PDA

View Full Version : UNI at NDSU: Quaterfinal REMATCH!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

FargoBison
December 6th, 2015, 12:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVhcJJQWcAAzsxl.png

Regular season rivalry now a playoff game. Both teams will beat the crap out of each other. Good news if you are a ISUR/Richmond fan I guess, should be epic as usual. NDSU-UNI is the most physical game in the FCS for those not familiar with the MVFC series.

centennial
December 6th, 2015, 12:30 AM
Farley decides to coach vs NDSU. Special hate between these programs.

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2015, 12:31 AM
This game f'hawking sucks. Colgate/SHSU or JSU/Chuck South is where its at. :D

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 12:31 AM
It's going to be a long week. I love half of you and hate the other half. :)

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 12:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khauvdb_f8A

unigriff
December 6th, 2015, 12:37 AM
NDSU currently 13 pt favorites.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2015, 12:38 AM
The Bison go from trying to redeem themselves against the team that embarrassed their pass defense the worst in Montana to the team that embarrassed their run defense the worst in UNI. I can only hope for similar results to the 2nd go round with the Griz with the second crack at UNI.

Big storyline should be NDSU (most likely) missing the QB that led them to the comeback win in the regular season and UNI having their QB who gashed the Bison in the 2nd half playing the whole game.

FargoBison
December 6th, 2015, 12:40 AM
Not going to lie, this is the one game I didn't want to see in the playoffs. Even if we win, the game is going to be a physical battle. This is going to be Stick's major test.

BisonTru
December 6th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Not going to lie, this is the one game I didn't want to see in the playoffs. Even if we win, the game is going to be a physical battle. This is going to be Stick's major test.

This matchup plays out very well for the Redbirds. Winner's going to be coming off a physically and emotionally draining game.

UNIFanSince1983
December 6th, 2015, 12:50 AM
This matchup plays out very well for the Redbirds. Winner's going to be coming off a physically and emotionally draining game.

After watching Richmond today I am not giving the Redbirds a walk in the park. Although, the same is true for whoever happens to win that game. This will be a physical battle for 4 quarters.

Christiank22
December 6th, 2015, 12:55 AM
Being an NDSU student I came in thinking UND is our biggest rival. I was wrong, I absolutely hate UNI and I only hate you because I respect your program and the physicality you play with. It's a respected hate and a "I don't ever want to play you" hate. With that said, Bison by a TD :) I hope....

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 6th, 2015, 01:13 AM
It's going to be a long week. I love half of you and hate the other half. :)

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

JSUBison
December 6th, 2015, 01:21 AM
Farley is the one coach that has had sustained success in going against NDSU. He practically knows NDSU almost as well as his own team. When UNI has beaten NDSU, seems like it's been by 10-12 points, but when NDSU beats UNI, it's only by one score on average. This game in terms of stress level is going to be like the last NDSU/GSU game. I will have an AED with me.

Twentysix
December 6th, 2015, 01:36 AM
I didn't want this game... Stupid ****ing bracket.

UNI Pike
December 6th, 2015, 02:09 AM
My nephew, who is on the NDSU team says players get no playoff tickets. I know the truth is that he gave his ticket to some little cutie from MSP. No Xmas present from uncle this year.

SportsLover
December 6th, 2015, 02:22 AM

Totally agree, whoever comes out of this game with a win is going to be roughed up. Just two hard-nosed teams going at it.

Drblankstare
December 6th, 2015, 07:39 AM
It's ****ty that this is just a quarters game. The way these 2 teams are playing, this would be a hell of a good Natty.

IBleedYellow
December 6th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Holy... What? The only team to win by double digits is UNI.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

unigriff
December 6th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Holy... What? The only team to win by double digits is UNI.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

JMO. UNI is banged up, Stick is coming around and the bison have the winning mentality and pedigree and it's in Fargo to boot. Will be a long week, and game.

I'll feel the same or differently once I hear the injury report from last night.

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 08:14 AM
If I read right UNI and NDSU combined for 97 passing yards and 682 rushing yards yesterday

F'N Hawks
December 6th, 2015, 08:32 AM
This will be by far the best quaterfinal matchup.

unigriff
December 6th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Im gonna make a mental bet with myaelf. there will ve a personal foul/pass interefence call that benefits NDSU late in tge game. Book it.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Any word on Schult's injury? It looked like he had a shoulder or arm issue that forced him out of the PSU game and didn't see him come back. Didn't look too bad when he walked off though.

Herder
December 6th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Im gonna make a mental bet with myaelf. there will ve a personal foul/pass interefence call that benefits NDSU late in tge game. Book it.

Based on the fact that one team is disciplined and one is not, I'd say that a good bet. Ndsu is the one team that could win in Normal if they get by UNI.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2015, 08:50 AM
I´m looking forward to this game. It is going to be awesome!!

2 physical teams throwing bombs at each other......fans from other conferences need to watch this game. This is football.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Based on the fact that one team is disciplined and one is not, I'd say that a good bet. Ndsu is the one team that could win in Normal if they get by UNI.
I think both teams could beat Illinois St. UNI handled the Redbirds pretty well in their regular season matchup despite taking the loss. NDSU is probably better equipped to do it, especially if Wentz can come back at full strength for potential game but its going to be a great semifinal on this side of the bracket no matter who makes it.

I'd expect this side's semifinal to be the Friday night game on the deuce next week.

X-Factor
December 6th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Did someone say bet :p

Bison56
December 6th, 2015, 09:48 AM

Hang that up in the locker room!

Bison56
December 6th, 2015, 09:49 AM

My thoughts exactly.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Did someone say bet :p

Is it a bet?!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Thats some grade A trolling

I don't know. It's not a terrible analysis. They can see Stick the same way we see Bailey. Position for position, we match up almost evenly. It will be a great chess match.

Although if we come out in the green helmets, UNI might as well not come out of the locker room.

DaBizon
December 6th, 2015, 10:11 AM
OMG Bailey and Smith looked good against Portland.

We have our work cut out next week

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 11:23 AM
OMG Bailey and Smith looked good against Portland.

We have our work cut out next week

That's how they've both looked since about week 6

Panther-State
December 6th, 2015, 11:29 AM
That's how they've both looked since about week 6

You mean since we pretty much decided to commit to both of them as the #1's, rather than the committees?

DaBizon
December 6th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Smith looks like an NFL back. Dude is big and strong

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Smith looks like an NFL back. Dude is big and strong

DJ calls him mini me

The thing is, Tyvis might actually be bigger than DJ

He might push for 1500 plus yards next year.

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 01:02 PM
You mean since we pretty much decided to commit to both of them as the #1's, rather than the committees?

Yeah

That's just coincidence though, I'm sure

There can't be any truth to the pro 1 and go with It theory

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2015, 01:11 PM
where did Bailey transfer in from? is he a transfer? looked like man against boys whenever he decided to run

unigriff
December 6th, 2015, 01:13 PM
where did Bailey transfer in from? is he a transfer? looked like man against boys whenever he decided to run

Illinois

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Illinois

thanks, I'll talk up this game up at the office like I always do this time of year....

Jacks02
December 6th, 2015, 02:54 PM

Wow, this really surprises me. I would guess 7 pts or less.

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Prediction? A lot of "Valley on Valley" crime is going to occur. :D

JayJ79
December 6th, 2015, 03:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 03:04 PM
I could see Bison by double digits. They seem to be clicking on all cylinders. That said, our only purpose in life seems to be to beat the Bison, or at least we are built for that.

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2015, 03:06 PM
I could see Bison by double digits. They seem to be clicking on all cylinders. That said, our only purpose in life seems to be to beat the Bison, or at least we are built for that.

So, what UND took 15-20ish years to build in the 80s/90s? :D

Bisonator
December 6th, 2015, 03:22 PM
This will be a slug fest. Sure hope our defense has learned how to stop the QB run or Bailey will look like a Heisman finalist. I wish Wentz was healthy for this game because I think we are going to need him. Stick just doesn't look like he's capable of throwing us down the field if necessary.

Bison56
December 6th, 2015, 03:38 PM
I think the Bison will have to open up the play book a lot more than they did against Montana and take some chances.

Also will be interesting to see how healthy the winner comes out of this game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Wow, this really surprises me. I would guess 7 pts or less.

The dome is worth at least 10 in the playoffs. Hopefully they announce the yellow jerseys and green helmets, that might be another TD

centennial
December 6th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Farley has real hate for NDSU. If you guys played the same way all year, you would likely win the NC.

nmatsen
December 6th, 2015, 04:19 PM
These green helmets sound so awesome and intimidating I'm thinking we should wear them too! One shade of purple pants, another shade of purple jersey, yet another shade of purple facemask, all crowned off with a green helmet!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2015, 04:33 PM
These green helmets sound so awesome and intimidating I'm thinking we should wear them too! One shade of purple pants, another shade of purple jersey, yet another shade of purple facemask, all crowned off with a green helmet!

You know, once in a while this game is supposed to be fun. Don't take it so seriously.

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 04:42 PM

LOL. MVFC fashion week has begun! xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Illinois St or Richmond should be loving the timing of this rematch. After the regular season game between UNI and NDSU both teams lost the next week at home against teams they had no business losing too. I don't think that was a coincidence.

JayJ79
December 6th, 2015, 04:45 PM

http://sharein.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/EGGPLANT-BENIFITS.jpg

centennial
December 6th, 2015, 04:46 PM
LMAO

ValleyChamp
December 6th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Farley has real hate for NDSU. If you guys played the same way all year, you would likely win the NC.

No, he does not.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2015, 05:07 PM
No, he does not.

Sure he doesn't.

took his coaches
won championships
getting recruits from his backyard
stopped the relentless onslaught of wall/garage door paint

I'm sure that's all sitting well with him.

ValleyChamp
December 6th, 2015, 05:14 PM
If it makes you warm and fuzzy believing that, good for you. Teams have been stealing coaches from UNI for 30 years.

Farley has been ridiculously complimentary toward NDSU from day 1 joining this league and that continues to this day. Feel free to direct me to evidence otherwise.

Coach Farley & UNI have always enjoyed and welcomed having elite competition in this league, as its good for everyone involved.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2015, 05:18 PM
If it makes you warm and fuzzy believing that, good for you. Teams have been stealing coaches from UNI for 30 years.

Farley has been ridiculously complimentary toward NDSU from day 1 joining this league and that continues to this day. Feel free to direct me to evidence otherwise.

Coach Farley & UNI have always enjoyed and welcomed having elite competition in this league, as its good for everyone involved.

If UNI wasn't so cheap, they might stick around a while. Build some continuity.

No_Skill
December 6th, 2015, 05:22 PM

...and so begins the real discussion...food.

ValleyChamp
December 6th, 2015, 05:22 PM
UNI had the same core of assistant coaches for 14 years, and Coach Farley is one of the very highest paid coaches in all of FCS.

uni88
December 6th, 2015, 05:24 PM
If UNI wasn't so cheap, they might stick around a while. Build some continuity.

How is UNI cheap?

And what's with the stiffy for the door? The Bison have won 4 straight NCs and you're talking trash about a door?

JayJ79
December 6th, 2015, 05:26 PM
...and so begins the real discussion...food.

Caseys Eggplant Pizza.
[/thread]

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 05:28 PM

I don't think I would characterize the rivalry between UNI and NDSU as "enjoyable" and "welcoming" including the head coaches.

ValleyChamp
December 6th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Look at that HATE!!! Seems pretty nasty.
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/49/b499f32e-0973-5074-9023-e21985e707cf/545eab1e5709a.preview-300.jpg

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Caseys Eggplant Pizza.
[/thread]

WHAAAAAT? (mind blown)

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 05:33 PM
How is UNI cheap?

And what's with the stiffy for the door? The Bison have won 4 straight NCs and you're talking trash about a door?

Most of the NDSU fan base as as insecure as it gets. Most are actually more insecure now than they were after going 3-8 in 09

clenz
December 6th, 2015, 05:34 PM
ND4E will eventually get run off this board again.

He's like my toddler. He yells and screams and is real tough to ignore. Eventually he'll wear himself out though if you ignore long enough

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Look at that HATE!!! Seems pretty nasty.
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/49/b499f32e-0973-5074-9023-e21985e707cf/545eab1e5709a.preview-300.jpg

Look at the glee in Farley's face as he uses his micro-taser concealed in the palm of his hand on poor Coach Klieman!!

UNI Pike
December 6th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Look at the glee in Farley's face as he uses his micro-taser concealed in the palm of his hand on poor Coach Klieman!!

You and your micro aggressions

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 05:59 PM
You and your micro aggressions

Pictures don't lie, my friend. xnodx

LOL

Bisonwinagn
December 6th, 2015, 06:00 PM
This looks to be a repeat of the Big Ten Championship. Expecting a low scoring battle with the punters and kickers deciding the outcome!!

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 06:03 PM
This looks to be a repeat of the Big Ten Championship. Expecting a low scoring battle with the punters and kickers deciding the outcome!!

define low scoring. I expect both teams to break 20.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2015, 06:09 PM
ND4E will eventually get run off this board again.

He's like my toddler. He yells and screams and is real tough to ignore. Eventually he'll wear himself out though if you ignore long enough

Oh noes! I'm making fun of UNI. Should I **** talk SIU? That seems to have all of your support.

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 06:11 PM
I define low scoring. I expect both teams to break 20.

Ha! I know your pain!

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Oh noes! I'm making fun of UNI. Should I **** talk SIU? That seems to have all of your support.

UND sucks.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Ha! I know your pain!

Not sure where the "I" came from, but since I define it, I say it will not be low scoring. xlolx

Bisonwinagn
December 6th, 2015, 06:14 PM
I define low scoring. I expect both teams to break 20.

A clean game with no turnovers or special teams TD's I say both teams score 20 or less. Actually 20-17 seems about right.

nmatsen
December 6th, 2015, 06:25 PM
A clean game with no turnovers or special teams TD's I say both teams score 20 or less. Actually 20-17 seems about right.

is that 20-17 with both teams in green helmets? i'm confused.

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 06:36 PM
is that 20-17 with both teams in green helmets? i'm confused.

No. Score would be 2-0 and everyone in the nation would thank the Lord they had witnessed the greatest football game ever played.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2015, 06:40 PM
UND sucks.

Would you say they suck Hawks?

UNI Pike
December 6th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Would you say they suck Hawks?
Yes. It's in their nature, no matter what the scoreboard shows. :eek:

The Yo Show
December 6th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Despite the fact that this is the second time I will see a UNI vs NDSU matchup this season, I have to say this game is a must watch for me. For me, that is atypical of rematches. :D

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Despite the fact that this is the second time I will see a UNI vs NDSU matchup this season, I have to say this game is a must watch for me. For me, that is atypical of rematches. :D

Ugggh! As an NDSU fan this play-off is a menagerie of girlfriends past. I know this won't be pretty. I think I will be OK but it might be a shot to the nuts.

Panther-State
December 6th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Ugggh! As an NDSU fan this play-off is a menagerie of girlfriends past. I know this won't be pretty. I think I will be OK but it might be a shot to the nuts.

Stop playing good teams

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Stop playing good teams

I will if you will...

Milkman
December 6th, 2015, 09:18 PM
UND sucks.
This statement is redundant. Simular to "water is wet"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Green1
December 6th, 2015, 09:22 PM
This statement is redundant. Simular to "water is wet"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dodge Ram

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 7th, 2015, 12:12 AM
My hatred for UNI is deep, but born of respect. You want to play the rival you embarrass,(SDSU), but not the one you respect because they actually win and play beyond themselves every time they play you. UNI is an excellent team and will continue to be an excellent team.

ps I hate you

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2015, 07:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmTK_eSOCN4

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2015, 07:21 AM
This. But their problem is consistency. They **** the bed when it counts except for when they play NDSU. I think we took a dose of that inconsistency pill this year! . Hope our guys lost the pill bottle for the rest of this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Bring on the purple kitties!!!!

I´m looking forward to this game!

Oh ya, come on Richmond!!!

F'N Hawks
December 7th, 2015, 09:23 AM
UND sucks.

Are you OK?

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Are you OK?

Yeah, but I'm going to be in the gym all winter.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Yeah, but I'm going to be in the gym all winter.

xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I so badly want NDSU to lose and not go 5 in a row, but I really don't see us being able to pull it off in the Fargodome in the playoffs...

clenz
December 7th, 2015, 11:32 AM
I so badly want NDSU to lose and not go 5 in a row, but I really don't see us being able to pull it off in the Fargodome in the playoffs...
IDGAF about them winning 5 in a row...I just want one..

This one.

The rest for the rest of eternity can sit on it for all I care.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2015, 12:00 PM
So who is coming up for the game? Other than that, I truly think it will come down to this, yes it is slightly obvious, but which QB see's the field better.

In order for UNI to win, I truly think Bailey NEEDS to replicate what they did last time. Force the Bison D to misread the zone and bite to early. If he can do that, its going to be a painful day for the green and gold. The way that UNI as played lately, and Farley's sense of just stepping up against NDSU could be the perfect storm and lead to a victory.

On the flip side, for the Bison, play a "NDSU VS Georgia Southern" game. What I mean by that is, have Stick be a "Jerrick McKinnon" esque type of player. Continually pound the ball until the front 7 is tired, and do it again. Once UNI has truly sold out to stop it, look for Vraa, Urzendowski, or Illies to force UNI to open the box again, and then just power football it again. I do not believe Stick will throw more than 15 passes this game.

The final X factor will be, can Schmadeke (I hope that's how you spell it) or Pederson be clutch when it counts. I think Schmadeke will be the better kicker, but I got Pederson being the hero by making 4XPs, 2FGs, and King Fraizer getting a 2pt conversion for a final score of 35-27

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:04 PM
So who is coming up for the game? Other than that, I truly think it will come down to this, yes it is slightly obvious, but which QB see's the field better.

In order for UNI to win, I truly think Bailey NEEDS to replicate what they did last time. Force the Bison D to misread the zone and bite to early. If he can do that, its going to be a painful day for the green and gold. The way that UNI as played lately, and Farley's sense of just stepping up against NDSU could be the perfect storm and lead to a victory.

On the flip side, for the Bison, play a "NDSU VS Georgia Southern" game. What I mean by that is, have Stick be a "Jerrick McKinnon" esque type of player. Continually pound the ball until the front 7 is tired, and do it again. Once UNI has truly sold out to stop it, look for Vraa, Urzendowski, or Illies to force UNI to open the box again, and then just power football it again. I do not believe Stick will throw more than 15 passes this game.

The final X factor will be, can Schmadeke (I hope that's how you spell it) or Pederson be clutch when it counts. I think Schmadeke will be the better kicker, but I got Pederson being the hero by making 4XPs, 2FGs, and King Fraizer getting a 2pt conversion for a final score of 35-27

Agree outside of your assessment for Stick. He is going to have to throw the ball....UNI will have 8-9 guys in the box...they won't have a problem putting their secondary on an island. Unlike Montana (to an extent), UNI has the beef to weather the NDSU rushing attack.

jacksfan29
December 7th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Championship game in Fargo. Right now UNI and NDSU are playing their best FB of the year. In my opinion, the only way the winner of this game doesn't win it all is if they beat the hell out of each other; opening the door to ISUr. No matter what, whoever wins next weeks semi between two MVFC teams is the National Champion. In fact, I will lay odds that the National Championship game is a blowout.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Agree outside of your assessment for Stick. He is going to have to throw the ball....UNI will have 8-9 guys in the box...they won't have a problem putting their secondary on an island. Unlike Montana (to an extent), UNI has the beef to weather the NDSU rushing attack.

The only reason why I say 15, is that Polasek is the OC and he will find a way to make sure Stick is protected and not panicking when he see's 2 Panthers in his face. He is averaging, since he took over full time, 18 passes a game. He is a reliable runner 1st, and a passer 2nd. I just don't see Stick throwing for 25+ this game. That leads to more opportunities for INTs and less TOP. The Bison will need the ball for over 35 minutes to secure a win, and passing it and trying to rush down the field, is the last thing they want to do. Averaging 4 YPC is what will win them the game.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:25 PM
The only reason why I say 15, is that Polasek is the OC and he will find a way to make sure Stick is protected and not panicking when he see's 2 Panthers in his face. He is averaging, since he took over full time, 18 passes a game. He is a reliable runner 1st, and a passer 2nd. I just don't see Stick throwing for 25+ this game. That leads to more opportunities for INTs and less TOP. The Bison will need the ball for over 35 minutes to secure a win, and passing it and trying to rush down the field, is the last thing they want to do. Averaging 4 YPC is what will win them the game.

They are going to have to keep UNI a lot more honest on D than they did Montana....Stick isn't going to sling it all over the place, but I would expect a lot more passing on 1st down than we saw last Saturday.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Wentz is going to practice this week....Brace is gone....Will he play or not? Let the mind games begin...

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2015, 12:34 PM
They are going to have to keep UNI a lot more honest on D than they did Montana....Stick isn't going to sling it all over the place, but I would expect a lot more passing on 1st down than we saw last Saturday.

I can see them passing on first down if they read blitz, or plan on sending RJ and/or Zach downfield to pull the safety away, which would open up Jeff down the middle on a LB for a nice 10-15 yard game. I think UNIs biggest mistake they can make, is to send the SS up an A gap blitz allowing for any TE to have a 1 on 1 matchup with a LB. I'd take that all day. It would force the FS to shade either RJ or Zach, which creates a huge advantage for the Bison O.

On the other side, not blitzing Bailey and allowing him to just run free, would be a bad idea for the Bison D. Now I'm not advocating for a blitz heavy game, but forcing Bailey to make accurate throws is what will make or break the UNI O.

Or we can throw everything out the window, and just give Bruce the ball? That could always work too. Plus, who doesn't like hearing the BRUUUUCE chant in the dome?

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:36 PM
I can see them passing on first down if they read blitz, or plan on sending RJ and/or Zach downfield to pull the safety away, which would open up Jeff down the middle on a LB for a nice 10-15 yard game. I think UNIs biggest mistake they can make, is to send the SS up an A gap blitz allowing for any TE to have a 1 on 1 matchup with a LB. I'd take that all day. It would force the FS to shade either RJ or Zach, which creates a huge advantage for the Bison O.

On the other side, not blitzing Bailey and allowing him to just run free, would be a bad idea for the Bison D. Now I'm not advocating for a blitz heavy game, but forcing Bailey to make accurate throws is what will make or break the UNI O.

Or we can throw everything out the window, and just give Bruce the ball? That could always work too. Plus, who doesn't like hearing the BRUUUUCE chant in the dome?

xlolx....agree. I think NDSU is going to have to just stay gap sound on their run D. They can't lose contain and get caught with the inevitable cutbacks that both Bailey and Smith are going to make.

December 7th, 2015, 12:36 PM
purple and green??? isnt that the color the Joker wears??

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Wentz is going to practice this week....Brace is gone....Will he play or not? Let the mind games begin...

No ****ing way....but good bait though. :D

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2015, 12:40 PM
I doubt it... but UNI has to spend time prepping for it and it's a completely different animal preparing for each QB.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2015, 12:42 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/survivor1.gif

December 7th, 2015, 12:44 PM
I doubt it... but UNI has to spend time prepping for it and it's a completely different animal preparing for each QB. agreed make them account for Wentz but keep him in a back up roll.

clenz
December 7th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Game plan is already in place for Wentz....

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:49 PM

is it? How bout if both QB Wentz and RB Stick are out there along side the 4-5 headed monster RB attack? :D #bringbacktheveer

Bisonator
December 7th, 2015, 12:52 PM

I'm sure it is. Same plan as last game but now you also need to plan for Stick.

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2015, 12:53 PM
is it? How bout if both QB Wentz and RB Stick are out there along side the 4-5 headed monster RB attack? :D #bringbacktheveer

Sounds like what PSU tried to do with the 7 former QBs they have on their roster. ;)

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:53 PM
I'm sure it is. Same plan as last game but now you also need to plan for Stick.

Its not like they would come to this game with the same gameplan for Wentz as well (NDSU that is....would hope not UNI either).

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:55 PM
On a slightly related note...if Wentz decides to make a come back for THIS death match of a game...considering what he is ultimately risking...NO ONE can question the nuts on that kid. xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Honestly, I think we have more to worry about with Stick than with Wentz. And Wentz is a traditional QB so that is something you see every week basically. It is a little easier to plan for that than for someone like Stick. So I am guessing UNI will focus on game planning for Stick.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Honestly, I think we have more to worry about with Stick than with Wentz. And Wentz is a traditional QB so that is something you see every week basically. It is a little easier to plan for that than for someone like Stick. So I am guessing UNI will focus on game planning for Stick.

As far as "traditional" QB...perhaps....but not at the level Wentz can play. If on, he's a special breed of QB...especially at this level.

clenz
December 7th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Interesting to note that Tyvis Smith didn't have a carry the last NDSU game. UNI tried a RB by committee the first 6 weeks of the year.

Since becoming the full time back 7 games ago he has 120 caries for 813 yards (116 ypg and 6.8 ypc) with 5 TD. He has 4 straight 100 yard games (143, 166, 147, 207) and is averaging 7.9 ypc in that stretch. Interesting to note with him, he has lost just 16 yards on the season - 1,037 gross and 1,021 net.

At 6'3 225 lbs he looks a lot like David Johnson on the field. DJ calls him "mini me" apparently

http://www.thegazette.com/storyimage/GA/20151128/ARTICLE/151129646/AR/0/AR-151129646.jpg&MaxH=1400&MaxW=1306
http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/field/image/1109%20NDSU%202.jpg?itok=8cdCV-yj

Will he make enough of a difference? I don't know, but he makes it a lot harder to key Bailey on the read looks

Bisonator
December 7th, 2015, 01:06 PM
I wondered why you guys weren't using Smith earlier. Seemed like a no brainer to replace DJ. Was he injured?

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 01:07 PM
I wondered why you guys weren't using Smith earlier. Seemed like a no brainer to replace DJ. Was he injured?

Bad coaching. xrotatehx

Bisonator
December 7th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Bad coaching. xrotatehx
Farley was saving him for this game knowing that he would be their not so secret secret weapon.xlolx

Tyvis Smith meet Nick Deluca!:D

There could be some real nasty collisions in this game!

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2015, 01:21 PM

I don't believe he was injured. And as it turns out Tyvis has started to look better since we went to Bailey full time. At the beginning of the season I was wondering why we were even trying Tyvis as he looked bad, and I thought Miller was our best option. Him and Bailey have proven me wrong since they were both established as the clear #1s. I think some of the success can also be attributed to teams keying on Bailey so much that they forget how good Tyvis is. It is a pick your poison type of situation. Of course last week PSU wanted both types of poison as they both went over 200 yards.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2015, 01:33 PM
I don't believe he was injured. And as it turns out Tyvis has started to look better since we went to Bailey full time. At the beginning of the season I was wondering why we were even trying Tyvis as he looked bad, and I thought Miller was our best option. Him and Bailey have proven me wrong since they were both established as the clear #1s. I think some of the success can also be attributed to teams keying on Bailey so much that they forget how good Tyvis is. It is a pick your poison type of situation. Of course last week PSU wanted both types of poison as they both went over 200 yards.
A running QB can really make things easier for his RB. I (unfortunately) had Alfred Morris on my dynasty fantasy football team over the last few years and back when the Redskins were constantly switching between RG3 and Cousins I kept hoping for RG3 to play because Morris' numbers were much better with RG3 as his QB. I think Smith is probably benefiting from that effect as well.

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2015, 01:36 PM
purple and green??? isnt that the color the Joker wears??

No, it's the color Barney the dinosaur wears xlolx

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Interesting to note that Tyvis Smith didn't have a carry the last NDSU game. UNI tried a RB by committee the first 6 weeks of the year.

Since becoming the full time back 7 games ago he has 120 caries for 813 yards (116 ypg and 6.8 ypc) with 5 TD. He has 4 straight 100 yard games (143, 166, 147, 207) and is averaging 7.9 ypc in that stretch. Interesting to note with him, he has lost just 16 yards on the season - 1,037 gross and 1,021 net.

At 6'3 225 lbs he looks a lot like David Johnson on the field. DJ calls him "mini me" apparently

http://www.thegazette.com/storyimage/GA/20151128/ARTICLE/151129646/AR/0/AR-151129646.jpg&MaxH=1400&MaxW=1306
http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/field/image/1109%20NDSU%202.jpg?itok=8cdCV-yj

Will he make enough of a difference? I don't know, but he makes it a lot harder to key Bailey on the read looks

This quote from an article in the Fargo Forum.....

Big scoring plays seem to be the norm now for Northern Iowa's rejuvenated offense. Then again, this seven-game win streak has come against only two teams with winning records (SDSU and Portland). I'm not counting Eastern Illinois, a team that should never been invited to the FCS playoffs.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3897755-schnepf-northern-iowa-even-tougher-playoff-test

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Carson Wentz is practicing this week.

My hope when the locker room doors open when the lights are low and the crowd is murmuring:

Carson Wentz standing on Coach K's left.
Easton Stick standing on Coach K's right.

Green Helmets and yellow jersey's adorned.

Roof of Fargodome - gone.

clenz
December 7th, 2015, 02:00 PM
No. Had a stable of quality backs and shockingly couldn't just pick one....Miller and Huggins were 5* and 4* back out of HS and Miller played well last year.

The offense, while still having issues, has looked better once Smith and Bailey were setteled on

JayJ79
December 7th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Championship game in Fargo. Right now UNI and NDSU are playing their best FB of the year. In my opinion, the only way the winner of this game doesn't win it all is if they beat the hell out of each other; opening the door to ISUr.

these two teams always beat the hell out of each other

unigriff
December 7th, 2015, 02:47 PM
First to 25 wins

BisonTru
December 7th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Bison Media Blog Preview

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3898296-bison-video-blog-playoff-edition-versus-uni

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Roof of Fargodome - gone.

Yeah, I would like that place to not be a dome too.

clenz
December 7th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I would like that place to not be a dome too.

It's not a dome

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2015, 05:43 PM
It's not a dome

Fine. Event center.

Bison56
December 7th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I would like that place to not be a dome too. it would be better if it was loud and cold.xnodx

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2015, 06:01 PM
it would be better if it was loud and cold.xnodx

But would there be any pictures?

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2015, 11:16 PM
So the Harvest helmets and Gold jerseys will be in style on Saturday. By far the best outfit the Bison could out together

jtthenutt
December 8th, 2015, 07:39 AM
we should call this the Andy Fales Football Invitational

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 07:41 AM
So the Harvest helmets and Gold jerseys will be in style on Saturday. By far the best outfit the Bison could out together
What I get from that is NDSU is looking for extra motivation and some sort of extra edge....something they've not had to do for a long time...

If I'm reading that correctly we are seeing a NDSU program that, for the first time in a while, isn't sure about walking off the field with a W just because they are NDSU. They are breaking a program long tradition of a yellow helmet....in the playoffs....against a team they beat once already.

To go with that, this is the week they decide to announce "Hey, Wentz can practice again".

These are mind games a program that is dominate shouldn't have to play against an opponent that finished 4th in their conference and lost to them once already.

I have no idea how the game will play out. Maybe NDSU beats UNI by 50. It just seems odd that NDSU, the program that is built 100% on tradition of not having to play mind games, not breaking out special uniforms, not giving a damn about anything other than what their machine does is all of a suddent resorting to the "Will he or won't he play" and "Here's a special uniform to really get the crowd pumped up" tactics. I can't be the only one picking up on that kind of sense.

nelsondm
December 8th, 2015, 07:45 AM
It was a promise to a senior QB that didn't get to wear it earlier in the year. No extra motivation to play a MVFC rival. Plus it will look sweet on National TV!!

Bisonator
December 8th, 2015, 07:50 AM
What I get from that is NDSU is looking for extra motivation and some sort of extra edge....something they've not had to do for a long time...

If I'm reading that correctly we are seeing a NDSU program that, for the first time in a while, isn't sure about walking off the field with a W just because they are NDSU. They are breaking a program long tradition of a yellow helmet....in the playoffs....against a team they beat once already.

To go with that, this is the week they decide to announce "Hey, Wentz can practice again".

These are mind games a program that is dominate shouldn't have to play against an opponent that finished 4th in their conference and lost to them once already.

I have no idea how the game will play out. Maybe NDSU beats UNI by 50. It just seems odd that NDSU, the program that is built 100% on tradition of not having to play mind games, not breaking out special uniforms, not giving a damn about anything other than what their machine does is all of a suddent resorting to the "Will he or won't he play" and "Here's a special uniform to really get the crowd pumped up" tactics. I can't be the only one picking up on that kind of sense.

Some people just go ape **** over uniforms. I don't get it but whatever.xcoolx

I wouldn't read too much into but if that's what you and the panthers need to get your hopes up so be it.xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2015, 07:59 AM

Up until 2011 the Bison had never worn yellow jerseys either. Since that new tradition started they're something like 19-0 in them and have won 4 titles (including two wearing the yellows). The tradition NDSU is built on is more than a helmet or a jersey.

Having said all that, I've maintained all along that the best way to beat NDSU is to play and beat them at their own game. No team is more equipped to do that, including ISUr, than UNI is IMO with their stout defense and solid running game. You're darn right I'm looking for any edge I can find in this game but the jerseys are just something we fans can have fun with. If you want me to say that I'm worried about the problems UNI presents I have no problem doing that. I'm guessing you're worried about the problems NDSU presents as well.

In the end this type of game is what the playoffs are all about. It'll be a blast to watch it play out.

jtthenutt
December 8th, 2015, 08:00 AM
I think it's pretty sweet that the Bison turned a shopping mall into a football stadium then refer to it as a "Dome".

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Up until 2011 the Bison had never worn yellow jerseys either. Since that new tradition started they're something like 19-0 in them and have won 4 titles (including two wearing the yellows). The tradition NDSU is built on is more than a helmet or a jersey.

Having said all that, I've maintained all along that the best way to beat NDSU is to play and beat them at their own game. No team is more equipped to do that, including ISUr, than UNI is IMO with their stout defense and solid running game. You're darn right I'm looking for any edge I can find in this game but the jerseys are just something we fans can have fun with. If you want me to say that I'm worried about the problems UNI presents I have no problem doing that. I'm guessing you're worried about the problems NDSU presents as well.

In the end this type of game is what the playoffs are all about. It'll be a blast to watch this game.
I'm more worried about Farley pulling his typical super aggressive game plan for 3.5 quarters and then play super tight prevent offense and defense late, than I am NDSU.

The reason NDSU won earlier this year? UNI got tight on offense. 2 years ago? UNI got tight on offense after being up for 58 minutes...with some help from a strange PI call...

UNI and NDSU are mirror images of each other. Going back a decade, if Farley could get the **** out of his own way he'd have 3 or 4 titles right now, but he can't. I take nothing away from what NDSU has done to win those games, or will do to win this one. They make the plays UNI doesn't in those situations...sadly it's Farley putting UNI in the positions to not make those plays.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2015, 08:09 AM
I think it's pretty sweet that the Bison turned a shopping mall into a football stadium then refer to it as a "Dome".

One could say the same of the soviet era sewage treatment plant you guys have. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they approved that design.

Green1
December 8th, 2015, 08:14 AM

Ha! Good one.

You should check out a few departments at our mall. Jewelry dept. has a wonderful selection of rings. The interior decor dept. has some lovely trophies. Unfortunately our home improvement dept. is lacking garage door supplies so I know that might be a disappointment for you. :D

Bisonator
December 8th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Ha! Good one.

You should check out a few departments at our mall. Jewelry dept. has a wonderful selection of rings. The interior decor dept. has some lovely trophies. Unfortunately our home improvement dept. is lacking garage door supplies so I know that might be a disappointment for you. :D
xlolx

Alright we are already into the dome insult arsenal!xlolx

jtthenutt
December 8th, 2015, 08:17 AM
I'm more worried about Farley pulling his typical super aggressive game plan for 3.5 quarters and then play super tight prevent offense and defense late, than I am NDSU.

The reason NDSU won earlier this year? UNI got tight on offense. 2 years ago? UNI got tight on offense after being up for 58 minutes...with some help from a strange PI call...

UNI and NDSU are mirror images of each other. Going back a decade, if Farley could get the **** out of his own way he'd have 3 or 4 titles right now, but he can't. I take nothing away from what NDSU has done to win those games, or will do to win this one. They make the plays UNI doesn't in those situations...sadly it's Farley putting UNI in the positions to not make those plays.

you mean that clean interception called "pass interference" when they defender never even made contact?

Bisonator
December 8th, 2015, 08:23 AM

Farley definitely has a way of losing big games but I wouldn't put all the blame on a guy who isn't playing on the field. Your kicker missed a FG last game that would have put you up by 7. Your defense got shredded by Wentz on the last drive. Sure if you want to put all the blame on your offense getting tight so be it but your offense ripped big plays to put you in position to win it too.

Green1
December 8th, 2015, 08:28 AM
UNI fans correct me if I'm wrong but if you were to rip Farley, would it not be for not going with Bailey as qb earlier in season?

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2015, 08:29 AM
you mean that clean interception called "pass interference" when they defender never even made contact?
Good lord, in two years it'll be pick 6 called back that actually would've counted for 12 points just cuz it was so sweet.

The UNI guy didn't pick it off. It was on 2nd down and 4 meaning NDSU would've had two more chances after that play to pick up 4 yards and the 1st down had they not made the call. It was a bad call. Oh well, but it didn't decide the game. It was nowhere near deciding it actually. Get over it.

EDIT: Also, here's a little known fact about that game. UNI had the ball twice late in the 4th quarter after NDSU took the lead needing only a FG to take the lead back and likely win. The first drive: 3 and out and a punt. The second drive: INT on the 3rd play.

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Farley definitely has a way of losing big games but I wouldn't put all the blame on a guy who isn't playing on the field. Your kicker missed a FG last game that would have put you up by 7. Your defense got shredded by Wentz on the last drive. Sure if you want to put all the blame on your offense getting tight so be it but your offense ripped big plays to put you in position to win it too.
The offense and defense being called late in the game was very different than early in the game. The coverage goes from its' normal press/attacking coverage to a soft keep everything in front zone. That allows for teams to march right down the field. We've seen it time after time after time after time after time at UNI. It doesn't matter who is on the defensive coaching staff, or the DBs on the field because it's happened for a decade. The constant in all of that? Well, there's only 1.

The offense is wide open and busting plays. Late in the game it becomes a dive up the middle with no fumbles to try to run clock but not attempt to get a first down. See the 1 constant over the last decade.

Go read twitter timelines from Saturday night of UNI fans even. Here's a sample of mine

First three quarters in 3 tweets
AARON GOD DAMN BAILEY, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
What's Aaron Bailey's twitter handle? I need to apologize for some things I said back in August/early September
TYVIS F-ING SMITH

4th Quarter
Groundhog day to every single playoff game ever for UNI
And here we go with the afraid to play ball offensive play calls
Debbie downer in me - still took no time off the clock. Defense got no rest.
I hate that I love being a UNI fan

I can copy and paste that going back to every single UNI game ever, more or less, especially in the playoffs or big games. The other team deserves credit for making the plays they do, but god damn UNI does a lot to put the other team in that position with their play calling

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 08:32 AM
UNI fans correct me if I'm wrong but if you were to rip Farley, would it not be for not going with Bailey as qb earlier in season?
It would be for a couple things

1. Not being able to pick A qb, no matter who the **** it is, without being forced into it because of a sub .500 record and back being against the playoff wall in week 6 or the other being out with an injury.

2. Conservative play calling with the lead

Those two things have lost UNI more games than I can count.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2015, 08:34 AM
NDSU doesn´t need any extra motivation for this game. Win you keep going and go home if you lose.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2015, 08:37 AM
The offense and defense being called late in the game was very different than early in the game. The coverage goes from its' normal press/attacking coverage to a soft keep everything in front zone. That allows for teams to march right down the field. We've seen it time after time after time after time after time at UNI. It doesn't matter who is on the defensive coaching staff, or the DBs on the field because it's happened for a decade. The constant in all of that? Well, there's only 1.

The offense is wide open and busting plays. Late in the game it becomes a dive up the middle with no fumbles to try to run clock but not attempt to get a first down. See the 1 constant over the last decade.

Go read twitter timelines from Saturday night of UNI fans even. Here's a sample of mine

First three quarters in 3 tweets
AARON GOD DAMN BAILEY, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
What's Aaron Bailey's twitter handle? I need to apologize for some things I said back in August/early September
TYVIS F-ING SMITH

4th Quarter
Groundhog day to every single playoff game ever for UNI
And here we go with the afraid to play ball offensive play calls
Debbie downer in me - still took no time off the clock. Defense got no rest.
I hate that I love being a UNI fan

I can copy and paste that going back to every single UNI game ever, more or less, especially in the playoffs or big games. The other team deserves credit for making the plays they do, but god damn UNI does a lot to put the other team in that position with their play calling

The problem is UNI fans seem to think Farley is the only coach that does this stuff. Every team has the same philosophy it comes down to on field execution. Have you never seen some of the posts by NDSU fans? Our OC would have lost his job every game if the fans were in charge!

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2015, 08:39 AM
The problem is UNI fans seem to think Farley is the only coach that does this stuff. Every team has the same philosophy it comes down to on field execution. Have you never seen some of the posts by NDSU fans? Our OC would have lost his job every game if the fans were in charge!
No kidding, some Bison fans would be calling for Norv Turner's head if he was the Bison offensive coor-..... scratch that..... bad example.

UNIFanSince1983
December 8th, 2015, 08:43 AM

Our defensive play calling cost us another NC appearance in 2008 when we let Richmond march right down the field on us to win the game after being up 20-7 in the 4th quarter. It cost us a playoff appearance in 2009 when we let Illinois State march right down the field on us after taking a late lead.

I would say you could blame the players if it was a one time thing, but since it is a pattern that started long before these players were even in high school.

UNIFanSince1983
December 8th, 2015, 08:48 AM
BTW I am in no way advocating of getting rid of Farley. I think he does a great job. I really just would like him to change his thinking from time to time in late game situations.

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Our defensive play calling cost us another NC appearance in 2008 when we let Richmond march right down the field on us to win the game after being up 20-7 in the 4th quarter. It cost us a playoff appearance in 2009 when we let Illinois State march right down the field on us after taking a late lead.

I would say you could blame the players if it was a one time thing, but since it is a pattern that started long before these players were even in high school.
This is correct.

If I could blame Hall, Dorleant and Killfor (all All Conference/All American/DPOY type players) because it only happened with them on campus I would. The problem, like I said, is this is a decade old problem. I've worked with former players (not just former players, but former 1st team All Conference LBs from UNI) that say the exact same thing. The game plan is what it is until late in the game when Farley get's uptight and he goes and changes scheme, alignments and reads on the fly because he is so afraid to get beat certain ways that he goes into full out prevent mode. The only thing that prevents is winning...we've seen it time and time again....from our offense and defense.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I am in no way advocating of getting rid of Farley. I think he does a great job. I really just would like him to change his thinking from time to time in late game situations.
This is also true.

Farley recruits and develops talent with the best of them. He is UNI in every way possible. He just can't get out of his own way late in games.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2015, 09:05 AM
A Southland Conference officiating crew will be working this game Saturday.

UNIFanSince1983
December 8th, 2015, 09:06 AM

Hopefully not the same crew we had in Portland...

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Oh sweet jesus.

There won't be a single holding penalty called

jtthenutt
December 8th, 2015, 09:08 AM

This. Every bit of this. Anyone remember the Richmond game? No, not the basketball game, the home playoff game. Shoulda won a national title that year.

deez_na
December 8th, 2015, 10:36 AM

xbawlingx

UNI Pike
December 8th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Oh sweet jesus.

There won't be a single holding penalty called

Good news is that there will be 15 false start penalties called.

Green1
December 8th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Good news is that there will be 15 false start penalties called.

Not good news if they are on your team.

UNI Pike
December 8th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Not good news if they are on your team.

I was at the UNI-PSU game Saturday. There was a couple short of 1 million false start calls during the game. I have not seen that false start penalties in one game. And it was called on both teams. Crowd noise certainly was not a factor.

Those refs impacted the game in a negative way. At least it was equally bad for both teams, as I recall. 3 1/2 hour game with 39 passing plays vs 102 rushing plays.

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 12:27 PM
I was at the UNI-PSU game Saturday. There was a couple short of 1 million false start calls during the game. I have not seen that false start penalties in one game. And it was called on both teams. Crowd noise certainly was not a factor.

Those refs impacted the game in a negative way. At least it was equally bad for both teams, as I recall. 3 1/2 hour game with 39 passing plays vs 102 rushing plays.
102 run plays and I think 1 holding call...on a 60 yard Tyvis Smith TD run that was 30 yards down field.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Here's a million dollar question....who relies on the run more.....NDSU or UNI?

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2015, 12:56 PM

How is that a question?

UNI

BisonFan02
How is that a question?

UNI

Sans Wentz, are we sure about that?

Professor Chaos
They both rely on it heavily but I think NDSU is better equipped to throw it if necessary (even without Wentz).

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Sans Wentz, are we sure about that?

Positive.

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Last 6 games:

NDSU UNI Total Difference
126 231 UNI +105
138 114 UNI +81
197 73 NDSU +43
176 181 NDSU +38
189 162 NDSU +65
66 31 NDSU + 90

Looks like UNI is more reliant on the run, but it probably depends on the opponent.

unigriff
December 8th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Last 6 games:

NDSU UNI Total Difference
126 231 UNI +105
138 114 UNI +81
197 73 NDSU +43
176 181 NDSU +38
189 162 NDSU +65
66 31 NDSU + 90

Looks like UNI is more reliant on the run, but it probably depends on the opponent.

Well look at who each team played. UNIs was a softer schedule against weaker run defenses. All we had to do waa run and dare them to stop it.

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Well look at who each team played. UNIs was a softer schedule against weaker run defenses. All we had to do waa run and dare them to stop it.

It's almost like I said "but it probably depends on the opponent". JFC xrolleyesx

JayJ79
December 8th, 2015, 10:23 PM
so lots of false starts, and no holding calls.
but what about targeting?

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2015, 10:27 PM
so lots of false starts, and no holding calls.
but what about targeting?

I've already got my excuses prepared for when NDSU "allegedly" takes liberties on your QBs in the 1st quarter.

Green1
December 8th, 2015, 10:53 PM
What's the over/under Farley goes "full Pelini" on a ref's call ?

BisonTru
December 8th, 2015, 10:58 PM

I've never seen another coach get to half pelini. I'm not a huge Farley fan, but he's smart enough to shut up before he takes his team out of it.

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 11:03 PM
It's fun to see how uniformed NDSU fans are on Farley with the blind hatred

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

dewey
December 8th, 2015, 11:07 PM

All NDSU fans?

Dewey

thebootfitter
December 8th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Usually it is the players on the field who wear uniforms. Not the fans. But maybe some do?

YoUDeeMan
December 8th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Rooting for UNI...but can't see a one dimensional team beating NDSU.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2015, 12:09 AM
I try not to hate a team or a coach until they give me more than one reason to. UNI does not bother me, as I grew up a Hawkeye and a somewhat bystander Bison fan, so my distaste for the Huskers, Gophers, and Cyclones is strong and UNI was just "there". This is how I look at it. Anyone can have a lapse of judgement and screw up, but repeated incidents, (Pelini and to a lesser extent, Lennon) cause me to dislike them as a whole.

Bisonoline
December 9th, 2015, 12:14 AM

Uninformed? The reason for their angst is Farley for a long time wasnt very complimentary of our program. Only as of late has he been more professional in his interviews.

FargoBison
December 9th, 2015, 02:26 AM

Farely has class, he isn't going to pull any Pelini esque stunt.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2015, 04:48 AM

I don't see how any of you are struggling with this sentence.

It means that the NDSU fans stand together with the same opinion. Uniformed, the same.

I don't necessarily agree completely with clenz, but sheesh, the sentence is fine.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2015, 06:46 AM
Uninformed? The reason for their angst is Farley for a long time wasnt very complimentary of our program. Only as of late has he been more professional in his interviews.
Agreed, I still remember his "They're trying to buy wins" comment when Klieman was hired by NDSU. It was after the 2013 game when I listened to his interview talking about his son Jake's injury that I started seeing a different side of Farley and I don't mind him anymore.

I don't think Farley hates NDSU especially now with Klieman as the HC. His feelings about Craig Bohl though? That may be a different story.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2015, 06:49 AM

It means that the NDSU fans stand together with the same opinion. Uniformed, the same.

I don't necessarily agree completely with clenz, but sheesh, the sentence is fine.
The thing is its not true. Sure a few posters feel that way but clenz always loves to lump all NDSU fans into his same categories. It gets old. He hates it when others do it about UNI fans so just stop already.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2015, 07:20 AM

This here.

Winning will do that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2015, 07:22 AM

Blah, blah, blah

If some NDSU fans dislike Farley...who cares. This is a frickin message board.

I can guarantee he will be half way out to the 50 yard line at some point during the game on saturday and the fans will be telling him to get back to the sideline.

I love this matchup and hope the Bison beat their ass!!!

Lehigh'98
December 9th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Blah, blah, blah

If some NDSU fans dislike Farley...who cares. This is a frickin message board.

I can guarantee he will be half way out to the 50 yard line at some point during the game on saturday and the fans will be telling him to get back to the sideline.

I love this matchup and hope the Bison beat their ass!!!

I think Twentysix was just making a joke about the spelling of uniformed, I could be wrong though. Can't wait for this game, should be a slugfest.

Green1
December 9th, 2015, 08:16 AM

I am surprised that anyone took my question seriously (I guess I need to use purple).

By the way, my uniform should be back from the cleaners in time for the game. It lists all the things I have a blind hatred of including: the "Hang in there, baby!" dangling cat posters, fruit cake and Coach Farley. (kidding)

dewey
December 9th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Agreed, I still remember his "They're trying to buy wins" comment when Klieman was hired by NDSU. It was after the 2013 game when I listened to his interview talking about his son Jake's injury that I started seeing a different side of Farley and I don't mind him anymore.

I felt bad for him as a dad to see his son get injured and then lose the game. Certainly a tough spot for him to be in.

Dewe

Bison56
December 9th, 2015, 08:51 AM

I haven't met him, so I don't know if I would like him or not.

unigriff
December 9th, 2015, 09:25 AM
I haven't met him, so I don't know if I would like him or not.

As a normal citizen person, he's a pretty cool guy Down to earth and original. As a player/coach (purely hearsay)...biggest A-hole you'll ever meet.

dewey
December 9th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about the physical effects on the players of the NDSU UNI game and how each team has fared the next week.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3899269-ndsu-uni-game-has-taken-toll-players-over-years

Dewey

thebootfitter
December 9th, 2015, 12:48 PM
If you're going to comment on grammar, at least get your facts straight. The sentence is not fine. If it is to be read the way you are interpreting it, then the word should be "uniform." Not "uniformed."

But no big deal. Just having a little fun.

dewey
December 9th, 2015, 02:05 PM
How about a football discussion on what about your team worries you or what about the other team that concerns you.
NDSU
1. Redshirt freshman quarterback Easton Sticks ability to read the UNI defense and throw the ball to the correct receiver.
2. The NDSU pass blocking against a very good UNI front. Trying to contain Schult (sp?) and others.
3. I would be surprised if UNI doesn't stack the box and dare Stick to make the throws this would really control the running game.

UNI
1. I was really impressed the first time of how fast the UNI LB'S flowed to the football on run plays. They did an outstanding job of getting through gaps and wreaking havo.
2. A very experienced secondary against a pretty green quarterback. I know he has a fair amount t of games under his belt but this will be the best defense he has seen.
3. The read option. Bailey and Smith have been tearing it up and I am interested to see how NDSU tries to contain the run. Does NDSU go with the standard 4-3 or do they go more of a 4-4 look and let Smith and Champion go man on man on the outside to give more run support. Or does NDSU do what they did against Georgia Southern and have a SS that has no pass responsibilities but is just there to stop the run.

Dewey

Bisonator
December 9th, 2015, 02:54 PM
How about a football discussion on what about your team worries you or what about the other team that concerns you.

For me:

NDSU
1. Stick's inconsistent accuracy. That has to do with his foot work and mechanics. That will improve with more time.
2. Inconsistent defense. They were lights out against Montana. Will they contain Bailey this time and tackle, tackle, tackle.
3. Our FG kicking unit. This was an issue against Montana and must improve. I think there were some bad snaps and or holds. Cam's been pretty good for a freshman though.

UNI
1. Obviously their run game gave us fits the first game. The emergence of Smith makes it even scarier.
2. Their defense always seems to give us problems. Farley is very good defensive coach and they have great players.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2015, 03:25 PM
I think with as familiar as these teams are with each other it's more about the players executing and less about coaching. Both staffs can pretty easily lay out what they need to do to win but it boils down to which side executes better on the field.

JayJ79
December 9th, 2015, 04:12 PM
I think with as familiar as these teams are with each other it's more about the players executing and less about coaching. Both staffs can pretty easily lay out what they need to do to win but it boils down to which side executes better on the field.

score more points than the other team

X-Factor
December 9th, 2015, 05:19 PM
For me:

NDSU
1. Stick's inconsistent accuracy. That has to do with his foot work and mechanics. That will improve with more time.
2. Inconsistent defense. They were lights out against Montana. Will they contain Bailey this time and tackle, tackle, tackle.
3. Our FG kicking unit. This was an issue against Montana and must improve. I think there were some bad snaps and or holds. Cam's been pretty good for a freshman though.

UNI
1. Obviously their run game gave us fits the first game. The emergence of Smith makes it even scarier.
2. Their defense always seems to give us problems. Farley is very good defensive coach and they have great players.

This sums it up for concerns. FG kicking is my #1 concern right now. The team seems to be peaking at just the right time. Defense has made a major turn and OL is playing so much better than the first 6 games of the season.

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2015, 06:11 PM
The Bison are not prepping for Kollmorgen this time.... :D

achrist70
December 9th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Field goal kicking is a concern of yours? It is a big concern of UNI as well, Schmadake has been less then stellar this year, including a key miss in the Fargo Dome this year.

ValleyChamp
December 9th, 2015, 07:57 PM

lol, no. You are wrong.

Complete fantasy. I don't know why some of you feel the need to perpetuate this BS to manufacture some outrage.

PantherRob82
December 9th, 2015, 07:58 PM
The Bison are not prepping for Kollmorgen this time.... :D

... but he took his brace off and is practicing this week. xlolx

Bisonoline
December 9th, 2015, 08:02 PM
lol, no. You are wrong.

Complete fantasy. I don't know why some of you feel the need to perpetuate this BS to manufacture some outrage.

Fact. Look at his presser when Klieman left to join us. look at the pressers when we have beaten you. Dont have to manufacture that. Its on record. As far as outrage? I dont have any. Others? Nope. They just dont like him.

ValleyChamp
December 9th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Fact. Look at his presser when Klieman left to join us. look at the pressers when we have beaten you. Dont have to manufacture that. Its on record. As far as outrage? I dont have any. Others? Nope. They just dont like him.

Yes, please, show me those pressers. Show me those 'facts'. Show me those disrespectful comments.

I'm sure you will have no trouble providing those for us.

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Kiper might watch.... :D

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14329414

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Yes, please, show me those pressers. Show me those 'facts'. Show me those disrespectful comments.

Since you asked.....

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/football/uni-spring-football-mark-farley-says-toughness-is-the-key/article_5d957c2c-5eb0-11e0-b1cd-001cc4c03286.html

When North Dakota State hired away UNI defensive backs coach and co-defensive coordinator Chris Klieman, it showed Farley once again the lengths UNI's competition will pursue to level the playing field. Several other teams in the league, including Missouri State and Western Illinois, have tried to improve their programs by hiring coaches with UNI ties.

"They try to find out what the heck you're doing from inside, and they try to buy their way to some wins," said Farley.

"A lot of times people try to take what you have thinking they can replant it. Well guess what? You can't have UNI."

Those comments rubbed a lot of Bison fans the wrong way and were the main reason why I didn't like Farley back then. Like I said before, I've come around a bit and I accept that he is who he is. That doesn't change what he said back in the spring of 2011 which doesn't reflect well on him in the minds of Bison fans. Not that he or you should care what Bison fans think of him but don't act surprised that he gets a bad rap from us, he's done his part to earn it.

dewey
December 9th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Good work Professor!

Dewey

dewey
December 9th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Here is an interesting post on the Bison Media Blog.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/a-first-in-31-years-in-the-reporting-business/

Does UNI refuse all, nearly all, player interviews to opposing teams?

Dewey

clenz
December 9th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Here is an interesting post on the Bison Media Blog.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/a-first-in-31-years-in-the-reporting-business/

Does UNI refuse all, nearly all, player interviews to opposing teams?

Dewey
Yes...jesus **** what a whiney ass bag.

Go look for quotes to non UNI media for PSU....EIU...SIU...ISUr...the first NDSU game...or any ****ing game. They don't happen.

Just another example of NDSU media/fans trying to manufacture something that isn't a ****ing story.

How about Wentz not being made available....why no mention of that?

clenz
December 9th, 2015, 10:12 PM
This is a line from his "journalistic reporting"

I’ve requested players a few times over the years and the last time was met with the following response: Coach Farley does not allow his players to talk with “opposing” media.

Which, is in direct conflict with the attempted manufacturing of a story that this is the first time in 31 years this has ever happened.

First of all, I'm calling bull**** a billion times over on that.
Second of all UNI has never released players to non-UNI media sources for any sport unless required too by NCAA media, the week before a game against that team.

I mean...holy **** on that "story"

JayJ79
December 9th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Bison folk sure like to get butthurt over stuff (maybe even more than UNI folk)

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2015, 10:15 PM
Kolpack likes to whine about things. To this day he still complains about the no media at Bison football practice policy that has been in place since 2012 I think. Its not like he singles out UNI as his only target.

aces1180
December 9th, 2015, 10:18 PM
This is a line from his "journalistic reporting"

I’ve requested players a few times over the years and the last time was met with the following response: Coach Farley does not allow his players to talk with “opposing” media.

Which, is in direct conflict with the attempted manufacturing of a story that this is the first time in 31 years this has ever happened.

First of all, I'm calling bull**** a billion times over on that.
Second of all UNI has never released players to non-UNI media sources for any sport unless required too by NCAA media, the week before a game against that team.

I mean...holy **** on that "story"

You do realize that it's on their blog, which allows them to state their opinions, right? I would think you would know the difference between journalism and blogging, Chad. Maybe not? And if you bothered to read the entire post, he does mention Wentz not being available.

clenz
December 9th, 2015, 10:24 PM
You do realize that it's on their blog, which allows them to state their opinions, right? I would think you would know the difference between journalism and blogging, Chad. Maybe not? And if you bothered to read the entire post, he does mention Wentz not being available.
I was referencing the poster who didn't mention it. Or the many BiSon fans on twitter that seem butt hurt over it.

It also seems really ****ing dumb that he would bitch about not getting Aaron Bailey...not even to talk about the game, just how much he likes playing football since he was highly recruited out of high school...yeah, that's something he needs to take time out of his game week for...give me a ****ing break....and yet glancingly pass over that Wentz isn't available.

This is the first, and only time in 31 years? Bull ****.

Also, it's great you know my name, as I've never hidden it, but we aren't on first a first name basis....thanks

aces1180
December 9th, 2015, 10:34 PM
I was referencing the poster who didn't mention it. Or the many BiSon fans on twitter that seem butt hurt over it.

It also seems really ****ing dumb that he would bitch about not getting Aaron Bailey...not even to talk about the game, just how much he likes playing football since he was highly recruited out of high school...yeah, that's something he needs to take time out of his game week for...give me a ****ing break....and yet glancingly pass over that Wentz isn't available.

This is the first, and only time in 31 years? Bull ****.

Also, it's great you know my name, as I've never hidden it, but we aren't on first a first name basis....thanks

I know your name because you were bitching about it on Twitter referencing his "journalism", when in fact it is an opinion on piece on a blog.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 9th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Yes...jesus **** what a whiney ass bag.

Go look for quotes to non UNI media for PSU....EIU...SIU...ISUr...the first NDSU game...or any ****ing game. They don't happen.

Just another example of NDSU media/fans trying to manufacture something that isn't a ****ing story.

How about Wentz not being made available....why no mention of that?

Whoa there big fella. Sounded like he just asked a question he was too lazy to look up himself. As a fellow lazy person I'm ok with that. If I didn't read your stuff all the time I'd be worried you'd blow your wad with all the excitement. Perhaps a slight overreaction?

Twentysix
December 9th, 2015, 10:40 PM
If you're going to comment on grammar, at least get your facts straight. The sentence is not fine. If it is to be read the way you are interpreting it, then the word should be "uniform." Not "uniformed."

But no big deal. Just having a little fun.

I disagree, it is explicitly acting as a transitive verb in the sentence. In which case, uniformed is just dandy, especially in informal English.

clenz
December 9th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Whoa there big fella. Sounded like he just asked a question he was too lazy to look up himself. As a fellow lazy person I'm ok with that. If I didn't read your stuff all the time I'd be worried you'd blow your wad with all the excitement. Perhaps a slight overreaction?He looked it up...got the same answer he got earlier this year (admits as much) and still took the time to write a blog post about it and how "it's the first time in 31 years"

clenz
December 9th, 2015, 10:47 PM
I know your name because you were bitching about it on Twitter referencing his "journalism", when in fact it is an opinion on piece on a blog.
Ah...so it's cool to just start throwing names out then (again, not that I've ever hid who I am).

I text/talk/snap chat/facebook members of this forum all the time, yet we don't use each others names. It's just a rather odd thing to do, especially when you "got it from my twitter"

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 9th, 2015, 10:52 PM
He looked it up...got the same answer he got earlier this year (admits as much) and still took the time to write a blog post about it and how "it's the first time in 31 years"

Very well then, I value reading your posts but this isn't an asterisks war. You don't get extra credit for good ideas laced with pretend curse words....

clenz
December 9th, 2015, 10:55 PM
Very well then, I value reading your posts but this isn't an asterisks war. You don't get extra credit for good ideas laced with pretend curse words....

thebootfitter
December 9th, 2015, 11:32 PM

I disagree, it is explicitly acting as a transitive verb in the sentence. In which case, uniformed is just dandy, especially in informal English.

Umm... Informal English or not, it is clear you are in over your head. While some folks don't like discussing grammar, I rather enjoy it. Not big on being a nitpicky grammar police just for the sake of it, but you threw down the gauntlet here, so...

Unless you're being intentionally facetious and it's going over my head, in which case I withdraw my statement and admit to being trolled, but, umm....

Please explain to me where to find the direct object of your "transitive" verb in that sentence.

Please explain to me what action is expressed by the so-called verb "uniformed" in this sentence.

Again, no big deal. Message boards aren't generally the place to go if you're concerned with proper grammar, but don't try to pass it off as correct when it is clearly not.

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2015, 11:42 PM
Umm... Informal English or not, it is clear you are in over your head. While some folks don't like discussing grammar, I rather enjoy it. Not big on being a nitpicky grammar police just for the sake of it, but you threw down the gauntlet here, so...

Unless you're being intentionally facetious and it's going over my head, in which case I withdraw my statement and admit to being trolled, but, umm....

Please explain to me where to find the direct object of your "transitive" verb in that sentence.

Please explain to me what action is expressed by the so-called verb "uniformed" in this sentence.

Again, no big deal. Message boards aren't generally the place to go if you're concerned with proper grammar, but don't try to pass it off as correct when it is clearly not.

^ a gentleman and a scholar. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2015, 07:38 AM
With NDSU's DL playing very well the last 1/2 of the season, they will probably do a better job of getting penetration to disrupt plays.

Play a little more man coverage on the outside and bring Grimsley down to help stop the run.

Only 2 more days....xhypedx

ValleyChamp
December 10th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Since you asked.....

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/football/uni-spring-football-mark-farley-says-toughness-is-the-key/article_5d957c2c-5eb0-11e0-b1cd-001cc4c03286.html

Those comments rubbed a lot of Bison fans the wrong way and were the main reason why I didn't like Farley back then. Like I said before, I've come around a bit and I accept that he is who he is. That doesn't change what he said back in the spring of 2011 which doesn't reflect well on him in the minds of Bison fans. Not that he or you should care what Bison fans think of him but don't act surprised that he gets a bad rap from us, he's done his part to earn it.

Thats it? Is THAT all you got? Thats what all the consternation and butt hurt stems from?

He was asked a specific question, not even directly about NDSU, regarding former coaches being at other schools and he gave a specific answer as it pertains to UNI.

lol, what a joke.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Thats it? Is THAT all you got? Thats what all the consternation and butt hurt stems from?

He was asked a specific question, not even directly about NDSU, regarding former coaches being at other schools and he gave a specific answer as it pertains to UNI.

lol, what a joke.
The fact you're trying to spin his answer to not slam other schools who've hired away coaches from UNI, NDSU in particular, is a joke.

I don't have all this pent up hatred for Farley that you seem to think every Bison fan has. I don't like him, oh well, I'm not supposed to like him. With him making "specific answers" like that I don't think you'll find a lot of folks who do like him outside of UNI. Big deal. He's a good coach, he runs a clean program, and his employer's fans seem to like him. That's all I would really think should matter to you guys, he's not in the business of winning popularity contests.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2015, 08:09 AM
With NDSU "stealing" coaches or a coach away from UNI, they must have really improved on something!

xeyebrowx

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 08:10 AM

lol, what a joke.

You asked for it.... xlolx Put me in the camp of Bison fans that don't really give two ****s what Farley says/does, but whatever floats your boat.

aces1180
December 10th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Ah...so it's cool to just start throwing names out then (again, not that I've ever hid who I am).

I text/talk/snap chat/facebook members of this forum all the time, yet we don't use each others names. It's just a rather odd thing to do, especially when you "got it from my twitter"

I used your name because I thought you were being a jerk on social media. Sioux me.

ValleyChamp
December 10th, 2015, 08:26 AM
The fact you're trying to spin his answer to not slam other schools who've hired away coaches from UNI, NDSU in particular, is a joke.

I don't have all this pent up hatred for Farley that you seem to think every Bison fan has. I don't like him, oh well, I'm not supposed to like him. With him making "specific answers" like that I don't think you'll find a lot of folks who do like him outside of UNI. Big deal. He's a good coach, he runs a clean program, and his employer's fans seem to like him. That's all I would really think should matter to you guys, he's not in the business of winning popularity contests.

Yes, I'm the one who is spinning, wow you guys are something else.

Y'all are getting called on your bull****, thats all thats happening here.

Still waiting for all this "evidence"...

Bison56
December 10th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Who cares zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Leths play!

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2015, 08:31 AM

Don't hold your breath while you wait... xrolleyesx

Btw, I think it's time for a new AGS handle for you.

UNIFanSince1983
December 10th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Don't hold your breath while you wait... xrolleyesx

Btw, I think it's time for a new AGS handle for you.

Technically our basketball team is still Valley Champs xsmiley_wix

clenz
December 10th, 2015, 08:41 AM
I used your name because I thought you were being a jerk on social media. Sioux me.
Grow the **** up

Keep hiding who you are though...takes a big man to throw first names out there and hide behind a screenname.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2015, 08:55 AM

Good for Coach K. Comes to NDSU and gets more pay as a position coach compared to DC at UNI. Pretty sure most people would do that. "Stealing" coaches.....

Keep thumping your chest!!

xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Damn, we're getting juvenile and chippy, can we has the ****ing game now?

aces1180
December 10th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Grow the **** up

Keep hiding who you are though...takes a big man to throw first names out there and hide behind a screenname.

The people that matter know who I am...You are not one of them. If you visit the Fargodome on Saturday morning, I hope people treat you better than you treat people here and your team loses by 20.

With that, have a great day.

Bison56
December 10th, 2015, 09:04 AM
So who is out, questionable, or doubtful for UNI for this game?

UNIFanSince1983
December 10th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Well starting LB Dexter is out for the first half. Other than that I would have to do some looking about injuries and so on.

ValleyChamp
December 10th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Good for Coach K. Comes to NDSU and gets more pay as a position coach compared to DC at UNI. Pretty sure most people would do that. "Stealing" coaches.....

Keep thumping your chest!!

xlolx

Once again, nobody said those things. I don't know how this could be any more clear.

Manufactured rift to make yourselves feel better.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Once again, nobody said those things. I don't know how this could be any more clear.

Manufactured rift to make yourselves feel better.

Oh, shoot me. "buy wins" ...is his exact quote from that article.

Frankly, I could care less about Farley. He'll be out on the field sometime, or multiple times, on Saturday and I'll be right behind him telling him to get his ass back to the sideline....xthumbsupx

BISON Thunder
December 10th, 2015, 10:15 AM
I hope someone can lead the discussion back to the theorems used to decide how this game was chosen for ESPN rather than ESPN2, or maybe the obvious reasons smart people live in North Dakota rather than Iowa! For the record, I have always respected Farley as a coach and more recently have enjoyed seeing/hearing his interviews. For whatever reason, I have Coach Farley as an older version of Jeff Monken...and although no longer it's coach, Georgia Southern certainly is a program few schools have been able to emulate.

As for the game, I think NDSU's line play is going to surprise UNI. It is not quite to the level is has been in recent years, but awfully close. I am hoping by about mid third quarter we see multilple Panther players looking to the sidelines tapping their helmets.

JSUSoutherner
December 10th, 2015, 10:38 AM
I hope someone can lead the discussion back to the theorems used to decide how this game was chosen for ESPN rather than ESPN2, or maybe the obvious reasons smart people live in North Dakota rather than Iowa! For the record, I have always respected Farley as a coach and more recently have enjoyed seeing/hearing his interviews. For whatever reason, I have Coach Farley as an older version of Jeff Monken...and although no longer it's coach, Georgia Southern certainly is a program few schools have been able to emulate.

As for the game, I think NDSU's line play is going to surprise UNI. It is not quite to the level is has been in recent years, but awfully close. I am hoping by about mid third quarter we see multilple Panther players looking to the sidelines tapping their helmets.
Because UNI-NDSU will be a bigger game and draw a larger audience than JSU-CSU. That's the reason. It's ok. We are pleased as punch to be on TV regardless of which network it's on. They aren't even at the same time so it's not like the NDSU/JSU games overlap anyway.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Well starting LB Dexter is out for the first half. Other than that I would have to do some looking about injuries and so on.

What's the status on Rathje?