PDA

View Full Version : Montana at NDSU: The Rematch at the Dome! & GDT

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

dewey
December 11th, 2015, 11:38 AM
This guy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You son of a B! I thought I was going to. 2000?

Dewey

AshevilleApp2
This guy!

Finally! Now, where is that Coprich thread?

Grizalltheway
I really dislike the philosophy of mass cuts. A player or two with bad attitude I can maybe understand. The NCAA should allow such players to transfer without sitting. Seems like Stitt took this loss hard. Not the players fault he got completely outclassed and out coached.

I doubt that was the only impetus for them, but I guess you're free to believe what you want.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2015, 11:39 AM
I accept AGS rep in lieu of congratulatory PMs.

centennial
December 11th, 2015, 11:47 AM
I doubt that was the only impetus for them, but I guess you're free to believe what you want.
No trolling. Do you or the Montana fans think he is a good coach?

Grizalltheway
December 11th, 2015, 11:53 AM

I do. He's not perfect, but who is?

And if it turns out he's not the right fit, he's already a third of the way through his contract, so it's not like we'd be stuck with him if Haslam decides to go a different direction.

GetEmGriz
December 11th, 2015, 12:09 PM

I think he's a good coach as well but it does seem like there are many people who dislike Stitt. A lot of people disliked Hauck for being "too hard" and not a buddy-buddy guy with his players, but his results spoke for itself. The talent level on this team has dropped so far since Hauck left that Stitt has had to make big changes early to get it back where it was/needs to be to be a dominating program again. The guy knows what he's doing and it won't be long before Montana gets back to it's former self.

Silenoz
December 11th, 2015, 12:26 PM

You seem convinced that he isn't

Hauck = tons of people everywhere hated him, wrecked the Big Sky, couldn't win a championship to save his life. Lost to a DII and the Cats and the first playoff game at home in his rookie season
Pflugrad = put together championship caliber team in 2 seasons with split of his and Hauck's players so ???. Ended streak of 16 consecutive playoffs his rookie season
Delaney = players loved him, couldn't outcoach a paper bag during games. First losing record in nearly 30 years his rookie season
Stitt = beat NDSU, beat SDSU, crushed EWU and MSU. Bad, bad games against Liberty, Cal Poly, Weber, and NDSU, mostly tied to QB performance. Best rookie season since Joe Glenn

ursus arctos horribilis
December 11th, 2015, 12:48 PM
I really dislike the philosophy of mass cuts. A player or two with bad attitude I can maybe understand. The NCAA should allow such players to transfer without sitting. Seems like Stitt took this loss hard. Not the players fault he got completely outclassed and out coached.

No trolling, but a statement like this makes sense to you? He took the loss hard and and this is the reason? If you are serious then I need to take this into consideration on how to handle discussions going forward with you as I had no idea your thought process was so childlike.

It has been stated in many threads over the last few years that we have not done a superlative job of recruiting in several areas on the team. It sucks, we were in a bad spot and the staff in place just wasn't recruiting the overall quality we have seen for the last 20 yrs. Stitt tried his coaching philosophy with what was here...not the proper tools as even you yourself just said a few days back.

But seeing all this and you still come up with that clunker for an idea as a good take on why it happened? Seems problematic dude, seriously, need to maybe let some logic roll in there somewhere.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2015, 12:51 PM
I'm undecided on Stitt as a head coach at this level. He didn't seem to good at making in game adjustments. I don't think he's the genius everyone makes him out to be and I'm not sure the issue's this season were entirely personnel related. Time will tell I suppose.

One area he needs work on is media relations. Guy came off as an ass during his press conferences for the NDSU game. I'm sure he doesn't care but he's gonna learn some hard lessons. Don't disrespect your peers.

Grizalltheway
December 11th, 2015, 01:25 PM
I'm undecided on Stitt as a head coach at this level. He didn't seem to good at making in game adjustments. I don't think he's the genius everyone makes him out to be and I'm not sure the issue's this season were entirely personnel related. Time will tell I suppose.

One area he needs work on is media relations. Guy came off as an ass during his press conferences for the NDSU game. I'm sure he doesn't care but he's gonna learn some hard lessons. Don't disrespect your peers.

You might need to grow some thicker skin. I didn't catch the press conferences, but if you can give me some specific quotes that were disrespectful towards NDSU coaches or players, I'll retract.

Bison56
December 11th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I am interested to see what his O can do for a season with his players.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2015, 01:38 PM
You might need to grow some thicker skin. I didn't catch the press conferences, but if you can give me some specific quotes that were disrespectful towards NDSU coaches or players, I'll retract.

You can find them for yourself if you want to, it's not that important to me and I've got plenty thick enough skin. Didn't you wonder why we were still running plays with less then a minute to play? Just a hint but that isn't something we normally would do there.

Grizalltheway
December 11th, 2015, 01:45 PM
You can find them for yourself if you want to, it's not that important to me and I've got plenty thick enough skin. Didn't you wonder why we were still running plays with less then a minute to play? Just a hint but that isn't something we normally would do there.

Classic. xlolxxrolleyesx

mvemjsunpx
December 11th, 2015, 02:00 PM

I've never seen many kneel-downs with 31-point leads late. Kneel-downs are for close games. Most teams put the second-string in to hand the ball off, which is exactly what NDSU did.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 11th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Question: I am not aware of the Griz cutting players situation. Explanation? or does this have it's own post?

Silenoz
December 11th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Some redshirt frosh QB that everyone was high on. Nevermind that he was apparently like our 7th string

Bison56
December 11th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Some redshirt frosh QB that everyone was high on. Nevermind that he was apparently like our 7th string

7th string, wow you guys are deep at QB.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2015, 03:57 PM
I didn't see it the way you did apparently. The only thing that raised my eyebrows in terms of what Stitt said pre or postgame was when he singled out Stick for not having any playoff experience. He wasn't inaccurate saying that but he had no reason to take his answer and focus directly on Stick based on the question (which was something like "do you think NDSU's playoff experience will play a role"). Stitt doesn't seem to rely on coach speak as much as some coaches and I'm fine with that, in fact I kind of like it when coaches don't kiss the toes of the opposing team all the time.

BisonTru
December 11th, 2015, 04:24 PM
I didn't see it the way you did apparently. The only thing that raised my eyebrows in terms of what Stitt said pre or postgame was when he singled out Stick for not having any playoff experience. He wasn't inaccurate saying that but he had no reason to take his answer and focus directly on Stick based on the question (which was something like "do you think NDSU's playoff experience will play a role"). Stitt doesn't seem to rely on coach speak as much as some coaches and I'm fine with that, in fact I kind of like it when coaches don't kiss the toes of the opposing team all the time.

I agree with this for the most part. Even the Stick comment was a fair assessment and wasn't like he called him a poor QB just pointed out he had zero playoff experience.

As far as Stitt, he seems like a fairly likable dude. He does come off with a fair amount of confidence which can come off as arrogance, but at this level most of the successful coaches have this to some degree.

I do like his willingness to go for it on fourth. His offense isn't that complicated. It's kind of like a big rock on a hill. It can be tough to get the rock moving, but once it gets rolling down hill it is very difficult to stop. I think he'll most likely put the Griz in the playoffs, but I do think his system or any hurry spread offense is going to struggle to win championships at least not four peats. But to be fair it could be a long time before we see a team on a run like NDSU has had.

srgrizizen
December 11th, 2015, 04:53 PM
I agree with this for the most part. Even the Stick comment was a fair assessment and wasn't like he called him a poor QB just pointed out he had zero playoff experience.

As far as Stitt, he seems like a fairly likable dude. He does come off with a fair amount of confidence which can come off as arrogance, but at this level most of the successful coaches have this to some degree.

I do like his willingness to go for it on fourth. His offense isn't that complicated. It's kind of like a big rock on a hill. It can be tough to get the rock moving, but once it gets rolling down hill it is very difficult to stop. I think he'll most likely put the Griz in the playoffs, but I do think his system or any hurry spread offense is going to struggle to win championships at least not four peats. But to be fair it could be a long time before we see a team on a run like NDSU has had.

So now the Griz aren't back until they win 4 NCs in a row?? OK, I give up. And here I was hoping for a seed next year and maybe make the NC game the year after or in 2018. Maybe you guys can keep it rolling forever, but if you don't, how high is the suicide rate going in Bisonland? xpeacex

BisonTru
December 11th, 2015, 05:03 PM
So now the Griz aren't back until they win 4 NCs in a row?? OK, I give up. And here I was hoping for a seed next year and maybe make the NC game the year after or in 2018. Maybe you guys can keep it rolling forever, but if you don't, how high is the suicide rate going in Bisonland? xpeacex

Minimum 8 peat!

#boretheresttodeath

ursus arctos horribilis
December 11th, 2015, 06:03 PM

Well, you took a whole lot more out of that then I did I guess.

Green26
December 11th, 2015, 11:07 PM
Looks like Gustafson just threw another pick 6.

Dewey

In Brady's 6 full games (not including game he broke left in first quarter), he averaged throwing about 325 yards per game. That number would have ranked him 2d in FCS. Threw 4 picks in last game and 3 against Cal Poly (when he had a rib injury that impacted his throwing). Threw a total of 2 picks in the other 4 games.

- - - Updated - - -

So one thing I don't necessarily like this time of year is how quiet it gets around here. Teams go home and their fans pack it in. It was a fun week with all the Griz but now they are off hibernating.

It's lonely at the top, isn't it?