PDA

View Full Version : Montana at NDSU: The Rematch at the Dome! & GDT

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Peems
December 1st, 2015, 07:12 PM
Zimmer also stated he thought the Jacks were a better team, and was just being a plain ol' homer! (nothing wrong with that BTW)

Green26
December 1st, 2015, 07:17 PM
The above is correct, plus we decided to forget about our woes and actually play. We slept through the first half feeling sorry for ourselves.

On the Argus Leader live chat today, Matt Zimmer who covers SDSU stated he wasn't overly impressed with Montana. Didn't sound as if he thought NDSU would have much trouble on Saturday. My guess, NDSU 31 - UM 17.

If Matt Zimmer said that, he must be an idiot, and incredibly unknowledgeable about the game football. Montana's scoring drives were long and almost spectacular. Montana's receiver's caught everything. Montana didn't have any turnovers. Montana's kicker made his kicks. When Montana needed to kill the clock at the end of the game, Montana marched down the field and ran all over SDS. Montana's defense was pretty good the whole game. I will agree that Montana's offense was very bad the first 5 drives of the second half. While I thought SDS was a good team, perhaps Zimmer was meaning to say that he wasn't very impressed with SDS. If Stitt hadn't taken his foot off the gas too soon, which he admitted he did, the score would have been 40-14.

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2015, 07:37 PM
Wasn't he the one who got butthurt about Stitt's media policy?

Jackal
December 1st, 2015, 08:44 PM
If Matt Zimmer said that, he must be an idiot, and incredibly unknowledgeable about the game football. Montana's scoring drives were long and almost spectacular. Montana's receiver's caught everything. Montana didn't have any turnovers. Montana's kicker made his kicks. When Montana needed to kill the clock at the end of the game, Montana marched down the field and ran all over SDS. Montana's defense was pretty good the whole game. I will agree that Montana's offense was very bad the first 5 drives of the second half. While I thought SDS was a good team, perhaps Zimmer was meaning to say that he wasn't very impressed with SDS. If Stitt hadn't taken his foot off the gas too soon, which he admitted he did, the score would have been 40-14.
So those 5 bad drives by Montana were self-inflicted but nothing SDSU did right?

Cleets
December 1st, 2015, 09:14 PM
They didn't do this in the first half or do it much but did in the 2nd half. Blitzed the A gap.

Yup ^ I've noticed that has worked against the Griz
When Gustaf properly reads the blitz and calls out a hot receiver (which is less than half the time) things are okay for the Griz
but Brady has shown that he has trouble figuring out who's coming and setting up a hot read

But like most good quarterbacks - when he has time he is deadly with the long ball - absolutely lethal

Green26
December 2nd, 2015, 12:21 AM
What's the A gap? What was coming thru the A gap?

Green26
December 2nd, 2015, 12:23 AM

Yes, part of the problem, according to the coach, was the conservative play-calling, as well as a few bad throws by the QB. Do you have facts to the contrary? If so, please state them, and state them with specificity.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2015, 12:25 AM
Yes, part of the problem, according to the coach, was the conservative play-calling, as well as a few bad throws by the QB. Do you have facts to the contrary? If so, please state them, and state them with specificity.

I think you are quoting the wrong dude.

Green26
December 2nd, 2015, 12:45 AM

You are correct.

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2015, 07:53 AM

Shut up he's on a roll!xlolx

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2015, 08:28 AM
What's the A gap? What was coming thru the A gap?

"Gaps" are the space between center, guard, tackle, TE and WR also on the line of scrimmage and they have to deal with what a defense is looking at the offense.

A gap is between your Center and both guards.

WR D-GAP TE C-GAP Tackle B-GAP Guard A-GAP CENTER A-GAP Guard B-GAP Tackle C-GAP TE D-GAP WR

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2015, 08:46 AM

Sorry, sir, it won't happen again, sir.

GetEmGriz
December 2nd, 2015, 10:00 AM
So those 5 bad drives by Montana were self-inflicted but nothing SDSU did right?

It was a combination of both but if Stitt would have kept the aggressive play calling going, Montana would still have scored points in the 2nd half.

jacksfan29
December 2nd, 2015, 10:32 AM
Really? Stitt's comments made him look like he still belonged in D2. Check the play count in the second half. That isn't taking your "foot off the gas", that's getting your ass handed to you by a more physical defense. The type of defense you don't face in the BSC.

Good luck to Montana, you played a great 1st half. We spent the 1st half asleep at the wheel. You may make it a game this weekend, I don't see it. After watching the Bison play several times this year, and watching Montana. This game may be over by half. This is not week 1 NDSU.

It was a combination of both but if Stitt would have kept the aggressive play calling going, Montana would still have scored points in the 2nd half.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2015, 10:44 AM
Really? Stitt's comments made him look like he still belonged in D2. Check the play count in the second half. That isn't taking your "foot off the gas", that's getting your ass handed to you by a more physical defense. The type of defense you don't face in the BSC.

Good luck to Montana, you played a great 1st half. We spent the 1st half asleep at the wheel. You may make it a game this weekend, I don't see it. After watching the Bison play several times this year, and watching Montana. This game may be over by half. This is not week 1 NDSU.

If SDSU can't get up for the first half of a playoff game, maybe THEY still belong in DII.xrolleyesx

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Is it gameday yet? It has been a long rough week and I look forward to lifting a beer or two with my fellow fans.

Silenoz
December 2nd, 2015, 11:02 AM

Whatever makes you feel better

And at least we do have that NDSU win. God knows that's something SDSU is incapable of

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2015, 11:28 AM

You are coming off real bad with comments like that. You got boatraced in the first half and had no answers. You don't think complacency set in for Montana? It was 24-0.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2015, 11:54 AM

Both teams only played one half apparently but we still had the better half it appears. The SDSU defense was simply not more physical than their equivalent match in the BSC. I know you MVFC guys really like to suck on your own richards about how tough you are on the field but it just wasn't there.

You are not, and have not been NDSU which all of you like to pretend you are just because they are in your conference. When/if you ever become them then I'll listen to all your talk about physical play but until then I ain't gonna pretend you are the Champ when you are simply a punching bag they worked out on...in that regard, yes, you probably took a good beating but it did not make you more physical.

If you are so physical why did we run your ass into the ground for the last 5 minutes?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 2nd, 2015, 11:59 AM
Speaking of beatings........................................

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2015, 12:04 PM
C'mon now Ursus...

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ff/ffa1e089b8328988dde39800fc003bca6a6d488d32e64900b2 f7791d70b967e4.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2015, 12:06 PM
Both teams only played one half apparently but we still had the better half it appears. The SDSU defense was simply not more physical than their equivalent match in the BSC. I know you MVFC guys really like to suck on your own richards about how tough you are on the field but it just wasn't there.

You are not, and have not been NDSU which all of you like to pretend you are just because they are in your conference. When/if you ever become them then I'll listen to all your talk about physical play but until then I ain't gonna pretend you are the Champ when you are simply a punching bag they worked out on...in that regard, yes, you probably took a good beating but it did not make you more physical.

If you are so physical why did we run your ass into the ground for the last 5 minutes?

http://i.imgur.com/OQ4QeVl.gif?noredirect

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2015, 12:21 PM

I knew you were a Bison fan ursus.......I just KNEW it!........no? :D

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2015, 12:26 PM
I knew you were a Bison fan ursus.......I just KNEW it!........no? :D

Actually, I do like them. I also like the Rabbits. Some of their fans and so forth though...can be a bit much is a nice way to put it I guess.

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2015, 12:28 PM
Actually, I do like them. I also like the Rabbits. Some of their fans and so forth though...can be a bit much is a nice way to put it I guess.

I know those feels bro...I made the mistake of reading egriz for about 5 minutes too many this morning.... xlolx

Jackal
December 2nd, 2015, 12:30 PM
Zimmer also stated he thought the Jacks were a better team, and was just being a plain ol' homer! (nothing wrong with that BTW)
I don't recall him saying that, just said he wasn't that impressed with the Griz team.

Jackal
December 2nd, 2015, 12:32 PM
Don't recall him getting butthurt. He just thought it was silly. This isn't the NFL.

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2015, 12:39 PM
I suppose we can say the Griz only won in August because our play calling sucked too.xcoffeex

dewey
December 2nd, 2015, 12:56 PM
I suppose we can say the Griz only won in August because our play calling sucked too.xcoffeex

I think Montana won the first game because their coach used the opening point spread as bulletin board material for his team:D

Dewey

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2015, 12:59 PM
I think Montana won the first game because their coach used the opening point spread as bulletin board material for his team:D

Dewey
Oh yeah that's it.xlolx

FCSwatcher
December 2nd, 2015, 01:09 PM

Having watched both teams numerous times I have to agree, even though I want the Griz to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drblankstare
December 2nd, 2015, 01:10 PM
2 words. High Plains Speed

steelbison
December 2nd, 2015, 01:18 PM

Ursus, some very valid points. SDSU likes to think they are on the same level as us but as you put it they are not.

Just go watch the SDSU/NDSU game. We beat the living **** out of their QB.

One thing you will notice from our first match up with Montana will be the speed and physicality our defense plays with. We were thinking too much in the first match up and not reacting. That won't be the case this time. What you also didn't see the first time but you will saturday is an offensive line that is healthy/rolling and going to run the ball down your throats. Didn't have that earlier in the year. On top of that our QB is very quick and very elusive.

Going to be a great game. I know your team will be different as well. The game will come down to if you can stop our running game.

If you can limit it you have a chance. If you can't it will be a LONG day in the dome...

No_Skill
December 2nd, 2015, 01:18 PM
I know those feels bro...I made the mistake of reading egriz for about 5 minutes too many this morning.... xlolx

You read egriz for 5 minutes this morning?

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2015, 01:19 PM
You read egriz for 5 minutes this morning?

Unfortunately... xlolx

Grizzlies82
December 2nd, 2015, 01:27 PM
2 words. High Plains Speed

3 word rebuttal.
Grizzlies Good!

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2015, 01:29 PM
Sounds like it'll be a Patriot League officiating crew, for whatever that's worth.

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2015, 01:31 PM
Sounds like it'll be a Patriot League officiating crew, for whatever that's worth.

No matter how they do, it will be a welcome change from the Big Sky crews. This year was bad again in the BS.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2015, 01:33 PM
No matter how they do, it will be a welcome change from the Big Sky crews. This year was bad again in the BS.
Looks like the Big Sky "All-Star" crew will be in Normal for WIU/ISUr this week.

DISCLAIMER: This is unofficial since I'm getting it from another message board thread here (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=12352.msg123815#msg123815).

Interestingly enough the most controversially officiated game by my estimation last week, SUU and SHSU, was apparently refereed by a MVFC crew.

Silenoz
December 2nd, 2015, 01:44 PM
Who reffed our game last week? Because that extra 3rd down SDSU got is yet again proof that the absolute worst calls made in that stadium are always made against us

veinup
December 2nd, 2015, 01:45 PM

they just couldn't stop the Asian Sensation, the Vietnamese Pitbull that is johnny nguyen. he disappears out there at 5'3"

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2015, 01:52 PM
Who reffed our game last week? Because that extra 3rd down SDSU got is yet again proof that the absolute worst calls made in that stadium are always made against us
If the refstripes.com thread that I found is accurate that was a Big South crew.

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2015, 01:58 PM

Trivia: The worst non-call ever in Washington Grizzly history came vs. UND this year. What was it?

CrunchGriz
December 2nd, 2015, 02:07 PM
Trivia: The worst non-call ever in Washington Grizzly history came vs. UND this year. What was it?

I believe you're referring to Justin Whitted nearly decapitating John Santiago with a facemask that everyone in the stadium saw except the line judge.

It's far from the most egregious in the history of WGS, but it was pretty bad, admittedly.

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2015, 02:09 PM
I believe you're referring to Justin Whitted nearly decapitating John Santiago with a facemask that everyone in the stadium saw except the line judge.

It's far from the most egregious in the history of WGS, but it was pretty bad, admittedly.

Is that why the lost? :D

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2015, 02:13 PM

DING DING! You could hear the crowd go "ooohhhh" after it happened and.......nothing.

That played a major part in UND's 42-16 loss that day. xdrunkyx

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2015, 02:16 PM
Ursus, some very valid points. SDSU likes to think they are on the same level as us but as you put it they are not.

Just go watch the SDSU/NDSU game. We beat the living **** out of their QB.

One thing you will notice from our first match up with Montana will be the speed and physicality our defense plays with. We were thinking too much in the first match up and not reacting. That won't be the case this time. What you also didn't see the first time but you will saturday is an offensive line that is healthy/rolling and going to run the ball down your throats. Didn't have that earlier in the year. On top of that our QB is very quick and very elusive.

Going to be a great game. I know your team will be different as well. The game will come down to if you can stop our running game.

If you can limit it you have a chance. If you can't it will be a LONG day in the dome...

At the same time, if the Bison can't shut down the Griz receivers early, they could find themselves in same boat as the Jacks, and trying to pass your way back into the game against a solid secondary and very good pass rush isn't going to be easy.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2015, 02:16 PM
DING DING! You could hear the crowd go "ooohhhh" after it happened and.......nothing.

That played a major part in UND's 42-16 loss that day. xdrunkyx

xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2015, 02:22 PM
What would happen if Montana ever played Youngstown State? Would the officials' heads explode because they wouldn't know which team they wanted to screw over???

Grizzlies82
December 2nd, 2015, 02:29 PM

Well at 45 to 10, or whatever the score was, they should have "called" the game before kickoff.

Might have saved Santiago a sore neck too.

deez_na
December 2nd, 2015, 02:30 PM
Wow. Some of you are not thinking straight. I will take Gus in a dome with talent at receivers 10x the talent of your receivers. And we have the better defense. Why so confident bisooooon nation?

Did you just say Montana has the better defense? Shouldn't be smoking so much.

BisonTru
December 2nd, 2015, 02:37 PM
What would happen if Montana ever played Youngstown State? Would the officials' heads explode because they wouldn't know which team they wanted to screw over???

Wouldn't that come down to whatever side NDSU wants to win?

#furpleinvestigater

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2015, 02:39 PM
Did you just say Montana has the better defense? Shouldn't be smoking so much.

In the first game, our D gave up 35 points, yours gave up 38.

Checkmate, atheists.

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2015, 03:08 PM
Our boys looked slow and were wore down that first game because they were wearing their 4 natty rings. Our coaches have since banned those on game day so we're good.:D

deez_na
December 2nd, 2015, 03:21 PM
In the first game, our D gave up 35 points, yours gave up 38.

Checkmate, atheists.
Nice sample size. 1 game versus the entire season.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2015, 03:43 PM
Nice sample size. 1 game versus the entire season.

Nice job on having a sense of humor as well there. Holy ****.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 2nd, 2015, 03:55 PM
We don't know because we were too busy winning.........

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Silenoz
December 2nd, 2015, 04:08 PM
Trivia: The worst call ever in Washington Grizzly history came vs. UND this year. What was it?

I'm confused because you mis-typed NAU as UND, and this year with 2010 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?77447-Big-Sky-Suspends-Game-Official)

deez_na
December 2nd, 2015, 04:13 PM
Nice job on having a sense of humor as well there. Holy ****.

Sorry I was laughing while I typed that. That was good.

AshevilleApp2
December 2nd, 2015, 04:49 PM
We don't know because we were too busy winning.........

Alphie's back on the grid!

uofmman1122
December 2nd, 2015, 05:37 PM
I'm confused because you mis-typed NAU as UND, and this year with 2010 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?77447-Big-Sky-Suspends-Game-Official)
I thought of the same thing.

That's still the worst call I've ever seen in a football game at any level.

SeattleGriz
December 2nd, 2015, 06:42 PM
Our boys looked slow and were wore down that first game because they were wearing their 4 natty rings. Our coaches have since banned those on game day so we're good.:D
Don't forget the smoke. The Griz players had adapted at that point and carried a cardiorespiratory advantage.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2015, 07:06 PM
Don't forget the smoke. The Griz players had adapted at that point and carried a cardiorespiratory advantage.

I've heard about that. Smokers in particular have highly developed lungs because of they strain in training and so forth. This is all the proof I need cuz it's a video on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfbAFgD2mLo

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2015, 08:16 PM
I don't think that was smoke, it was "hippy smog". Especially with that hippy music festival that was downtown that weekend, the concentration of hippies in Missoula was off the charts compared to Fargo. This threw the entire Bison team off kilter. Without any hippy smog to contend with in Fargo this weekend the Bison will be much more in their own element and their play will reflect that.

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2015, 08:23 PM
I've heard about that. Smokers in particular have highly developed lungs because of they strain in training and so forth. This is all the proof I need cuz it's a video on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfbAFgD2mLo

Speaking of smoke....one of the highlights of my trip this summer was rolling through Wolf Point, MT, cigar smoke rolling out of my windows with the below tune on full blast....the locals weren't really sure what to think with the grin/smile on my face. xlolx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhqyZeUlE8U

veinup
December 2nd, 2015, 09:09 PM
I was just reading some article about how Wolf Point is the most dangerous town in montana, statistically speaking .. i'm glad you made it through safe

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 3rd, 2015, 09:38 AM
Which begs the question will the cold clean air in Fargo be a disadvantage to the Griz?

Maybe if there were not so many blowhards over that way, some atmospheric dirt and pollution could hang around in the air log enough to make everyone else feel comfortable....inconsiderate bastards.

Fargoians might have everyone else buffaloed but not me.

Benne
December 3rd, 2015, 09:39 AM
It beat out Poplar?

Sent from my HTC One_E8 using Tapatalk

BisonTru
December 3rd, 2015, 09:46 AM
Which begs the question will the cold clean air in Fargo be a disadvantage to the Griz?

Maybe if there were not so many blowhards over that way, some atmospheric dirt and pollution could hang around in the air log enough to make everyone else feel comfortable....inconsiderate bastards.

With the way that Stitt offense likes to stay on the field and give your D a chance to re group, I have a feeling there will be plenty of smoke in the dome.

You guys should start feeling at home in the third.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 3rd, 2015, 09:49 AM
It beat out Poplar?

Sent from my HTC One_E8 using Tapatalk

Yes and the decision wasnt very popular.............

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2015, 09:52 AM
With the way that Stitt offense likes to stay on the field and give your D a chance to re group, I have a feeling there will be plenty of smoke in the dome.

You guys should start feeling at home in the third.

Why stay on the field if it only takes a few plays to score? The best thing this offense can do for the defense is to hand them a big lead early.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2015, 09:55 AM
Why stay on the field if it only takes a few plays to score? The best thing this offense can do for the defense is to hand them a big lead early.

Wow, how come nobody ever thought of that?

Grizzlies82
December 3rd, 2015, 09:58 AM

It's because you're in the Missouri Valley Conference where nobody has an offense.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 10:00 AM

It also won't be very cold in the Fargodome... or loud if you ask some Griz fans.

Advantage Bison!

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2015, 10:10 AM

I'm talking about this Griz team specifically. The strengths of the defense are the pass rush and secondary, so they're most effective when teams find themselves down and are forced to pass more.

Silenoz
December 3rd, 2015, 11:26 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36308-Storming-the-field/page2

Wow. A rare loss for a 4 time national champion (and rare big win for our program anymore), our team storms the field (along with like 20 fans), and instead of being flattered Bison Nation is still taking exception to it?

I'd think you'd take it as a compliment, but whatever

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 11:36 AM
You'd have to be a ****ing really hurting moron to pretend that what happened after that game was storming the field.

I'm sure it's like other things where they all get to talk each other into it be something it isn't though.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 11:41 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36308-Storming-the-field/page2

Wow. A rare loss for a 4 time national champion (and rare big win for our program anymore), our team storms the field (along with like 20 fans), and instead of being flattered Bison Nation is still taking exception to it?

I'd think you'd take it as a compliment, but whatever
You'll find plenty of false bravado and lack of perspective on Bisonville, it's a homer board just like most team boards out there. Shall we see what some of the gems are that "Griz Nation" is posting on eGriz?

IBleedYellow
December 3rd, 2015, 11:45 AM
You'll find plenty of false bravado and lack of perspective on Bisonville, it's a homer board just like most team boards out there. Shall we see what some of the gems are that "Griz Nation" is posting on eGriz?

If a program's home board isn't full of homerism, they clearly aren't doing something right. Haha.

Some are crazier than others, but for the most part all home boards are the exact same - homerism everywhere.

That's why I like AGS so much. Talk to everyone else who is a huge homer for their own team, but attempts to act less of it in presence of others schools fans.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 11:47 AM

That's true, I honestly can't go there because of what you said. I thought you or someone else sort of normal said something like that at the beginning of the thread though. I didn't get what it meant and just rolled by it but now it's making sense. I know I saw it here though as well.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 11:54 AM
That's true, I honestly can't go there because of what you said. I thought you or someone else sort of normal said something like that at the beginning of the thread though. I didn't get what it meant and just rolled by it but now it's making sense. I know I saw it here though as well.
I do take a weird sense of pride in the fact that every game the Bison have lost in the last 5 years has resulted in either the opposing team (in home games) or opposing team and fans (in road games) storming onto the field high stepping and whipping towels into the air when the clock hit zeros.

I know our players don't like it and they shouldn't but it certainly does say something about the sustained success of your program.

GetEmGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 11:56 AM
I do take a weird sense of pride in the fact that every game the Bison have lost in the last 5 years has resulted in either the opposing team (in home games) or opposing team and fans (in road games) storming onto the field high stepping and whipping towels into the air when the clock hit zeros.

I know our players don't like it and they shouldn't but it certainly does say something about the sustained success of your program.

Very similar to how EWU fans have stormed the field when they beat Montana in 2010, 2012, and 2014.

Bisonator
December 3rd, 2015, 11:57 AM
It's because you're in the Missouri Valley Conference where nobody has an offense.

Must be why we only scored 35 on you guys in the first game. We'll try better.

GetEmGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 12:00 PM

Beginner's luck. xnodx

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2015, 12:04 PM

But only 7 in the second half. I think we'll need to make halftime adjustments like that again to pull this off. xnodx

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2015, 12:05 PM
Beginner's luck. xnodx

Which is weird because NDSU averages 35.8 points on offense, but the Griz only average 31.2? :D xrulesx

Silenoz
December 3rd, 2015, 12:14 PM
Shall we see what some of the gems are that "Griz Nation" is posting on eGriz?

I feel like that happens all the time

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 12:23 PM
Which is weird because NDSU averages 35.8 points on offense, but the Griz only average 31.2? :D xrulesx

Great defenses in the BSC.

Schism55
December 3rd, 2015, 12:28 PM
Thanks man, I needed a good laugh this morning xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2015, 12:31 PM

http://www.thegifspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/o7x1oEZ.gif

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2015, 12:34 PM

Hey, whatever we can do to take your mind off of the impending end to your magical run.:)

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2015, 12:36 PM
Hey, whatever we can do to take your mind off of the impending end to your magical run.:)

I've come to grips with it at this point. I don't necessarily think it is this Saturday, but I don't see my Bison beating UNI and ISUr back-to-back. You can tell some of AGS are waiting with bated breath for that day though. xlolx

veinup
December 3rd, 2015, 12:46 PM
You can tell some of AGS are waiting with bated breath for that day though. xlolx

its only natural to feel that way. a lot of people wanted the Bulls to lose back in the day. common phenomenon when someone is so dominant for so long.. i don't hate the bison at all but i'd love to see them lose (to anybody, I don't think it'll happen this weekend).

GetEmGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 12:55 PM
its only natural to feel that way. a lot of people wanted the Bulls to lose back in the day. common phenomenon when someone is so dominant for so long.. i don't hate the bison at all but i'd love to see them lose (to anybody, I don't think it'll happen this weekend).

Have some faith in the team you cheer for.

IBleedYellow
December 3rd, 2015, 01:14 PM

I have lots of confidence in the team I cheer for.

Thing is, eventually they just won't be the best team anymore...and that's okay. As long as they know to try again and attempt to become #1 again.

Bisonator
December 3rd, 2015, 01:17 PM
But only 7 in the second half. I think we'll need to make halftime adjustments like that again to pull this off. xnodx

What were your halftime adjustments in that game? Like you guys did against SDSU we got too conservative in the second half. We fumbled it on our second to last possession. Our OC pissed his pants on our last possession. and your QB threw up prayers that were answered by your WR's. I wouldn't count on a lot of those "adjustments" happening again.xnodx

veinup
December 3rd, 2015, 01:18 PM

i have some faith. some. xthumbsupx

BisonTru
December 3rd, 2015, 01:21 PM

I'll take the offense that can score while eating some clock and letting their defense catch their breath.

But what would we know, I'm sure your D line and secondary would love to play 3/4 of the game.

Peems
December 3rd, 2015, 01:22 PM
Griz by a million

Bisonator
December 3rd, 2015, 01:26 PM
Griz by a million

Only a mil?xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 01:30 PM
Griz by a million

Only a mil?xlolx
A million isn't that much anymore these days. Last year alone Virtucon made nearly 9 billion.

Mayville Bison
December 3rd, 2015, 01:31 PM

Big Sky clearly plays better defenses

Edit - beat to it....almost immediately

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2015, 01:35 PM

Hey at least we had a magical run, although I like to think of it as NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE EVER!.....rather than magical.xlolx

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2015, 01:38 PM
I'll take the offense that can score while eating some clock and letting their defense catch their breath.

But what would we know, I'm sure your D line and secondary would love to play 3/4 of the game.

Well you had a ten minute advantage in TOP in the first game, but your defense still had to defend 92 snaps. Klieman himself said if that happens again, the Bison could be in trouble.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2015, 01:42 PM
Big Sky clearly plays better defenses

Edit - beat to it....almost immediately

Well the Griz were playing with their second and third string QBs for most of the season. And before you bring up Wentz, you lost to USD with him, and our offense is much more QB dependent than yours.

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2015, 01:42 PM
I'm with a few others on here in that I don't really think it is likely that we can get through Montana, UNI and the Redbirds with a Rfr at QB. Not saying impossible, we have the talent to do it, but we have been a little inconsistent, which comes with having a young team. The future looks bright though and I know we can't win a Natty every damn year.....but we can sure as hell try! Go Bison!!!

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 01:44 PM
Well you had a ten minute advantage in TOP in the first game, but your defense still had to defend 92 snaps. Klieman himself said if that happens again, the Bison could be in trouble.
I'd agree wholeheartedly. If the Griz get that amount of plays ran again it either means that the Bison offense isn't controlling the game while they're out there or that the Griz offense is winning the battle on 3rd and 4th down against the Bison defense, or both.

35 minutes TOP for the Bison won't mean squat if the Griz can still squeeze off 90+ plays. Of course in the first game running 16 plays in 95 seconds on that last drive helped get that play count up in a hurry.

DuckDuckGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 01:44 PM
I don't like these humble Bison predictions.

Stop being weird.

Silenoz
December 3rd, 2015, 01:46 PM

I know much has been made of Stitt's study of the matter (conclusion; TOP doesn't mean anything, rather plays ran is the important one) and that our total is usually pretty high each week. Of course I feel like we've also shifted away from that with Gus's return, and the replacement of slot receiver Naccarato with TE'ish Horner

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2015, 01:51 PM
I don't like these humble Bison predictions.

Stop being weird.

This is funny stuff!

Schism55
December 3rd, 2015, 01:52 PM
Griz by a million
May be because I'm seriously baked, but this absolutely slayed me

Schism55
December 3rd, 2015, 01:55 PM
I don't think this game is close.
Bison O-line is fully healthy and crushing teams. Easton stick is quiiiick.
Bison D Line, Nick Deluca, CJ smith
Bad Buffaloes 38 Grizzle Kitties 17

DuckDuckGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 01:59 PM

That's more like it!

Griz receivers line up 1-1 on Jordan Champion and the like and burn them all day long.

Griz 38
Bison 28

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2015, 01:59 PM
^^
Someone get this hothead outta here!

Silenoz
December 3rd, 2015, 02:01 PM
Plays ran:
Week 1 - 92 (W)
Week 2 - 92 (L)
Week 3 - 67 (L)
Week 4 - 89 (W)
Week 5 - 97 (W)
Week 6 - 72 (L)
Week 7 - 69 (W)
Week 8 - 83 (L)
Week 9 - 99 (W)
Week 10 - 84 (W)
Week 11 - 87 (W)
Week 12 - 73 (W)

Interestingly enough, we did not win TOP in a single one of those games (most of them weren't even close). In fact we had roughly the same TOP in our UND blowout win and PSU blowout loss. But there is a pretty good correlation between plays and wins. Obviously there's more to the story, including penalties, TOs, special teams, defensive TDs, etc. But it is a good indicator of your offense putting you in position to win. Even the Cal Poly loss where we had 92 is a classic example of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory thanks to the red zone turnovers and miscues

DuckDuckGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 02:02 PM
^^
Someone get this hothead outta here!

Hey I'm here to spit facts and if you don't like it you go fly a kite you silly goose

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2015, 02:04 PM
Hey I'm here to spit facts and if you don't like it you go fly a kite you silly goose

xbowxxlolxxthumbsupx

Schism55
Bison will own both lines of scrimmage in this game.
Everyone knows that is what wins games in december and january.
Go Bison!

Grizalltheway

That was meant for Schism, but you decided to c-block me. Jerk.

DuckDuckGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 02:05 PM
That was meant for Schism, but you decided to c-block me. Jerk.

It's the internet. You can say cock.

Schism55
December 3rd, 2015, 02:06 PM
Balls!

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2015, 02:08 PM
That's more like it!

Griz receivers line up 1-1 on Jordan Champion and the like and burn them all day long.

Griz 38
Bison 28

He did say he was baked though, otherwise I am sure he would be as humble as the rest of us:D

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 02:12 PM
This should get rid of him for a while xlolx

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ggGLIxbnS_k/Uof9BHZJhHI/AAAAAAAAEjA/ADH6smXnBLY/s1600/cheetos-crunchy.gif

veinup
December 3rd, 2015, 02:14 PM
cock and balls

griz 41
bison 34

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 3rd, 2015, 02:15 PM
Says the MVC plays hard nosed defense guy..........35ppg?

Thanks guy, I needed a good laugh this.....afternoon. xthumbsupx

Schism55
December 3rd, 2015, 02:15 PM
This should get rid of him for a while xlolx

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ggGLIxbnS_k/Uof9BHZJhHI/AAAAAAAAEjA/ADH6smXnBLY/s1600/cheetos-crunchy.gif
Chipotle and Pumpkin Pie pop tarts actually. But thanks for thinking of me homie ;)

veinup
December 3rd, 2015, 02:19 PM
Chipotle and Pumpkin Pie pop tarts

for a second i thought you were talking about chili and pumpkin pie flavored poptarts ..

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 3rd, 2015, 02:20 PM
I agree, it won't be close.........but not for a single reason you listed.

Schism55
December 3rd, 2015, 02:21 PM
How do you know I'm not? :D
Burrito restaurant is like 80 feet away

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2015, 02:34 PM
Schism for newcomer of the year..... xlolx

Green1
December 3rd, 2015, 02:37 PM
for a second i thought you were talking about chili and pumpkin pie flavored poptarts ..

By George, I think we have a million dollar idea here! ....And to think, it all happened in this thread!!!

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2015, 02:42 PM
All discussion of the game is pointless now.......we are wearing the green jerseys instead of the 20-0 yellow jerseys! That is too much bad juju to overcome...Griz 52 Bison 10xcoolx

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2015, 02:43 PM
It's the internet. You can say cock.

Throwing C words around like that is a slippery slope my friend...oh ****, was that racist?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 3rd, 2015, 02:45 PM
All discussion of the game is pointless now.......we are wearing the green jerseys instead of the 20-0 yellow jerseys! That is too much bad juju to overcome...Griz 52 Bison 10xcoolx
Wrong Griz 51-24

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2015, 03:02 PM
Wrong Griz 51-24

Now way we score 24 in the green jerseys

deez_na
December 3rd, 2015, 03:03 PM
Dangit, are we really going Green?

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2015, 03:05 PM
In all seriousness I say the first one to 30+ is gonna win this baby.

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2015, 03:07 PM
Dangit, are we really going Green?

If we were going green should have been the helmet and the pants, not the jersey for f*** sakes!

GetEmGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 03:08 PM
If we were going green should have been the helmet and the pants, not the jersey for f*** sakes!

Is there something wrong with the green jersey?

deez_na
December 3rd, 2015, 03:12 PM

Yup I agree. This is a big rematch. Get the green jerseys out of here!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 03:14 PM

Those helmets were badass. The only way we could compete if you had those would be for us to be able to wear our Coper throwbacks and you guys would have to be too smart to let that hapen.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 03:14 PM
Is there something wrong with the green jersey?
Nothing. It's just that the green helmets are new and make the yellow jersey/green pants combo look infinitely more bad ass (and they only game they've worn them for so far was a 59-7 obliteration of WIU).

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_860/public/field/image/112115.s.ff_.ndsufrazier.jpg

These were the old look for the yellow jersey/green pants combo with the traditional helmet:

http://herosports.com/wp-content/uploads/North-Dakota-State-running-back-John-Crockett.jpg

And this is the traditional jersey combo they'll be wearing Saturday:

http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_860/public/field/image/1123-s-Crockett_0.jpg

Bronco
December 3rd, 2015, 03:26 PM
Know idea what we will be wearing... probably something white but this was a good look

Courtesy of the Missoulian

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/11954632_891875150881839_200742959896841826_n.jpg? oh=dea78b6b4b1e7d772bb052497dd780a5&oe=56F5F83B

Mayville Bison
December 3rd, 2015, 03:30 PM
Know idea what we will be wearing... probably something white but this was a good look

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/11954632_891875150881839_200742959896841826_n.jpg? oh=dea78b6b4b1e7d772bb052497dd780a5&oe=56F5F83B

This newly found evidence clearly shows he flew over the endzone without control of the football. Where do we start the riots to overturn the previous result?

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2015, 03:31 PM

Thats just mean man!

Drblankstare
December 3rd, 2015, 03:31 PM
This newly found evidence clearly shows he flew over the endzone without control of the football. Where do we start the riots to overturn the previous result?

Cheating ****s

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 3rd, 2015, 03:33 PM

I like the NDSU player on the left using our endzone like a prayer rug......he's even facing east.

#allahsaid****you

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2015, 03:43 PM
40 pages so far....not too bad. Anybody out there remember how many pages some of those G. Southern playoff threads hit?? I know it was a lot more than 40, we need to pick it up here!

Bison56
December 3rd, 2015, 03:45 PM
40 pages so far....not too bad. Anybody out there remember how many pages some of those G. Southern playoff threads hit?? I know it was a lot more than 40, we need to pick it up here!

The first meeting was 286 pages.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2015, 03:48 PM
The first meeting was 286 pages.

That was for a semifinal game. If we use this as the GDT, I bet we can make it respectable.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 03:54 PM
I've never understood why we needed a gameday thread on here for every Bison game instead of using the same thread we dump our BS into all week. Oh well, I'm usually not on AGS during the game anyway so doesn't make much of a difference to me.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 03:54 PM
I never understand why these leadup threads are not used as the GDT as well. Nice to have it all in one place like this.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 03:55 PM
Holy ****. Almost the same damn wording even.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2015, 03:57 PM

We´ve still got a bet on?

Bison56
December 3rd, 2015, 04:08 PM
That was for a semifinal game. If we use this as the GDT, I bet we can make it respectable.

The first 210 pages were smack and the rest was GDT etc.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 04:14 PM
We´ve still got a bet on?

I'll pm you in a bit.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 04:24 PM
Great minds think alike... or more like ****ed up minds tend to have the similar thoughts?

DuckDuckGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 04:25 PM
Would the winner of the UNI-Portland State game play in CF / Portland or Missoula?

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2015, 04:26 PM
Would the winner of the UNI-Portland State game play in CF / Portland or Missoula?
Assuming you're serious it's:

1) NDSU/PSU - in Fargo
2) NDSU/UNI - in Fargo
3) Montana/PSU - in Portland
4) Montana/UNI - in Missoula (based on bid)

Schism55
December 3rd, 2015, 06:14 PM
Schism for newcomer of the year..... xlolx
I know, right? :D

veinup
December 3rd, 2015, 06:26 PM

1) NDSU/PSU - in Fargo
2) NDSU/UNI - in Fargo

i like option #3 the most .. be fun to drive down for a playoff game.

Peems
December 3rd, 2015, 06:39 PM
Ok, after consulting with the Great Buffalo In The Sky, i've revised my pick, GRIZ 20483, Poopson 1709

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2015, 06:47 PM
i like option #3 the most .. be fun to drive down for a playoff game.

Blasphemy. You can make Missoula in 6 hours if you're really trying.

veinup
December 3rd, 2015, 06:49 PM
Blasphemy. You can make Missoula in 6 hours if you're really trying.

i've made it in 7 before and i'm pretty sure i was driving way too fast

Grizzlies82
December 3rd, 2015, 06:55 PM

1) NDSU/PSU - in Fargo
2) NDSU/UNI - in Fargo

I'd really like to pull for Portland State, and I do expect they will win. However, I know our guys are beating the Bison so I have to pull for #4.

I'd have to talk my wife into it again but Missoula is only five hours away. If we can host another I will be there again. GO GRIZ & go uni (sorry PSU)!

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2015, 07:01 PM
i've made it in 7 before and i'm pretty sure i was driving way too fast

Well the limit from the border to Missoula is 80 now, which means you can do at least 85 without having to worry about the boys in blue.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2015, 07:05 PM
Looking forward to the Bison exacting some pay back!!!!

xsmashxxsmashx

1st home game I´ve missed in years.....GO BISON!!!

No_Skill
December 3rd, 2015, 07:23 PM
I just checked the Directv guide and 6 of the games are now listed, but no Montana @ NDSU. hmmmm

Edit: check that...found it on ch. 789

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 07:33 PM
You'd have to be a ****ing really hurting moron to pretend that what happened after that game was storming the field.

I'm sure it's like other things where they all get to talk each other into it be something it isn't though.
Stitt was interviewed by some national sports radio group and the one guy commented that he was impressed Montana did not storm the field.

We have been here a long time. Only NC get a storming. To think otherwise is deluding yourself.

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 07:40 PM

Are those two NDSU dudes crying like pussies in that photo. Sure looks that way. Nice find.

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2015, 07:51 PM

Its amazing what some of the idiots at BV find to get a boner about. Ive seen more unclassy statements there than almost anywhere. :(

griz5700
December 3rd, 2015, 08:04 PM
Yes and the decision wasnt very popular.............

That's a good point.

griz5700
December 3rd, 2015, 08:14 PM

Oh you betcha..Griz fans stormed the field. I saw it..ya know.

Dumbsh**s.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 08:15 PM
Stitt was interviewed by some national sports radio group and the one guy commented that he was impressed Montana did not storm the field.

We have been here a long time. Only NC get a storming. To think otherwise is deluding yourself.

Well, there were a couple in the early days on the way to the NC but yes, that is about 15 years gone at the very least. Now fans did like to steal goal posts and I'd have to consider that the same thing when a group removes them from the stadium and then carries them downtown.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2015, 08:21 PM
Its amazing what some of the idiots at BV find to get a boner about. Ive seen more unclassy statements there than almost anywhere. :(
Bisonville is a pathetic circle jerk...if you don't have a reserved tailgate spot at the Fargodome, your opinion "doesn't count" to them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2015, 08:27 PM
Bisonville is a pathetic circle jerk...if you don't have a reserved tailgate spot at the Fargodome, your opinion "doesn't count" to them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thats because alot of the whining over there is people who didnt reserve spots when they first came out. Now its a pity party of" oh whoa is me."
Same with season tickets.

The place used to be pretty good but we got an onslaught of young punks who just ruined it. Many of the old posters wont come back because of the BS.

veinup
December 3rd, 2015, 10:02 PM
i remember storming the field when we beat app state in ... 2009 ..? ... i dont remember if anyone else was storming the field or if it was just me, i was pretty hammed that night ..

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 10:08 PM
i remember storming the field when we beat app state in ... 2009 ..? ... i dont remember if anyone else was storming the field or if it was just me, i was pretty hammed that night ..

Ah, I remember that! It was just you. You looked good doing it though man.

Takes a brave SOB to go streaking in that kind of cold.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 3rd, 2015, 10:38 PM
I'm worried that the Griz try to scheme Easton in the same way that Youngstown did. Constant spy that rolls with him on roll outs. He is a decent passer but is more dangerous as a runner IMO as far as the "Big Play" is concerned. Without excellent quarterback play NDSU doesn't stay on the field on Offense the D will be real tired come the second half.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 10:45 PM
I'm worried that the Griz try to scheme Easton in the same way that Youngstown did. Constant spy that rolls with him on roll outs. He is a decent passer but is more dangerous as a runner IMO as far as the "Big Play" is concerned. Without excellent quarterback play NDSU doesn't stay on the field on Offense the D will be real tired come the second half.

The primary name you are gonna want to know in that situation is Gamboa. He was held out of the last game with you guys. He is one of probably four that will switch off doing exactly what you suggested I'd bet. That dude is pretty badass at that task though. I sure hope it works for us. We've done that over and over with the QB's in the BSC this year and it's worked fairly well. It's just kind of part of the D now.

BisonTru
December 3rd, 2015, 10:56 PM
The primary name you are gonna want to know in that situation is Gamboa. He was held out of the last game with you guys. He is one of probably four that will switch off doing exactly what you suggested I'd bet. That dude is pretty badass at that task though. I sure hope it works for us. We've done that over and over with the QB's in the BSC this year and it's worked fairly well. It's just kind of part of the D now.

How's Holmes on the read option?

When you have a guy that's difficult to block why not read him. I'd like to see us try that some just curious if other teams have tried it and how it's worked out.

Grizzlies82
December 3rd, 2015, 11:16 PM

I think both teams will have success scoring points. Though the "Big Play" will probably be the difference in this one. That and how well each team's defensive front plays.

As you point out your young QB is a threat to break one with his feet. I suspect you're right in how Montana tries to contain him with a spy. Wentz had several crucial runs in the first meeting. I was impressed with his ability to run. Hopefully the Griz don't let Stick run amok, or it will be an easy Bison win. Stopping him (and your running game) will fall on our D line and linebackers to shut them down so our safety don't let one get away over the top.

On the flip side, I don't see how ND State's defensive backs can consistently cover Montana's slew of receivers. If the Bison are to win they have to get constant pressure on the Grizzlies QB. If they have to resort to blitzes to pressure him then it comes down to how well Brady reads and reacts to find the 'hot' receivers. Montana will find some success on the ground but won't be able to win that way. The Grizzlies have to beat the Bison through the air. The only way NDSU stops that is by getting to Montana's QB, or at least forcing him into bad decisions. If he has time the Grizzlies could win by 25.

This should be a very good game. Hope there are no injuries and some very happy Montana fans at the end.

Green26
December 3rd, 2015, 11:18 PM
Oh you betcha..Griz fans stormed the field. I saw it..ya know.

Dumbsh**s.

No one can get on the UM field, but ya they stormed the field. The Bison idiot saying that is both an idiot and a liar. The stadium stairs to the field are opened only after the other team has left the field.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 11:23 PM
No one can get on the UM field, but ya they stormed the field. The Bison idiot saying that is both an idiot and a liar. The stadium stairs to the field are opened only after the other team has left the field.

A couple of students will jump sometimes but other than that it's not more than a few players friends that do that. I'd bet in the range of 10 or so. Other than that what you said there is dead on.

Green26
December 3rd, 2015, 11:27 PM
How's Holmes on the read option?

When you have a guy that's difficult to block why not read him. I'd like to see us try that some just curious if other teams have tried it and how it's worked out.

Holmes plays the down and the situation. He rarely gets beat in the read option. Watch out if it's a passing down. He's in his track stance, with butt up high, and he's coming. He's now being moved to different positions too, so sometimes he's coming from interior line and sometimes from a standing position. We'll see the big Bison o-lineman can handle him. He's pretty strong too, but usually he just rounds or spins around blockers. The Griz d-lineman have gotten pretty good at staying in their gaps too, when the opposition has a running QB. Impacts the pass rush, but is good discipline and effective. The Griz backer Gamboa won the CA state 10 final in high school in 10.51.

Green26
December 3rd, 2015, 11:33 PM
Holmes and Haeg have been invited to the East-West Shrine game.

BisonTru
December 3rd, 2015, 11:39 PM
Holmes and Haeg have been invited to the East-West Shrine game.

I know you guys move Holmes around, but every NFL scout would love to see those two heads up all game.

We need to keep track of Holmes but when he's on Haeg I doubt we give him any help. We need to at least chip him if he lines up on the opposite side.

Bisonwinagn
December 3rd, 2015, 11:39 PM

There was someone who assaulted our running back after the game. Was that your coach or someone from the media? No it was a fan so obviously people rushed the field.

CrunchGriz
December 3rd, 2015, 11:40 PM
Holmes plays the down and the situation. He rarely gets beat in the read option. Watch out if it's a passing down. He's in his track stance, with butt up high, and he's coming. He's now being moved to different positions too, so sometimes he's coming from interior line and sometimes from a standing position. We'll see the big Bison o-lineman can handle him. He's pretty strong too, but usually he just rounds or spins around blockers. The Griz d-lineman have gotten pretty good at staying in their gaps too, when the opposition has a running QB. Impacts the pass rush, but is good discipline and effective. The Griz backer Gamboa won the CA state 10 final in high school in 10.51.

Just a minor quibble, here: HG didn't win state, he won his divisional, but he did run a 10.51 his senior season.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 11:42 PM
I know you guys move Holmes around, but every NFL scout would love to see those two heads up all game.

We need to keep track of Holmes but when he's on Haeg I doubt we give him any help. We need to at least chip him if he lines up on the opposite side.

That is typically what teams do.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2015, 11:47 PM
There was someone who assaulted our running back after the game. Was that your coach or someone from the media? No it was a fan so obviously people rushed the field.

xlolx

Yeah, they were called rs freshman and some media/student media etc. He was not assaulted, he was f'd with and he delivered a deserved punch to someone that is true but the field was not rushed unless you call a few students jumping down a rushing. The field was not rushed by any standards we have around here.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2015, 12:09 AM
Just went and watched the last few minutes again. For any slack jawed malcontent that thinks there was some rushing the field I'll need you to point it out for me. Tell me exactly where on the timeline the rushing the field from the stands occurs. Sure, there are players, coaches, media, freshman, cheerleaders, and a variety of other personnel that are already on the field for their jobs/duties or whatever but really please tell me where that rushing the field happened. That is some ridiculously petty **** some of you try to manufacture. To the Bison fans that don't do that sort of ****...thank you, it makes liking the Bison team a whole lot easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wgfw8rCguw

DuckDuckGriz
December 4th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Just went and watched the last few minutes again. For any slack jawed malcontent that thinks there was some rushing the field I'll need you to point it out for me. Tell me exactly where on the timeline the rushing the field from the stands occurs. Sure, there are players, coaches, media, freshman, cheerleaders, and a variety of other personnel that are already on the field for their jobs/duties or whatever but really please tell me where that rushing the field happened. That is some ridiculously petty **** some of you try to manufacture. To the Bison fans that don't do that sort of ****...thank you, it makes liking the Bison team a whole lot easier.

A lot of Bison holier than thous with blinders who really like to flatter themselves.

No_Skill
December 4th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Bison fans, don't watch that video!

http://i.imgur.com/LaJ9Kmo.gif

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Bison fans, don't watch that video!

http://i.imgur.com/LaJ9Kmo.gif
What makes me feel better is that the Bison players have likely had to watch a ton of film from that game this week for reasons unrelated to building up a revenge factor but I suspect it had that ulterior effect.

Bisonator
December 4th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Griz better watch out for Easton's pump run move. It's deadly! :D

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2015, 08:39 AM
What makes me feel better is that the Bison players have likely had to watch a ton of film from that game this week for reasons unrelated to building up a revenge factor but I suspect it had that ulterior effect.

What, they need some silly game footage to get motivated for this one??:D

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2015, 08:54 AM
I know... shouldn't be necessary but shouldn't hurt right? ;)

Green1
December 4th, 2015, 09:37 AM

Even if it raises one guy's motivation .05%, it's worth it, right? xrolleyesx

TheKingpin28
December 4th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Well I'll be starting to drink around 3pm today and hopefully my liver keeps up. This is going to be a great matchup. Still got to believe in my Bison

Mayville Bison
December 4th, 2015, 10:09 AM

You obviously missed the tearing down the goal posts at the 3 hour mark /purple

Seriously though, I've never really understood the whole shaking hands thing after a game. There are so many more bad things that can result than actual good results. Don't get me wrong, I know it's the sportsmanlike thing to do, but as a coach of high school kids, I'd rather let the emotions reside first and catch up at a later time. Coaches should always shake (even though that could get interesting at times as well), but let the winning players have the field and enjoy their victory.

Bison56
December 4th, 2015, 10:31 AM

The point spread is the biggest motivator :D

Bison56
December 4th, 2015, 10:33 AM
You obviously missed the tearing down the goal posts at the 3 hour mark /purple

Seriously though, I've never really understood the whole shaking hands thing after a game. There are so many more bad things that can result than actual good results. Don't get me wrong, I know it's the sportsmanlike thing to do, but as a coach of high school kids, I'd rather let the emotions reside first and catch up at a later time. Coaches should always shake (even though that could get interesting at times as well), but let the winning players have the field and enjoy their victory.

I saw fans cutting up the field and taking chunks with them.

Cleets
December 4th, 2015, 10:34 AM
What is the Friday pre-game point spread on this right now..?

Peems
December 4th, 2015, 10:40 AM

Nice article in the missoulian today about Haeg. http://missoulian.com/news/local/bison-blockade-o-lineman-haeg-may-be-montana-s-biggest/article_0438e472-818e-5be5-b2c8-2a00600af018.html

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2015, 10:51 AM
I saw fans cutting up the field and taking chunks with them.

xlolx

Still an awesome move if you ask me.

UNIFanSince1983
December 4th, 2015, 10:54 AM
I actually just recently went and tore down the goalposts at the UNI-Dome again celebrating our win over the Bison last year. xnodx

IBleedYellow
December 4th, 2015, 11:13 AM
xlolx

Still an awesome move if you ask me.

I have a buddy who has a huge chunk of Frisco grass growing in his place now.

DuckDuckGriz
December 4th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I do miss the days of Griz fans parading the goalposts downtown and into Red's Bar.

I miss a lot of things.

gotts
December 4th, 2015, 11:23 AM
What is the Friday pre-game point spread on this right now..?

NDSU -9 O/U 52 -365 ML

montana +255 ML

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2015, 11:23 AM
I have a buddy who has a huge chunk of Frisco grass growing in his place now.

I know a guy with grass in his yard from the old turf at WA Griz from back in 2000 as well as a piece form Chatty in 2004.xthumbsupx

When they took the turf out of WA Griz there were trucks lined up everywhere to grab some. They didn't have worry about disposing of that. Got hauled away for free. Hell, they could have charged double what a sod farm was and made out decent on the deal. xlolx

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2015, 11:24 AM
NDSU -9 O/U 52 -365 ML

montana +255 ML

Dammit, the Griz are losing motivation by the minute! It's all over. xbawlingx

THE HERD
December 4th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Dammit, the Griz are losing motivation by the minute! It's all over. xbawlingx

Ya but we are wearing our green jerseys, so your good!:DWe need the powerful yellow jersey Juju in this game I tell ya!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I do miss the days of Griz fans parading the goalposts downtown and into Red's Bar.

I miss a lot of things.

That's a long walk. Here at KU they rip the goalposts down rather regularly and toss them in the lake less than 1000 feet from the stadium.

Never seen it done at NDSU.

DuckDuckGriz
December 4th, 2015, 11:41 AM
That's a long walk. Here at KU they rip the goalposts down rather regularly and toss them in the lake less than 1000 feet from the stadium.

I can't imagine you can casually fit a goalpost through the crowd exits in the Fargo Dome.

Unless America's obesity problem has accommodated in ways worse than we thought.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2015, 11:43 AM
I can't imagine you can casually fit a goalpost through the crowd exits in the Fargo Dome.

Unless America's obesity problem has accommodated in ways worse than we thought.

We played over 100 years outdoors so, yes, it was physically possible.

Silenoz
December 4th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Even if it raises one guy's motivation .05%, it's worth it, right? xrolleyesx

Yes

Why wouldn't it be? xrolleyesx

Net sum is a positive

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2015, 11:46 AM

No kidding and think about that group of people taking that large object down the streets to get it there...and they did it twice. xlolx

There are two pieces off each of those goal posts mounted in Red's with signatures all over from various dignitaries of Griz lore.

It is also why you see the collapsible posts that they work on immediately after the games now cuz it was definitely dangerous and a traffic stopping scene.xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
December 4th, 2015, 11:49 AM

Too damn cold!

UNIFanSince1983
December 4th, 2015, 11:50 AM

The best was last year when KU tore the goalposts down after beating Iowa State. I mean I know KU is bad, but so is ISU...

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2015, 11:50 AM

You probably weren't at a lot of games before the FD I'd imagine. It was plenty of fun though. You missed out.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2015, 11:54 AM
The best was last year when KU tore the goalposts down after beating Iowa State. I mean I know KU is bad, but so is ISU...

They actually did it when the Royals won the WS. I'm so glad I live on the other side of town, it was a ****show down there that night.

BisonFan02
December 4th, 2015, 12:05 PM
I know a guy with grass in his yard from the old turf at WA Griz from back in 2000 as well as a piece form Chatty in 2004.xthumbsupx

When they took the turf out of WA Griz there were trucks lined up everywhere to grab some. They didn't have worry about disposing of that. Got hauled away for free. Hell, they could have charged double what a sod farm was and made out decent on the deal. xlolx

Yup...I've got a few spent cigar tube containers (post game celebratory cigars) of dirt/turf from the Frisco trips....some nice large chunks of sod were readily available after the Towson game....albeit dead and spray painted green. xlolx

steelbison
December 4th, 2015, 12:16 PM
I think both teams will have success scoring points. Though the "Big Play" will probably be the difference in this one. That and how well each team's defensive front plays.

As you point out your young QB is a threat to break one with his feet. I suspect you're right in how Montana tries to contain him with a spy. Wentz had several crucial runs in the first meeting. I was impressed with his ability to run. Hopefully the Griz don't let Stick run amok, or it will be an easy Bison win. Stopping him (and your running game) will fall on our D line and linebackers to shut them down so our safety don't let one get away over the top.

On the flip side, I don't see how ND State's defensive backs can consistently cover Montana's slew of receivers. If the Bison are to win they have to get constant pressure on the Grizzlies QB. If they have to resort to blitzes to pressure him then it comes down to how well Brady reads and reacts to find the 'hot' receivers. Montana will find some success on the ground but won't be able to win that way. The Grizzlies have to beat the Bison through the air. The only way NDSU stops that is by getting to Montana's QB, or at least forcing him into bad decisions. If he has time the Grizzlies could win by 25.

This should be a very good game. Hope there are no injuries and some very happy Montana fans at the end.

The bolded part is the most idiotic statement I have seen about this game from either side. Going to be a good game. Let's see you beat SDSU at home, by seven. We beat them 28-7 on their field. No one and I mean NO ONE is going to come into our house and blow us out. I would take 20 points and bet you 3 to 1 odds. You interested?

Peems
December 4th, 2015, 12:22 PM
The bolded part is the most idiotic statement I have seen about this game from either side. Going to be a good game. Let's see you beat SDSU at home, by seven. We beat them 28-7 on their field. No one and I mean NO ONE is going to come into our house and blow us out. I would take 20 points and bet you 3 to 1 odds. You interested?

Whoa there buddy, he did add the disclaimer of IF and COULD, which honestly is dumb, watch! IF the entire Bison squad comes down with a terrible case of salmonella the Griz COULD win by 30!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Yup...I've got a few spent cigar tube containers (post game celebratory cigars) of dirt/turf from the Frisco trips....some nice large chunks of sod were readily available after the Towson game....albeit dead and spray painted green. xlolx

apparently that sprouted back rather nicely for the few that brought it home and planted it. I picked a piece up just to see what was going on and left it there. Still mad about it.

Bisonator
December 4th, 2015, 12:53 PM
NDSU controls the line of scrimmage on offense and Stick hits a few key pass plays as well as a couple big runs. Control the clock, ground and pound and slowly wear down the Griz defense. On defense our corners will have to jamb the WR's and our dline and or blitzers have to get to Gustafson and make him hurry his reads and throws. I think the Griz will definitely hit a couple big plays but for the most part our defense holds their ground and doesn't look like the sieve they did back in the first game. The Griz can't possibly win every 50/50 ball again, can they? I'm thinking the Bison win 31-21. Go Bison!!!

grizband
December 4th, 2015, 01:02 PM
No kidding and think about that group of people taking that large object down the streets to get it there...and they did it twice. xlolx

There are two pieces off each of those goal posts mounted in Red's with signatures all over from various dignitaries of Griz lore.

It is also why you see the collapsible posts that they work on immediately after the games now cuz it was definitely dangerous and a traffic stopping scene.xlolx
Not to mention the goalposts cost about$10-20,000 each, if I remember correctly

F'N Hawks
December 4th, 2015, 01:04 PM
NDSU controls the line of scrimmage on offense and Stick hits a few key pass plays as well as a couple big runs. Control the clock, ground and pound and slowly wear down the Griz defense. On defense our corners will have to jamb the WR's and our dline and or blitzers have to get to Gustafson and make him hurry his reads and throws. I think the Griz will definitely hit a couple big plays but for the most part our defense holds their ground and doesn't look like the sieve they did back in the first game. The Griz can't possibly win every 50/50 ball again, can they? I'm thinking the Bison win 31-21. Go Bison!!!

You going to jamb their WR's, huh? Better not whiff or those two are gone.

What I will be looking for is to see if Montana can run the ball when Gustafson counts the box and only sees 6. The safeties are going to be high to play the pass. If NDSU can control the line with their front four in run game it will make things much easier for your DC to help out the corners.

Bisonator
December 4th, 2015, 01:15 PM

What I will be looking for is to see if Montana can run the ball when Gustafson counts the box and only sees 6. The safeties are going to be high to play the pass. If NDSU can control the line with their front four in run game it will make things much easier for your DC to help out the corners.

Well duh. Give them 5 yards they'll take 50! Got to jamb them to disrupt timing and not let Gustafson throw quickly. I'm sure we will show our base 2 deep look with the safeties. Probably blitz a corner or LB at times. We bluff blitz a lot the first game but didn't blitz much. I have a feeling we will send a LB more this game.

BTW what would a UND fan know about pass defense anyway?:D

andy7171
December 4th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Holy snap! AZ was right! Pre-game hype thread going on 49 pages!!!! :p

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Holy snap! AZ was right! Pre-game hype thread going on 49 pages!!!! :p

You need to change your settings.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2015, 01:24 PM
The point spread is the biggest motivator :D

To people who don't understand point spreads.

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2015, 02:03 PM

That will be interesting to see. The O-line has really gelled and improved over the season, and Nguyen is a very good pass blocker and usually picks up blitzes pretty well.

BisonTru
December 4th, 2015, 02:35 PM
https://www.facebook.com/100273803396834/videos/957623694328503/

https://youtu.be/IxIDeimmg-E

Stitt and Klieman weekly press conferences

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2015, 02:36 PM
That will be interesting to see. The O-line has really gelled and improved over the season, and Nguyen is a very good pass blocker and usually picks up blitzes pretty well.

The last part is the most unusual of that statement as well. Just really wouldn't think that could be the case.

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2015, 02:52 PM
The last part is the most unusual of that statement as well. Just really wouldn't think that could be the case.

He's definitely a little guy, but I think I remember seeing that he squats north of 400 or something.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2015, 03:04 PM
He's definitely a little guy, but I think I remember seeing that he squats north of 400 or something.

You might not remember from your diaper days but that is a lot like a guy we had named Josh Branen and he had a similar stature and strength and we can only hope he can attain the level Branen did in being all around what you need in this kind of offense.

Green26
December 4th, 2015, 03:22 PM

Bison may control the line of scrimmage on offense, and I am sure they will be able to run at least some, but we'll see how much they control it. Griz secondary will have to be disciplined to stay with receiver and not bite on play action and naked plays. UM has had some problems with this discipline this year. Bison corners are not going to be able to handle the Griz receivers, or jam them consistently. Just not going to happen. Keep dreaming. Brady generally makes reads and throws fast, or is fully capable of doing that. We'll see if the Bison can cover UM's tall and big inside receivers, both of whom have very good hands. The Griz will win many of the 50-50 balls. UM's offensive line is much improved from the beginning of the year, and one starter is back from that time. The center, who got his first start against the Bison due to a season-ending injury, now has 12 games under his belt.

My concern is that the Bison will be able to control the game like they did last season, even though they couldn't get into the end zone. The Griz offense needs multiple possessions. It's not yet good enough to move the ball in most every series. Still a weakness.

I think turnovers, mistakes and big plays could sway the game. Hoping that the Bison do the first two, and the Griz do the third one. That's, of course, not assured.

Green26
December 4th, 2015, 03:28 PM

Perhaps the Bison wanted to get motivated by watching a handful of fans rush the field after the game.

I like the fact that watching tape of an earlier loss can also show the Bison that they are potentially vulnerable.

Green26
December 4th, 2015, 03:31 PM

It was a drunk Bison fan who had a sideline pass for the game.

Green26
December 4th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Just a minor quibble, here: HG didn't win state, he won his divisional, but he did run a 10.51 his senior season.

I think it was the 2d fastest time run in CA that year.

Silenoz
December 4th, 2015, 03:37 PM
It was a drunk Bison fan who had a sideline pass for the game.

Who was ecstatic they lost?

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Who was ecstatic they lost?

The drunk Bison fan didn't realize they had lost.
You know MVFC superiority and stuff. Of course they won.

Silenoz
December 4th, 2015, 03:43 PM
I should probably mention that there is video up on youtube that gets a real good view of the dude's face. I only found it recently so I'm not sure what good can come from it

NDSUFREAK
December 4th, 2015, 03:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JC2A7rzE98

Goes Montana have a fan pump up video like this? Honest question because I want to watch it if they do.

Silenoz
December 4th, 2015, 03:46 PM
We don't really do them much. MSU on the other hand would be all over that sh#t, and (attempt to) make themselves look like the world's biggest badasses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JsNHDsN6HA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3B7xixrPNo

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2015, 03:57 PM
More Swagger University, bro!

Mayville Bison
December 4th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Perhaps the Bison wanted to get motivated by watching a handful of fans rush the field after the game.

I like the fact that watching tape of an earlier loss can also show the Bison that they are potentially vulnerable.

Isn't that the main reason you rewatch the video? To see where you made a mistake and learn from it? I want NDSU's players to know they are vulnerable. If you don't think you are vulnerable, the USD game happens.

srgrizizen
December 4th, 2015, 04:04 PM

Well, when you finally got to within 7 points, you had plenty of time to stop the Griz and tie it up. Instead, your "more physical" defense allowed an undersized back to run wild by running the same play over and over. Probably could have scored if it was necessary. SDSU never had the ball when trailing by less than two scores, so I wouldn't say the game was ever close.