PDA

View Full Version : Getting Montana/NDSU on ESPNNEWS or ESPN Classic

Lehigh Football Nation
November 29th, 2015, 11:25 AM
ESPN holds the rights to the FCS playoff games.

The kickoff is at 3:30 EST/2:30 CST.

ESPNNews and ESPN Classic have Sportscenter reruns and a Knuckleball! documentary on during this time slot on ESPNNews and ESPN Classic., respectively.

Can ESPN be convinced to run Montana@NDSU on one of these networks?

bluehenbillk
November 29th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I'd rather it be on ESPN College Extra (ESPN 3) like yesterday, that way all of the games are together channel wise.

Mr. C
November 29th, 2015, 01:17 PM
One of the good things about it being on ESPN3 is that it can be streamed on your computer without those stupid blackouts ESPN does on some of its over-air broadcasts. And you have the ability to stream the games afterwards with little difficulty. I watched all eight games at the same time last night after I got back from the game I was covering live. Last week, I tried to watch the replay of The Citadel and South Carolina and couldn't because it was blacked out by the SEC.

On the flip side, Montana and North Dakota State Part 1 was probably the best broadcast ever of an FCS game in history, from start to finish. Bring back Brent Musberger, Jesse Palmer and the same production team.

IBleedYellow
November 29th, 2015, 02:19 PM
I hear that broadcast was legendary. I just can't bring myself to watch it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

grizband
November 29th, 2015, 02:22 PM
One problem many people in Montana experience - I don't, so I assume it's rural areas - is their ISP doesn't provide access to ESPN3. With games not broadcast on local channels either, many Montanans don't have access to the Griz playoff games.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 29th, 2015, 02:49 PM
I'd rather it be on ESPN College Extra (ESPN 3) like yesterday, that way all of the games are together channel wise.
Why? It would be an national tv the other way. Then I could watch the game, here in Fargo.

Catsfan90
November 29th, 2015, 02:49 PM
ESPN classic kind of sucks because it isn't I'm HD, And ESPN news isn't included in the basic cable package. It's better off being on espn3.

Bisonoline
November 29th, 2015, 02:53 PM
ESPN3 is also on Directv. Channels 790-799. If you have the sorts package. 13.99 I think.

footballer23
November 29th, 2015, 03:04 PM
ESPN3 is also on Directv. Channels 790-799. If you have the sorts package. 13.99 I think.
You're referring to ESPN College Extra, which replaced/ combined ESPN Gameplan & ESPN Full Court. It is ESPN3 games and it is a part of the Sports Pack for $13.99 on Directv. As of right now, I believe College Extra is only available on Directv, ATT & Verizon. There may be a cable company other than them here or there, but none are listed on their website.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 29th, 2015, 03:37 PM
In the past ESPN has made the game available on PPV basis as well as on ESPN3 (free with service provider), but only after Montanans made a huge stink over it.

I will be enjoying that game after Colgate/JMU concludes, most likely on ESPN3. Most of the people here, too, will probably be enjoying the game on ESPN3. However, if it's on ESPNNews/ESPN Classic, it will be enjoyed by more people.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 29th, 2015, 04:12 PM
ESPN classic kind of sucks because it isn't I'm HD, And ESPN news isn't included in the basic cable package. It's better off being on espn3.
I can't watch on ESPN 3 in Fargo(I have slow internet it stalls all the time). I can watch ESPN U in Fargo.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not switching to Direct tv.

Bisonator
November 29th, 2015, 05:24 PM
One of the good things about it being on ESPN3 is that it can be streamed on your computer without those stupid blackouts ESPN does on some of its over-air broadcasts. And you have the ability to stream the games afterwards with little difficulty. I watched all eight games at the same time last night after I got back from the game I was covering live. Last week, I tried to watch the replay of The Citadel and South Carolina and couldn't because it was blacked out by the SEC.

On the flip side, Montana and North Dakota State Part 1 was probably the best broadcast ever of an FCS game in history, from start to finish. Bring back Brent Musberger, Jesse Palmer and the same production team.

This. And put it on ABC! :D

Lehigh Football Nation
November 29th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I wonder if Brent would do it? It would be awesome if he could, on ESPN3 or anywhere.

ISUMatt
November 30th, 2015, 04:38 PM
No way, you would get Jay and Anish this time through

ISUMatt

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2015, 02:04 PM
All ESPN3 broadcasts available through ESPN College Extra and are available on AT&T UVerse, Verizon FiOS, DirectTV, and some others, but it seems like something that requires a subscription to a sports package. Weirdly, I can watch ESPN3 on FiOS at home on my computer (or cast it directly to my TV a la Netflix), but if I go through a cable box to watch it with ESPNCE, I have to pay.

Can Montanans get the broadcast through ESPNCE? I only ask because years ago it was a huge issue.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2015, 02:10 PM
All ESPN3 broadcasts available through ESPN College Extra and are available on AT&T UVerse, Verizon FiOS, DirectTV, and some others, but it seems like something that requires a subscription to a sports package. Weirdly, I can watch ESPN3 on FiOS at home on my computer (or cast it directly to my TV a la Netflix), but if I go through a cable box to watch it with ESPNCE, I have to pay.

Can Montanans get the broadcast through ESPNCE? I only ask because years ago it was a huge issue.

I have DTV, would this be on channel 790-799? If so I'll check tonight when I get home.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2015, 02:11 PM
I have DTV, would this be on channel 790-799? If so I'll check tonight when I get home.

I think so. I'm not sure how different it is from the old ESPN PPV.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2015, 02:57 PM
I think so. I'm not sure how different it is from the old ESPN PPV.

Ne neither, glad you asked though so I can check it out early and get things set.xthumbsupx

dewey
December 1st, 2015, 03:00 PM

The broadcast of that game was awesome! It felt just like watching a SEC game on a typical Saturday night.

Dewey

No_Skill
December 1st, 2015, 03:01 PM

The games aren't listed on the guide yet. They will likely update tomorrow or Thursday. As long as you pay for the sports pack, you will be able to watch the games.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2015, 03:05 PM
The games aren't listed on the guide yet. They will likely update tomorrow or Thursday. As long as you pay for the sports pack, you will be able to watch the games.
Thanks No, it is just the espn package right? I mean it isn't named something else through DTV, just click on the buy option onscreen as usual?

Appreciate the info. my man!

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2015, 03:35 PM
You're referring to ESPN College Extra, which replaced/ combined ESPN Gameplan & ESPN Full Court. It is ESPN3 games and it is a part of the Sports Pack for $13.99 on Directv. As of right now, I believe College Extra is only available on Directv, ATT & Verizon. There may be a cable company other than them here or there, but none are listed on their website.
Be careful with ESPN College Extra. They'll black out some of the channels on a business account...it's happened to our Alumni group here in the Carolinas for multiple games this season. We end up streaming it via ESPN3.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
December 2nd, 2015, 01:00 AM
Thanks No, it is just the espn package right? I mean it isn't named something else through DTV, just click on the buy option onscreen as usual?

Appreciate the info. my man!

If you have sports pack it will be channels 790-799 on Directv.

THE HERD
December 2nd, 2015, 09:02 AM

This is true, its called ESPN gameplan extra and it will have all the playoff games on there. Real cheap for Directv people, plus when I added the sports package they gave me 3 months free of Starz movie pack.

THE HERD
December 2nd, 2015, 09:04 AM
I believe Directv customers that have NFL ticket automatically get these channels for free, so If you have the ticket you should get those gameplan extra channels.

bri-dog
December 2nd, 2015, 09:10 AM
Here is the channel lineup for the regional channels on Sports Pack (click on "See the complete channel lineup) -- if you get these, you should also get College Extra (788-798).

http://www.directv.com/sports/sports_pack

And they charge bars/restaurants extra depending on seating, I believe. The bar I watch at is charged $1700/year to get College Extra.

CappinHard
December 2nd, 2015, 10:06 AM
I can't watch on ESPN 3 in Fargo(I have slow internet it stalls all the time). I can watch ESPN U in Fargo.

I have solutions for you... Stop being cheap and get better internet.

I'm not switching to Direct tv.

Stop being stubborn or stop complaining.

You should change your screen name to WTFentitledbisonfan.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 2nd, 2015, 12:33 PM
Can't only internet I can get