PDA

View Full Version : Who wins it all?

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2015, 01:31 AM
Did you fill out your bracket yet? Who do you think takes home the.....um...gold?

ming01
November 26th, 2015, 02:57 AM
One of the top 3 options

CID1990
November 26th, 2015, 06:44 AM
All of them.

After this weekend I will cut my prediction down to 2/3rds of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsualumnus
November 26th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Jacksonville State has the best team I've ever seen them have, and yes I know we play in the OVC. It's tough to watch games where you know your starters are going to be benched in the 3rd qtr. We had at least 5 games where that happened. Grass has been criticized for not keeping the pedal down, but I do believe UTC will be a welcomed challenge for us.

Our bracket seems to be the easiest half if you ask me, but the team that really intrigues me is The Citadel.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2015, 07:53 AM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/56/f9/28/56f928b8db993ab764917224e3efbdee.jpg

X-Factor
November 26th, 2015, 08:16 AM
As far as who wins....I don't know. Who makes it to the chipper? The team with the highest probability is Jacksonville State. So by default I would have to say JSU also has the best chance at winning it all. However, I will bet that the natty winner comes out of the "west's" bracket, implying that the win probabilities will shift dramatically once the rounds go on and more valley teams get knocked out, converging on whoever is the semi winner from the west.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2015, 10:02 AM
North Dakota state has four consecutive championships. I'll pick someone else once they finally lose.

FordhamFan
November 26th, 2015, 10:07 AM
North Dakota state has four consecutive championships. I'll pick someone else once they finally lose.

Agreed. NDSU until it's taken from them.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 10:14 AM
JSU, because if they come to play I don't think there's a team in the FCS that can shut them down. I'm not just being a homer, I've watched games from NDSU and other teams and to me JSU legitimately looks the best, especially on defense. We are going in rested with our offensive roster fully stacked for the first time in about 6 games since we are getting a star receiver and a star RB back. We are only missing one lineman on defense and he's been out since Tennessee State anyway and our defense has shown it really hasn't been a factor. Our roster is loaded and deep and barring anything out of the ordinary performance-wise my pick is JSU. It's going to be interesting no matter who makes it though.

Sycamore62
November 26th, 2015, 10:14 AM
i took the sdsu/uni option. I get too many teams I think could win to turn it down

jsualumnus
November 26th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Agreed. NDSU until it's taken from them.

That's just it, right? Until someone beats them in the playoffs then it's theirs... That's the thinking that comes from winning 4 NC's in a row... They are a dynasty to be honest... Truly amazing in my opinion, but if any year was the year they lose then I say this is it. Sorry NDSU fans!

Thundar
November 26th, 2015, 10:28 AM
JSU, because if they come to play I don't think there's a team in the FCS that can shut them down. I'm not just being a homer, I've watched games from NDSU and other teams and to me JSU legitimately looks the best, especially on defense. We are going in rested with our offensive roster fully stacked for the first time in about 6 games since we are getting a star receiver and a star RB back. We are only missing one lineman on defense and he's been out since Tennessee State anyway and our defense has shown it really hasn't been a factor. Our roster is loaded and deep and barring anything out of the ordinary performance-wise my pick is JSU. It's going to be interesting no matter who makes it though.

im sure you have great team, but play 7 top 25 programs in the year and I would bet you wouldn't be in the top with your current team...just my opinion

Catsfan90
November 26th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Why is nobody giving Dayton a chance??

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 10:33 AM
im sure you have great team, but play 7 top 25 programs in the year and I would bet you wouldn't be in the top with your current team...just my opinion

Well we completely shut down EKU when they were 14, shut down a top 10 ranked Chatt's offense, took a winning record SEC team to OT and beat them in every stat but the score, beat a ranked EIU. So that's 4. And as badly as we beat our OVC competition imagine how bloody the score had been had we waited until halftime to pull our starters. I'm pretty sure the only games we didn't pull early where Chatt and Auburn.

Either way you maybe right, last year's playoffs proved that. It's just my opinion.

jsualumnus
November 26th, 2015, 10:37 AM
I would like to play in a conference where we wouldn't have to sit our starters after the first half! We are not an OVC team... I seriously wish decisions were made for football, but the OVC is a very strong basketball conference. We lack in that dept!

Thundar
November 26th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Well we completely shut down EKU when they were 14, shut down a top 10 ranked Chatt's offense, took a winning record SEC team to OT and beat them in every stat but the score, beat a ranked EIU. So that's 4. And as badly as we beat our OVC competition imagine how bloody the score had been had we waited until halftime to pull our starters. I'm pretty sure the only games we didn't pull early where Chatt and Auburn.

Either way you maybe right, last year's playoffs proved that. It's just my opinion.

your putting a ton of stock into the Auburn loss, you do realize they are last in the SEC West, they are not good and you lost

Thundar
November 26th, 2015, 10:42 AM
I would like to play in a conference where we wouldn't have to sit our starters after the first half! We are not an OVC team... I seriously wish decisions were made for football, but the OVC is a very strong basketball conference. We lack in that dept!

for the record I have you in Frisco this year

dewey
November 26th, 2015, 10:44 AM

Agreed! My heart can't pick against NDSU. However Illinois State would be my 2nd choice.

I might be wrong on JSU but the OVC has historically capped the bed come playoff time and until that changes I don't have faith in them. Even though their side of the bracket is weaker.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Go Bison!

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 11:02 AM
your putting a ton of stock into the Auburn loss, you do realize they are last in the SEC West, they are not good and you lost

Everyone seems to putting a lot of stock into the Citadels win over a 3-8 USC too. A bad Auburn would still plow most FCS teams. I mean they do have wins. They aren't a complete dumpster fire. They have a winning record right now.
Plus we play in the OVC, we don't really have much else to put stock into now do we?

Thundar
November 26th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Everyone seems to putting a lot of stock into the Citadels win over a 3-8 USC too. A bad Auburn would still plow most FCS teams. I mean they do have wins. They aren't a complete dumpster fire. They have a winning record right now.
Yes they have wins, 3 of the 6 are

Idaho who put up 34 points
San Jose st put up 21
JsU FCS put up 20

There other 3 wins are Louisville, Kentucky and Texas A&M

I would be all praising a win as beating any SEC team is a feat but they were never in contention this year to be anything but bottom SEC, so claiming a loss to them as some valid reason JSU is such a powerhouse is odd to me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Yes they have wins, 3 of the 6 are

Idaho who put up 34 points
San Jose st put up 21
JsU FCS put up 20

There other 3 wins are Louisville, Kentucky and Texas A&M

I would be all praising a win as beating any SEC team is a feat but they were never in contention this year to be anything but bottom SEC, so claiming a loss to them as some valid reason JSU is such a powerhouse is odd to me.

Well they are ranked mid30's in Sagarin. And like I said, bad Auburn still plows most of the FCS.

ST_Lawson
November 26th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I voted for Illinois State, but honestly I think it's a toss-up between ISU, NDSU, and JSU. Only went with Illinois State because if it ends up being NDSU vs ISU on that side, it'll be in Normal...so I think they have a (very) slight advantage over NDSU in that game.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Well they are ranked mid30's in Sagarin. And like I said, bad Auburn still plows most of the FCS.

Plus they aren't bottom of the SEC, they are in the SEC west, but take into account all of the SEC are actually 5 from the bottom (above Citadels coveted USC everyone keeps putting in such high regards which yes is huge for them and the FCS but you can't really call USC a good win and not call Auburn good.) and would be forth in the SEC east.
Idaho was a good win, they dropped 56 points on them.
They also had a beat down of TAMU @ TAMU
And they went into quadruple OT with Arkansas and lost it on a bad playcall.

Either way. We are here to talk about FCS winners. And the way JSU played against Auburn was unreal and I think if that JSU shows up in Frisco someone better be ready for a beatdown. Cause JSU sure hasn't been getting worse.

JALMOND
November 26th, 2015, 11:52 AM
It's been too good a season so far for me NOT pick against my team. For that reason, I picked Portland State. I have a feeling for as surprising the conference season has went for practically everyone, the playoffs will be equally as as surprising. I really don't know.

Redbirdz
November 26th, 2015, 11:59 AM
If JSU plays the way it did against Auburn, go ahead and give them the NC.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Anyone, as long as it isn't NDSU.

centennial
November 26th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Anyone, as long as it isn't NDSU.

Just count your lucky stars we don't get to embarrass you again.

Milktruck74
November 26th, 2015, 12:11 PM
I think ISUr is in the driver's seat, but this year is wide open....Of the 24 in, 12 or so have a very legit shot. JSU, NDSU, CCU, JMU, UNI, ISUr, McNeese, William and Mary, PSU, Richmond, Sam Houston.....and Even My Mocs are all equipped to win it. I can't think of a year that was this wide open!!!! It's gonna be a fun few weeks of football!!!!!!!

mgbison
November 26th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I hear comments from JSU fans, and it sounds a lot like SELA fans in previous years.

Milktruck74
November 26th, 2015, 01:01 PM
I hear comments from JSU fans, and it sounds a lot like SELA fans in previous years.

I'm trying not to pin those comments on ALL Jus fans, it really is only one or two....We have our Chattown...you have yours too.

Thundar
November 26th, 2015, 01:22 PM
I can't believe someone thinks a win over Idaho is a good win

Drblankstare
November 26th, 2015, 01:31 PM
If NDSU had Wentz I would say they should still be the favorites, but since they don't and the defense has been very unreliable at times, I think they get bounced.

melloware13
November 26th, 2015, 01:57 PM
I have JSU winning their side mostly because I have very little faith in the rest of that half (SHSU escaped Texas A&M Commerce, who was a 7 seed in their region in DII), but ISU winning it all

Rollbird5
November 26th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Picked my Redbirds. I'd be very surprised if it isn't NDSU, ISU, or JSU who wins it all

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I can't believe someone thinks a win over Idaho is a good win

It is when you drop almost 60 points on them.
I thought that was the reason Portland States North Texas win was considered good?
Or am I missing the double standard somewhere?

Oh yeah, I forgot JSU isn't an MVC team so I'm not allowed to talk about them like they're good and they have potential to make some noise for once.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2015, 03:16 PM
I thought that was the reason Portland States North Texas win was considered good?

Oh yeah, I forgot JSU isn't an MVC team so I'm not allowed to talk about them like they're good and they have potential to make some noise for once.

Did they not have potential last year? xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the only MVC team in the playoffs is UNI. ;)

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2015, 03:20 PM

If we didn't injure six of our starters in the game and miss two open TD's to crush ISUr last year we probably would have had a win or close loss last year vs you guys. Past is the past though and I can't change it. No doubt you spanked us two years ago but that wouldn't have been the case a year ago. Enjoy your playoff games

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Did they not have potential last year? xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the only MVC team in the playoffs is UNI. ;)

No they did. But we all know how that ended. But this is a new year and we still have what it takes so I'm not going to predict an early exit for my Gamecocks. It may happen, but I'm not betting against my team.

JALMOND
November 26th, 2015, 03:41 PM

I'm confused. Are you saying PSU's win over North Texas somehow isn't as impressive as Auburn's win over Idaho? How does that relate here? It was Auburn who did that to Idaho, not Jacksonville State.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 03:49 PM
I'm confused. Are you saying PSU's win over North Texas somehow isn't as impressive as Auburn's win over Idaho? How does that relate here? It was Auburn who did that to Idaho, not Jacksonville State.

I didn't say that, PSU's is definitely more impressive, but dropping 60 points in general doesn't really strike me as "not a good win" it's just my opinion. You all can crash Auburn all you want, I'm not going to sit here and continue to try to give them merit as an opponent. That's just what happens when you play a crappy regular season schedule I suppose. We will just have to see how JSU handles the playoffs.

ming01
November 26th, 2015, 04:16 PM

There's a difference between getting shut down and just losing.

dwtime
November 26th, 2015, 04:19 PM

God I hope you lose, it's idiots like you that make me and pretty much everyone on this board not a NDSU fan HATE NDSU.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 04:23 PM
God I hope you lose, it's idiots like you that make me and pretty much everyone on this board not a MVFC fan HATE THE MVFC.
Fixed that for you.

dwtime
November 26th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Fixed that for you.

Well that too xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2015, 04:38 PM

xlolxxthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2015, 04:40 PM
God I hope you lose, it's idiots like you that make me and pretty much everyone on this board not a NDSU fan HATE NDSU.

xbawlingxxbawlingxxboringx

dwtime
November 26th, 2015, 04:47 PM

Yeah you have some humility..............way to prove me right.

dwtime
November 26th, 2015, 04:49 PM

Keep it coming NDSU fans, show your colors. xnodx

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2015, 04:49 PM

I don't hate most NDSU fans just hate when some posters say they would have "destroyed" a healthy UNH last year. They have won 4 in a row, play in a 19K dome, and are doing well this season so it's only natural some act like cocky ****s

FormerPokeCenter
November 26th, 2015, 04:55 PM
I think ISUr is in the driver's seat, but this year is wide open....Of the 24 in, 12 or so have a very legit shot. JSU, NDSU, CCU, JMU, UNI, ISUr, McNeese, William and Mary, PSU, Richmond, Sam Houston.....and Even My Mocs are all equipped to win it. I can't think of a year that was this wide open!!!! It's gonna be a fun few weeks of football!!!!!!!

If we can get past our first playoff game....I like our chances....

That may be the toughest game we have all year long, and that has NOTHING to do with the competition on the field.

The biggest battle we have to win is the one in our heads about "One and on to the rest" instead of "One and Done"....

dwtime
November 26th, 2015, 04:56 PM
I don't hate most NDSU fans just hate when some posters say they would have "destroyed" a healthy UNH last year. They have won 4 in a row, play in a 19K dome, and are doing well this season so it's only natural some act like cocky ****s

NDSU is a great program, its a certain population of NDSU fans that somehow didn't learn from watching a population of App St. fans on this site that I dislike.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2015, 05:00 PM
NDSU is a great program, its a certain population of NDSU fans that somehow didn't learn from watching a population of App St. fans on this site that I dislike.

Who? xlolx :D

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2015, 05:07 PM

It's amazing that others didn't learn to ignore people like that, either in a literal sense, or in the technical sense. No one has to take what they say seriously and there is an ignore list function on AGS.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
November 26th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Keep it coming NDSU fans, show your colors. xnodx
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf36smzxcfyRI2I1CQVdkvs_Nlr1Ppz naAjwcfIUkh6VNE3XJ9sQ

????

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 05:13 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf36smzxcfyRI2I1CQVdkvs_Nlr1Ppz naAjwcfIUkh6VNE3XJ9sQ

????

For some reason it doesn't surprise me there are NDSU crocs. NDSU fans seem like a Crocs and Socks type crowd. ;)

dwtime
November 26th, 2015, 05:15 PM
It's amazing that others didn't learn to ignore people like that, either in a literal sense, or in the technical sense. No one has to take what they say seriously and there is an ignore list function on AGS.

Why should I have to ignore them? Look at my posts, I have ignored them for almost 3 months. If I ignore them does it change the behavior? What is better, to ignore or to call them out? I choose the later.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 26th, 2015, 05:30 PM
xthumbsupx

centennial
November 26th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Shut your pie hole you you little bitch. Oh and thanks for taking some internet points away from me, I gave you some in return. Everyone of us know that this run will end, but then we get people like UNHWildcat18 who actively root for us to lose. I was just returning the favor.

Drblankstare
November 26th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everybody. xdrunkyx

Also, I have Ill St beating JSU for the Natty

Schism55
November 26th, 2015, 06:27 PM
UNH tears, so salty, so delicious.

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Shut your pie hole you you little bitch. Oh and thanks for taking some internet points away from me, I gave you some in return. Everyone of us know that this run will end, but then we get people like UNHWildcat18 who actively root for us to lose. I was just returning the favor.

There will always be people who root for your team to decline instead of their team getting better so they can compete.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2015, 07:26 PM
UNH tears, so salty, so delicious.

Lol stick and stones may break my bones but at least I don't live in North Dakota 😂

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Why should I have to ignore them? Look at my posts, I have ignored them for almost 3 months. If I ignore them does it change the behavior? What is better, to ignore or to call them out? I choose the later.

Neither. xlolx

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Lol stick and stones may break my bones but at least I don't live in North Dakota 

North Dakota is beautiful, good sir.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2015, 07:28 PM

I just would like to see someone new to win. I didnt trash the fanbase or program.... You are the one who brought up two years ago being a dick. Just want new blood in the NC.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2015, 07:30 PM
North Dakota is beautiful, good sir.

I actually wouldn't mind driving through on a road trip out west. Planning on doing some fishing trips with my dad in other states next summer

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2015, 07:34 PM
There will always be people who root for your team to decline instead of their team getting better so they can compete.

I mean everyone roots for their team to get better every year so you don't make any sense. Preferring another team to win over another has nothing to do with that. NDSU fans can say I hope UNH loses on every thread and I'd go.... OK. It wouldn't bother me if they say I want Colgate to beat UNH, just an opinion...

Catsfan90
November 26th, 2015, 07:44 PM
I agree with 18 in the sense that I would like to see another champion. Nothing against NDSU but its getting sort of boring to see them win year after year. On the flip side though I understand this means that other teams need to step their game up and win it away. You cant fault NDSU for winning, what team doesn't play with the intent to win?

dwtime
November 26th, 2015, 07:44 PM

Once again so humble and gracious centennial, so sorry I don't step in line with the 'NDSU' is God crowd.............xbowx

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2015, 07:52 PM
I mean everyone roots for their team to get better every year so you don't make any sense. Preferring another team to win over another has nothing to do with that. NDSU fans can say I hope UNH loses on every thread and I'd go.... OK. It wouldn't bother me if they say I want Colgate to beat UNH, just an opinion...

There have been a few posters in the past who have mentioned numerous times that NDSU wouldnt be on top forever and when that happens they would be in the cat bird seat.
Of course every fan wants their team to get better every year. But when they look for a decline so they can be successful thats very telling.

FYI those who posted that havent been here in quite some time.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2015, 07:59 PM
I voted ISUr most likely to win it all, but I think the entire bracket of SDSU/Montana/UNI/Eastern Illinois/Western Illinois/Dayton/William&Mary/Duquense is more likely to produce a winner than the current 6% vote indicates.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2015, 08:01 PM
There have been a few posters in the past who have mentioned numerous times that NDSU wouldnt be on top forever and when that happens they would be in the cat bird seat.
Of course every fan wants their team to get better every year. But when they look for a decline so they can be successful thats very telling.

FYI those who posted that havent been here in quite some time.

Well shame on those fools.

Bison56
November 26th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Say it ain't so:(

Schism55
November 26th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Picture me rollin

Milktruck74
November 26th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Picture me rollin

They Haten!

JALMOND
November 26th, 2015, 10:35 PM
I didn't say that, PSU's is definitely more impressive, but dropping 60 points in general doesn't really strike me as "not a good win" it's just my opinion. You all can crash Auburn all you want, I'm not going to sit here and continue to try to give them merit as an opponent. That's just what happens when you play a crappy regular season schedule I suppose. We will just have to see how JSU handles the playoffs.

Even the casual college football fan in Oregon hears the lack of respect the SEC gives the Pac-12, but while Jacksonville State barely lost to Auburn, Portland State did win at Washington State, who by the way is ranked #20 in the FBS polls. So, if you want to dismiss the North Texas win, you really can't dismiss the Washington State win, which Portland State did win (you know, a win is when you score more points than your opponent). While the SEC enjoys disrespecting the Pac-12, I have to ask you, does the OVC disrespect the Big Sky?

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Even the casual college football fan in Oregon hears the lack of respect the SEC gives the Pac-12, but while Jacksonville State barely lost to Auburn, Portland State did win at Washington State, who by the way is ranked #20 in the FBS polls. So, if you want to dismiss the North Texas win, you really can't dismiss the Washington State win, which Portland State did win (you know, a win is when you score more points than your opponent). While the SEC enjoys disrespecting the Pac-12, I have to ask you, does the OVC disrespect the Big Sky?

I never dismissed the Washington State win, in fact, had we even beaten Auburn I would still praise the Washington State win as more impressive. I never dismissed the North Texas win either, it was an epic beat down. I just used it to make a point. And I think the Pac-12 is better than the SEC this year. 100%. SEC fans are full of themselves.

And no, we don't, at least I don't. We are in NO place to be telling conferences they aren't good, except the Southland, they suck hardcore. xthumbsupx
Big Sky IMO is a very solid conference.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2015, 05:51 AM

Go to your corner and cry. Simple solution....don't answer their posts. Or is that too hard to understand.

xboringx

jsualumnus
November 27th, 2015, 07:58 AM

So why do you assume the SEC disrespects the PAC 12? Serious question... I happen to believe SEC fans are always going to choose their conference, but they totally respect the PAC 12 because it's the closest compatible conference in terms of fan base, strength of schedules, and quality of teams. In fact, most SEC fans I know would agree the PAC 12 would be the better conference right now. Ignorant SEC fans would never admit that. Both conferences have their Wazzou's and Vandy's...(see what I did there?)...jk.

(As I sip on a Bloody Mary)...Hear me out on this argument regarding why a JSU loss to Auburn could be greater than a PSU win over WSU. Your wins were very impressive, and I actually have a tie to a player at PSU for whom I was very proud and happy for.. Those were serious statement wins... For JSU, a red-headed stepchild to most Alamabians and a Florida school to most non-believers, the game against Auburn was NEVER supposed to be a game. Nobody really knew what Auburn's season would be like because they were, after all, the #6 team in the country that weekend. JSU came to their house and smacked them right in the mouth for 58 minutes. 1/2 their fans left in the beginning of the 4th quarter. Auburn fans, million dollar donors, and people all over the state were mind blown that little ole' JSU could come in there with "far less talent" than the 4-5 star recruits from Auburn and take this SEC super power down. By the 3rd qtr, people all over the country were watching JSU stomp Auburn's d*** in the dirt, and ESPN was showing updates literally every 5 minutes. This, of course, was something a JSU fan knew was possible but now becoming a reality. A $1Mil payout to make an example of every conceited SEC and Auburn fan was shaping up to be the biggest shocker in NCAA history (yes, even bigger than the App State win over Michigan). Our head coach took the foot off the pedal with 1:38 left, and Auburn found a way to win the game. Some could argue had our Punter not shanked that punt then our D could have stopped Auburn from going 60+ yards instead of 30+.... The stat sheet proved what every snobnosed, holier than thou, Auburn polo shirt and hat wearing War Eagle fan knew. Ole' Jax State came into Jordan Hare and kicked the s*** out of the big bad SEC team that is SO beloved by 1/2 the state of Alabama and 30% of Georgia! By comparison??? Had that been Alabama, Saban would have resigned the next day and Tuscaloosa would have been lit on fire!!! It was the biggest win that was the biggest loss... It literally put JSU in the top spot here at AGS and STATS, while the Coaches Poll waited until the EKU blow out. So that is my soapbox on that...

On your other point... I, for one, am also a Montana fan from which I am a native, but JSU is my true love. I also am a UGA fan, but probably spend more money on Stanford gear just due to my west coast commute. I get this is not about me, but I don't think the SEC necessarily disrespects the PAC 12, nor the OVC disrespects the Big Sky. That is an oxymoron isn't it? How can you make the comparison? One can't... Some conferences are regionally stronger than others just purely due to layout of the land. If JSU fans had their wish we would be in either the SoCon or create a new conference with regional rivalries, including UTC and EKU. Problem with that is, why spend the money trying to build a new FCS conference while so much realignment could be happening in the FBS? So we wait in a subpar conference full of really good baseball and basketball programs. Football is an afterthought for the OVC... To me, the Big Sky is closer to an FBS conference than the SunBelt ever thought of being.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2015, 08:48 AM
So why do you assume the SEC disrespects the PAC 12? Serious question... I happen to believe SEC fans are always going to choose their conference, but they totally respect the PAC 12 because it's the closest compatible conference in terms of fan base, strength of schedules, and quality of teams. In fact, most SEC fans I know would agree the PAC 12 would be the better conference right now. Ignorant SEC fans would never admit that. Both conferences have their Wazzou's and Vandy's...(see what I did there?)...jk.

(As I sip on a Bloody Mary)...Hear me out on this argument regarding why a JSU loss to Auburn could be greater than a PSU win over WSU. Your wins were very impressive, and I actually have a tie to a player at PSU for whom I was very proud and happy for.. Those were serious statement wins... For JSU, a red-headed stepchild to most Alamabians and a Florida school to most non-believers, the game against Auburn was NEVER supposed to be a game. Nobody really knew what Auburn's season would be like because they were, after all, the #6 team in the country that weekend. JSU came to their house and smacked them right in the mouth for 58 minutes. 1/2 their fans left in the beginning of the 4th quarter. Auburn fans, million dollar donors, and people all over the state were mind blown that little ole' JSU could come in there with "far less talent" than the 4-5 star recruits from Auburn and take this SEC super power down. By the 3rd qtr, people all over the country were watching JSU stomp Auburn's d*** in the dirt, and ESPN was showing updates literally every 5 minutes. This, of course, was something a JSU fan knew was possible but now becoming a reality. A $1Mil payout to make an example of every conceited SEC and Auburn fan was shaping up to be the biggest shocker in NCAA history (yes, even bigger than the App State win over Michigan). Our head coach took the foot off the pedal with 1:38 left, and Auburn found a way to win the game. Some could argue had our Punter not shanked that punt then our D could have stopped Auburn from going 60+ yards instead of 30+.... The stat sheet proved what every snobnosed, holier than thou, Auburn polo shirt and hat wearing War Eagle fan knew. Ole' Jax State came into Jordan Hare and kicked the s*** out of the big bad SEC team that is SO beloved by 1/2 the state of Alabama and 30% of Georgia! By comparison??? Had that been Alabama, Saban would have resigned the next day and Tuscaloosa would have been lit on fire!!! It was the biggest win that was the biggest loss... It literally put JSU in the top spot here at AGS and STATS, while the Coaches Poll waited until the EKU blow out. So that is my soapbox on that...

On your other point... I, for one, am also a Montana fan from which I am a native, but JSU is my true love. I also am a UGA fan, but probably spend more money on Stanford gear just due to my west coast commute. I get this is not about me, but I don't think the SEC necessarily disrespects the PAC 12, nor the OVC disrespects the Big Sky. That is an oxymoron isn't it? How can you make the comparison? One can't... Some conferences are regionally stronger than others just purely due to layout of the land. If JSU fans had their wish we would be in either the SoCon or create a new conference with regional rivalries, including UTC and EKU. Problem with that is, why spend the money trying to build a new FCS conference while so much realignment could be happening in the FBS? So we wait in a subpar conference full of really good baseball and basketball programs. Football is an afterthought for the OVC... To me, the Big Sky is closer to an FBS conference than the SunBelt ever thought of being.

All very heartwarming and inspirational. However, this simple formula Win > Loss means to me that the Portland State victory over 8-3 Washington St, is significantly more impressive than a loss to 6-5 Auburn. I have JSU as my #1 because they are undefeated in 10 FCS games with a win over SoCon champ Chattanooga. Not because of an inspirational loss to Auburn.

jsualumnus
November 27th, 2015, 08:51 AM
As to the right reason why you would have JSU as your #1...

Theee Catrabbit
November 27th, 2015, 09:37 AM

Thanks, I thought I was the only one.

Also, the very fact the Big Sky puts up SUU as their champion is all I need to know about that conference for the record as well. My guess is if SDSU loses to Montana, it's because we are up by 25 points and the altitude gets to usxthumbsupx

ISUr takes it. Jacksonville State looks out of place as they get publicly humiliated on National TV

jsualumnus
November 27th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Thanks, I thought I was the only one.

Also, the very fact the Big Sky puts up SUU as their champion is all I need to know about that conference for the record as well. My guess is if SDSU loses to Montana, it's because we are up by 25 points and the altitude gets to usxthumbsupx

ISUr takes it. Jacksonville State looks out of place as they get publicly humiliated on National TV

Ha! Humorous... Good luck this weekend!

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Ha! Humorous... Good luck this weekend!

It's humorous unless it happens. UNI does that to me all the time.

TennBison
November 27th, 2015, 11:34 AM

This, plus here are Auburns wins: Louisville, JSU,San Jose,Kentucky, Texas A&M, Idaho. Not exactly a gauntlet of power teams. Some would even say a very good FCS team could beat All except maybe Texas A&M. And Auburns winning record is only going to be an accurate statement until they play Alabama this weekend, then it will be 6-6 with only one win over a ranked opponent.

jsualumnus
November 27th, 2015, 11:59 AM
I don't think Auburn has to lose to Alabama to gather a consensus on their season. Malzahn is overrated, and Will Muschamp will be fired. Malzahn will be fired if next season is much the same. I also don't see how JSU fans sound arrogant. Until we get past the 3rd round of the playoffs there isn't much to be happy about. Yeah, okay, great season but not rememorable until we get to Frisco. It's great that we go undefeated for 2 years in our conference, which has never been done before to my knowledge, but that means nothing unless we beat other proven teams... Any JSU fan would agree to this...

JALMOND
November 27th, 2015, 12:02 PM

Portland State 24, Washington State 17 (that's a win)
Auburn 27, Jacksonville State 20 (that's a loss)
See the difference...

I find it so amusing about JSU being a "red-headed stepchild" in the state of Alabama. To most Oregonians, Portland State is "the black sheep", that relative that shows up drinking beer at a gala black tie formal. The best example is when PSU plays either the Ducks or the Beavers and even the Portland media, in our own city, treats Portland State no different than Eastern Washington in those games. And while JSU led Auburn for most of the game, for whatever reason they ultimately lost. PSU was down 10-0 to Wazzu at the half and had to come back for the win. Wazzu has since gone on and beaten both the Ducks and the Beavers and are currently ranked #20. Auburn scored 56 on the likes of Idaho as pointed out, which is what dragged me in to this discussion (I still don't see the "double standard" in pointing out that with Auburn hanging 56 on Idaho, that somehow lessens PSU's win over North Texas). A loss that is a win, now that is an oxymoron.

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Everyone is dumb except for me. Problem solved. ;)

jsualumnus
November 27th, 2015, 12:29 PM
No it isn't... My point is the loss did so much more for JSU that we could have imagined a loss doing for a program. Yes, a win would have done more... Nobody took away your PSU win against WSU... It was a good win!

jsualumnus
November 27th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Like in Hee Haw, there are some smart pills that cost a dollar, and the more you take the smarter you become. Sounds like you took them away from us all? xnodx

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I think what JSUalumnus is trying to say is that no, as far as skill and stats and flat out impressiveness, Auburn retrospectively was not as big as Wazzou, I think his point is that down here college football is a religion to most. Half of the world doesn't know about us and the other half thinks we're in Florida. It wasn't so much about having a big win as it was about making a name for our program in a place where if your conference isn't the SEC you're garbage. We took a 40 point underdog line and beat #6 Auburn to death with it. It was the biggest thing we've done since beat Ole Miss because to many people it put us on the map down here. Yeah you can say we lost, we're not going to sit here and deny that. But saying it doesn't matter when we outplayed them for 58 minutes straight and lost it because of our own mistakes is a kick in the mouth. Yes it was a loss, but it was a huge statement for our program and it was more impressive than anything anyone in the FCS aside from PSU and The Citadel has done all year.

Ivytalk
November 27th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Went with Illinois State. Just a hunch.

Green1
November 27th, 2015, 01:58 PM
I wonder if Portland St. is not receiving the respect they deserve? Thought there would be a few more votes for a dangerous team.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2015, 02:01 PM
I wonder if Portland St. is not receiving the respect they deserve? Thought there would be a few more votes for a dangerous team.
I don't know how they will fair against NDSU in the dome. I think that is their biggest problem. Plus, I don't think a lot of people are betting against NDSU to begin with.

I'm willing to bet a shiny nickle that if JSU and PSU swapped spots in the braket that PSU would have a lot more votes and JSU would have next to none.
They have possible matchups with ISUr and NDSU and I think that's why they aren't getting the amount of recognition they deserve.

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2015, 02:11 PM
I don't know how they will fair against NDSU in the dome. I think that is their biggest problem. Plus, I don't think a lot of people are betting against NDSU to begin with.

I'm willing to bet a shiny nickle that if JSU and PSU swapped spots in the braket that PSU would have a lot more votes and JSU would have next to none.
They have possible matchups with ISUr and NDSU and I think that's why they aren't getting the amount of recognition they deserve.

NDSU has to get there first....

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2015, 02:12 PM
NDSU has to get there first....
True, but given the amount of votes NDSU has a lot of people are expecting them to get there.

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2015, 02:30 PM

I said all along that I thought UNI wins one and then loses. When we got matched up with Portland State I started feeling much better about winning a second game...

JALMOND
November 27th, 2015, 02:33 PM

Players and fans alike, we've gone through the whole season just concentrating on the next opponent, like this season has been a dream and we are afraid to wake up. Interesting in that, with both Montana and Southern Utah playing the same day, most of us will be in tune to the EIU/UNI game, just because we don't know much of either potential opponent. Ask any of us right now if we think we have a shot at the NC and none would say we do. But at the beginning of the year, if you would have said we'd be a seed in the playoffs with a home game in the second round and we all would have called you crazy, yet look at us now.

jmufan999
November 27th, 2015, 02:36 PM
i picked NDSU. if you want a dark horse, i'll take Richmond. you get a different Spiders team depending on the game. watch the JMU game, and you see a flawless performance. perfect execution from start to finish, at least on offense. watch the UR/UNH game and you see a QB that is consistently making mistakes. if the good Richmond shows up, they could make some noise. the only other team i trust on the other side of the bracket is potentially Jax St. could maybe see SHSU getting to the NC game based on experience, but i don't see them winning it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2015, 02:41 PM
I said all along that I thought UNI wins one and then loses. When we got matched up with Portland State I started feeling much better about winning a second game...

This here.

UNI's DL is going to give PSU a lot of trouble IMO. Athletic and quick. I really like #93 Schult and #99 Reth. I thought NDSU would be able to easily move them around but they were quick off the ball and made a lot of plays against the Bison. Plus, both are back next year...xsmhxxthumbsupx

That is why I love UNI/NDSU matchups. Both are very physical teams that beat your ass up!!

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2015, 02:42 PM
This here.

UNI's DL is going to give PSU a lot of trouble IMO. Athletic and quick. I really like #93 Schult and #99 Reth. I thought NDSU would be able to easily move them around but they were quick off the ball and made a lot of plays against the Bison. Plus, both are back next year...xsmhxxthumbsupx

That is why I love UNI/NDSU matchups. Both are very physical teams that beat your ass up!!

Portland State just has some rough losses and some other close ones. Makes me hesitant to pick them.

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2015, 02:43 PM
I think the ISUr vs. Richmond/William & Mary quarterfinal matchup could be interesting.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I think the ISUr vs. Richmond/William & Mary quarterfinal matchup could be interesting.

W & M has a very good defense. If they get by Richmond, that game will be a good one IMO. Have to root for the W & M in that one....:D

Grizalltheway
November 27th, 2015, 02:46 PM

Yeah I remember hearing all about how physical UNI was in 2011...turned out a lot like that whole "Southern speed" thing...

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Yeah I remember hearing all about how physical UNI was in 2011...turned out a lot like that whole "Southern speed" thing...

Hey, are you guys actually going to win the prerequisite playoff game this year before your trip to Fargo or are you going to piss it down your legs again.... :D

Grizalltheway
November 27th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Hey, are you guys actually going to win the prerequisite playoff game this year before your trip to Fargo or are you going to piss it down your legs again.... :D

I'll get back to you a little over 24 hours from now.xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2015, 02:51 PM

2011 UNI team had a very physical team. I watched that UNI/Montana game and Montana played "lights out" in that game. JJ was huge. He rushed for something like a 100 yards on top of a good passing day. Hey, sometimes a team is just better on a particular day and Montana proved it.

Grizalltheway
November 27th, 2015, 02:59 PM
2011 UNI team had a very physical team. I watched that UNI/Montana game and Montana played "lights out" in that game. JJ was huge. He rushed for something like a 100 yards on top of a good passing day. Hey, sometimes a team is just better on a particular day and Montana proved it.

I agree, just saying that it's not just Valley teams that can punch you in the mouth. Portland State is anything but a finesse team, on both sides of the ball.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2015, 03:02 PM
I agree, just saying that it's not just Valley teams that can punch you in the mouth. Portland State is anything but a finesse team, on both sides of the ball.

I haven't watched Portland State much except for some of the UND game. They could be a physical team, IDK. But I have witnessed UNI in person this year and they have a tough defense. Their D-line is very good.

I suspect PSU is a good team. Should be a good match up.

Bisonator
November 27th, 2015, 07:38 PM
I picked Illinois State. Home field advantage gets them back to Frisco and they get it done this year. Brock Spack leaves for an FBS gig.

Bisonwinagn
November 27th, 2015, 08:41 PM
W & M has a very good defense. If they get by Richmond, that game will be a good one IMO. Have to root for the W & M in that one....:D

Maybe but Richmond is a better passing team and has a better chance of scoring. I think it takes 35 to beat ISUr and Richmond could do it.

jsualumnus
November 27th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Yeah, that Wazzu team wasn't that tough apparently... 45-10 UDub??? What, the freshman QB was the problem? They should have never been #20! A 5-6 Washington team beat the crap out them... It also means the PSU win against them apparently wasn't all that hard. Just sayin....

FCSwatcher
November 27th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Yeah, that Wazzu team wasn't that tough apparently... 45-10 UDub??? What, the freshman QB was the problem? They should have never been #20! A 5-6 Washington team beat the crap out them... It also means the PSU win against them apparently wasn't all that hard. Just sayin....

Anything can and does happen in rivalry games.

So......Since NDSU lost to USD that means NDSU shouldn't be seeded, and the Montana win over NDSU was......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paward
November 27th, 2015, 09:23 PM
This is the one time I do not mind being a Homer. Spiders win it all!

jsualumnus
November 27th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Awesome???? (Sorry NDSU fans). NDSU should absolutely be seeded and high. The crown is theirs until they lose it.

JALMOND
November 28th, 2015, 01:05 AM

PSU did something both Oregon and UCLA couldn't do. Just sayin...xsmiley_wix

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2015, 01:08 AM
PSU did something both Oregon and UCLA couldn't do. Just sayin...xsmiley_wix

Lose to North Dakota? :D

Bison56
November 28th, 2015, 10:26 AM

Ouch

JALMOND
November 28th, 2015, 10:37 AM

That, too. xlolx

xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2015, 10:40 AM

I wouldn't be talking yet, bro. Alabama may still knock the crap out of Auburn.

mamberso
November 28th, 2015, 11:10 AM
NDSU

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

jsualumnus
November 28th, 2015, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't be talking yet, bro. Alabama may still knock the crap out of Auburn.

It's early, but Auburn looks good! We want Auburn to win this game...

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2015, 04:05 PM
It's early, but Auburn looks good! We want Auburn to win this game...

I know! Auburn is giving Alabama all they want!

X-Factor
November 28th, 2015, 05:56 PM
After today's loss to Colgate everyone should realize why dw reacted the way he did. For the same reason people hate the Patriots (minus the cheating arrangements).

UNHWildcat18
November 28th, 2015, 06:17 PM
After today's loss to Colgate everyone should realize why dw reacted the way he did. For the same reason people hate the Patriots (minus the cheating arrangements).

Yeah we we did play pretty poor lol regardless Colgate out played us. Not sure why he gets so mad that I don't root for you guys to win (since that's all you bleeping do). A Maine poster could root for UNH to lose on every game thread and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Really excited for the Griz NDSU rematch!