PDA

View Full Version : Duqusene vs. W&M Tribe- Preview

Stonewall D
November 24th, 2015, 04:12 PM
The match-up between Duquesne and W&M will be hard fought. Duquesne can expect the Tribe to bring their best. The keys for Duquesne will be 1) to pressure the Tribe's QB- Cluley, 2) to contain the run- the Tribe has 2 very good running backs, and 3) to limit turnovers. W&M will be physical and will motivated.

When Cluley is pressured, he tends to make mistakes. Duquesne will have to take away Cluley's ability to make short passes. He is not particularly strong at making intermediate passes or long passes. They should focus their efforts blitzing and stacking the box. If Cluley is pressured he will throw interceptions. Duquesne will need to be in his face the entire game.

Duquesne will need to force Cluley to beat them with intermediate or long throws. Cluley is much less accurate on intermediate and long throws, especially throws to his right side.

W&M will need to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. If W&M's horses up front can open holes for Kendall Anderson and Mikhail Abdul Saboor (not sure of spelling), the Tribe will be able to establish the run. They will then be able to use the play action passing to their advantage.

Duqusene will have to bring their A game.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Predictions???

tribe_pride
November 24th, 2015, 04:34 PM
With respect to Cluley, are your comments only based on the Richmond game? He has only thrown 5 INTs all season - 3 just happened to be against Richmond, his worst game by far. Only 2 in his previous 282 pass attempts and a good number of those 282 pass attempts were with pressure. He has also done well on the deep ball this season. Just so happens that Richmond played well and the Tribe (and Cluley) played very poorly on offense. 1 game does not make a scouting report.

Correct about the running game though. Also, assume Mainsah is Mikal Abdul-Saboor

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Whats the spread on this game?

tribe_pride
November 24th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Tribe favored by 22 on 5dimes

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2015, 04:55 PM
42-17 tribe

KPSUL
November 24th, 2015, 07:37 PM
42-17 tribe

Sounds about right.

32counter
November 24th, 2015, 08:07 PM
The Tribe will score as many points as they want to.Men vs Boys game.Duquesne lost to Dayton by 11 and Bryant by 21 and Albany by 3 during the regular season.All away games.WM is far superior to Albany.Jimmye will be kind and substitute freely on both sides of the ball beginning in the 2nd half.The Tribe could play only all the Marys on campus and let the Bills take the day off and still win this game.

http://richmond.forums.rivals.com/threads/tribe-opposition-duquesne.5048/

Sandlapper Spike
November 24th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Tribe favored by 22 on 5dimes

It's the biggest spread among the eight playoff games this Saturday.

Stonewall D
November 24th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Looking for some insight from the Duquesne side. IMHO, Tribe 45 Duquesne 10. W&M tunes up for UR.

Stonewall D
November 24th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Also, assume Mainsah is Mikal Abdul-Saboor
Thanks for the tip. Change made.

Sitting Bull
November 27th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Game time set for 3:30 on Saturday. Forecast for a beautiful day, 71 degrees and sunny.

This is the first playoff game for the seniors at W&M. I think they will have a workmanlike game with a result similar to our opener at Lafayette. Prediction 37-6 which will include a Carson XP return.

Tribe has hosted 8 playoff games with a home record of 5-3.

This will be Duquesne's first appearance. The NEC is 1-5 all time in the playoffs, Wagner picking up an opening round win vs. Colgate a few years ago.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Game time set for 3:30 on Saturday. Forecast for a beautiful day, 71 degrees and sunny.

This is the first playoff game for the seniors at W&M. I think they will have a workmanlike game with a result similar to our opener at Lafayette. Prediction 37-6 which will include a Carson XP return.

Tribe has hosted 8 playoff games with a home record of 5-3.

This will be Duquesne's first appearance. The NEC is 1-5 all time in the playoffs, Wagner picking up an opening round win vs. Colgate a few years ago.

Sounds like a long day for the Dukes. We played a legit first half against the Tribe then the program differentials kicked in. According to our AD (a Tribe grad) there are more Tribe vs Pard games coming up.

Sitting Bull
November 27th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Sounds like a long day for the Dukes. We played a legit first half against the Tribe then the program differentials kicked in. According to our AD (a Tribe grad) there are more Tribe vs Pard games coming up.

Really enjoyed the hospitality and atmosphere at Lafayette this year. Great news on renewal of the series should it happen. Offers both quality OOC opponents and terrific football environments.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Really enjoyed the hospitality and atmosphere at Lafayette this year. Great news on renewal of the series should it happen. Offers both quality OOC opponents and terrific football environments.

Indeed! Schedule issues prevented my seeing in person (but did so on web) any of these games but want to get to Williamsburg for one for sure! Never been down there except to Virginia Beach.

Terry2889
November 27th, 2015, 01:26 PM

I thought Wagner beat Villanova?

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2015, 01:34 PM
I thought Wagner beat Villanova?

No, but Penn did this year in a major, major upset.

Go...gate
November 28th, 2015, 01:11 AM
W & M 35-13.

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Who has a link to the Duke-Tribe game today. My friend has never watched a game on the web and her GPS says she will be arriving in King of Prussia about gametime and she is a Duke grad. I will send it to her. Thanks!

aceinthehole
November 28th, 2015, 02:56 PM
ESPN3

Dukes up 14-0 on Tribe.

Go NEC!

downbythebeach
November 28th, 2015, 02:56 PM
14- 0 duq in the 1st

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Wow...the Dukes surprising. Kind of like Pards up over App State in 2005 - ten years ago - in first 14-3.

downbythebeach
November 28th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Espn states duquesne has 36 scholarships

grizband
November 28th, 2015, 03:09 PM
TD William & Mary, game tied at 14!

aceinthehole
November 28th, 2015, 03:10 PM
All tied at 14 in Q1.

grizband
November 28th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Wow, that kick returner for Duquesen is quick! Almost broke a kick return for TD, saved by the kicker...

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Wow...the Dukes surprising. Kind of like Pards up over App State in 2005 - ten years ago - in first 14-3.

Final was 34-23..It was tied 20-20 mid 4th. Wow so the Tribe finally awoke!

seattlespider
November 28th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Massive cheap shot by a Duquesne player. He should be out of the game.

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Score update please? Im not in viewing capacity

centennial
November 28th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Score update please? Im not in viewing capacity
28-14 W&M

hebmskebm
November 28th, 2015, 04:19 PM
28-24 W&M at the half

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2015, 04:26 PM
28-24 W&M at the half

Wow - great showing so far by the Dukes!! They are 22 point dogs here.

- - - Updated - - -

28-24 W&M at the half

Confirm that score - not a typo?? Dukes scored 10 after the 28-14 post?? - please advise.

kdinva
November 28th, 2015, 04:28 PM
W&M better get serious.....

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2015, 04:41 PM
W&M better get serious.....

So it is true 28-24 at half...wow

seattlespider
November 28th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Some terrible officiating in this game.

CID1990
November 28th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Some terrible officiating in this game.

SoCon crew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdinva
November 28th, 2015, 05:42 PM
Tribe up 45-38, but just lost a fumble inside the Dukes' 30, 9 minutes to go....

kdinva
November 28th, 2015, 05:43 PM
and the Duq QB throws a pick, W&M ball

kdinva
November 28th, 2015, 05:45 PM
....and two plays later Cluley loses a fumble.. Duq ball @ W&M 20, 7:35 to go.

kdinva
November 28th, 2015, 05:48 PM
duqusene with the FG. 45-41; 7:02 to go...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2015, 05:55 PM
After seeing games today that featured some horrific uniforms this game is refreshing. Both teams look sharp!

MacThor
November 28th, 2015, 05:59 PM
One sided officiating.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

kdinva
November 28th, 2015, 05:59 PM
W&M moves 68 yards, all on the ground, scores, 52-41, under 3:30 to play.....

Schism55
November 28th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Tribe D, yikes

kdinva
November 28th, 2015, 06:08 PM
but duquesne does not quit, drives and scores, gets two pt. PAT, 52-49, 1:11 on the clock.

kdinva
November 28th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Tribe recovers the onside kick.....

kdinva
November 28th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Tribe survives 52-49.........Spiders offensive platoon waiting......

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 28th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Very entertaining game. I was really impressed by Duquesne's effort.

Tribal
November 28th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Ulcer anyone?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

32counter
November 28th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Duquesne had ball on Tribe 6.Down 7 in 3rd Q.Going for FG.Blocked and run back by WM for TD.Backbreaker and 10 point swing.Duquense left points on the field.Score goes to WM 38 DUQ 24.
Shoulda,coulda,woulda....

05:34 WM - Houston-Carson 65 yd blocked FG return (Nick Dorka kick)

spdram
November 28th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I knew Duquesne had a good team, a number of BCS transfers, but thought they would wear down. Kudos to the Dukes for a great effort and to the Tribe for hanging in tough. See you next week at the Brick House

knucklehead
November 28th, 2015, 09:18 PM
One of the most entertaining games I've been to in a long time. Hats off to Duquesne. Great effort. And I could hear Danny Rocco licking his lips all the way from Richmond. That Tribe D better find itself this week. Just a great game and a great day.

blackbeard
November 28th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Great effort by the Dukes. NEC was well represented!

tribefan40
November 28th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Back from the game and wow did Duquense come to play tonight. From where I was sitting they looked like the best offense we played this year, and they executed a spot-on game plan to perfection. Dline was tough as nails and didn't wear down until the bitter end.

Now that I've given credit where it's due:

Worst officiating I've ever experienced @ Zable and dirtiest/chipiest team I've seen live. Still can't believe they didn't catch the hit on Dedmon...

tribefan40
November 28th, 2015, 09:34 PM
One of the most entertaining games I've been to in a long time. Hats off to Duquesne. Great effort. And I could hear Danny Rocco licking his lips all the way from Richmond. That Tribe D better find itself this week. Just a great game and a great day.

Rocco's probably wondering how his spiders only managed 20 a week ago on that defense. It's rivalry week, take 2. All bets are off.

knucklehead
November 28th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Back from the game and wow did Duquense come to play tonight. From where I was sitting they looked like the best offense we played this year, and they executed a spot-on game plan to perfection. Dline was tough as nails and didn't wear down until the bitter end.

Now that I've given credit where it's due:

Worst officiating I've ever experienced @ Zable and dirtiest/chipiest team I've seen live. Still can't believe they didn't catch the hit on Dedmon...

Hit on Dedmon was dirty and nasty. If you want to see it well watch the espn3 replay, I hear a terrific camera op had it covered.

Tribe4SF
November 29th, 2015, 04:57 AM
Buechel was the best QB we faced all year. If he played like that all year the Dukes would have been undefeated. He was money. Very good receiving corps, and impressive game plan from coaches. Cheap shots aside, the Dukes played physical and never quit. Impressed!

Pards Rule
November 29th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Hit on Dedmon was dirty and nasty. If you want to see it well watch the espn3 replay, I hear a terrific camera op had it covered.

Well my Duke grad friend was texting me updates as I was out to dinner and couldn't watch but an outstanding effort by the Dukes. NEC well repped and Colgate beats UNH for our Patriot League handily up in Durham. Autobid lives! What wasn't the dude tossed for targeting then on the hit on your Dedmon?

Tribe4SF
November 29th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Well my Duke grad friend was texting me updates as I was out to dinner and couldn't watch but an outstanding effort by the Dukes. NEC well repped and Colgate beats UNH for our Patriot League handily up in Durham. Autobid lives! What wasn't the dude tossed for targeting then on the hit on your Dedmon?

Refs missed it completely. No penalty called. Should have been targeting as he went helmet-to-helmet with clear intent.

aceinthehole
November 29th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Great effort by the Dukes. NEC was well represented!

Agreed. Not bad for a 36-scholarship team.

Will Duquesne get a top-25 spot in the final poll?

Also, what do the Dukes return for next year and who do they play in non-conference?

hebmskebm
November 29th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Also, what do the Dukes return for next year and who do they play in non-conference?

Unconfirmed, but I saw on another board their OOC next year is Youngstown St., Jacksonville, Dayton, Bucknell, and Kennesaw St. The latter three being home games.

MacThor
November 29th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Well, the refs did make up for it with two ticky-tack 15 yarders that went the Tribe's way late in the game.

aceinthehole
November 29th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Unconfirmed, but I saw on another board their OOC next year is Youngstown St., Jacksonville, Dayton, Bucknell, and Kennesaw St. The latter three being home games.

That is a good schedule for them. Much better than playing 2 D-II schools, like they did this year.

YSU is a nice reach game that is a short bus ride away. Dayton and Jacksonville are the best of the non-Ivy, non-scholarship teams. Bucknell is a nice PL team from the region and Kennesaw is ramping-up to full schollys in the Big South.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Agreed. Not bad for a 36-scholarship team.

Will Duquesne get a top-25 spot in the final poll?

I had them in my preseason poll. Good chance they end the year ranked. I picked them to win the NEC before the season. They have a lot of talent 1-35 or so....

aceinthehole
November 29th, 2015, 01:11 PM
I had them in my preseason poll. Good chance they end the year ranked. I picked them to win the NEC before the season. They have a lot of talent 1-35 or so....

IMO - It was hard to rank them this yeat with 2 D-II games on the schedule, but based on winning the NEC and the showing in Williamsburg, I could see them sneaking in around 22-25 in the final/preseason.

FWIW, I had SHU pegged as the preseason ranked team out of the NEC, but knew that they had a lot of losses to graduation. Bryant was on the cusp of the top-25 around mid-season, but like Fordham faded down the stretch.

Pards Rule
November 29th, 2015, 05:54 PM
That is a good schedule for them. Much better than playing 2 D-II schools, like they did this year.

YSU is a nice reach game that is a short bus ride away. Dayton and Jacksonville are the best of the non-Ivy, non-scholarship teams. Bucknell is a nice PL team from the region and Kennesaw is ramping-up to full schollys in the Big South.

Kennesaw State beat Monmouth Univ this year down in Georgia.

Sitting Bull
November 30th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Tribe highlights

http://www.tribeathletics.com/news/2015/11/29/FB_1129150154.aspx

RedFlash
November 30th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Duquesne will most likely be the preseason NEC favorite. They lose 4 on offense including their LT and top two wide outs. On defense they lose 5 of their starters including all 3 defensive lineman and two LB's in a 3-4 system. They've had success getting FBS transfers so I'd look for them to try to find some lineman to shore up both sides of the ball. Their well coached and should be in the mix again for the playoffs.

DetroitFlyer
December 1st, 2015, 10:31 AM
Interesting to see the talk of the Dukes being ranked.... Dayton beat the Dukes this year and no talk of ranking the Flyers....

RedFlash
December 1st, 2015, 11:08 AM
Interesting to see the talk of the Dukes being ranked.... Dayton beat the Dukes this year and no talk of ranking the Flyers....

True, but it's all about "what have you done for me lately." Compare Dayton's loss to Drake (albeit in a meaningless end of season game) and 17 point loss to WIU to Duquesne's win over SFU (in the de facto NEC Championship game) and a 3 point loss in a wild first round playoff game and you can see why they are getting some buzz.