PDA

View Full Version : Semi's: Richmond @ N D S U

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

centennial
December 19th, 2015, 12:04 AM
I'm going to miss 32counter. Wonder if he will come back?xcoffeex

He is going to buy the internet and shut it down.

Wilson16
December 19th, 2015, 12:06 AM
I'm going to miss 32counter. Wonder if he will come back?xcoffeex
If I were a rich man twiddle deedle twiddle tweedle twiddle DUMB. All day long I'd own someone. Just not t h e Bizon. Thank you thank you very much

MacThor
December 19th, 2015, 12:07 AM
Congrats to the Bison. Great, dominating performance.
I guess Richter got hurt early in the game? I didn't see or hear a mention on ESPN. Our OL seemed completely out of sorts without their All American. The Bison D had a lot to do with it too.
I was wondering who was in our secondary at the end of the game. Sherlock, T Jones, B Jones and Ogyunni were all out at one point!

centennial
December 19th, 2015, 12:11 AM
The ISUr game helped us a lot, we were able to see what works, and does not. Since ISU is a MVFC team looking at how Richmond stopped them was crucial. I have to say however, coming in with a similar plan as last week. I overestimated how good Richmond coaches are. They needed to come in with something new, SDSU almost once knocked us out with the triple option run by now a NFL RB. Coverages were bad, planning was sub par, you cannot come to Fargo without some way to throw off the coaches, players.

Wilson16
December 19th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Congrats to the Bison. Great, dominating performance.
I guess Richter got hurt early in the game? I didn't see or hear a mention on ESPN. Our OL seemed completely out of sorts without their All American. The Bison D had a lot to do with it too.
I was wondering who was in our secondary at the end of the game. Sherlock, T Jones, B Jones and Ogyunni were all out at one point!
Congrats on a dominating performance ......... But........,

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Congrats to Richmand on a great season. Best of luck in the future!

MacThor
December 19th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Yeah we definitely went with the "ain't broke don't fix it" approach. But when you're heading into an environment like no other, you've got to show up with something different.

Wilson16
December 19th, 2015, 12:29 AM
Computers don't play football. Young men do. Young men that can't complete many passes, in UNI's case.
You were right, computers are wrong. 13.5 spread was way too low

yopaulie
December 19th, 2015, 12:29 AM
The ISUr game helped us a lot, we were able to see what works, and does not. Since ISU is a MVFC team looking at how Richmond stopped them was crucial. I have to say however, coming in with a similar plan as last week. I overestimated how good Richmond coaches are. They needed to come in with something new, SDSU almost once knocked us out with the triple option run by now a NFL RB. Coverages were bad, planning was sub par, you cannot come to Fargo without some way to throw off the coaches, players.

LIke some others commented, Richmond's style of play really is poorly suited to go against the bison. Over the past years, physical line play, very aggressive defenses with great man corners, and extremely mobile running quarterbacks taking advantage of the MLB possibly getting pulled back in centerfield coverage, has been the most effective against NDSU. Richmond's strengths seem basically opposite of this. Good passing QB, shifty but not mobile. Very good single back. Lack of TE/over the middle routes. Defense playing off of receivers. I think it'd be tough to add any effective wrinkle for Richmond, when it would need to be so drastically different than their core style of play.

BisonTru
December 19th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Richmond's Postgame presser

http://www.richmondspiders.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=4832822

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2015, 12:34 AM
You know for all the constant bitching and whining on what's good for FCS ( great crowd, nice stadiums, game day from Fargo etc ) How the hell does this help FCS when you have the same team that just smokes everyone year in year out. Do you think anyone actually watched this crap tonight. It's a joke no one cares. Rather have a close game in a blizzard in the crappiest stadium in FCS with no one in the stands than watch this same old rerun

To be the man, you've got to beat the man...

Wilson16
December 19th, 2015, 12:34 AM
Geez, we should just forfeit now and save money on the trip.

All of this sounds exactly like the Appalachian State fans who dominated this board in '08. The faces and names have changed, the song remains the same.
You're a profit

MacThor
December 19th, 2015, 12:37 AM
You're a profit

You're clearly the pride of the school system.

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2015, 12:37 AM
You're a profit

Just stop....act like you've been here before.

Good season Spiders. Kinda ran into a buzzsaw today. You can tell there are a lot of good pieces in place with the character of your guys and Rocco. Should be contenders again next season.

EDIT: and its Prophet.....but whatever.

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2015, 12:38 AM
Just got back home from downtown and I hate to see someone lose, especially when they have gotten this far. Richmond seems like a class act and I hope to see Rocco and Co back here again soon. I hope for a speedy recovery for your safety. Next time, maybe we can see some of you guys and we can enjoy a beer together. Best of luck to your team and I expect you to really be a force in the CAA for awhile.

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2015, 12:39 AM

Don't feed the troll.

congrats to the spiders on a hell of a year.

Wilson16
December 19th, 2015, 12:42 AM
And you weren't when you bravely made that statement Got it

dish it take it

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 19th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Richmond's post game press conference...

Wilson16
Don't feed the troll.

congrats to the spiders on a hell of a year.
I do give you credit 7000 posts on a site where you have nothing to brag about

MacThor
No buts. That was a whooping.
Sometimes, comments on injuries are nothing more than just that. I had no idea Richter got hurt until post game. That's something most broadcasters would mention especially when it's a first team All American. It's not an excuse.
Except for Herlocker, all of the DB injuries happened after the game was in hand.

Most of the NDSU fans seemed knowledgeable and classy. But.........

Wilson16
December 19th, 2015, 12:45 AM
Just stop....act like you've been here before.

Good season Spiders. Kinda ran into a buzzsaw today. You can tell there are a lot of good pieces in place with the character of your guys and Rocco. Should be contenders again next season.

EDIT: and its Prophet.....but whatever.
Um thanks mr spell check nazi .... Whatever

Wilson16
December 19th, 2015, 12:46 AM
No buts. That was a whooping.
Sometimes, comments on injuries are nothing more than just that. I had no idea Richter got hurt until post game. That's something most broadcasters would mention especially when it's a first team All American. It's not an excuse.
Except for Herlocker, all of the DB injuries happened after the game was in hand.

Most of the NDSU fans seemed knowledgeable and classy. But.........
Easy to change your tune after the game ..... But

Twentysix
December 19th, 2015, 12:47 AM
I do give you credit 7000 posts on a site where you have nothing to brag about

Take the rest of the night off... come back and read the thread tomorrow.

Wilson16
December 19th, 2015, 12:49 AM
Take the rest of the night off... come back and read the thread tomorrow.
I'll be back next Decembrist

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 19th, 2015, 12:52 AM
Dom is tweeting that NDSU is the home team in Frisco.

https://twitter.com/NDSUequipment/status/678097596712271872

Wilson16
December 19th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Does the CAA have scholarships? It doesn't seem like it. Must have been a really weak league this year if this is their champion...

NDSU missing 8 points cause of the kicking game already... That could really hurt against a decent team.
Been there before or just acting like it ?

BisonBabe
December 19th, 2015, 01:11 AM
What a game. Had the opportunity to visit with many of the Richmond fans. For the most part it was a clean game. Feel bad for the young man who injured his arm. Looked like a break. Was glad to see him come back out before the game ended.

MacThor
December 19th, 2015, 01:23 AM
Richmond's post game press conference...

Thanks for posting.

NDSU's fundamentals are so solid. They tackle hard and clean and don't miss. They don't drop passes. It's impressive to watch, even when it's no fun.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 19th, 2015, 01:47 AM
Gotta say today's performance was really impressive. Not because Richmond is bad but because I was really impressed with them coming into this game. I'm embarrassed how much I talked them up before this game with what happened on the field. I sincerely believe they will be back and better next year. Good look to the spiders. We had your number today.

Twentysix
December 19th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Gotta say today's performance was really impressive. Not because Richmond is bad but because I was really impressed with them coming into this game. I'm embarrassed how much I talked them up before this game with what happened on the field. I sincerely believe they will be back and better next year. Good look to the spiders. We had your number today.

Both teams involved in today's contest should be better next year.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 19th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Both teams involved in today's contest should be better next year.

Completley agree. The Bizon will be scary for several year at the very least. Just look at the backfield and skill positions.

Edit: see avatar for my prediction. Minimum 8 peat

ming01
December 19th, 2015, 03:09 AM
I enjoyed UR fanbase. You guys are a good team. Fortunately our defense is on another level. They have really come together in such little time.

word
December 19th, 2015, 05:42 AM
I rarely post,but I'd also like to commend the Richmond fans I talked to before the game. Great guys, and I hope somehow we can set up a h and h so I get out to Virginia.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Some thoughts:

- Great push by the Bison OL last night. Haeg is truly an AA. He completely dominated guys in front of him.

- The Bison defense is becoming exceptional like previous Bison defenses. Bison LBs really played their pass coverage very well.

- Awesome 10 minute drive to crush Richmond at the end of the 3rd and most of the 4th quarter.

- Both teams are young. Hope the Richmond player makes a speedy recovery. Nice ovation for him and he was waving to the crowd when he walked back to the field.

- NDSU totally dominated both lines of scrimmage.

- Cam needs his confidence back. Practice!

Laker
December 19th, 2015, 06:43 AM
Some thoughts:

- Great push by the Bison OL last night. Haeg is truly an AA. He completely dominated guys in front of him.

- The Bison defense is becoming exceptional like previous Bison defenses. Bison LBs really played their pass coverage very well.

- Awesome 10 minute drive to crush Richmond at the end of the 3rd and most of the 4th quarter.

- Both teams are young. Hope the Richmond player makes a speedy recovery. Nice ovation for him and he was waving to the crowd when he walked back to the field.

That was an amazing drive. The Bison left no doubt last night.

I did see an interesting graphic near the end of the game. The last time NDSU lost at home in the postseason was 1991. I remember that game very well. You just don't want to play in Fargo in the playoffs if you are the opposition.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2015, 06:58 AM
busted haha, don't tell my CAA Virginia brethren but I think the Spiders will get squashed in this game...

NoDak State 38
Richmond 20

gave the Spiders too much credit going in

clenz
December 19th, 2015, 07:12 AM
NDSU fans......

Make me miserable

What would UNI have done with Richmond?

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2015, 07:21 AM
NDSU fans......

Make me miserable

despite Richmond's poor showing last night, I think that would actually be a great match-up.... obviously Spiders ran into the exterminator last night, they were not ready for Fargo is putting it lightly. Northern Iowa would be a 3 to point favorite at home, move the game to the Commonwealth and you got a toss up

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Completley agree. The Bizon will be scary for several year at the very least. Just look at the backfield and skill positions.

Edit: see avatar for my prediction. Minimum 8 peat

A lot of FR, RFR and SO on the 2-deep roster. Someone posted earlier about the '12 recruiting class and how many are gone now. The last 2 classes and it looks like the next one coming in have really made up for that.

Stick is getting better but he needs to improve his passing. Couple of his out pattern throws almost could have been pick 6s.

But you're right, the Bison will be scary for several more years...:D

dgtw
December 19th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Check JSU in the playoffs the D isn't that great.

Our placekicker isn't too great, either.

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2015, 08:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opgpa-JLGZU

Gotta love this post game press conference watching King Frazier. Looks like he's ready right now to go play another game xlolx he can't sit still.

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2015, 08:17 AM
I do give you credit 7000 posts on a site where you have nothing to brag about Dude seriously STFU.

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Some thoughts:

This can't be stressed enough. Young man has zero, zilch, zip, nada in the confidence department. I feel bad for him.

- - - Updated - - -

NDSU fans......

Make me miserable

Truth? You'd be heading to Frisco.

Edit....I had to come back and update this comment. My first reaction was obviously what I posted but after second thought I don't know if it would have been the blowout I initially thought. I have absolutely no confidence in Farley your coach not the player (players awesome) but your coaches probably would find a way to crap that game down your leg. I'd give you the nod in a close game at home. On the road I'd say it's a toss up. Lastly and probably obviously if you can't see it from my comments I think you absolutely have the players to beat them if your coaches namely the HC could get out of his own damn way.

Lehigh'98
December 19th, 2015, 08:36 AM
I don't think you can say UNI would blow out Richmond. UNI can be had, as was proven earlier this year. Seeing what Richmond did to ISU, who has a better offense, but not as good D than UNI, it would be a toss up where the home team is favored.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2015, 08:43 AM
This can't be stressed enough. Young man has zero, zilch, zip, nada in the confidence department. I feel bad for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Truth? You'd be heading to Frisco.

Edit....I had to come back and update this comment. My first reaction was obviously what I posted but after second thought I don't know if it would have been the blowout I initially thought. I have absolutely no confidence in Farley your coach not the player (players awesome) but your coaches probably would find a way to crap that game down your leg. I'd give you the nod in a close game at home. On the road I'd say it's a toss up. Lastly and probably obviously if you can't see it from my comments I think you absolutely have the players to beat them if your coaches namely the HC could get out of his own damn way.

I bet Ben LeCompte will do the FG and X-point kicking in Frisco.

ur2k
December 19th, 2015, 08:49 AM
If UNI would have won, the game would have been in Richmond not in a dome.

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2015, 08:54 AM
If UNI would have won, the game would have been in Richmond not in a dome.
Yeah and if my sister had a pecker and balls she'd be my brother xlolx

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2015, 08:58 AM
I bet Ben LeCompte will do the FG and X-point kicking in Frisco.

LeCompte missed a XP kick. LeCompte had the flu and Peterson was probably aware of that on his kicks. Gives the kicker something extra to be concerned about.

Laker
December 19th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Yeah and if my sister had a pecker and balls she'd be my brother xlolx

http://www.showbiznewz.nl/artikelen/hoofd/foto_34765_bruce-jenner-gaat-kaitlyn-heten.jpg

No_Skill
December 19th, 2015, 09:02 AM
What a game. Had the opportunity to visit with many of the Richmond fans. For the most part it was a clean game. Feel bad for the young man who injured his arm. Looked like a break. Was glad to see him come back out before the game ended.

It was absolutely a broken arm. I don't know what was shown on TV, but from my seat I got a clear view of the young man's forearm pointing about 30 degrees in the wrong direction.

Catsfan90
December 19th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Playing in the Dome aside, Richmond was seriously outmatched. Their O-line was pushed around, their D-line couldn't stop the run to save their lives. And the safety's played easy to far off receivers. So by the time they did get to the ball, those long third down situations had already turned into great first down catches.

The rest of the FCS needs to wake up and see this for what it truly is. NDSU has been seeing the gold bar for years and many teams have ignored it. Watching that game last night and seeing the production you would be hard pressed to figure out whether or not that was FCS or FBS. Their level of play year after year continues to show the rest of the FCS where they need to be. We can't make anymore excuses.

ST_Lawson
December 19th, 2015, 09:08 AM
I don't know what was shown on TV

Thankfully not much (at least, streaming on ESPN app). Not even sure they were back from the commercials yet. I looked up and he was already down being looked at. Announcers kinda described it a bit, but said they would not be showing the replay...thankfully.

Winindy
December 19th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Thoughts from being in the dome for this one:

Pregame- My facial hair froze up getting gas on my last stop in Fergus Falls at the Big Chief. Wasn't sure what tailgating would be like with the cold. Tailgating lot was still packed and partying. A lot of fun.

Richmond Fan section is sparse. A Bison fan walked over to their section and shook hands and greeted all of them on by one. It didn't take him long to finish. Looked like 25 about fans. Also looked like some Bison fans found tickets in their section.

Richmond came out of the tunnel just before the lights went out and stood in the corner of the end zone waiting to run out. Just as they gathered, the lights went out and they stood watching the hype video and countdown to the tunnel run. I would have left them in the locker room. The NDSU pregame is unlike anything I've seen in the FCS. Amazing.

The crowd was incredibly loud (surprise). I was in a box and could talk to people around me when Richmond had the ball, but we had to lean in and speak up quite a bit. I don't know how you'd hear on the open field being the focal point of 18,000 people screaming. The "pop" of the crowd when Green was leveled in the backfield on Richmond's first play was awesome. I think it was louder on the sack.

NDSU's defense was exceptional in the first half. They play fast. They did make some mistakes, but Richmond couldn't capitalize. DeLuca is a stud. He moves sideline to sideline well. The d-line play was great.

Stick looked like he was late throwing the field side out all game. If Richmond could have gotten one of those, it would have been a pick 6 and it might have been a spark. But other than that, he looked well throwing the ball. I think he was 6 of 7 for 73 on the first few drives.

Watching Pederson warm up during halftime, he looked pretty good. Hit the back of the net from 50 on 4 of the 5 or so attempts. One was a floundering hook. I think this kid will be ok. He's got a good leg and can hit it well, but I'd shelf him for the rest of the year.

Kyle Lauletta was great at extending the play. NDSU's down linemen were dominating, but Lauletta moved really well. He put a lot of air under the ball. A lot of times, too much air.

The PI's in the 2nd half: The replay screens in the dome are not good, but it looked like all of them but the last one were good calls. The last one looked like the WR ran an out and the QB tossed and out and up. It was hard to see. Home crowd would boo any PI flag.

The drive to end the 3rd quarter and take 9 minutes off the 4th was an old school Bison grinder. At the end of that drive, with just over 6 minutes left the PA started blaring Alabama's "If your Gonna play in Texas". The crowd went wild and broke out into an all out party.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Do the bison faithful ever get tired of this?
Nope :D

Catsfan90
December 19th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Nope :D
Ha-ha didn't think so :p! Hopefully other teams pay better attention and learn what level they need to be on

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Ha-ha didn't think so :p! Hopefully other teams pay better attention and learn what level they need to be on

I was talking to someone last night about this. The Bison may have some inherent advantages but nothing that isn't shared by other teams.

There are plenty of schools out west that don't have a lot of competition for recruiting and fan engagement. NDSU just seems to take it more seriously.

Oh, and to the people who think the NCAA should investigate us. One of our best players is a walk on from the Brainerd Lakes area. We work harder on the recruiting trail, in the weight and film room, period

UNIFanSince1983
December 19th, 2015, 09:48 AM
The problem is the Bizon are so good at what they do. The play physical football. They grind you out on offense. On defense the swarm to the ball and don't miss tackles. They rarely make mistakes and beat themselves. The defense gets to stay fresh because the offense rarely goes 3 and out. They play a lot like Iowa does. It isn't pretty or fun to watch, but it gets the job done.

Eight Legger
December 19th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Congrats to the Bison, clearly a better team than we were last night. Both of our lines were manhandled, and that was all she wrote. Good luck getting #5!

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Richmond Spotters?

He is the reason why JMU fans have started calling them the Richmond Spatters.
We genuinely look forward to his YouTube videos every single season. It's like Christmas Day when it's posted.

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2015, 10:08 AM
The problem is the Bizon are so good at what they do. The play physical football. They grind you out on offense. On defense the swarm to the ball and don't miss tackles. They rarely make mistakes and beat themselves. The defense gets to stay fresh because the offense rarely goes 3 and out. They play a lot like Iowa does. It isn't pretty or fun to watch, but it gets the job done.
I think it's pretty and fun to watch.

POUND THE ROCK!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Jackal
December 19th, 2015, 10:11 AM
To me this huge. SDSU had a pretty good defense this year but i noticed a ton of missed tackles,especially open field. You watch the Bison and they rarely miss a tackle, they wrap up and there is usually more than one player involved on the tackle.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 19th, 2015, 10:22 AM
So NDSU to the Big 12? LOL...

FBS teams are built on the men in the trenches. NDSU has P5 level line play. I know the resources along with the invite aren't there but the team is.

ming01
December 19th, 2015, 10:34 AM
I rarely post,but I'd also like to commend the Richmond fans I talked to before the game. Great guys, and I hope somehow we can set up a h and h so I get out to Virginia.

Never been to Virginia, I've heard it's a very nice area

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Some of our tailgating crew. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22049&stc=1

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2015, 11:52 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Got to town late then had to pick up my daughter....I need to stop by next year.......or Frisco....xlolx

BearKatProud
December 19th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Hats off Bison...they stacked the deck against your team and you're back in Frisco. It's no accident, great job.

BisonBabe
December 19th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Thoughts from being in the dome for this one:

Richmond Fan section is sparse. A Bison fan walked over to their section and shook hands and greeted all of them on by one. It didn't take him long to finish. Looked like 25 about fans. Also looked like some Bison fans found tickets in their section.

Richmond came out of the tunnel just before the lights went out and stood in the corner of the end zone waiting to run out. Just as they gathered, the lights went out and they stood watching the hype video and countdown to the tunnel run. I would have left them in the locker room. The NDSU pregame is unlike anything I've seen in the FCS. Amazing.

I was one of several fans to visit with the Richmond fans. Handed out chocolate and taffy as I always do at playoff games to the opposing fan base. Took some pictures for them as well. Wished them well hoping for a good game no injuries and leave the zebras out of the equation. I know there were more than 25 of them there guessing more like 75-100

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Hats off Bison...they stacked the deck against your team and you're back in Frisco. It's no accident, great job.

Holy crap....I completely forgot about that. Goodness if we win it all we went through a juggernaut of teams.

Bisonator
December 19th, 2015, 01:01 PM

This is pretty much spot on. Along with what Owl said about the lines. I mean the blue print is right there for the taking but I think the biggest problem with most college coaches are they concentrate too much on going after the next great back or receiver they kind of overlook the line men. IMO the most critical position in football is on the offensive and defensive line. You need the right combination of size, mobility and most of all technique to dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball. If you do that the game is mostly won. Not saying our other players aren't good because they are but if you're not good at the point of attack those guys can't shine anyway.

There are a few teams at this level that mold pretty good lines on both sides of the ball. It's no coincidence that quite a few of those are in the MVFC and give NDSU the best games. If the rest of FCS wants to compete they need to start there IMO. Look for guys that FBS teams don't want to take time to develop. Guys with a chip and a work ethic to last. Get those guys in your program and mold them.

MacThor
December 19th, 2015, 02:01 PM
That doesn't seem like a "problem" ;)

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Some of our tailgating crew. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22049&stc=1

Guy in the yellow hair cap sit in section next to us.

Southern Bison
December 19th, 2015, 05:17 PM
What a great game to be back in Fargo to see! Thanks to IBY for the tailgate invite & Bisonoline's gumbo was fantastic. Ran into my old RA, TransAmBison from Bisonville as well.

Thanks again for the hospitality!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jsnow84
December 19th, 2015, 07:04 PM
So NDSU to the Big 12? LOL...

FBS teams are built on the men in the trenches. NDSU has P5 level line play. I know the resources along with the invite aren't there but the team is.

Hey, if Coastal is FBS ready, NDSU might be too good for the Big 12. :)