Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Ah yeah!

CJ Smith to the rescue

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2015, 05:05 PM
How the **** did NDSU lose in Montana

FargoBison
I guess CJ being back matters...shock for Griz fans...

Sent from my A0001

BisoNick
Boy Gustafson sure is having a game! He's got 3 TD's today! I mean two were to the Bison, but still. He may be our leading passer today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
I'm sitting here thinking about all the drunk assholes I had draped all over me back in August. I hope they're very sad right now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2015, 05:06 PM

Never should have!

X-Factor
December 5th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Over/Under: Gus INTs 2nd half: 1
Welll.....Looks like the over with that 2nd pick 6

DaBizon
December 5th, 2015, 05:07 PM

1st game of the season.

Lots of young guys on the team.

Team hadn't gelled yet.

No CJ

centennial
I'm sitting here thinking about all the drunk assholes I had draped all over me back in August. I hope they're very sad right now.
I still cannot believe we lost to Montana in August seeing them now.

Cleets
This has been an absolute destruction of the Griz in EVERY PHASE / Just complete domination

X-Factor
Seriously though. Grizz fans picking on CJ Smith earlier in the week is music to my ears right now. So hilarious

DaBizon
December 5th, 2015, 05:09 PM
I hate to root against the conference...but I hope Portland wins later today.

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Someone should tell Stitt to take his foot off the gas...

Cleets
December 5th, 2015, 05:10 PM
I hate to root against the conference...but I hope Portland wins later today.

Portland State beat the Griz about like this today

Grizalltheway

Classless douche. Why don't you just disappear again?

Twentysix
Dun dun dun, dun dun dun. 7 Balls off the NDSU defenders fingers this game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Great game by the Bison defense.

DaBizon
December 5th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Portland State beat the Griz about like this today

Yes but...
Portland not nearly as physical.

Bison win either way but less chance for injury vrs Portland

Bison Fan in NW MN
Bison coaching staff made great defensive adjustments....hats off to them!!

xthumbsupx

veinup
good lawad

they cant buy a bucket

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 05:12 PM
I actually love this LG commercial lol.

Cleets

Meh there's always a few - Prof Chaos has been pretty funny

Drblankstare
This has been an absolute destruction of the Griz in EVERY PHASE / Just complete domination

I have to be honest. I picked the Griz in my bracket for this game. I really didn't think the Bison D was mature enough to handle the Griz WR in the playoffs. This is eye opening to me.

NoDak 4 Ever
Seriously. You might have been one of them. About 6 guys literally jumping all over me in my seat. That's classy, don't you think?

X-Factor
Jesus, Gustafson is so terrible in this game.

Griz fans, I still love you (AG1 included), just know I have to rub it in for another quarter after all the chest thumping this week. ;)

Cleets
December 5th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Yes but...
Portland not nearly as physical.

Bison win either way but less chance for injury vrs Portland

Are you sure about that..?

DaBizon
December 5th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Not many teams as physical as UNI.

Yes I'm sure about that

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Seriously. You might have been one of them. About 6 guys literally jumping all over me in my seat. That's classy, don't you think?

Not their fault you took up 3 seats all by yourself.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Are you sure about that..?

Dunno if NDSU can beat uni again.

MTfan4life
December 5th, 2015, 05:15 PM
This happened against Cal Poly, too, where it seemed Gustafson and the receivers just weren't on the same page for so many plays. Back then it was the start of the season in a new complex offense. Now at the end with it still happening seemingly every other play, it makes you wonder how long it's going to take before the chemistry gets more fluid. The defense has played better than I expected, but boy is the offense struggling. Hang much of that on the improved Bison defense, but when you see a direct pass to a defensive player and the WR is running a different route happen multiple times, it makes you scratch your head wondering which player is doing things incorrectly.

Drblankstare
Cmon refs

Bison Fan in NW MN
Not many teams as physical as UNI.

Yes I'm sure about that

Depends on which UNI team shows up tonight.

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2015, 05:16 PM
I am shocked by this game. IMO if NDSU D plays this way for the rest of the game and hopefully next, I don't think anyone can stop them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Dunno if NDSU can beat uni again.

REally?

NDSU is just as physical as UNI.

I´ll NDSU in a potential rematch.

NoDak 4 Ever
Not their fault you took up 3 seats all by yourself.
Like I said. Classy

DaBizon
LOL I getchya. Was being a Homer about beating either team...but serious about UNIs physicality

mvemjsunpx
NDSU is 1/10 on third down and they lead 37-6.

Did not see that coming… xsmhx

Drblankstare
Fg kicking in the playoffs is very important

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Like I said. Classy

Ignore him

veinup
December 5th, 2015, 05:19 PM
only reason i'm still watching with any interest is to see if jamal takes the passing record

great game bizon (?). didn't let us get into any rhythm at all. and gustasfon sucked a nut bag

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Fg kicking in the playoffs is very important
Agree we are going to need it in a close game.

Cleets
December 5th, 2015, 05:20 PM
only reason i'm still watching with any interest is to see if jamal takes the passing record

great game bizon (?). didn't let us get into any rhythm at all. and gustasfon sucked a nut bag

I'm watching for another pick 6

DaBizon
December 5th, 2015, 05:23 PM

Peterson has been doing good this year.

Everyone is entitled to a bad day and his happens to be a day where it doesn't effect the outcome.

This kid won't let us down

veinup
December 5th, 2015, 05:23 PM
so ugly

my god

end this misery

put in mackenna

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2015, 05:24 PM

Well if the D plays like this, no worries...... But we have to be solid on all fronts

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2015, 05:26 PM
Well if the D plays like this, no worries...... But we have to be solid on all fronts

Stick needs to improve his passing

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 05:26 PM

Dude...shut the **** up and act like you have been there before. I had the exact opposite experience in August. Some good natured ribbing, but nothing over the top. Be a bigger man about it.

Southern Bison
December 5th, 2015, 05:27 PM
We'll give y'all the August game and we'll take the December game...plus we'll gladly throw in ND4E just to get rid of him.

chattownmocs
December 5th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Well NDSU has it rolling at the right time again. They may have to very well go through the 3 toughest teams in the bracket on their drive for 5, but they look up to the task.

veinup
December 5th, 2015, 05:28 PM
edit: nvm

Silenoz
December 5th, 2015, 05:28 PM
What a schizophrenic season. FYI this is by far our biggest FCS loss in nearly 20 years. Being an elite program is starting to get real distant in the rearview mirror...

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 05:30 PM
NDSU getting warm AND Confident at the right time......

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Stick needs to improve his passing

Yeah not pretty on the forward pass front

mvemjsunpx
December 5th, 2015, 05:31 PM
The Griz defense has played great… and it's been a total waste. xsmhx

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Yeah not pretty on the forward pass front
We need to give him the correct plays.

Cleets
Freshman sack

DaBizon
The Griz defense has played great… and it's been a total waste. xsmhx
Imagine playing against the Bison D today

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2015, 05:33 PM
I tip my cap to the Bison coaches and players, I really thought this was where the run ended. Turns out I don't know ****, and I couldn't be happier.

veinup
December 5th, 2015, 05:34 PM
great game bison. you made us look like fools out there. see you next time.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 05:34 PM
I tip my cap to the Bison coaches and players, I really thought this was where the run ended. Turns out I don't know ****, and I couldn't be happier.

+1

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 05:35 PM

You're a NDSU fan and couldn't be happier.....with your decision? (Sorry....had to)

Da Herd
I really hope they don't have to beat UNI again..

Bison Fan in NW MN
Great 2nd game adjustments by the defense!!

xthumbsupx

GO BISON

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2015, 05:36 PM
You're a NDSU fan and couldn't be happier.....with your decision? (Sorry....had to)

Hey, I have no problem being wrong. I just thought..... And that was my problem:)

mvemjsunpx
December 5th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Good game Bizon. Playing well in 3 phases in the game definitely beats 1.

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Well....here we go next week. I want no part of UNI or ISUr if possible.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Well....here we go next week. I want no part of UNI or ISUr if possible.

Bring them both on!!!!!!

I hope we get UNI

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 05:38 PM
What the announcer just said is true. No where in San Diego sells San Diego State gear.

Out of the 3 or so targets I've been to, only one had a single hoodie hung on the charger wall. Walmart etc have nothing.

Once you get off of SDSU's campus, they don't exist.

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Ok UNI, don't **** I up now.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Ok UNI, don't **** I up now.

Meh, I'd rather see a new team.

Normally a root for the MVFC.... but...

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Well, that couldn't have gone much worse.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 05:42 PM

Some of the 8 Gus passes that hit the finger tips of NDSU defenders could have been caught ;)

Seriously though, you guys will be back. We will meet again in the playoffs.

Silenoz
December 5th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Some of the 8 Gus passes that hit the finger tips of NDSU defenders could have been caught ;)

Seriously though, you guys will be back. We will meet again in the playoffs.
We've been saying that for awhile

SDSUAlum08
December 5th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Actually, Montana kicked SDS' ass in the first half, sat on its 24 point lead, and SDS didn't come close to pulling it off. If Montana didn't take a knee on the last 3 plays, Montana would probably have scored another TD.

Sorry. I meant NDSU by 30.

Da Herd
December 5th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Bring them both on!!!!!!

I hope we get UNI

https://i.imgflip.com/ogt34.jpg

X-Factor
December 5th, 2015, 05:45 PM
So I was pretty impressed by the grizz defense. Obviously the grizz offense was completely over matched in this game. But if they never gave up.

centennial

Your defense played well. You really lack a quality RB. Also this is why I dislike the spread, if you are not doing well it gives you no chance. When you have the best athletes in the country like Baylor or TCU it is much easier to run this system.

Drblankstare

Same here, but this feels like a reunion tour. The Bison are going to play all their best hits

Bison56
December 5th, 2015, 05:46 PM

Same here and am hoping for no let down.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Your defense played well. You really lack a quality RB. Also this is why I dislike the spread, if you are not doing well it gives you no chance. When you have the best athletes in the country like Baylor or TCU it is much easier to run this system.

I thought their RB was great the rest of the season... something else was going on.

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2015, 05:48 PM

Seriously though, you guys will be back. We will meet again in the playoffs.Sure hope so.

I like Stitt, and think he'll get us back to a higher level. May not be what we once were, but hardly any team ever will (besides what you guys have been doing).

The biggest issue we have is that we have some amazing players, but are below average in some position groups. That used to never be the case. We also haven't had a killer instinct since about 2009.

If Stitt can fix those two things, we might get back to contending for titles every year.

Right now, it's still too early.

Great game, Bison. You were the much better team today.

Green26
December 5th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Congrats to Bison. Dominating performance. Terrific D. Kicked our butts. As some of you said, your D bothered our QB, and eventually sacked him. Noticed some of your disguised coverages and nice play by the corners and secondary. The UM receivers showed more of their stuff in the second half, but the long kickoff returned ended any change of the Griz making it a game. Looks like you should roll to your 5th championship. I was impressed. I knew your running backs were good, and they certainly were.

Scooter
December 5th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Go UNI! Always root MVC. Good day to be a Bison as they were the better team. Congrats to Montana on a good season.

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2015, 05:52 PM

Calhoun will be a good one. Right now we're without a real explosive back, and our offensive line leaves a lot to be desired. Our last o line coach set the program back years with some of his terrible tendencies and recruiting decisions.

centennial
I thought their RB was great the rest of the season... something else was going on.
They have one above average RB Nyugen, he is slippery but if stopped- kills the run. They need more variety and depth. Receivers are probably among the best in the FCS though. The something else was the line play, and planning. Seeing this game and the last Stitt makes poor adjustments. He will sniff out mismatches but lacks the ability to change gameplans when things aren't going his way.

Southern Bison
Go PSU!! We'll roll through the Big Fluffy and then hope for Richmond to join us in Fargo on the 19th!

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 05:54 PM
They have one above average RB Nyugen, he is slippery but if stopped- kills the run. They need more variety and depth. Receivers are probably among the best in the FCS though. The something else was the line play, and planning. Seeing this game and the last Stitt makes poor adjustments. He will sniff out mismatches but lacks the ability to change gameplans when things aren't going his way.

Possibly that is an effect of out-scheming everyone at a lower level, and thus never having to adjust. He will probably learn and be able to adjust as his career at Montana continues.

Green26
December 5th, 2015, 05:54 PM
NDSU is 1/10 on third down and they lead 37-6.

Did not see that coming… xsmhx

NDSU ended up 1 for 14 on 3d down conversions. At least, the Griz won something. Ha.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Go PSU!! We'll roll through the Big Fluffy and then hope for Richmond to join us in Fargo on the 19th!

starting to look like easy street for the Bison, But I think you get N Iowa vice Big fluffy and that might be your biggest hurdle

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2015, 05:56 PM
NDSU ended up 1 for 14 on 3d down conversions. At least, the Griz won something. Ha.

That is truly an incredible and frustrating stat.

Coach Ty deserves a ton of credit.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 05:57 PM
starting to look like easy street for the Bison, But I think you get N Iowa vice Big fluffy and that might be your biggest hurdle

Out of the entire field, I think UNI probably stands the best chance at beating NDSU... so I would have to agree that they would/will be our biggest hurdle.

Maybe PSU can do us a favor, but I'm not counting on it.

Bisonator
December 5th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Hell of a game by the Bison defense today. Safe to say they had something to prove today. I know the Griz fans don't like to admit it but the FargoDome really is a wicked place to play a PO game. I think that had a big impact on your QB/WR reads today. They were clearly on different page today. Our offense was rather inconsistent but credit the Griz defense for some of that they made a gallant effort to keep them in the game. Our FG kicker definitely needs work. Cam looked lost out there today!

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Out of the entire field, I think UNI probably stands the best chance at beating NDSU... so I would have to agree that they would/will be our biggest hurdle.

Maybe PSU can do us a favor, but I'm not counting on it.

that PSU vs N Iowa is the tough game to gauge for me, should be a good game

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 5th, 2015, 06:00 PM
I think the Bison were jumping routes making the WR's change direction. Then throwing off the timing passes.

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Possibly that is an effect of out-scheming everyone at a lower level, and thus never having to adjust. He will probably learn and be able to adjust as his career at Montana continues.
I think so. In the half time interview he pretty much identities where he can go to give his team a chance. It however stored there, and once we adjusted he was stuck. What really stood out to me was the lack of trying anything else.

I don't remember the backup RB coming in, QB could have possibly be changed. Give NDSU a different look, your are losing anyway, but he kept going to the same plays over and over. If I could read what plays were coming so could the coaches. Didn't even try many different formations. Notice how NDSU ran a lot of misdirection to stop Montana from being effective at stacking the box- no adjustments, none. We were running outside at will and he also did nothing.

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2015, 06:01 PM
That is truly an incredible and frustrating stat.

Coach Ty deserves a ton of credit.

Wasnt this the story all year for the Griz. Solid D, but the O couldn't hold up the bargain. I Know Gus was hurt for a stretch, but still

Da Herd
December 5th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Meltdown in full effect on eGriz. I didn't agree last week when people gave SDSU credit for the 2nd half when the griz let off the gas and I dont agree with some of the griz fans thinking an avg game from Gus gives them a 50% chance of winning today.

I was about that O after watching the jacks game, feeling pretty good about the Bison D after today!

I think a great deal of credit for the outcome of today's game compared to the season opener has to do with the Bison staff having game film of stitt's offense.

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 06:05 PM
I hate my frekin phone auto correcting everything I write..

uofmman1122
December 5th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Wasnt this the story all year for the Griz. Solid D, but the O couldn't hold up the bargain. I Know Gus was hurt for a stretch, but still
It was, but the O looked like it had turned a corner, at least until the second half of the SDSU game.

Makes me wonder if Gus was a little banged up. Ever since that 3rd quarter started, something has been off. Could just be a mental thing, which is what some Griz fans are suggesting.

But yeah, more often than not our defense has played well, only for the offense to drop the ball.

Our offense should be better next year, if only because the more time in the system will help everyone.

Schism55
December 5th, 2015, 06:08 PM
A couple things fellas.
1. The boys are back.
2. GF will be getting a jolly good rodgering later while I envision Bruce Andersons' 100 yd KO return TD :D. I assume posting a vid of said activities would be frowned upon in these parts?
3. Bison served notice. Watch out.
4. Sexual buffet is open at my pad tonight.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Meltdown in full effect on eGriz. I didn't agree last week when people gave SDSU credit for the 2nd half when the griz let off the gas and I dont agree with some of the griz fans thinking an avg game from Gus gives them a 50% chance of winning today.

I was about that O after watching the jacks game, feeling pretty good about the Bison D after today!

I think a great deal of credit for the outcome of today's game compared to the season opener has to do with the Bison staff having game film of stitt's offense.

Poor Bob's Titts, Missoula is a small town. He's not going to be able to show his face anywhere. Hope he knows all the delivery places.

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Poor Bob's Titts, Missoula is a small town. He's not going to be able to show his face anywhere. Hope he knows all the delivery places.

As long as Casyes delivers breaksfast pizza, he'll be fine

BisonBacker
December 5th, 2015, 06:31 PM
What´s the score?

In frickin Mexico and cannot get espn3 here.....

That explains why I didn't see you or you didn't answer my call or texts xlolx

Green26
December 5th, 2015, 06:43 PM

Actually, most people in Missoula are fine or even pleased with the season.

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Okay people. Let's not be sore winners, a lot was said, the game is over, no reason to rub their noses.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 06:47 PM

I'm glad. eGriz is ridiculous right now.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 06:48 PM

That's so funny, I texted and didn't get an answer so I was just about to text asking where he is.

Good to know.

BisonBacker
December 5th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Congrats to the Griz on a good season.

mvemjsunpx
December 5th, 2015, 06:55 PM

I really don't think you need that qualifier. xeyebrowx

IBleedYellow
December 5th, 2015, 07:02 PM
That was fun

Screw that offense that Montana runs... I was so nervous being up 24-6 in the third knowing how fast they could score.

Glad to see our defense showed up like I was expecting them to!

Good game, Griz! Ursus was right. We'd play twice this year and split the series.

IBleedYellow
December 5th, 2015, 07:03 PM
NDSU holds the Griz to 12.

Hot damn. I was wrong.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 07:08 PM
I really don't think you need that qualifier. xeyebrowx

I mean on the Stitt talk. You won't get an argument out of me the rest of the time.

ISUMatt
December 5th, 2015, 07:10 PM

Fat chance, see you in Normal is more like it (yes we both have to win next week, so it's all in jest)

steelbison
December 5th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Bison offense played line ****. Better up their game next week or we are done. Should have beat the griz by 40-50 today the way defense played.

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Bison offense played line ****. Better up their game next week or we are done. Should have beat the griz by 40-50 today the way defense played.

The offense was bad, helped that the D stepped it up. Also the play calling was too conservative.

TennBison
December 5th, 2015, 07:47 PM
I hate my frekin phone auto correcting everything I write..

Well it is better than my wife auto correcting everything that I say.

mvemjsunpx
December 5th, 2015, 07:49 PM
I mean on the Stitt talk. You won't get an argument out of me the rest of the time.

eGriz will always find something to be ridiculous about. It's akin to "nature abhors a vacuum" or something. ;)

Green26
December 5th, 2015, 07:53 PM

Don't know what you're talking about. Not many neggies out on egriz at all. One guy, a troll, who has been kicked off the board a 100 times. Looks like you need to some reading glasses.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2015, 08:02 PM

Sorry buddy. No cell!

Followed the game on the inforum game blog....

Wish I could have been there.

IBleedYellow
December 5th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Don't know what you're talking about. Not many neggies out on egriz at all. One guy, a troll, who has been kicked off the board a 100 times. Looks like you need to some reading glasses.
Not going to lie... I was confused as to what meltdown he was seeing.

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 08:04 PM

I went over there for a little before the game this week.....I'm not going over there now. I had a good experience out in Missoula in August. The only thing that was kinda funny was the Griz fan in the Otis tailgate that was dropping "river" smack post game to any Bison fan that walked by (might have been beverage induced :D ). xlolx His world might be a bit upside down now. :D

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Sorry buddy. No cell!

Followed the game on the inforum game blog....

Wish I could have been there.
Get a cheap Windows phone and T Mobile when you go out of country. Roaming is free internationally if I remember correctly.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 08:19 PM

Come on. There is not so tongue in cheek calls for Stitt's head, Brady G isn't a real QB, it's there.

Cleets
December 5th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Yeah I think you'll find that damn near everybody thinks the Griz out performed their pre-season estimations of where they should be

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Come on. There is not so tongue in cheek calls for Stitt's head, Brady G isn't a real QB, it's there.

I've found, if you intentionally avoidgoing to competitive forums, you're going to have a better time. Your mileage may vary I guess if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Cleets
December 5th, 2015, 08:32 PM
I've found, if you intentionally avoidgoing to competitive forums, you're going to have a better time. Your mileage may vary I guess if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Remember he was mortally wronged in Missoula - he has retribution due to him...

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Remember he was mortally wronged in Missoula - he has retribution due to him...

Maybe he should go back to his "Safe Zone"....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Get a cheap Windows phone and T Mobile when you go out of country. Roaming is free internationally if I remember correctly.

Thanks!

Looking forward getting back to the good ol US of A for next week´s game....xthumbsupx

Silenoz
December 5th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Not going to lie... I was confused as to what meltdown he was seeing.

It's by far the most tame I've seen it after a loss. I usually have a headache after we lose. Tonight is the first time I don't recall that happening.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Thanks!

Looking forward getting back to the good ol US of A for next week´s game....xthumbsupx

Don't be surprised if I pop down the aisle to say hi. Got some serious FOMO this weekend.

Green26
December 5th, 2015, 09:40 PM

Nope, that's not true.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Nope, that's not true.

Stitt should do the honorable thing and recruit his own replacement.

Sure hope there is some major effort to recruit a transfer hotshot QB for next year.

Montana is too rich a program for a coach like Stitt. He would have been a great OC at this level for a program like Montana. He really fed UofM some bullStitt.

We won't advance with Brady as the qb. He can throw but he is a mental mess and isn't near mobile enough.

Exactly. Brady doesn't seem tough enough mentally to play a big game like this. He pretty much single handedly lost this game. Kind of like Tanner Bleskin at last year's Brawl.

Yep. All sunshine and bunnies over there

Bison56
December 5th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Who gives a Sh**?

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 10:17 PM
Who gives a Sh**?

Stitt?

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Who gives a Sh**?

Apparently he does.....why? I dunno.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Who gives a Sh**?

Apparently Green26. I was just trying to help him out.

What would you like to talk about? Do you need help finding anything?

Bison56
December 5th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Loosen up your bra, relax, and enjoy the win.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Loosen up your bra, relax, and enjoy the win.

I am. I made an offhanded comment which naturally got blown out of proportion but I'm not going to be called stupid or a liar without answering it.

X-Factor
December 5th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Good game griz. Until next time

dewey
December 5th, 2015, 11:09 PM
Wow! What a performance from the Bison defense today. That was extremely impressive! IMHO the Grizzlies had a good season for a new coaching staff, new offensive system and enduring Gustafson being out a majority of the season.

Good luck to the Grizzlies next season.

Dewey

Green26
December 6th, 2015, 12:51 AM
Yep. All sunshine and bunnies over there

Yes, I told you there was a troll or two saying things like that at egriz. Virtually no one else was. I didn't say this before, but I will now. You don't know what you're talking about on this subject.

Houndawg
December 6th, 2015, 08:18 AM
We'll give y'all the August game and we'll take the December game...plus we'll gladly throw in ND4E just to get rid of him.

I'll take ND4E over the rest of you pussies anytime. He and Tatanka were the only ones that would lower themselves to talk with an SIU fan last season at C'dale. Rest of them just stood around their half-million dollar motor home looking faintly embarrassed like somebody let a homeless vet into their country club. Couldn't get a single one of them to take a shot of the outstanding Buffalo Trace bourbon I brought along specifically because Bison fans say they enjoy a drink. xsmhx

I'm inclined to root for UNI over NDSU just for that, and I'd root for Saddam Hussein if he were playing UNI.

Drblankstare
December 6th, 2015, 08:24 AM
I'll take ND4E over the rest of you pussies anytime. He and Tatanka were the only ones that would lower themselves to talk with an SIU fan last season at C'dale. Rest of them just stood around their half-million dollar motor home looking faintly embarrassed like somebody let a homeless vet into their country club. Couldn't get a single one of them to take a shot of the outstanding Buffalo Trace bourbon I brought along specifically because Bison fans say they enjoy a drink. xsmhx

I'm inclined to root for UNI over NDSU just for that, and I'd root for Saddam Hussein if he were playing UNI.

This whole thing is pure gold. much reppies +1

Thundar
December 6th, 2015, 09:29 AM
A couple things fellas.
1. The boys are back.
2. GF will be getting a jolly good rodgering later while I envision Bruce Andersons' 100 yd KO return TD :D. I assume posting a vid of said activities would be frowned upon in these parts?
3. Bison served notice. Watch out.
4. Sexual buffet is open at my pad tonight.

This is one weird post

Peems
December 6th, 2015, 09:33 AM
First off, congrats Bison. Your D played outstanding and dominated the game. Brady was rattled and boy did it make a difference. I thought the Griz had a chance, our D played well enough, but you can't gift 2 pick sixes and have two more turnovers and expect to beat the champs. That KO return was a backbreaker. The Griz COULD have won if they played an outstanding game and made no mistakes. They did not. Again, congrats on the win and best of luck the rest of the way.

jacksfan29
December 6th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Actually, Montana kicked SDS' ass in the first half, sat on its 24 point lead, and SDS didn't come close to pulling it off. If Montana didn't take a knee on the last 3 plays, Montana would probably have scored another TD.

I guess Zimmer's take on the Griz was accurate. Just saying.

Oh, and Stitt made a fool of himself prior to the Bison game, much like after the SDSU game; very D2

Green26
December 6th, 2015, 09:46 AM
I guess Zimmer's take on the Griz was accurate. Just saying.

Oh, and Stitt made a fool of himself prior to the Bison game, much like after the SDSU game; very D2

Zimmer was right that the Bison would roll. Nevertheless, the Griz kicked SDS' ass, and you and your guys were watching on tv yesterday, while the Griz played the Bison. I am unimpressed with Zimmer, as well as you. You both appear to be bad losers.

TennBison
December 6th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Zimmer was right that the Bison would roll. Nevertheless, the Griz kicked SDS' ass, and you and your guys were watching on tv yesterday, while the Griz played the Bison. I am unimpressed with Zimmer, as well as you. You both appear to be bad losers.

If your going to say that the Griz kicked SDSU ass, that is fine. But then you would need to change you thought of the Bison rolling the Griz to a more appropriate term like ..........oh, DESTROYED the Griz.

Green26
December 6th, 2015, 12:17 PM
If your going to say that the Griz kicked SDSU ass, that is fine. But then you would need to change you thought of the Bison rolling the Griz to a more appropriate term like ..........oh, DESTROYED the Griz.

I have said multiple times that the Bison dominated and kicked our ass. You can use any term you want. Your defense was outstanding.

Silenoz
December 6th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Destroyed is a very good description

At least Jones had a good game. He got to go out on a (personal) high note. One of the most under-valued Griz, possibly ever.

uni88
December 6th, 2015, 12:28 PM

It's snowing in hell right now. Dawg's hatred for UNI runs deep.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2015, 12:30 PM
It's snowing in hell right now. Dawg's hatred for UNI runs deep.
Dawg's a good guy. Only gave me a little **** because I'm not a bourbon drinker.

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2015, 01:00 PM
On a relatively weird note....here's some rushing stats..

Montana:
John Nguyen had 19 yards on 11 carries
Jeremy Calhoun had 4 yards on 4 carries

NDSU OT Jack Plankers had 10 yards on "0" carries. :D

http://espn.go.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400854530

7 players for NDSU had rushing yards...

Schism55
December 6th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Bison D was cold blooded yesterday. Welcome to the new boss, same as the old boss.

srgrizizen
December 6th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Congrats to the Bison and thanks for all of the very fair posts on this thread. One could make a case for how it could have been closer (Gus horribly inaccurate not entirely caused by the much improved pass defense - the pick sixes were on the QB, not great plays by DBs - and the Griz defense from scrimmage was plenty good, less than 4 ypc except for one Stick run and five punts) but no case can be made for UM having any chance to win the game. We need either an offensive line that gives our QB 10 seconds to throw and/or a QB who can run. Good luck going forward, Bison. I've heard some people say it's hard to beat a team twice in a season.xthumbsupx

uni88
December 6th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Dawg's a good guy. Only gave me a little **** because I'm not a bourbon drinker.
I know he is. I just like to give him a little grief every know and then.

Houndawg
December 6th, 2015, 08:27 PM
I have said multiple times that the Bison dominated and kicked our ass. You can use any term you want. Your defense was outstanding.

I think something like "kicked a mudhole in their azz and stomped it dry" would more accurately describe the event, no?

Green26
December 6th, 2015, 10:14 PM
I think something like "kicked a mudhole in their azz and stomped it dry" would more accurately describe the event, no?

You are welcome to describe like you want. Will get no push back from me.

gsf23nd
December 6th, 2015, 10:57 PM
On a relatively weird note....here's some rushing stats..

Montana:
John Nguyen had 19 yards on 11 carries
Jeremy Calhoun had 4 yards on 4 carries

NDSU OT Jack Plankers had 10 yards on "0" carries. :D

http://espn.go.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400854530

7 players for NDSU had rushing yards...

The stat I liked...the first four TDs for the Bison were scored by freshman. Future looks good.

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2015, 07:30 AM
I liked that and thought the same thing.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2015, 11:11 AM
I am. I made an offhanded comment which naturally got blown out of proportion but I'm not going to be called stupid or a liar without answering it.

You make a lot of off handed comments that always get blown out of proportion. Maybe you ought to shut your ****ing mouth once in a while cuz a lot of **** runs out of it. Just a thought.

To those of you Bison fans that are friends I'd like to say wow man, they really played a hell of a game on defense and just stuffed us in every aspect.

DaBizon
December 7th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Here's the complete game ....incase you missed it

https://youtu.be/zymiREymZT0

Schism55
December 7th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Thx for link! Watching while I kind of work.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Here's the complete game ....incase you missed it

https://youtu.be/zymiREymZT0

Not that I'm gonna love rewatching it or anything but I think it is pretty damn sweet that a lot of these games are getting posted and staying up there for fans to get a look at.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:11 PM
You make a lot of off handed comments that always get blown out of proportion. Maybe you ought to shut your ****ing mouth once in a while cuz a lot of **** runs out of it. Just a thought.

To those of you Bison fans that are friends I'd like to say wow man, they really played a hell of a game on defense and just stuffed us in every aspect.

I was kinda dumbfounded watching the game. You could tell there were certain things the Bison absolutely took away (having CJ Smith back REALLY changes the dynamic of the NDSU secondary...especially when they go Nickel), but we were all waiting for adjustments by the Griz....either their silent count, go down field passing, adjust formations to force NDSU to go off script on D, etc. When they didn't make adjustments, I assumed they would regroup and change it up at halftime. NONE of this happened. It was bizarre...

On the noise front, you could tell Montana wasn't able to go as up tempo as they wanted to. There was a lot of time in between plays that really kept them out of rhythm (outside of their one scoring drive).

ALOT of the below.....

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/06/671d74efaa65813636ecb0cbb6cd157e.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/06/70d966a1919b9a0226d0367d2089f682.jpg

mvemjsunpx
December 7th, 2015, 12:20 PM
I was kinda dumbfounded watching the game. You could tell there were certain things the Bison absolutely took away (having CJ Smith back REALLY changes the dynamic of the NDSU secondary...especially when they go Nickel), but we were all waiting for adjustments by the Griz....either their silent count, go down field passing, adjust formations to force NDSU to go off script on D, etc. When they didn't make adjustments, I assumed they would regroup and change it up at halftime. NONE of this happened. It was bizarre...

Huh? The Griz burned NDSU deep twice on their first drive of the third quarter.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:22 PM

I should have added the (outside of their 1 scoring drive) disclaimer to the quote as well versus just the noise factor. I know they couldn't have gone to that well every time, but those deep balls were not the ones being intercepted....half the time they would draw a PI or allow the Griz playmakers to make a play on the ball.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2015, 12:25 PM

On the noise front, you could tell Montana wasn't able to go as up tempo as they wanted to. There was a lot of time in between plays that really kept them out of rhythm (outside of their one scoring drive).

ALOT of the below.....

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/06/671d74efaa65813636ecb0cbb6cd157e.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/06/70d966a1919b9a0226d0367d2089f682.jpg

Well you laid a lot of things out that were really puzzling to me as well and these are holes in this system that just should not be there.

We ran a similar high octane thing 20 yrs. ago and there was some need to change plays at the line but what mostly happened was that all offensive groups came to the ine, noticed what was happening on D, then all adjusted in their own heads without having to change to another play call.

Every play that was called had an alteration to adjust for a dynamic defense scheme.

I don't know if this is just not in this offense, or if it is what was really causing problems wiht people not reading the same things or what was really going on. No matter what you defense is doing or what your crowd noise is it shouldn't matter that much when things run correct and the groups are on the same page.

But it did make a big difference. The one drive showed what the Griz should be and could be. The rest showed what NDSU is. It is just that simple.

If it gets to the point where the lineman, the QB, the WR's, and RB's all walk up to the line, see the same thing, and implement the version of any particular play that is called. It is unstoppable. That is just a way higher ceiling than we have right now.

But I am not even sure that is part of this offense. It sure should be. We have to play of the road at times.:D

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2015, 12:26 PM

Oh no, they got 2 deep passes in. Whatever will they do? When CJ is in at corner, he is the BEST shutdown corner in the MVFC and possibly the FCS. There is a reason why Montana would not throw it his direction.

Oh and remind us how the Hawks did in the secondary agaisnt the Bison? I'd really love to know since I keep forgetting it. Generally I really do not care what team you represent (unless you are a Redbird fan, except ISUMatt and OSBF) but for some reason you Fighting Hawks fans, are starting to irk me even more. I usually get along with anyone but why is it Hawks fans on this board are all about dismantling NDSU any chance they can.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Well you laid a lot of things out that were really puzzling to me as well and these are holes in this system that just should not be there.

We ran a similar high octane thing 20 yrs. ago and there was some need to change plays at the line but what mostly happened was that all offensive groups came to the ine, noticed what was happening on D, then all adjusted in their own heads without having to change to another play call.

Every play that was called had an alteration to adjust for a dynamic defense scheme.

I don't know if this is just not in this offense, or if it is what was really causing problems wiht people not reading the same things or what was really going on. No matter what you defense is doing or what your crowd noise is it shouldn't matter that much when things run correct and the groups are on the same page.

But it did make a big difference. The one drive showed what the Griz should be and could be. The rest showed what NDSU is. It is just that simple.

If it gets to the point where the lineman, the QB, the WR's, and RB's all walk up to the line, see the same thing, and implement the version of any particular play that is called. It is unstoppable. That is just a way higher ceiling than we have right now.

But I am not even sure that is part of this offense. It sure should be. We have to play of the road at times.:D

Yup....one of the keys is the ability to go fast. That forces NDSU to go fairly vanilla on D and not be able to change scheme. If the Bison are able to make reads/adjustments on D, the Griz O is dead in their tracks. Do you think those two pick 6's by NDSU were the result of NDSU baiting Gustafson on a play? I think the Griz QB was throwing the ball were he thought the receiver was supposed to break (for sure on the CJ Smith interception).

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Oh no, they got 2 deep passes in. Whatever will they do? When CJ is in at corner, he is the BEST shutdown corner in the MVFC and possibly the FCS. There is a reason why Montana would not throw it his direction.

Oh and remind us how the Hawks did in the secondary agaisnt the Bison? I'd really love to know since I keep forgetting it. Generally I really do not care what team you represent (unless you are a Redbird fan, except ISUMatt and OSBF) but for some reason you Fighting Hawks fans, are starting to irk me even more. I usually get along with anyone but why is it Hawks fans on this board are all about dismantling NDSU any chance they can.

He's a Griz fan.....keep the smack out of it. The adults are talking here.... xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2015, 12:33 PM

He's a Montana fan... and you need to slow your roll.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Then who am I thinking who advocates for them. I could have sworn that he was a Hawks fan. My bad. I'll own to being wrong.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Yup....one of the keys is the ability to go fast. That forces NDSU to go fairly vanilla on D and not be able to change scheme. If the Bison are able to make reads/adjustments on D, the Griz O is dead in their tracks. Do you think those two pick 6's by NDSU were the result of NDSU baiting Gustafson on a play? I think the Griz QB was throwing the ball were he thought the receiver was supposed to break (for sure on the CJ Smith interception).

Yes, it makes him look like an asshole when it happens but Dickenson used to be able basically not even look at times and just throw and the receiver was there. We ain't even close to that.

AmsterBison
December 7th, 2015, 12:42 PM

OK, that made me laugh because it applies so well to me too.

Anyway, I thought Montana's defense did an excellent job. Not only were they incredible on third down, but they held NDSU to a season low in total yardage. And, of course, the offense has all sorts of potential.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2015, 12:43 PM
BTW, I think I had mentioned early on that Brady does also have a tendency to throw at the feet or overthrow and if he gets in that sort of trouble..he doesn't come out of it easily or fully in a game it seems.

jacksfan29
December 7th, 2015, 12:45 PM

Kicked our ass? Now that's funny. One quarter of **** FB doomed us against an average FB team. But hey, enjoy your off season. We are. Like all Summit schools, we spend much of our non-conference BB season burying the Big Fluffy.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2015, 12:50 PM
BTW, I think I had mentioned early on that Brady does also have a tendency to throw at the feet or overthrow and if he gets in that sort of trouble..he doesn't come out of it easily or fully in a game it seems.

Those would have been better then his passes to our DB's. xlolx

I do think our defense set up a lot of those bad throws/wrong reads by both the QB & WR's. The DB's were baiting and switching at the last second just about every snap.

Southern Bison
December 7th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Not that I'm gonna love rewatching it or anything but I think it is pretty damn sweet that a lot of these games are getting posted and staying up there for fans to get a look at.
How does creating a Game Archive Section in AGS sound?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2015, 01:10 PM
How does creating a Game Archive Section in AGS sound?

It does sound good. Maybe something to do for the offseason.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 01:14 PM
It does sound good. Maybe something to do for the offseason.xthumbsupx

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2776228/well-we-re-waiting-o.gif

(Sorry....that was on a tee and I had to hit it. xlolx )

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2015, 01:29 PM

Oh, am I done for the year too? ****ing awesome.

It's a relief to not have to worry about my weekly tasks now so thanks BF02 and I mean that BF in the worst possible way it can be taken.xcoolx

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Oh, am I done for the year too? ****ing awesome.

It's a relief to not have to worry about my weekly tasks now so thanks BF02 and I mean that BF in the worst possible way it can be taken.xcoolx

do ya? :D

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2015, 01:35 PM
yes

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 01:37 PM
yes

:(

Southern Bison
December 7th, 2015, 01:54 PM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/14774283.jpg

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Ursus paid up.

Not that I wasn't ever expecting him not too.

Just for all those other lame people that don't.

xthumbsupx

Cleets
December 7th, 2015, 02:43 PM
This has been an entertaining thread...
NDSU exposed every single Montana weakness and exploited them all uniformly on the field - and to that goes a "Well Done Sir"

The Playoffs get interesting here now for the next few weeks - I'm all in on this thing...

mvemjsunpx
December 7th, 2015, 07:51 PM

Aside from the misdirected UND stuff (my team is listed below my name xthumbsupx), did you even read what I was replying to? xeyebrowx

He was arguing that the Griz didn't make any halftime adjustments to throw it deep or anything, and I pointed out the Griz completed two over-the-top passes on the first drive of the third quarter (the scoring drive).

mvemjsunpx
December 7th, 2015, 08:02 PM

I'm pretty sure what you're arguing is actually the basis of this offense. Most of it (especially the run calls) seems to be based on how many defenders are in the box, what coverage the defense is showing, etc. It requires to QB to read quite a bit, from the looks of it, so it can be a disaster if the QB is reading things wrong. I believe it also works like the run & shoot in that it relies on a lot of option routes & decision making by the WRs. Most of Gustafson's picks this year were miscommunications of some kind, so hopefully another full offseason of practices can rectify a lot of these issues.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2015, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty sure what you're arguing is actually the basis of this offense. Most of it (especially the run calls) seems to be based on how many defenders are in the box, what coverage the defense is showing, etc. It requires to QB to read quite a bit, from the looks of it, so it can be a disaster if the QB is reading things wrong. I believe it also works like the run & shoot in that it relies on a lot of option routes & decision making by the WRs. Most of Gustafson's picks this year were miscommunications of some kind, so hopefully another full offseason of practices can rectify a lot of these issues.
This is where I really think Stitts offense is going to struggle at higher levels. When he get's in games where the crowd becomes a huge factor and the opposing defense can switch looks at the last second it's going to be very difficult for your QB and WR's to be on the same page every time. When the QB is reading something and the WR is reading something else and then the defense does something completely different your screwed. Add in the fact that our front four were getting off the snap very quickly and putting pressure on Brady every time. Stitt will have to figure out a better way to signal the snap then what you guys did Saturday.

centennial
December 7th, 2015, 08:25 PM
This is where I really think Stitts offense is going to struggle at higher levels. When he get's in games where the crowd becomes a huge factor and the opposing defense can switch looks at the last second it's going to be very difficult for your QB and WR's to be on the same page every time. When the QB is reading something and the WR is reading something else and then the defense does something completely different your screwed. Add in the fact that our front four were getting off the snap very quickly and putting pressure on Brady every time. Stitt will have to figure out a better way to signal the snap then what you guys did Saturday.
Like I said on this thread before. Stitt is bad at changing game plans, almost to the point of being stubborn. Adjustments are poor. When he is out planned, he doesn't adjust fast enough. I know I give NDSU coaches lot of **** for the same, but Stitt now has to deal with more talented coaches, and better schemes. Add to that Brady is a pocket passer, and doesn't roll out or run well. IMO Stitt will need more variety on offense. If the offense doesn't evolve it become gimmicky, and now that teams have film on him, he will have to do better. Montana needs a good dual threat QB to be a NC contender.

mvemjsunpx
December 7th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Like I said on this thread before. Stitt is bad at changing game plans, almost to the point of being stubborn. Adjustments are poor. When he is out planned, he doesn't adjust fast enough. I know I give NDSU coaches lot of **** for the same, but Stitt now has to deal with more talented coaches, and better schemes. Add to that Brady is a pocket passer, and doesn't roll out or run well. IMO Stitt will need more variety on offense. If the offense doesn't evolve it become gimmicky, and now that teams have film on him, he will have to do better. Montana needs a good dual threat QB to be a NC contender.

They've only been running the offense for a year with a first-year starting QB that's been out for half of it. I'm sure there's a lot more complexity to come.

A bigger key will be more consistent run blocking so they can regularly make defenses pay for not putting enough guys in the box. Fortunately, only one Griz O-linemen graduates this offseason.

Bisonoline
December 7th, 2015, 09:33 PM
I sure hope we can get a regular series going with you guys. Great fans and great football is what it is all about.

BisonTru
December 7th, 2015, 09:35 PM

As far as the snap count, when it gets loud enough there is almost nothing else you can do but go silent count. It gives away the O line's edge with knowing the verbal count, but you have to almost just concede that and move on.

As far as WOs and QB communication, my understanding of Stitt's offense is that the WOs run their given routes regardless of what play is checked into. Some of them are running zone routes and others are running man routes. It's up to the QB to decipher which defense they are in and throw to the correct routes. Disguised coverages and noise can cause mistakes like we saw on Saturday.

Bisonoline
December 7th, 2015, 09:43 PM
As far as the snap count, when it gets loud enough there is almost nothing else you can do but go silent count. It gives away the O line's edge with knowing the verbal count, but you have to almost just concede that and move on.

As far as WOs and QB communication, my understanding of Stitt's offense is that the WOs run their given routes regardless of what play is checked into. Some of them are running zone routes and others are running man routes. It's up to the QB to decipher which defense they are in and throw to the correct routes. Disguised coverages and noise can cause mistakes like we saw on Saturday.

That makes sense and answers my questions of why he was throwing the ball to where he was throwing. But I think a lot of it also had to do with the fact he didnt respond well to pressure.

centennial
December 7th, 2015, 09:49 PM
They've only been running the offense for a year with a first-year starting QB that's been out for half of it. I'm sure there's a lot more complexity to come.

A bigger key will be more consistent run blocking so they can regularly make defenses pay for not putting enough guys in the box. Fortunately, only one Griz O-linemen graduates this offseason.
Watch the videos Stitt has from the school of mines.

I look at this as a disadvantage even with a seasoned QB. I stand on the side of support the play vs create confusion, and hope for the best.

mvemjsunpx
December 7th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Watch the videos Stitt has from the school of mines.

I have. What's your point? xeyebrowx

centennial
December 7th, 2015, 10:23 PM
I have. What's your point? xeyebrowx
What's Stitt's offense trying to do?
BTW I think you could win a NC with it. Just not in it's current form(maybe there is some hidden complexity that will come forth next year, I don't see it).

mvemjsunpx
December 7th, 2015, 10:51 PM
What's Stitt's offense trying to do?
BTW I think you could win a NC with it. Just not in it's current form(maybe there is some hidden complexity that will come forth next year, I don't see it).

I still don't know what you're getting at. xconfusedx

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Aside from the misdirected UND stuff (my team is listed below my name xthumbsupx), did you even read what I was replying to? xeyebrowx

He was arguing that the Griz didn't make any halftime adjustments to throw it deep or anything, and I pointed out the Griz completed two over-the-top passes on the first drive of the third quarter (the scoring drive).

I did read it, and I owned up to not seeing the team support. Using the mobile version is no excuse but it didn't indicate it but I still will own up for being wrong.

The problem that I have is 2 plays is not changing a gameplan. That's trying to hit 2 home runs in back to back swings. Now if they would have stuck to it or continued to try and give Gustafson more time, and better reads, then yes that is changing, but I do not see how 2 throws are anything but trying to get lucky and catch the Bison D off guard.

mvemjsunpx
December 8th, 2015, 12:13 AM
I did read it, and I owned up to not seeing the team support. Using the mobile version is no excuse but it didn't indicate it but I still will own up for being wrong. It's cool. No problem. xthumbsupx
The problem that I have is 2 plays is not changing a gameplan. That's trying to hit 2 home runs in back to back swings. Now if they would have stuck to it or continued to try and give Gustafson more time, and better reads, then yes that is changing, but I do not see how 2 throws are anything but trying to get lucky and catch the Bison D off guard. He claimed the griz didn't make any halftime adjustments & used not throwing deep as an example even though the Griz did throw deep multiple times in the third quarter. That was my point. It's obviously not something super clever or anything, but it did work for a drive-and-a-half. Stitt's comments to the sideline reporter coming out of halftime implied they mainly needed to adjust getting Gustafson on the same page as what the coaches were seeing more than anything else.

centennial
December 8th, 2015, 01:00 AM
I still don't know what you're getting at. xconfusedx
I was getting at the fact that most of these offenses aren't meant to be very complicated. They work on going fast(so the opponent has to run it's base D), and they work on reads that the QB and the O coordinator is making. Like alluded to in this thread, a lot of plays are from similar formations, then the QB makes the read. Once good defensive teams see this offense, it becomes easier to stop(SDSU 2nd half, NDSU game).

To my point now, Stitt made poor adjustments, and didn't try much new. I think some new formations will come, you may even get athletes better suited but he will need to expand his system or at least open the playbook. I don't think it is bad system at all, for now I am not impressed with Stitt.

AshevilleApp2
December 8th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Only 47 more posts needed y'all! Get crackin!

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Only 47 more posts needed y'all! Get crackin!

Post whores unite! xlolx

Grizalltheway
December 8th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Aaaand...Brady just threw another pick 6.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Aaaand...Brady just threw another pick 6.

Manning drops back....he's flushed out of the pocket...looking down field annnnnnnnnnd GUSTAFSON! Revis Island with another GUS! xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 8th, 2015, 01:01 PM
NO, YOU THREW A PICK 6!

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Another interesting stat....Montana rushed for 1 yard short of a Santiago...or 1.5 Zenners. :D

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Brady threw Zenner Gustafsons last Saturday.

AshevilleApp2
December 8th, 2015, 01:49 PM
39. xeyebrowx

Grizzlies82
December 8th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Helping the cause to move this to 50. All those debating earlier about how to describe the game might consider this one...

Montana got screwed!

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2015, 03:07 PM
My god man everytime you post I want to throw up and it has nothing to do with what you typed. That avatar makes me want to heave

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2015, 03:50 PM
My god man everytime you post I want to throw up and it has nothing to do with what you typed. That avatar makes me want to heave

Rep has been earned

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Now that it's off season in Montana, how's the moose-knuckle hunting starting?

dewey
December 10th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Brady threw Zenner Gustafsons last Saturday.

LOL! Good work again PC.

Dewey

centennial
December 10th, 2015, 01:15 PM

Lol

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2015, 02:47 PM

I'm sure the Bison coaches are concerned and considering your input Centi

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Top 10 reasons why Northern Iowa will beat the Bison....
N Iowa players will not be intimadated by the Trump supporting looking crowd

there skill players don't really have that much

Wentz is out

#49 is to small and Bailey will run over him

Due to the plunge in the price of oil, they slush fund for paying the refs is as dry as a Bakken oil field

Fargo is bored by the same old win win and fans are looking for an excuse to drink more this winter

N Iowa will feel at home at a football field with a Silo attached to it and the noise will not be an issue

Bailey will be the best player in the drafty barn

City of Fargo planners need to run a mass causality drill ....18,000 people taken to hospital for shock

FCS Community is sick and tired of the Bison domination and want to see this Big 10 Bully go pick on somebody else

Grizalltheway
December 10th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Now that it's off season in Montana, how's the moose-knuckle hunting starting?

Depends on when your sister shows up.xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
December 10th, 2015, 03:24 PM

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 03:24 PM

xeyebrowx

AshevilleApp2
December 10th, 2015, 03:35 PM
xeyebrowx

27 xeyebrowx

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 03:42 PM
27 xeyebrowx

x406x

AshevilleApp2
December 10th, 2015, 03:52 PM
You're getting there!

dewey
December 10th, 2015, 03:54 PM
You're getting there!

That's what she said:D

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2015, 03:55 PM
You're getting there!

https://media.giphy.com/media/12UlfHpF05ielO/giphy.gif

UNIFanSince1983
December 10th, 2015, 04:24 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Wilt_Chamberlain_100-point.jpg

It is within reach boys and girls!

Prime Power
December 10th, 2015, 09:05 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Wilt_Chamberlain_100-point.jpg

It is within reach boys and girls!

About 19,000 short.....

X-Factor
December 10th, 2015, 09:19 PM
So one thing I don't necessarily like this time of year is how quiet it gets around here. Teams go home and their fans pack it in. It was a fun week with all the Griz but now they are off hibernating.

dewey
December 10th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Looks like Gustafson just threw another pick 6.

Dewey

Bison56
December 11th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Still waiting for Montana to throw for 400+ yards.

UNIFanSince1983
December 11th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Oh my goodness! So close! If I have to I will keep posting to get this to 100.

Bison56
December 11th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Anymore players get cut from Montana today?

deez_na
December 11th, 2015, 09:36 AM
xlolx

BisonBacker
December 11th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Doing my part to help the cause.

deez_na
December 11th, 2015, 09:45 AM
So who are all the Montana fans cheering for this weekend?

AmsterBison
December 11th, 2015, 09:49 AM

Well, if the shoe was on the other foot, who would Bison fans be cheering for?

I'd probably just want to watch some good football games.

UNIFanSince1983
December 11th, 2015, 09:51 AM

A Big Sky team probably ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is! Next one is the one!

Grizalltheway
December 11th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Well, if the shoe was on the other foot, who would Bison fans be cheering for?

I'd probably just want to watch some good football games.

It's not like you guys can even relate to that at the FCS level. xlolx

Bison56
December 11th, 2015, 10:32 AM
It's not like you guys can even relate to that at the FCS level. xlolx

Is that sarcasm?

Oh Oh did I win?????? xhurrayxxhypedxxawesomex

AshevilleApp2
December 11th, 2015, 10:37 AM

Grizalltheway
December 11th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Is that sarcasm?

Oh Oh did I win?????? xhurrayxxhypedxxawesomex

Well you've lost what, one FCS playoff game?

Bison56
December 11th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Well you've lost what, one FCS playoff game?

True.

I have a question for you. What are your thoughts on the player cuts at Montana?

Grizalltheway
December 11th, 2015, 11:14 AM
True.

I have a question for you. What are your thoughts on the player cuts at Montana?

Obviously unfortunate for the ones who were cut, but when you have such a radical change in coaching philosophy and offensive scheme, not to mention the on-going scholarship reductions, I think it's kind of inevitable.

deez_na
December 11th, 2015, 11:15 AM
A Big Sky team probably ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is! Next one is the one!

haha

AshevilleApp2
December 11th, 2015, 11:20 AM

centennial
December 11th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Obviously unfortunate for the ones who were cut, but when you have such a radical change in coaching philosophy and offensive scheme, not to mention the on-going scholarship reductions, I think it's kind of inevitable.
I really dislike the philosophy of mass cuts. A player or two with bad attitude I can maybe understand. The NCAA should allow such players to transfer without sitting. Seems like Stitt took this loss hard. Not the players fault he got completely outclassed and out coached.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2015, 11:35 AM
So who's going to get this thread to 1000?

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2015, 11:36 AM
This guy!