PDA

View Full Version : Semi's: Richmond @ N D S U

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Houndawg
December 13th, 2015, 06:22 PM
I don't blame you, Wentz is a much more polished passer who will likely be starting on Sundays in the next few years. However, Stick is no slouch. You might be surprised to find out that Stick has a higher passer efficiency rating at 155.2 than Lauletta at 150.8.

I liked what I saw besides the losing part... He reminds me of former Saluki QB Paul McIntosh. Not a bad passer at all but its overshadowed by his running which is very good.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Please.Such nonsense.It's always better and more ego boosting to play such powerhouses as Missouri State and West Illinois at home.Always good to pad stats on both sides of the ball by playing the Little Sisters of the Poor.
NDSU's strength of schedule is better than Richmond by every metric out there (Saharan, Massey, etc) despite the fact that Richmond played Maryland. NDSU played 3 Big Sky teams OOC that all had winning records at the end of the year. The only "cupcake" NDSU played all year was Missouri St.

32counter
December 13th, 2015, 06:28 PM
You mean the WestERN Illinois team that made the playoffs and won a playoff game?
Can't wait to hear the strength of schedule argument.

At 6-5 West Illinois was last team in and beat mighty Dayton of the non scholarship Pioneer Football league in the first round.A number of Richmond high schools could beat Dayton.

THE HERD
December 13th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Honestly, this Richmond team doesn't look any better than either of the Georgia Southern teams that came to Fargo, or the Coastal/SDSU teams from last year. Four right there, others can put their $.02 in but just my recollections.

And this UNI team that the Bison handled today is definitely in the discussion too.

Wofford had a hell of a team that came in the dome. 14-7 was final I believe......their D was stout and their Rb Breitenstein or whatever was a load!

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Please.Such nonsense.It's always better and more ego boosting to play such powerhouses as Missouri State and West Illinois at home.Always good to pad stats on both sides of the ball by playing the Little Sisters of the Poor.
Kinda the same type of ego boosting, moral victory you get from giving up 50 to the worst team in the Big Ten. Oh wait they did beat Rutgers

dewey
December 13th, 2015, 06:42 PM
At 6-5 West Illinois was last team in and beat mighty Dayton of the non scholarship Pioneer Football league in the first round.A number of Richmond high schools could beat Dayton.

If you want to bring up cupcakes in the conference, which NDSU can do nothing about, don't forget the juggernaut of Rhode Island and Elon. Also if you want to talk about OOC schedules and beat your chest with Maryland don't forget Hampton and VMI.

Now if you would rather talk about the game itself that would be great.

Dewey

Bisonator
December 13th, 2015, 06:43 PM

Still better then those CAA powerhouses (Albany and Rhode Island) you guys beat up on. I don't think you want to go down this road.xlolx

CommishBigSmooth
December 13th, 2015, 06:45 PM

WestERN got in and won a game. That's more than a lot of teams can say.
Let's talk about that pretty killer non-conference Richmond played. Down double digits to a mid-level MEAC squad and squeaked out a three-point win, and pounding a bottom-feeder SoCon team. And FYI, UNI's Sagarin rating was higher than Maryland's.

CommishBigSmooth
December 13th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Wofford had a hell of a team that came in the dome. 14-7 was final I believe......their D was stout and their Rb Breitenstein or whatever was a load!

Grant Olson's 29 tackle game. An amazing defensive effort.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Just decided to crush a Red Bull so I could keep awake through a replay of yesterday's game. Interesting stat. UNI's run pass mix in the 5 games leading up until yesterday was 80-20.

swaghook
December 13th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Just decided to crush a Red Bull so I could keep awake through a replay of yesterday's game. Interesting stat. UNI's run pass mix in the 5 games leading up until yesterday was 80-20.

There is a an old saying "If it works keep doing it until they can stop it". UNI had a 2 headed monster of a run game and it was working for them. NDSU just was the team to stop them.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 07:13 PM
There is a an old saying "If it works keep doing it until they can stop it". UNI had a 2 headed monster of a run game and it was working for them. NDSU just was the team to stop them.
Stop trying to get these idiots to understand that one dimensional teams can still be good teams. They think cause they're average at both they have a better chance. I really can't wait until next Friday night about 10 pm central time when the crow goes on their tables for a late night snack.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 07:16 PM

It really doesn't speak well to the competition they played since they saw you in October. That includes most of the MoVall, the OVC runner up and the best team in the Big
Sky. Geez.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Stop trying to get these idiots to understand

I thought it would take until mid week, at least, before you nice Midwesterners broke into name calling. Boy was I wrong.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 07:20 PM
It really doesn't speak well to the competition they played since they saw you in October. That includes most of the MoVall, the OVC runner up and the best team in the Big
Sky. Geez.
Their competition was much better than what RU played. Why is that so hard to understand?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it would take until mid week, at least, before you nice Midwesterners broke into name calling. Boy was I wrong.
I thought you eastern girls had thick skin. Guess not

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Their competition was much better than what RU played. Why is that so hard to understand?

Computers don't play football. Young men do. Young men that can't complete many passes, in UNI's case.

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Looks like the sensitivity from ISUr fans has rubbed off on Richmond fans. Wow xbawlingx

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Computers don't play football. Young men do. Young men that can't complete many passes, in UNI's case.
When it comes to football computers are right a lot more than they're wrong.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 07:25 PM
You guys are right. A special kind of toughness is required to call people idiots on an anonymous message board. And I just don't have it.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Looks like the sensitivity from ISUr fans has rubbed off on Richmond fans. Wow xbawlingx
No kidding. My co workers out east have thick skin unlike here. Geez

Bisonator
December 13th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Is it all about the passing game for you? For your info Montana had a pretty stout passing attack. I'm surprised you haven't blurted out the southern speed thing yet!

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 07:26 PM
You guys are right. A special kind of toughness is required to call people idiots on an anonymous message board. And I just don't have it.
Sometimes it's the only way to get through to some of you ✌

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Sometimes it's the only way to get through to some of you ✌

Al Bailey is Cam Newton.

Satisfied?

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 13th, 2015, 07:34 PM
xpopcornx This is entertaining. Keep it up. xnodx

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Line opens NoDak State -13.5.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Line opens NoDak State -13.5.
Damn computers
Would have been -16 but RU is two dimensional

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 13th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Food for thought.... Here is Richmonds Attendance for the year for Wikipedia

Only 2 games this year heave they played with a crowd over 10,000 fans. None of which were in a dome.

Date Time Opponent Result Attendance
September 5 noon at Maryland L 21–50 38,117
September 12 noon at Hampton W 31–28 3,515
September 19 6:00 pm VMI W 42–10 8,700
October 3 3:30 pm Maine W 48–17 7,228
October 10 3:30 pm Elon W 27–14 8,216
October 17 noon at Rhode Island W 37–12 6,143
October 24 3:30 pm at #4 James Madison W 59–49 26,069
October 31 3:30 pm Albanydagger W 38–31 8,475
November 7 7:00 pm at New Hampshire L 25–30 4,992
November 14 3:30 pm at Villanova L 20–21 6,211
November 21 noon #7 William & Mar W 20–9 8,700
December 5 noon #13 William & Mary W 48–13 7,277 (FCS Playoffs Second Round) ESPN3
December 11 7:30 pm at #4 Illinois State W 39–27 5,356 (FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals) ESPN3
December 18 8:00 pm at #2 North Dakota State ? ? (FCS Playoffs Semifinals) ESPN2

From Bisonville.....Onceabison.

32counter
December 13th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Why didn't the NDSU team play Illinois State this year?Was the Missouri Valey commish protecting you from a loss in Normal,ILL?Was that a deal obviously cut between the commish and your AD before the schedules were issued.Why would he do that?Spiders don't have such luck with our scheduling process but we understand why you wouldn't want to play contemporaneously both ISU and UNI during the regular season.You played UNI at your oversized airplane hanger,didn't you?

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 07:38 PM
You guys and your crowd analysis would make fast friends with VCU basketball fans.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Why didn't the NDSU team play Illinois State this year?Was the Missouri Valey commish protecting you from a loss in Normal,ILL?Was that a deal obviously cut between the commish and your AD before the schedules were issued.Why would he do that?Spiders don't have such luck with our scheduling process but we understand why you wouldn't want to play contemporaneously both ISU and UNI during the regular season.You played UNI at your oversized airplane hanger,didn't you?
For the same reason you skipped 3 of the so called tough teams in your conf

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 07:42 PM
We play at their hanger every other year

Bisonator
Oh FFS do we need to go over that again? Same reason you guys didn't play Stoney Brook or UD. With 10 teams we rotate one out every 2 years.

Wilson16
You guys and your crowd analysis would make fast friends with VCU basketball fans.
Has VCU ever won anything?
i bet your coach references the crowd/atmosphere in his new conf

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 07:46 PM

I can't believe I'm taking up for them but their Final 4 in 2011 made them more money and recognition than the annual migration of 15,000 Natural Light slugging Bizon to North Texas ever has.

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2015, 07:47 PM

Please come to the dome. If you can't, watch the replay of UNI VS NDSU. Even the announcers were talking about how it was hard to hear each other even with their headsets. WaGriz and The Thunderdome are probably the 2 loudest stadiums in the FCS. Playing at both as a road team is not easy.

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome," Monken said. "There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level."

For a coach who was there 2x and knew the adversity he was up agains the 2nd time around, I'd take his word. Classy coach.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 07:47 PM

Agree.

(It is impressive, FWIW)

Eight Legger
December 13th, 2015, 07:48 PM
I think it's obvious that NDSU has played a more difficult schedule, and the results are more favorable too. But this is a Richmond team that most of us expected would go 6-5 at best in the summer. I think the team played that way against Maryland and Hampton, too. But since those games, it's gotten better and better every week and developed a lot of confidence along the way. Remember, Lauletta had never started a game until this season, so it took him a little while to get settled and took the rest of our team a few games to figure out what exactly it was.

NDSU hasn't really needed a learning curve. When you win 4 titles in a row, everyone pretty much comes in expecting to win another one and it's part of the culture. Until our taste of the playoffs last year, none of these guys had experienced that. Our playoff runs surrounding our national title year were distant memories – different players and different staff. So we had to rebuild things to get back to this level, and now we're here. I would submit that we are a much different team than the one that played Maryland and Hampton.

BisoNick
December 13th, 2015, 07:50 PM

Yup. All just one big conspiracy. You figured it out.

There is a rotation where a team will not play someone in the conference for a 2 year span. The last two years happened to be Illinois State. I believe the two years before that was either Youngstown or Western Illinois.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 07:51 PM

Wow I have read a lot of stupid posts, but congrats you beat them all.

Eight Legger
December 13th, 2015, 07:51 PM
I can't believe I'm taking up for them but their Final 4 in 2011 made them more money and recognition than the annual migration of 15,000 Natural Light slugging Bizon to North Texas ever has.

For that, I'm officially banning you from this discussion for the rest of time.

Bisonator
December 13th, 2015, 07:52 PM
I think it's obvious that NDSU has played a more difficult schedule, and the results are more favorable too. But this is a Richmond team that most of us expected would go 6-5 at best in the summer. I think the team played that way against Maryland and Hampton, too. But since those games, it's gotten better and better every week and developed a lot of confidence along the way. Remember, Lauletta had never started a game until this season, so it took him a little while to get settled and took the rest of our team a few games to figure out what exactly it was.

NDSU hasn't really needed a learning curve. When you win 4 titles in a row, everyone pretty much comes in expecting to win another one and it's part of the culture. Until our taste of the playoffs last year, none of these guys had experienced that. Our playoff runs surrounding our national title year were distant memories – different players and different staff. So we had to rebuild things to get back to this level, and now we're here. I would submit that we are a much different team than the one that played Maryland and Hampton.
Couldn't agree more. And NDSU is a much different team now then when they played Montana to start the year too. Both teams are playing some great football.

PS you seem like one of the more reasonable Spider fans. xthumbsupx

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Ha ha really? I forgot about that. They beat some higher seeds that year before the final four didn't they? Can't believe they didn't go all the way cause in the elite 8 they won a game against a higher seed.

Bisonator
December 13th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Ha ha really? I forgot about that. They beat some higher seeds that year before the final four didn't they? Can't believe they didn't go all the way cause in the elite 8 they won a game against a higher seed.

Sick burn! xlolx

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 07:57 PM

They beat a 1 seed - Kansas.

Lord, I need a shower.

F'N Hawks
December 13th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Line is NDSU -13.5

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:00 PM
They beat a 1 seed - Kansas.

Lord, I need a shower.
Then why didn't they win it all? You guys beat the #2 seed in I'll St so NDSU shouldn't have a chance. That's the logic you guys keep spewing out on here

URMite
December 13th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Did we forget to mention our entire team is deaf and only communicates with sign language?

Still..this week we are practicing while live mortar shells land on the field to simulate the dome noise.:D

32counter
December 13th, 2015, 08:04 PM
For the same reason you skipped 3 of the so called tough teams in your conf

Mr Wilson

Dont mean to dumb down the written conversation response but StonyBrook,Delaware and Towson-the 3 CAA teams that UR didn't play-were nowhere this season.Always better to do your homework,you know that certain thing that you usually do before you respond to the written or spoken word.We'll work with you on that issue in the future,nevertheless.Now we understand.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Then why didn't they win it all? You guys beat the #2 seed in I'll St so NDSU shouldn't have a chance. That's the logic you guys keep spewing out on here

Who did? I already stated that I think we'll lose this game some pages ago.

Impressive that we're up to 300 posts and it's not Monday yet, BTW.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Mr Wilson

Dont mean to dumb down the written conversation response but StonyBrook,Delaware and Towson-the 3 CAA teams that UR didn't play-were nowhere this season.Always better to do your homework,you know that certain thing that you usually do before you respond to the written or spoken word.We'll work with you on that issue in the future,nevertheless.Now we understand.
Speaking of homework. NDSU by 13.5 that's a pretty big spread over abeam that just beat I'll st huh? ��

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Mr Wilson

I bet you're in the band.

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 08:08 PM
It does not matter who wins JSU has the best team and are going to win it all anyways. xrolleyesx

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Who did? I already stated that I think we'll lose this game some pages ago.

Impressive that we're up to 300 posts and it's not Monday yet, BTW.
This is not even close to Georgia Southern for posts. You need to step it up

- - - Updated - - -

Only a band member we say that

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2015, 08:10 PM
When you hit a couple hundred posts, you can become relevant (& hopefully educated in FCS football).

The CAA has a bigger share of cupcakes (Elon, Albany, URI, Maine) than the MVFC.

When you hit a couple hundred posts, you can become relevant (& hopefully educated in FCS football).

The CAA has their share of cupcakes (Elon, Albany, URI, Maine)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 08:10 PM
Is Richmond a fast team?

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Is Richmond a fast team?
Crazy eastern speed

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 13th, 2015, 08:15 PM

Clearly not very worldly when it comes to cheap beers. The east coast drinks Natty light while the northern crap beer of choice is Keystone... Rookie

32counter
December 13th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Speaking of homework. NDSU by 13.5 that's a pretty big spread over abeam that just beat I'll st huh? 😃

How much was ILL State favored over UR?

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Clearly not very worldly when it comes to cheap beers. The east coast drinks Natty light while the northern crap beer of choice is Keystone... Rookie
Nice!

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 08:17 PM
You are embarassing yourself.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:18 PM
11 ish

32counter
December 13th, 2015, 08:18 PM

The CAA has a bigger share of cupcakes (Elon, Albany, URI, Maine) than the MVFC.

The CAA has their share of cupcakes (Elon, Albany, URI, Maine)

Dayton would lose to at least 6 Richmond area high schools that I'm aware.It wouldn't be close.

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2015, 08:19 PM
I knew I was classy...I drink the High Life!

32counter
December 13th, 2015, 08:19 PM
You are embarassing yourself.

What's correlation between Archie Bunker and you?Pretty cool analogy.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Is Richmond a fast team?

JMU is the fastest team in the CAA. I'd say we're probably next behind them.

From a top end speed standpoint, I think David Jones is one of the fastest guys we've ever had.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 08:21 PM
11 ish

I believe it opened at 14.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:23 PM
I believe it opened at 14.
What was closing? Either way has nothing to do with this game

Catsfan90
December 13th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Pulling for Richmond and the CAA here. This will be monumental if they can pull this off, and it will bring something great to such a dissapointing conference season. Get it done!

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 08:25 PM
What was closing? Either way has nothing to do with this game

Great point. I think the one that counter was making.

I think it closed at 12.

URMite
December 13th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Speaking of homework. NDSU by 13.5 that's a pretty big spread over abeam that just beat I'll st huh? 
What was the spread before the Illinois ST? Anything similar?

Edit:I type slow so this conversation continued without me...but the connection between the spread last time and the spread this time is that it was made by many of the same people (unless there was a lot of turnover in the gambling community)

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Great point. I think the one that counter was making.

I think it closed at 12.
not sure that a the point he was making. Pretty sure it was since iil St was favored by a lot and lost the same thing will happen this week

centennial
December 13th, 2015, 08:30 PM
This thread is such a train wreck. I had some x and o thoughts. I even watched the Richmond game again last night. I think I am going to waste my time. Carry on mud slinging.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:32 PM
This thread is such a train wreck. I had some x and o thoughts. I even watched the Richmond game again last night. I think I am going to waste my time. Carry on mud slinging.
You were scouting weren't you. Is the spread correct based on your what you saw

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 08:32 PM

You should ask. I'm interested in it, no sarcasm.

swaghook
December 13th, 2015, 08:33 PM
They just need to get it out of their systems. It's sometimes fun to read the back and forth. At the end of the day/game it will be decided on the field this is just a way to pass the time until 7pm on Friday.

dewey
December 13th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Wasn't the Richmond game Friday night? Carry on

It was on replay last night IIRC.

Centennial what are your X's and O's observations? I would actually like to talk about the game.

Dewey

UNHWildcat18
December 13th, 2015, 08:34 PM
This whole thread should be on r/circlejerk lol

32counter
December 13th, 2015, 08:34 PM

A former UR mediocre student that scored 1400(out of 1600)on the SAT,who could buy and sell you many,many times over.Threw the javelin if you're wondering.Anything else?

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:36 PM
They just need to get it out of their systems. It's sometimes fun to read the back and forth. At the end of the day/game it will be decided on the field this is just a way to pass the time until 7pm on Friday.
Bingo. Life is too short to be so serious. Lighten up

- - - Updated - - -

A former UR mediocre student that scored 1400(out of 1600)on the SAT,who could buy and sell you many,many times over.Threw the javelin if you're wondering.Anything else?
Oh oh. He already went to the I'm richer than you are

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 08:37 PM

We can do both.

Here are my thoughts after watching more of the Bizon this evening:

-I think our O line matches up fine with your defensive front. Lauletta will have time and we'll keep you honest enough with the run.
-I think we'll look to make Stick beat us with his arm. Plan changes if Wentz plays.
-You'll win the game because of a big special teams play or two. And the 3-4 false starts will have us behind the chains more than we're used to being.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Hey are you that guy from revenge of the nerds that thru the javelin??? Can I have your autograph

32counter
December 13th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Bingo. Life is too short to be so serious. Lighten up

- - - Updated - - -

Oh oh. He already went to the I'm richer than you are

Honesty is by far the best policy.Richer and Smarter(which you left out).

KPSUL
December 13th, 2015, 08:43 PM

No way would anyone who had played a Maine team ever call them a "cupcake".

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Honesty is by far the best policy.Richer and Smarter(which you left out).
Smarter NO way richer very debatable

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2015, 08:45 PM
No way would anyone who had played a Maine team ever call them a "cupcake".
Sure...but apparently SoDak, Western Ill, & So. Illinois are unless you played them (or know how to read Sagarin and other rankings)

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 08:47 PM
There were alot of cupcakes in the CAA this year and Maine was definitely one of them.

32counter
December 13th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Hey are you that guy from revenge of the nerds that thru the javelin??? Can I have your autograph

Nope.But that would have been cool.Send me a request for a signature and the request will be proceesed in due course.Include a mailing address.You'll be shocked as most folks usually are.

Bisonoline
December 13th, 2015, 08:50 PM

For some one with such a high score you certainly arent very smart. Did you really just post this? Or was it one of your very immature acquaintances?
Please say it was the latter.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Nope.But that would have been cool.Send me a request for a signature and the request will be proceesed in due course.Include a mailing address.You'll be shocked as most folks usually are.
Shocked like I was about Bruce Jenner ?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Dayton would lose to at least 6 Richmond area high schools that I'm aware.It wouldn't be close.

Keep believing that....xlolx

I'm sure those high schools would roll the Bison also.

URMite
Just be glad that our fan who was the basis for Dan Akroyd in Trading Places is only a basketball fan and not a football one...

32counter
Smarter NO way richer very debatable

Let's debate it.We can take the propositions either in parallel or in series.Your choosing.Do your homework before you begin.Once you start you could get quite technical and even use BIG words,if you so desire.Have at it.Show us your stuff.

Southern Bison
I would tell 32counter to shove his javelin up his ass but if he's really Lamar, he'd enjoy it.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Just be glad that our fan who was the basis for Dan Akroyd in Trading Places is only a basketball fan and not a football one...
We're all happy for you..... And him I guess

- - - Updated - - -

I would tell 32counter to shove his javelin up his ass but if he's really Lamar, he'd enjoy it.

He's really rich remember? He pays people tondo that for him ��

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Let's debate it.We can take the propositions either in parallel or in series.Your choosing.Do your homework before you begin.Once you start you could get quite technical and even use BIG words,if you so desire.Have at it.Show us your stuff.
You mean semantics? Holy crap

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 13th, 2015, 08:58 PM
xpopcornxxpopcornx

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Keep believing that....xlolx

I'm sure those high schools would roll the Bison also.

Dayton is bad. Using the Leathernecks win over them to justify conference strength is a real stretch.

Highland Springs won the 5A State Championship yesterday. Just sayin'.

URMite
December 13th, 2015, 09:02 PM
We're all happy for you..... And him I guess

- -

Just trying to get you to picture most of our fans that way. So you will see who you are trying to argue with, and why it is going the way that it is...
https://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/louis-winthorpe-iii.jpg

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2015, 09:02 PM
All this "I'm smarter and richer" talk is bringing back such good memories of TheFan's rants in November/December 2011. I'm hoping we can get some litigation threatened and some assets frozen by Friday.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Dayton is bad. Using the Leathernecks win over them to justify conference strength is a real stretch.

Who was using it to justify conf strength? Seems it's mostly RU folks using it to slam the strength of the valley

URMite
December 13th, 2015, 09:05 PM
All this "I'm smarter and richer" talk is bringing back such good memories of TheFan's rants in November/December 2011. I'm hoping we can get some litigation threatened and some assets frozen by Friday.
Now that is an idea... Someone should threaten to buy the FargoDome outright in the morning and close it. Forcing the venue to change...xlolx

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Who was using it to justify conf strength? Seems it's mostly RU folks using it to slam the strength of the valley

Many pages ago, one of yours referred to WIU as a team that 'won a playoff game' to further justify the conference's strength. Very weak sauce.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 09:06 PM

You making **** up or what?

Yep, Virginia high school champs would roll the Bison. Man, you must have some tough SOBs out there.

Boy, the Bison better forfeit this game because they cannot compete with the monster that is east coast football.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Just trying to get you to picture most of our fans that way. So you will see who you are trying to argue with, and why it is going the way that it is...
https://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/louis-winthorpe-iii.jpg
What? You can't argue with supposed rich people? I know a lot of stupid rich people. If you want to introduce me to some more I guess I'm down with that

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Now that is an idea... Someone should threaten to buy the FargoDome outright in the morning and close it. Forcing the venue to change...xlolx

Call Queally. He did it with 2 of our own sports...

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:08 PM
You making **** up or what?

Yep, Virginia high school champs would roll the Bison. Man, you must have some tough SOBs out there.

Boy, the Bison better forfeit this game because they cannot compete with the monster that is east coast football.

Where did I say any of this?

Wilson16
Many pages ago, one of yours referred to WIU as a team that 'won a playoff game' to further justify the conference's strength. Very weak sauce.
They won a game they were supposed to,win. Just like Richmond will this weekend xnodx

WTFCollegefootballfan

That was a fan from another team.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:10 PM
That was a fan from another team.

Fair enough. All of you farm boys smell the same.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2015, 09:11 PM
This banter also really accents how different these two schools are. Richmond is an east coast private liberal arts/law school and NDSU is the Midwest state land-grant ag school.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Where did I say any of this?

One of your own saying 6 area Richmond high schools would beat Dayton, inferring that Western Illinois' win was a poor one.

32counter

Seems like most you Richmond guys want to talk sh** instead of the x/o s of the game. Fine. Turn it into a **** show....

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 09:12 PM
This banter also really accents how different these two schools are. Richmond is an east coast private liberal arts/law school and NDSU is the Midwest state land-grant ag school.
Can you live longer without a lawyer or a farmer ?

KPSUL
December 13th, 2015, 09:13 PM
There were alot of cupcakes in the CAA this year and Maine was definitely one of them.

Cupcake is a stupid term, I don't use it. But if you insist on using it, it certainly shouldn't be used to describe a team that may have had the best D in the conference this season and won the Conference Championship two years ago and has beaten the mighty Spiders 3 out of the last 4 games. Save it for teams that loose a clear majority of their games year after year for more than 5 years. URI is the only CAA team that qualifies since Elon and Albany haven't been in the conference that long.

In responses to Southern Bison, I would describe SD, WIU and SIU as solid FCS programs, certainly not "cupcakes"

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 09:13 PM

Tree huggers vs hard working rural kids

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 09:14 PM
One of your own saying 6 area Richmond high schools would beat Dayton, inferring that Western Illinois' win was a poor one.

32counter

Seems like most you Richmond guys want to talk sh** instead of the x/o s of the game. Fine. Turn it into a **** show....
Careful. 32 counter has cash

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Careful. 32 counter has cash

Maybe he can buy himself/herself a clue......xlolx

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Did Richmond fans drink whatever ISUr fans were drinking? This is quite entertaining to watch.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:19 PM

32counter

Well, Do you think it was a good win?

I talked x's and o's several pages ago and there were no responses.

Talk x's and o's... go.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Cupcake is a stupid term, I don't use it. But if you insist on using it, it certainly shouldn't be used to describe a team that may have had the best D in the conference this season and won the Conference Championship two years ago. Save it for teams that loose a clear majority of their games year after year for more than 5 years. URI is the only CAA team that qualifies since Elon and Albany haven't been in the conference that long.

In responses to Southern Bison, I would describe SD, WIU and SIU as solid FCS programs, certainly not "cupckakes"

Fair enough.

This year's edition of the Maine Bears was a very weak one. Fair?

URMite
December 13th, 2015, 09:22 PM

32counter

I'll be back when the second part changes...

But as to the first part I will say I thought most of NDSU fans would agree the PFL is not a strong conference.

32counter
December 13th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Maybe he can buy himself/herself a clue......xlolx

I have a ton of people who work for me and their job is to offer business insights everyday.Let me ask them tomorrow at the Monday staff meeting about offering me some clues for this esteemed thread.Please.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 09:25 PM

Talk x's and o's... go.

Posts from me:

Quick catch up:

Richmond has a good mix of pass/run and that will challenge the Bison defense. This Bison defense will be the best defense Richmond will have faced this year.

Both teams have similar offensive numbers in terms of points scored and total yards. The difference between the 2 teams is in the defenses.

32counter
December 13th, 2015, 09:26 PM

32counter

Implying not not inferring for proper usage.Yes,6 area Richmond high schools could beat Dayton.Is that clear enough?

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 09:27 PM

Talk x's and o's... go.
Bison are bigger, stronger and just as fast as Richmond. They will force the QB, who played very well the other night out of his comfort zone resulting in at least two turnovers. This along with 3 + false starts will result in RU fighting bad field position most of the game and a Double digit bison victory. Yes anything can happen and I will be the first to come on here and congratulate the Spiders if they win but it won't happen. Too much power and depth.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I have a ton of people who work for me and their job is to offer business insights everyday.Let me ask them tomorrow at the Monday staff meeting about offering me some clues for this esteemed thread.Please.

Good for you.

With those vast resources, come to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Implying not not inferring for proper usage.Yes,6 area Richmond high schools could beat Dayton.Is that clear enough?

xlolx

Keep going!

xlolx

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 09:31 PM
Good plan. You could use the help. BTW how many people are in a ton cause that seems like a lot to have in one staff meeting.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Bison are bigger, stronger and just as fast as Richmond. They will force the QB, who played very well the other night out of his comfort zone resulting in at least two turnovers. This along with 3 + false starts will result in RU fighting bad field position most of the game and a Double digit bison victory. Yes anything can happen and I will be the first to come on here and congratulate the Spiders if they win but it won't happen. Too much power and depth.

Bison 38-13

BigHouseClosedEnd
We are talking a minimum eight-peat.

Posts from me:

Quick catch up:

Richmond has a good mix of pass/run and that will challenge the Bison defense. This Bison defense will be the best defense Richmond will have faced this year.

Both teams have similar offensive numbers in terms of points scored and total yards. The difference between the 2 teams is in the defenses.

I agree with most of that.

From a style and personnel grouping standpoint, I believe William and Mary is the CAA team that most closely resembles the Bison. NoDak St having a much better OL and a better QB, no matter which one plays. I think William and Mary RB's are very comparable to yours and you dont appear to have anyone as explosive as Dedmon.

We did OK with William and Mary.

Christiank22
December 13th, 2015, 09:34 PM

From a style and personnel grouping standpoint, I believe William and Mary is the CAA team that most closely resembles the Bison. NoDak St having a much better OL and a better QB, no matter which one plays. I think William and Mary RB's are very comparable to yours and you dont appear to have anyone as explosive as Dedmon.

Explosive? Ever heard of a guy named Bruce?

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Will you ask before or after you go in to empty the trash can?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 09:37 PM

W & M traditionally has good defenses.

Richmond is no slouch, they are a very good team.

NDSU is a totally different animal compared to CAA teams during this "run" the Bison have. Now, could Richmond win this game? Sure they could....the Bison got beat by a very mediocre USD team this year. It will take a 4 quarter effort from Richmond to win the game.....no turnovers and create some for themselves.

The Bison are going to ground and pound and mix in the short passing game...then play very good defense and play the field position game with our AA punter.

NDSU has won the last 4 titles by playing very good defense and this year's version has been playing at that level.

I'm looking forward to this match up.

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 09:37 PM

I would day Bruce is explosive, but if the only game you saw was the UNI I can see why you would say that.

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 09:39 PM
I don't think some people understand that when NDSU gets the lead they almost always try and shorten the game. They don't put up a lot of points because they usually don't have to.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Explosive? Ever heard of a guy named Bruce?

I didn't see much in the way of passing and white guys seemed to be catching most of the balls when there was. Clue me in.

Christiank22
December 13th, 2015, 09:42 PM
I didn't see much in the way of passing and white guys seemed to be catching most of the balls when there was. Clue me in.

Umm what....?

CommishBigSmooth

Wow. Did you really just go there?

Wilson16
Thank God I'm not white or I would be offended by that

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 09:43 PM

Not the best post here.....xsmhx

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 09:43 PM

Wow xrolleyesx

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:45 PM

I am and I'm slow too.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 13th, 2015, 09:46 PM

Or Dunn?

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 09:47 PM
I am and I'm slow too.
Well that's a given

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 09:48 PM
I am and I'm slow too.

Who told you that?

BisonBacker
December 13th, 2015, 09:49 PM
What struck me watching the ISU Richmond game was also something I saw when NDSU played Montana at the beginning of the year and something that I don't think they are going to be able to match again. What is that you ask? Watching Richmonds QB make passes that had to be perfect and also had to have the receiver make a perfect catch. Not only once either but on multiple 3rd down conversion attempts. Could it be done again? Sure but will it? Not likely. Montana did it to NDSU once and our D has come together. Like UNI they may get one in over our D but not over and over and over again like Richmond did to ISU.

I think the game will be closer than some NDSU fans are thinking but I was more worried about UNI last week. Watching what Richmond did to ISU got my attention and I am impressed no doubt. Think it'll be a good game. Just don't think Richmond's QB and receivers can replicate that perfect storm like they did with ISU.

BigHouseClosedEnd
Who told you that?

The stop watch doesn't lie.

Wilson16
Now I know what they meant when he said he wanted make sure we knew what kind of people we were arguing with. Wow just Wow

BisonFan02

I am and I'm slow too.

Wow....this thread REALLY went there? oh boy....

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:50 PM
What struck me watching the ISU Richmond game was also something I saw when NDSU played Montana at the beginning of the year and something that I don't think they are going to be able to match again. What is that you ask? Watching Richmonds QB make passes that had to be perfect and also had to have the receiver make a perfect catch. Not only once either but on multiple 3rd down conversion attempts. Could it be done again? Sure but will it? Not likely. Montana did it to NDSU once and our D has come together. Like UNI they may get one in over our D but not over and over and over again like Richmond did to ISU.

I think the game will be closer than some NDSU fans are thinking but I was more worried about UNI last week. Watching what Richmond did to ISU got my attention and I am impressed no doubt. Think it'll be a good game. Just don't think Richmond's QB and receivers can replicate that perfect storm like they did with ISU.

Fair points. We did have a ridiculously good 3rd down conversion rate all year, but fair.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 09:51 PM
The stop watch doesn't lie.
Is this the crazy eastern speed we should be worried about? I guess we'll know which fast guys to watch out for in your away jerseys huh?

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 13th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Richmond fans, How many of you are traveling to Fargo?

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 09:52 PM
If Richmond can stay balanced to keep the NDSU D guessing they definitely could win.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Now I know what they meant when he said he wanted make sure we knew what kind of people we were arguing with. Wow just Wow

I thought we were supposed to be the sensitive ones. Perhaps you've been canoodling with the ISU birds too much.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 09:53 PM
I pretty stupid was Virginia a rebel state?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2015, 09:54 PM

True BB. Plus, NDSU's defense is head and shoulders above ISU's.

I love this match up for the Bison. If Richmond stays in that 3-3-5 defensive alignment, the Bison will run them out of the building.

BigHouseClosedEnd
Richmond fans, How many of you are traveling to Fargo?

I wouldnt expect more than a few hundred. If the game was Saturday, you'd see more. RIC isn't exactly a hub, either.

Wilson16
I thought we were supposed to be the sensitive ones. Perhaps you've been canoodling with the ISU birds too much.
There's sarcasm and arguing and then there's where you went. That's not being sensitive

KPSUL
December 13th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Fair enough.

This year's edition of the Maine Bears was a very weak one. Fair?

Offensively, yes.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:56 PM
There's sarcasm and arguing and then there's where you went. That's not being sensitive

Saying white dudes are slower, on balance? Is it an untrue statement?

Bison56
December 13th, 2015, 09:57 PM
I expect Richmond to move the pocket a lot. How well does y o u r QB throw on the move?

BISON Thunder
December 13th, 2015, 09:57 PM

Norwegian lives matter...

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Saying white dudes are slower, on balance? Is it an untrue statement?
Depends on the white dude

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 13th, 2015, 09:58 PM

I expect PC Principle to show up anytime and lay down an a** kicking.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2015, 09:59 PM
I expect Richmond to move the pocket a lot. How well does y o u r QB throw on the move?

I agree and he throws it well on the move.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the white dude

On balance?

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Last time I checked Rob Gronkowski, who's,not fastest guy on the field, scores quite,a few tds.

BisonBacker
December 13th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Friday night...work in Fargo will cease at noon for tailgating!

I'm taking the afternoon off :D

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2015, 10:02 PM
I wouldnt expect more than a few hundred. If the game was Saturday, you'd see more. RIC isn't exactly a hub, either.

The allotment is 250 I believe and those few hundred better hurry....we are already buying all of your tickets.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 10:04 PM
The allotment is 250 I believe and those few hundred better hurry....we are already buying all of your tickets.
You'd think some of these rich people would spend some of their interest money and make the trip.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 13th, 2015, 10:05 PM
I think the Bison fans bought most of the Spiders tickets already. If 250 is the allotment, there won't even be 100 Spider fans at the game.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 10:06 PM
I think the Bison fans bought most of the Spiders tickets already. If 250 is the allotment, there won't even be 100 Spider fans at the game.
BB school with a few FB fans

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 13th, 2015, 10:12 PM
BB school with a few FB fans
True fans travel.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 10:13 PM

True fans travel.
Especially rich ones ��

KPSUL
December 13th, 2015, 10:17 PM

250 initially, but they are suppose to hold another 250 for the visiting team until they tell them they won't need them. I f they don't turn in unsold tickets by Thursday they are responsible for the cost. Of course since all the Richmond Alumni are so wealthy, and the school has a huge endowment, they don't worry about stuff like that the way we land grant working class common folk do.

SpiderJPO
December 13th, 2015, 10:17 PM
No matter how many Spider fans make the trip, you still have one big problem our coaching staff and players will show up BIG TIME. Your crowd will not intimidate this team and your full house of fans can't play the game. We hear this small fan base talk all the time but the game is settled by players and coaching strategy. We will be strong in both. Should be a great game.

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2015, 10:20 PM
250 initially, but they are suppose to hold another 250 for the visiting team until they tell them they won't need them. I f they don't turn in unsold tickets by Thursday they are responsible for the cost. Of course since all the Richmond Alumni are so wealthy, and the school has a huge endowment, they don't worry about stuff like that the way we land grant working class common folk do.

Oh, I know....we are buying them directly from Richmond. They sold them to the public.

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 10:23 PM
No matter how many Spider fans make the trip, you still have one big problem our coaching staff and players will show up BIG TIME. Your crowd will not intimidate this team and your full house of fans can't play the game. We hear this small fan base talk all the time but the game is settled by players and coaching strategy. We will be strong in both. Should be a great game.
Should be but it won't. Bison win BIG TIME

Wilson16
December 13th, 2015, 10:24 PM
We don't try to intimidate them. Just force a bunch of false starts that's all

jacoj21
December 13th, 2015, 10:26 PM

Zach Vraa is a pretty good WR with surprising speed. He has a pretty good vertical and catches the football as if he has stick-em on his hands. However, his production has declined drastically since Jensen graduated. Vraa has burned many people throughout the year on the deep pass, but Wentz more often than not overthrew him. Since Stick started, pass attempts have cut in half with a variety of receivers getting no more than 2-3 receptions per game, basically taking Vraa out of the game.

You may not see it, but he is one athletic white dude. Sad to say that NDSU hasn't been utilizing his talents.

wmmii
December 13th, 2015, 11:01 PM
Good luck Spiders!

centennial
December 13th, 2015, 11:31 PM
You were scouting weren't you. Is the spread correct based on your what you saw

You should ask. I'm interested in it, no sarcasm.

It was on replay last night IIRC.

Centennial what are your X's and O's observations? I would actually like to talk about the game.

Dewey
Quick observations form the Illinois State game-
- Richmond came out with a really good plan to beat the cover2/ tampa 2. There is a reason the NFL is moving away from the base variety of this D, ISU coaches should be paying attention to what is being done.
- ISU should have put in delayed, corner blitzes, but surprisingly didn't do that a lot
- ISU also came in throwing. They should have tried short/ medium instead taking some shots.
- Richmond was really good at checking away from pressure. There were quite a lot of rollouts ala Stick, there was also the underneath throws(teams in the NFL are making Tampa 2 harder to run)
- Their QB was in the zone, as well as WR's
- Surprised that ISU didn't do much man on coverage
- Overall the planning was superior for Richmond

Take away for NDSU-
- Must take the underneath catches away, we will need to play more man which IMO is riskier but in this case has huge rewards.
- Occasional rush an extra man, if the QB rolls out we need to maintain coverage
- On offense we need to make more short throws, they loaded the box against ISU well
- We also need a few new wrinkles on O, Richmond has a good coaching staff. While their players are not as physically talented as NDSU, they seem like a good x and o team.

I see this game going 2 ways- Slobber knocker- Richmond out plans NDSU but our superior athletes keep us in the game, game is decided in the 4th. Richmond does not out plan NDSU, they get worn out and lose by 20.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2015, 06:20 AM

xlolx

If Richmond has 100 or even 50 fans at the FD, I will be surprised.

Eight Legger
December 14th, 2015, 06:29 AM
Just out of curiosity for NDSU fans, if you were facing Illinois State in this game on the road instead of us at home, what would your final score expectations be?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2015, 06:29 AM
Quick observations form the Illinois State game-
- Richmond came out with a really good plan to beat the cover2/ tampa 2. There is a reason the NFL is moving away from the base variety of this D, ISU coaches should be paying attention to what is being done.
- ISU should have put in delayed, corner blitzes, but surprisingly didn't do that a lot
- ISU also came in throwing. They should have tried short/ medium instead taking some shots.
- Richmond was really good at checking away from pressure. There were quite a lot of rollouts ala Stick, there was also the underneath throws(teams in the NFL are making Tampa 2 harder to run)
- Their QB was in the zone, as well as WR's
- Surprised that ISU didn't do much man on coverage
- Overall the planning was superior for Richmond

Take away for NDSU-
- Must take the underneath catches away, we will need to play more man which IMO is riskier but in this case has huge rewards.
- Occasional rush an extra man, if the QB rolls out we need to maintain coverage
- On offense we need to make more short throws, they loaded the box against ISU well
- We also need a few new wrinkles on O, Richmond has a good coaching staff. While their players are not as physically talented as NDSU, they seem like a good x and o team.

I see this game going 2 ways- Slobber knocker- Richmond out plans NDSU but our superior athletes keep us in the game, game is decided in the 4th. Richmond does not out plan NDSU, they get worn out and lose by 20.

Pretty good lay out here.

One thing that Richmond has to prep for is our blocking scheme on the OL. If Polasek is smart, he should give the Spiders a heavy dose of our G-scheme blocking. Go right at them with our power run blocking. Richmond will not stop the running game with their 3-3-5 alignment IMO. I suspect our short passing game should be open all night.

Spider fans downplaying the crowd noise will be surprised come Friday.

Defensively, for the Bison, I agree that pressure needs to be put on their QB. Bring an extra guy from different angles and make the Spiders commit turnovers.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think this is a great match up for the Bison.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Just out of curiosity for NDSU fans, if you were facing Illinois State in this game on the road instead of us at home, what would your final score expectations be?

With how our coaches play the field position game and let the defense stop them.....probably something like 28-17

December 14th, 2015, 06:58 AM
I pretty stupid was Virginia a rebel state?
Are you kidding? Robert E. Lee lead the army of northern Virginia in the civil war. Many battles were fought in the state. Lee won almost every battle he was in. It was lack of numbers and resources are what defeated him in the end not military ability.

dewey
December 14th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Spider fans downplaying the crowd noise will be surprised come Friday

The one thing that always happens is a team and almost all teams will say we played at in front of 50K, 75K or more fans and there is no way it is louder than that. Than they are called for numerous false starts and in the post game press conference talk about how the noise bothered them. Yes the Fargodome only holds ~19K fans but it has a roof to keep the sound in and echo all around. The noise level on Saturday reached 102 decibels a few times during the UNI game.

The crowd will be a factor.

If you look at playoff history teams that have come to the Fargodome do not fair well in their first trip and the noise really affects them.

Even if the crowd does not force any false starts we can still greatly affect the outcome of the game. Montana used the left guard to tap the center about 1-2 seconds before the ball was snapped. Obviously the D-line noticed this and got going the same time the O-line did. Makes you wodner how Richmond will do a silent count.

I know I will be there screaming my lungs out.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2015, 07:30 AM
Pretty good lay out here.

One thing that Richmond has to prep for is our blocking scheme on the OL. If Polasek is smart, he should give the Spiders a heavy dose of our G-scheme blocking. Go right at them with our power run blocking. Richmond will not stop the running game with their 3-3-5 alignment IMO. I suspect our short passing game should be open all night.

Spider fans downplaying the crowd noise will be surprised come Friday.

Defensively, for the Bison, I agree that pressure needs to be put on their QB. Bring an extra guy from different angles and make the Spiders commit turnovers.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think this is a great match up for the Bison.
I wouldn't underestimate Richmond's ability to stop, or at least contain, the run. They're 39th in the FCS allowing 146.9 ypg on the ground. They've got some big DTs and haven't given up over 100 yards rushing in any of their last 4 games which includes some pretty good teams in ISUr, W&M (x2), and Nova. I don't think the Bison can come out and expect to run at will but I do think the short passing game can be very effective to set up the run especially later in the game. Similar to what they did against ISUr, I'd expect Richmond to load up to stop the run which should create some good opportunities for Stick and the Bison WR corps. Richmond is 70th in the nation allowing 221.4 ypg passing.

As always the Bison need to run the ball effectively to be effective offensively but I think they'll need to throw it effectively early to loosen up the Richmond defense.

ur2k
December 14th, 2015, 07:56 AM
xlolx

If Richmond has 100 or even 50 fans at the FD, I will be surprised.

Most of us aren't as rich as 32 - rich but not that rich. Flights from Richmond to Fargo are around $1,000 - doubt many will make the trek.

Eight Legger
December 14th, 2015, 08:15 AM
With how our coaches play the field position game and let the defense stop them.....probably something like 28-17

And what if ISU were coming to the dome?

Lehigh'98
December 14th, 2015, 08:20 AM

Excellent question, I suspect they would be expecting an even game, given last year's results.

Another question, can a swarm of Spiders kill a herd of Bison?

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2015, 08:45 AM
http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_860/public/field/image/1211-S-Plankers1.jpg?itok=vomXURzL

I'm just gonna put this here..... xlolx

KPSUL
December 14th, 2015, 08:45 AM
The one thing that always happens is a team and almost all teams will say we played at in front of 50K, 75K or more fans and there is no way it is louder than that. Than they are called for numerous false starts and in the post game press conference talk about how the noise bothered them. Yes the Fargodome only holds ~19K fans but it has a roof to keep the sound in and echo all around. The noise level on Saturday reached 102 decibels a few times during the UNI game.

The crowd will be a factor.

If you look at playoff history teams that have come to the Fargodome do not fair well in their first trip and the noise really affects them.

Even if the crowd does not force any false starts we can still greatly affect the outcome of the game. Montana used the left guard to tap the center about 1-2 seconds before the ball was snapped. Obviously the D-line noticed this and got going the same time the O-line did. Makes you wodner how Richmond will do a silent count.

I know I will be there screaming my lungs out.

Dewey

All I can say is your right. CCU managed to deal with it pretty effectively second time around, but I don't see how they did it. Williams Stadium at Liberty can probably be the loudest FCS place in the East. Pretty impressive for a 20,000+ outdoor stadium, but not near the volume of NDSU in the Fargo Dome. However, last year Richmond won a very close game at Liberty; of course Rocco knew exactly what to expect there.

KPSUL
December 14th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Excellent question, I suspect they would be expecting an even game, given last year's results.

Another question, can a swarm of Spiders kill a herd of Bison?

I doubt they could do much damage through the thick fur and hide. And how many Spiders in a swarm? I thought they were solitary creatures. Sorta like the Richmond fans will feel in the Fargo Dome Friday night.

Eight Legger
December 14th, 2015, 09:01 AM
No doubt this will be the most difficult environment we've played in for a few years. The UNI dome was also a pretty challenging one and unfamiliar one in 2008, but we managed to get out of there with a win. I know it isn't quite the same, of course.

Something cool that I heard is that UR's former football player-turned astronaut Leland Melvin has arranged for the team to conduct a practice in outer space this week as a way to help prepare for an unfamiliar environment. Convenient that NASA's Langley site is not far down the road. I think this will help get us accustomed to the uncertainties of the dome.

Catsfan90
December 14th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Richmond 21- Bizon 17

MacThor
December 14th, 2015, 09:04 AM
When it comes to football computers are right a lot more than they're wrong.

Well, the Sagarin computer you keep referring to had Richmond losing to W&M (both times!), and to ISUr by double digits.

The computers have been down on Richmond all year because of those first three games against a poor BCS team and weak OOC FCS teams. We hung with MD but we kept punting to that all-world return man for some reason. A weak performance at Hampton and the closest statistical 42-10 game you've ever seen against VMI didn't help. UR's computer ranking couldn't recover from that - our only opportunities to improve against higher ranked opposition were JMU, W&M and ISUr. In sum, I don't think the computers are accurately reflecting the strength of Richmond at this moment, at full health. I bet Tribe and Redbird fans would agree.

KPSUL
December 14th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Oh, I know....we are buying them directly from Richmond. They sold them to the public.

Playoff Novices. Even ISUr proctected their allocation last season. I tried to get tickets to Frisco through their website to no avail.

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 09:28 AM
OK, not sure if this was mentioned, but does Richmond always kick the ball high and short on kickoffs like they did against ISUr?

jmufan999
December 14th, 2015, 09:30 AM
I have seen both teams play in 3 games this year. Richmond is the better team, when they're on their A-game. That offense is really tough to stop. They have such a strong running game that the bootlegs become really difficult to contain. Then, when you do, you have really talented WR's on the outside.

keys to beating Richmond:

*You absolutely MUST shut down the run to beat them. If they pick up 4-6 yards on first down, it's just not going to happen for you.
*When Lauletta rolls out, you MUST get clean shots on him. He needs to be worried every time he whips his head around on a bootleg

NDSU obviously has the best homefield advantage in the country, but I don't think it's going to be enough this time.

Richmond 30
NDSU 27

LeadBolt
December 14th, 2015, 09:36 AM
OK, not sure if this was mentioned, but does Richmond always kick the ball high and short on kickoffs like they did against ISUr?

Their kicker was injured and they are going with a back up. In some ways it gives them an advantage because it has turned them into a 4 down team rather than a 3 down team. With their offense, that works inter favor more than not. More TD's, fewer FG's and punts.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I have seen both teams play in 3 games this year. Richmond is the better team, when they're on their A-game. That offense is really tough to stop. They have such a strong running game that the bootlegs become really difficult to contain. Then, when you do, you have really talented WR's on the outside.

keys to beating Richmond:

*You absolutely MUST shut down the run to beat them. If they pick up 4-6 yards on first down, it's just not going to happen for you.
*When Lauletta rolls out, you MUST get clean shots on him. He needs to be worried every time he whips his head around on a bootleg

NDSU obviously has the best homefield advantage in the country, but I don't think it's going to be enough this time.

Richmond 30
NDSU 27
Good analysis but I think you're missing the other two-thirds of the game (defense and special teams) in it. Richmond's offense is no doubt very good but they're going to need to play well in the other two phases as well for your prediction to ring true.

MacThor
December 14th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Wow, some Richmond fans are far richer than I am. I am so disappointed in myself. It's probably all the time I spend on football message boards.

Two things I want to request from the uber-rich UR fans:

Contact Noah Hawley and Adam Arkin and get them to do the hype video for this week. Use that drum heavy Fargo theme music and show Mike Milligan and the Kitchen brothers driving to Fargo with Spider paraphernalia.

Buy every Bison fan a ticket to the 6:30 Friday showing of The Force Awakens so the dome is so quiet UR can actually call out a snap count.

OK Rich dudes, let's make it happen!

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Their kicker was injured and they are going with a back up. In some ways it gives them an advantage because it has turned them into a 4 down team rather than a 3 down team. With their offense, that works inter favor more than not. More TD's, fewer FG's and punts.

Thanks.

ur2k
December 14th, 2015, 09:58 AM

We do it a lot - depending on the quality of the return man. Did it last week and in the 2 games against W&M. Our regular kicker was back for the ISU game. I think our coach would rather give the team the ball at the 25 or 30 than have a return for a TD - also puts pressure on an up man to catch the ball.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2015, 10:03 AM
We do it a lot - depending on the quality of the return man. Did it last week and in the 2 games against W&M. Our regular kicker was back for the ISU game. I think our coach would rather give the team the ball at the 25 or 30 than have a return for a TD - also puts pressure on an up man to catch the ball.
I'm sure we'll see that again in the game Friday. NDSU's primary kick returner has returned 2 of the last 3 kickoffs he's touched for TDs.

This is no knock on Richmond because everyone does it and it doesn't make sense to me. If you want to squib it or kick it short to keep it away from the returner why not just kick it out of bounds (past the opposing 30 yard line)? You're guaranteed to give up no better field position than the opposing 35 yard line and it seems like in many cases even the up man is able to get further up field than that.

Eight Legger
December 14th, 2015, 10:05 AM
I'm sure we'll see that again in the game Friday. NDSU's primary kick returner has returned 2 of the last 3 kickoffs he's touched for TDs.

This is no knock on Richmond because everyone does and it doesn't make sense to me. If you want to squib it or kick it short to keep it away from the returner why not just kick it out of bounds (past the opposing 30 yard line)? You're guaranteed to give up no better field position than the opposing 35 yard line and it seems like in many cases even the up man is able to get further up field than that.

I agree. I'm not really a fan of it. I will say that when Dave Clawson was our coach in the years leading up to our title in 2008, he would pooch kickoffs, but in such a way that we almost caught a few ourselves in the air. Still not sure why more teams don't work on THAT with their kickers, because it certainly seems possible if you practice it enough. But in general, I'd rather just boot it out of bounds or squib it than loft a lazy pop up to the 30.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Most of us aren't as rich as 32 - rich but not that rich. Flights from Richmond to Fargo are around $1,000 - doubt many will make the trek.

I just looked at Allegiant Air, around $550, Richmond to Orlando to Fargo. But then you add hotel for a couple days and it gets up there.

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 10:27 AM
I agree. I'm not really a fan of it. I will say that when Dave Clawson was our coach in the years leading up to our title in 2008, he would pooch kickoffs, but in such a way that we almost caught a few ourselves in the air. Still not sure why more teams don't work on THAT with their kickers, because it certainly seems possible if you practice it enough. But in general, I'd rather just boot it out of bounds or squib it than loft a lazy pop up to the 30.

I believe the ball has to hit the ground once, I may be incorrect, but I don't believe you can catch it on the fly so to speak.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2015, 10:30 AM
I believe the ball has to hit the ground once, I may be incorrect, but I don't believe you can catch it on the fly so to speak.
Haha, this same discussion is keeping the NDSU/UNI thread alive. As I understand it the kicking team can catch a free kick before it hits the ground if it has gone 10 yards and gain possession that way but the receiving team has the option to signal for a fair catch in which case the kicking team would be penalized for catching the free kick before it hit the ground or for interfering at all with the receiving team player who signaled for the fair catch.

Eight Legger
December 14th, 2015, 10:30 AM

If that's the case, I think it's a new rule, because I would swear that we did catch one in the air during Clawson's days and take possession.

Eight Legger
December 14th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Haha, this same discussion is keeping the NDSU/UNI thread alive. As I understand it the kicking team can catch a free kick before it hits the ground if it has gone 10 yards and gain possession that way but the receiving team has the option to signal for a fair catch in which case the kicking team would be penalized for catching the free kick before it hit the ground or for interfering at all with the receiving team player who signaled for the fair catch.

Ah, that is correct. I guess the element of surprise comes into play if you pooch a kickoff to the upbacks who aren't expecting it and who don't think to signal for a fair catch. That may be how the few went that I am remembering.

deez_na
December 14th, 2015, 10:38 AM
So far I've seen Richmond has speed, UNI is one dimensional & not all that good (for one dimensional they sure rolled the past 2 rounds), also Richmond would have Easily beaten UNI (doubtful), Richmond must be better than UNI cause UNI didn't have a seed, Richmond by 9, Spiders score at least 20 (we scored 23 on UNI and their Defense is superior to Richmonds).

Alot of funny or interesting things said. Richmond isn't one dimensional which helps them but they haven't played a D like the Bisons. Even with Stick, if you consider us easier to defend you would think other teams (like UNI) who have better Defenses than Richmond would have stopped us. I think this could be a good game but unless NDSU just drops the ball coming into this game, I do not see Richmond winning. If you take our Offense & Defense and compare it to Richmonds, we win that battle. Even if our D plays average and holds you to 24 points +/- I don't see an average at best Defense holding us to that low of a score.

KPSUL
December 14th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Good news! Friday is National Ugly Sweater Day. Many of the NDSU fans at the Fargodome will be all set dressing just the way they do for every home game.

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 10:40 AM

OK got it, thanks for clarifying.

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Good news! Friday is National Ugly Sweater Day. Many of the NDSU fans at the Fargodome will be all set dressing just the way they do for every home game.

xlolx

ur2k
December 14th, 2015, 10:48 AM
So far I've seen Richmond has speed, UNI is one dimensional & not all that good (for one dimensional they sure rolled the past 2 rounds), also Richmond would have Easily beaten UNI (doubtful), Richmond must be better than UNI cause UNI didn't have a seed, Richmond by 9, Spiders score at least 20 (we scored 23 on UNI and their Defense is superior to Richmonds).

Alot of funny or interesting things said. Richmond isn't one dimensional which helps them but they haven't played a D like the Bisons. Even with Stick, if you consider us easier to defend you would think other teams (like UNI) who have better Defenses than Richmond would have stopped us. I think this could be a good game but unless NDSU just drops the ball coming into this game, I do not see Richmond winning. If you take our Offense & Defense and compare it to Richmonds, we win that battle. Even if our D plays average and holds you to 24 points +/- I don't see an average at best Defense holding us to that low of a score.

you forgot to tell us that the Dome is loud again.

PurpleStreamers
December 14th, 2015, 10:51 AM

Guess that includes sweater vests too which makes it perfect for the UR Ticks supporters too. Go Bizen!

BISON Thunder
December 14th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Wow, some Richmond fans are far richer than I am. I am so disappointed in myself. It's probably all the time I spend on football message boards.

Two things I want to request from the uber-rich UR fans:

Contact Noah Hawley and Adam Arkin and get them to do the hype video for this week. Use that drum heavy Fargo theme music and show Mike Milligan and the Kitchen brothers driving to Fargo with Spider paraphernalia.

Buy every Bison fan a ticket to the 6:30 Friday showing of The Force Awakens so the dome is so quiet UR can actually call out a snap count.

OK Rich dudes, let's make it happen!
Yeah, and one other request to consider? Our company is considering going public but the underwriting and other IPO costs appear to be quite expensive. Can any rich Spider fan lend us a dime?

jacksfan29
December 14th, 2015, 10:52 AM

Bison 31 - Spiders 14

UNI had the last/best shot at beating the Bison this year.

Unless that "CRAZY" southern speed shows up... xrolleyesx

bostonspider
December 14th, 2015, 11:05 AM
I think UR has an ok chance. Not saying that we are definitely wining, but I think people are under estimating the Spiders. Sure the Dome will be a tough environment, but Richmond this year has already won on the road at the #1 team in JMU when they had Vad Lee, and then last week at the #2 team in the country, co-MVFC champs, in Ill State. Richmond handled the Redbirds fairly convincingly, never trailing in the game. Now of course everyone is now saying that ISUr was really not that good, I mean they only went 7-1 in the MVFC and otherwise lost to a very good Iowa team. Richmond is not some johnny come lately team, that has "not been here" before. NDSU is the four time defending champion and deserves respect, but UR has its own history as well, winning a title, and knocking off a 3 time defending champ on the road and beating a MVFC champ in their dome in doing so..

Tribe4SF
December 14th, 2015, 11:14 AM
I'll be surprised if this game is not competitive. Not sure people appreciate how good the Richmond fronts are, and at this time of year that's what counts the most.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Well, many of us are ugly and we do sweat quite a bit with the game being indoors.

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2015, 11:50 AM
I'll be surprised if this game is not competitive. Not sure people appreciate how good the Richmond fronts are, and at this time of year that's what counts the most.

Not just playoffs but all season long. Games are won and lost in the trenches. NDSU OL can really wear down DL's.

BISON Thunder
December 14th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Well, many of us are ugly and we do sweat quite a bit with the game being indoors.
...and I have gravy stains on my sweaters which for the life of me, I can not get out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2015, 12:05 PM

So are NDSU's lines.

Plus, as I have said numerous times in this thread, the Bison defense is the best one Richmond will have faced this year, including Maryland.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2015, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't underestimate Richmond's ability to stop, or at least contain, the run. They're 39th in the FCS allowing 146.9 ypg on the ground. They've got some big DTs and haven't given up over 100 yards rushing in any of their last 4 games which includes some pretty good teams in ISUr, W&M (x2), and Nova. I don't think the Bison can come out and expect to run at will but I do think the short passing game can be very effective to set up the run especially later in the game. Similar to what they did against ISUr, I'd expect Richmond to load up to stop the run which should create some good opportunities for Stick and the Bison WR corps. Richmond is 70th in the nation allowing 221.4 ypg passing.

As always the Bison need to run the ball effectively to be effective offensively but I think they'll need to throw it effectively early to loosen up the Richmond defense.

You may be right but ISU uses mostly zone blocking with their OL. NDSU does a lot of power G scheme blocking or man on man.

I'm looking forward to the match up.

thebootfitter
December 14th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Sounds pretty mediocre.

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Sounds pretty mediocre.
His whole purpose was to try and stir it up with his nonsense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2015, 12:32 PM
No doubt this will be the most difficult environment we've played in for a few years. The UNI dome was also a pretty challenging one and unfamiliar one in 2008, but we managed to get out of there with a win. I know it isn't quite the same, of course.

Something cool that I heard is that UR's former football player-turned astronaut Leland Melvin has arranged for the team to conduct a practice in outer space this week as a way to help prepare for an unfamiliar environment. Convenient that NASA's Langley site is not far down the road. I think this will help get us accustomed to the uncertainties of the dome.

This doesn't really matter since it has been 7 years and no players playing now were in that game. FD is much louder than the UNIdome.

thebootfitter
December 14th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Clear enough that you're a troll, and it seems you are eating quite well in this thread. Here's another little morsel. Enjoy.

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2015, 12:40 PM

So you say you have a ton of people who work for you. I was at the Richmond board today and saw your attempt at smack. I hope you are a better business person than you are at smack.

I must say that its been hilarious while posting seeking upsmanship with the Bison bravado group on the AGS board tonight.Their opinions of themselves burst even the biggest egos.My index finger is tired out.Someone take the baton,please.They are so very sensitive about protecting their self imposed greatness.They are easy pickings and not the brightest tools in the shed.

https://richmond.forums.rivals.com/threads/ndsu-blog.5453/

You remind me of Biff Tannen. You sound like a Biff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDevd7O2fq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKqSnBjHgME

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Wentz not listed on the 2 deep for the Bison against Richmond....take that for what its worth. (probably nothing...)

ur2k
December 14th, 2015, 12:52 PM
This is Tarrant "Tara". I hope she makes the trip to see the Dome. I heard its loud.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSFWKXzUcAAS7Pf.jpg

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Wentz not listed on the 2 deep for the Bison against Richmond....take that for what its worth. (probably nothing...)

I believe he is practicing again this week, same thing as last week from what I understand. Will see how he progresses.

deez_na
December 14th, 2015, 12:56 PM
This is Tarrant "Tara". I hope she makes the trip to see the Dome. I heard its loud.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSFWKXzUcAAS7Pf.jpg

Probably tip over and die when it hears the noise.

Eight Legger
December 14th, 2015, 01:19 PM
This doesn't really matter since it has been 7 years and no players playing now were in that game. FD is much louder than the UNIdome.

We actually have a number of eighth-year seniors. You hadn't heard?

UNIFanSince1983
December 14th, 2015, 01:20 PM

Let us not forgot the coach isn't even the same.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2015, 01:25 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Spider+chart_244412_5327377.jpg

srgrizizen
December 14th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Honestly, this Richmond team doesn't look any better than either of the Georgia Southern teams that came to Fargo, or the Coastal/SDSU teams from last year. Four right there, others can put their $.02 in but just my recollections.

And this UNI team that the Bison handled today is definitely in the discussion too.

OK, here's my xtwocentsx. I believe Richmond is good. In 2008, I believe, you beat a good Griz team for the NC with a couple of DEs who almost stopped our offense by themselves. But these NDSU fans know what they're talking about. They've been there, done that so often that they have most of their posts on macros by now. Everybody thinks the next team up is better than the last (very true in the case of Richmond following Montana), but it hasn't mattered for five years. So I'm going with believe it when you see it, and we may not see it until somebody gets a higher seed and gets these guys out of their damn barn. :)

UNIFanSince1983
December 14th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Yeah it was interesting that they are like 20-1 in the playoffs or something like that. But 15-0 at home with 4 games being at a neutral site that would make them 1-1 on the road in the playoffs.

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Remember guys the 1 loss on the road was at EWU on a questionable call. It's not like NDSU was outright blown out in that one loss.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2015, 01:37 PM
we may not see it until somebody gets a higher seed and gets these guys out of their damn barn. :)
Until then we'll party until the cows come home. :D

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2015, 01:42 PM
50 pages and it's only Monday xlolx

MacThor
December 14th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Remember guys the 1 loss on the road was at EWU on a questionable call. It's not like NDSU was outright blown out in that one loss.

You're right. If there was any justice in the world NDSU would be undefeated all time in the FCS playoffs. 😊

Christiank22
December 14th, 2015, 01:48 PM
You're right. If there was any justice in the world NDSU would be undefeated all time in the FCS playoffs. 😊
And don't you forget it! ;)

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2015, 01:49 PM
You're right. If there was any justice in the world NDSU would be undefeated all time in the FCS playoffs. 

Now you got it xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Yeah it was interesting that they are like 20-1 in the playoffs or something like that. But 15-0 at home with 4 games being at a neutral site that would make them 1-1 on the road in the playoffs.

On another weird note there....if the Bison win the next two playoff games, they match UNI's all time playoff win total at 22.....

Bison56
December 14th, 2015, 01:57 PM
You're right. If there was any justice in the world NDSU would be undefeated all time in the FCS playoffs. 

Only took 50 pages for you to realize it. ;)

Peems
December 14th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Lot of junk in this thread, looks like you guys know how to rile each other up!!!
A Griz fan's humble opinion is that of course NDSU should be favored, I've watched them 4 times this year(twice vs the Griz and twice vs UNI), they are the defending champs, playing in a place that is tough as hell. Yet, the more I watch Stick the more I am convinced he could be their undoing. The kid is talented, but he cannot make the throws that Wentz can, and if he is called upon to win a game, I'm not sure he could do it. Now, it might not even come down to him, as NDSU has been dominating with special teams and defense, but Richmond presents a different beast, and it is down to 4 teams who have proved, they belong here. With that being said I got NDSU by 6

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Lot of junk in this thread, looks like you guys know how to rile each other up!!!
A Griz fan's humble opinion is that of course NDSU should be favored, I've watched them 4 times this year(twice vs the Griz and twice vs UNI), they are the defending champs, playing in a place that is tough as hell. Yet, the more I watch Stick the more I am convinced he could be their undoing. The kid is talented, but he cannot make the throws that Wentz can, and if he is called upon to win a game, I'm not sure he could do it. Now, it might not even come down to him, as NDSU has been dominating with special teams and defense, but Richmond presents a different beast, and it is down to 4 teams who have proved, they belong here. With that being said I got NDSU by 6

I like that he's a redshirt freshman and his int's this year are only 2 vs his TD's but that's with a limited number of games he's played in. I think he'll get better but if he gets rattled and has to play from behind I surely don't feel as good about him as I would with Wentz. But the comparisons are not fair to stick at this point of his college career. The bigger question is if our D continues to play as they have I think Stick will be fine but if he's got to dig us out of a hole and get into a shootout that could be a problem. Then again with our D a shootout shouldn't happen as I don't see an Offense that is going to blow our doors off in this field. But there is a reason they play the game. AGS you know....

Peems
December 14th, 2015, 02:30 PM
I like that he's a redshirt freshman and his int's this year are only 2 vs his TD's but that's with a limited number of games he's played in. I think he'll get better but if he gets rattled and has to play from behind I surely don't feel as good about him as I would with Wentz. But the comparisons are not fair to stick at this point of his college career. The bigger question is if our D continues to play as they have I think Stick will be fine but if he's got to dig us out of a hole and get into a shootout that could be a problem. Then again with our D a shootout shouldn't happen as I don't see an Offense that is going to blow our doors off in this field. But there is a reason they play the game. AGS you know....

You are correct. It is unfair to compare the two, Stick has done everything that has been asked of him, and not made any crucial mistakes. Yet at this point NDSU's best chance of scoring is to probably just have Bruce Anderson take the snap from 15 yards back xlolxxnodx