PDA

View Full Version : Top 4 announced in 30 minutes

Pages : 1 [2]

FCSwatcher
November 22nd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Still don't understand how Eastern Illinois and SHSU got in over UND. This blows.

You can't understand because you do not have the ability to see the committees weekly ranking and how the teams are trending.

Don't forget when their is human involvement their will be huge bias to how teams have done previously. It isn't right, but it is there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2015, 11:02 AM
I know I have been wanting Easton tomstart over Carson, but if we have to play ISUr on the road, a part of me is now saying, maybe I'd like to see Carson back in there.

Oh and what Bison56 said, why am I agreeing with Jay Walker?

centennial
November 22nd, 2015, 11:02 AM
Again, if you are the best why do you care who you play?

I agree. It shouldn't matter. Still it seems custom made to make NDSU lose. I mean why even play in the FCS playoffs if our 3 next opponents are probably SDSU, UNI, ISUr. 2 of 3 which we have already played and beaten.

Cocky
November 22nd, 2015, 11:03 AM
Why would they? They are trying to make sure we don't win again. The other side of the bracket is a joke, I would rather be #8 and played at JSU than this BS.

I would have preferred this too.

SUUTbird
November 22nd, 2015, 11:04 AM
I just feel that no single conference should be represented in a NC, that stuff needs to be hashed out in the regular season. I just find it funny a conference that got 5 teams in would have so many people complaining about it.

Dane96
MEAC no longer participates according to the graphic at the beginning of the show. GO CATS!!!

Yes, true...only for its champion. They are eligible for an at-large.

IBleedYellow
I agree. It shouldn't matter. Still it seems custom made to make NDSU lose. I mean why even play in the FCS playoffs if our 3 next opponents are probably SDSU, UNI, ISUr. 2 of 3 which we have already played and beaten.

They can try...but they don't know the heart of a Champion. I still think NDSU 5 peats.

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2015, 11:05 AM

Some times you have the play and beat the best twice. Montana with their QB back, is every bit as good as the team that beat the Bison in game 1.

IBleedYellow
November 22nd, 2015, 11:05 AM
I just feel that no single conference should be represented in a NC, that stuff needs to be hashed out in the regular season. I just find it funny a conference that got 5 teams in would have so many people complaining about it.

Because the best four in that conference would win every other conference. Split the conference up and they would have 3/4 teams in the semifinals and probably 2/2 in the finals.

It's head and shoulders about the rest of the country this year.

That's why.

taper
November 22nd, 2015, 11:07 AM

That is very ironic coming from a Big Sky team.

Bison56

Maybe they should just draw 2 teams from a hat every year for the championship game, but you can only get picked 1 time every ten years.

Professor Chaos
The point of a tournament is to matchup the best teams in the late rounds including the best two teams in the final. If the best two teams are from the same conference there should be nothing stopping them from meeting in the final.

taper
November 22nd, 2015, 11:08 AM
Some times you have the play and beat the best twice. Montana with their QB back, is every bit as good as the team that beat the Bison in game 1.

I'd really hate for our season to end the same way it started. No koolaid, it's definitely possible.

FCSwatcher

Understand your feelings. I don't agree with the process, and I think the whole tourney should be seeded.

Be happy you have the chance to win it again.

On the other side of the coin "what if" it was split up, and the MVFC lost to other conferences? The "all mighty and powerful" would fall harder.

Bisonator
Again, if you are the best why do you care who you play?

It's joke to put all of the teams from one conference on the same side of the bracket. The committee basically just **** all over the FCS tournament by eliminating the chance to have the 2 best teams meet in Frisco for the Championship. Apparently last years game wasn't exciting enough? Why not spread the teams out and play some different matchups and then the best teams will in fact get there by not eliminating each other before then?? Why would anyone want to see 3 or 4 games that have already been played this year???

centennial
How about they stop doing a CAA side, and a MVFC side? Seems custom made to have a MVFC, and CAA finals. 5 teams on one side is really deliberate. How deliberate? About a one in 32 chance that this is random. Meaning the committee made a real effort to do this.

Nickels
November 22nd, 2015, 11:12 AM
How about they stop doing a CAA side, and a MVFC side? Seems custom made to have a MVFC, and CAA finals. 5 teams on one side is really deliberate. How deliberate? About a one in 32 chance that this is random. Meaning the committee made a real effort to do this.
http://newbabywallpapers.com/download/crying-baby-images-and-wallpaper/crying-baby-images-and-wallpaper-7.jpg
Yes they did. It's called regionalization and they've never hidden that they do it.

Daytripper
November 22nd, 2015, 11:14 AM
Amazing how the 4 time defending champs feel slighted and complain about their bracket. I would expect a bit more confidence out of Bizon fan.

FCSwatcher
November 22nd, 2015, 11:15 AM
It's joke to put all of the teams from one conference on the same side of the bracket. The committee basically just **** all over the FCS tournament by eliminating the chance to have the 2 best teams meet in Frisco for the Championship. Apparently last years game wasn't exciting enough? Why not spread the teams out and play some different matchups and then the best teams will in fact get there by not eliminating each other before then?? Why would anyone want to see 3 or 4 games that have already been played this year???

Damn arrogant, and disrespectful to say the best two teams are from the MVFC. Are those two best teams undefeated? Did any of the top 4 seeds play each other? Didn't NDSU lose to USD?

I will guarantee the coaches and "elite" players are not complaining today. They believe in themselves and have confidence.

Bisonator
November 22nd, 2015, 11:18 AM
Damn arrogant, and disrespectful to say the best two teams are from the MVFC. Are those two best teams undefeated? Did any of the top 4 seeds play each other? Didn't NDSU lose to USD?

I will guarantee the coaches and "elite" players are not complaining today. They believe in themselves and have confidence.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Did I say the 2 best teams were from the Valley?? I said spread them out and then see who the best teams are left standing.

Cocky
November 22nd, 2015, 11:19 AM
It wouldnt bother me if JSU was on the other side.

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2015, 11:22 AM
So on paper Montana should play SDSU, NSDSU, and PSU. No big deal...

UNI Pike
November 22nd, 2015, 11:29 AM
UND was jobbed. EIU took their place. (maybe WIU, to a much lesser degree). OVC history in the playoffs is questionable, at best.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

veinup
November 22nd, 2015, 11:35 AM

we got this

xawesomex

cardiaccowboy
November 22nd, 2015, 11:35 AM
We all knew regionalization was coming. Are the vally faithful mad because you had the 2nd and 3rd seeds? You all have been predicting it for a while now. How about everyone stop crying and get ready to watch what I hope is some damn good football next Saturday.
P.S. Geaux Pokes

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 11:36 AM

SDSU definitely got the loudest draw.

BisonFan02
November 22nd, 2015, 11:37 AM
We all knew regionalization was coming. Are the vally faithful mad because you had the 2nd and 3rd seeds? You all have been predicting it for a while now. How about everyone stop crying and get ready to watch what I hope is some damn good football next Saturday.
P.S. Geaux Pokes

I would take your #4 seed right now...deal?

taper
November 22nd, 2015, 11:40 AM
UND was jobbed. EIU took their place. (maybe WIU, to a much lesser degree). OVC history in the playoffs is questionable, at best.

In the last 2 years the OVC is 4-5 in the playoffs. Big Sky is 4-7.

cardiaccowboy
November 22nd, 2015, 11:42 AM
I would take your #4 seed right now...deal?
If I could I wouldn't.

UNI Pike
November 22nd, 2015, 11:43 AM
And the OVC lost like 21 playoff games in a row before the last two years. Broken clock is right twice a day...

FCSwatcher
November 22nd, 2015, 11:47 AM
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Did I say the 2 best teams were from the Valley?? I said spread them out and then see who the best teams are left standing.

Some people have the ability to read between the lines, I am one of those people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FCSwatcher
November 22nd, 2015, 11:51 AM
The point of a tournament is to matchup the best teams in the late rounds including the best two teams in the final. If the best two teams are from the same conference there should be nothing stopping them from meeting in the final.

In a full seeded tournament you are correct. A lot of tourneys are random drawn tourneys, I see it All the time.

This is a partially seeded and then regionalized tourney. That has never been hidden

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 12:16 PM
In a full seeded tournament you are correct. A lot of tourneys are random drawn tourneys, I see it All the time.

This is a partially seeded and then regionalized tourney. That has never been hidden

So what's the regionalization excuse that sends the winner of UNI/EIU to Portland St instead of say McNeese St?

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2015, 12:25 PM
So much griping about the bracket by the MVFC, especially Bison fans. Regionalization is no secret. What gets me is that they already consider it a foregone conclusion that the Valley teams are going to win their games. SDSU will have its hands full in Missoula with Gustafson back (ask NDSU). Portland State is no slouch, so UNI better not take them lightly. ISUr will likely have to play a conference-mate, but one that was kind of gifted a playoff berth in the first place.

It's quite possible that NDSU doesn't play a Valley team until the Semifinals, which would pit the #2 vs the #3 seeds. If it works out like that, do we still have to hear about how the Valley got jobbed?

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 12:27 PM
So what's the regionalization excuse that sends the winner of UNI/EIU to Portland St instead of say McNeese St?

JMO, but whoever got paired with SHSU was going through McNeese.

FCSwatcher
November 22nd, 2015, 12:29 PM

Simple. They think Sam Houston is the favorite over SUU therefore the make the matchup SHSU vs McNeese

FCSwatcher
November 22nd, 2015, 12:31 PM
So much griping about the bracket by the MVFC, especially Bison fans. Regionalization is no secret. What gets me is that they already consider it a foregone conclusion that the Valley teams are going to win their games. SDSU will have its hands full in Missoula with Gustafson back (ask NDSU). Portland State is no slouch, so UNI better not take them lightly. ISUr will likely have to play a conference-mate, but one that was kind of gifted a playoff berth in the first place.

It's quite possible that NDSU doesn't play a Valley team until the Semifinals, which would pit the #2 vs the #3 seeds. If it works out like that, do we still have to hear about how the Valley got jobbed?

Excellent point, but the MVFC doesn't think anyone can beat them. Imagine the blow up if The Griz win their first two games

Professor Chaos

Its partially due to all the MVFC getting stuck in one side of the bracket but furthermore the NDSU/PSU pod has 4 of the 6 teams are in the top 10 (according to the new AGS) and another is Montana who's a dangerous team in their own right. All the committee had to do was feed UNI/EIU into McNeese and SUU/SHSU into PSU and they could've avoided this whole cluster*****. Neither of those would mess with regionalization.

taper
And the OVC lost like 21 playoff games in a row before the last two years. Broken clock is right twice a day...

And how many players from those 21 losses are on today's teams vs the 4 recent wins? Top to bottom OVC and BSC are probably pretty close. Top team will make a run at the title, mediocre in the middle, and terrible at the bottom.

centennial
November 22nd, 2015, 12:33 PM
Excellent point, but the MVFC doesn't think anyone can beat them. Imagine the blow up if The Griz win their first two games

It could happen with Gustafson back. The SDSU game is a pickem IMO, unless their idiot coach decides to go with the best QB. Against NDSU, we had almost a new defense. We aren't the same team anymore.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 12:34 PM
Simple. They think Sam Houston is the favorite over SUU therefore the make the matchup SHSU vs McNeese

JMO, but whoever got paired with SHSU was going through McNeese.
Yeah, that does make sense. I didn't think of that.

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 12:34 PM
Its partially due to all the MVFC getting stuck in one side of the bracket but furthermore the NDSU/PSU pod has 4 of the 6 teams are in the top 10 (according to the new AGS) and another is Montana who's a dangerous team in their own right. All the committee had to do was feed UNI/EIU into McNeese and SUU/SHSU into PSU and they could've avoided this whole cluster*****. Neither of those would mess with regionalization.

Fewer potential plane trips. This is the main motivation.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 12:36 PM
Fewer potential plane trips. This is the main motivation.
Yeah, I missed that SHSU to McNeese is a bus trip. Makes a lot more sense to me now.

Still, not seeding SDSU worked out pretty conveniently for this whole scenario to play out and made NDSU's and PSU's pod the "group of death" to borrow a soccer term.

WrenFGun
November 22nd, 2015, 12:37 PM
Good for the committee here for letting WIU in; with wins over SDST and UNI, a 7 point loss to Coastal and a win over EIU, that's clearly a playoff resume even with 6 DI wins. Good on the committee for not overlooking them.

UNH was clearly one of the last teams in, but at least they had wins over #7 seed Richmond and another playoff team in Colgate. EIU was hot to end the season, but they're two best wins came over teams with 6 DI wins. Sam Houston State had 7 DI wins, just like UND, and their best win was a team that did not make the playoffs. I think if UND wants to point a finger (and they should, they routed a Cal Poly team that beat Montana), it should be at Sam Houston and EIU. Neither of those teams were as deserving.

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2015, 12:42 PM
Plus WIU to Dayton is a bus trip and if its WIU to ISU its a bicycle trip

BisonTru
Yeah, I missed that SHSU to McNeese is a bus trip. Makes a lot more sense to me now.

Still, not seeding SDSU worked out pretty conveniently for this whole scenario to play out and made NDSU's and PSU's pod the "group of death" to borrow a soccer term.

SDSU losing yesterday is the main culprit in putting all this together. If they win their seeded, WIU is out. UNI is headed to ISU, but it is almost assured there would be MVFC teams on both sides of the bracket.

IBleedYellow
I'm going on record to say UNI falls to PSU out there. Just a gut feeling.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

tribefan40
November 22nd, 2015, 12:48 PM

Hard to say the 6 seed is a dark horse, but I agree, they could cause some havoc.

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2015, 12:54 PM
What's left to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCxkEPlVLzs

Wouldn't mind that at all. I think, if NDSU wins their game, would match up better with PSU than UNI

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2015, 12:55 PM
So idk why my tablet keeps quoting IBY and the same post. That's annoying

centennial
November 22nd, 2015, 12:58 PM
It's your browser. Get a different one, if on the iPad try Chrome. If on Android, try Firefox or Opera.

clenz
November 22nd, 2015, 12:59 PM

One of those wins is a PFL and another is against another OVC team, fwiw

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2015, 01:09 PM
I'm using chrome on my Nexus 7. Chrome has never given me problems until the latest droid update.

- - - Updated - - -

I have thought about using opera for awhile now.

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2015, 01:12 PM
I'm having some major deja vu from the 2000s. Only, the CAA posters have been replaced by the MVFC posters, and the comments about the Big Sky have been replaced with comments about the Big Sky

centennial
November 22nd, 2015, 01:13 PM
I'm using chrome on my Nexus 7. Chrome has never given me problems until the latest droid update.

- - - Updated - - -

I have thought about using opera for awhile now.
Chrome is the best experience IMO. However, they use a lot of experimental features, and isn't always stable. Opera although less feature rich is more stable IMO. I have also used Dolphin, and it has been fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having some major deja vu from the 2000s. Only, the CAA posters have been replaced by the MVFC posters, and the comments about the Big Sky have been replaced with comments about the Big Sky
Big Sky with Big Sky?

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2015, 01:16 PM
It was a joke. We're the punching bag of choice across decades.

I blame MSU

IBleedYellow
November 22nd, 2015, 01:25 PM
Wise tablet.

FCSwatcher
November 22nd, 2015, 01:27 PM
It could happen with Gustafson back. The SDSU game is a pickem IMO, unless their idiot coach decides to go with the best QB. Against NDSU, we had almost a new defense. We aren't the same team anymore.

Yes. I agree. Anyone that played Montana the first game would have it tough, not any tape to watch at this level.

Bisonator
November 22nd, 2015, 01:27 PM
I blame this whole ****ing fiasco on SDSU! Those ****ing Jackrabbits had one ****ing job. Win yesterday but no they **** the ****ing bed and screwed up the whole ****ing bracket. They could have had a top 8 seed, could have knocked WIU out, put UND in and spread the MVFC teams out at least a little more then this ****. But no now they get to go play Montana for a another chance to come to the Fargodome for the third ****ing year in a row! JFC! Go Griz!!!!! I want at least a chance to avenge that early loss.

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 01:33 PM
I blame this whole ****ing fiasco on SDSU! Those ****ing Jackrabbits had one ****ing job. Win yesterday but no they **** the ****ing bed and screwed up the whole ****ing bracket. They could have had a top 8 seed, could have knocked WIU out, put UND in and spread the MVFC teams out at least a little more then this ****. But no now they get to go play Montana for a another chance to come to the Fargodome for the third ****ing year in a row! JFC! Go Griz!!!!! I want at least a chance to avenge that early loss.

This. Damn Bunnies. All UND and MVFC fans minus WIU should direct their hate this direction. If SDSU wins, UND most likely gets in and the MVFC is spread out better. Also, UND/UNI@SDSU is a probable matchup. Freeing up NDSU from any other bus ride opponents and we possibly see someone new in the dome.

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2015, 02:16 PM
Plus WIU to Dayton is a bus trip and if its WIU to ISU its a bicycle trip

384 miles to Dayton (it's just over a 6 hour drive) and then 109 miles to ISUr...I've met a guy who runs ultramarathons that long.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 02:35 PM
My apologies to all for my behaviour. I am just pissed off. Sick of WCU getting ignored constantly!

I would love to see WCU in the playoffs, but they didn't earn it this year. No one on this board had them as in.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 02:39 PM
Or you know make it so its like a true national championship and not a conference game, that works to. It hurts the FCS overall as well if only one conference is represented.

In a 24 game playoff? That doesn't hurt anyone. If that's the case, let's do away with at-large bids if only one conference rep can be in the title game.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 02:42 PM
I am relieved that they separated the Big Sky teams. The way both Portland State and Southern Utah have played all year, and Montana coming on strong at the end, all three have the capabilities to make a lot of noise in the playoffs.

No, only one from each conference, just ask your conference mate from SUU xrolleyesx

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 02:47 PM
On the other side of the coin "what if" it was split up, and the MVFC lost to other conferences? The "all mighty and powerful" would fall harder.

That's the way it should be. Let's see how things shake out.