PDA

View Full Version : Richmond @ Illinois State Friday 6:30pm

Pages : 1 2 [3]

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 11th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Good Lord. The Redbirds fans were remarkably soft all week and are showing it now too. Geez.

steelbison
December 12th, 2015, 12:18 AM
Richmond could beat UNI at home. They have NO chance in Fargo.

Don't be an idiot. Richmond has a very good team. Could beat any team including ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 12th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Don't be an idiot. Richmond has a very good team. Could beat any team including ours.

Love it.

Prime Power
December 12th, 2015, 12:25 AM

Don't be an idiot....no they don't. See how that works?

Bison56
December 12th, 2015, 12:34 AM
This thread xdrunkyx

Redbird Recon
December 12th, 2015, 01:07 AM
Congrats to Richmond on the victory! Nothing but respect for the team and fans I met tonight!

PantherRob82
December 12th, 2015, 01:15 AM
That's what happens when you are not use to winning. Isn't sure how to act.

So what excuse do you use for some of the Bison fans? xlolx

Also, pretty sure Richmond knows about winning.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 12th, 2015, 01:17 AM
So what excuse do you use for some of the Bison fans? xlolx

Also, pretty sure Richmond knows about winning.

Thank you. With all respect to NIU, we want Fargo.

PantherRob82
December 12th, 2015, 01:33 AM
Thank you. With all respect to NIU, we want Fargo.

Well we want to come to your place and spoil the semis for you. We owe you.

Coach Farley's comments about Richmond after they beat Illinois State tonight: WCF Courier (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)

Thundar
December 12th, 2015, 02:36 AM
lol...FBS redturds are done..guess that video of smashing the runner up trophy got to you...congrats Richmond I was cheering all the way

now hopefully NDSU does the job today

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2015, 06:18 AM
It appears that whoever plays Richmond next week should just throw at whoever #9 is attempting to cover all game. He seemed allergic to making a play on the ball all night.

word is your #21 is already on the hit list for the game next week, Richmond likes what they see

MacThor
December 12th, 2015, 06:35 AM
It appears that whoever plays Richmond next week should just throw at whoever #9 is attempting to cover all game. He seemed allergic to making a play on the ball all night.
Yep that's the strategy against Richmond. 8 had a rough night too.

Go to the well too often and our safeties and linebackers will make you pay.

Catsfan90
December 12th, 2015, 06:36 AM
I wonder if he was able to let ISU admin switch Coprich's degree to agronomy? Oh well at least we won't have to deal with the Decembrists again for awhile.
Who made that post on selection day about NDSU vs ISUR was a guarantee? Lol

REALBird
December 12th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Very solid performance Richmond. I've said all season long that slow starts would bite us when we played a good team and got down. Illinois State played way too many games either tied or down at the half, and this team had a tendency to think it could just flip a switch and make a comeback.

Richmond was having none of that, and they exploited our weak secondary and used the run when needed, but lots of roll outs, play action and mis-direction.

The better team won. Great game plan. Roberson would have had to throw it from the beginning and pass for 500 to win this one, as the Spiders decided to take Coprich out early.

Oh wel. Great season and nothing to hang our heads about.

Roberson and Coprich ride off into the sunset, and we prepare for next year!

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Very solid performance Richmond. I've said all season long that slow starts would bite us when we played a good team and got down. Illinois State played way too many games either tied or down at the half, and this team had a tendency to think it could just flip a switch and make a comeback.

Richmond was having none of that, and they exploited our weak secondary and used the run when needed, but lots of roll outs, play action and mis-direction.

The better team won. Great game plan. Roberson would have had to throw it from the beginning and pass for 500 to win this one, as the Spiders decided to take Coprich out early.

Oh wel. Great season and nothing to hang our heads about.

Roberson and Coprich ride off into the sunset, and we prepare for next year!

to bad they had "handcuffs' on last night.....

Redbird Ray
December 12th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Richmond played nearly flawlessly on offense and did a much better job stopping our running game than I expected. We were really out coached in this game. Spack is a great recruiter but his in-game adjustments are underwhelming. Officiating didn't cost us the game, but a 10 to 1 penalty disparity was an absolute joke. Real **** game called by the Big South crew.

MacThor
December 12th, 2015, 08:18 AM
They called Richmond for holding on the first play of the game, and never flagged them again. Both OL's got away with lots of holding on passing plays.

However, every call made on ISUr was blatant. There were no phantom calls. The called back TD, the OL was blocking Omar Howard in the end zone right in front of the official!

ur2k
December 12th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Nope. We've won before. Go Panthers!

I hope the Valley isn't too physical next week.

kdinva
December 12th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Only 5,400 in attendance? Fans must have been saving up for next weekend..............22,200 at Jax St.....

YoUDeeMan
December 12th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Nope. We've won before. Go Panthers!

I hope the Valley isn't too physical next week.

Yeah...that is just too funny. I guess the Redbirds idea of MVFB, "physical" was the Olivia Newton John version.

UNIFanSince1983
December 12th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Only 5,400 in attendance? Fans must have been saving up for next weekend..............22,200 at Jax St.....

Nope that is just the kind of following they get in Normal...

Redbird Ray
December 12th, 2015, 08:53 AM

I'm not going to defend our pathetic attendance too much other than qualifying it with the following:

1) we always announce butts in seats, nothing inflated

2) last day of finals week, lots of students were at home already

3) local companies that buy regular season tickets have not bought post-season tickets

4) Mac/sun belt excuse, weeknight start time made it difficult for fans from Chicago/St Louis metros to make it wo last minute time off work plans

5) outside of a core of about 5k fans for each fcs team, no one in this state gives a rip about fcs football. High school football gets way more attention and love. The only college football team people in Chicago really truly care about is Norte dame. The rest of the state is more focused on our underachieving college bball teams and Cubs/Cards hot stove talk.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2015, 08:55 AM
I would of never guessed the attendance was that low from what I could see, but the lighting wasn't that good....

MR. CHICKEN
December 12th, 2015, 08:58 AM

...BEEN TA NORMAL....(DAUGHTER LIVES OUTSIDE PEORIA (DUNLAP)......SAW DUH STADIUM DIS SUMMER........NOTHIN' BUT CORN FIELDS...AN' WINDMILLS.......WHAT'S INSIDE DOSE CORN MAZES?........COLUMBIA?.........FIRE BROCK!

Redbird 13
December 12th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Congrats to the Spiders. Very impressive performance. Heck of a fun two years from the beloved.

All the best to the remaining teams in the quest for the championship.

Peace.

UNIFanSince1983
December 12th, 2015, 09:15 AM
I found it super hard to believe that last night was Coprich's first career receiving TD.

kdinva
December 12th, 2015, 09:39 AM
I'm not going to defend our pathetic attendance too much other than qualifying it with the following:

1) we always announce butts in seats, nothing inflated.

.....as it should be......

MacThor
December 12th, 2015, 09:42 AM
The play by play guy had it wrong, Illinois St. had indeed trailed at halftime in a couple of their wins this year, and was tied in one more. He very specifically said the only games they trailed at halftime were Iowa and SDSU.
Apologies - the fans lamenting their slow starts coming back to bite them had it right. Sheesh - you can't believe anything you hear on TV any more!

JSUSoutherner
December 12th, 2015, 09:46 AM

1) we always announce butts in seats, nothing inflated

2) last day of finals week, lots of students were at home already

3) local companies that buy regular season tickets have not bought post-season tickets

4) Mac/sun belt excuse, weeknight start time made it difficult for fans from Chicago/St Louis metros to make it wo last minute time off work plans

5) outside of a core of about 5k fans for each fcs team, no one in this state gives a rip about fcs football. High school football gets way more attention and love. The only college football team people in Chicago really truly care about is Norte dame. The rest of the state is more focused on our underachieving college bball teams and Cubs/Cards hot stove talk.
1.) We do too. Inflating attendance costs money. And we don't have any.
2.) Same.
3.) Every suit was sold out, club level sold out by Wednesday, and even the Govenor showed up. We don't really have many local companies here in J'Ville.
4.) I'll give you that, we were the only game in the South last night, regardless even our average season attendance is 20,000+ even when Auburn and Bama are at home.
5.)No one really cares here either. It's all Bama and Auburn. I think there were a lot of people down here that found out we existed last night.

Our QB was trending #2 on Twitter last night and JSU hit #5.

You guys should have been able to pull a little more than 5,400 IMO.

PantherRob82
December 12th, 2015, 10:21 AM
No one inflates playoff attendance. It would cost them extra money xrolleyesx

Eight Legger
December 12th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Good game, Redbirds. Happy that we were able to get out of there with a W.

I did think it was odd that ISU came out throwing it all over the place rather than trying to establish the run. If running is what you do best, I'd think you would go to that early and often, especially at home, until the opponent proved it could stop it. It just struck me as odd that they'd change their whole gameplan from the outset. Granted, I think we would have shut down the running game anyway, but there weren't more than a handful of rushing attempts early on.

Overall, I would say that Rocco had the opponent sized up very accurately – a top-tier team in the MVC or the CAA with a very talented QB but one who probably wasn't quite as good as Vad Lee, who we'd already seen. I thought we would do a decent job keeping Coprich in check, because we normally can take away the run when we need to, but I was definitely surprised at just how well we did there. Kudos to our D-line.

And Jacobi Green, I mean what else can I say about this kid. He has been doing that all year to every opponent. Often looks like he is about to be tackled or go down, then he escapes for a 30-yard TD. Just an incredible season for him. Hope he's got two more great games in him.

MacThor
December 12th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Muse makes such a huge difference against the run.

UNHWildcat18
December 12th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Glad to see the CAA win a game vs the MVFC. Not sure who that NDSU fan who keeps saying the other side is a pillow fight compared to this half of the bracket but looks Like it won't be an all MVFC semi on your side after all.

JSUSoutherner
December 12th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Glad to see the CAA win a game vs the MVFC. Not sure who that NDSU fan who keeps saying the other side is a pillow fight compared to this half of the bracket but looks Like it won't be an all MVFC semi on your side after all.
Haven't you heard? Gus Malzahn has nightmares about us beating on him with pillows.

ISUMatt
December 12th, 2015, 12:27 PM
I'll say it again Richmond did their film work all week and exploited every weakness we (ISU) had. Incredible job winning the battle in the trenches and shutting down the run game. ISU got down and panicked playing reckless with all the penalties.

Your QB was great, the WRs dominated and your RB killed us. You dominated all 4 parts of the game ( O, D, ST, Coaching). CONGRATS and good luck in the semi's!!!

ISUMatt

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 12th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Muse makes such a huge difference against the run.

True story. Behemoth.

Mattymc727
December 12th, 2015, 01:18 PM
How did Richmond lose to UNH? They look like a completely different team right now, especially on offense. Nice work Spiders.

Catsfan90
December 12th, 2015, 02:03 PM
How did Richmond lose to UNH? They look like a completely different team right now, especially on offense. Nice work Spiders.
They had a really rough game at JMU. I wonder if that didn't take a lot out of them.

Eight Legger
December 12th, 2015, 02:06 PM
They had a really rough game at JMU. I wonder if that didn't take a lot out of them.

I think our offense was due for a couple down games, and we had them at UNH and at Villanova – two places that historcially we've never done well. And those were both hungry teams at the time too, fighting for their playoff lives.

We've definitely turned it on the past month, though. It's been fun to watch. Will be fun to see what we bring to Fargo.

URMite
December 12th, 2015, 02:27 PM

Our charter plane was 6 hours late leaving from Miami, our team sat at the airport in Richmond for those 6 hours then arrived in New Hampshire 3 hours before game time and lost the Turnover battle 5-0. We aren't beating anyone with those turnovers.

We couldn't beat Nova the next week losing the ball on turnovers at the Nova 3, Nova 9, and our 14 despite winning the yardage battle 441-296.

spdram
December 12th, 2015, 02:32 PM

First year QB, and we were pretty beaten up at that point, plus UNH is D%&$ good football team

Terry2889
December 13th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Our charter plane was 6 hours late leaving from Miami, our team sat at the airport in Richmond for those 6 hours then arrived in New Hampshire 3 hours before game time and lost the Turnover battle 5-0. We aren't beating anyone with those turnovers.

We couldn't beat Nova the next week losing the ball on turnovers at the Nova 3, Nova 9, and our 14 despite winning the yardage battle 441-296.

So you're saying that our 12th straight playoff appearance materialized largely due to a stroke of divine inspiration leading to a 6 hour flight delay? Now it's beginning to make more sense to me : )

SpiderJPO
December 13th, 2015, 10:45 PM
No arguing about flight issues but that pick-up of a pass interference flags in the end zone on the late game drive was a real head scratcher. How 4 officials can huddle and pick that flag up still amazes me. A tipped ball by the cornerback after he has already mugged the intended receiver must be only allowed at UNH.

YoUDeeMan
December 14th, 2015, 08:10 AM

Thanks for the information....that makes sense.

Losing to UNH was a big question for Richmond because UNH stunk...they were not a good team at all. Delaware just plowed through the UNH defenders (slow players)...nothing they could do to stop us...and UD stunk.

YoUDeeMan
December 14th, 2015, 08:12 AM
1) First year QB, and 2) we were pretty beaten up at that point, 3) plus UNH is D%&$ good football team

1) OK
2) OK
3) Uh, no. No, they aren't. They have been, and might be, but no, not this year.

Houndawg
December 14th, 2015, 09:06 AM
So you're saying that our 12th straight playoff appearance materialized largely due to a stroke of divine inspiration leading to a 6 hour flight delay? Now it's beginning to make more sense to me : )

The committee seems to have a lot of love for UNH.

Sycamore62
December 14th, 2015, 09:56 AM
I thought the crowd looked bigger that 5k