PDA

View Full Version : National Championship: NDSU vs Jacksonville State

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

CommishBigSmooth
December 20th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Well we held them to negative yards until we let the scouts out to play, so not bad. You guys held Missouri state under 100 yards, right?

You held Austin Peay off the scoreboard, right?

NoDak 4 Ever
An all-American with a 4.0 in grad school is a mercenary? News to me.

FBS transfers are, by and large, pretty much one of two things.

Not good enough to cut it

Too much trouble to stick around.

JSUSoutherner
Serious question for you. I know it's gonna be hard to take it serious but please try to be honest with your answer. What do you think JSU's record would have been if they had played the MVFC conference schedule this year? Let's just say you played your same OOC schedule and a MVFC conference schedule excluding NDSU.

Same as right now. It's not like we were struggling in the OVC. We proved in the playoffs we can handle strong teams. I think we would have kept the Auburn loss and ran the rest of the table.

centennial
December 20th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Relax with the transfer stuff. Different teams do things different ways. NDSU takes transfers when they think it is appropriate, JSU does the same (just differing views on when it makes sense). Can it hurt a team in the long run, quite possibly, but that doesn't mean teams are wrong to try winning that way.
Let me ask you. What if NDSU decides to take 15 Big 10, Big 12 transfers? Let's say on our secondary, and some backup lineman. Do you think it would make a difference?

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Same as right now. It's not like we were struggling in the OVC. We proved in the playoffs we can handle strong teams. I think we would have kept the Auburn loss and ran the rest of the table.
And I know you are wrong.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Bisonator
December 20th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Not struggling in the OVC is way different then running the MVFC.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Let me ask you. What if NDSU decides to take 15 Big 10, Big 12 transfers? Let's say on our secondary, and some backup lineman. Do you think it would make a difference?

No, it doesn't matter where you played before you transferred. It matters how you play after you get there. Most of our transfers don't see the field unless we're blowing teams out.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Not struggling in the OVC is way different then running the MVFC.

Well even ISUr struggled in their OVC encounter. The only one in the MVFC that would have had a shot at us is UNI.

centennial
No, it doesn't matter where you played before you transferred. It matters how you play after you get there. Most of our transfers don't see the field unless we're blowing teams out.
Keep telling your self that.

Bisonator
We have players on the team that could be B1G or B12 players. I don't get why some of you guys get so hung up on the transfer thing. If that's what other teams want to do so be it. WTF does it matter to Bison fans?

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Well even ISUr struggled in their OVC encounter. The only one in the MVFC that would have had a shot at us is UNI.
I guarantee you would have lost to either ISUr, UNI, or SDSU. Most likely 2 of em. And possibly all 3.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Keep telling your self that.
And you keep telling yourself our offense is one of the best because they run one player from USF that sat out 7 games.

I guarantee you would have lost to either ISUr, UNI, or SDSU. Most likely 2 of em. And possibly all 3.

You're right, what am I thinking? Our only win would have been a close one with Missouri State and MAYBE if we were really really luck we would have beat USD.

We wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

SUPharmacist
December 20th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Let me ask you. What if NDSU decides to take 10 Big 10, Big 12 transfers? Let's say on our secondary, and some backup lineman. Do you think it would make a difference?

You are correct, I would not want NDSU to run their program that way. Currently we are in a great position where we do not have to make that choice. But, if you have a struggling program you may not have enough time for coaches to get that culture in place before getting canned. If I am trying to get a season or two of relevancy to get the house in order it may make sense. Is it unfair to the players who came into the program from the get go? It certainly is, but they can bust their butts and keep a spot over a transfer. Their is always the risk of an underclassmen coming in and taking a spot anyway. If a team takes a thoughtful approach their are some high character guys transferring down. The problem is too many teams do this excessively and disrupt their recruiting, or take individuals with problems off the field. Does it make any difference to me if the team NDSU loses too 'does it the right way,' nope. They lost it happens, regardless of who they lose to, learn from it.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Well even ISUr struggled in their OVC encounter. The only one in the MVFC that would have had a shot at us is UNI. You guys struggled with UTC twice but would roll thru the MVFC? Yeah OK.xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 06:43 PM
You guys struggled with UTC twice but would roll thru the MVFC? Yeah OK.xlolx
Well you guys struggled with YSU and rolled the MVFC. So there's that.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 06:43 PM
JSU will take any transfer they can.

Two words: Max Shortell.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2015, 06:47 PM
And you keep telling yourself our offense is one of the best because they run one player from USF that sat out 7 games.

You're right, what am I thinking? Our only win would have been a close one with Missouri State and MAYBE if we were really really luck we would have beat USD.

I'm glad you understand now :):)

Bisonator
December 20th, 2015, 07:01 PM

Doubtful, you maybe have a chance in a shootout with SIU but no way you beat USD even with Luck. :D

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Doubtful, you maybe have a chance in a shootout with SIU but no way you beat USD even with Luck. :D

Good thing we aren't playing USD in Frisco.

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 07:06 PM
But they did lose to Auburn, hard to top that.

bisonguy
December 20th, 2015, 07:07 PM

Which was the strongest team you faced in the playoffs, the team with the 34th, 39th, or 72nd ranked scoring defense?

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Which was the strongest team you faced in the playoffs, the team with the 34th, 39th, or 72nd ranked scoring defense?

Which was the strongest team you faced in the playoffs, the team with the 26th, 51st, or 57th ranked total defense?

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Another thing I'll say is that if its as cold as it was last year we may have some JSU folks get hypothermia. Even us North Dakotans were flippin' cold. Game time temp was in the low 30s under cloudy skies and a decent breeze.

Normally in early January the DFW area gets into the low 50s and its even gotten above 60 when I've been down there over championship weekend. Hopefully we're due for better weather this year.

Every chipper has been cold and windy. Last year was REALLY chilly.

bisonguy
December 20th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Which was the strongest team you faced in the playoffs, the team with the 26th, 51st, or 57th ranked total defense?

Scoring defense is kinda the stat you want to track, cuz ya know, that's the one directly reflected on the scoreboard. Total offense and total defense are composite stats that are participation ribbons.

Again, you didn't face a team that was in the top 30 from keeping other teams from scoring. That's not exactly facing top defenses and especially not facing team with defenses that are good at their primary objective.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Scoring defense is kinda the stat you want to track, cuz ya know, that's the one directly reflected on the scoreboard. Total offense and total defense are composite stats that are participation ribbons.

Again, you didn't face a team that was in the top 30 from keeping other teams from scoring. That's not exactly facing top defenses and especially not facing team with defenses that are good at their primary objective.

How about scoring offense? Cuz ya know, that's the one directly reflected on the scoreboard. Sammy was number 5 until we stomped their guts out and held them to 10. If we are going off the "scoring" stats that means JSU is the best offense and the second best defense that NDSU will have seen all year.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 08:11 PM
How about scoring offense? Cuz ya know, that's the one directly reflected on the scoreboard. Sammy was number 5 until we stomped their guts out and held them to 10. If we are going off the "scoring" stats that means JSU is the best offense and the second best defense that NDSU will have seen all year.

I remember having this same conversation in 2011.

bisonguy
December 20th, 2015, 08:15 PM

Sounds good. Guess we're the underdogs.

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 08:16 PM

It's deja vu

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Sounds good. Guess we're the underdogs.

Never said that. I'm just getting tired of people saying we have no chance. It's really obnoxious.

NDB
December 20th, 2015, 08:22 PM

This discussion would make a lot more sense if we'd played the same teams.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 08:24 PM
This discussion would make a lot more sense if we'd played the same teams.

We only need to wait 3 more weeks.

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Never said that. I'm just getting tired of people saying we have no chance. It's really obnoxious.

Really. Who said you have no chance.

Posters who give their opinion of who is going to win is just that, opinion. How is it obnoxious if this opinion differs from yours? This "no chance" thing exists only in your mind. Of coarse, JSU has a very good chance to win. That's why we play the game. Chill.

bisonguy
December 20th, 2015, 08:27 PM

No doubt. We're on our 5th consecutive year of hearing why we have no chance.

I'm looking forward to what should be a good game.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Really. Who said you have no chance.

Posters who give their opinion of who is going to win is just that, opinion. How is it obnoxious if this opinion differs from yours? This "no chance" thing exists only in your mind. Of coarse, JSU has a very good chance to win. That's why we play the game. Chill.

This guy for one, I could find another example but I'm too lazy to go back and search through threads.

No, there's a new gear that happens in the playoffs. The way we've been chewing up the teams so far, I don't think anyone has a chance against us. That's just an honest assessment.

I have accepted being the underdog role. I will not accept the "we have no chance" role.

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 08:41 PM
This guy for one, I could find another example but I'm too lazy to go back and search through threads.

I have accepted being the underdog role. I will not accept the "we have no chance" role.

I think you have lifted a commonly used metaphor and used it in a literal sense.

X-Factor
December 20th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Does anyone else think Southerner is going to single handedly fend off these big bad Bison fans for the next 3 weeks? Guy has to be winded by now and we haven't gotten more than a day into it. Someone FedEx him a new keyboard so he doesn't lose a day when his first one wears out!

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Does anyone else think Southerner is going to single handedly fend off these big bad Bison fans for the next 3 weeks? Guy has to be winded by now and we haven't gotten more than a day into it. Someone FedEx him a new keyboard so he doesn't lose a day when his first one wears out!

You DONOT want to be stuck in an elevator with that guy.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 08:47 PM

You REALLY don't want me to miss a day? Lol
;)

You DONOT want to be stuck in an elevator with that guy.

With as much spicy food that I eat I don't even want to be stuck in an elevator with me.

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 08:51 PM
I think you guys are giving him/her too much grief. He/she is full of school spirit, in an exciting time for his school. I think we can cut him/her a little slack. Seems to me there was some over the top Bison posters in the past.

DA BEAR
December 20th, 2015, 08:53 PM
about time we started getting serious!

chattownmocs
December 20th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I know NDSU has 4 straight national titles. You'd think they were undefeated over the last 5 years. No, you'd think they hadn't had a close game in 5 years.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 09:12 PM
I know NDSU has 4 straight national titles. You'd think they were undefeated over the last 5 years. No, you'd think they hadn't had a close game in 5 years.

Nah, only undefeated one of those years. The rest of them we were so ****ty we lost at least 1, one year even 2!

Playoffs, doe.

DaBizon
December 20th, 2015, 09:13 PM
AND 2012

AND 2013

AND 2014

it gets old

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Let's just put it this way. We don't ever worry about our team.

Things we worry about:

Getting a place to sit at Wild Pitch
Whether the drink vendors at our pepfest are going to have enough booze
Whether we can get tickets from the opponents' allocation

Things like that.

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 09:17 PM

Remind you of someone's preseason posts?xeyebrowx

gsf23nd
December 20th, 2015, 09:20 PM

Southerner, you have to understand something here. For the last 4 years, NDSU fans have been hearing the same thing from the opposing fan base before every title game and hell most playoff games. The Bison have never faced a QB this good, the Bison have never faced a running back this good, the Bison have never faced receivers this good, the Bison have never played against a team this fast, the Bison have never played against a secondary this good and every year the Bison find a way to win.

I don't think it has anything to do with disrespect or no one giving you a chance but more of we have heard this all before. I could go back and pull up posts from Sam Houston fans, Towson fans, Coastal Fans, Georgia Southern fans, Lehigh, New Hampshire, even Richmond last week, and it would all sound the same. You've only been hearing it from Bison fans for two days and you're already sick of it. Imagine hearing it every year from a different fan base for going on 5 years now.

I personally think JSU had a great year and was very deserving of the #1 seed, but I still think the Bison will win for the simple fact that no one has been able to stop them in the playoffs yet. If yours is the team to do it then I, along with numerous Bison fans, will be the first ones in line to congratulate your team.

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Well, I will do my part to change AGS history.

Congratulation JSU on a remarkable season. You have earned your stripes by beating all comers on your side of a true playoff bracket. Your #1 ranking was justified by your play. I look forward to my team (NDSU Bison) playing your team in the National Championship. I look forward to learning more about your team, your fans, and your tradition. Enjoy a well earned break over the holidays. Best of luck.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Southerner, you have to understand something here. For the last 4 years, NDSU fans have been hearing the same thing from the opposing fan base before every title game and hell most playoff games. The Bison have never faced a QB this good, the Bison have never faced a running back this good, the Bison have never faced receivers this good, the Bison have never played against a team this fast, the Bison have never played against a secondary this good and every year the Bison find a way to win.

I don't think it has anything to do with disrespect or no one giving you a chance but more of we have heard this all before. I could go back and pull up posts from Sam Houston fans, Towson fans, Coastal Fans, Georgia Southern fans, Lehigh, New Hampshire, even Richmond last week, and it would all sound the same. You've only been hearing it from Bison fans for two days and you're already sick of it. Imagine hearing it every year from a different fan base for going on 5 years now.

I personally think JSU had a great year and was very deserving of the #1 seed, but I still think the Bison will win for the simple fact that no one has been able to stop them in the playoffs yet. If yours is the team to do it then I, along with numerous Bison fans, will be the first ones in line to congratulate your team.
I understand what you're saying but given all the experience we have with it you'd think sooner or later our fans would learn that it's pointless to shout into the wind trying to convince the opposing fans their confidence in their own teams is misplaced.

JSU fans have every right to be confident about their teams chances as do we. That is usually the case in the title game after watching your team come out on top 3 straight weeks against playoff competition. That's why these games are so fun.

Let the blowhards on both sides shout into the wind trying to convince each other who's right and who's wrong is my theory. With 3 weeks between games they'll tucker themselves and each other out eventually and it won't make a bit of difference in the game anyway. Your effort is better spent elsewhere this time of year.

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2015, 09:37 PM

All I'm hearing is that NDSU didn't play anyone and doesn't stand a chance against the unstoppable JSU offense.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 09:38 PM

I really do think that we probably have one of the best QB's the Bison have faced in the past 4 years. But as has been said, players don't win games, teams do. It's why the Bison are as dominate as they are, they play as a team. They are definitely going to be JSU's biggest challenge, no doubt about it. I can imagine the smack gets old after that long though. It will be a great game in Frisco and I'm eager to experience the Bison GameDay I've heard so much about. I can't argue with the Bison fans predicting a Bison win. If I was part of the most powerful dynasty in FCS football I would feel pretty confident too. I definitely hope JSU can carry the momentum into Frisco.

Question: How healthy are the Bison going into Frisco? Will Wentz play?

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 09:53 PM
All I'm hearing is that NDSU didn't play anyone and doesn't stand a chance against the unstoppable JSU offense.
And all Im hearing is JSU is too fat, slow, out of shape and OVC pussies.

BisonTru
December 20th, 2015, 09:59 PM

Outside of Wentz we're pretty much 100%. No one will find out if Wentz is going to play till game day.

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 10:00 PM

And all Im hearing is JSU is too fat, slow, out of shape and OVC pussies.

I think you guys need your hearing checked! :)

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 10:01 PM
I really do think that we probably have one of the best QB's the Bison have faced in the past 4 years.[B] But as has been said, players don't win games, teams do. It's why the Bison are as dominate as they are, they play as a team. They are definitely going to be JSU's biggest challenge, no doubt about it. I can imagine the smack gets old after that long though. It will be a great game in Frisco and I'm eager to experience the Bison GameDay I've heard so much about. I can't argue with the Bison fans predicting a Bison win. If I was part of the most powerful dynasty in FCS football I would feel pretty confident too. I definitely hope JSU can carry the momentum into Frisco.

I agree he is a lot like the ISU QB, but better passer, my concern is letting him out of the pocket to make plays either throwing or running extending drives. Need to get pressure but keep him in the pocket. IMO that will be a key for the Bison D.

uni88
December 20th, 2015, 10:01 PM
I really do think that we probably have one of the best QB's the Bison have faced in the past 4 years. But as has been said, players don't win games, teams do. It's why the Bison are as dominate as they are, they play as a team. They are definitely going to be JSU's biggest challenge, no doubt about it. I can imagine the smack gets old after that long though. It will be a great game in Frisco and I'm eager to experience the Bison GameDay I've heard so much about. I can't argue with the Bison fans predicting a Bison win. If I was part of the most powerful dynasty in FCS football I would feel pretty confident too. I definitely hope JSU can carry the momentum into Frisco.

Tre Roberson was a very good QB in 2014. Marshaun Coprich, Terrance West and Tim Flanders were all great RBs. The Bison have faced and beaten some very good players. They've always had the better team on that day.

I've said it before but I think these are 2 well matched teams and it could go either way but I give the Bison the edge based on experience.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 10:05 PM
I agree, my concern is letting him out of the pocket to make plays either throwing or running extending drives. Need to get pressure but keep him in the pocket. IMO that will be a key for the Bison D.

I imagine we will have a game plan similar to Auburn and do quick passes to the outside with the occasional read option play to keep the Bison on their toes. I don't see us getting as many big gains against NDSU as we have in our past two games. Pressure on Eli will definitely be key for NDSU.

How is Stick under pressure?

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 10:10 PM
I imagine we will have a game plan similar to Auburn and do quick passes to the outside with the occasional read option play to keep the Bison on their toes. I don't see us getting as many big gains against NDSU as we have in our past two games. Pressure on Eli will definitely be key for NDSU.

TBH I would have to watch games again I can't recall him making a bad play under pressure because we have been running the ball a lot and the protection has been good. And most of the passes are quick short ones.

BisonFan02
December 20th, 2015, 10:11 PM
I think you guys need your hearing checked! :)

What? They're all deaf too? How is the crowd noise supposed to be a factor then? We're ****ed! xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 10:11 PM
What? They're all deaf too? How is the crowd noise supposed to be a factor then? We're ****ed! xlolx

We can still be entranced by the smell of Casey's pizza.

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 10:12 PM

Stick has excellent running ability. Under pressure I would expect him to try to break the pocket and rely on his running ability.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Stick has excellent running ability. Under pressure I would expect him to try to break the pocket and rely on his running ability.

He sounds a lot like Eli last year. He used to tuck and run a lot. Should be a good match up.

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 10:15 PM
We can still be entranced by the smell of Casey's pizza.

How has Casey's not become the sponsor of the FCS Championship Game? I doesn't seem right...

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 10:16 PM
How has Casey's not become the sponsor of the FCS Championship Game? I doesn't seem right...

Is there a Casey's in Frisco?

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Why does someone always have to bring up Casey's pizza now I'm hungry and it's too late to get some :(

clenz
December 20th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Why does someone always have to bring up Casey's pizza now I'm hungry and it's too late to get some :(

You need a better Caseys

Bison56
December 20th, 2015, 10:22 PM
You need a better Caseys
Is there such a thing? Maybe I just need to stay up later:)

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2015, 10:28 PM
I just tried to get pizza but my only option now is Domino's and I would rather die

The Grass is greener in Jacksonville

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Checotoh, OK is the nearest Casey's to Frisco (176.7 miles).

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 10:29 PM
I just tried to get pizza but my only option now is Domino's and I would rather die

Finally, something NDSU and JSU fans can agree on.

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Is there a Casey's in Frisco?
NO but In N Out is in the Dallas area.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Checotoh, OK is the nearest Casey's to Frisco (176.7 miles).

I drove through there on my way home last year

Da Herd
December 20th, 2015, 10:33 PM
"put it on the board in the locker room for motivation"..

http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/mark-edwards-after-big-semifinal-win-jax-state-ready-to/article_e5ccc9fe-a6c4-11e5-bc2b-6328cc770f22.html

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 10:36 PM
NO but In N Out is in the Dallas area.

Oh no. You didn't....

The annual In-N-Out vs. Whataburger post-off. It gets old. Especially when everyone knows it's Whataburger. :D

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Umm, Five Guys?

swaghook
December 20th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Oh no. You didn't....

The annual In-N-Out vs. Whataburger post-off. It gets old. Especially when everyone knows it's Whataburger. :D

For those road tripping down from ND Tuckers is a must stop in OKC. Awesome burgers.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Oh no. You didn't....

Bone Daddy's destroys them both... except it's usually a 1 hour wait minimum when the Bison are in town.

Cocky
Oh no. You didn't....

We have Whataburger in Alabama.

Green1
Umm, Five Guys?

I like their burgers but what is up with the greasy bag of fries? It's like the Exxon Valdez but with a plain brown wrapper!

ming01
December 20th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Question for Bison fans: What do you think the final score would be this year in an Auburn-NDSU matchup?

24-13 Ndsu

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 10:42 PM
I like their burgers but what is up with the greasy bag of fries? It's like the Exxon Valdez but with a plain brown wrapper!

All the best engines run smoother with a little grease.

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Bone Daddy's destroys them both... except it's usually a 1 hour wait minimum when the Bison are in town.

I can not argue with this choice... xlovex

ming01
December 20th, 2015, 10:55 PM
I'm trying to figure out which national title of last four years this one will closely resemble. 2011 low scoring defensive battle. 2012/2013 blowouts. Or big plays and down to the wire of last season.

swaghook
December 20th, 2015, 11:07 PM

We went downtown Dallas last year to Pecan Lodge. Did not have to wait an hour but the food was great. http://www.pecanlodge.com/

http://www.pigskinpursuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Pecan-Lodge-1.jpeg.jpg (http://www.pecanlodge.com/)

Green1
December 20th, 2015, 11:11 PM
We went downtown Dallas last year to Pecan Lodge. Did not have to wait an hour but the food was great. http://www.pecanlodge.com/

(http://www.pecanlodge.com/)

Yikes! That's awesome! Can't believe we were talking pizza and burgers!

FargoBison
December 20th, 2015, 11:56 PM

http://www.pigskinpursuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Pecan-Lodge-1.jpeg.jpg (http://www.pecanlodge.com/)

Yeah, this is the correct answer if you are talking food, and especially BBQ in Dallas.

McNeese72
December 21st, 2015, 07:40 AM
I get the feeling that this is going to be a very long three weeks. ;)

Doc

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2015, 08:00 AM
I get the feeling that this is going to be a very long three weeks. ;)

Doc
It always is.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 08:01 AM

We got right in to the one in Plano after the game last year. The bloody mary hit the spot!

Even it you have to wait, the scenery is pretty nice.

Cocky
December 21st, 2015, 08:04 AM
We got right in to the one in Plano after the game last year. The bloody mary hit the spot!

Even it you have to wait, the scenery is pretty nice.
Will they let us "you people" in?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 08:22 AM
Will they let us "you people" in?

Are you a band guy too? That would explain a lot.

Big_Fan
December 21st, 2015, 08:38 AM
Texas bbq... meh.

In the "Deep South" we have a saying...

"...if it ain't pig, it ain't Q"

...not that grilled beef can't be tasty, but after years of Memphis in May touring, give me pork.

UNIFanSince1983
December 21st, 2015, 08:40 AM
May as well not even play the game. Whoever updates this page on Wiki already penciled NDSU in as the champion...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_Football_Championship

Cocky
December 21st, 2015, 08:42 AM
Are you a band guy too? That would explain a lot.
No, never been in a band. But Im sure you make assumptions about them, too.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2015, 09:09 AM
May as well not even play the game. Whoever updates this page on Wiki already penciled NDSU in as the champion...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_Football_Championship

Nice try but if you look at the last column it lists Winning head coach. In the column its got TBD "To be determined"

UNIFanSince1983
December 21st, 2015, 09:17 AM
Nice try but if you look at the last column it lists Winning head coach. In the column its got TBD "To be determined"

But if you look at the columns that say Champion and Runner up they are filled in...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2015, 09:19 AM
What % of fans will be NDSU and JSU fans? Any guesses?

I'll say:

80% - NDSU
20% - JSU

jsualumnus
December 21st, 2015, 09:21 AM
So I create a login user ID over on Bisonville, and I'm not allowed to post or reply. Classy.... What a bunch of hacks as admins over there... I have no desire to talk crap, but I did want to join the conversation. Unless I'm missing something, please explain why you would allow someone to create a user ID and not post??? I don't get it, the couple Bison people on GoJaxState have brought good conversation. I'd like to do the same, unless those folks are so wrapped up in green and yellow they see blue.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 09:24 AM
So I create a login user ID over on Bisonville, and I'm not allowed to post or reply. Classy.... What a bunch of hacks as admins over there... I have no desire to talk crap, but I did want to join the conversation. Unless I'm missing something, please explain why you would allow someone to create a user ID and not post??? I don't get it, the couple Bison people on GoJaxState have brought good conversation. I'd like to do the same, unless those folks are so wrapped up in green and yellow they see blue.

You need to be approved by the admin. It's fairly pro forma but in this case you need to cool off a bit so it's probably a good thing.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 09:25 AM
But if you look at the columns that say Champion and Runner up they are filled in...

It's ****ing Wikipedia. Go change it if it bugs you so much.

THE HERD
December 21st, 2015, 09:30 AM
Where does Jax State rank in scoring D?? Oh and I'll throw in a vote for Bone Daddys!

jsualumnus
December 21st, 2015, 09:31 AM

i created it almost 4 days ago... I'm not mad... Just puzzled. I have a ton of respect for the program... It's the error message I got that made me think I was turned off... Hope I'm wrong... I

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 09:32 AM
i created it almost 4 days ago... I'm not mad... Just puzzled. I have a ton of respect for the program... It's the error message I got that made me think I was turned off... Hope I'm wrong... I

nobody is rejected. It's just one guy so be patient.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2015, 09:33 AM
Where does Jax State rank in scoring D?? Oh and I'll throw in a vote for Bone Daddys!

JSU is #12 in scoring defense: 18.7/game

NDSU is #6: 15.7/game

Total defense

JSU - 294.7/game
NDSU - 276.3/game

AmsterBison
December 21st, 2015, 09:35 AM

Well, I'm the admin over there and I prefer to think of myself as a slacker rather than a hack, thank you very much. :)

Final approval is a manual process and can take from 0 hours to As Many Hours As It Takes For Me To Go "CRAP, I FORGOT TO CHECK FOR NEW USERS!"

The reason for this process is the same as AGS - without it, the board gets overrun with robo-spammers.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 09:37 AM
Well, I'm the admin over there. Final approval is a manual process and can take from 0 hours to As Many Hours As It Takes For Me To Go "CRAP, I FORGOT TO CHECK FOR NEW USERS!"

The reason for this process is the same as AGS - without it, the board gets overrun with robo-spammers.

:) I was just about to PM you.

jsualumnus
December 21st, 2015, 09:44 AM
Thanks! Just wanted make sure I wasn't being banned before posting... It might help if the error message was changed, but you're in charge... I get the time deal...

NDB
December 21st, 2015, 09:47 AM

Finally Robotic Posters Rule Bisonville!

steelbison
December 21st, 2015, 09:47 AM
Well, I will do my part to change AGS history.

Congratulation JSU on a remarkable season. You have earned your stripes by beating all comers on your side of a true playoff bracket. Your #1 ranking was justified by your play. I look forward to my team (NDSU Bison) playing your team in the National Championship. I look forward to learning more about your team, your fans, and your tradition. Enjoy a well earned break over the holidays. Best of luck.

Totally agree! Looking forward to a great game against a new opp. This is what the playoffs are all about!!!!

I think you guys are giving him/her too much grief. He/she is full of school spirit, in an exciting time for his school. I think we can cut him/her a little slack. Seems to me there was some over the top Bison posters in the past.

CockyGeek
December 21st, 2015, 10:22 AM
I'm starting to like some Bison fans. Lord help me.

UNIFanSince1983
December 21st, 2015, 10:32 AM

There are a lot of good Bizon posters on here. That are normal and reasonable.

A few of the other ones though...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 10:33 AM
There are a lot of good Bizon posters on here. That are normal and reasonable.

A few of the other ones though...

no different than UNI posters. Now, ISUr posters are nearly the opposite.

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 11:16 AM

Why wouldn't you?

dewey
December 21st, 2015, 11:17 AM
An interesting article from Mark Edwards.

http://m.annistonstar.com/sports/mark-edwards-after-big-semifinal-win-jax-state-ready-to/article_e5ccc9fe-a6c4-11e5-bc2b-6328cc770f22.html?mode=jqm

Here is an excerpt.
We like blue-collar football here in the South, and JSU is about as blue collar as you can get. The Gamecocks want to run over you on offense until you're standing so close to the line that Eli Jenkins, the best quarterback in the FCS, can throw it over you. On defense, JSU gives up yards as grudgingly as a starving dog does a bone. They just wear you down.

It's worth noting that in North Dakota State's streak of national titles, the Bison haven't met a team in the finals from the Southeast until now.

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 11:18 AM

http://m.annistonstar.com/sports/mark-edwards-after-big-semifinal-win-jax-state-ready-to/article_e5ccc9fe-a6c4-11e5-bc2b-6328cc770f22.html?mode=jqm

Here is an excerpt.
We like blue-collar football here in the South, and JSU is about as blue collar as you can get. The Gamecocks want to run over you on offense until you're standing so close to the line that Eli Jenkins, the best quarterback in the FCS, can throw it over you. On defense, JSU gives up yards as grudgingly as a starving dog does a bone. They just wear you down.

It's worth noting that in North Dakota State's streak of national titles, the Bison haven't met a team in the finals from the Southeast until now.

Dewey

I said this on Twitter. That looks like a message board comment and not a column by a serious journalist.

dewey
December 21st, 2015, 11:22 AM
I said this on Twitter. That looks like a message board comment and not a column by a serious journalist.

By Mark Edwards, Sports Editor,

Dewey

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 11:24 AM

Here is an excerpt.

Dewey

I'm no genius, but that might have something to do with not being a very good team.xdontknowx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 11:33 AM
By Mark Edwards, Sports Editor,

Dewey

Exactly. Shouldn't be a fanboy.

Christiank22
December 21st, 2015, 12:06 PM
My favorite part was how he talks about "blue collar football" like we run an Oregon style offense lol. He must not be very informed on how NDSU plays. We are the definition of blue collar football

1992Bison
December 21st, 2015, 12:34 PM
So I create a login user ID over on Bisonville, and I'm not allowed to post or reply. Classy.... What a bunch of hacks as admins over there... I have no desire to talk crap, but I did want to join the conversation. Unless I'm missing something, please explain why you would allow someone to create a user ID and not post??? I don't get it, the couple Bison people on GoJaxState have brought good conversation. I'd like to do the same, unless those folks are so wrapped up in green and yellow they see blue.. Don't do it!

dewey
December 21st, 2015, 01:26 PM
It is sad to see NDSU fans on twitter making smart ass comments to JSU players.xsmhx

Sad....very sad. Simply said there are a-holes for every fan base.

Dewey

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 01:30 PM
It is sad to see NDSU fans on twitter making smart ass comments to JSU players.xsmhx

Dewey

Embarassing

dewey
December 21st, 2015, 01:37 PM
Embarassing

Someone posted a JSU players, I am not going to say who, tweet on the NDSU Media Blog comment section but then when I looked into he was responding to comments from an NDSU fan.

From one NDSU fan to JSU fans we are not all a-holes and it is completely embarrassing the way some NDSU, could be any fanbase actually, fans act.

Dewey

Southern Bison
December 21st, 2015, 01:40 PM
Texas bbq... meh.

In the "Deep South" we have a saying...

"...if it ain't pig, it ain't Q"

...not that grilled beef can't be tasty, but after years of Memphis in May touring, give me pork.
Amen!! Pulled Pork BBQ is the REAL bbq & QT pizza is better than Casey's

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Grizzlies82
December 21st, 2015, 01:47 PM
Amen!! Pulled Pork BBQ is the REAL bbq & QT pizza is better than Casey's

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Hell You Say!
You and the cocky "Big Fan" must be smoking crack or something.

Texas Beef Brisket is what God intended BBQ to be!

If you doubt me, just ask him (God that is, not "Big Fan").

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 01:50 PM
Someone posted a JSU players, I am not going to say who, tweet on the NDSU Media Blog comment section but then when I looked into he was responding to comments from an NDSU fan.

From one NDSU fan to JSU fans we are not all a-holes and it is completely embarrassing the way some NDSU, could be any fanbase actually, fans act.

Dewey

I believe that is a sports producer, not a student.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 01:56 PM

Dewey

Don't worry, it will just make them pissy and go to the weight room and drink a few glasses of raw eggs because they don't give a F'Hawk.

TwinCitiesBison
December 21st, 2015, 01:56 PM

Here is an excerpt.

Dewey

It also should be noted that he brought up the analogy of this game being akin to the movie Rocky. He must've forgotten that in the original movie, Rocky lost to the champ.

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 01:57 PM

Dewey

Both sides are ridiculous.

gumby013
December 21st, 2015, 01:58 PM
It also should be noted that he brought up the analogy of this game being akin to the movie Rocky. He must've forgotten that in the original movie, Rocky lost to the champ.

It's not even original. Towson's HC was calling NDSU Ivan Drago in the run up to that game.

dewey
December 21st, 2015, 02:00 PM
I believe that is a sports producer, not a student.

Ahhh! Maybe I am wrong.

Dewey

Big Dawg
December 21st, 2015, 02:01 PM
North Dakota State fans are on my bad side this weekend...they filled up my twitter inbox because I stated that I thought Jacksonville State was the best team in the Nation at the moment.

Nobody complained when I said NDSU was the best during previous four seasons, but as soon as I make a tweet about Jacksonville State, all the trolls come out...shessh...

TwinCitiesBison
December 21st, 2015, 02:01 PM
It's not even original. Towson's HC was calling NDSU Ivan Drago in the run up to that game.

At least with Towson's HC had his "Rocky" team winning!

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 02:28 PM
I love how a lot of people are rallying around CJ Smith claiming he will shut down Barge and stop our pass attack. If they think Smith is so fantastic wait until NDSU's receivers have to try to beat Hough. Lol

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2015, 02:32 PM

Dewey

I don't use twitter or have a twitter account. What are they saying? If they are doing **** like that they ought to shut their pie holes.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 02:33 PM
I don't use twitter or have a twitter account. What are they saying? If they are doing **** like that they ought to shut their pie holes.

I can't imagine it's any worse than the garbage UTC had on Twitter. All fan bases have their resident d-bags.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 02:36 PM
I love how a lot of people are rallying around CJ Smith claiming he will shut down Barge and stop our pass attack. If they think Smith is so fantastic wait until NDSU's receivers have to try to beat Hough. Lol

Who?

CJ Smith has 4 INTs and 19 PDs.

I had to look up Hough. 1 INT and 4 PDs?

scary.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 02:36 PM
Who?

CJ Smith has 4 INTs and 19 PDs.

I had to look up Hough. 1 INT and 4 PDs?

scary.

Whatever his stats were they were good enough to be all American. Pretty sure those were probably his stats just against SHSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 02:41 PM
Whatever his stats were they were good enough to be all American. Pretty sure those were probably his stats just against SHSU.

http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/custompages/Stats/Football/2015/teamcume.htm#TEAM.IND

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 02:43 PM
In the SHSU game Mr. Hough appears to have had 1 tackle, 1 PBU

Were you thinking of someone else?

TwinCitiesBison
December 21st, 2015, 02:43 PM

Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 02:50 PM
Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid.

@JSmith_FOX6

is not a student.

Bisonator
December 21st, 2015, 02:56 PM
He's a former player now turned bad sports writer apparently. And it was only a couple tweets saying he isn't acting very professional calling NDSU "green and yellow clowns". Nothing to get all worked up over IMO.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 02:57 PM
He's a former player now turned bad sports writer apparently. And it was only a couple tweets saying he isn't acting very professional calling NDSU "green and yellow clowns". Nothing to get all worked up over IMO.

right but also deserving of negative attention.

What the hell is it with sports writers in Alabama? Don't they have a J school?

Bisonator
December 21st, 2015, 02:58 PM
In the SHSU game Mr. Hough appears to have had 1 tackle, 1 PBU

Were you thinking of someone else?
LOL yep apparently those are AA numbers.

Too bad CJ missed a few games this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 03:10 PM
LOL yep apparently those are AA numbers.

Too bad CJ missed a few games this year.

I find it funny that he's a STATS 3rd team AA without really accumulating any.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 03:54 PM
I found this on the Internet. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/21/8031a90d7da822a16bcfc258e5d7c4a3.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 04:01 PM
Oh good. Vandalizing Wikipedia.

and we're the a-holes.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2015, 04:01 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/57433715.jpg

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2015, 04:06 PM
Which game showed you that? Tennessee-Martin or SEMO?

Auburn

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 04:07 PM
Auburn

Don't you have a bracket to go screw up?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 04:09 PM
#buttAuburn is the new buttBama

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2015, 04:16 PM
Don't you have a bracket to go screw up?

why? giving away your secrets?

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 04:25 PM
why? giving away your secrets?

Because my bracket is bad? It was my understanding if JSU wins I'm the runner up. #DamnYouSeattleSpider

Schism55
December 21st, 2015, 04:42 PM
3 Playoff games, Jax St giving up more than 27 ppg. NDSU has given up 26 total points thru 3 playoff games.
Bison line of scrimmage domination continues.
NDSU- 34
Jax St 17

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 04:44 PM
3 Playoff games, Jax St giving up more than 27 ppg. NDSU has given up 27 total points thru 3 playoff games.
Bison line of scrimmage domination continues.
NDSU- 34
Jax St 17

In three playoff games JSU is averaging more rushing yards than NDSU is total yards.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 04:49 PM
In three playoff games JSU is averaging more rushing yards than NDSU is total yards.

In 3 playoff games NDSU is giving up 48 ypg rushing.

Something about defense wins championships.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 04:51 PM
In 3 playoff games NDSU is giving up 48 ypg rushing.

Something about defense wins championships.

Isn't the full saying Offense wins games, defense wins championships? The NDSU matchup is just a game now. Game 15. It's gonna be a dang good game too.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2015, 05:10 PM
Isn't the full saying Offense wins games, defense wins championships? The NDSU matchup is just a game now. Game 15. It's gonna be a dang good game too.

Willie Fritz might have some things to say about that.

Milkman
December 21st, 2015, 06:27 PM
I've always herd offense sells tickets and defense wins championships.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 06:29 PM
I've always herd offense sells tickets and defense wins championships.

But what have you heard?

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 06:34 PM
But what have you heard?
He herd that the herd is pretty good. Get it?

Milkman
December 21st, 2015, 06:35 PM
Spelling intentional ;)

No_Skill
December 21st, 2015, 06:39 PM
#buttAuburn is the new buttBama

Who wins the #IronButt?

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 06:42 PM
Spelling intentional ;)

It's good to know the Bison offense is only good at selling tickets. That means our defense shouldn't have much to worry about. We can handle a few lousy salesmen. ;)

Milkman
December 21st, 2015, 06:47 PM
It's good to know the Bison offense is only good at selling tickets. That means our defense shouldn't have much to worry about. We can handle a few lousy salesmen. ;)
I'm just quoting some guy from Alabama. Some guy named Bryant. I guess he coached some sport or something. Probably knows nothing about football though.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 06:47 PM
I'm just quoting some guy from Alabama. Some guy named Bryant. I guess he coached some sport or something. Probably knows nothing about football though.

Bama sux.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2015, 06:53 PM
Q: How do you castrate a Bama fan?
A: Kick his sister in the jaw.

Milkman
December 21st, 2015, 06:53 PM
Bama sux.
You suck, cocks! See, punctuation is important. (Gamecocks are a hell of a team. Just having fun ;) )

Milkman
December 21st, 2015, 06:55 PM
Ha! Did we as fans find a common ground?

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 07:00 PM

Q: How do you make Alabama cookies?
A: Put them in a big bowl and beat them for three hours.

Q: Why should UofA change their name to U of Opossums?
A: Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Q: Where was OJ really hiding before the famous Bronco chase?
A: UofA because he figured they would never find a real football player there.

Q: What do you call a good looking girl in Tuscaloosa?
A: a visitor.

Q: What does a Bama fan and a maggot have in common?
A: they can both live off a dead Bear for 20 years.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2015, 07:03 PM
Q: How do you make Alabama cookies?
A: Put them in a big bowl and beat them for three hours.

Q: Why should UofA change their name to U of Opossums?
A: Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Q: Where was OJ really hiding before the famous Bronco chase?
A: UofA because he figured they would never find a real football player there.

Q: What do you call a good looking girl in Tuscaloosa?
A: a visitor.

Q: What does a Bama fan and a maggot have in common?
A: they can both live off a dead Bear for 20 years.
Good effort. A+ for the dead bear one, that's good. xlolx

I also like:

Q: Why can't they have drivers ed and sex ed on the same day at Bama?
A: Because they only have one mule.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 07:13 PM
Good effort. A+ for the dead bear one, that's good. xlolx

I also like:

Q: Why can't they have drivers ed and sex ed on the same day at Bama?
A: Because they only have one mule.

I have more:

Q: How do you keep Alabama Crimson Tide out of your yard?
A: Put up goal posts.

Q: What's the difference between Alabama Crimson Tide cheerleaders and The Titanic?
A: Only 1,000 went down on The Titanic.

Q: What's the biggest lie told at University of Alabama?
A: "I was just helping that sheep over the fence."

Q: If you have a car containing a Alabama Crimson Tide wide receiver, a Alabama Crimson Tide linebacker, and a Alabama Crimson Tide defensive back, who is driving the car?
A: The cop.

Q: What is the definition of safe sex down at University of Alabama?
A: Placing signs on the animals that kick.

Q: How do Crimson Tide brain cells die?
A: Alone.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/21/b5aee9f310f76521f7eb81f52a7f9f95.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/21/d6ef37f3736650dc19d8898589b36cbd.jpg

No_Skill
December 21st, 2015, 07:36 PM
Bama sux.

Auburn fan, huh?

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 07:36 PM
Auburn fan, huh?

Gamecock fan actually.

Think of it this way:
Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Michigan all hate each other but at the end of the day OSU, MSU, and ND will all join hands and sing a rousing chorus of "F*** Michigan". Alabama is the Michigan of the south.

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 08:08 PM
Gamecock fan actually.

Think of it this way:
Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Michigan all hate each other but at the end of the day OSU, MSU, and ND will all join hands and sing a rousing chorus of "F*** Michigan". Alabama is the Michigan of the south.
People always hate you when you're good

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 08:30 PM
People always hate you when you're good

Well they lost to Michigan State and got were monkey stomped by OSU. When I lived there it was mostly due to the fact Michigan fans were arrogant SOB's who talked a lot of smack and never backed it up. Much like Bama fans.

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 08:50 PM
Well they lost to Michigan State and got were monkey stomped by OSU. When I lived there it was mostly due to the fact Michigan fans were arrogant SOB's who talked a lot of smack and never backed it up. Much like Bama fans.
I would say Bama does ok backing it up

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 08:50 PM
I would say Bama does ok backing it up

Not according to Ohio State or Ole Miss.

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 08:52 PM
Not according to Ohio State or Ole Miss.
Championships

jsualumnus
December 21st, 2015, 08:59 PM
I remember as a kid growing up in Montana all the North Dakota jokes... I should break some out, but I'm sure NDSU fans had heard them all...

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 08:59 PM
Championships

Princeton?

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 09:01 PM
I remember as a kid growing up in Montana all the North Dakota jokes... I should break some out, but I'm sure NDSU fans had heard them all...
If they're better than the Bama ones bring them out, if not please don't

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 09:03 PM
Princeton?
Lots of them ?

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 09:03 PM
Lots of them ?

Yes.

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 09:05 PM
Yes.
More?

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 21st, 2015, 09:08 PM
http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2015/12/18/10447532/how-north-dakota-state-bison-stopped-the-bob-stitt-offense-Air-raid

jsualumnus
December 21st, 2015, 09:17 PM
Avg North Dakotans...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22061&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22062&stc=1

Bison56
December 21st, 2015, 09:19 PM
Avg North Dakotans...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22061&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22062&stc=1

I bet they at least have more than 1 tooth xlolx

BisonFan02
December 21st, 2015, 10:05 PM
I'm not getting involved in this....but fans of a school from Alabama dropping ND smack in a Walmart watching type attack? That's rich. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 10:13 PM
I'm not getting involved in this....but fans of a school from Alabama dropping ND smack in a Walmart watching type attack? That's rich. xlolx

You have NO idea.

Cocky
December 21st, 2015, 10:23 PM

We dont have any Bryants on our team.

Milkman
December 21st, 2015, 10:25 PM
Any Bears? Or was that Montana?

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 10:27 PM

We has some in our stadium Saturday, some sort of mutant Bear. It was part cat.

gumby013
December 21st, 2015, 10:31 PM
We has some in our stadium Saturday, some sort of mutant Bear. It was part cat.

Kat

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2015, 10:33 PM
Kat
Suck?

Cocky
December 21st, 2015, 10:36 PM

We damn sure any got no bear bryants in our stadium.

Milkman
December 21st, 2015, 10:43 PM
We damn sure any got no bear bryants in our stadium.
Bear Kat Bryant?

Cocky
December 21st, 2015, 10:47 PM
Bear Kat Bryant?

Dont know but they did have a Hall. He can play, too.

Twentysix
December 22nd, 2015, 03:54 AM
What a frightfully dull NC thread.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 05:21 AM
Dont know but they did have a Hall. He can play, too.

Not an MVFC player, doesn't count. Anyone from the MFVC could rack up PJ Hall stats in the Southland.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2015, 06:24 AM
What a lame ass thread this has turned into.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 06:43 AM

You want lame asses? Here you go. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/22/f9dd11011db582f218e01e009021f081.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/22/b153ca5ff9dd6217e26be25650a264e2.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2015, 06:54 AM
This game will come down to the lines on both sides of the ball. If NDSU can consistently get pressure on Jenkins, then they will be effective on defense. Same with the Bison OL. If the Bison can grind out long drives that end in TDs, then they have a great chance to win.

For JSU, protect Jenkins and they have a great chance of winning. Contain the Bison running game and make Stick beat you is a good formula for winning.

NDSU is going to try and run the ball, play sound, fundamental defense and field position with LeCompte.

awBison
December 22nd, 2015, 06:54 AM
Anyone crunch the numbers on the average line weights for each team? O and D lines?

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 06:57 AM
Anyone crunch the numbers on the average line weights for each team? O and D lines?

I can later.

clenz
December 22nd, 2015, 07:11 AM
Not an MVFC player, doesn't count. Anyone from the MFVC could rack up PJ Hall stats in the Southland.
Deionde' Hall is an MVFC player.

The only consensus All American defensive back this year - MVFC DPOY

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2015, 07:14 AM

From the JSU media guide:

JSU OL:

Lea: 295
Wright: 293
Dunn: 285
Samuels: 320
Johnson: 275

JSU DL:

Landrum: 263
Sigler: 292
Carson: 322
Fanning: 281

Bison OL:

Haeg: 310
Johnson: 326
Kuhnert: 301
Kelly: 300
Lechler: 301

Bison DL:

Ambrosius: 246
Schaetz: 287
Tanguay: 285
Menard: 239

chattownmocs
December 22nd, 2015, 07:30 AM
Contrary to popular opinion, I think the way to move the ball on jsu is to get to the edge in the running game and hit them in the middle on intermediate passes.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 07:30 AM

JSU O-Line:
6-3 300lbs

JSU D-Line:
6-3 276lbs

NDSU O-Line:
6-5 308lbs

NDSU D-Line:
6-3 264

Note on the above post: Fanning and Johnson will not be our starters. Cline (6-3 290) will start as RT with Johnson as backup. Fanning will not play due to a season ending injury against Tennessee State. DE will be played by Darius Jackson (6-3 230)

dgtw
December 22nd, 2015, 08:01 AM

You must not read the Anniston Star very often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator
December 22nd, 2015, 08:04 AM
Another thing I noticed on Saturday was JSU's extra point attempts. They seemed to always come out with a goofy alignment and then move into the conventional alignment before the kick. Is that done all the time and why? Ever go for 2 in those sets??

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2015, 08:04 AM
You must not read the Anniston Star very often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd never heard of Anniston before Sunday, much less the Star.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 08:06 AM

Basically the Star is a glorified high school paper.

Another thing I noticed on Saturday was JSU's extra point attempts. They seemed to always come out with a goofy alignment and then move into the conventional alignment before the kick. Is that done all the time and why? Ever go for 2 in those sets??

Not sure, always wondered that myself. Maybe it's to keep the defense from getting too settled?

Cocky
December 22nd, 2015, 08:12 AM

You would love it and the owner, he talks a good liberal game but doesnt practice it in real life.

Cocky
December 22nd, 2015, 08:22 AM
Its mainly Bison fans talking to each other with a little bit of Southerner. JSU doesnt have too many posters even on the main board who talk much crap. We understand we are the down the line of important in our own state much less nationally. So all of the your fat, OL and DL cant play, bunch of thugs, have a bunch of "you peoples" and all of the other great lines are old news to us. If this thread or any other was objective, with the normal fan bias, JSU posters would probably be more involved in AGS.

Houndawg
December 22nd, 2015, 08:23 AM
Should be a good game. NDSU's defense vs Jacksonville's offense. Let the debates begin.

Last week was supposed to be a good game too.xcoffeex

Houndawg
December 22nd, 2015, 08:25 AM
Its mainly Bison fans talking to each other with a little bit of Southerner. JSU doesnt have too many posters even on the main board who talk much crap. We understand we are the down the line of important in our own state much less nationally. So all of the your fat, OL and DL cant play, bunch of thugs, have a bunch of "you peoples" and all of the other great lines are old news to us. If this thread or any other was objective, with the normal fan bias, JSU posters would probably be more involved in AGS.

Sounds like a less-than-confident fan base.xcoffeex

Cocky
December 22nd, 2015, 08:26 AM
Sounds like a less-than-confident fan base.xcoffeex

Your right, we understand we have no chance.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2015, 08:27 AM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx-HKTZ9iR7k9_73WrXu7Jf8Lbat87WvtzgxEyRaHGr3Vi5iv2

Cocky
December 22nd, 2015, 08:30 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx-HKTZ9iR7k9_73WrXu7Jf8Lbat87WvtzgxEyRaHGr3Vi5iv2

Is that another of you implications about band members? I know you have issues with others being different.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 08:30 AM

#ButtAuburn

Houndawg
December 22nd, 2015, 08:37 AM

One thing that I noticed in my younger days traveling is that a common factor in Montana, South Dakota, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Minnesota, is North Dakota jokes.

If you're a single guy you can get a ton of poon there if you know three chicks.:D

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2015, 10:09 AM
One thing that I noticed in my younger days traveling is that a common factor in Montana, South Dakota, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Minnesota, is North Dakota jokes.

If you're a single guy you can get a ton of poon there if you know three chicks.:D
Minnesotans love to poke fun at those cheeseheads from Wisconsin much more than they do North Dakotans.

Bisonator
December 22nd, 2015, 10:10 AM
Any JSU fans know how Coach Grass is dealing with the 3 week timeline? Is he giving the players a bunch of time off?

I'm sure NDSU will give a couple days for Christmas but be back at it on Saturday.

Cocky
December 22nd, 2015, 10:17 AM
Any JSU fans know how Coach Grass is dealing with the 3 week timeline? Is he giving the players a bunch of time off?

I'm sure NDSU will give a couple days for Christmas but be back at it on Saturday.
Practiced yesterday not sure on the rest. Im sure Christamas eve and Christmas will be off days and probably the weekend. The next Monday will be full bore until the 9th. Coaches probably are working the entire time, albeit some may be at home.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 11:21 AM

They did Monday and Tuesday this week have until Sunday off, back Monday next week and don't stop until the plane leaves.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 11:22 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/22/d2c68bba91d2f5c6b308479fd1998ab0.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2015, 02:57 PM
Which team will have more rushing yards in this game?

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 02:58 PM

If I had to fancy a guess it would be us.

BisonFan02
December 22nd, 2015, 03:00 PM

Good luck with that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2015, 03:03 PM

OK...why?

I think NDSU will based on that JSU doesn't see our type of offense much, if at all. More power, man on man blocking in the OL compared to zone blocking....but NDSU does do that also. Plus the Bison have seen all kinds of spread/read option teams in the recent past. JSU is good but so is this Bison defense. It will be a good match up. Whomever can make the adjustments will win IMO.

UNIFanSince1983
December 22nd, 2015, 03:09 PM
With 3 weeks to prepare I think NDSU is going to be very stout on D. They will be ready for Jenkins and Pope. They absolutely shut down our running game which was on fire coming into the game, and arguably the best in the country at that point. If JSU is going to beat them they are going to have to pass and hope it opens up the run game. It is highly unlikely JSU gets 350 yards rushing on NDSU like they did in all the other playoff games.

mango433
December 22nd, 2015, 04:14 PM

Some other college teams do it (Clemson maybe?) and I've heard that if they see something they like from the defense they will go for 2, if the defense defends it they motion to the traditional PAT try

Catsfan90
December 22nd, 2015, 05:32 PM
Until I see otherwise, this is the bisons to lose: 35-17 Bison.

Grizzlies82
December 22nd, 2015, 06:28 PM

On that wager my money would go on No Dakota State.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2015, 06:31 PM
OK...why?

I think NDSU will based on that JSU doesn't see our type of offense much, if at all. More power, man on man blocking in the OL compared to zone blocking....but NDSU does do that also. Plus the Bison have seen all kinds of spread/read option teams in the recent past. JSU is good but so is this Bison defense. It will be a good match up. Whomever can make the adjustments will win IMO.

Because we have a First-Team All-American QB that has so far rushed for 1,100 and an All-American running back who is averaging something like 9YPC and will break 2,000 season yards with a half decent game who both run behind a O-Line that has 4 All-Conference and an All-American on it. You can talk up NDSU's defense until you're blue in the face but keep in mind NO ONE has even come close to shutting our rushing attack down. Our worst rushing game was 161 yards at Auburn.

BisonFan02
December 22nd, 2015, 06:53 PM
Because we have a First-Team All-American QB that has so far rushed for 1,100 and an All-American running back who is averaging something like 9YPC and will break 2,000 season yards with a half decent game who both run behind a O-Line that has 4 All-Conference and an All-American on it. You can talk up NDSU's defense until you're blue in the face but keep in mind NO ONE has even come close to shutting our rushing attack down. Our worst rushing game was 161 yards at Auburn.

Looks like a goal for Code Green....

Bisonoline
December 22nd, 2015, 07:07 PM
OK...why?

I think we need to run more power going wide and off the tackles.. Need to get there D-line running sideline to sideline. Wonder how long those overly heavy guys could last? Wear them down early. That alone would open it up.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2015, 07:09 PM
Butt Auburn

dgtw
December 22nd, 2015, 07:46 PM
Prior to this season, I never paid much attention to the national championship preview thread on here. Is it usually this stupid?

Bison56
December 22nd, 2015, 07:52 PM
Prior to this season, I never paid much attention to the national championship preview thread on here. Is it usually this stupid?

It is now:D

Bison56
December 22nd, 2015, 07:53 PM
I think we need to run more power going wide and off the tackles.. Need to get there D-line running sideline to sideline. Wonder how long those overly heavy guys could last? Wear them down early. That alone would open it up.

They rotate about 10 guys or so on the line. Can someone from JSU confirm this? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2015, 07:53 PM
If you're coming here looking for a preview of the national championship game you're in the wrong place. If you're looking to kill some time while waiting for kickoff it's not a bad way to do it.

And yes, it is usually this stupid. In fact I'd say it was even more stupid for SHSU part deux in 2012 and ISUr last year because we spent more time talking smack completely unrelated to the game.... instead of this year where most of the smack is in some tiny way related to the game.

This was the ultimate dumpster fire of a thread if you really want to see how bad it can get with 3 weeks between games: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126307-The-Rematch-Sam-Houston-ST-vs-North-Dakota-ST

EDIT: The first 15 or so pages are ok then it really gets bad: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126307-The-Rematch-Sam-Houston-ST-vs-North-Dakota-ST/page18

So we've still got a lot more to look forward to out of this thread. Hopefully ursus doesn't have to move this one to the Smack board like he did that year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2015, 07:59 PM

Doesn't JSU run something like a 3-3-5?

I agree, attack the edges of that defense.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see how awesome JSU is, wont we.....

awBison
December 22nd, 2015, 08:00 PM
Has anyone crunched the numbers on average line weights for each team?

uni88
December 22nd, 2015, 08:01 PM

UNI's QB and RB weren't too bad running the ball and NDSU did a pretty good job with them. UNI's O line doesn't have players with that kind of hardware though. But maybe your guys just got it because they play in the mediocre OVC? ;)

From a personnel perspective, JSU's O is looking very similar to ISUr's from last year. Great dual threat QB, great RB, great OL and an excellent receiving corp (although ISUs's top receiver was their TE). I don't think NDSU's D was as good as last year over the course of the season but they've really put it together in the playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2015, 08:04 PM
Has anyone crunched the numbers on average line weights for each team?

3rd time you asked this....it is posted in this thread already....

Go check out post #457

gumby013
December 22nd, 2015, 08:06 PM
Doesn't JSU run something like a 3-3-5?

I agree, attack the edges of that defense.

Richmond ran a 3-3-5 as well. We all saw how many times they ran the power sweep out of the delta formation. I expect a lot of the same.

Cocky
December 22nd, 2015, 08:19 PM
They rotate about 10 guys or so on the line. Can someone from JSU confirm this? I think I remember reading that somewhere.
Yes, 10-11 DL normally play and we normally rotate 7 OL.

dgtw
December 22nd, 2015, 08:26 PM
If you're coming here looking for a preview of the national championship game you're in the wrong place. If you're looking to kill some time while waiting for kickoff it's not a bad way to do it.

And yes, it is usually this stupid. In fact I'd say it was even more stupid for SHSU part deux in 2012 and ISUr last year because we spent more time talking smack completely unrelated to the game.... instead of this year where most of the smack is in some tiny way related to the game.

This was the ultimate dumpster fire of a thread if you really want to see how bad it can get with 3 weeks between games: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126307-The-Rematch-Sam-Houston-ST-vs-North-Dakota-ST

EDIT: The first 15 or so pages are ok then it really gets bad: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126307-The-Rematch-Sam-Houston-ST-vs-North-Dakota-ST/page18

So we've still got a lot more to look forward to out of this thread. Hopefully ursus doesn't have to move this one to the Smack board like he did that year.

Well, I really wasn't expecting in depth analysis so yes this is more of a time killer the next couple weeks. But thanks for answering my question and for supplying the link to back it up.

I try not to get caught up in the smack talk as I prefer a friendlier climate on an open board. Anyway, I'm making the trip and hoping for a win. I was hoping we'd play y'all just because I wanted to face the top program in FCS in the finals. Hoping we can be the ones to break the streak.