PDA

View Full Version : Colgate at Sam Houston State

Pages : [1] 2

Go...gate
December 6th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Let's discuss.

This publication has SHSU decisively over the Red Raiders....

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/12323

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Sammy rolls at home.

RichH2
December 6th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Off the top of my head likely to be warmer at SHSU come gametime than up in Hamilton :).
Must read up on SHSU,as right now ,I know very little about them.
Perhaps some of their fans can fill us in here.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Perhaps someone can correct me but I don't believe Keeler has ever lost to a Patriot League team.

I think this should be a really good game. Colgate's offense is playing a very high level right now. Melville has it going on the ground and through the air. Their offense is better than McNeese State given Sams limited passing ability.

The key will be stopping SHSU. SHSU's offense is similar to JMU's right now. Both are dangerous but not quite as explosive as they've been.

Both teams have survived tough road tests against quality competition.

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Sam will destroy Colgate. Sorry Raiders

Sammy94
December 6th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Sam does give up a big play or two on defense because of the aggresiveness of blitzes. Colgate may score 30 or so but can they stop Sam from scoring more?

RichH2
December 7th, 2015, 12:18 AM
This thread is sounding much like the JMU thread. Interesting.

MTfan4life
December 7th, 2015, 02:24 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sam Houston State has never lost at home in the playoffs, right?

Nickels
December 7th, 2015, 02:38 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sam Houston State has never lost at home in the playoffs, right?
Correct. 9-0 I believe.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2015, 04:35 AM
Sammy rolls at home.

exactly the kind of attitude Colgate needs, but will they get it?

katstrapper
December 7th, 2015, 05:20 AM
Kats running game has been pretty damn good over the last 4 games averaging 5.75ypc and 293ypg, especially late in games when it is time to kill the clock. Plus, backup QB Jeremiah Brisco has really stepped up his game since Jared Johnson has been battling a leg injury from the Southern Utah game.

Sammy94
December 7th, 2015, 05:23 AM
I think Ladarius Brown has a huge game. How is Colgate's secondary?

CFBfan
December 7th, 2015, 05:33 AM
I think Ladarius Brown has a huge game. How is Colgate's secondary?

not very good, not very good at all

Daytripper
December 7th, 2015, 05:50 AM
As we speak, KCK has his voodoo dolls, Tarot cards, and mystical burning incense all properly in place in order to facilitate his latest FCS playoff magic. Those mercurial football gods, who own Keeler's soul, will step in as necessary in order to assist the young men in orange as they play their way to Frisco.

https://media.giphy.com/media/VHngktboAlxHW/giphy.gif

Lehigh'98
December 7th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Would those of you saying Sammy rolls be saying that if JMU had advanced? If not, how can you be so confident about saying that against a team that just beat them? Not a fluke win either.

Daytripper
December 7th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Would those of you saying Sammy rolls be saying that if JMU had advanced? If not, how can you be so confident about saying that against a team that just beat them? Not a fluke win either.

I'm not saying that they will "roll." I am just saying that I think Sam will find a way to win. And I would say the same thing if it was JMU.

kakat10
December 7th, 2015, 07:23 AM
First team to 40 wins... Kats 42-35

Fordham
December 7th, 2015, 07:59 AM
So proud of Colgate. At this point I have no idea what to think other than we simply have no idea how this will turn out and that includes the possibility of yet another Colgate upset.

Go 'Gate!!!

Bisonator
December 7th, 2015, 08:07 AM
I honestly can't believe Colgate is still playing. Will the ride continue? I don't think so but I didn't think they'd make it out of round 1 either.

Sammy94
December 7th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Would those of you saying Sammy rolls be saying that if JMU had advanced?

JMU was not the same team when Vad Lee went down. I think Sammy wins against either team.

RichH2
December 7th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Admit dont yet know much about SHSU. Ido know Gate. Unlikely SHSU can stop Gate with any consistency. On D ,Gate's secondary is average at best in coverage. Front 7 is very good. Skould be an interesting matchup with SHSU 's offense.

bluehenbillk
December 7th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Keeler seems to live for the postseason & thrives in the "win or go home" games.

Yea it's nice that SHSU has never lost a home playoff game (or is on a win streak - whichever is true) or Keeler has never lost to a PL team, but I just think Sam is better.

Not to take away from "Gate - they beat Fordham & JMU (I thought UNH getting in was a joke). But SHSU has even more athletes than JMU. They do have a similar weakness that their D has been inconsistent & has let up way too many big plays. In the end unless SHSU is plagues by turnovers I see them winning - a lot of offensive depth & weapons for a PL team to attempt to play with & contain.

Sam_Kats
December 7th, 2015, 08:36 AM
I, too, think Sam has too many athletes for Colgate. Also agree that the Kat D isn't very good this year, so the Raiders will put up some points. I'll say this, if they come into Texas & hand SH its 1st home playoff loss ever, they would have beaten some really good FCS programs in UNH, JMU & SH.

BUT......given the Kats' record at home in the playoffs & the way the offense has been playing of late, I'll say 38-24 Kats

Neighbor2
December 7th, 2015, 09:11 AM
I do know Colgate will not back down. I also know, the underdog role helps their desire to 'overachieve' as everyone else is thinking. Therefore . . . .

SHS 35
Colgate 17

xsmiley_wix

GannonFan
December 7th, 2015, 09:21 AM
JMU was a wounded animal since Lee was lost for the year and they were just looking for someone to put them out of their misery and Colgate did just that. SHSU is significantly better than JMU and should win pretty convincingly this week. But nice little run for Colgate as they were able to take advantage of a clearly weak year for the CAA.

DC 'gater
December 7th, 2015, 09:26 AM
We are due against a Keeler coached team right...? (this phrasing worked in round 1)

'gate 45-42

Daytripper
December 7th, 2015, 09:30 AM
We are due against a Keeler coached team right...? (this phrasing worked in round 1)

'gate 45-42

Agree that it will be high scoring and close. Just hope we are the ones moving on.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Colgate is playing with house money. The key for them will be playing loose and doing what they've done well in their last two games.

Don't think they will be able to count on an early 17-0 lead and TOP of 12 minutes in the 1Q like they did against JMU last week.

Ivytalk
December 7th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Keeler seems to live for the postseason & thrives in the "win or go home" games.

Yea it's nice that SHSU has never lost a home playoff game (or is on a win streak - whichever is true) or Keeler has never lost to a PL team, but I just think Sam is better.

Not to take away from "Gate - they beat Fordham & JMU (I thought UNH getting in was a joke). But SHSU has even more athletes than JMU. They do have a similar weakness that their D has been inconsistent & has let up way too many big plays. In the end unless SHSU is plagues by turnovers I see them winning - a lot of offensive depth & weapons for a PL team to attempt to play with & contain.
Agreed. And so does K.C.xcoolx

YoUDeeMan
December 7th, 2015, 01:55 PM
I, too, think Sam has too many athletes for Colgate. Also agree that the Kat D isn't very good this year, so the Raiders will put up some points. I'll say this, if they come into Texas & hand SH its 1st home playoff loss ever, they would have beaten some really good FCS programs in UNH, JMU & SH.

BUT......given the Kats' record at home in the playoffs & the way the offense has been playing of late, I'll say 38-24 Kats

They might have beaten some good programs, but they certainly haven't beaten any good teams in JMU and UNH. And no, Fordham isn't a very good team this year either.

UNH stinks...they were not a good team this year. Slow and not very athletic.

And JMU? Zero defense...all year long. Z.E.R.O. Especially against the run. A high school team would be able to get into a track meet against JMU's defense. As questionable as SHSU's defense might be, and they are better than they were earlier in the year, it is light years ahead of JMUs.

And SHSU's offense is much better than JMUs.

SHSU has better speed, better size, and better athletes on both sides of the ball then JMU...and even more when compared to Colgate.

Sammy94
December 7th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Don't think they will be able to count on an early 17-0 lead and TOP of 12 minutes in the 1Q like they did against JMU last week

Would not surprise me if 'Gate is behind 17-0 early in this one.

Go...gate
December 7th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Looking at SHSU, I have to say that notwithstanding their alleged deficiencies on defense, they have a hell of a fine club that could win the championship.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2015, 02:21 PM
SHSU has Southern Speed

FIFY xlolx

CockyGeek
December 7th, 2015, 02:59 PM
SHSU should win this one easily. Unless Colgate really is good.

KPSUL
December 7th, 2015, 03:07 PM
They might have beaten some good programs, but they certainly haven't beaten any good teams in JMU and UNH. And no, Fordham isn't a very good team this year either.

And JMU? Zero defense...all year long. Z.E.R.O. Especially against the run. A high school team would be able to get into a track meet against JMU's defense. As questionable as SHSU's defense might be, and they are better than they were earlier in the year, it is light years ahead of JMUs.

SHSU has better speed, better size, and better athletes on both sides of the ball then JMU...and even more when compared to Colgate.

It was difficult deciding which of the idiotic posting by a U of D fan I should reply to. I considered bluehenbillk and Carribbeanhen as well, but congratulations, you won! Which FCS team is the only one to have beaten two 2015 Quarterfinalists this season? I'll save you the time and effort of doing the research, your post is totally devoid of any reasoned analysis so you obviously don't do any. It's UNH. So just how do you magically measure the speed and athleticism of college football players? You apparently have some incredible method, could you share it with the rest of us. It seems it must be induced by the trauma of having supported a once great college program that no longer seems to be able to put together a successful season. Sort of a convoluted "I sez it likes it is" tendency that come from too many disappointments after decades of success. Instead of ranting here, why don't you organize a support group in Newark.

Daytripper
December 7th, 2015, 03:26 PM
I am not really liking how this thread is progressing. Colgate would not be here if they didn't have legit FCS players and coaching. Overconfidence is the death knell in many games. Let's just all agree it will be a hard fought contest with the team making the least mistakes coming out on top...

Sam_Kats
December 7th, 2015, 03:31 PM
They'll definitely be the more 'elite' individuals on the field. You seen that tuition pricing?!?!?!?!

BEAR
December 7th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Good luck Sammy!
I'm thinking the attendance will CREST at 10,500. I know your AIM is higher, but at least you'll GLEEM in the other stats. xthumbsupx

LehighU11
December 7th, 2015, 03:47 PM
They'll definitely be the more 'elite' individuals on the field. You seen that tuition pricing?!?!?!?!

$60,000+ total cost of attendance/year is the norm in the Patriot League. More than half of the student body at Lehigh pays their full way. Probably the same at 'gate and the rest of the schools in the League. Aid packages are substantial for students coming from families not in the 1%, such that tuition is no more than what one would pay to attend Penn State.

Sam_Kats
December 7th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Eh, I prefer my ROI............but anywho, should be a great game.

DC 'gater
December 7th, 2015, 03:59 PM
SHSU scores a lot of points on a lot of yards, doesn't turn the ball over and are physically impressive. My boys in maroon will have to dominate in time of possession and not waste any red zone opportunities. A track meet favors Sam. A couple of long 8+minutes drives that end in TDs COULD be the answer.

Looking forward to it!

bluehenbillk
December 7th, 2015, 04:04 PM
It was diffcult deciding which of the idiotic posting by a U of D fan I should reply to. I considered bluehenbillk and Carribbeanhen as well, but congratulations, you won! Which FCS team is the only one to have beaten two 2015 Quarterfinalists this season? I'll save you the time and effort of doing the research, your post is totally devoid of any reasoned analysis so you obviously don't do any. It's UNH. So just how do you magically measure the speed and atheleticism of college football players? You apparently have some incredible method, could you share it with the rest of us. It seem it must be a induced by the trauma of having supported a once great college program that no longer seems to be able to put together a successful season. Sort of a convoluted "I sez it likes it is" tendency that come from too many disappontments after decades of success. Instead of ranting here, why don't you organize a support group in Newark.

UNH got worked into this thread? Big difference in coaching comparing Brock (who trounced UNH this year) & Keeler, who bounced UNH when they met in the postseason.

Sammy94
December 7th, 2015, 04:05 PM
My boys in maroon will have to dominate in time of possession

I can guarantee this will happen, Sam always losses the TOP stat by quite a bit. We score quickly and our defense is always on the field, that is where or depth helps.

Sammy94
December 7th, 2015, 04:08 PM
UNH got worked into this thread? Big difference in coaching comparing Brock (who trounced UNH this year) & Keeler, who bounced UNH when they met in the postseason.

Hold up UNH got beat by Delaware this season???? Wait, we got beat by Lamar........

lydiabixby
December 7th, 2015, 04:16 PM
I am not really liking how this thread is progressing. Colgate would not be here if they didn't have legit FCS players and coaching. Overconfidence is the death knell in many games. Let's just all agree it will be a hard fought contest with the team making the least mistakes coming out on top...
Good post Daytripper.

UNHWildcat18
December 7th, 2015, 04:33 PM

I know you have the head to head but if UNH is a little stinky this year, than UD must be a big turd not flushed.

Nickels
December 7th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Good luck Sammy!
I'm thinking the attendance will CREST at 10,500. I know your AIM is higher, but at least you'll GLEEM in the other stats. xthumbsupx
You should come on down Bear and get a CLOSE UP.

Sam_Kats
December 7th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Vegas says Kats -9.5
o/u 65.5 so should be quite a few TD's on both sides

ngineer
December 7th, 2015, 04:48 PM
I think the o/u will be close to 80. Pulling like heck for the "gaters", but don't think a track meet will help them. Turnovers and STs could be difference.

Nickels
December 7th, 2015, 04:51 PM
SHSU scores a lot of points on a lot of yards, doesn't turn the ball over and are physically impressive. My boys in maroon will have to dominate in time of possession and not waste any red zone opportunities. A track meet favors Sam. A couple of long 8+minutes drives that end in TDs COULD be the answer.

Looking forward to it!
This. If Colgate wants to win they'll have to keep the Kat D on the field and the Kat O out of rythm with 3 and outs.

If Colgates OL is able to pound Sams D line with up the gut runs. They'll have a good chance IMO. No chance if they try to run off tackle and air it out. Colgate doesn't have the athletes for that. It's not an insult but Colgate seems to be more discipline oriented rather than athletically and a track meet wouldn't go in their favor.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2015, 05:03 PM
I think I need some LISTERINE after throwing up in my mouth with the toothpaste references

Sam_Kats
December 7th, 2015, 05:07 PM
And our OC don't need to get too cute & chunk it 40 times on Sat.

The Kats have won their last 4 games averaging over 44 ppg & just shy of 293 yards/game on the ground. That's including McNeese's top 5 defense... That's the recipe for success

Nickels
December 7th, 2015, 05:41 PM
And our OC don't need to get too cute & chunk it 40 times on Sat.

The Kats have won their last 4 games averaging over 44 ppg & just shy of 293 yards/game on the ground. That's including McNeese's top 5 defense... That's the recipe for success

It's not like kat fans haven't been saying this for 2 years. These athletes with Fritz option would be unstoppable IMO.

Gate83
December 7th, 2015, 05:50 PM
I think I need some LISTERINE after throwing up in my mouth with the toothpaste references

When they get to one we haven't heard before I'll let you know.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2015, 05:55 PM
It was diffcult deciding which of the idiotic posting by a U of D fan I should reply to. I considered bluehenbillk and Carribbeanhen as well, but congratulations, you won!.

that would be Caribbean but I never claimed to know how to spell either, all I've been saying is the CAA is bad right now, and UNH wasn't that good this year when compared to what kind of teams you've had, and Colgate would probably beat you, what might actually be idiotic is not being able to just admit it. xpeacex

the last indian
December 7th, 2015, 05:58 PM
293 yards per game? JMU had twice that. I am not impressed. This will be a tough game for a small school with 2900 students and only 3 scholarship classes and players who must meet the academic standards of those of the rest of the student body ( the academic index ). But "that's why they play the game". If it were a spelling contest it would be over.

Fordham
December 7th, 2015, 06:08 PM
SHSU should win this one easily. Unless Colgate really is good.
Ha! Best hedge ever

TheRevSFA
December 7th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Sam 56 Colgate 3. This will get ugly early

KPSUL
December 7th, 2015, 06:32 PM
that would be Caribbean but I never claimed to know how to spell either, all I've been saying is the CAA is bad right now, and UNH wasn't that good this year when compared to what kind of teams you've had, and Colgate would probably beat you, what might actually be idiotic is not being able to just admit it. xpeacex

I agree that UNH was not as good this season as many of our teams over the last decade, I'm not sure what it is you think I won't admit? I'm reacting to comments from two post here stating UNH is a joke to have made the playoffs and that they "stink". I appreciate you distancing yourself from those remarks, but I included you because you have been making disparaging comments about UNH and the entire CAA all over AGS. You've made far more negative comments than the little benign remark about UNH here. Talk about not admitting things!

KPSUL
December 7th, 2015, 06:48 PM

Excellent response! It's good to see U of D finally talk a little smack when it is warranted. But, how did UNH got worked into this thread? Go back and read your post to answer your own question.

RichH2
December 7th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Problem with some Texans,they think.stuff is bigger than it really is :)

TheRevSFA
December 7th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Problem with some Texans,they think.stuff is bigger than it really is :)

Sorry, I like Colgate and I wish them the best but I'm being realistic on this.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2015, 07:28 PM

some tongue n cheek right here.... but whatever it is Colgate could use some of this attitude on Saturday for sure...

Lehigh'98
December 7th, 2015, 08:02 PM

Uglier than SFAs last playoff game?

Sammy94
December 7th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Sam will give up a few big plays to that QB. They will score more than 3. 56-24 is more realistic.

TheRevSFA
December 7th, 2015, 08:13 PM

As well as Lehigh's, except we actually put up points in ours

centennial
December 7th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Sam Houston wins by 2 TD's probably 38-24. I don't see this being a home run everyone thinks.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Sam will give up a few big plays to that QB. They will score more than 3. 56-24 is more realistic.

Yep, don't underestimate Colgate's playmakers, the abused JMU over and over again last Saturday, but in the end they just wont be able to keep up with Sammy's high powered offense. Look for a lot of oh ****s from the Sammy fans in the first half.......

Sammy 49
Colgate 34

RichH2
December 7th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Sorry, I like Colgate and I wish them the best but I'm being realistic on this.
Dont get too serious :) .I like them also,dont expect they'll win . Do think they can give SHSU a good game. If they play a clean game and SHSU doesn't,could be interesting.

YoUDeeMan
December 7th, 2015, 08:41 PM
293 yards per game? JMU had twice that. I am not impressed. This will be a tough game for a small school with 2900 students and only 3 scholarship classes and players who must meet the academic standards of those of the rest of the student body ( the academic index ). But "that's why they play the game". If it were a spelling contest it would be over.

JMU averaged 594 rushing yards per game? xeyebrowx

You might want to sit this one out. ;)

Lehigh'98
December 7th, 2015, 08:43 PM
As well as Lehigh's, except we actually put up points in ours

Twittergate!! I should be talking about whoever beat us in 2012, but we got jobbed by the committee.....but I digress, this about Colgate and Sam. If SH can get Colgate off the field quickly, it could get ugly. I think Colgate will be able to control the ball enough that this stays close though.

YoUDeeMan
December 7th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I know you have the head to head but if UNH is a little stinky this year, than UD must be a big turd not flushed.

Exactly. At least one UNH poster gets it. UD was absolutely horrible. Completely one dimensional. And UNH also stunk.

True story: Brock was asked why he didn't pass more often to our RBs. Brock's reply was to ask why he would risk throwing the ball to our RBs when he could simply hand it off. xcrazyx

Mind you, that answer was from a former OC. xlolx

Want more? We are trailing by two scores at Rhode Island...and we continue to run the play clock down all game before we hand the ball off to our RBs on every 2nd and 3rd and long. Brock...when asked later about his strategy, replied that the game was going well...we were only down by one score, and if we did get the game back to one score, he thought we'd be back in it.

WTF?

Read those paragraphs again.

AND UNH LOST TO THIS CLOWN'S TEAM. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx BADLY. xnodx

Seriously, we passed for only 71 yards and UNH's DL simply rolled over to the tune of 303 yards rushing...when they knew we would run.

Sound familiar? xeyebrowx

Hell, Colgate probably watch the UD game film and asked themselves how in the world they lost to a soft, slow, bad UNH team. Just run the ball at UNH and you win.

Face it, UNH was a bad team that somehow managed, by past reputation more than actual 2015 accomplishments, wiggled into the playoffs.

TheRevSFA
December 7th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Twittergate!! I should be talking about whoever beat us in 2012, but we got jobbed by the committee.....but I digress, this about Colgate and Sam. If SH can get Colgate off the field quickly, it could get ugly. I think Colgate will be able to control the ball enough that this stays close though.

Ahh twittergate. The memories

RichH2
December 7th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Ahh twittergate. The memories
Thks Rev,a good night chuckle :)

Bearkat 41
December 7th, 2015, 11:35 PM
I said the same thing last week about McNeese in that I don't think the defense will be able to slow down the shsu offense enough to keep the Kats close to their averages. If you stack the box to slow down Avery and the other backs you will run the risk of opening the field up for the receivers. This is the deepest receiving corps that Sam has ever possessed. Something they were missing back in 2011 and 2012 and it gives them a threat to make big plays even if an opposing defense can stop the run.

Defensively the Kats are susceptible to the big play but over the last month have gotten a lot stronger against the run. If the overall gameplan is to try and hold the ball and run eight minute drives for touchdowns I just don't see it happening. Teams have scored on shsu all year via the big play but the long drive is not typical of the Bearkat defense.

I think the Kats are finding their rhythm and are poised for a big offensive outburst on Saturday

Kats 59 Raiders 27

Go...gate
December 7th, 2015, 11:53 PM

I believe that numbers and depth may be a big issue Saturday evening, though we were able to hang in very well with UNH and JMU.

katstrapper
December 8th, 2015, 07:19 AM
It's not like kat fans haven't been saying this for 2 years. These athletes with Fritz option would be unstoppable IMO.

When Fritz was at SHSU running the option, people were griping about lack of passing.

This Kat offense is fine. It averages 35 passing attempts a game and 279 ypg through the air, 265ypg on the ground. This is a very balanced offense and a power running offense (between the tackles). If anything, the offense is more balanced than the last two years under Fritz.

I am so sick of hearing Kat Fans complaining about the offense. How do you complain about an offense that has been in the top 5 all year in performance in points and yards? Just tells me people don't know what the hell they are talking about. And I have said this on Katfans for two years!!xsmhx

DC 'gater
December 8th, 2015, 08:26 AM
This. If Colgate wants to win they'll have to keep the Kat D on the field and the Kat O out of rythm with 3 and outs.

If Colgates OL is able to pound Sams D line with up the gut runs. They'll have a good chance IMO. No chance if they try to run off tackle and air it out. Colgate doesn't have the athletes for that. It's not an insult but Colgate seems to be more discipline oriented rather than athletically and a track meet wouldn't go in their favor.

Agree. 7, 8,9 minute drives will keep the boys in it. Track meet will wear us down.

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2015, 09:16 AM
When Fritz was at SHSU running the option, people were griping about lack of passing.

This Kat offense is fine. It averages 35 passing attempts a game and 279 ypg through the air, 265ypg on the ground. This is a very balanced offense and a power running offense (between the tackles). If anything, the offense is more balanced than the last two years under Fritz.

I am so sick of hearing Kat Fans complaining about the offense. How do you complain about an offense that has been in the top 5 all year in performance in points and yards? Just tells me people don't know what the hell they are talking about. And I have said this on Katfans for two years!!xsmhx

It's just the Kats defense, specifically Collins, that keeps Sam from being a NC winner this year

Daytripper
December 8th, 2015, 09:37 AM
It's just the Kats defense, specifically Collins, that keeps Sam from being a NC winner this year

Both the offense and the defense have been steadily improving over the last half of the season. I think they are both peaking at the right time. Beat Colgate and move on to the next game.

Bearkat 41
December 8th, 2015, 10:28 AM

It's not the offense and the production it's the offensive coordinator and the sometimes, often times, befuddling play calling. The insistence on the long ball when the QB is struggling and the abandoning of the run at random times. For example During the end of the SUU game I received several texts from fellow Barkat fans stating it was sad that they were nervous that longo might not just run the ball and work the clock.

Sammy94
December 8th, 2015, 10:30 AM
After looking at the Colgate forum, I am so glad Sat. isn't a spelling bee, Kats would lose for sure. I had to come back to AGS to see some actual football talk.

KPSUL
December 8th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Exactly. At least one UNH poster gets it. UD was absolutely horrible. Completely one dimensional. And UNH also stunk.

True story: Brock was asked why he didn't pass more often to our RBs. Brock's reply was to ask why he would risk throwing the ball to our RBs when he could simply hand it off. xcrazyx

Mind you, that answer was from a former OC. xlolx

OK, we get your message. Brock is the stupidest MoFo who ever coached a college football game. Now, how about looking at an FCS football world that doesn't revolve solely around U of D. Send this virulent stuff to your AD.
Want more? We are trailing by two scores at Rhode Island...and we continue to run the play clock down all game before we hand the ball off to our RBs on every 2nd and 3rd and long. Brock...when asked later about his strategy, replied that the game was going well...we were only down by one score, and if we did get the game back to one score, he thought we'd be back in it.

WTF?

Read those paragraphs again.

AND UNH LOST TO THIS CLOWN'S TEAM. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx BADLY. xnodx

Seriously, we passed for only 71 yards and UNH's DL simply rolled over to the tune of 303 yards rushing...when they knew we would run.

Sound familiar? xeyebrowx

Hell, Colgate probably watch the UD game film and asked themselves how in the world they lost to a soft, slow, bad UNH team. Just run the ball at UNH and you win.

Face it, UNH was a bad team that somehow managed, by past reputation more than actual 2015 accomplishments, wiggled into the playoffs.

OK, we get your message. Brock is the stupidest MoFo who ever coached a college football game. Now, how about looking at an FCS football world that doesn't revolve solely around U of D. Send this virulent stuff to your AD.

SFA 71
December 8th, 2015, 10:51 AM

What does SFA have to do with this thread?xcoffeex

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Well, an SFA guy came in predicting a 50+ point win in the quarterfinals...only natural for him to fire off, right?

Not to mention an SFA guy whose team's last 3 playoff games have gone like this:

L 44-10
L 54-24
L 51-0

Low-hanging fruit for an intertron message board if you ask me. Rev can handle it.

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2015, 11:04 AM

Nothing, just messing with the Rev a bit. Nothing malicious

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Nothing, just messing with the Rev a bit. Nothing malicious

Don't mind 71. He rarely ventures from the lounge

Daytripper
December 8th, 2015, 12:52 PM
It's not the offense and the production it's the offensive coordinator and the sometimes, often times, befuddling play calling. The insistence on the long ball when the QB is struggling and the abandoning of the run at random times. For example During the end of the SUU game I received several texts from fellow Barkat fans stating it was sad that they were nervous that longo might not just run the ball and work the clock.

I think Keeler is now aware of these tendencies and steps in to dictate end game strategy....or not.

YoUDeeMan
December 8th, 2015, 12:57 PM

Nah...you didn't get my message. Sure Brock stunk...but so did UNH.

You lost to UD...BADLY. UD had nearly 300 yards on the ground. You lost to San Jose...BADLY (700+ yards given up...285 on the ground). You lost to Stony Brook....BADLY. You lost to W&M...BADLY. And you lost, at home, to Colgate.

You beat a weak Colgate team (who came back and beat you at home), beat a 4-7 Central Connecticut State team, a 4-7 Elon, a 3-8 Albany, a 3-8 Maine, and came from behind, at home, to squeak by a lousy 1-10 Rhode Island team. Goodness knows how you came back to beat Richmond (except that they also have zero defense), but both teams gave up nearly 500 yards of offense, again emphasizing that your defense stunk as much as Rishmond's.

Face it, UNH got the early exit it deserved. They stunk, and their playoff birth was a gift.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 8th, 2015, 01:27 PM

You SFA people are always hijacking threads that aren't yours..... ;)

Daytripper
December 8th, 2015, 01:33 PM

Nothing better to do except play SFA intramural sports....

https://media.giphy.com/media/8MOFI1Rdarc7S/giphy.gif

Go...gate
December 8th, 2015, 02:02 PM

You lost to UD...BADLY. UD had nearly 300 yards on the ground. You lost to San Jose...BADLY (700+ yards given up...285 on the ground). You lost to Stony Brook....BADLY. You lost to W&M...BADLY. And you lost, at home, to Colgate.

You beat a weak Colgate team (who came back and beat you at home), beat a 4-7 Central Connecticut State team, a 4-7 Elon, a 3-8 Albany, a 3-8 Maine, and came from behind, at home, to squeak by a lousy 1-10 Rhode Island team. Goodness knows how you came back to beat Richmond (except that they also have zero defense), but both teams gave up nearly 500 yards of offense, again emphasizing that your defense stunk as much as Rishmond's.

Face it, UNH got the early exit it deserved. They stunk, and their playoff birth was a gift.

That is in the Elite Eight. Say again, Ace?

Samalum'10
December 8th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Haha, nicely done

CFBfan
December 8th, 2015, 02:22 PM

looks like cluckie has an egg stuck up his _ _ _

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Nothing better to do except play SFA intramural sports....

https://media.giphy.com/media/8MOFI1Rdarc7S/giphy.gif

Probably less painful than Sam ones.

i'd post a picture of prison sex but don't want to violate TOS

KPSUL
December 8th, 2015, 04:20 PM

Time to report to the nurses station, it's your medication time.

Nickels
December 8th, 2015, 04:47 PM
What is wrong about his statement? I'm not being a dick. I'm genuinely curios.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2015, 05:06 PM

sometimes the truth is not welcome on AGS, The Cluckster told it like it is!

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2015, 06:20 PM

A UNH fan disagrees. That's all.

Nickels
December 8th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Looking rainy...

http://www.wunderground.com/us/tx/huntsville

Cool front coming in around lunch time on Saturday. Meteorologist (dumbasses who tend to be wrong alot) predict nearly 24 hours of rain. The cold front should drop high temps down to the low 60s. LOW 40s ON SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

Go...gate
December 8th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Looking rainy...

Cool front coming in around lunch time on Saturday. Meteorologist (dumbasses who tend to be wrong alot) predict nearly 24 hours of rain. The cold front should drop high temps down to the low 60s. LOW 40s ON SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

Grass or plastic at SHSU?

Nickels
December 8th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Grass or plastic at SHSU?
Plastic.

Nickels
December 8th, 2015, 10:53 PM
I think the entire SLC is turf..

YoUDeeMan
December 8th, 2015, 11:23 PM
That is in the Elite Eight. Say again, Ace?

And that shouldn't be ranked in the top 16.

You're probably one of those guys that automatically ranks the runner up as the number 2 team...even if 4 teams from the other bracket are clearly better than the team that finishes second. xcoffeex

YoUDeeMan
December 8th, 2015, 11:27 PM
looks like cluckie has an egg stuck up his _ _ _

You go, girl!

Care to add anything of substance, or do you need to go adjust your make up? xeyebrowx

YoUDeeMan
December 8th, 2015, 11:28 PM

Fact are tough to take sometimes.

Next time just post, "Beep...beep...beep" as you back out.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 8th, 2015, 11:40 PM
Looking rainy...

In Hamilton, NY this weather is considered "August"

YoUDeeMan
December 8th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Let's talk football.

Here's a JMU fan's take on JMU's defense...from championshipsubdivision.com's forum. It is an accurate assessment of JMU's defense. xnodx

BDKJMU:

"JMU last 5 games given up vs the run:
-305 vs RU
-234 vs W&M
-295 vs UD
-321 vs VU
-343 vs Colgate
PATHETIC. At least vs UR and W&M some excuse because they have good passing games, but no excuse vs UD (no passing game), vs VU (weak passing game) and vs Colgate (weak passing game). Especially against Colgate, because on top of a weak passing game, they don't have the horses up front that UD and VU have. Sure for the JMU defense there was lack of talent & experience in some areas, but that wasn't the #1 issue. There was enough talent & experience to be in the top half of the CAA defensively. #1 issue was scheme and coaching. Watching the charmin soft, swiss cheese JMU defense getting run all over week after week after week after week after week with no apparent adjustments is as frustrating as watching the 2009-2012 Mickey Matthews sputtering offenses in 17-13, 13-10 type losses.."

How refreshing that a CAA fan is so honest about their team (UNH...you could learn something from this). xthumbsupx

Beating UNH and JMU, especially with a run based team, really isn't that surprising. Colgate got good match ups, and took advantage of those match ups with some narrow wins over two overrated teams. A serious congratulations is due...but let's not get carried away.

I can tell you one thing...SHSU has a much better DL than JMU...deeper, faster, and bigger. We'll see how they match up schematically...SHSU is aggressive, and plays their DBs more on an island. If the SHSU DBs can nullify Colgate's WRs one on one, then it will allow the rest of SHSU's D to focus on the run. If SHSU maintains their gaps, Colgate won't be effective eating up the clock on long drives. PJ Hall is a beast unlike anyone Colgate has seen so far (maybe UD's DE last year). He can get too aggressive going up field, so there are opportunities to sneak past him...but he will need to be accounted for or he'll put you in 2nd/3rd and long. If that happens, Colgate is in for a loooooooong day.

Should be a fun game...always good to see a contrast of styles. But the money should be on SHSU to win going away.

katstrapper
December 9th, 2015, 08:08 AM

Kat O had a 5 minute drive last week to kill the clock and game and a 6 minute drive to kill the SUU game. There were several other games where the Kat O loaded up the running game to run out the clock.

Like last week, I heard some people asking why were the Kats trying to run the ball up the middle vs McNeese? My response to that is that the Kat running game is not an outside perimeter running game. It is a between the tackles and off tackle, zone running game. Anybody knows that if you want to open up the passing game, you keep pounding the ball. If you want to loosen up the defense, you throw the ball downfield. Even if the QB is struggling, you keep with the offense. Kats kept pounding the ball the results were there. Avery ran for over 100yds and the Offense put up 180yds rushing on the best run defense in the FCS.

I am not saying Longo is a genius by any means, but I think overall he has done a pretty good job. The numbers don't lie.

katstrapper
December 9th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Let's talk football.

Here's a JMU fan's take on JMU's defense...from championshipsubdivision.com's forum. It is an accurate assessment of JMU's defense. xnodx

BDKJMU:

"JMU last 5 games given up vs the run:
-305 vs RU
-234 vs W&M
-295 vs UD
-321 vs VU
-343 vs Colgate
PATHETIC. At least vs UR and W&M some excuse because they have good passing games, but no excuse vs UD (no passing game), vs VU (weak passing game) and vs Colgate (weak passing game). Especially against Colgate, because on top of a weak passing game, they don't have the horses up front that UD and VU have. Sure for the JMU defense there was lack of talent & experience in some areas, but that wasn't the #1 issue. There was enough talent & experience to be in the top half of the CAA defensively. #1 issue was scheme and coaching. Watching the charmin soft, swiss cheese JMU defense getting run all over week after week after week after week after week with no apparent adjustments is as frustrating as watching the 2009-2012 Mickey Matthews sputtering offenses in 17-13, 13-10 type losses.."

How refreshing that a CAA fan is so honest about their team (UNH...you could learn something from this). xthumbsupx

Beating UNH and JMU, especially with a run based team, really isn't that surprising. Colgate got good match ups, and took advantage of those match ups with some narrow wins over two overrated teams. A serious congratulations is due...but let's not get carried away.

I can tell you one thing...SHSU has a much better DL than JMU...deeper, faster, and bigger. We'll see how they match up schematically...SHSU is aggressive, and plays their DBs more on an island. If the SHSU DBs can nullify Colgate's WRs one on one, then it will allow the rest of SHSU's D to focus on the run. If SHSU maintains their gaps, Colgate won't be effective eating up the clock on long drives. PJ Hall is a beast unlike anyone Colgate has seen so far (maybe UD's DE last year). He can get too aggressive going up field, so there are opportunities to sneak past him...but he will need to be accounted for or he'll put you in 2nd/3rd and long. If that happens, Colgate is in for a loooooooong day.

Should be a fun game...always good to see a contrast of styles. But the money should be on SHSU to win going away.

I know in the first two playoff games he has been disruptive for sure. Here are his stats in the playoffs thus far.....

10 tackles
7 tackles for loss
3 sacks
1 interception
3 pass breakups
3 blocked kicks on special teams.

Daytripper
December 9th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Serious storms with potentially high winds forecast for the game. Whichever team can run the ball consistently and not turn it over will win. It will be low scoring game but the difference, I think and hope, will be that Sammy can hit a big play through the air and also disrupt Colgate special teams. P.J. Hall will be the difference.

BEAR
December 9th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Serious storms with potentially high winds forecast for the game. Whichever team can run the ball consistently and not turn it over will win. It will be low scoring game but the difference, I think and hope, will be that Sammy can hit a big play through the air and also disrupt Colgate special teams. P.J. Hall will be the difference.

Sounds like one of those days where you wear an extra pair of underwear....on the outside of your pants...xthumbsupx

KPSUL
December 9th, 2015, 09:51 AM
It always seems that the teams from cold weather climates will have a big advantage in cold, bad weather. However, as often as not the warm weather teams find a way to play well and win those match-ups. Perhaps the best example was Coastal going out to Montana in 2013 and beating them in sub zero temps. I recall a game in NH against Samford in December where we were gloating over a cold forecast only to see Samford beat us.

fmrbearkat
December 9th, 2015, 10:30 AM
In Hamilton, NY this weather is considered "August"

I don't think the temp change is what he was highlighting....its the fact that its supposed to rain from noon Saturday until noon Sunday with severe weather. Cold fronts here always bring lots of lightning/wind and sometimes the possibility of hail and tornado's. Temperature throughout the entire game is supposed to be mid to upper 60's. Problem football wise (besides the wet ball) is that its supposed to be a South Wind sustained 12-15 gusting 20. Typically we get a North wind and in Bowers that's a pretty consistent wind. Strong wind out of the south means it will hit the field house first and create a tumbling wind which makes it very hard to throw and kick in. Not easy conditions. You could say that favors Colgate but I will give you a few stats.

Every single game Kats play 9 Offensive lineman. Rarely if ever will the same 5 be in there two series in a row together. Usually play 2-3 series and rest 2-3 series. Most will play multiple positions.
Kats will play 4 running backs and if all 4 are 100% then they will play a fairly equal number of snaps.
Kats will use 8-10 Receivers fairly equally and 3-4 tight ends

This is due to the fact that we will run 100+ plays most likely and is done to keep our guys fresh. It's been like that every game this year and there's really not a weak spot on the offense. If someone (even a starter) goes down its not really much of a down grade of any significance. That is something I've never seen at SHSU or really very often anywhere in the FCS.

Our DL is the deepest on defense and if we have any weakness its LB's and DB's. I really never know what to expect with the Defense. Some games they look really really good and some games leave me shaking my head. The return of Okotcha at LB is huge. When he started playing mid year our defense improved significantly.

My advice for Colgate is throw it deep and hope for the best because i will guarantee you if it does end up being windy Collins will be bringing ALOT of blitzes with one of the LB's as a spy.

This should give yall a good idea of what a south wind does at Bowers.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21996&stc=1

McNeese72
December 9th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Worst case scenario would be a drawn out lightning storm with lightning continuously popping inside the designated safe zone. The teams could be sitting around waiting for the all clear for hours.

Doc

ColgateTD
December 9th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Worst case scenario would be a drawn out lightning storm with lightning continuously popping inside the designated safe zone. The teams could be sitting around waiting for the all clear for hours.

Doc

I hope this happens as I have to be elsewhere early that evening. Maybe postpone the game to 11 PM.....or even to Sunday? That would be perfect :)

TheRevSFA
December 9th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Sounds like one of those days where you wear an extra pair of underwear....on the outside of your pants...xthumbsupx

You and I experienced that once

MR. CHICKEN
December 9th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I hope this happens as I have to be elsewhere early that evening. Maybe postpone the game to 11 PM.....or even to Sunday? That would be perfect :)

..........DELAWARE STATE @ DELAWARE....PLAYED ON UH SUNDAY....(COUPLE YEARS AGO).....AFTERAH SIMILAR CONDITIONS FROM SATURDAY NIGHT..............BROCK!

Daytripper
December 9th, 2015, 02:58 PM
..........DELAWARE STATE @ DELAWARE....PLAYED ON UH SUNDAY....(COUPLE YEARS AGO).....AFTERAH SIMILAR CONDITIONS FROM SATURDAY NIGHT..............BROCK!

That wasn't a playoff game, though. The two teams could have worked it out. Our game will need NCAA blessing to change.

MR. CHICKEN
December 9th, 2015, 04:18 PM
....NCAA WILL WANNA GET IT IN..IFIN' LIGHTNIN' HOLDS UP SATURDAY.....YOU'LL PLAY SUNDAY......'NOTHERAH HOTEL NIGHT....FO' 'GATE.....WON'T MAKE 'EM HAPPY THOUGH.....BROCK!

Catsfan90
December 9th, 2015, 04:38 PM
I'm pulling for Colgate here only because I'm really intrigued at this point. I though UNH would blow them out, and then I knew for sure JMU would blow them out...lol

Nickels
December 9th, 2015, 05:25 PM
I don't think the temp change is what he was highlighting....its the fact that its supposed to rain from noon Saturday until noon Sunday with severe weather. Cold fronts here always bring lots of lightning/wind and sometimes the possibility of hail and tornado's. Temperature throughout the entire game is supposed to be mid to upper 60's. Problem football wise (besides the wet ball) is that its supposed to be a South Wind sustained 12-15 gusting 20. Typically we get a North wind and in Bowers that's a pretty consistent wind. Strong wind out of the south means it will hit the field house first and create a tumbling wind which makes it very hard to throw and kick in. Not easy conditions. You could say that favors Colgate but I will give you a few stats.

Every single game Kats play 9 Offensive lineman. Rarely if ever will the same 5 be in there two series in a row together. Usually play 2-3 series and rest 2-3 series. Most will play multiple positions.
Kats will play 4 running backs and if all 4 are 100% then they will play a fairly equal number of snaps.
Kats will use 8-10 Receivers fairly equally and 3-4 tight ends

This is due to the fact that we will run 100+ plays most likely and is done to keep our guys fresh. It's been like that every game this year and there's really not a weak spot on the offense. If someone (even a starter) goes down its not really much of a down grade of any significance. That is something I've never seen at SHSU or really very often anywhere in the FCS.

Our DL is the deepest on defense and if we have any weakness its LB's and DB's. I really never know what to expect with the Defense. Some games they look really really good and some games leave me shaking my head. The return of Okotcha at LB is huge. When he started playing mid year our defense improved significantly.

My advice for Colgate is throw it deep and hope for the best because i will guarantee you if it does end up being windy Collins will be bringing ALOT of blitzes with one of the LB's as a spy.

This should give yall a good idea of what a south wind does at Bowers.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21996&stc=1
Great post.

I thought Okotcha was done for the year. Okotcha coming back is huge.

Daytripper
December 9th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Because of the bad weather, kickoff for this game has been moved up to 11 am central...

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Lightning delays suck. Guessing that's what they're trying to avoid. Hopefully it works out.

TheRevSFA
December 9th, 2015, 09:17 PM
So start tailgating Friday night. Problem solved

Go...gate
December 10th, 2015, 12:52 AM
And that shouldn't be ranked in the top 16.

You're probably one of those guys that automatically ranks the runner up as the number 2 team...even if 4 teams from the other bracket are clearly better than the team that finishes second. xcoffeex

Yes, I am. The Finalists earn one of the top two spaces on the field. Why shouldn't the team that loses be #2?

ColgateTD
December 10th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Game will be at 12 noon eastern time - set your watches back 8 hours :)

YoUDeeMan
December 10th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Yes, I am. The Finalists earn one of the top two spaces on the field. Why shouldn't the team that loses be #2?

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh...because they aren't always the second best team.

CFBfan
December 10th, 2015, 10:40 AM

wow! that UD education has really empowered you and set you apart!

Lehigh'98
December 10th, 2015, 11:09 AM

"If you ain't first, you're last" - Ricky Bobbi

So by definition they are always 2nd best.

KPSUL
December 10th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Because of the bad weather, kickoff for this game has been moved up to 11 am central...

Good news for this game. Unfortunately it is running concurrently with UNI @ NDSU. Looks like I'll have games on both the big TV and the computer monitor Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

Go...gate
December 10th, 2015, 01:17 PM

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Daytripper
December 10th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Good news for this game. Unfortunately it is running concurrently with UNI @ NDSU. Looks like I'll have games on both the big TV and the computer monitor Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

Depending on the weather, this one could last 5 hours.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2015, 08:38 AM
According to updated weather forecasts it looks like it will be dry for the first half of the game. Whichever team gets to the half with a lead will have a huge advantage. Downpours and wind will make it difficult to score in the second half.

Nickels
December 11th, 2015, 09:12 AM
No. The FCS playoffs decide who is number 1. That's it. It doesn't determine 2-24 in the FCS. The bracket isn't even completely seeded and what is seeded is done so with regionalization in mind. The 12 best teams could be on same side of the bracket (we don't want to hear it MVFC fans). On top of that the playoff field has AQs which leaves out AL teams who may be better.

Not only does this playoff set up not tell us 2-24. It doesn't even include the best 24 teams in the FCS.

I'm not complaining but it is what it is.

YoUDeeMan
December 11th, 2015, 10:38 AM
wow! that UD education has really empowered you and set you apart!

Another gem added to the conversation from CBFfan. xlolxxlolxxlolx

Empowerment...you go, girl!

YoUDeeMan
December 11th, 2015, 10:47 AM
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Yup.

I get it, though...it is just an easier way of thinking. A lot of folks like to ignore reality and can't think outside the bracket. Those types also usually pull a straight ticket lever. It's OK...the world has survived and thrived despite that type of thinking, and it will probably last at least another few billion years as well. xthumbsupx

YoUDeeMan
December 11th, 2015, 10:50 AM
No. The FCS playoffs decide who is number 1. That's it. It doesn't determine 2-24 in the FCS. The bracket isn't even completely seeded and what is seeded is done so with regionalization in mind. The 12 best teams could be on same side of the bracket (we don't want to hear it MVFC fans). On top of that the playoff field has AQs which leaves out AL teams who may be better.

Not only does this playoff set up not tell us 2-24. It doesn't even include the best 24 teams in the FCS.

Look at that...a SHSU guy out thinking a Colgate guy. xnodx

Daytripper
December 11th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Look at that...a SHSU guy out thinking a Colgate guy. xnodx

Hopefully it will happen again tomorrow.

KPSUL
December 11th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Yup.

I get it, though...it is just an easier way of thinking. A lot of folks like to ignore reality and can't think outside the bracket. Those types also usually pull a straight ticket lever. It's OK...the world has survived and thrived despite that type of thinking, and it will probably last at least another few billion years as well. xthumbsupx

Although there is no requirement for voters in major polls to rank the Championship runner-up #2 in the final poll, that has been the case for each of the last 10 seasons. Probably longer, but I just didn't have time to check the last billion. Incidently, that includes the 2007 Delaware Blue Hens who lost by 28 points in the championship game and had the worst won-loss record among the top 5 teams.

Pard4Life
December 11th, 2015, 03:02 PM
You know the post game is going to revolve around two talking points:

1) Colgate got blown out and got lucky to be here

2) SHSU choked the game away

MR. CHICKEN
December 11th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Although there is no requirement for voters in major polls to rank the Championship runner-up #2 in the final poll, that has been the case for each of the last 10 seasons. Probably longer, but I just didn't have time to check the last billion. Incidently, that includes the 2007 Delaware Blue Hens who lost by 28 points in the championship game and had the worst won-loss record among the top 5 teams.

.....TA BE FAIR...IT WAS APPALACHIAN STATE/MEAC REFS....WHOM BEAT MICHIGAN.....AN' WOODAH CLOCKED ANYONE IN DUH DANCE.......WE LOST THREE GAMES...TA 'NOVA/RICHMOND (6 OT'S)/AN' YER OWN 'CATS....BACK WHEN DUH CAA....WAS DUH NEW MVFC......WHIFF UH W OVERAH NAVY......AN' WHIFF-IN DUH TOP 5...THE FOUR....WHOM HAD BETTER RECORDS.....ONE WAS APPY.....ONE WAS RICHMOND........AN' DELAWARE BEAT BOTH...UH DUH OTHERAHS....NORFFERN IOWA/SOUFFERN ILLINOIS....AT DEY'RE PLACES........HEY IT'S NOT MAH ARGUMENT.......BUT WHEN POSTIN'......TELL DUH WHOLE STORY....WHEN BUILDIN' YER CASE........xcoolx.....BROCK!

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2015, 05:18 PM
.....TA BE FAIR...IT WAS APPALACHIAN STATE/MEAC REFS....WHOM BEAT MICHIGAN.....AN' WOODAH CLOCKED ANYONE IN DUH DANCE.......WE LOST THREE GAMES...TA 'NOVA/RICHMOND (6 OT'S)/AN' YER OWN 'CATS....BACK WHEN DUH CAA....WAS DUH NEW MVFC......WHIFF UH W OVERAH NAVY......AN' WHIFF-IN DUH TOP 5...THE FOUR....WHOM HAD BETTER RECORDS.....ONE WAS APPY.....ONE WAS RICHMOND........AN' DELAWARE BEAT BOTH...UH DUH OTHERAHS....NORFFERN IOWA/SOUFFERN ILLINOIS....AT DEY'RE PLACES........HEY IT'S NOT MAH ARGUMENT.......BUT WHEN POSTIN'......TELL DUH WHOLE STORY....WHEN BUILDIN' YER CASE........xcoolx.....BROCK!

that's right Mr. Chicken, Appy didn't need any help in that game but Fat Albert had other ideas.... it was bad is putting it mildly

Sammy94
December 11th, 2015, 05:39 PM
1) Colgate got blown out and got lucky to be here

2) SHSU choked the game away

Actually if the weather cooperates we won't have to worry about #2.

KPSUL
December 11th, 2015, 08:10 PM

Thanks Mr. Chicken, I wasn't fully aware of how tough App St was that year. I knew the Hens had beaten UNI in a earlier who I think had been #1 seed. I wasn't trying to disparage your 07 Hens, just trying to illustrate that as far as I was willing to research, it looked like runner-up in the tourney always ended up #2 in the polls, EVEN when the numbers might favor a team that lost to the winner in the semi's or quarters.

Go...gate
December 11th, 2015, 08:32 PM

Colgate was also #2 in 2003.

Go...gate
December 11th, 2015, 08:36 PM

So what you are saying is that teams who beat the teams they have no control over playing don't get consideration for winning those games in the final analysis?

Nickels
December 11th, 2015, 09:55 PM
So what you are saying is that teams who beat the teams they have no control over playing don't get consideration for winning those games in the final analysis?
THERE IS NO FINAL ANALYSIS! The number one team wins it all. Every other team isn't number one. That's it.

YoUDeeMan
December 11th, 2015, 10:46 PM

Thank for proving that most people are sheeple. xnodx

YoUDeeMan
December 11th, 2015, 10:52 PM

Huh? xeyebrowx

How do you rate the teams that lose in the sweet 16? Do you automatically rank them 9-16? If not, you've lost your entire argument. If so, how do you rank them within that range? Hmmmmmm...perhaps their overall body of work? What a novel idea...and one that, of course, also destroys your entire argument. xlolx

You can't justify what you are trying to justify, but my bet is that you go down swinging...and you will have lots of company. Baaaaaaaaaahhhh-baaaaaaaaaahhhh.

KPSUL
December 11th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Thank for proving that most people are sheeple. xnodx

All in a day's work!

YoUDeeMan
December 11th, 2015, 10:53 PM
All in a day's work!

xthumbsupx

KPSUL
December 11th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Huh? xeyebrowx

How do you rate the teams that lose in the sweet 16? Do you automatically rank them 9-16? If not, you've lost your entire argument. If so, how do you rank them within that range? Hmmmmmm...perhaps their overall body of work? What a novel idea...and one that, of course, also destroys your entire argument. xlolx

You can't justify what you are trying to justify, but my bet is that you go down swinging...and you will have lots of company. Baaaaaaaaaahhhh-baaaaaaaaaahhhh.

I have to admit that you're a master of twisting someone's statement to match you latest contrived argument!

- - - Updated - - -

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2015, 06:27 AM
Will Sammy's dream match up turn into a nightmare in Texas?

it just might, look for Sammy to make a lot of mistakes today... Colgate will be hanging around....

BearKatProud
December 12th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Will Sammy's dream match up turn into a nightmare in Texas?

it just might, look for Sammy to make a lot of mistakes today... Colgate will be hanging around....

After seeing Richmond last night, and knowing how Colgate can eat the clock....it's not going to be an easy game.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2015, 07:19 AM
After seeing Richmond last night, and knowing how Colgate can eat the clock....it's not going to be an easy game.

agree, The truth is we don't know how good the Southland Conf actually is or is not, Patriot league has shown they are at least equal with most of the CAA minus Richmond

How many out of Conf games did Sammy and McNeese play this year?

I think a lot of Sammy fans are going to get an unpleasant surprise today from the Yanks...... Go Gate!

MR. CHICKEN
December 12th, 2015, 07:22 AM
.......MAH OWN-LAH ??'s.........HOW MUCH DID IT TAKE OUTTAH......DUH 'KATS.......LAST WEEK...xconfusedx....'AN KAN KC.......SQWEEZE SOME MORE....OUTTAH 'EM......xconfusedx....BROCK!

BearKatProud
December 12th, 2015, 07:26 AM
agree, The truth is we don't know how good the Southland Conf actually is or is not, Patriot league has shown they are at least equal with most of the CAA minus Richmond

I think a lot of Sammy fans are going to get an unpleasant surprise today from the Yanks...... Go Gate!

I think playoff experience, home crowd and the coach make the difference today. Believe my 'Kats will win, just not the blowout some are expecting.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2015, 07:41 AM
I think playoff experience, home crowd and the coach make the difference today. Believe my 'Kats will win, just not the blowout some are expecting.

two out of three aint bad

KPSUL
December 12th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Patriot league has shown they are at least equal with most of the CAA minus Richmond

I nominate Colgate to be an honorary member of the CAA; however, The Patriot went 1-6 against the CAA in the regular season. None of those games were against Richmond.
You had a good argument until you went there.

Before the Patriot fans over-react let me say that I think they are headed in the right direction and may be near parity within a couple season. Fordham and Colgate are already there, Lehigh and Holy Cross may be next season, Georgetown is doing amazingly well with the lack of resourcing. Bucknell I have no feel for and I'll have to accept the testimony of all the great Lafayette fans who post here that the Pards must off load the "Frankasaurus" first.

YoUDeeMan
December 12th, 2015, 08:18 AM
I have to admit that you're a master of twisting someone's statement to match you latest contrived argument!

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying I'm a master baiter? xeyebrowx

YoUDeeMan
December 12th, 2015, 08:26 AM

The CAA absolutely stunk this year. Richmond is gelling at the right time...they have a nice offense, but their D is still soft.

And did you watch the Colgate games against UNH and JMU? The defenses of UNH and JMU were offensive to anyone who ever played on that side of the line. Paper thin DLs...no coverage from the DBs. Kudos to Colgate for exploiting those weaknesses...but c'mon, no one with any knowledge of UNH and JMU could possibly not have expected their teams to get bounced. They were overrated...and it showed.

UNH and JMU didn't come close to having a good D. SHSU isn't known fo rhteir D, but they are light years ahead of both UNH and JMU.

SHSU has a lot more talent than Colgate. In your world, why play the game?

The only thing that keeps Colgate in the game today is the weather. Wind and/or rain is the great equalizer as it negates a passing attack and neutralizes speed.

YoUDeeMan
December 12th, 2015, 08:27 AM
two out of three aint bad

Yeah, there isn't likely to be a big crowd, so at least they have the coach, the experience and a small advantage with the home field.

the last indian
December 12th, 2015, 08:31 AM
I think the Blue Hens should go back to their jobs as corrections officers and butt out of this discussion.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2015, 08:32 AM
The CAA absolutely stunk this year. Richmond is gelling at the right time...they have a nice offense, but their D is still soft.

that's why I compared the CAA to the Patriot and also picked Richmond to beat Redbirds last night.... read up Cluck

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Yeah, there isn't likely to be a big crowd, so at least they have the coach, the experience and a small advantage with the home field.

from what I've seen on the Sammy sidelines, the assistants do all the coaching and KC brings in the talent..... perfect recipe for success.

MR. CHICKEN
December 12th, 2015, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=the last indian;2305057[B]I think the Blue Hens should go back to their jobs as corrections officers and butt out of this discussion.

....GRASSHOPPERAH....IT'S UH DISCUSSION BOARD...AN' DIS THREAD....INVOLVES...UH FORMER DELAWARE HEAD MAN.....WHO WENT TA THREE BALLS...IN 10 YEARS....WHOM...DELAWARE FANS CAIN'T BELIVE...NOW RESIDES IN TEJAS.........AN'WE HAVE INTEREST IN SAMMY NOW..FO' HIM....DON'T KNOW YER AFFILIATION....SO MAYBEAH...YA DON'T HAVE UH PUPPY......IN DIS FIGHT....(MIGHT WANNAH TAKE YER OWN ADVICE)......BUT WE DO............FIRE BROCK!

KPSUL
December 12th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Are you saying I'm a master baiter? xeyebrowx

Well said ! And thanks for the warning, your not going to bait me with your most recent post. Nice try though. You'd probably have hooked me if I hadn't read this one first.

BEAR
December 12th, 2015, 08:49 AM
As a Sammy fan once had on his sig line....Second place is the first loser. xlolx

KPSUL
December 12th, 2015, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=the last indian;2305057[B]I think the Blue Hens should go back to their jobs as corrections officers and butt out of this discussion.

....GRASSHOPPERAH....IT'S UH DISCUSSION BOARD...AN' DIS THREAD....INVOLVES...UH FORMER DELAWARE HEAD MAN.....WHO WENT TA THREE BALLS...IN 10 YEARS....WHOM...DELAWARE FANS CAIN'T BELIVE...NOW RESIDES IN TEJAS.........AN'WE HAVE INTEREST IN SAMMY NOW..FO' HIM....DON'T KNOW YER AFFILIATION....SO MAYBEAH...YA DON'T HAVE UH PUPPY......IN DIS FIGHT....(MIGHT WANNAH TAKE YER OWN ADVICE)......BUT WE DO............FIRE BROCK!

Have to think the Last Indian refers to the last Red Raider, so I'm going with Colgate fan. If he is, he sorta has a legitimate gripe. We are posting a majority of, at best, indirect stuff, at worst, extraneous stuff, to this thread. Having some fun though!

MR. CHICKEN
December 12th, 2015, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=MR. CHICKEN;2305061]

Have to think the Last Indian refers to the last Red Raider, so I'm going with Colgate fan. If he is, he sorta has a legitimate gripe. We are posting a majority of, at best, indirect stuff, at worst, extraneous stuff, to this thread. Having some fun though!

...HERE FO DUH CHUCKLES.....MAH BAD SELF.....xlolx....PLEASE FIRE BROCK!

BearKatProud
December 12th, 2015, 09:28 AM

Hearing word there are standing room only tickets, that's it, but that's anecdotal.

Gate83
December 12th, 2015, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=MR. CHICKEN;2305061]

Think it's great this thread keeps popping to the top of the board, keep it up!

KPSUL
December 12th, 2015, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=KPSUL;2305068]

Think it's great this thread keeps popping to the top of the board, keep it up!

Go Colgate, beat the Kats! (But not the Cats next time)

Gate83
December 12th, 2015, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=Gate83;2305096]

Go Colgate, beat the Kats! (But not the Cats next time)

No Cats on our schedule the next couple of years, would be happy to make another playoff trip to Durham!

F'N Hawks
December 12th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Weather update?

Andy
December 12th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Just another mid-December Saturday watching Patriot League football. Go 'Gate!

BearKatProud
December 12th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Eat 'EM Up Kats!!!

JSUSoutherner
December 12th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Sorry Colgate, but if anyone gets to punch SHSU's face in it's us. After what happened last year they are ours. I'll be rooting for the Kats to make another venture to Burgess today.

Plus, after seeing the option tear through our defense last night I want no more of that crap.

TheRevSFA
December 12th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Weather update?

Minty fresh

BearKatProud
December 12th, 2015, 11:12 AM
7-0 'Kats after opening drive.

TheRevSFA
December 12th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Sam is going to blow through the Raiders. I called it earlier this week and I meant it

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 12th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Not a good start for Colgate. They have to tackle in space. They did a pretty good job against JMU. Today not so much...

Sammy94
December 12th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Starting to look like I thought it would.

Bogus Megapardus
December 12th, 2015, 11:45 AM
GO 'GATE!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 12th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Perfect 'Gate drive..

Sam_Kats
December 12th, 2015, 11:48 AM
LOL. Fake punt & convert on 4th down. Our D is so damn terrible.

TheEagleSHSU
December 12th, 2015, 12:03 PM
21-7 KATS 8:51 left in 2nd qtr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoUDeeMan
December 12th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Well said ! And thanks for the warning, your not going to bait me with your most recent post. Nice try though. You'd probably have hooked me if I hadn't read this one first.

Had to change hooks and bait...the fish were too small. :D

ngineer
December 12th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Well, Colgate showed up with Lehigh's defense. Very poor trackling with runners getting huge YAC yards. 'gate coaching decisions very questionable going away from their strength in the first drive and weird fourth down calls---running on fourth and nine?? Still, Raiders showing they can move the ball. IF, and a huge one, they can figure out how to stop SH a few times, they can get back in it with receiving in the third quarter. SH QB has all day to throw. No pressure at all. Melville's overthrow of #80 deep was huge. Would have set up in the red zone. Such plays are magnified when playing quality competition. You only get so many opportunities. Hope the Raiders can claw back. Not over yet.

kdinva
December 12th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Sammy up 34-14, 11:01 in the 3rd.....

katstrapper
December 12th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Sorry Colgate, but if anyone gets to punch SHSU's face in it's us. After what happened last year they are ours. I'll be rooting for the Kats to make another venture to Burgess today.

Plus, after seeing the option tear through our defense last night I want no more of that crap.

be careful what you wish for

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 12th, 2015, 01:10 PM
turn out the lights the party's over...

Sammy94
December 12th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Party was over before it started.

Sitting Bull
December 12th, 2015, 01:38 PM
I nominate Colgate to be an honorary member of the CAA; however, The Patriot went 1-6 against the CAA in the regular season. None of those games were against Richmond.
You had a good argument until you went there.

Before the Patriot fans over-react let me say that I think they are headed in the right direction and may be near parity within a couple season. Fordham and Colgate are already there, Lehigh and Holy Cross may be next season, Georgetown is doing amazingly well with the lack of resourcing. Bucknell I have no feel for and I'll have to accept the testimony of all the great Lafayette fans who post here that the Pards must off load the "Frankasaurus" first.

Pulling for Colgate though looks tough at this point.

I agree on the PL. A 1-6 record is undeniable though I think you can say they have pulled near even with the bowels of the CAA - URI/Delaware/UAlbany - though still think they are a few years away at least from consistently challenging the upper tier.

kdinva
December 12th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Kats up 48-14, about 10 minutes left.......good run by 'Gate......they did better than CAA #2 JMU....

the last indian
December 12th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Keebler has no class. Running up the score on a trick play when he has the game well in hand. No wonder he ended up in Resume Speed, Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

Make that Keeler. Auto correct got me again.

BearKatProud
December 12th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Keebler has no class. Running up the score on a trick play when he has the game well in hand. No wonder he ended up in Resume Speed, Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

gate has used a fake punt and gone for it on 4th 3 times today, let's not pretend this is pee-wee please.

Sitting Bull
December 12th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Kats up 48-14, about 10 minutes left.......good run by 'Gate......they did better than CAA #2 JMU....

#3 JMU

katstrapper
December 12th, 2015, 01:50 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Running up the score? Ha ha... Whole 4th quarter to play . Keep pedal to the medal till clock reads zero.

TheRevSFA
December 12th, 2015, 01:55 PM

Yeah about this

Nickels
December 12th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Yeah about this
I didn't see it getting THAT bad but I didn't figure it would be much of a game after watching them last week.

BearKatProud
December 12th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Glad I was wrong....on to the next!

ngineer
December 12th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Congrats to the Bearkats. Very nice offensive balance. 'gate got off on the wrong foot with poor play calling and got themselves in a two score hole that made it very difficult from there on after with the type of offense they have, plus not having the required defense to handle all the weapons SHSU has. Raiders had to play near perfect game to have a shot and they weren't even close to playing a good game. Great season for them, however. They will certainly be the odds-on favorites next year in the PL with Fordham, Lehigh, and Holy Cross right behind. Looking forward to the SHSU/JSU game next week. O/U should be around 100!

Bearkat 41
December 12th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Running up the score? If we wanted to run up the score we would have scored 60+.

653 yards and 37 first downs. We did just about whatever we wanted the entire game.

Play some defense or keep your mouth shut about getting the score run up. Hell, 48 is less than what I thought the raiders would give up. But this game was not as close as the final score...

Mr. C
December 12th, 2015, 02:44 PM
from what I've seen on the Sammy sidelines, the assistants do all the coaching and KC brings in the talent..... perfect recipe for success.
From my many discussions with K.C. on Xs and Os stuff, he knows more than you might think. During his year away from coaching, he was driving to NFL Film headquarters several times a week and schooling some of those analysts on the intricacies of the read option that was starting to gain some footing in the league. I bet there are a lot of people who wish K.C. still had a Delaware address.

He always has been first class with me.

the last indian
December 12th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I see the lack of class extends beyond your coach. Now get back to your road repair crew. (Did anyone notice their SAT's?)

Mr. C
December 12th, 2015, 02:49 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Keebler was your one-liner. Keeler knows how bad his defense can be at giving up points and also has the experience of seeing a national title slip through his fingers in the fourth quarter (thanks again to that horrific officiating crew and Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp on the chain gang). No one else thinks it was running up the score.

Samalum'10
December 12th, 2015, 02:53 PM
I thought Keebler was your one-liner. Keeler knows how bad his defense can be at giving up points and also has the experience of seeing a national title slip through his fingers in the fourth quarter (thanks again to that horrific officiating crew and Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp on the chain gang). No one else thinks it was running up the score.
FWIW, everybody around me knew one more score and we would see our backups. Exactly what happened, good call by Longo

BearKatProud
December 12th, 2015, 02:54 PM
I see the lack of class extends beyond your coach. Now get back to your road repair crew. (Did anyone notice their SAT's?)

Nope, but I noticed your SADs,

Lehigh Football Nation
December 12th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Keeler did a great job scouting out Colgate's defense and attacking it. He figured out Gate couldn't cover that WR quick screen and ran it over and over, daring Gate to stop it, and they really couldn't. Congrats to the Bearkats. They have a shot in Jacksonville.

Mr. C
December 12th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Keeler did a great job scouting out Colgate's defense and attacking it. He figured out Gate couldn't cover that WR quick screen and ran it over and over, daring Gate to stop it, and they really couldn't. Congrats to the Bearkats. They have a shot in Jacksonville.
I don't know if SHSU's defense can stop the Gamecocks, however. Eli Jenkins has been awesome in the playoffs. If I was a better, I would be taking the over on points for this game.

BearKatProud
December 12th, 2015, 02:59 PM
I don't know if SHSU's defense can stop the Gamecocks, however. Eli Jenkins has been awesome in the playoffs. If I was a better, I would be taking the over on points for this game.

Counting last year as well?

All kidding aside, jsu looks much improved and it will be a battle.

katstrapper
December 12th, 2015, 03:16 PM

Look in the mirror. i think the lack of class is your post. Go away troll.

katstrapper
December 12th, 2015, 03:17 PM

This is same defense as last year and they did enough last year. Could be a track meet.

Bearkat 41
December 12th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Where is there a lack of class? This game could have been much uglier if shsu had wanted to embarrass Colgate in the fourth quarter. And our fans are being classless how? For pointing out that Colgate was in over their heads? The warnings were given all week.

I guess it's classless to win. I get it now.

Daytripper
December 12th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Where is there a lack of class? This game could have been much uglier if shsu had wanted to embarrass Colgate in the fourth quarter. And our fans are being classless how? For pointing out that Colgate was in over their heads? The warnings were given all week.

This....

This is big-boy football. If your feelings get hurt because you got hammered fair and square, then may they shouldn't play.

CFBfan
December 12th, 2015, 04:07 PM

as a PL fan and Gate fan I say congrats to the Kats, you did what you needed to do today. last indian has lost his way on this (something in his peace pipe?)
good luck in the semi's

Daytripper
December 12th, 2015, 04:09 PM
as a PL fan and Gate fan I say congrats to the Kats, you did what you needed to do today. last indian has lost his way on this (something in his peace pipe?)
good luck in the semi's

Raiders played tough and didn't back down at all. Seemed like a great bunch of kids and the fans who showed were great. Hope 'gate can build on this and return to the playoffs next year. They represented the PL well.

CFBfan
December 12th, 2015, 04:09 PM
This....

This is big-boy football. If your feelings get hurt because you got hammered fair and square, then may they shouldn't play.

don't use last indian as an indication how other PL/Gate fans feel...please!! well done today SH!
hopefully Gate and the PL is on the upswing.....another season or 2 will tell. In the meantime they've gotta take their lumps against the upper echelon and continue to improve

Daytripper
December 12th, 2015, 04:12 PM
don't use last indian as an indication how other PL/Gate fans feel...please!! well done today SH!
hopefully Gate and the PL is on the upswing.....another season or 2 will tell. In the meantime they've gotta take their lumps against the upper echelon and continue to improve

+1

Lehigh'98
December 12th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Congratulations Sam. Colgate was in over their heads today!! I knew once they ran into a team that could stop the run, they'd in for it. Congrats Colgate on a fantastic season and getting some much needed playoff wins for the PL.

Good call Rev!!

TheRevSFA
December 12th, 2015, 04:33 PM

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like someone is having a heavy flow day

LuckyKat
December 12th, 2015, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=the last indian;2305554]I see the lack of class extends beyond your coach. Now get back to your road repair crew. (Did anyone notice their SAT's?)[/Q

PHBBBTT!!!

Gate83
December 12th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Better team won, congrats! Hope we're even better next year. Beat JSU!

LuckyKat
December 12th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Nice run by Colgate,,, but knew this one one not be close,
JXville ST, look forward to the rematch, but will be the same result,,,,

2ram
December 12th, 2015, 06:33 PM
great effort by colgate, but congrats to SHSU on the win. clearly the better team today.

Go...gate
December 12th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Raiders played tough and didn't back down at all. Seemed like a great bunch of kids and the fans who showed were great. Hope 'gate can build on this and return to the playoffs next year. They represented the PL well.

Thanks and congratulations to the Bearkats. Good luck the rest of the way!

kakat10
December 13th, 2015, 07:04 AM
1. Colgate really had no chance
2. Kats dominated the entire game
3. Impressed with how well the fans traveled, well done.
4. Was it necessary to have the mist fans running on the sidelines? I mean it was like 72 degrees and SE Texas muggy not 105 degrees and sunshine
5. Hope y'all made it back safely and enjoy Christmas

Question: I heard you guys were the Colgate Red Raiders up until a few years ago. The name was changed and the red was dropped. Why? Did the PC Police come knocking?

Nickels
December 13th, 2015, 08:21 AM
4. Was it necessary to have the mist fans running on the sidelines? I mean it was like 72 degrees and SE Texas muggy not 105 degrees and sunshine

Question: I heard you guys were the Colgate Red Raiders up until a few years ago. The name was changed and the red was dropped. Why? Did the PC Police come knocking?
They're yankees. They are the PC police...

Sader87
December 13th, 2015, 01:18 PM

Long story short, yup. Much like Dartmouth dropped Indians for Big Green.

kakat10
December 13th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Long story short, yup. Much like Dartmouth dropped Indians for Big Green.

That's a real shame... Let's bleach everything offensive from history for the sake of not hurting any feelings.

Was there any actual Indians who said they were offended?

Don't get me wrong, the Indians got the shaft but a sports team name is likely the least of their worries.

CFBfan
December 13th, 2015, 04:44 PM
That's a real shame... Let's bleach everything offensive from history for the sake of not hurting any feelings.

Don't get me wrong, the Indians got the shaft but a sports team name is likely the least of their worries.

what's next.....the Fighting Irish???

kakat10
December 13th, 2015, 05:28 PM
what's next.....the Fighting Irish???

I'm offended for the Irish and I'm not even Irish. Where's my professional protestor buddies. #RedBeardsMatter

Sitting Bull
December 13th, 2015, 08:38 PM

Actually there were three schools nicknamed Indians: Dartmouth, Stanford and William & Mary. Dartmouth changed to Big Green, Stanford to Cardinal and W&M shifted to Tribe. This all happened in the late 70s.

Not sure on Dartmouth or Stanford though Indians wasn't just picked out of a hat at W&M. The College when originally founded in part included a building, the Brafferton, which is still on campus, to offer education to the local Tribes in Virginia.

Gate83
December 13th, 2015, 08:40 PM

Not only were no Indians offended, it's not even the origin of the name. The "Red" moniker was picked up from a Syracuse sportswriter describing the color of our uniforms, as is acknowledged in the Board Resolution to drop "Red" for PC reasons in '01. Very pleased my son plays on the rugby team, which calls themselves the "Still Reds" for reasons we can't tell our administration...

http://www.patriotleague.org/genrel/081501aaa.html

YoUDeeMan
December 14th, 2015, 08:18 AM
From my many discussions with K.C. on Xs and Os stuff, he knows more than you might think. During his year away from coaching, he was driving to NFL Film headquarters several times a week and schooling some of those analysts on the intricacies of the read option that was starting to gain some footing in the league. I bet there are a lot of people who wish K.C. still had a Delaware address.

He always has been first class with me.

Well said.

There are haters out there...

YoUDeeMan
December 14th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Not only were no Indians offended, it's not even the origin of the name. The "Red" moniker was picked up from a Syracuse sportswriter describing the color of our uniforms, as is acknowledged in the Board Resolution to drop "Red" for PC reasons in '01. Very pleased my son plays on the rugby team, which calls themselves the "Still Reds" for reasons we can't tell our administration...

http://www.patriotleague.org/genrel/081501aaa.html

That's awesome! xlolxxthumbsupx

32counter
December 14th, 2015, 08:50 PM
The Bearkats roster is comprised of a bunch of JUCO and FBS and BCS players who couldn't get near the Admissions office of Colgate.Let's be real.The imbalance of the game score certainly reflects a comparison of student-athlete vs athlete.This is the model which Kasey Keeler followed at Delaware before his players were finally asked to read a book,write a book report on it and recite the 9's multiplication tables.The admin in Newark,DE raised its entrance requirements(which were low) which dramatically changed Keeler's recruiting player profile.Sam Houston will likely never require even academic mediocrity from its players.

bearKat roster:

http://www.gobearkats.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=11345&SPSID=92958

raider roster: no FBS/no Juco/no BCS)

http://gocolgateraiders.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 14th, 2015, 09:01 PM
The Bearkats roster is comprised of a bunch of JUCO and FBS and BCS players who couldn't get near the Admissions office of Colgate.Let's be real.The imbalance of the game score certainly reflects a comparison of student-athlete vs athlete.This is the model which Kasey Keeler followed at Delaware before his players were finally asked to read a book,write a book report on it and recite the 9's multiplication tables.The admin in Newark,DE raised its entrance requirements(which were low) which dramatically changed Keeler's recruiting player profile.Sam Houston will likely never require even academic mediocrity from its players.

bearKat roster:

That excuse only goes so far. SHSU was ranked between 10-15 for most the year in the AGS Poll. They were considered a high quality team but still a step a behind the elite of FCS. They've peaked at the right time and caught a bit of a break in draw imo. McNeese having to beat SHSU twice, even in Lake Charles, was always going to be tough.

If Richmond can do it so can the PL schools. Likewise with Villanova. I think next year could be the year the league really makes a splash nationally from Labor Day through mid December. Everyone in the league, including Colgate, must get better on defense. It's a glaring weakness that will be the downfall if it's not addressed across the board. Colgate was a good team that really improved as the year goes on but was ultimately done in by a so-so defense imo and lack of big plays...

Lehigh plays Villanova and Colgate gets Richmond next year. Those hopefully will prove to be big time OOC games.

Nickels
December 14th, 2015, 11:04 PM

bearKat roster:

LOL you Ivy wannabees are some bitter homos. You lost (decisively), get over it.

Gater
December 15th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Nickels, 32counter is a Richmond fan. Next time you feel like someone is questioning your intelligence, I'd suggest not insulting the wrong school with a homophobic slur. You kind of doubled down on the stupidity.

In terms of the game, your team won going away. Colgate lost. That should be the only thing that matters when it comes to teams playing against each other. Can't imagine the Colgate players making excuses the way some of the Colgate fans have.

In terms of what matters in life, calling the fan of the wrong team "some bitter homos" tells me that what happened last Saturday may be a greater victory for you than it should be.

Good luck to the Sam Houston team the rest of the way. Some really good players who certainly seem fast enough and athletic enough and smart enough to win it all.

CFBfan
December 15th, 2015, 06:27 AM
LOL you Ivy wannabees are some bitter homos. You lost (decisively), get over it.

do you and "cluck u" live in the same trailer park? do you share the same trailer?

Pards Rule
December 15th, 2015, 06:53 AM
do you and "cluck u" live in the same trailer park? do you share the same trailer?

Nickles I don't know if you want to go up against bitter homos. They would tear you apart and burn the trailer down.

YoUDeeMan
December 15th, 2015, 07:51 AM

Your identical twin sister tells me that Vagisil comes in wipes. You should get some...and take care of that leak. xthumbsupx

bluehenbillk
December 15th, 2015, 08:01 AM

bearKat roster:

You do have one thing right, Colgate may not have any FBS transfers on there roster. But it is full of players who weren't smart enough to get into the Ivy League :)

CFBfan
December 15th, 2015, 08:13 AM
You do have one thing right, Colgate may not have any FBS transfers on there roster. But it is full of players who weren't smart enough to get into the Ivy League :)

or who took a full scholarship instead of paying $65,000 per year......but then you probably can't count that high so no worries

YoUDeeMan
December 15th, 2015, 09:01 AM
or who took a full scholarship instead of paying $65,000 per year......but then you probably can't count that high so no worries

Penny wise and pound foolish.

Oh, and 70% of Harvard students get financial aid...but Colgate's kids aren't smart enough to know that.

The really sad part about Colgate is that their fans talked about their SAT scores compared to SHSU's...and determined that was the reason for such a lopsided loss. But Colgate's SATs pale in comparison to the Ivy League schools such as Yale and Princeton...and Colgate still got beat by those teams.

Can't beat the smarter kids...can't beat the dummies. xlolx

Daytripper
December 15th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Talk all the smack about transfers you want, but we follow the rules and win within those rules. Colgate and other "elite" universities may win the academic snobbery victory, but this is a football fan forum and football is what we care about here. If you want to debate/compare academics, write me a dissertation and post it. I promise, I will read it.

Gater
December 15th, 2015, 10:11 AM
I agree with Daytripper. Having to bring academics into a discussion about football is a position of weakness and nothing but an excuse.

As for Cluck U, it's awesome to have you on this thread! I know you haven't had much to post about in a few months but AGS members like you (from the lesser football schools) are the lifeblood of this board so it's great to have you here!!!