PDA

View Full Version : SHSU @ Jacksonville State

Pages : 1 2 [3]

centennial
December 19th, 2015, 08:47 PM
There's another FCS site? Neat.

Because ESPN announcers are known for being right. But we are pretty loaded.
Isn't the whole O line SEC transfers?

Ivytalk
December 19th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Congrats to Jax State and Cocky for the Total Destructor!

FormerPokeCenter
December 19th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Holy ****!......All of the Bearkat fans all went silent at once....

That makes me very, very nervous....

I feel like the more the Katfans are online, the less likely the poor dogs who live in Huntsville are getting kicked...

I'm betting the busiest guys in Huntsville tomorrow are Emergency Room Vets and ASPCA investigators....

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 09:28 PM

I feel like the more the Katfans are online, the less likely the poor dogs who live in Huntsville are getting kicked...

I'm betting the busiest guys in Huntsville tomorrow are Emergency Room Vets and ASPCA investigators....

Like this just after they turned their TVs off? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSH_riW7V8s

FormerPokeCenter
December 19th, 2015, 09:31 PM
I didn't realize that ESPN would already have the game replay up online! ;)

Cocky
December 19th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Is that supposed to be an insult? OVC is weak as ****.
This Sam team would have struggled in the OVC this year. UTM should have gotten a bid after watching the playoffs unfold.

Cocky
December 19th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Isn't the whole O line SEC transfers?
no

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2015, 11:18 PM
Shout out to Coach Keeler, his post game interview was a class act. Good luck next season Sam.

ngineer
December 19th, 2015, 11:30 PM
This is true. This game shouldn't have been the blowout it was. Sammy did what we did last year and played a bad game. I look forward to seeing them in the playoffs again next year.

I fully agree....but remember this with regard to other 'blow out' scores in other games. Scores can be a result of many factors and too often we take a 'blow out' score as being some kind of proof as to how bad or out-classed an opponent is. Everyone and every team have bad days, and when they meet up with an opponent who is having a great day, blow-outs occur. For those who said Colgate didn't deserve to be on the same playing field with SHSU and pointed to the score as 'proof' that they were not worthy, the same metric would have to apply to this game. Hopefully, most know better. SHSU has a very good team, but you cannot make that many mistakes against a quality opponent and expect to be competitive. Good luck to JSU. I am looking forward to seeing a great game with NDSU. Two different styles clashing which should make for interesting match up.

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2015, 01:03 AM
It's going to be a long 3 weeks. I am going to guess at at least 6 new Decemberists.

Man your shooting low 56 I'm guessing double that number.

BearKatProud
December 20th, 2015, 05:52 AM

Looks like that off season smack talk remedial class is working! To be fair, losers did get a two week head start.

10 and D'oh!

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2015, 07:04 AM
You'd have to be blind to not see how talented jacksonville state is. North Dakota state is probably more complete but jacksonville state is loaded.

speaking of Blind..... how about color blind...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by caribbeanhen http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2305042#post2305042) what does a Hispanic look like?

Typically darker skinned. Oh no, did I offend you, with my common sense factual post?

FormerPokeCenter
December 20th, 2015, 07:13 AM
Looks like that off season smack talk remedial class is working! To be fair, losers did get a two week head start.

10 and D'oh!

How's your dog this morning??

Pards Rule
December 20th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Big ESPN clip on now about Celebration Bowl. Who was the dude who caught two at once doing backflip?

BearKatProud
December 20th, 2015, 03:44 PM
How's your dog this morning??

He's great, I appreciate you asking.

How's the "Nicholls of the playoffs?"

Speaking about SHSU and mcneeds-to-get-a-playoff-win:

Winners find a way to win and losers find a way to lose.

Ouch.

http://www.americanpress.com/sports/mcneese/20151207-hickey-column

FormerPokeCenter
December 20th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Winners find a way to win and losers find a way to lose.

As Sam Houston illustrated last night...in a HUGE way.

BearKatProud
December 20th, 2015, 05:03 PM
As Sam Houston illustrated last night...in a HUGE way.

Really? That's not what the mc-losing-record-in-the-postseason columnist said:

When it comes to playoff football, Saturday night’s 34-29 loss to Sam Houston State left no doubt which side of the ledger McNeese State sits on.

Go ahead man, there's plenty more.

JayJ79
December 20th, 2015, 05:19 PM
random question: while watching the SHSU/JSU game, I saw one of the JSU linemen had a jersey that wasn't all red like the others. the bottom was kind of a red/white mix.

what's the story on that? Or was that not part of his actual jersey, but instead a shirt he had on underneath?

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2015, 05:20 PM
random question: while watching the SHSU/JSU game, I saw one of the JSU linemen had a jersey that wasn't all red like the others. the bottom was kind of a red/white mix.

what's the story on that? Or was that not part of his actual jersey, but instead a shirt he had on underneath?
It was some kind of shirt he had on underneath and his jersey was pulled up. I guess it was uncomfortable for him. He's a big dude.

The Grass is greener in Jacksonville

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 05:21 PM

It was his undershirt.

FormerPokeCenter
December 20th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Really? That's not what the mc-losing-record-in-the-postseason columnist said:

Go ahead man, there's plenty more.

You do realize that since your team lost last night, that whole Losers -find-a-way-to-lose thing applies to your team, right?

Cocky
December 20th, 2015, 09:25 PM

It looked like one those ugly camo uniforms from a few weeks back.

Redbirdz
December 20th, 2015, 09:42 PM
no
Jacksonville State does have 14 FBS transfers, a number from the SEC.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Jacksonville State does have 14 FBS transfers, a number from the SEC.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/20/c652ddf3ff5f6b3f25e76ad353db46ba.jpg

Hood
December 21st, 2015, 02:30 AM
He's great, I appreciate you asking.

How's the "Nicholls of the playoffs?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Y2Hood/emoticons/flag.gif

Big_Fan
December 21st, 2015, 06:15 AM
Also worth noting, all of our transfers are not reformation projects... Carson was a walk-on at Tennessee. Wood never played a down at Ole Miss (redshirted and transferred closer to home). Roberts transferred when UAB killed their program. Sterling is from Aliceville Alabama, and should never have signed with Wazzou. He wanted to be closer to home. There are a few who had problems, transferred to JSU, and been good citizens since their arrival, but we don't bring in players who were serious problems at their previous school.

I have said it before... in this part of the country, you have to take FBS transfers. There are so many schools in our recruiting territory, that great players don't get overlooked. You might get a few (like Eli Jenkins who was recruited to FBS schools as a DB), but not many.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/20/c652ddf3ff5f6b3f25e76ad353db46ba.jpg

Sam_Kats
December 21st, 2015, 07:49 AM
Got back from the ranch last night & I chose to sit in the deer stand vs following the game...haven't even read these thread pages & probably won't; I just want to congratulate JSU on an obvious butt-whippin & I hope Frisco is packed with some red to go along with the green/gold.

No doubt, once again, the 2 best teams are meeting in Texas in January. Gotta love the playoffs!

Kats had a great year & are bringing back gobs of talent. Chip & a seat. Good luck to Gamecocks & Bison.

bluehenbillk
December 21st, 2015, 07:50 AM
Congrats to JSU - I didn't see a game like Saturday coming. Best of luck vs NDSU - I'll be rooting for you!

Go...gate
December 22nd, 2015, 12:31 AM
Congratulations to Jacksonville State. Good luck in the Final!

McNeese75
December 22nd, 2015, 09:11 AM
Good luck in Frisco!!! I actually anticipated a strong win by JSU last week but not quite that much of an xspankx