PDA

View Full Version : UND Is Going to Smash Teams Next Year

Pages : 1 [2]

Bison56
September 2nd, 2016, 10:53 AM
"I think last night was an attempt to win without showing much and it almost worked. I'm quite sure they plan to put Santiago in the slot at times throughout the season. Why didn't they do it last night? I believe it's an attempt to not show everything they got.

It was a strategic moral loss last night based on this post from a UND'er.

xcrazyx

Wisent
September 2nd, 2016, 10:56 AM
Didn't stop you guys from putting Notre Dame's logo on your helmet for a few years.

Don't forget the Blackhawks logo.

Wisent
September 2nd, 2016, 11:04 AM
Are you trying to tell me that 196k sq feet is bigger than 149k sq feet? And a 100 yard field is longer than an 80 yard field?

Huh......I think that is a trolling fail for the jack :)

Either way, it's pretty pathetic when teams have to resort to comparing the size of their practice facilities.

IBleedYellow
September 2nd, 2016, 11:11 AM
"If they turn out to be good and UND can win 8 games then this loss will look much better in the committee's eyes. If Stony Brook goes 5-6 then it will look bad. Good losses are better than average wins."

Dear God. They seriously think that.

NDSUFREAK
September 2nd, 2016, 11:14 AM
"If they turn out to be good and UND can win 8 games then this loss will look much better in the committee's eyes. If Stony Brook goes 5-6 then it will look bad. Good losses are better than average wins."

If we had our own Preposterous Statement Tournament this would be a #1 overall seed.

UNIFanSince1983
September 2nd, 2016, 11:15 AM
At least try to know what you're talking about when you reply. Life is too short to be such a salty ass.

Wait I am wrong?

And who is salty? Sounds like you are pretty salty about this loss. Were you up all night crying them salty tears?

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2016, 11:16 AM

Quit going to SS and bringing back quotes to here. Colossally lame.

Which is weird, cause in the other thread about which FCS sites people visit nobody mentioned SS. Huh.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2016, 11:18 AM
Wait I am wrong?

And who is salty? Sounds like you are pretty salty about this loss. Were you up all night crying them salty tears?

Yep you are. Stop being so salty all the time. Life is too short.

UNIFanSince1983
September 2nd, 2016, 11:21 AM

You guys are like a high school just see some college with a cool logo and rip that off as much as you can. Man I thought UND was better than that.

Bison56
September 2nd, 2016, 11:24 AM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdOElIWcxpRWiXj3YA1yQ5ioT58MWDT CEWdPZJNjxtcwxpbcCvjQ (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwji8KSTjPHOAhXB5CYKHVdjAvgQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DL2 B4MnSiIew&bvm=bv.131669213,d.cGc&psig=AFQjCNGDLGFLzaXQyncSsIar-1Ii44yeJw&ust=1472919819840174)

Bison56
September 2nd, 2016, 11:26 AM

We will call you
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23456&stc=1

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2016, 11:26 AM
The gang is almost here. C'mon, rest of MVFC I know your reading. Do it.

Bison56
September 2nd, 2016, 11:28 AM
The gang is almost here. C'mon, rest of MVFC I know your reading. Do it.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/140/155/3155140.jpeg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjQpdKWjfHOAhUGKiYKHcvODqQQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbal.247sports.com%2FImage%2F82287-Starsky-Hutch-DO-IT-meme-PQXxjpeg-3155140&psig=AFQjCNHwSIrowb6bQfvnf9Pnz3twj8ihkQ&ust=1472920113973584)

NDSUFREAK
September 2nd, 2016, 11:30 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23457&stc=1

Redbird007
September 2nd, 2016, 11:33 AM
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/140/155/3155140.jpeg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjQpdKWjfHOAhUGKiYKHcvODqQQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbal.247sports.com%2FImage%2F82287-Starsky-Hutch-DO-IT-meme-PQXxjpeg-3155140&psig=AFQjCNHwSIrowb6bQfvnf9Pnz3twj8ihkQ&ust=1472920113973584)

This is the one you need.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6P40wLThbc

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2016, 11:35 AM
Quit going to SS and bringing back quotes to here. Colossally lame.

Which is weird, cause in the other thread about which FCS sites people visit nobody mentioned SS. Huh.

Yep, I pulled quote off of another site and it is probably the only time I would ever do but I was reading the game day thread and that thing popped up and it was just begging to be shared with the outside world.

Thumper 76
September 2nd, 2016, 11:39 AM
Either way, it's pretty pathetic when teams have to resort to comparing the size of their practice facilities.

It was the offseason. Speaking of practice facilities, isn't it your turn on the air pump to keep the bubble inflated? Or do they just put a couple NDSU fans in there and let them keep blowing their hot air for a couple hours and rotate?

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2016, 11:41 AM
UND Smash what??
http://img.pandawhale.com/87550-you-can-do-it-gif-Imgur-l9BM.gif

centennial
September 2nd, 2016, 12:14 PM
UND's QB lost them the game. He should've been pulled. Compete crap performance. HS QB's throw better than him.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2016, 12:20 PM
UND's QB lost them the game. He should've been pulled. Compete crap performance. HS QB's throw better than him.

He was off and bad, yep. Very strange considering how well he played all camp and the end of last year. The backups are F'n terrible so there is no way he was coming out, however.

centennial
September 2nd, 2016, 12:40 PM
He was off and bad, yep. Very strange considering how well he played all camp and the end of last year. The backups are F'n terrible so there is no way he was coming out, however.

Does UND have a dedicated QB coach? It has helped NDSU a lot.

JayJ79
September 2nd, 2016, 01:08 PM
"I think last night was an attempt to win without showing much and it almost worked. I'm quite sure they plan to put Santiago in the slot at times throughout the season. Why didn't they do it last night? I believe it's an attempt to not show everything they got.

It was a strategic moral loss last night based on this post from a UND'er.

http://iheartinspiration.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/the-risk-i-took-was-calculated.jpg

Twentysix
September 2nd, 2016, 01:16 PM
http://iheartinspiration.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/the-risk-i-took-was-calculated.jpg

http://memeguy.com/photos/images/i-immediately-regret-this-decision-31554.gif

TheKingpin28
September 2nd, 2016, 04:49 PM
Too much salt and not enough pepper

PantherRob82
September 2nd, 2016, 05:05 PM
Maybe they just needed one more week before smashing people. This week is when the gym results really show up.

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2016, 05:58 AM
Care to explain?

Richmond over the all might unbeatable MVFC Illinois State last year to start off with

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2016, 07:09 AM
Richmond over the all might unbeatable MVFC Illinois State last year to start off with

That was a fluke (not really, that was awesome actually) and the planets were then properly aligned the following weekend. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2016, 07:52 AM

and followed up by the dismantling by NDSU.....next

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 3rd, 2016, 08:36 AM
xpopcornx

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2016, 10:43 AM
and followed up by the dismantling by NDSU.....next

your helping to make the point, NDSU and who? One trick pony, Paul McCartney and Wings.....

BisonBacker
September 3rd, 2016, 10:47 AM
your helping to make the point, NDSU and who? One trick pony, Paul McCartney and Wings.....

Easy for you to say that when teams like UNI who would likely challenge for the trip to Frisco and win it have to go through Fargo to get there. If you believe the MVFC is a one trick pony you are delirious.

Thumper 76
September 3rd, 2016, 11:02 AM

You mean like the year before where it was two MVFC teams? Pretty easy to say that when teams like SDSU from the valley get exclusively sent to Fargo and sometimes to Missioula, or some years they get both. I would kill for SDSU to get UTC or anybody east of the Mississippi.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2016, 11:45 AM

The Valley is not a one trick pony. Ill State was in the NC championship game, UNI has consistently been a top FCS program and SDSU has now turned into a consistent playoff team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2016, 11:47 AM
You mean like the year before where it was two MVFC teams? Pretty easy to say that when teams like SDSU from the valley get exclusively sent to Fargo and sometimes to Missioula, or some years they get both. I would kill for SDSU to get UTC or anybody east of the Mississippi.

The SDSU team of '14 could have made the NC game if they were not sent thru Fargo.

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2016, 11:47 AM
Easy for you to say that when teams like UNI who would likely challenge for the trip to Frisco and win it have to go through Fargo to get there. If you believe the MVFC is a one trick pony you are delirious.

you can make that argument for teams from all over the country just not the MVFC, Northern Iowa loses to the Bison just like everyone else does

Thumper 76
September 3rd, 2016, 11:52 AM
you can make that argument for teams from all over the country just not the MVFC, Northern Iowa loses to the Bison just like everyone else does

No you can't. Because the eastern teams don't get sent through Fargo, and the rare times they do they tend to get destroyed (Richmond). That's an incredibly weak argument when it pertains to calling the Valley a one trick pony. If anything look at the Valleys OOC vs FCS record over the last five years. It's something line 120-27. I don't think NDSU has played 120 OOC games in five years.....

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2016, 12:31 PM
until anybody beats NDSU in January the entire FCS is a one trick pony... 5 years and counting, Now if NDSU would cross the street from the Middle school and go play the high school, FCS would be pretty interesting.

Thumper 76
September 3rd, 2016, 02:02 PM
until anybody beats NDSU in January the entire FCS is a one trick pony... 5 years and counting, Now if NDSU would cross the street from the Middle school and go play the high school, FCS would be pretty interesting.

Nice job back pedaling. Don't run your mouth about the MVFC being a one trick pony and then try to flip it later. xcoffeex

semobison
September 3rd, 2016, 02:16 PM

NDSU has lost 5 games since 2011. 4 of those were against Valley teams. 3 of those teams failed to make the playoffs. The UNI's and SDSU's may not be much better than the CAA or some other conference champs most seasons but the 5th through 8th place Valley teams would be playoff teams in most other conferences. The Valley is deep and has proven so in OOC match ups!

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2016, 06:01 PM
NDSU has lost 5 games since 2011. 4 of those were against Valley teams!

could it be because you play in the MVFC?

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2016, 06:04 PM
Nice job back pedaling. Don't run your mouth about the MVFC being a one trick pony and then try to flip it later. xcoffeex

Richmond! pretty good FCS team, beats Illinois State pretty handily and gets destroyed by the Bison, by the way, Richmond is having there way with ACC Virginia today, the Bison carry that Conference from the interior

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2016, 06:07 PM
The Valley is not a one trick pony. Ill State was in the NC championship game, UNI has consistently been a top FCS program and SDSU has now turned into a consistent playoff team.

When was the last time a team from the MVFC not including the Bison won the National Championship? Just asking, I didn't research it, I don't remember any and went back a while thru the memory..

Thumper 76
September 3rd, 2016, 06:07 PM
Richmond! pretty good FCS team, beats Illinois State pretty handily and gets destroyed by the Bison, by the way, Richmond is having there way with ACC Virginia today, the Bison carry that Conference from the interior

Keep telling yourself that. One win for the CAA over a MVFC team and miraculously the entire conference is garbage and riding NDSUs coat tails. That makes sense......

BisonFan02
September 3rd, 2016, 06:11 PM

Probably....it's a really tough conference. Our loss total would be lower if we didnt. :D

Bisonator
September 3rd, 2016, 06:17 PM
Keep telling yourself that. One win for the CAA over a MVFC team and miraculously the entire conference is garbage and riding NDSUs coat tails. That makes sense......
Surprised it took this long to figure out. xcoffeex

Thumper 76
September 3rd, 2016, 06:18 PM
Surprised it took this long to figure out. xcoffeex

I'm pretty slow on the uptake

Bisonator
September 3rd, 2016, 06:20 PM
I'm pretty slow on the uptake

Lol work on it:D

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
September 3rd, 2016, 06:24 PM
Hey now, lets get this thread back on track. UND is overrated and should be laughed at. #leavenodoubt

Bisonator
September 3rd, 2016, 06:25 PM
Hey now, lets get this thread back on track. UND is overrated and should be laughed at. #leavenodoubt
I think that's been beat to death......

at least until next week. xlolx

BisonBacker
September 3rd, 2016, 06:26 PM

Then why don't the OOC teams step it up and make a game of it? So far CSU seems to be the only one in OOC play in the FCS that has done so in the last several years.

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2016, 06:30 PM
Then why don't the OOC teams step it up and make a game of it? So far CSU seems to be the only one in OOC play in the FCS that has done so in the last several years.

and most Bison fans were shocked by it

MSUBobcat
September 3rd, 2016, 07:13 PM

I guess last year's game against the Griz didn't count. Ugh. Can't believe I just said that.

Twentysix
September 3rd, 2016, 07:55 PM
I guess last year's game against the Griz didn't count. Ugh. Can't believe I just said that.

Lmao i was thinking the same thing. Some people's kids.

Da Bison
September 3rd, 2016, 09:05 PM
Keep in mind the Griz game was the back end of a home and home.
We actually fulfilled our end of the deal.

How about the Bobcats................?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

dakotadan
September 4th, 2016, 12:25 AM
UNI and SDSU: the 5 time defending Would Have Been National Champs.

Thumper 76
September 4th, 2016, 12:36 AM
UNI and SDSU: the 5 time defending Would Have Been National Champs.

UND, 5 time playoff viewership champions. You get sent to either of those places should you schlep into the playoffs you get beat by two TDs. Bank on it. And I NEVER make those predictions.

dewey
September 4th, 2016, 12:41 AM
UND, 5 time playoff viewership champions. You get sent to either of those places should you schlep into the playoffs you get beat by two TDs. Bank on it. And I NEVER make those predictions.

UND only getting beat by 2 TD's at the Fargodome? In the playoffs? NDSU would piss pound them worse than last year. SDSU would absolutely own UND this year.

It is funny a UND fan mocking SDSU for losing in Fargo in the playoffs when UND has yet to make the playoffsxlolx

Dewey

Thumper 76
September 4th, 2016, 12:51 AM
UND only getting beat by 2 TD's at the Fargodome? In the playoffs? NDSU would piss pound them worse than last year. SDSU would absolutely own UND this year.

It is funny a UND fan mocking SDSU for losing in Fargo in the playoffs when UND has yet to make the playoffsxlolx

Dewey

I was more referencing them playing at UNI and SDSU, but I agree with you. I wasn't trying to get too crazy with my prediction on how that would turn out. But based solely on week one results, it wouldn't be pretty.

Bisonoline
September 4th, 2016, 01:02 AM

Dewey

Its UND. That shouldnt surprise anyone. xnodx

dakotadan
September 4th, 2016, 02:06 PM
No. UND is the defending "Would have been National Champs if we had made the playoffs".

I wasn't mocking anyone for losing in Fargo. I just find it humorous the handful of fans that keep beating the "we would have been National Champs" as if it's a fact.

KPSUL
September 4th, 2016, 03:06 PM
The SDSU team of '14 could have made the NC game if they were not sent thru Fargo.

Regardless of which side of the bracket they had played in the 2014 playoffs, they would have had to beat either NDSU or ISUr somewhere along the way to have made it all the way to Frisco since those were the two team who played in the championship game. They lost soundly to both teams during regular season conference play, so I'm not sure what you're basing your argument on.

Thumper 76
September 4th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Regardless of which side of the bracket they had played in the 2014 playoffs, they would have had to beat either NDSU or ISUr somewhere along the way to have made it all the way to Frisco since those were the two team who played in the championship game. They lost soundly to both teams during regular season conference play, so I'm not sure what you're basing your argument on.

The fact that they were a much better team after the first NDSU game. Lost in Fargo by 3 with Wentz throwing the go ahead TD with under a minute left in the game. I personally would have put big money in SDSU against ISUr in a second game.

However, nobody know what would have happened after that game, so it's really a dumb argument to have. The only reason I have it with people is I get tired of the CAA folks saying SDSU rides NDSUs coat tails when 4/5 years they made the playoffs they have been sent to Fargo or Missoula. With the new stadium around to be able to put in big bids, I would bet they make a lot more noise now that they can get some home games.

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2016, 06:22 PM
When was the last time a team from the MVFC not including the Bison won the National Championship? Just asking, I didn't research it, I don't remember any and went back a while thru the memory..

999 Mississippi 1000 Mississippi 1001 Mississippi.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2016, 06:25 PM

Pretty easy.

The way they were playing, if they were to play Ill State that year, IMO they would have beat them.

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 4th, 2016, 06:26 PM
I thought this was a slam Und thread, not a woulda, shoulda, coulda thread.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2016, 06:29 PM
I thought this was a slam Und thread, not a woulda, shoulda, coulda thread.

We're fans....we can do that.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2016, 07:01 PM
999 Mississippi 1000 Mississippi 1001 Mississippi.....

Youngstown State, a long time ago

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2016, 07:05 PM

Wasn't in the Valley/Gateway at the time (unless they were in 97....I'm too lazy to look). I'm going with WKU in 02.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Wasn't in the Valley/Gateway at the time (unless they were in 97....I'm too lazy to look). I'm going with WKU in 02.

****, WKU was in the Gateway conference so I supposed that NDSU is the only team in the MVFC to win the championship. I thought the question was about current teams in the MVFC and the last time one of them won a championship.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2016, 07:17 PM
****, WKU was in the Gateway conference so I supposed that NDSU is the only team in the MVFC to win the championship. I thought the question was about current teams in the MVFC and the last time one of them won a championship.

No worries...off of the top of my head, Nova won in 09...Richmond in 08...Delaware and JMU in 03 and 04....and that's it. UMASS too I suppose.

Take NDSU's 5....add in WKU, SIU...what are we talking about again? xlolx

I'm waiting for a fan of a SoCoN team to tell us all to go get our ****ing shineboxes. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Tough on the UND faithful when they could go 0-3 to finish the OOC season.....which they might do.

xlolx

caribbeanhen
September 6th, 2016, 11:59 PM

thanks POD, so the MVFC is a one trick Pony

Thumper 76
September 7th, 2016, 12:19 AM
No worries...off of the top of my head, Nova won in 09...Richmond in 08...Delaware and JMU in 03 and 04....and that's it. UMASS too I suppose.

I'm waiting for a fan of a SoCoN team to tell us all to go get our ****ing shineboxes. :D

Wait, so are you saying that the CAA basically hasn't had a pony for years since apparently making the championship doesn't count? Am I getting that right? Cause basically if the answer is that if a team from your conference doesn't win it all they don't count, and if you don't have multiple teams win it over a span you're all riding the coat tails.

So basically the CAA hasn't won it damn near since NDSU became eligible for the playoffs, is that correct? Pretty funny that all the coattail riding crap comes from a conference that has only even entered one horse into the Big Race during NDSUs run, and that's with rarely having a team get sent through Fargo. Meanwhile the MVFC has gotten two to the Chipper. What conference was coattail riding again?

POD Knows
September 7th, 2016, 12:38 AM
thanks POD, so the MVFC is a one trick Pony

Yep, the rest of the MVFC is our bitch but your problem is that the CAA and the rest of the crew isn't even part of the conversation.

caribbeanhen
September 7th, 2016, 12:42 AM
Yep, the rest of the MVFC is our bitch but your problem is that the CAA and the rest of the crew isn't even part of the conversation.

not in the mid-west aka AGS

ElCid
September 7th, 2016, 12:48 AM

Well, the SOCON does have 8 wins and 7 runner ups in the 38 years the championship has occurred and we moved down to IAA in 82 so we only really had 34 chances. Not too bad. OK, if you take out the teams no longer here the numbers drop to 1 champ and 3 runners up, sue me. Go get your box.:D

Thumper 76
September 7th, 2016, 01:13 AM

Right. It's AGS's fault that there are more MVFC fans on here than other conferences. Should we all go away so you can have your safe haven back? xcoffeex

Twentysix
September 7th, 2016, 02:52 AM

TBH I think YSU wasn't a member of the MVFC or (Gateway) at that time.

AmsterBison
September 7th, 2016, 07:52 AM
I saw a commercial for what I assume was UND football just the other day. It was kind of clever. Part of the bit was that they kept calling each other variants of "bro" - like "brotein shake" and "brofessor."

clenz
September 7th, 2016, 08:05 AM
TBH I think YSU wasn't a member of the MVFC or (Gateway) at that time.
But they were. They joined in 97

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 7th, 2016, 08:24 AM
I saw a commercial for what I assume was UND football just the other day. It was kind of clever. Part of the bit was that they kept calling each other variants of "bro" - like "brotein shake" and "brofessor."
So first they rip off Notre Dames logo and now Geicos intellectual property? What's next OUs winning streak? (They lost last week too)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
September 7th, 2016, 08:51 AM

Yeah, but what is Delaware's record against Northern Iowa? Oh wait, never mind...xbawlingx

AmsterBison
September 7th, 2016, 09:12 AM
So first they rip off Notre Dames logo and now Geicos intellectual property? What's next OUs winning streak? (They lost last week too)

Wait, that WAS a Geico commercial... my mistake. I saw dead-fish-belly white guys lifting weights and assumed it was a UND football commercial. Oops.

geaux_sioux
September 7th, 2016, 09:50 AM

We had the interlocking logo decades before Notre Dame. We had it on our football uniforms dating back to the 30's. Not sure why we didn't trademark it...

UNIFanSince1983
September 7th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Are there no Notre Dame shirts for sale in North Dakota?

PantherRob82
September 7th, 2016, 09:58 AM
We had the interlocking logo decades before Notre Dame. We had it on our football uniforms dating back to the 30's. Not sure why we didn't trademark it...

Maybe they had the foresight to realize you were going to waste way too much money in the future on legal battles. xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 7th, 2016, 10:49 AM
It's OK we took your land too!

PantherRob82
September 10th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Should have worked on 2 point conversions for a few minutes instead of bicep curls.

nodak651
September 11th, 2016, 01:34 AM
Should have worked on 2 point conversions for a few minutes instead of bicep curls.

What's your problem?

POD Knows
September 11th, 2016, 08:35 AM
What's your problem?

UNI can't beat Montana??

Bison56
September 11th, 2016, 08:54 AM

xlolx

PantherRob82
September 11th, 2016, 10:22 AM
What's your problem?

Too much free time? What's yours, out of kleenex? xbawlingx

nodak651
September 11th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Too much free time? What's yours, out of kleenex? xbawlingx

You lost too moron. No reason to be such a dick.

No_Skill
September 11th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Is USD next week a must win situation?

Bison56
September 11th, 2016, 10:40 AM

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 11th, 2016, 10:45 AM
What's your problem?

xbawlingx

PantherRob82
September 11th, 2016, 10:51 AM

We lost? Man, I must have missed that. Not sure what that has to do with a stupid post your fan made in November of last year. Eat a snickers. You're whiny when you're hungry. xcoffeex

- - - Updated - - -

Is USD next week a must win situation?

They worked out all off season and are young and mad. They'll stomp USD.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2016, 10:55 AM
We lost? Man, I must have missed that. Not sure what that has to do with a stupid post your fan made in November of last year. Eat a snickers. You're whiny when you're hungry. xcoffeex

UND "We are most unlucky football fanbase" quote by Nodak651. :D

Bison56
September 11th, 2016, 11:14 AM
UND "We are most unlucky football fanbase" quote by Nodak651. :D

F'N Hawks
September 11th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Should be noted that nobody from UND said anything about the game. Just UNI and NDSU fans trolling. Nice job guys.

taper
September 11th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Should be noted that nobody from UND said anything about the game. Just UNI and NDSU fans trolling. Nice job guys.

Do you realize how annoying UND fans must be if a team you've never played since going D1(UNI) is talking smack on you?

F'N Hawks
September 11th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Do you realize how annoying UND fans must be if a team you've never played since going D1(UNI) is talking smack on you?

Must be tough to deal with all three of us on here. Can't imagine.

PantherRob82
September 11th, 2016, 12:10 PM
It amazes me how poorly you guys take ribbing. JFC.

F'N Hawks
September 11th, 2016, 12:14 PM
It amazes me how poorly you guys take ribbing. JFC.

Ribbing? Maybe try some new material or something fresh and it won't be so nauseating. Or pick a new school. Plenty is ****ty football teams to "rib".

PantherRob82
September 11th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Ribbing? Maybe try some new material or something fresh and it won't be so nauseating. Or pick a new school. Plenty is ****ty football teams to "rib".

We don't need new material. No one is tired of this thread besides the three of you. There are much older threads that continue being bumped, are you whining about fresh material on those threads as well? xrolleyesx

mmiller_34
September 11th, 2016, 12:23 PM

When a thread like this gets made, it can only go two ways:

1. UND continues to suck and everyone piles on throughout the year

or

2. UND was actually performing well and this thread turns into "I told you so" from the UND squad.

So, be prepared to eat crow all year. Not a good start for the Hawks.

Thumper 76
September 11th, 2016, 12:25 PM

Nope, it's still funny. I mean, it's not as funny when it's NDSU guys doing it cause they always give you ****. But don't act like this thread doesn't deserve what's coming right now.

Thumper 76
September 11th, 2016, 12:25 PM
PS: you could just, I dunno, ignore the thread

PantherRob82
September 11th, 2016, 12:31 PM
PS: you could just, I dunno, ignore the thread

He probably demands a safe space.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Nope, it's still funny. I mean, it's not as funny when it's NDSU guys doing it cause they always give you ****. But don't act like this thread doesn't deserve what's coming right now.

This here.

A notorious UND homer starts this thread and their fans expect this to go where???.........xrolleyesx

clenz
September 11th, 2016, 12:33 PM
It's funny because of the stupid bull**** UND fans said after last season. It gained as much traction as it did because UND fans continued to double down on their stupidity.

It's funny because it still bothers you the way it does

Also, Rob. They don't eat snickers. Only bars of pure whey protein.

F'N Hawks
September 11th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Just getting nauseating. Not like I was on here singing to the heavens about good UND was going to be.
They were picked 5th in Big Sky for cripes sake. The media said they were going to be better and should make playoffs, that's it. Crazy!!

Most of it belongs on the smack board.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Just getting nauseating. Not like I was on here singing to the heavens about good UND was going to be.
They were picked 5th in Big Sky for cripes sake. The media said they were going to be better and should make playoffs, that's it. Crazy!!

Most of it belongs on the smack board.

Take your lumps and maybe the team will prove all of us wrong.

geaux_sioux
September 11th, 2016, 12:49 PM
It's funny because of the stupid bull**** UND fans said after last season. It gained as much traction as it did because UND fans continued to double down on their stupidity.

It's funny because it still bothers you the way it does

Also, Rob. They don't eat snickers. Only bats of pure whey protein.
Doesn't bother me. I'd be all over a bison version of this thread. I'm not too worried though. I think we'll be fine this season.

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2016, 02:31 PM
Doesn't bother me. I'd be all over a bison version of this thread. I'm not too worried though. I think we'll be fine this season.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/018/012/Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_3.31.31_PM.png

dakotadan
September 11th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Bwahaha. Now that is actually funny.

The rest of this thread just sounds like a bunch of third graders at recess. Some of you need to put a little more thought and effort into your "ribbing".

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 03:59 PM

The rest of this thread just sounds like a bunch of third graders at recess. Some of you need to put a little more thought and effort into your "ribbing".

OK....how about "Your team sucks".....good enough?

Professor Chaos
September 11th, 2016, 04:05 PM
http://mergy.org/wp-content/uploads/all_is_well.gif

PantherRob82
September 11th, 2016, 04:39 PM

UND has done nothing to require my thought or effort. Too easy. xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Watching this South Dakota UND game and was wondering how big the UND weight room is? Do they have 24/7 access? xcoffeex

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Watching this South Dakota UND game and was wondering how big the UND weight room is? Do they have 24/7 access? xcoffeex

They can use it between 2:30 pm and 4:15pm weekdays.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Nice hours, they shouldnt have lifted today.........................

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 05:43 PM
I was so excited to bump this.....after the game was over. You better not have jinxed it. ;)

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Hush your mouth and enjoy the Uber & pizza..............

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Does UND have cardio equipment?

#0-3

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Damn it, Alph.

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 07:40 PM
UND, congrats on finally winning a game! At this rate you will have another win by mid october!

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 07:41 PM
UND still sucks. Damn it.

SUUTbird
September 17th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Considering how badly Stonybrook beat the crap out of Richmond its making North Dakota looking like a pretty good team right now, on top of a close FBS loss.

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Considering how badly Stonybrook beat the crap out of Richmond its making North Dakota looking like a pretty good team right now, on top of a close FBS loss.

Stony Brook got waxed by Temple last week. Not sure you can make all of those connections.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Damn it, Alph.

Wow, the way SD was man handling them I never thought UND would score again........I turned it off and wow..........the weights are paying off

SUUTbird
September 17th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Stony Brook got waxed by Temple last week. Not sure you can make all of those connections.

I'm looking at the game against SB being the primary connection, however a close loss to an FBS team doesn't hurt their resume either, especially because they lost going for the 2pt conversion.

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 07:50 PM
I'm looking at the game against SB being the primary connection, however a close loss to an FBS team doesn't hurt their resume either, especially because they lost going for the 2pt conversion.

Honestly, people would and should forget about that by the time the playoffs roll around. UND should still try to win the bigsky if they want in the playoffs.

immediately, they do look a little better and might be in the 20-40 range of the FCS.

caribbeanhen
September 25th, 2016, 01:26 AM
wouldn't write UND off yet, remember they had to travel to a tough place to win against a pretty tough Def team in Stony, also Caa team, it's not like they were ever going to win this game despite the mid-west hype going on around here

not yet

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2016, 01:37 AM
not yet

They'll sink like a rock, apparently like Stony Brook who they lost to. :D

F'N Hawks
September 25th, 2016, 07:04 AM
They'll sink like a rock, apparently like Stony Brook who they lost to. :D

Now that MVFC play is finally here you guys should be able to get some wins. NIU will be fine. Or is UIN? Or UNI?

taper
September 25th, 2016, 07:36 AM
Now that MVFC play is finally here you guys should be able to get some wins. NIU will be fine. Or is UIN? Or UNI?

You do know UNI's already played a tougher Big Sky schedule than you will all season? I guarantee you they won't let USD take them to overtime either.

F'N Hawks
September 25th, 2016, 07:51 AM
You do know UNI's already played a tougher Big Sky schedule than you will all season? I guarantee you they won't let USD take them to overtime either.

No I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that guarantee, also.

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2016, 09:56 AM

It must be rough being so sensitive and having nothing better than to switch some letters around. xlolx

F'N Hawks
September 25th, 2016, 09:59 AM
It must be rough being so sensitive and having nothing better than to switch some letters around. xlolx

Or hoping another team sinks like a rock to make myself feel better.

BisonTru
September 25th, 2016, 10:10 AM
No I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that guarantee, also.

https://media.giphy.com/media/tANpI4H9zlv1u/giphy.gif

Red & Black
September 25th, 2016, 10:18 AM
UND should still try to win the bigsky if they want in the playoffs.

That's going to be an extremely tough proposition with that offense.

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Or hoping another team sinks like a rock to make myself feel better.

So sensitive. This thread is bumped because of one poster. Has nothing to do with you, yet you continue to be bothered by it. xlolx

POD Knows
September 25th, 2016, 10:28 AM
That's going to be an extremely tough proposition with that offense.

As stated before, UND has a made to order cupcake schedule and will probably only lose to Cal Poly, which is a big if, they killed Cal Poly last year and UND is built to stop teams that run the ball. Don't be surprised if this team doesn't go undefeated in the BSC and that is a sad statement.

Red & Black
September 25th, 2016, 10:38 AM
As stated before, UND has a made to order cupcake schedule and will probably only lose to Cal Poly, which is a big if, they killed Cal Poly last year and UND is built to stop teams that run the ball. Don't be surprised if this team doesn't go undefeated in the BSC and that is a sad statement.

They could potentially win out (especially since they don't play EWU or UM), but I don't think they will. MSU is in rebuilding mode this year...the rest of the resume is kind of meh. If UND is going to win a share of the conference title they still have to beat some teams that can put points up on the board. Cal Poly, ISU, and NAU can do that.

F'N Hawks
September 25th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Schedule isn't looking quite as easy as it was (but is still favorable). Poly is suddenly the #1-2 team in the league and Portland State is way down, who UND doesn't play.

F'N Hawks
September 25th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Love all the talk about UND on here, though. Lots of attention/concern from you guys, I like it. Especially since they are the 5th best team in the Big Sky.

POD Knows
September 25th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Love all the talk about UND on here, though. Lots of attention/concern from you guys, I like it. Especially since they are the 5th best team in the Big Sky.

They are probably the 4th or 5th best team in the conference but they will probably win the conference.

F'N Hawks
September 25th, 2016, 10:56 AM
They are probably the 4th or 5th best team in the conference but they will probably win the conference.

They aren't winning the conference

POD Knows
September 25th, 2016, 11:01 AM
They aren't winning the conference

They will finish second, EWU will probably go undefeated, UND second at one loss.

Twentysix
September 25th, 2016, 11:21 AM
I have UND as 4th in the big sky. (8th in the MVFC, using their hypothetical budget crisis conference dreams; I think that might mean it still is the big fluffy)

Combining the two conferences together into a franken conference using my top 25 rankings I get this

1 North Dakota State Bison
2 Eastern Washington Eagles
3 Western Illinois Leathernecks
4 Youngstown State Penguins
5 Cal Poly Mustangs
6 Montana Grizzlies
7 Northern Iowa Panthers
8 South Dakota State Jackrabbits
9 Indiana State Sycamores
10 Illinois State Redbirds
11 North Dakota Fighting Hawks

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2016, 11:24 AM

No you don't. You've been whining about how everyone is picking on North Dakota. You can't turn around and say you love it a week later. xlolx

Bisonoline
September 25th, 2016, 12:44 PM
No you don't. You've been whining about how everyone is picking on North Dakota. You can't turn around and say you love it a week later. xlolx

There motto is---hey even if its bad news ----its still news! We will take it!

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 26th, 2016, 07:07 PM
/sees thread subject line

/contemplates purchasing adult diapers this week

clenz
December 5th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Man....imagine what they'll look like after 2 years in the weight room pissed off like this...

F'N Hawks
December 5th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Man....imagine what they'll look like after 2 years in the weight room pissed off like this...

No doubt about it. Wonder why more teams don't lift weights like UND did?

70MilesFromCanada
December 5th, 2016, 10:16 AM
I'm worried. As I posted elsewhere, I think the weight room was trashed when the Alerus Center imploded on Saturday.
Perhaps they can relocate to the UND athletic department employee garage when the Nickel Trophy is supposed to be stored.

xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx