
You're*

Depends on the time of year. Assuming I'm flying during the equinox I would have to maintain a speed of roughly 1037.5 mph to maintain the same relative position. I think. I didn't double check.

I see, so I can assume the circumference of the earth is 24900 miles (not nautical miles mind you)?
the equinox? meaning the first day of fall or first day of spring? I see, hmmm, so for today I guess the sun would be down near the tropic of Capricorn or about 23 degrees to the left of due west...... how would you figure what direction to fly if you wanted to keep the Sun on the same spot on the visible horizon?

haha, Don't let anyone tell you I know the answers to these questions now

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Circumference of the earth divided by 24 hours.

A variable is altitude. Time of year does not matter.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/28/article-2546864-1B07A3AB00000578-149_634x365.jpg

Actually, time of year does matter, depending on the time of year the sun will move off to your left or your right depending on the season. Thus, moving in relative location. It will stay on the horizon but its position on the horizon will change. The only time the sun would appear directly in front of you is on the Equinox and even then it's still moving relatively. Altitude also matters. I didn't take it into account in my answer. My answer is speed at sea level since altitude was not specified.

CockyGeek
December 28th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Newbs don't get inside jokes. that's cool.
I love inside jokes. I hope to be a part of one someday.

Cocky
December 28th, 2015, 09:05 PM
I love inside jokes. I hope to be a part of one someday.

I try to stay outside in a deer stand or some kind of outdoor activity most of the time, so I cant help you with inside jokes.

Cocky
December 28th, 2015, 09:08 PM
I see, so I can assume the circumference of the earth is 24900 miles (not nautical miles mind you)?
the equinox? meaning the first day of fall or first day of spring? I see, hmmm, so for today I guess the sun would be down near the tropic of Capricorn or about 23 degrees to the left of due west...... how would you figure what direction to fly if you wanted to keep the Sun on the same spot on the visible horizon?

haha, Don't let anyone tell you I know the answers to these questions now

Can you answer a question for me? Does a fly fly upside down to land on the ceiling or does it flip at the time it reaches the ceiling?

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2015, 09:10 PM
JSU fans should thank me for setting up JSUSoutherner for some intellectual flexing...... Bison fans are stunned right now, were not taking about private parts doodoo and peepee....... enjoy the silence while it lasts

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Can you answer a question for me? Does a fly fly upside down to land on the ceiling or does it flip at the time it reaches the ceiling?

I ask the questions Cocky but if depends what hemisphere the fly is in and what species of fly your talking about, not all flies fly the same

Cocky
December 28th, 2015, 09:17 PM
I ask the questions Cocky but if depends what hemisphere the fly is in and what species of fly your talking about, not all flies fly the same
Dang, doesnt help me much. Its just an question I had as a kid and still havent gotten a good answer.

I dont know the answer but if someone has studied fly let me know.

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Dang, doesnt help me much. Its just an question I had as a kid and still havent gotten a good answer.

What happens is that as the fly approaches the ceiling, flying normally, it extends its forelegs above its head and grabs the ceiling with its front feet. It then uses its momentum to swing the rest of its body up until all its legs are firmly attached to the ceiling.

No_Skill
December 28th, 2015, 09:26 PM

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/102341474-house-fly-landing-on-ceiling-sussex-england-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=YcNSrGytYpw7jP3bzjHJowO3NNik4VmEzCKWwvcAuWg8rR6V 6%2F9GrqG5IBZXkBMa

Next

Bisonwinagn
December 28th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Does a bear **** in the woods?

No_Skill
December 28th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Actually, time of year does matter, depending on the time of year the sun will move off to your left or your right depending on the season. Thus, moving in relative location. It will stay on the horizon but its position on the horizon will change. The only time the sun would appear directly in front of you is on the Equinox and even then it's still moving relatively. Altitude also matters. I didn't take it into account in my answer. My answer is speed at sea level since altitude was not specified.

The earth's rotation does not vary with the seasons. If your course stays over the equator your speed needed to match that speed would not vary with the seasons either.

Cocky
December 28th, 2015, 09:35 PM
I should have asked when I first joined AGS. Thanks

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 09:36 PM
The earth's rotation does not vary with the seasons. If your course stays over the equator your speed needed to match that speed would not vary with the seasons either.

The rotation doesn't vary, no. The speed doesn't change, no. However if you only follow the equator the sun will shift from left to right and back over the course of the year. The sun's left to right position on the horizon relative to your view on the equator is constantly changing, albeit a slow change.

Does a bear **** in the woods?
Not if you leave it at the bottom of the ocean.

No_Skill
December 28th, 2015, 09:42 PM
The rotation doesn't vary, no. The speed doesn't change, no. However if you only follow the equator the sun will shift from left to right and back over the course of the year. The sun's left to right position on the horizon relative to your view on the equator is constantly changing, albeit a slow change.

Not if you leave it at the bottom of the ocean.

What kind of timescale are you dealing with?

jsualumnus
December 28th, 2015, 09:43 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22078&stc=1

No_Skill
December 28th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Yeah like I said...altitude is a variable. ;)

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 09:48 PM
What kind of timescale are you dealing with?

Unspecified. Regardless, if you're following the equator the sun will always be slowly changing its position on the horizon. Slow enough that you can't see it. However, it is moving.

I think we have reached maximum thread drift.

No_Skill
December 28th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Unspecified. Regardless, if your following the equator the sun will always be slowly changing its position on the horizon. Slow enough that you can't see it. However, it is moving.

*You're

But it still has nothing to do with the speed you need to travel at any given point in time to match the rotation at the equator. You'd need to be flying for a full year and do a time lapse to see the sun go from one extreme to the other and back. We might as well factor in the fact that the moon is slowly creeping away from the earth causing the rotation of the earth to slow down.

JSUSoutherner
December 28th, 2015, 10:06 PM
*You're

Crap, now I feel like a hypocrite.

dewey
December 28th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Crap, now I feel like a hypocrite.

Engineer not English teacherxthumbsupx

Dewey

Professor Chaos
December 28th, 2015, 11:34 PM
The correct answer would be "the yaw".

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/guyspeed.com/files/2012/07/south-park-tmi1.jpg

JSU fans should thank me for setting up JSUSoutherner for some intellectual flexing...... Bison fans are stunned right now, were not taking about private parts doodoo and peepee....... enjoy the silence while it lasts
Now we're back to talking about peepees.... bout damn time.

Cocky
December 29th, 2015, 07:15 AM
I would hire a pilot and sit back and drink.

JSUSoutherner
December 29th, 2015, 07:39 AM
What conference will the refs be from?

Professor Chaos
December 29th, 2015, 09:46 AM
What conference will the refs be from?
CAA

dewey
December 29th, 2015, 10:01 AM
I would hire a pilot and sit back and drink.

Hell yeah!

Dewey

jmufan999
December 30th, 2015, 08:01 AM
CAA

yikes.

we had TWO SEPARATE games this year where they reviewed a play after the next play was FULLY completed. meaning, a whistle on the second play to stop it, then go back and review TWO PLAYS AGO.

that happened twice. two different games, two different crews. I had never seen that before (and it's obviously illegal). soo..... good luck!

JSUSoutherner
December 30th, 2015, 08:04 AM
yikes.

we had TWO SEPARATE games this year where they reviewed a play after the next play was FULLY completed. meaning, a whistle on the second play to stop it, then go back and review TWO PLAYS AGO.

that happened twice. two different games, two different crews. I had never seen that before (and it's obviously illegal). soo..... good luck!
You sure they weren't ACC refs?

Professor Chaos
December 30th, 2015, 08:08 AM
yikes.

Well, the last playoff game NDSU had CAA referees (last year against SDSU) it was the worst officiated game I'd ever seen. I can only hope this crew isn't as overmatched as that one. CAA crews have already done the Dayton/WIU and Chuck South/Citadel games this year in the playoffs and I haven't heard of any egregious mis-steps do perhaps there's hope.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2015, 09:41 AM
yikes.

That happened at Montana a few years ago, anyone remember that?

JSUSoutherner
December 30th, 2015, 09:43 AM
That happened at Montana a few years ago, anyone remember that?

Too bad they didn't do it at Auburn so they could get that BS missed holding call. 😒

CockyGeek
December 30th, 2015, 11:14 AM
You can't review penalties anyway

JSUSoutherner
December 30th, 2015, 11:23 AM

You can't review things from two plus ago either. Let a boy dream.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2015, 11:25 AM

Sure you can. The aforementioned CAA refs waved off a PI call because the ball was "tipped at the line" in our game against SDSU last year. They went to review it and realized they were smoking crack and the ball was about 8 feet over the head of the defender so PI was reinstated.

But yes, you cannot review a holding call.

gumby013
December 30th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Sure you can. The aforementioned CAA refs waved off a PI call because the ball was "tipped at the line" in our game against SDSU last year. They went to review it and realized they were smoking crack and the ball was about 8 feet over the head of the defender so PI was reinstated.

But yes, you cannot review a holding call.

Longest fingernails ever.

http://i.imgur.com/R1qGOzq.jpg

Bisonator
December 30th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Gawd I hope it isn't the same crew for the Championship!

IBleedYellow
December 31st, 2015, 08:10 AM
Longest fingernails ever.

http://i.imgur.com/R1qGOzq.jpg

"Tipped pass, there is no foul for PI."

dewey
December 31st, 2015, 10:18 AM
10 days until the FCS Championship game yesterday December 30th.

9 days until the FCS Championship game today December 31st.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153874441164532&substory_index=0&id=7791099531&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10153874441164532%3Atl_obji d.10153874441164532&__tn__=%2As

Bison Football - Top Ten Moments of 2015

We're 9 days until the Bison kickoff against Jacksonville State in the NCAA Division I National Championship game. To help count down the days, we'll release the top 10 moments in Bison Football from this season. Here's number 9!

9. Stick starts playoffs with a bang!*

The Herd faced a Montana team in the 2nd Round of the NCAA playoffs that had won four straight games and was averaging 42 points per contest heading into a rematch with NDSU.

Many pundits proclaimed the Griz as the hottest team in the country. The Bison had other ideas and quickly established that the road to Frisco runs through Fargo. Easton Stick ran through the Montana defense for a 49 yard Bison touchdown on the game’s third play to spark a 37-6 win over the Grizzlies. The touchdown was the beginning of a 24-0 Bison run over the Griz.

2016 NCAA Division I Championship Game - NDSU vs. Jacksonville State - Saturday, January 9th at 11am CT - ESPN2

Dewey

Schism55
December 31st, 2015, 12:44 PM
"Tipped pass, there is no foul for PI."
Impressive vertical of 0.5 inches by that LB :D

dewey
December 31st, 2015, 12:51 PM
Impressive vertical of 0.5 inches by that LB :D

Well he is from SDSU so he can't be that good:D

Dewey

Gil Dobie
January 1st, 2016, 08:15 AM
So far in the playoffs, Montana had a 24 point game against SDSU, 6 against NDSU. UNI 53, 29 point games, and 13 against NDSU. Richmond 48, 39 point games and 7 against NDSU.

Chatty 50 point game, 35 against JSU. Chuck South 14 point game and 38 against JSU. Sam 42, 34 and 48 point games and 10 against JSU.

NDSU opponents scored 6, 13 and 7 points
JSU opponents scored 35, 38 and 10 points

I see JSU defensive speed getting an Int and scoring 27 points
NDSU grinding offense gets 33 points.

dewey
January 1st, 2016, 01:53 PM
8 days until the FCS National Championship game.

https://m.facebook.com/NDBison/photos/a.214525824531.164571.7791099531/10153877002649532/?type=3&source=48&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10153877002649532%3Atl_obji d.10153877002649532&__tn__=E

Bison Football - Top Ten Moments of 2015

We're 8 days until the Bison kickoff against Jacksonville State in the NCAA Division I National Championship game. To help count down the days, we'll release the top 10 moments in Bison Football from this season. Here's number 8!

8) Fighting Hawks Grounded!
In the team’s first meeting since 2003, the Bison were dominant against their neighbors to the north, posting a 34-9 win over the North Dakota Fighting Hawks at Gate City Bank Field on September 19th.*

RJ Urzendowski hauled in five catches for 88 yards and two touchdowns and the Bison defense held the Fighting Hawks to 61 yards offense and without a first down until late in the third quarter.

2016 NCAA Division I Championship Game - NDSU vs. Jacksonville State - Saturday, January 9th at 11am CT - ESPN2

Championship Week is powered by Gate City Bank, Sanford Health and Scheels

Go Bison!

Dewey

Southern Bison
January 1st, 2016, 05:13 PM
Damn...the crickets have arrived on this thread.

Catsfan90
January 2nd, 2016, 07:00 PM
Damn...the crickets have arrived on this thread.

I think everyone's taking a break for the holidays. I expect it to pick back up this week.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 3rd, 2016, 01:39 PM
Instead of smack talk, lets all do something good. Use the link to find out how.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36583-Bison-Nation-helping-Texas-tornado-relief-with-donations!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2016, 01:47 PM
Instead of smack talk, lets all do something good. Use the link to find out how.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36583-Bison-Nation-helping-Texas-tornado-relief-with-donations!!!

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-03/26/19/imagebuzz/webdr05/anigif_optimized-29941-1427413465-1.gif

Green1
January 3rd, 2016, 06:44 PM
Dewey- What happened to the count down?

Are you ok, bro?

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Here's something interesting I never realized before. This article (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14500203/clemson-tigers-less-practice-alabama-crimson-tide) from ESPN talks about how Alabama will have no limit on practice time leading up to the January 11th CFP title game since their spring semester doesn't start until 1/13. However, Clemson's spring semester starts this Wednesday (1/6) and starting then they'll have to adhere to the NCAA regulated 4 hours per day (20 hours per week) limit on practice time.

So that got me looking at the NDSU and JSU spring semester schedules since I'd assume they'd also have the same restrictions in place once their spring semester starts and I found that NDSU's spring semester (http://www.ndus.edu/uploads/resources/6172/academic-calendars-2015-16-to-2018-19-new.pdf) starts next Monday (1/11) and JSU's spring semester (http://www.jsu.edu/registrar/academic-calendar/) starts Wednesday (1/6) just like Clemson's. Does it make much of a difference? Probably not especially since I believe the teams travel to Frisco on Wednesday and there's a bunch of events put on by the NCAA that they have to attend that makes getting any meaningful practice difficult to do with the other events. However, NDSU's coaching staff will have the advantage of having as much time as they want Wednesday-Friday to devote to practice/prep with the players whereas JSU's coaching staff will not.

CockyGeek
January 4th, 2016, 12:05 PM
JSU has a two hour practice scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday and then a walkthrough on Friday. I don't think the NCAA will be breathing down anyone's neck over practices.

BisonFan02
January 4th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Carson Wentz not listed on 2-deep for the natty during today's press conference....take that for what its worth.

centennial
January 4th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Carson Wentz not listed on 2-deep for the natty during today's press conference....take that for what its worth.

It's not like we can't dress him up. If he was throwing the ball 4 weeks ago. He should be okay to play.

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I take that for very little. Here was the depth chart they released the Monday after the USD game that Wentz broke his wrist in: https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/656151474594967552

BisonFan02
January 4th, 2016, 01:32 PM
It's not like we can't dress him up. If he was throwing the ball 4 weeks ago. He should be okay to play.

Yeah, I take that for very little. Here was the depth chart they released the Monday after the USD game that Wentz broke his wrist in: https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/656151474594967552

Like I said....take it for what its worth. xlolx

F'N Hawks
January 4th, 2016, 01:36 PM

Playing catch with buddies before and after practice doesn't mean he was practicing, as many on here keep thinking he has been doing. He wasn't even medically cleared to play before the Richmond game, yet the NDSU media kept going with the narrative that he might play, each and every week of the playoffs.

TennBison
January 4th, 2016, 01:40 PM
No need, coach K isn't going to say anything about about Wentz right up until game time, unless his doctor visit says there is no way he is going to play. Which at that point I do believe NDSU would be required to say that is the case. But otherwise look for it to be a decision that will not be announced until the last possible second.

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Playing catch with buddies before and after practice doesn't mean he was practicing, as many on here keep thinking he has been doing. He wasn't even medically cleared to play before the Richmond game, yet the NDSU media kept going with the narrative that he might play, each and every week of the playoffs.
It wasn't the Fargo or NDSU media that was perpetuating the narrative that Wentz might've played in the quarterfinals or semifinals it was Klieman showing some gamesmanship in his press conferences by saying ambiguous things like "we'll progress Carson in practice" and refusing to say whether he'd play or not. He never mentioned that Carson hadn't been cleared to play until after the semifinal was over. We as Bison fans have speculated back and forth to no end about what those press conference comments meant and what they should mean.

The difference in the championship game from the quarters or semis is that you can now dress 15 extra players (the limit goes from 60 to 75). Klieman just said in his NCAA teleconference that they'll dress 3 QBs so if Carson doesn't dress than currently redshirting freshman QB James Hendricks will dress. This leads me to believe Carson will definitely dress but as to whether he'll start or play any significant snaps is anyone's guess. None of us will really know until game time on Saturday.

F'N Hawks
January 4th, 2016, 01:50 PM
It wasn't the Fargo or NDSU media that was perpetuating the narrative that Wentz might've played in the quarterfinals or semifinals it was Klieman showing some gamesmanship in his press conferences by saying ambiguous things like "we'll progress Carson in practice" and refusing to say whether he'd play or not. He never mentioned that Carson hadn't been cleared to play until after the semifinal was over. We as Bison fans have speculated back and forth to no end about what those press conference comments meant and what they should mean.

The difference in the championship game from the quarters or semis is that you can now dress 15 extra players (the limit goes from 60 to 75). Klieman just said in his NCAA teleconference that they'll dress 3 QBs so if Carson doesn't dress than currently redshirting freshman QB James Hendricks will dress. This leads me to believe Carson will definitely dress but as to whether he'll start or play any significant snaps is anyone's guess. None of us will really know until game time on Saturday.

Do you find it weird that nobody ever asked if he was actually cleared to play?

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Not really. It would've led to more gamesmanship in Klieman's answers anyway. I don't have any problem with how Klieman or the Fargo media handled it all. And I certainly don't think the media was conspiring to cloud up his true prospects of playing.

centennial
January 4th, 2016, 02:09 PM

It gives us an advantage that we have a good and a NFL talent QB. Different plays and style to prepare for both of them.

Bisonator
January 4th, 2016, 02:15 PM

Not at all. He was cleared to practice but no contact. He very well could have been cleared right before the game. Now he may have been cleared for contact right after the semi-finals, he may still not be cleared and or he could be cleared right before the game. Only the doctors and team know what's going down as practice is closed. Why would any coach tip their hand before the actual game if they don't have to?

My hope is Carson is cleared and will start the game. Would love nothing more then to see him take the field for the Bison one last time.

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2016, 02:37 PM
"We're preparing as if (Wentz) is playing" - John Grass on his NCAA teleconference today.

BisonFan02
January 4th, 2016, 03:07 PM
"We're preparing as if (Wentz) is playing" - John Grass on his NCAA teleconference today.

Might be a mistake. I think if Wentz genuinely had a doc appointment (type of appointment unknown) today, he hasn't been practicing full the past two weeks. At that point, Stick needs to play.

BisonFan02
January 4th, 2016, 03:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I09xW3E8Ghw

Klieman press conference today....I don't see Wentz playing. Call me crazy I guess.

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Might be a mistake. I think if Wentz genuinely had a doc appointment (type of appointment unknown) today, he hasn't been practicing full the past two weeks. At that point, Stick needs to play.
I'd probably agree with the limited information we have but Grass most likely has a little gamesmanship in that comment as well. I'm sure he's preparing his team for either and both Bison QBs.

BisonTru
January 4th, 2016, 03:52 PM

If Wentz is a full go after this appointment do you still give Stick the no. 1 reps? Do you split them? Or do you give them all to Wentz in hopes you can get him back into a grove to start?

This could be some of the questions the coaching staff is trying to answer right now. And I don't think it's an easy answer either way.

Bison56
January 4th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Even if Wentz can play you start Stick period, if Stick is not effective then you bring in Wentz.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 4th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Even if Wentz can play you start Stick period, if Stick is not effective then you bring in Wentz.

Seemed to work for the Broncos yesterday!

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2016, 04:32 PM
If Wentz is a full go after this appointment do you still give Stick the no. 1 reps? Do you split them? Or do you give them all to Wentz in hopes you can get him back into a grove to start?

This could be some of the questions the coaching staff is trying to answer right now. And I don't think it's an easy answer either way.
I'm not all that familiar with the medical process of coming back from something like this but just because Wentz has a doctor's appointment doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't medically cleared already correct? I know that with the NFL money awaiting him he is, or at least should be, extra careful. Couldn't it be possible this is a follow up appointment just to confirm that the stress he's put on his wrist over the last week hasn't caused any reason for concern? My point is you could read several different things into him having a doctor's appointment today and it doesn't have to be a bad thing for his prospects of playing.

BisonTru
January 4th, 2016, 04:40 PM
I'm not all that familiar with the medical process of coming back from something like this but just because Wentz has a doctor's appointment doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't medically cleared already correct? I know that with the NFL money awaiting him he is, or at least should be, extra careful. Couldn't it be possible this is a follow up appointment just to confirm that the stress he's put on his wrist over the last week hasn't caused any reason for concern? My point is you could read several different things into him having a doctor's appointment today and it doesn't have to be a bad thing for his prospects of playing.

Klieman stated Wentz has been practicing on a limited basis. That may be a little white lie and Wentz may have been full go a week ago and this is just a follow up. We aren't going to find out how limited or unlimited Wentz has been till the post game press conference. My question is (hypothetical as hell) if today is the first day Wentz is 100% cleared for contact, how many reps do you donate to Wentz vs. Stick leading up to the game?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 4th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Maybe Wentz is on scout for the defense trying to replicate the passing game?

/notentirelypurple

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Klieman stated Wentz has been practicing on a limited basis. That may be a little white lie and Wentz may have been full go a week ago and this is just a follow up. We aren't going to find out how limited or unlimited Wentz has been till the post game press conference. My question is (hypothetical as hell) if today is the first day Wentz is 100% cleared for contact, how many reps do you donate to Wentz vs. Stick leading up to the game?
That's definitely a conundrum but a problem most coaches wouldn't mind having given the circumstances. I'd have to think if this was the first day Wentz is medically cleared that Stick certainly starts and likely plays the vast majority of snaps. If past years are any indication today and tomorrow are the last real days of game prep and Wednesday-Friday is mostly just fine tuning and trying to stay sharp with no pads and light practices so it would be tough to get everyone back in tune with Wentz with only two days of real practice. But how "limited" Wentz really is in practice is the big key there that nobody knows. Like you said, we'll all have to wait until Saturday to find out.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 4th, 2016, 04:53 PM
That's definitely a conundrum but a problem most coaches wouldn't mind having given the circumstances. I'd have to think if this was the first day Wentz is medically cleared that Stick certainly starts and likely plays the vast majority of snaps. If past years are any indication today and tomorrow are the last real days of game prep and Wednesday-Friday is mostly just fine tuning and trying to stay sharp with no pads and light practices so it would be tough to get everyone back in tune with Wentz with only two days of real practice. But how "limited" Wentz really is in practice is the big key there that nobody knows. Like you said, we'll all have to wait until Saturday to find out.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/0a0ad706f74d85a2d758e391f9487308/tumblr_inline_nz4sff2NKx1thftl8_400.jpg

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2016, 05:01 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/0a0ad706f74d85a2d758e391f9487308/tumblr_inline_nz4sff2NKx1thftl8_400.jpg
As long as the Manitowoc County (Wisconsin) Sherriff's Department isn't involved in divulging that information I think we'll find out in the post-game press conferences how limited Wentz was or was not in practices since the Richmond game.

Bisonator
January 4th, 2016, 05:13 PM
I would assume Wentz has been able to do pretty much everything except run plays. Passing and timing with receivers shouldn't be an issue.

BisonTru
January 4th, 2016, 05:42 PM
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-frisco-preview/

uni88
January 4th, 2016, 06:10 PM
"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Carson pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."