PDA

View Full Version : All I want for Christmas is...a Bison loss

Pages : 1 [2]

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 10:50 AM
I think there's another team, wasn't there? Idk there name though??

Naw..... xlolx

Da Herd
December 19th, 2015, 10:50 AM
What else is there to do...:D

I spent 5.5 years there and only caught maybe 4 quarters of football because it got in the way of my Bird Shooting!

Sycamore62
December 19th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I don't think a lot of people understand how hard the Bison's staff and team work. They live, sleep, breathe, and eat football. My little brother was a grad assistant on the staff for a couple years (went with Bohl to Wyo). He asked for a cot for Christmas from my parents so he could sleep in his office. He worked every waking hour 7 days a week to chop up game film and assist with recruiting. Worked right though the holidays. I don't have a clue what other programs are doing but I would be shocked of 5% are putting in the work that the bison staff does.

Id be shocked if 75% dont do as much or more

REALBird
December 21st, 2015, 09:23 AM
If they win, they win. If they lose, damn it ......pat yourself on the back and say it was a good run. But just because they could lose doesn't mean the bastages won't re-tool and come back with a little fire in their belly. Not rooting for a loss, not rooting for a win. I just want to see a damn good game and if NDSU wins, then its because they're the best team in FCS. Rooting for another team to lose that isn't a hated rival is just some B**** *****!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2015, 09:27 AM
If they win, they win. If they lose, damn it ......pat yourself on the back and say it was a good run. But just because they could lose doesn't mean the bastages won't re-tool and come back with a little fire in their belly. Not rooting for a loss, not rooting for a win. I just want to see a damn good game and if NDSU wins, then its because they're the best team in FCS. Rooting for another team to lose that isn't a hated rival is just some B**** *****!

Hats off to JSU if they win. NDSU will bring their "A" game.

This NDSU team is young, so I am looking forward to a few more years of good FB!!

Yote 53
December 21st, 2015, 09:37 AM
They're sticking it to their students: http://volanteonline.com/2015/02/student-fees-increase-pending-approval/

You mean the students that voted themselves for the increase to student fees? Also, not the entire increase in student fees goes to the athletic dept, actually a majority of it is going to student related associations.

Love the Bunny hate. Keep it up Jacks.

UNIFanSince1983
December 21st, 2015, 09:39 AM

So it is okay for me to root for them to lose because they are a hated (yet very respected) rival? xsmiley_wix

Sycamore62
December 21st, 2015, 09:42 AM
I'd like to change my Christmas wish list to include only a new AD that has amazing skills (bowstaff included) that will stick around a little longer than he probably should before he takes a P5 job

Yote 53
December 21st, 2015, 09:46 AM
What are they doing exactly to the DakotaDome? Are they trying to add a few seats? I wish they would have made the FD to its original specs of a 27K seat stadium.

Is USD doing FCOA for all programs?

Paying the assistants a good salary is huge. That is why Klieman came to NDSU. He got more pay as a position coach (DBs) compared to being the DC at UNI.

Yes, Dome expansion would include a grandstand on the westside which will increase capacity to the 16k range, new concourse on that side, new locker rooms, meeting rooms, coaches offices, etc. The cutouts are already done on the south side of the Dome's wall where there is club seating and a lounge area that will go in the connector building to the new arena.

FCOA for all programs phased in over the next three years.

From everything I have heard the salary ppol for the assistants was increased. Nielson came to USD because of the financial commitment the school is putting towards the football program. It is obvious to everyone in the region what the success of the Bison football program has done for the profile of the school. If you view it in marketing terms, that the athletic department is the window through which the public views your school, spending money to have a healthy and successful athletic department is a good investment.

Wilson16
December 21st, 2015, 09:52 AM
Yes, Dome expansion would include a grandstand on the westside which will increase capacity to the 16k range, new concourse on that side, new locker rooms, meeting rooms, coaches offices, etc. The cutouts are already done on the south side of the Dome's wall where there is club seating and a lounge area that will go in the connector building to the new arena.

FCOA for all programs phased in over the next three years.

From everything I have heard the salary ppol for the assistants was increased. Nielson came to USD because of the financial commitment the school is putting towards the football program. It is obvious to everyone in the region what the success of the Bison football program has done for the profile of the school. If you view it in marketing terms, that the athletic department is the window through which the public views your school, spending money to have a healthy and successful athletic department is a good investment.
How s your marketing department? Is there sufficient money devoted there? I thought the "having an old friend over for dinner" billboards were fabulous. I don't see anything Yote related unless I'm in the southern part of SD though.

REALBird
December 21st, 2015, 10:54 AM
So it is okay for me to root for them to lose because they are a hated (yet very respected) rival? xsmiley_wix

Hey man. Some things are just personal. You have to roll with it. LOL.