PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern's New HC and FCS Impacts

Lehigh Football Nation
December 17th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Georgia Southern: According to WJCL, the three leading candidates for the Georgia Southern job are interim head coach Dell McGee, Penn State co-defensive coordinator Brent Pry and Charleston Southern head coach Jamey Chadwell. All three candidates interviewed earlier this week, per the report. Sources told FootballScoop that Jacksonville State head coach John Grass was another potential candidate. No word as to whether GSU plans to wait to interview Grass until after this weekend’s FCS semifinal matchup with Sam Houston State. We also understand that former Wake Forest head coach Jim Grobe has been involved in the process.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-2/wednesday-december-16-2015/

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2015, 09:39 AM
I hope Grass makes the right choice.

tigonian02
December 17th, 2015, 09:47 AM
I hope Grass makes the right choice.

I don't think you guys have to worry all that much

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2015, 09:47 AM
I don't think you guys have to worry all that much

Neither do I, Chadwell is obviously the best candidate. I'm just paranoid.

tigonian02
December 17th, 2015, 10:08 AM
I like Chadwell also. Rumor has it that negotiations fell thru with Pry and WVU DC basically tweeted that he's staying at WVU. If all is true, realistically its now between Chadwell, interim coach McGhee, possibly Grass, and whoever else is out there unknown. I like both Grass and Chadwell. I think Chadwell eventually gets the nod though. He'd happily come in for less $ and implement a very similar scheme. He could be very explosive offensively with the boost in recruiting that he would get at GS

Baldy
December 17th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I like Chadwell also. Rumor has it that negotiations fell thru with Pry and WVU DC basically tweeted that he's staying at WVU. If all is true, realistically its now between Chadwell, interim coach McGhee, possibly Grass, and whoever else is out there unknown. I like both Grass and Chadwell. I think Chadwell eventually gets the nod though. He'd happily come in for less $ and implement a very similar scheme. He could be very explosive offensively with the boost in recruiting that he would get at GS
That was just a rumor. From what I understand, negotiations are ongoing and unless they fall through the floor it's most likely going to be Pry.

Cocky
December 17th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Rumors around here are Bill Clark is in the mix, also. Having to rebuild UAB or the tradition of Ga So? I would go with the latter if it was my choice.

Baldy
December 17th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Rumors around here are Bill Clark is in the mix, also. Having to rebuild UAB or the tradition of Ga So? I would go with the latter if it was my choice.
I think he's a great coach, but he's not in the mix.

AshevilleApp2
December 17th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Whoever it is, I hope he implements the spread offense.

Baldy
December 17th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Whoever it is, I hope he implements the spread offense.
From a scheme standpoint there probably won't be much difference than what you've seen the last couple of years.