PDA

View Full Version : Colgate @ JMU

jmufan999
November 30th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Wow, Monday and no thread for this game.

I'd love to hear from some Colgate fans. Strengths, weaknesses, predictions? Any of you coming to the game?

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2015, 08:30 PM
JMU will be a pretty big betting favorite here. I think Colgate's offense matches up well, but not sure if the defense has the speed to keep it close. If they can somehow pull it off, this side of the bracket sets up real nice with no MVFC teams. Either team will have a legit chance to make a deep run. Lehigh lost to both teams and had no prayer of stopping either offense, so they probably aren't the best gauge.

Fordham
November 30th, 2015, 09:15 PM
I'm not giving away any secrets! Let's go Gate!!

the last indian
November 30th, 2015, 09:25 PM
I'd give the edge to JMU's offensive and 'Gate's defense. Block, tackle and avoid turnovers. Go 'Gate.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 30th, 2015, 09:35 PM
JMU will be a pretty big betting favorite here. I think Colgate's offense matches up well, but not sure if the defense has the speed to keep it close. If they can somehow pull it off, this side of the bracket sets up real nice with no MVFC teams. Either team will have a legit chance to make a deep run. Lehigh lost to both teams and had no prayer of stopping either offense, so they probably aren't the best gauge.

Saw Lehigh play both teams. There's no question JMU was a better, more explosive team with Vad Lee. Schur is a tough Pocono's high school kid who went Lackawanna College for year before landing in Harrisonburg. Their offense is still good because of their ridiculous speed at the skill positions. Schur just can't take over a game like Lee can. Their defense is truly bad. Colgate should be able to score 30+ as long as they don't have many, if any, self inflicted wounds. The problem is, while the Raiders defense is good by PL standards it's still pretty average on a national level. I just can't see them matching JMU's speed over course of 60 minutes...

I picked this game JMU 52 Colgate 35 in the bracket challenge. After watching Colgate on Saturday I'll revise that to JMU 41-31. I have the Dukes losing to Illinois State in the finals. If Colgate wins I think they have a shot to advance to the semi's....

I hope some 'Gate fans make the trip! Beautiful camps, awesome scenery, cool town, interesting/impressive stadium and plenty of cute girls!

grayghost06
November 30th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Score prediction:
James Madison University 41
the formerly named Madison University (now called Colgate) 24

RichH2
November 30th, 2015, 10:53 PM
JMU sans Lee still fast but not overwhelming. JMU's D is a rumor. Melville should have a field day. Gate can stay with them for a while,speed will wear out Gate D. JMU 42-31.

ngineer
November 30th, 2015, 10:59 PM
I agree with alot of the above. I think Lehigh would have given JMU a better game later in the year once they got their offense rolling. It was still in experimental mode in early September. I think Colgate should be able to put up at least 30 on JMU, but if Lehigh put up 42 on Colgate, I would expect JMU to put up at least two more scores. We could see an o/u of 100+. I have to pick the Dukes, though will be cheering for the 'gate. JMU 55-42.

CFBfan
December 1st, 2015, 06:43 AM
I agree with alot of the above. I think Lehigh would have given JMU a better game later in the year once they got their offense rolling. It was still in experimental mode in early September. I think Colgate should be able to put up at least 30 on JMU, but if Lehigh put up 42 on Colgate, I would expect JMU to put up at least two more scores. We could see an o/u of 100+. I have to pick the Dukes, though will be cheering for the 'gate. JMU 55-42.

it's amazing how Lehigh fans think the FCS revolves around them and every thread on this board was initiated for their average at best team!!
nauseating!!!!!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 1st, 2015, 06:50 AM
While the D may be a "rumor" I am sure several of Colgate players will have heard of them by Saturday afternoon. Yes, the defense gives up a ton of rushing yards, but the secondary plays fairly tight and there are a lot of playmakers. Get ready to be hit hard. If Colgate can manage to not turn the ball over, then they have a shot. My guess is Dukes defense will force a couple fumbles at least. Colgate has a good turnover margin with only giving up 1 INT on the year, but they have lost 11 fumbles. Also, statistically, the rushing defenses of both teams are virtually the same, giving up 4.18 (Colgate) and 4.34 (JMU) respectively. Don't let total yards be your only measuring stick for how good/bad an offense/defense is. JMU's fast pace of play on offense creates many more opportunities than normal in a game (i.e., more drives, which correlates to higher total yards allowed).

I see this as JMU's offense is much better, and Colgate a slight edge on defense. Add to that the SOS, etc. comparing competition played, and that's why JMU is favored by 18. I agree with the 41-31 score line. But Colgate will win TOP 40-20.

Lehigh'98
December 1st, 2015, 07:29 AM
it's amazing how Lehigh fans think the FCS revolves around them and every thread on this board was initiated for their average at best team!!
nauseating!!!!!

We just do it because it's fun to see how upset it gets you :) it's not like they are a common opponent of these teams or anything.

RichH2
December 1st, 2015, 08:00 AM
We just do it because it's fun to see how upset it gets you :) it's not like they are a common opponent of these teams or anything.
:) Well said. Some points,
JMU. O now not as dangerous as with Vlad.
JMU gives up lots of rush yards. Nice that they have a good 2ndary,not particularly relevant to Gate's run centric O tho. Still think JMU's speed will wear out Gate over the course of the game.

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2015, 08:07 AM
:) Well said. Some points,
JMU. O now not as dangerous as with Vlad.
JMU gives up lots of rush yards. Nice that they have a good 2ndary,not particularly relevant to Gate's run centric O tho. Still think JMU's speed will wear out Gate over the course of the game.

Vlad the Impaler would be a main ingredient for a championship season I think. I agree with whoever said Illinois State Redbirds will win NC in Frisco, TX.

CFBfan
December 1st, 2015, 08:46 AM

c'mon 98, all in good fun! it's a slow day and this thread has no steam!!!
besides, always so easy to rile up you thin skinned LU boys!

DunkandDukin
December 1st, 2015, 09:35 AM
'Nova would probably have a little something to say about the "rumored" JMU D.

While the Dukes have been spotty at times, they are also high reward and playmakers when needed.

As usual this will come down to the LOS. The team that can dominate the point of attack will likely win barring oddball TO's and fluke plays. The JMU O-line had better play better than the last couple outings and I think the bye week will help there. Switching from a dual threat (and capable of bailing out a missed assignment or two) like Lee to a more "traditional" pocket guy like Schor changes a LOT of things. The time off and added study/practice should help there as well.

JMU wins this, and it's really not all that close. xthumbsupx

ngineer
December 1st, 2015, 12:48 PM
nauseating!!!!!

Man do you have a problem. I was merely using our game with JMU as a comparison since there are few, if other, teams who played both Colgate and JMU in the same year. I am sorry about your lack of esteem for whatever school you follow.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2015, 12:59 PM
The key to this game will be tempo, and who successfully establishes it. If Colgate can pull out multiple 8 minute, 10 minute drives on JMU's defense and wear them down, keep the score in the 31-28 range, they can win. If JMU makes this into a track meet, advantage, Dukes.

Personally I'm still thinking JMU. Even without Vlad they still have a lot of pieces in place for a deep run.

Go...gate
December 1st, 2015, 01:49 PM
nauseating!!!!!

Oh, come on. Can't we have friendly dialogue here?

Not to mention that Lehigh has a pretty damn rich football history.....

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2015, 04:59 PM
Colgate takes JMU to the final Buzzer, hold one fans this one will be a good one

heath
December 1st, 2015, 05:18 PM
JMU dominated both lines against Lehigh. Colgate will be in for a long day if this happens and they cannot run the ball. I think Russell and Melville are in for a long day!xnodx............48-17 JMU

Grizzlies82
December 1st, 2015, 05:59 PM
I'm going with the Montana Grizzlies over ND State.

Though I don't know how Montana would fare versus Lehigh.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2015, 06:05 PM

I'd like our AD to set up the home-and-home so we can find out :)

UNHWildcat18
December 1st, 2015, 06:06 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think this is going to be as close as people are saying?

Go...gate
December 1st, 2015, 06:28 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think this is going to be as close as people are saying?

You were the only one who said this after Saturday's game:

"Good job Colgate. Regardless of how the teams played, you won, and you deserve to celebrate. With that I hope you get spanked next week at JMU."

Lehigh'98
December 1st, 2015, 06:30 PM

I don't think Colgate will run it up on them, they are a classy outfit :)

UNHWildcat18
December 1st, 2015, 06:33 PM
You were the only one who said this after Saturday's game:

"Good job Colgate. Regardless of how the teams played, you won, and you deserve to celebrate. With that I hope you get spanked next week at JMU."

That I did, not just hope, but expect

Go...gate
December 1st, 2015, 08:21 PM
UNH Wildcat18, you are probably correct, though Colgate has come a long way this season.

ngineer
December 1st, 2015, 08:46 PM
'gate has to play their best game of the year. Be plus in the turnover category, control time of possession and be efficient with it. Their best defense is keeping the Dukes offense on the sideline. Pulling like hell for the Raiders, but the brain says JMU by two scores.

Lehigh'98
December 1st, 2015, 09:20 PM

Lehigh is comparable to Mike Tyson circa 1988, Montana Michael Spinks!!

Back to the game, I'm going to predict 48-31 JMU. Close for 3 qtrs.

UNHWildcat18
December 1st, 2015, 09:20 PM
UNH Wildcat18, you are probably correct, though Colgate has come a long way this season.
indeed they have

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 1st, 2015, 11:52 PM

No. Way too much speed for the Dukes.

38-13 JMU.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2015, 09:22 AM
No. Way too much speed for the Dukes.

38-13 JMU.

Are you saying JMU has "southern speed"? :)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 2nd, 2015, 10:00 AM
JMU beat Villanova 38-29 in Harrisonburg to close out the regular season. Prior to that they beat a "bumbling", to be kind, Delaware team 24-21. The Dukes had an extra week to prepare for that one yet only beat the Blue Hens by 3.

Colgate is as good or better than Villanova and better than Delaware. Colgate legitimately has good athletes which is a bit of a change for them imo. They're not JMU athletic but aren't the old plodding Biddle Raiders of the 2000's either.

As I said before, I have JMU winning on Saturday and heading on to the finals. I just don't see why or how this isn't a competitive game.

JMU2004
December 2nd, 2015, 10:19 AM
JMU beat Villanova 38-29 in Harrisonburg to close out the regular season. Prior to that they beat a "bumbling", to be kind, Delaware team 24-21. The Dukes had an extra week to prepare for that one yet only beat the Blue Hens by 3.

Colgate is as good or better than Villanova and better than Delaware. Colgate legitimately has good athletes which is a bit of a change for them imo. They're not JMU athletic but aren't the old plodding Biddle Raiders of the 2000's either.

As I said before, I have JMU winning on Saturday and heading on to the finals. I just don't see why or how this isn't a competitive game.

And the Villanova game was much much closer than that score indicates. Villanova was headed for a lead taking TD when the QB fumbled and we returned it for a TD.

I expect this game to be close. We are such a different team w/o Vad. Dukes win, but narrowly.

jmufan999
December 2nd, 2015, 02:39 PM
And the Villanova game was much much closer than that score indicates. Villanova was headed for a lead taking TD when the QB fumbled and we returned it for a TD.

I expect this game to be close. We are such a different team w/o Vad. Dukes win, but narrowly.

I agree with this. I've got JMU in a nail-biter. Maybe 35-31, with Schor running for a last second TD with under a minute to play? That close.

melloware13
December 2nd, 2015, 02:54 PM
Schur is a tough Pocono's high school kid who went Lackawanna College for year before landing in Harrisonburg.
Del Val isn't Poconos, they're District II (Poconos now are almost all trash for football, despite my alma mater's recent success). I think JMU just will have too much, but will say with more confidence that the winner should win in the Quarters as well

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 2nd, 2015, 03:11 PM
Del Val isn't Poconos, they're District II (Poconos now are almost all trash for football, despite my alma mater's recent success). I think JMU just will have too much, but will say with more confidence that the winner should win in the Quarters as well

I consider all of Pike County as part of the Poconos. My family has a place on Promised Land Lake which is about 20 miles down 84 from Matamoras. My HS has competed in the same conference as Del Valley since the late 90's or so, Lackawanna D1. Their football program is less than 20 years old iirc. They were terrible in football and basketball when I was in high school. Now they're arguably one of the top 3-4 4A programs in D2.....

CappinHard
December 2nd, 2015, 04:41 PM
So what you guys are saying, is that I should take Colgate +20.5 and not have to worry? Asking for a friend. xsmiley_wix

heath
December 2nd, 2015, 06:07 PM
So what you guys are saying, is that I should take Colgate +20.5 and not have to worry? Asking for a friend. xsmiley_wix
48-17, so yepxthumbsupx

Pards Rule
December 3rd, 2015, 08:46 AM

Is that the spread???

SkinsWizDukes
December 3rd, 2015, 09:07 AM
Is that the spread???

yup

JMU2004
December 3rd, 2015, 09:22 AM
lol...20.5 is absurdly high.

SkinsWizDukes
December 3rd, 2015, 09:24 AM

nah, we're gonna win by 30

JMU2004
December 3rd, 2015, 09:35 AM

nah. We're not a quick strike O anymore, and Colgate will try to sit on the damned ball.

We haven't blown ANYONE out since Elon. We win, but not by close to the line.

tribefan40
December 3rd, 2015, 10:00 AM
Clock strikes midnight, JMU by 17-21.

CappinHard
December 3rd, 2015, 11:28 AM
nah. We're not a quick strike O anymore, and Colgate will try to sit on the damned ball.

We haven't blown ANYONE out since Elon. We win, but not by close to the line.

For this reason, I also like the Under on a total of 68.5. I think that total is way too high.

SkinsWizDukes
December 3rd, 2015, 11:44 AM
For this reason, I also like the Under on a total of 68.5. I think that total is way too high.

Dukes score that themselves

KPSUL
December 3rd, 2015, 02:02 PM
Colgate will have some success running the ball and should control time of possession. What impressed me about this Colgate team when compared to other recent PL opponents, is that we didn't push them around on the line of scrimmage in either game this season, that includes both O and D lines. They have a couple of a battering rams for RBs, who are capable of picking up 2 or 3 yards after contact against most solo tacklers. They play a true Fullback on a lot of offensive plays. Like most posting here I think it will be a good game. However, I think JMU will win unless they find a way to beat themselves through turnovers, or the way UNH did by playing a pass oreinted defense against a run focused offense and giving up 5 or 6 yard runs play after play until the middle of the 3rd Qtr. Unlike UNH, JMU will need to plug any holes made in their D-Line quickly before those big backs get a head of steam. The Colgate QB can throw pretty well and he's very quick, although they use the passing game to complement the offense once the run has been established. A key for JMU will be to get scores on the board early to try to disrupt Colgate's ball control offense, something UNH was not able to get done.

ColgateTD
December 3rd, 2015, 07:28 PM
Colgate, 26-21 :)

CFBfan
December 4th, 2015, 06:08 AM
Colgate will have some success running the ball and should control time of possession. What impressed me about this Colgate team when compared to other recent PL opponents, is that we didn't push them around on the line of scrimmage in either game this season, that includes both O and D lines. They have a couple of a battering rams for RBs, who are capable of picking up 2 or 3 yards after contact against most solo tacklers. They play a true Fullback on a lot of offensive plays. Like most posting here I think it will be a good game. However, I think JMU will win unless they find a way to beat themselves through turnovers, or the way UNH did by playing a pass oreinted defense against a run focused offense and giving up 5 or 6 yard runs play after play until the middle of the 3rd Qtr. Unlike UNH, JMU will need to plug any holes made in their D-Line quickly before those big backs get a head of steam. The Colgate QB can throw pretty well and he's very quick, although they use the passing game to complement the offense once the run has been established. A key for JMU will be to get scores on the board early to try to disrupt Colgate's ball control offense, something UNH was not able to get done.

very good overview kpsul

Go...gate
December 4th, 2015, 06:36 PM
I am biased, but I am also a realist. JMU is a better club and should win.

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Lehigh is comparable to Mike Tyson circa 1988, Montana Michael Spinks!!

Back to the game, I'm going to predict 48-31 JMU. Close for 3 qtrs.

If Lehigh is like Mike Tyson of twenty years ago I don't want my Grizzlies anywhere near them. So no home & home with you!

In the game at hand, I suspect a Colgate win would easily be the biggest possible upset in this round.
So I don't see it happening. James Madison advances on Saturday.

RichH2
December 4th, 2015, 08:02 PM
If Lehigh is like Mike Tyson of twenty years ago I don't want my Grizzlies anywhere near them. So no home & home with you!

In the game at hand, I suspect a Colgate win would easily be the biggest possible upset in this round.
So I don't see it happening. James Madison advances on Saturday.
:)98 summed us up pretty well. Lehigh is all offense,relentless on the ground,effective in the air. Like Mike ,no defense.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 4th, 2015, 08:20 PM

Dammit, I will personally blame Lehigh '98 for this not happening :)

Fordham
December 5th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Let's go Gate!!!

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 07:47 AM

agree on that, If I was a betting type I would take those points

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 11:20 AM
The key for Colgate is not being satisfied after last week. If both teams bring their A games JMU wins by 2, MAYBE 3 scores imo. Last week was Colgate's first playoff win in 12 years. It was a pretty big monkey off their back. To beat a CAA team and one that beat them earlier in the week made it easy to celebrate. If the Raiders don't come ready to play they'll get run off the field....

JMU is going to come ready an prepared. I think they respect Colgate and the PL to a point but ultimately feel they have the superior athletes. JMU is absolutely a step-up in competition relative to UNH.

This is such an interesting game. Part of me really thinks Colgate has a shot and another thinks JMU and 16k+ fans will be way too much. My confidence in Colgate has slipped a bit was the week has gone on. That's probably a good thing for Colgate....xdrunkyx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:11 PM
great start for 'Gate!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Colgate had 1st and goal at the JMU 5 but settles for a FG...

3-0 Raiders...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Colgate has the ball back! Not sure how...

Temple football on ABC, Hoops on CBS so I got a lot going on...

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2015, 12:18 PM
So I don't follow Colgate as much as some PL fans do, but are they this for real? I knew JMU would be good but I am a little shocked by the score! 10-0?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:20 PM
TD Colgate!!

- - - Updated - - -

So I don't follow Colgate as much as some PL fans do, but are they this for real? I knew JMU would be good but I am a little shocked by the score! 10-0?

I think most expected a pretty close game! Colgate has come to play again!

RichH2
December 5th, 2015, 12:21 PM
:) Go Gate!!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Can't emphasize enough how this is the perfect start for Colgate. Now, they can sit back and have JMU earn every yard... just to cut it to 1 score. If they get another turnover..... watch out.

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2015, 12:22 PM
I knew it would be a game, so within 2 scores, but I didn't think with only 5 min in a game it would be 10-0 and not be JMU who was up

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Defending JMU's offense is all about tackling in space...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Colgate's defense steps up!

X-Factor
December 5th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Wow Colgate! 10 point lead and the ball.

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 12:30 PM
When will JMU take Colgate seriously??

Is Jake Melville the new Vad Lee?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:32 PM
First down 'Gate! tick tock...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Mellville giving JMU's defense fits..

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Gate on the move again. Crazy game so far.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Colgate not snapping the ball with more than 7-8 seconds on play clock...

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Would I love to be wrong and see Colgate win. It's always good to see parity in the FCS.

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 12:37 PM
With this game....and the one in Charleston....someone remind me how tough this side of the bracket is again?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
What a play on 4th down!1

grizband
Wow, what a great catch on 4th and 2!

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Can someone remind the cameraman to use fluid motion and please keep it still!

Oh and great catch too!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2015, 12:39 PM
What was Colgate TOP in the 1st quarter, 11 minutes?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Colgate completely dominated the 1st quarter. They couldn't have scripted it any better. Mellville does a great job controlling the clock...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Holy crap!! That's a top 10 play! Breaks up an int and then turns into a TD!!

CFBfan
December 5th, 2015, 12:43 PM
With this game....and the one in Charleston....someone remind me how tough this side of the bracket is again?
go eat a bison burger

grizband
No way! Colgate receiver catches a pass deflected by JMU in the corner of the endzone! Colgate up 17-0, pending the extra point.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
17-0 'Gate!! Boom!

Lehigh Football Nation
Man, the Patriot League really sucks as Colgate just goes up 17-0 on JMU in the 2nd quarter. :D

Gate83
December 5th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Start of the 2nd Q going pretty well too!

Mattymc727
December 5th, 2015, 12:45 PM
The Patriot league DOES suck. So does the CAA

Engineer86
December 5th, 2015, 12:45 PM

"Guys, no one has said how great the MVFC is in the last few minutes"

FIFY

Engineer86
December 5th, 2015, 12:46 PM
The Patriot league DOES suck. So does the CAA

And SMU sucks as an FCS team and, wait non of this fits my story line

grizband
December 5th, 2015, 12:47 PM
JMU with a big kick return, to the Colgate 25 (looks like a missed block in the back on that play).

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 12:47 PM
The CAA is overrated.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:49 PM
TD Dukes!

Game on!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Crowd looks ok, but far from great.....

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 12:53 PM
The CAA is overrated.

old news

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 12:55 PM
A PL team is running down JMU throat. Color me surprised.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Jeebus, in what I've seen so far Colgate is butchering JMU.

How many defensive starters is JMU missing? Their defense is getting obliterated.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 12:57 PM
JMU's defense steps up. Now a bit of pressure on Colgate D...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 01:03 PM
TD JMU! Their offense is still very explosive and the 'Gate D will never be mistaken for the '85 Bears....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Huge TD run by Hollander!! Colgate needed that!!

grizband
December 5th, 2015, 01:08 PM
That big man is fast! TD Colgate, 60+ yard run!

Colgate 24
JMU 14

4:46 in the 2nd

Lehigh'98
December 5th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Nice run there, TD Colgate!!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2015, 01:10 PM
This game is going to go down to the wire. But it's going to be of the 41-38 variety. Great game!!!

grizband
December 5th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Big kick returns could come back to haunt JMU! Another big run to mid field for James Madison.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 01:13 PM
TD JMU!

Colgate isn't going to stop them the rest of the game. This game is starting to favor JMU. They want a bball game on turf...

grizband
December 5th, 2015, 01:14 PM
TD JMU!

Colgate isn't going to stop them the rest of the game....
Probably not; game might come down to how well Colgate can continue to score. That early lead will be a major factor going forward!

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Should have been a flag. Bull****.

grizband
December 5th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Oh man, what a momentum swing! Pick 6 from about 20 yards out.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 01:18 PM
JMU with a pick six. Dukes take the lead!!

Lehigh'98
December 5th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Terrible pick 6 for Colgate there. They should just not pass again. It's killing their drives.

StrikeJMU
December 5th, 2015, 01:20 PM
I enjoyed that play.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 01:29 PM
JMU 28 Colgate 24 Half

Have to be disappointed if your Colgate. Up 17-0 early in the second yet trail at half. JMU feels like their going to put up 35+ points In the second half...

kdinva
The Dukes have come alive.....

StrikeJMU
Halftime.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21950&stc=1

CFBfan
December 5th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Terrible pick 6 for Colgate there. They should just not pass again. It's killing their drives.

it's actually kept drives alive and put points on the board, but for a terrible no call on pass interference on a tackle from behind on a 1st down pass and 2 plays before the pic 6 Gate is up at the 1/2

Lehigh'98
December 5th, 2015, 01:49 PM
it's actually kept drives alive and put points on the board, but for a terrible no call on pass interference on a tackle from behind on a 1st down pass and 2 plays before the pic 6 Gate is up at the 1/2

Fair enough, I have only seen a few possessions.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Huge series by the Colgate defense! Two big sacks!

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 01:54 PM
'gate scores, up 31-28....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 01:54 PM
TD Colgate!! Mellville shows his speed!!

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Wow, huge TD for 'gate

Lehigh'98
December 5th, 2015, 01:55 PM
TD Gate. Melville big run!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 01:57 PM
AT this rate Colgate might as well just attempt onside kicks. JMU killing them on returns...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 02:10 PM
TD 'Gate on a great catch!

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 02:12 PM
38-31; 'gate/

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Man Colgate will not go away. They truly came to play today. I can only wonder how this game/season would have gone had Bad Lee been playing instead. We could play the "what if" game all day, but right now, Colgate is playing with some serious swag.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Vad Lee. I hate autocorrect on my tablet

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Colgate has more fans at JMU than they did for any game in Hamilton!

Engineer86
December 5th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Colgate has more fans at JMU than they did for any game in Hamilton!

Success will do that

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Interesting 4th down call....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 02:31 PM
TD Dukes!!

- - - Updated - - -

Tied at 38...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 02:37 PM
'Gate responds! But missed the XP?!?!

44-38 'Gate!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Huge stop by Colgate D! A TD here would be a back breaker!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 02:46 PM
'Gate goes 3 and out...

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2015, 02:49 PM
How bat**** cray cray is this game?

- - - Updated - - -

Feeling this is coming down to a red zone stop one way or another

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 02:51 PM
JMU is driving. About 5 minutes left...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Score?

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 02:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/scoreboard/_/group/81/year/2015/seasontype/2/week/14

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Colgate 44-38...3rd and goal...

- - - Updated - - -

4th and goal for JMU!!

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Oh wow!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Colgate holds! Awesome pressure and great play by the DB!! Still plenty of time left...

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 02:56 PM
JMU fails on 4th down, 'gate ball.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 02:57 PM
First down 'Gate!! Adios JMU!! What a freakin win by Colgate and the PL!!

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2015, 02:58 PM
And Colgate goes to the Quarterfinals. Wow I don't think anyone could have predicted this.

RichH2
December 5th, 2015, 02:59 PM
What a game! Congrats Gate

Engineer86
December 5th, 2015, 03:00 PM
This Colgate D looked much better than what I saw in the LU game. Great win. Congrats Gate!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Colgate 44 JMU 38 Final!!

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 03:01 PM
If MM were still the coach, he'd order his team to brawl the 'gate players, and to trash the 'gate dressing room

Lehigh'98
December 5th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Well, no one will have a perfect bracket this year!! Huge win Colgate!! Who's next??

MacThor
December 5th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Well you're talking about the 5 and 8. I'll withhold response until JSU and McNeese finish.

Neighbor2
December 5th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Doesn't fit the usual narrative on this board, but that pesky, undeserving Patriot League had a good day!

Congratulations, Colgate!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Congrats Gate! Big-time proud of this Raider team.

KPSUL
December 5th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Congratulations to Colgate.

Gangtackle11
December 5th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Phenomenal game by Colgate. Congrats to them & for exposing the CAA as a fraud this season.
It started with Penn shocking Villanova & hasn't stopped yet.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 03:07 PM
congrats to Colgate, starting to look like 2003 again

citdog
December 5th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Emory and I were both right. Go Red Raiders!

Lehigh'98
December 5th, 2015, 03:13 PM
congrats to Colgate, starting to look like 2003 again

This side of the bracket makes that entirely possible.

ColgateTD
December 5th, 2015, 03:16 PM
They said it couldn't be done, but we did it! On to the quarterfinals Red Raiders!! :)

Pards Rule
December 5th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Congrats Gate from Pardland

Gate83
December 5th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Finally can exhale. Each game since Fordham has been a frickin' nailbiter!

TypicalTribe
December 5th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Tremendous win by Colgate. Should be a big party in Hamilton, NY tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColgateTD
December 5th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Thanks to all our fellow PL cyber buddies for hanging in there and rooting for the Raiders today!!

BucBisonAtLarge
December 5th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Congrats, Colgate! Maybe we can stop badmouthing the PL season now. Not so bad.

Gater
December 5th, 2015, 03:52 PM
Awesome.

JimLU
December 5th, 2015, 04:50 PM
nauseating!!!!!
Team formerly known as the Engineers appreciates your expert insight and appreciates all your kind words. Bozo.

Gater
December 5th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the congrats on the Colgate board, JimLU. I'm certainly glad there are as many Lehigh fans here as there are. Fans of any team make it a lot more interesting.

Also really impressed with JMU in general. Great to have that sized program/stadium on east coast in FCS. A real bummer for JMU to have lost their best player. Hope we get to see more of Vad in the pros.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Has an unranked team ever made it to the FCS Playoff Elite 8 before? It's probably happened but I don't think it's happened since the playoffs expanded..?

RichH2
December 5th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Team formerly known as the Engineers appreciates your expert insight and appreciates all your kind words. Bozo.
He is a dedicated Lehigh hater. Not worth a second or even a first thought.
Only important thing today is Gate's W. They played a wonderful game against a good team. Best of luck to Raiders going forward.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Good job colgate!

Sign us up for a game or two OOC!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Has an unranked team ever made it to the FCS Playoff Elite 8 before? It's probably happened but I don't think it's happened since the playoffs expanded..?

Good question. My memory is darn good going back to 1998. I can't think of anyone. SHSU might have been one of, if not the lowest last year. Florida A&M in 1999 also comes to mind...

heath
December 5th, 2015, 05:54 PM
one of the best wins of the yearxnodx, I did not see this coming but thank you for making the PL relevant in the discussion again. Go Gate!

JimLU
December 5th, 2015, 05:56 PM
He is a dedicated Lehigh hater. Not worth a second or even a first thought.
Only important thing today is Gate's W. They played a wonderful game against a good team. Best of luck to Raiders going forward.
Amen Rich!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2015, 06:04 PM
If it's happened, it would have come from a non-Power conference autobid team winning two games (in a 24 team field) or one game (in a 16 team field).

The PL had a bid 97 onwards. Colgate 97 might not have been ranked, but I am near certain that Lehigh was in 1998 because they were undefeated. Maybe in the 15-20 range but they were ranked.

Colgate in 2003 was ranked and was in the Top 5 of the SN poll at that time. Fordham I also believe was ranked when they beat Northeastern.

Other than that, who else could have done it? UNH made it at 7-4 a few times but were ranked every time. SHSU went on that amazing run with 4 losses but they too I believe were in the Top 25.

Go...gate
December 5th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Thanks to all our fellow PL cyber buddies for hanging in there and rooting for the Raiders today!!

+1

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2015, 07:20 PM
I just got confirmation via Craig Haley on Twitter that this is the first time EVER that a team that wasn't in the SN/STATS Top 25 has made it to the Elite 8.

Pard4Life
December 5th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Tremendous win by Colgate. Should be a big party in Hamilton, NY tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All 30 townsfolk will be there. No students though. It's outside their safe space.

knucklehead
December 5th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Was at this game, and wow! JMU's defense didn't look good. How they could give up those BIG gashing runs to the QB and RB right up the middle ALL DAY was beyond me. JMU kept going for the same delay fake from the QB over and over, and there was very little help on the second level. Colgate came to play and they played well, congrats. Fun on to watch in person.

RichH2
December 5th, 2015, 08:00 PM
I just got confirmation via Craig Haley on Twitter that this is the first time EVER that a team that wasn't in the SN/STATS Top 25 has made it to the Elite 8.
Wow. Gate has done themselves proud. Now to win the next one!

ngineer
December 5th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Was at this game, and wow! JMU's defense didn't look good. How they could give up those BIG gashing runs to the QB and RB right up the middle ALL DAY was beyond me. JMU kept going for the same delay fake from the QB over and over, and there was very little help on the second level. Colgate came to play and they played well, congrats. Fun on to watch in person.

Sounds like Colgate really had JMU's tendencies scouted well for the zone read run game. Great win for the program and for the PL. Keep it rollin'!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2015, 11:51 PM
Holy crap!! That's a top 10 play! Breaks up an int and then turns into a TD!!

And it was!! Sports Center #6! SVP gave a shout-out!!

2ram
December 6th, 2015, 09:24 AM
congrats colgate, way to represent the PL!

ZableNoise
December 6th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Sounds like Melville had a whale of a game (sorry if that joke has been used before)

RichH2
December 6th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Sounds like Melville had a whale of a game (sorry if that joke has been used before):):)
Thanks for the Sunday groan.

Gater
December 6th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Everyone loves a good d*ck joke.

(This is not a reference to Moby Duck.)

dewey
December 6th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Congratulations to Colgate on 2 big wins...so far. Very impressive to be outside the top 25 and make it to the elite 8.

Dewey

RichH2
December 6th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Everyone loves a good d*ck joke.

(This is not a reference to Moby Duck.)
OK,you're piling on :) Course,one cant have too many groans on a Sunday.