PDA

View Full Version : Matt Isenhour?

BrevardMountaineer03
December 11th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I think having Matt Isenhour on the Panthers O-Line would help out tremendously. He's an excellent blocker and deserves to be an All-American. Panthers O-Line isn't that good, I think Ishenhour would help stabalize it.

smallcollegefbfan
December 13th, 2006, 09:08 AM
I think having Matt Isenhour on the Panthers O-Line would help out tremendously. He's an excellent blocker and deserves to be an All-American. Panthers O-Line isn't that good, I think Ishenhour would help stabalize it.

Matt won't even get a shot in the NFL. He is too small. However, he is a great player at the I-AA level. I believe Mr. C feels that Kerry Brown is the one who would actually improve an NFL team.

Have any NFL sources been able to confirm a draft grade on Brown Mr. C?

ASU Kep
December 13th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Brown is only a junior, we got him for one more year.

psc2445
December 13th, 2006, 11:35 AM
He is too small, he wont even get a look, so unfortunately no to your poll

smallcollegefbfan
December 13th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Brown is only a junior, we got him for one more year.

Yeah, but Brown is a stud.

NC Mountaineer
December 13th, 2006, 04:33 PM
heck yea, the panthers can't get much worse at this point

blueballs
December 13th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Go look at the game film of the ASU/GSU game this year and you'll have your answer... Matt may still be seeing Charrod Taylor in his dreams.:eek:

Matt has been a fine player and a credit to ASU, a class act, and may well have two NC's to his credit come Saturday morning, but he won't make it in the NFL.

Baldy
December 13th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Go look at the game film of the ASU/GSU game this year and you'll have your answer... Matt may still be seeing Charrod Taylor in his dreams.:eek:

Matt has been a fine player and a credit to ASU, a class act, and may well have two NC's to his credit come Saturday morning, but he won't make it in the NFL.
Nightmares is prolly more accurate.
Taylor absolutely abused him when we played this season. However Mr. C said Isenhour was injured so I'll give him a little benefit of the doubt.

Mountaineer#96
December 13th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Yes he was injured and not at 100, but isn't that what life in the NFL is. You still gotta be able to perform week in week out injured or not.

As for Matt in the NFL, I dunno. He has by far the best technique on our O-line, top notch pass blocking skills, decent drive blocking push, real heavy hands when they hit you ( prolly the best thing for a O-lineman ), but he is a bit undersized for the league. What he does have is the NFL smarts for sure, he can think very quickly. When he and Murrell square off in practice on pass rush drills they usually break even. Murrell has the speed of a NFL D-end so that is a good judge if he could do it or not.

smallcollegefbfan
December 13th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Nightmares is prolly more accurate.
Taylor absolutely abused him when we played this season. However Mr. C said Isenhour was injured so I'll give him a little benefit of the doubt.

Matt's shoulder is what I heard. I believe it but I also think that Kerry is the best OL they have.

Taylor murdered him in that game and I believe he should get a shot in the NFL.

Kerry Brown is the best prospect and is very raw. He only started one year of HS football. He can play OG or OT. Matt is a better C or OG than OT anyway. I always wondered why ASU did not move Kerry to OT and leave Matt at his HS position.

Baldy
December 13th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Taylor murdered him in that game and I believe he should get a shot in the NFL.
He probably should be given a shot, but I just don't know.

Charrod is a freak of a physical specimen, but would be a project player for an NFL team. On top of that, with him being 26 years old, I just don't think a team will be willing to take a chance with an "old" guy.

OTOH, Mohring is a different story. He can be an instant contributor to any NFL team right off the bat....especially on special teams. He could have a long productive career in the NFL.

BestOfBreed
December 13th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Maybe one of the zone blocking teams will bring Isenhour to camp as a non-drafted free agent.

smallcollegefbfan
December 14th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Maybe one of the zone blocking teams will bring Isenhour to camp as a non-drafted free agent.

He is just too small. A 6'1 OT is not going to get a look these days. If he was 6'3 or 6'4 then he would probably get a look and then get moved.

I would be shocked if he got in a camp.

BestOfBreed
December 14th, 2006, 11:48 AM
He is just too small. A 6'1 OT is not going to get a look these days. If he was 6'3 or 6'4 then he would probably get a look and then get moved.

I would be shocked if he got in a camp.

Yeah, he's too short for tackle. Maybe move him to center? I agree though, most likely no chance at the next level.

HLecter
December 14th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I loved the way your center played against us (YSU) who is that kid and what is his deal?

smallcollegefbfan
December 14th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I loved the way your center played against us (YSU) who is that kid and what is his deal?

Ryan Jewell. He is 6'4, 290lbs. He has a shot at the NFL.

Jackluv
December 17th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Isenhour has no shot....Brown and him should have switched positions but even than..6'1 is too small for guard and is still considered a small center....
also the fact that he is listed at 276 lbs wouldkill him....NFL rookie centers are measuring in at 6'3 305 lbs.

Mountaineer#96
December 27th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Isenhour has no shot....Brown and him should have switched positions but even than..6'1 is too small for guard and is still considered a small center....
also the fact that he is listed at 276 lbs wouldkill him....NFL rookie centers are measuring in at 6'3 305 lbs.

For years our O-line has had athletic tackles and huge guards, it is just how our line is set up. In our offense it works very well as you can see X 2