PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 11

Pages : [1] 2

DFW HOYA
November 7th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Lehigh (5-4, 3-1) at Colgate (5-4, 4-0)
Both teams have momentum: Colgate can clinch a share of PL title with the win. Engineers 4-1 in their last five vs. Red Raiders.

Fordham (8-2, 3-1) at Georgetown (4-5, 2-2)
Rams are 18-2 in the last 20 games of this series. That 60-0 scholarship count won't hurt, either.

Holy Cross (4-5, 1-3) at Bucknell (4-5, 1-3)
A must-win for Tom Gilmore against a Bucknell team better than its record.

RichH2
November 7th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Kind of nice to have a three way battle for PL title. An intetesting weekend ahead.

bonarae
November 7th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross

Ivytalk
November 7th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Lehigh
Fordham
Bucky

FordhamFan
November 7th, 2015, 10:08 PM
LETS GO LEHIGH. LETS GO LEHIGH. LETS GO LEHIGH.

I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely want Fordham to win the PL, even if it is at the cost of the Patriot League getting another team into the playoffs. I'm a big fan of taking pride in winning your conference, not just for the postseason spot it secures, but for the pride that comes in being the top of your year in year out foes. So to see Fordham, who doesn't have much PL success to its name, I would really love to see 2014 and 2015 on the PL Champs board at Coffey Field.

Plus, Colgate or Lehigh, whoever got in, would just be scoffed at as a playoff team. Heck, Fordham should probably be laughed at as a playoff team this year. I'd rather the PL bring solid postseason contenders to the table.

In summation: LETS GO LEHIGH

The Boogie Down
November 7th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross

Pfff… Huck Farvard!

Lehigh
Fordham
Bucky

You guys rock, keep doin' whatcha do!!!

The Boogie Down
November 7th, 2015, 10:15 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely want Fordham to win the PL, even if it is at the cost of the Patriot League getting another team into the playoffs. I'm a big fan of taking pride in winning your conference, not just for the postseason spot it secures, but for the pride that comes in being the top of your year in year out foes. So to see Fordham, who doesn't have much PL success to its name, I would really love to see 2014 and 2015 on the PL Champs board at Coffey Field.

Plus, Colgate or Lehigh, whoever got in, would just be scoffed at as a playoff team. Heck, Fordham should probably be laughed at as a playoff team this year. I'd rather the PL bring solid postseason contenders to the table.

Maybe a "let's go Fordham" somewhere in there too? Ya know with the road game, vs. a scrappy team coming off a bye, as well as our own close calls and all that…

FordhamFan
November 7th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Maybe a "let's go Fordham" somewhere in there too? Ya know with the road game, vs. a scrappy team coming off a bye, as well as our own close calls and all that…

Let's go Fordham is implied in every post I write ;) But seriously...Georgetown is scarier than usual this year and we have been looking incredibly mediocre. Revision: Let's go Fordham AND Lehigh

The Boogie Down
November 7th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Let's go Fordham is implied in every post I write ;) But seriously...Georgetown is scarier than usual this year and we have been looking incredibly mediocre. Revision: Let's go Fordham AND Lehigh

Thanks for the revision. Now my superstitious side feels better about calling it a night xpeacex

CFBfan
November 7th, 2015, 10:25 PM

what a D-bag post!!!

The Boogie Down
November 7th, 2015, 10:29 PM
what a D-bag post!!!
Nah, check below, its been revised xthumbsupx

CFBfan
November 7th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Nah, check below, its been revised xthumbsupx

yeah it is huch the revision
FU LOST and is now hoping to back in and GO GATE!!!!!!!!!!!

BucBisonAtLarge
November 7th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Lehigh
Fordham
Bucknell

Go...gate
November 7th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Two weeks left. Anything could happen....

Ramblin' Man
November 8th, 2015, 12:40 AM
yeah it is huch the revision
FU LOST and is now hoping to back in and GO GATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in? Fordham's record is 8-2, Colgate's is 5-4. Doesn't seem like "backing in" to me. Beat Lehigh next week, then you can talk trash.

CFBfan
November 8th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Back in? Fordham's record is 8-2, Colgate's is 5-4. Doesn't seem like "backing in" to me. Beat Lehigh next week, then you can talk trash.

YES back in! did you read FordhamFans post??? Gate has NO losses in the PL FU has a LOSS!! Gate BEAT them. to win the PL they have to back in hoping that Gate loses!!!!! FU needs HELP from other teams!!!!!!! that's BACKING IN sorry if you can't handle the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carney2
November 8th, 2015, 09:07 AM
I'm picking:

COLGATE to beat Lehigh - No strong feeling about this one either way, so going with the home team.

FORDHAM over Georgetown - It seems obvious, but the Hoyas are a big bag of surprises.

BUCKNELL over Holy Cross - Bucky gets home field, but you have to factor in that more and more it appears that Gilmore does not know his arsehole from his earhole. Wasting a Pujals is a terrible thing to do.

Upset of the Week: LAFAYETTE over Bye. KillaBee says by 30+. I'm thinking much closer because all the Pard scoring will be via long field goals.

ace93
November 8th, 2015, 09:33 AM
YES back in! did you read FordhamFans post??? Gate has NO losses in the PL FU has a LOSS!! Gate BEAT them. to win the PL they have to back in hoping that Gate loses!!!!! FU needs HELP from other teams!!!!!!! that's BACKING IN sorry if you can't handle the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not exactly backing in, though I hear what you are saying. We beat the two teams you have left, you have them at home just as we did. If you lose both and we win out is that still backing in? I would say no b/c you could not take care of business; business we took care of. I do not think that will happen though, so the argument is sort of moot. In football, when you only play each team once, and therefore one team gets a home game while the other does not, one cannot judge on head-to-head alone. I think Colgate will win out and Fordham will be hoping for an at-large bid which I am not convinced will happen.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2015, 10:00 AM
If Killabee has predicted all 30+ point wins this season for Lafayette in this 1-9 season, what will his prediction be for the Lehigh game to out-do those? 50+?

Engineer86
November 8th, 2015, 10:11 AM
That is not exactly backing in, though I hear what you are saying. We beat the two teams you have left, you have them at home just as we did. If you lose both and we win out is that still backing in? I would say no b/c you could not take care of business; business we took care of. I do not think that will happen though, so the argument is sort of moot. In football, when you only play each team once, and therefore one team gets a home game while the other does not, one cannot judge on head-to-head alone. I think Colgate will win out and Fordham will be hoping for an at-large bid which I am not convinced will happen.

I am betting against Fordham's chances of an at-large bid. The win against Army can't be viewed highly by the committee given Army's two wins are Bucknell (a close one, trailing at half) and a one win Eastern Michigan. The overall Patriot League OOC record will kill them. This is why I root for every PL team against non-league teams.

CFBfan
November 8th, 2015, 11:12 AM

yes, I agree with you ace. the post by fordhamfan was (imho) just rather douchie

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 8th, 2015, 11:21 AM
As of now the forecast for Hamilton next Saturday is snow/rain showers with temps in the low 40's. That's about perfect....:D

Ramblin' Man
November 8th, 2015, 12:23 PM

Posting words in all caps and with multiple exclamation points usually indicates that the poster has nothing of importance to say, but just wants to draw attention to himself. That seems to be the case here.

Or it could just be that you were overloaded on caffeine (or amphetamines) when you posted. xcoffeex

BNiche
November 8th, 2015, 12:28 PM
If Fordham beats Georgetown, they would be 9-2. With the insanity that is FCS and the top 25 this season, so far, every bracket I've seen has Fordham winning an at-large bid (including NoBowls, College Sports Madness, and the Bracketology posts in AGS) with no mention of a bubble.

If Fordham wins next week, what needs to happen for Fordham to lose that at-large bid? I'm assuming teams under them in the rankings would need to win out and win impressively, but anything else I could be missing?

CFBfan
November 8th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Posting words in all caps and with multiple exclamation points usually indicates that the poster has nothing of importance to say, but just wants to draw attention to himself. That seems to be the case here.

Or it could just be that you were overloaded on caffeine (or amphetamines) when you posted. xcoffeex

stick to your day job as psychology is not your strong point

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2015, 01:57 PM
If Fordham beats Georgetown, they would be 9-2. With the insanity that is FCS and the top 25 this season, so far, every bracket I've seen has Fordham winning an at-large bid (including NoBowls, College Sports Madness, and the Bracketology posts in AGS) with no mention of a bubble.

If Fordham wins next week, what needs to happen for Fordham to lose that at-large bid? I'm assuming teams under them in the rankings would need to win out and win impressively, but anything else I could be missing?

Assuming Fordham beats G'Town:

If Colgate beats Lehigh, Colgate would win the autobid and Fordham would be in the at-large candidate at 9-2. IMVHO I don't see how they are denied since they have that win over Army.

If Lehigh beats Colgate, Colgate beats Bucknell and Lehigh beats Lafayette, you're in that 3-way tie situation that would go down to AD vote.

Ramblin' Man
November 8th, 2015, 03:12 PM
stick to your day job as psychology is not your strong point

Okay, genius. I'll do that. But you might want to fix your sticking Caps Lock key. It makes your posts seem, as you would say, "douchie." xeyebrowx

We can continue this intellectual discussion after Colgate's game with Lehigh.

Engineer86
November 8th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Assuming Fordham beats G'Town:

If Colgate beats Lehigh, Colgate would win the autobid and Fordham would be in the at-large candidate at 9-2. IMVHO I don't see how they are denied since they have that win over Army.

If Lehigh beats Colgate, Colgate beats Bucknell and Lehigh beats Lafayette, you're in that 3-way tie situation that would go down to AD vote.

I guess the Army win makes the 9-2 record better than a 10-1 Lehigh a few years back. I think they would definitely be on the bubble, as the PL is no stronger now,based on OOC wins, than it was when LU got left out IMMHO :D

Lehigh'98
November 8th, 2015, 05:25 PM
What is the league's best FCS OOC win? Seems like one of the worst years I can remember in terms of significant wins or top level teams.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2015, 05:42 PM
What is the league's best FCS OOC win? Seems like one of the worst years I can remember in terms of significant wins or top level teams.

It's a toss up between Lehigh over Penn or Holy Cross over Albany. Penn wasn't expected to do much but is shockingly still in the title hunt. Albany is a mid- to low- CAA team. Had Holy Cross managed to upset Towson it would have been bar none the best OOC win hands down.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 8th, 2015, 05:43 PM
It's a toss up between Lehigh over Penn or Holy Cross over Albany. Penn wasn't expected to do much but is shockingly still in the title hunt. Albany is a mid- to low- CAA team. Had Holy Cross managed to upset Towson it would have been bar none the best OOC win hands down.

Fordham and Lehigh's win over Penn or HC's win over Bryant.....

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Colgate has to win if Lafayette has any chance of beating Lehigh.

CFBfan
November 8th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Okay, genius. I'll do that. But you might want to fix your sticking Caps Lock key. It makes your posts seem, as you would say, "douchie." xeyebrowx

We can continue this intellectual discussion after Colgate's game with Lehigh.

you need to buy your panties a size or two BIGGER they are CLEARLY to TIGHT!!!

Lehigh'98
November 8th, 2015, 06:09 PM

That's what I thought. I was hoping that I'd forgotten about something.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Since restarting football, has Georgetown ever upset a nationally-ranked team?

Engineer86
November 8th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Fordham and Lehigh's win over Penn or HC's win over Bryant.....

Wow, we have fallen to the point that a win over Bryant or Penn is considered a "best" OOC win. At least Penn beat Villanova, Bryant's best win is Brown. Neither of these wins will support an at-large bid.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 8th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Wow, we have fallen to the point that a win over Bryant or Penn is considered a "best" OOC win. At least Penn beat Villanova, Bryant's best win is Brown. Neither of these wins will support an at-large bid.

I'm pretty sure Fordham gets in at 9-2 given how the bubble is looking. Had the field still been 20 teams they might be on the outside looking in.

A 7-4 Lehigh will get a look because they'll have 7 D1 wins and be league co-champs. Barring the weakest bubble ever they'll be on the outside looking in.

Bryant is likely the NEC champ so that's worth something. At least more than beating a middling Albany team in an also down, relatively speaking, CAA....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 8th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Colgate has to win if Lafayette has any chance of beating Lehigh.

Won't matter. Holy Cross was the game that Lehigh needed to win to make sure they wouldn't be spiraling into the Lafayette game. A winning season and payback for the last two years will be enough. And do to it at home....Lafayette will be in trouble that day..

UNHWildcat18
November 8th, 2015, 07:53 PM
I'm pretty sure Fordham gets in at 9-2 given how the bubble is looking. Had the field still been 20 teams they might be on the outside looking in.

A 7-4 Lehigh will get a look because they'll have 7 D1 wins and be league co-champs. Barring the weakest bubble ever they'll be on the outside looking in.

Bryant is likely the NEC champ so that's worth something. At least more than beating a middling Albany team in an also down, relatively speaking, CAA....

If UNH goes to 7-4 I think they get in over Fordham even if they go 9-2. Fordham beat a horrid army team and that's it. UNH will have a win over the patriot league champs who beat Fordham and a win over a top 5 team who will be in the playoffs. Call me crazy but I can see that happening. I really don't see the patriot getting more than 1 team in. Not that I think UNH is greatly deserving at 7-4 this year.

CFBfan
November 8th, 2015, 07:53 PM

I highly doubt that!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 8th, 2015, 08:00 PM
If UNH goes to 7-4 I think they get in over Fordham even if they go 9-2. Fordham beat a horrid army team and that's it. UNH will have a win over the patriot league champs who beat Fordham and a win over a top 5 team who will be in the playoffs. Call me crazy but I can see that happening. I really don't see the patriot getting more than 1 team in. Not that I think UNH is greatly deserving at 7-4 this year.

I think UNH going 7-4 is irrelevant to Fordham getting in. There was always space for a 4th CAA team. I think the only way Fordham is left out is if some how the MVFC or CAA gets 5 teams in and I don't see that happening. Fordham will get in over a 7-4 Towson and I don't see Villanova beating JMU. YSU, Indiana State are going to fade away and the MVFC will be left with 4 as well...

9 D1 wins, FBS win (even a terrible one), league championship will be enough in 24 team playoff. This is by no means a great Fordham team. They've literally escaped 4 or 5 losses in OT or the last 2 minutes. They simply know how to win which is huge. Having arguably the best RB in FCS doesn't hurth...

RichH2
November 8th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Won't matter. Holy Cross was the game that Lehigh needed to win to make sure they wouldn't be spiraling into the Lafayette game. A winning season and payback for the last two years will be enough. And do to it at home....Lafayette will be in trouble that day..
The fact that most miss. Gate would be a nice win but Cross was the game we needed. The next must win is over the Pards.

ngineer
November 8th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Since restarting football, has Georgetown ever upset a nationally-ranked team?

Back in 2003, I think the Hoyas came "oh so close" to beating Colgate the year the Red Raiders went to the NCAA Finals.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2015, 10:47 PM
"It's UNH? OK, let 'em in."

That's probably more how the conversation goes.

Go...gate
November 9th, 2015, 01:28 AM
As of now the forecast for Hamilton next Saturday is snow/rain showers with temps in the low 40's. That's about perfect....:D

Too warm for November. We need a nice snowstorm.....

jimbo65
November 9th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Lehigh
Fordham
Bucknell

Bill
November 9th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Went 3-0 last week...standing at a respectable 35-15 overall. It's crunch time in the league where the AI and big vocabulary words reign supreme.

Lehigh (5-4, 3-1) at Colgate (5-4, 4-0) Lehigh in Hamilton with title implications on the line. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'd venture to say that the Lehigh/Colgate game has been a critical PL title matchup for about 15 of the last 20 years. It's still Colgate's title to lose, but early forecasts are NOT calling for 22 degrees and obscene wind chills. I think LU puts up some offense here (shades of the Sedale Threat game, anyone?). Still have very little confidence in the D. Lehigh & the over, again. Brown & White, 39-36.

Fordham (8-2, 3-1) at Georgetown (4-5, 2-2) - Shouldn't be that close - but it may be. I think the Rams stay focused, and bring "Go Lehigh" banners to Washington. FU joins "hate the Gate" week and wins 32-18.

Holy Cross (4-5, 1-3) at Bucknell (4-5, 1-3) - I want TG to succeed at HC. I really do. This will be close, but the ghosts of Christy Matheson find a way. Bucknell, 28-26.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 9th, 2015, 09:33 AM
I think UNH going 7-4 is irrelevant to Fordham getting in. There was always space for a 4th CAA team. I think the only way Fordham is left out is if some how the MVFC or CAA gets 5 teams in and I don't see that happening. Fordham will get in over a 7-4 Towson and I don't see Villanova beating JMU. YSU, Indiana State are going to fade away and the MVFC will be left with 4 as well...

9 D1 wins, FBS win (even a terrible one), league championship will be enough in 24 team playoff. This is by no means a great Fordham team. They've literally escaped 4 or 5 losses in OT or the last 2 minutes. They simply know how to win which is huge. Having arguably the best RB in FCS doesn't hurth...

I just looked at the Towson and Fordham schedules and I sure don't see how you can make such a definitive statement.

I agree with 18's analysis. I too think the 26-8 win AT Colgate (when the starting UNH QB went down in the first series of the 2nd half) along with the win over Richmond are both better than a win over this year's Army team. Like my friends down in Williamsburg, I wish my Wildcats didn't catch the Blue Hens on the wrong side of their Jekyll and Hyde performance! :D

FWIW, if they make it to 7-4, I don't think UNH is a shoo-in by any means.

UNH and Towson wouldn't even be in this discussion if Stony Brook hadn't collapsed! I know they lost Bedell, but their OL should have been good enough to win games with a backup RB. I thought the Seawolves would be 9-2 even after they lost to JMU and W&M! The SBU team I saw in September on the Island was a top four CAA team this year. But that's why they play the games, got to do it on the field for an entire season.

Edit: UGH, thought I was in a thread talking about at large bid discussion not the PL prediction thread. Carry on............

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I just looked at the Towson and Fordham schedules and I sure don't see how you can make such a definitive statement..

You must have skipped over the loss to Elon.

I find it funny that UNH doesn't understand that a rising Fordham tide lifts UNH's boat.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 9th, 2015, 09:54 AM
You must have skipped over the loss to Elon.

I find it funny that UNH doesn't understand that a rising Fordham tide lifts UNH's boat.

You must have missed the wins at Stony Brook and Maine (night game in November) and the home wins against Villanova and Delaware. Even with a loss at Elon (when they lost a 14-0 lead when their star RB went down and the game was played in the rain), those four wins put enough on the plate that I sure don't see how Fordham would get picked definitively over Towson by anyone but a PL homer.

Please share some of your wonderful logic and enlighten me how Fordham helps UNH? Colgate winning the Patriot outright definitely helps UNH!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2015, 09:56 AM
You must have missed the wins at Stony Brook and Maine (night game in November) and the home wins against Villanova and Delaware. Even with a loss at Elon (when they lost a 14-0 lead when their star RB went down and the game was played in the rain), those four wins put enough on the plate that I sure don't see how Fordham would get picked definitively over Towson by anyone but a PL homer.

Please share some of your wonderful logic and enlighten me how Fordham helps UNH? Colgate winning the Patriot outright definitely helps UNH!

Apologies - I thought you guys beat Villanova, but I see your schedule. You didn't play them.

Though everyone on here seems to think that Fordham's win over Army is insignificant, I feel it will carry a lot more weight in the smoke-filled room than others care to admit.

Fordham
November 9th, 2015, 10:01 AM
I think that with the way we have finished the season it will be a complete crapshoot as to whether or not we get in if we don't win the PL outright. I also think we will struggle with Gtown this weekend.

LFN (or anyone), what's the auto-bid scenario if we win and Lehigh wins this week again? Assume that you and Gate both win your last games after this weekend. Do we get the bid or is it one of those goofy scenarios where the league picks someone?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2015, 10:25 AM
I think that with the way we have finished the season it will be a complete crapshoot as to whether or not we get in if we don't win the PL outright. I also think we will struggle with Gtown this weekend.

LFN (or anyone), what's the auto-bid scenario if we win and Lehigh wins this week again? Assume that you and Gate both win your last games after this weekend. Do we get the bid or is it one of those goofy scenarios where the league picks someone?

Colgate beats Lehigh and Bucknell --> Colgate outright PL champs, get autobid

Colgate beats Lehigh and loses to Bucknell, Fordham beats G'Town --> Colgate and Fordham co-champs, Colgate gets autobid (head-to-head)

Colgate loses lo Lehigh and Bucknell, Fordham beats G'Town --> Fordham either co-champs or outright champs, Fordham wins autobid

Lehigh beats Colgate and Lafayette, G'Town beats Fordham --> Lehigh either co-champs or outright champs, Lehigh wins autobid (head-to-head)

Lehigh beats Colgate, Colgate beats Bucknell, Lehigh beats Lafayette, Fordham beats G'Town --> Colgate, Lehigh, Fordham all co-champs. Tiebreaker goes down to AD vote (G'Town, Holy Cross, Lafayette, Bucknell)

Fordham
November 9th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Lehigh beats Colgate, Colgate beats Bucknell, Lehigh beats Lafayette, Fordham beats G'Town --> Colgate, Lehigh, Fordham all co-champs. Tiebreaker goes down to AD vote (G'Town, Holy Cross, Lafayette, Bucknell)
yikes. How often has it every come down to the AD vote? How did it go? Just wondering if history has any lesson for how they may vote based upon what they've done in the past.

Bill
November 9th, 2015, 10:43 AM
yikes. How often has it every come down to the AD vote? How did it go? Just wondering if history has any lesson for how they may vote based upon what they've done in the past.

1. Let's hope it doesn't come to that
2. If it does come to AD vote, and Fordham isn't selected, there should be a massive investigation. Conducted by the Catholic Church, of course.

FordhamFan
November 9th, 2015, 02:14 PM
yes, I agree with you ace. the post by fordhamfan was (imho) just rather douchie

I don't understand how wanting my team to win the conference under any circumstance is "douchie" but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do I think Fordham is better than teams like UNH or Towson? Not necessarily. Do I think their resume is just as good or better than UNH or Towson's? Yeah, probably. Fact is, a loss to Elon is just as bad as a loss to Colgate, whatever the circumstances. Losses to Delaware and Stony Brook don't look too hot either. Fordham lost to Villanova in a tight game when Robertson was still playing. And yeah, the FBS win is not that great, but it's still a nice mark to have on your resume. It's definitely close, I just think the committee sides with 9-2, FBS win over 7-4 tougher conference.

Also, beating Colgate in September and lauding it, then saying beating Maine in November is this monumental task, and totally ignoring that Fordham lost on the road to Colgate in November, is simply nonsense that is convenient for argument. Either the time of the win/loss matters or it doesn't. Can't be great for UNH but not matter for Fordham

World
November 9th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Quick question:

Who gets the autobid if Lehigh, Colgate and Fordham tie with the same league record?

Note: never mind, it was answered above

jimbo65
November 9th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Back in 2003, I think the Hoyas came "oh so close" to beating Colgate the year the Red Raiders went to the NCAA Finals.
As I recall, the "raiders" lost 42-0.

Gate83
November 9th, 2015, 06:37 PM
As I recall, the "raiders" lost 42-0.

40-0, actually. Game got out of hand quick. But we did get there, let me know when the "rams" can make a similar claim...

Bill
November 9th, 2015, 06:41 PM
I think Fordham won the national title as recently as 1929....only 3 years before Gate's 3 way tie for the title. Ah, the good ole days :)

PAllen
November 9th, 2015, 06:54 PM
40-0, actually. Game got out of hand quick. But we did get there, let me know when the "rams" can make a similar claim...

I also believe that half of the team had the flu as well. Not saying they would have won against that great Delaware team, but under normal circumstances, it wouldn't have been a six td loss.

Go...gate
November 9th, 2015, 07:40 PM

+1

Engineer86
November 9th, 2015, 07:47 PM
If the PL goes down to a vote and Fordham is not picked for auto-bid, does the committee essentially say the PL ADs got it wrong and give an at-large to FU after the league ADs just picked someone else to rep the league?

Doubtful. If Colgate wins out right, maybe. Honestly FU seems very much like the 10-1 LU team, only with 2 losses.

Go...gate
November 9th, 2015, 07:52 PM
I don't know how you keep Fordham out at 9-2.

Engineer86
November 9th, 2015, 08:01 PM
I don't know how you keep Fordham out at 9-2.

That sounds so familiar. However, maybe without the MEAC auto bid it makes a difference.

But again picking FU after the ADs picked someone else would essentially say PL ADs got it wrong, or the PL is worthy of two bids. Nothing in our OOC performance says that. Even if the committee thinks the ADs got it wrong would they be willing to give back a second bid based on overall league strength and FU not winning the auto bid? May be a mute point, but I would like to see it, because it would mean LU at least put ourselves into consideration. All I can ask for.

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2015, 10:24 PM

Yes. Everyone is confusing this game with another or being sarcastic.

Colgate won 20-19 on a trick play in the dying seconds of the game. I can't recall exactly what happened.

In 2008, Colgate and Gtown didn't play because Gtown got the flu.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 9th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Was a MAAC team ever ranked? Even for a week?

ngineer
November 9th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Lehigh at Colgate should be a great contest. Both teams playing well. Lehigh getting thin on defense losing Caslow for the season, and Ripanti hurt last week and questionable. Still, the 'youngsters' stepped up and did a very nice job. Offense is clicking on multiple cylinders and balanced. Current weather looks like a 'balmy' day for Hamilton standards and no precip, so going with the Brownsters, 34-27.

Rams at Georgetown is interesting as Hoyas have a decent defense and can keep it close enough for a break or two bring the upset. Edmonds has been held down last two weeks and I assume Hoyas staff have totally dissected those tapes. Sticking my neck out for a Holy Hoya upset! Georgetown, 23-21.

Holy Cross' defense was abysmal last week, enough for me to think that Bucky will be able to score enough to pull this out at home, 26-21.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 9th, 2015, 10:48 PM
I don't think that a conference is given bids. Teams, based on their schedule and records are. Fordham has been on everyone's radar all year and won't be missed by a committee win a lot of four-loss teams. Getting past G-Town is hardly a gimmee. If Colgate beats Lehigh, they claim the autobid, by virtue of their win over Fordham. A loss to Bucknell would have no consequence. Losing to Lehigh is much more problematic for Colgate but way entertaining.

NY Crusader 2010
November 9th, 2015, 10:53 PM
If the PL goes down to a vote and Fordham is not picked for auto-bid, does the committee essentially say the PL ADs got it wrong and give an at-large to FU after the league ADs just picked someone else to rep the league?

Doubtful. If Colgate wins out right, maybe. Honestly FU seems very much like the 10-1 LU team, only with 2 losses.

Fordham gets in at 9-2, even though are probably better teams that will get left out. The committee loves FBS wins no matter how bad the opponent. IIRC, this is how the MEAC got two in a couple years back despite a 15 year playoff winless streak. Also have to remember the playoff field was smaller when Lehigh went 10-1 and was denied the bid.

Another thought: couldn't the AD vote for the PL autobid turn into a potential conspiracy theory. Let's say there's a three-way tie. The only team out of the three that would likely be considered for an at-large would be Fordham since 'Gate and Lehigh will each have four losses. Couldn't the committee intentionally vote in either of the two lesser teams on purpose to ensure that the PL wind up with two bids? Seems to me the all-else-fails tiebreaker should be something more concrete, like Sagarin or Massey ranking.

Oh yea, and my picks:

Fordham
Lehigh
Holy Cross

RichH2
November 9th, 2015, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=ngineer;2282270]Lehigh at Colgate should be a great contest. Both teams playing well. Lehigh getting thin on defense losing Caslow for the season, and Ripanti hurt last week and questionable. Still, the 'youngsters' stepped up and did a very nice job. Offense is clicking on multiple cylinders and balanced. Current weather looks like a 'balmy' day for Hamilton standards and no precip, so going with the Brownsters, 34-27.

Rams at Georgetown is interesting as Hoyas have a decent defense and can keep it close enough for a break or two bring the upset. Edmonds has been held down last two weeks and I assume Hoyas staff have totally dissected those tapes. Sticking my neck out for a Holy Hoya upset! Georgetown, 23-21.

Holy Cross' defense was abysmal last week, enough for me to think that Bucky will be able to score enough to pull this out at home, 26-21.[/QUOTE
Some good news. Caslow's tests were negative. No mono,the flu. Not heard yet on Ripanti.]

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Another thought: couldn't the AD vote for the PL autobid turn into a potential conspiracy theory. Let's say there's a three-way tie. The only team out of the three that would likely be considered for an at-large would be Fordham since 'Gate and Lehigh will each have four losses. Couldn't the committee intentionally vote in either of the two lesser teams on purpose to ensure that the PL wind up with two bids? Seems to me the all-else-fails tiebreaker should be something more concrete, like Sagarin or Massey ranking.

Gate would have five losses in that scenario.

Incidentally, the autobid has never, to my knowledge, gone down to this tiebreaker.

van
November 10th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Lehigh (5-4, 3-1) at Colgate (5-4, 4-0) tough to win in Hamilton in November but Engineers are improving and can win with a clean game, will see just how much this week

Fordham (8-2, 3-1) at Georgetown (4-5, 2-2) Rams hard to figure out, Hoyas at home should make it a challenge but too much talent gap

Holy Cross (4-5, 1-3) at Bucknell (4-5, 1-3) was not impressed with cross last week and Buffs at home should be the difference

31-17 on the year

ColgateTD
November 10th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Fordham over G'town: Interesting game. Despite the Hoyas' "Season to Remember" the Rams will be trying to justify a post-season selection and get back to hammering their opponents, 32-17

Holy Cross over Bucknell: PP will have a breakout game ( a little late) at Christy Mathewson and the Bison D will have no answers for the Cross air game, 35-16

Colgate over Lehigh: All the marbles on the table in this one. Prediction of possible snow/rain showers and 35 degrees might help 'Gate. PL Championship will be decided by LU's O or the Raiders' D - whomever shows up. I'm guessing Coach Hunt learned just enough from Dick Biddle to hex the EnginHawks, 28-24.

33-4 on the season (89.18918%)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 10th, 2015, 05:51 PM
The forecsat keeps getting a little bit colder for Saturday in Hamilton. Now it's looking like the upper 30's and perhaps "persistent" snow showers. I'm tossing around driving up.....

Southsider
November 10th, 2015, 06:07 PM
The forecsat keeps getting a little bit colder for Saturday in Hamilton. Now it's looking like the upper 30's and perhaps "persistent" snow showers. I'm tossing around driving up.....

Guess this one may call for ground & pound?

PAllen
November 10th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Guess this one may call for ground & pound?

So the real question is: Are Colgate's front seven as bad as HC's?

RichH2
November 10th, 2015, 09:03 PM
So the real question is: Are Colgate's front seven as bad as HC's?
No,very good pass rush bunch. Very light,so ground and pound likely to be the scheme.

ngineer
November 10th, 2015, 11:06 PM

There's still some room on the South Side Booster bus. Leaving from Stabler Arena at 7 a.m. on Saturday.

CFBfan
November 11th, 2015, 06:28 AM
No,very good pass rush bunch. Very light,so ground and pound likely to be the scheme.

you might want to ask joe moorehead how ground and pound worked for him and chase Edmonds vs gate.....

Bill
November 11th, 2015, 06:32 AM

In the immortal words of Hank Small: "Throw the football"

Southsider
November 11th, 2015, 07:00 AM
you might want to ask joe moorehead how ground and pound worked for him and chase Edmonds vs gate.....

Yes, but FU has 1 real threat. LU has several. And, if used properly, could be very effective.

CFBfan
November 11th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Yes, but FU has 1 real threat. LU has several. And, if used properly, could be very effective.

how many FU games have you been at this year?

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Lehigh
Fordham
Bucknell

Last Week: 2-1 Season: 39-11

Lehigh'98
November 11th, 2015, 07:38 AM

It starts and ends with the Oline. With Mayes in, we now have a deep threat to keep them honest. CFB, how do you think Fordham line is in comparison to Lehigh's? I'm not sure if Lehigh can win this, but I like our chances a lot more than I did 3 weeks ago.

CFBfan
November 11th, 2015, 07:42 AM
It starts and ends with the Oline. With Mayes in, we now have a deep threat to keep them honest. CFB, how do you think Fordham line is in comparison to Lehigh's? I'm not sure if Lehigh can win this, but I like our chances a lot more than I did 3 weeks ago.

FU's O line did not look good at all vs gate

Gate83
November 11th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Our defensive front 7 have been our strength the last couple of weeks. Pretty remarkable with our best DL out for the year. If it's ground & pound, I like our chances.

CFBfan
November 11th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Our defensive front 7 have been our strength the last couple of weeks. Pretty remarkable with our best DL out for the year. If it's ground & pound, I like our chances.

agreed. gate secondary is not good, they have been torched all year especially the cb's they are not good!
despite 23 getting a pic & accolades last week he has been below avg all year and 10 is worse.
on the pards 2nd possession last week # 2 dropped 2 balls in the endzone and both were against #23 just wide open drops!!!

Fordhamanhattan
November 11th, 2015, 08:06 AM
The Rams of Fordham are facing the third Patriot League opponent of the last four coming off a bye week. Certainly better for a defensive front to counter a running attack with two weeks to rest, repair and prepare, says I. This game is obviously critical for the Rams. Georgetown has had some bad days but overall looks like a program on the rise with new facilities and a very good coach. I expect a real battle as the Georgetown seniors would like to graduate with one victory over their once Jesuit rivals in a series that began in 1890.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2015, 08:20 AM
There's still some room on the South Side Booster bus. Leaving from Stabler Arena at 7 a.m. on Saturday.

I'm not too far from the NY border so Colgate isn't a bad drive. I've already scouted a couple of places to grab a bite to eat after the game. Hopefully the weather cooperates! Lehigh has a good record when I attend a game at Andy Kerr. Although I still remember '99 like it was yesterday.

Good chance I make 3 road games (JMU and Princeton so far) but not a single one at Goodman. Still seeing what I can come up with for #151....

I hear there's several big athletic events going on at Colgate Saturday! Might have to get there early to get a spot!

RichH2
November 11th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Hank never cared what D he was facing,he ran his O.
I expect LU will run the same 50/50 offense. The ground and pound is a big part of that. Depending on weather conditions and which QB is on the field will determine whether more emphasis is put on run.
I have watched Fordham a bunch this year. Edmonds is just as good now as he has been all year. The OL is not. For whatever reason that unit has dissolved. Rams have talent on O,but it is driven by Edmonds alone. With no OL that O does not score.
Lehigh O has a very good OL,5 WRs and 3 RBs as well as 2 excellent QBs. A defense cannot focus on one aspect alone to meet this O. On O our problem earlier this year was our own mistakes. Still an issue but not at anywhere near the same level.
I wish I could say the same for our D. It has improved markedly over the season. At times it can be very good for extended periods but not yet for a whole game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Lehigh has to play better in the second half! They've been outscored by a large, LARGE margin the last 3 weeks. Colgate is a team that gets stronger as the game progresses. Halftime adjustments and bringing it for 4 quarters will be huge.

CFBfan
November 11th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Hank never cared what D he was facing,he ran his O.
I expect LU will run the same 50/50 offense. The ground and pound is a big part of that. Depending on weather conditions and which QB is on the field will determine whether more emphasis is put on run.
I have watched Fordham a bunch this year. Edmonds is just as good now as he has been all year. The OL is not. For whatever reason that unit has dissolved. Rams have talent on O,but it is driven by Edmonds alone. With no OL that O does not score.
Lehigh O has a very good OL,5 WRs and 3 RBs as well as 2 excellent QBs. A defense cannot focus on one aspect alone to meet this O. On O our problem earlier this year was our own mistakes. Still an issue but not at anywhere near the same level.
I wish I could say the same for our D. It has improved markedly over the season. At times it can be very good for extended periods but not yet for a whole game.

sounds like gate d will have it's hands full and could likely loose.....I would consider a 50/50 O balanced though NOT ground and pound!!!

eiu1999
November 11th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Lehigh at Colgate
Fordham at Georgetown
Holy Cross at Bucknell

CFBfan
November 11th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Lehigh has to play better in the second half! They've been outscored by a large, LARGE margin the last 3 weeks. Colgate is a team that gets stronger as the game progresses. Halftime adjustments and bringing it for 4 quarters will be huge.

Not always true! yes against HC & LC but they gave away leads in the 2nd half / 4th quarter several times this year.
were greatly out played in the 2nd half by Yale, Cornell and GTown
they either play a good 1st half or a good 2nd half with the lone exception of FU where they play 3.5 quarters before almost giving the game away to FU

Doc QB
November 11th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Hank never cared what D he was facing,he ran his O. We have a very good OL,5 WRs and 3 RBs as well as 2 excellent QBs. A defense cannot focus on one aspect alone to meet this O. On O our problem earlier this year was our own mistakes. Still an issue but not at anywhere near the same level.

Agree Rich, Hanks O predicated on knowing a defensive scheme's holes/mismatches/etc, exploiting it, putting tons of calls on the QB at LOS. Our current iteration, over the past few weeks has some of that spark. Some were ready to fire Andy and hang the OC after some lackluster offensive performances, with a feeling we had better talent on O than what we were showing. Now we have limited some mistakes, stretch the field with an improved passing attack, and have an Oline starting to pound it at times. It is a unit beginning to develop an ability to take charge. The youth maturing and Folmar improving as the year has gone on is encouraging. I was on the 'need a change' bandwagon to some extent, but am happy we have improved in this phase of the game. Next challenge is to NOT take the foot of the gas in the second half, play a complete game on O, go for the carotid (bleeds more than the jugular, I should know). That can help a, dare I say, improving defense? They have shown some flashes too...when we pressure, blitz, send the LBs, we can be disruptive. I'd rather be burned on D when being aggressive, blitzing, opposing QB making a great blitz-beating play than sitting back, rushing four, getting picked apart. Time to finish season balls to the wall, play like we have nothing to lose and have fun.

Bill
November 11th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Agree Rich, Hanks O predicated on knowing a defensive scheme's holes/mismatches/etc, exploiting it, putting tons of calls on the QB at LOS. O

Good points by you & Rich. I was a huge fan of Hank's system. Doc, I honestly remember he was so into the scheme that he would always stop Team 0 & 7 on 7 to find out why we, (the lowly scout team :) were reacting the way we did to certain plays and what the QB did. It seemed weird to me at the time, but looking back I know he was trying to get the best plays and subsequent reads for his O.

RichH2
November 11th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Carotid,eh?:) . Sounds like a plan. Last year and at the start of this,I voiced my reservations about the OC rather loudly. Excellent point Doc. He has grown into the job very well this year. A maturation of his players and himself. Impressed by his game plans and in game calls.
Yale was ,I think,the turning point for the OL. Since being totally dominated by Yale,they have improved every week. Coach Marino has done a great job with that unit. Counter plays are like watching a big ugly ballet :)

Doc QB
November 11th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Carotid,eh?:) . Sounds like a plan. Last year and at the start of this,I voiced my reservations about the OC rather loudly. Excellent point Doc. He has grown into the job very well this year. A maturation of his players and himself. Impressed by his game plans and in game calls.
Yale was ,I think,the turning point for the OL. Since being totally dominated by Yale,they have improved every week. Coach Marino has done a great job with that unit. Counter plays are like watching a big ugly ballet :)

Yeah, I do the most carotid operations in the Valley. And, yes, OL line coach has shown some improvement, too. Hope we keep the confidence and sustain it, this weekend and into 151.

ColgateTD
November 11th, 2015, 10:57 AM

Sages say the Colgate D is its strength, and that LU will not have faced a D this good all year. Whereas our O is more of a weakness of the team - inconsistent and can't always count on it to bring it... (although better than at the first of the season; Melville is beginning to gel as he gets more used to the college playbook). 'Gate field goal unit is not consistent this year and much less successful than last season. This game could come down to 3 pts needed at the end of 60 minutes; I wouldn't bet the farm on our being 100% successful. Ergo, edge to LU.

RichH2
November 11th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Agree,Gate D front 7 is quite good,same cannot be said for back 4. Fans may be overestimating Gate's D somewhat. LU may have a definite edge in STs. Mish is pretty accurate from 50 yds in. All 3 KRs are dynamic.
My gut feeling is the team that limits mistakes better will get the W.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Would Andy think about giving Shaf the start and focusing on the ground game the first few drives? It's something I'd think about if I were coach.

Fordham
November 11th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Yes, but FU has 1 real threat. LU has several. And, if used properly, could be very effective. thath could not be further from the truth. Anderson is tremendous at QB and at 6'8", Odom is a great target who has tremendous athleticism. He's had some issues with drops but overall he'll get as much of a shot to play on Sundays as anyone on a current PL roster imo.

Our entire issue has come down to this ...

FU's O line did not look good at all vs gate

wish it was just against gate. I don't have an answer but we have definitely not improved as the year as gone on, on either side of the lines (yet!).

PAllen
November 11th, 2015, 12:16 PM
sounds like gate d will have it's hands full and could likely loose.....I would consider a 50/50 O balanced though NOT ground and pound!!!

For Air Lehigh 50/50 is ground and pound.

RichH2
November 11th, 2015, 12:27 PM
thath could not be further from the truth. Anderson is tremendous at QB and at 6'8", Odom is a great target who has tremendous athleticism. He's had some issues with drops but overall he'll get as much of a shot to play on Sundays as anyone on a current PL roster imo.

Our entire issue has come down to this ...

wish it was just against gate. I don't have an answer but we have definitely not improved as the year as gone on, on either side of the lines (yet!).
True Fordham. Rams have some other good skills. Also true,your O is centered on Chase,as it should be. OL collapse has stopped Edmonds as he rarely gets much beyond the LOS. The point is your other skills cannot step up. Not sure whether that is scheme or anility. There are ways to minimize ,if not correct OL failure. FU has not or is not capable of doing so.

RichH2
November 11th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Would Andy think about giving Shaf the start and focusing on the ground game the first few drives? It's something I'd think about if I were coach.
Andy said today that Nick will start. Brad's PT will depend on game situation. Definite we'll run a lot. Even Nick this year,O split between run and pass has been fairly even.

Fordham
November 11th, 2015, 12:46 PM
True Fordham. Rams have some other good skills. Also true,your O is centered on Chase,as it should be. OL collapse has stopped Edmonds as he rarely gets much beyond the LOS. The point is your other skills cannot step up. Not sure whether that is scheme or anility. There are ways to minimize ,if not correct OL failure. FU has not or is not capable of doing so.
My post was just with regard to the comment that all we have is Chase.

I disagree that the OL has been a failure overall, just simply that we regressed a bit lately. Last four games:

a. Holy Cross - Chase ran for 162 yards while our QB Anderson ran for 115 against HC (our D made this close)
b. Lehigh - Chase runs for 349!! while Anderson passed for 4 TD's (again, it was our D that made this one close).
c. Colgate - Chase runs for only 58 yards with 'Gate intent on stopping him but Anderson throws for 378 yards and 4 TD's. Take what the D gives you and we did exactly that imo. (Once again, not the OL or offenses fault in this one - our D is why we lost this one).
d. Bucknell - Chase runs for 62 and 1 TD while Anderson throws for 296yds, 2 TD's but 2 INT's too. This is the one where I feel like we were really beaten and it's more so a credit to the character of the team that we gutted out the win. Our D also performed better than it had in the previous three.

Just posting this since sometimes people post things and they get legs as if true but really aren't. If I were an Offensive coach or the parent of an FU OLman, I would look back on that stretch and say that just because Bucknell's DL played us very tough doesn't mean that the OL is anywhere near a 'problem' or 'failure' for Fordham.

Kudos to Bucknell btw. They not only did what 'Gate did in stopping Chase but they were able to force turnovers from Anderson. I still think that play call at the end by Susan was horrendous but otherwise a very strong coaching performance imo (as always).

CFBfan
November 11th, 2015, 12:53 PM

I disagree that the OL has been a failure overall, just simply that we regressed a bit lately. Last four games:

a. Holy Cross - Chase ran for 162 yards while our QB Anderson ran for 115 against HC (our D made this close)
b. Lehigh - Chase runs for 349!! while Anderson passed for 4 TD's (again, it was our D that made this one close).
c. Colgate - Chase runs for only 58 yards with 'Gate intent on stopping him but Anderson throws for 378 yards and 4 TD's. Take what the D gives you and we did exactly that imo. (Once again, not the OL or offenses fault in this one - our D is why we lost this one).
d. Bucknell - Chase runs for 62 and 1 TD while Anderson throws for 296yds, 2 TD's but 2 INT's too. This is the one where I feel like we were really beaten and it's more so a credit to the character of the team that we gutted out the win. Our D also performed better than it had in the previous three.

Just posting this since sometimes people post things and they get legs as if true but really aren't. If I were an Offensive coach or the parent of an FU OLman, I would look back on that stretch and say that just because Bucknell's DL played us very tough doesn't mean that the OL is anywhere near a 'problem' or 'failure' for Fordham.

Kudos to Bucknell btw. They not only did what 'Gate did in stopping Chase but they were able to force turnovers from Anderson. I still think that play call at the end by Susan was horrendous but otherwise a very strong coaching performance imo (as always).

very good post Fordham....you know them Lehigh boys, they tend to get carried away a bit!

Fordham
November 11th, 2015, 01:02 PM
very good post Fordham....you know them Lehigh boys, they tend to get carried away a bit!
ha. no worries - I enjoy RichH's posts so that wasn't meant to be a harsh response as much as an informative one since it's easy to look at the box score of the last two games and assume that the OL has gone in the tank. If I were a DC I would load up the box and say that someone other than Chase has to beat me, just like 'Gate and Bucknell did. One time we found a way to win, one time we didn't.

Shifting gears, and sorry if this was answered in a different thread that I missed, but has a three way tie that had to be decided by the AD's ever happened in the PL?

Lehigh'98
November 11th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Suprised Shafinsky is starting. Wonder how many series before we see Mayes?

RichH2
November 11th, 2015, 01:36 PM
ha. no worries - I enjoy RichH's posts so that wasn't meant to be a harsh response as much as an informative one since it's easy to look at the box score of the last two games and assume that the OL has gone in the tank. If I were a DC I would load up the box and say that someone other than Chase has to beat me, just like 'Gate and Bucknell did. One time we found a way to win, one time we didn't.

Shifting gears, and sorry if this was answered in a different thread that I missed, but has a three way tie that had to be decided by the AD's ever happened in the PL?
Sorry,meant to answer,not that I can find.

RichH2
November 11th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Word from practice is the cold and rain did not slow Brad down. My guess is we'll see both a lot . Latest forecast is chilly but rain should be done.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2015, 02:18 PM

I would have liked to see Mayes get the start. He can drive the ball downfield while Shaf really can't. Colgate's strength is their front 7. I have to think there will be a couple of trick plays on Saturday.

Southsider
November 11th, 2015, 02:38 PM

Been off line for a few hours............anyway, I was referring to the running back position, not the entire "O".

FordhamFan
November 11th, 2015, 04:41 PM

Great stuff Fordham. I will note, however, that a lot of Chase's yards in those big games come on big plays...more a testament to him than to our OLine, but obviously both deserve ample amounts of credit for those totals.

In my opinion a lot of it comes down to the OLine, but also that every other skill position is filled by a first year starter. Fordham is starting three freshman at WR now since Cantelli went down. Don't get me wrong, those freshmen (especially Longi and Caddle) are going to be a force next year and going forward, but they are just not the playmakers we're used to on the perimeter from FU.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2015, 04:58 PM
The weather could be real interesting in Hamilton. AccuWeather has 38 snow/rain shower and this is the kicker, wind steady 20 mph gusts 36 mph with real feel at 24 degrees. I think it's going to be quite tundra like....

RichH2
November 11th, 2015, 05:06 PM
This morning they had precip ending in the AM with 15-20 mph winds. Dang

Fordham
November 11th, 2015, 05:53 PM
The weather could be real interesting in Hamilton. AccuWeather has 38 snow/rain shower and this is the kicker, wind steady 20 mph gusts 36 mph with real feel at 24 degrees. I think it's going to be quite tundra like....
I know that favors Colgate but always wondered why that was the case. It's not as though all of the Gate kids are former Canadian hockey players who were born into an ice filled lake. I understand they practice in it but not sure why that's an advantage. Not saying it's not a real thing, just more so wondering why it is? Always wondered that since my playing days. I think teams who play in colder climes psyche themselves up into thinking it's an advantage just like we used to convince ourselves that we were tough because we were from the Bronx (but we're really from all over).

Pard4Life
November 11th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Colgate players eat tundra for breakfast.

It's psychological.

Gate83
November 11th, 2015, 06:55 PM
I know that favors Colgate but always wondered why that was the case. It's not as though all of the Gate kids are former Canadian hockey players who were born into an ice filled lake. I understand they practice in it but not sure why that's an advantage. Not saying it's not a real thing, just more so wondering why it is? Always wondered that since my playing days. I think teams who play in colder climes psyche themselves up into thinking it's an advantage just like we used to convince ourselves that we were tough because we were from the Bronx (but we're really from all over).

Under Biddle we played to the cold weather. Running game, ball control, defense, same philosophy that has traditionally worked for the Giants in the Meadowlands (and why they're going nowhere this year).

I'd feel more confident about CU if we were closing teams out the way we used to. Blowing it vs Yale, letting Fordham feel like the game was close (it wasn't until the last minute) has me worried that our traditional formula isn't as cemented into this team as it was in the past. Probably the signature of a young team, as like Lehigh & Fordham we only start a handful of seniors.

By the way, our players love "Hate the Gate" week. Bring it on!

ngineer
November 11th, 2015, 09:39 PM
The Rams of Fordham are facing the third Patriot League opponent of the last four coming off a bye week. Certainly better for a defensive front to counter a running attack with two weeks to rest, repair and prepare, says I. This game is obviously critical for the Rams. Georgetown has had some bad days but overall looks like a program on the rise with new facilities and a very good coach. I expect a real battle as the Georgetown seniors would like to graduate with one victory over their once Jesuit rivals in a series that began in 1890.

They are no longer Jesuit????

ngineer
November 11th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I'm not too far from the NY border so Colgate isn't a bad drive. I've already scouted a couple of places to grab a bite to eat after the game. Hopefully the weather cooperates! Lehigh has a good record when I attend a game at Andy Kerr. Although I still remember '99 like it was yesterday.

Good chance I make 3 road games (JMU and Princeton so far) but not a single one at Goodman. Still seeing what I can come up with for #151....

I hear there's several big athletic events going on at Colgate Saturday! Might have to get there early to get a spot!

Also, Lehigh's soccer team plays Colgate Friday night in the PL Semi-Finals.

ngineer
November 11th, 2015, 10:00 PM
With the wind projected to be 15-20 one question will be from what direction. Cross winds will wreak havoc on everything, whereas vertical will effect the team heading 'into it' for that quarter. That could well impact when and which QB plays. Regardless, I believe our record AT Andy Kerr has been pretty good over the years, even in cold weather. I remember some very nice wins in the cold up there in recent years. It's tougher on the fans. Key will be our D doing what they did last week in disrupting Pujols. The pressure really impacted his throws as he was frequently off the mark do to having to unload it. CU QB is more like Shafnisky who is mobile. IMO, sort of like attacking the option. Put the pressure on and force the QB to act before he wants to. That's what causes TO's and I think that will tip the scales for the winning team. Andy says Shaf is starting, but that could change if a strong wind is at our back when we get the ball.

RichH2
November 11th, 2015, 10:09 PM
With the wind projected to be 15-20 one question will be from what direction. Cross winds will wreak havoc on everything, whereas vertical will effect the team heading 'into it' for that quarter. That could well impact when and which QB plays. Regardless, I believe our record AT Andy Kerr has been pretty good over the years, even in cold weather. I remember some very nice wins in the cold up there in recent years. It's tougher on the fans. Key will be our D doing what they did last week in disrupting Pujols. The pressure really impacted his throws as he was frequently off the mark do to having to unload it. CU QB is more like Shafnisky who is mobile. IMO, sort of like attacking the option. Put the pressure on and force the QB to act before he wants to. That's what causes TO's and I think that will tip the scales for the winning team. Andy says Shaf is starting, but that could change if a strong wind is at our back when we get the ball.
Or the wind is in our face and we need to pass.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Under Biddle we played to the cold weather. Running game, ball control, defense, same philosophy that has traditionally worked for the Giants in the Meadowlands (and why they're going nowhere this year).

I'd feel more confident about CU if we were closing teams out the way we used to. Blowing it vs Yale, letting Fordham feel like the game was close (it wasn't until the last minute) has me worried that our traditional formula isn't as cemented into this team as it was in the past. Probably the signature of a young team, as like Lehigh & Fordham we only start a handful of seniors.

By the way, our players love "Hate the Gate" week. Bring it on!

As a non-Lehigh alum I look at the Colgate darn near the same way I look at Lehigh-Lafayette! This has been such a huge game dating back to 1998. My first trip to Hamilton came in 1997 when I watched Colgate rush for something like 500 yards in a complete demolition. The highlight from that game was seeing Ron Jean make his first real appearance iirc.

The 1999 game was probably the most infamous and hotly contested game I remember. Lehigh entered with a 20+ regular season winning streak and was ranked in the Top 10 iirc. Colgate entered the game with only one loss and was also ranked. Lehigh jumped out early but Colgate methodically came back and ultimately won. I still remember Vena's actions as time was running out. Trust me, I'm sure there were a few Lehigh players who were talking too. I'm not sure if the teams really ever shook hands afterwards. That was a very long drive home. That was also the last day Penn State was ranked #1 in football...:p

The 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2013 (I flew in for Thanksgiving early from Montana to attend) games also had major playoff/league ramifications. Generally speaking, Lehigh has played well in Hamilton over the last 15-20 years. Especially when both teams had something on the line. I think they relish the opportunity to play up there.

I think it's smart for the Colgate players to feed off the elements. Their crowd support will never be big enough to create a "hostile" environment so why not use the weather instead? I'm actually the glad the weather is looking like it is! Gets me pumped up!

ngineer
November 11th, 2015, 10:22 PM

Well, I was talking about starting the game. If we are trailing and we need to pass, no question Mayes will be out there, except on 3rd and short.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2015, 10:31 PM

Given the temps my guess is the wind will be coming from the north, or from the scoreboard end zone. It's going to be cold! 2001 or 2011 were probably the coldest games I remember up there. Given the wind, Saturday might rival those days....

Leopard Loyalist
November 11th, 2015, 11:11 PM
Back to predictions. 37-13 on the season.

Fordham overcomes a stout effort by Georgetown
Colgate uses home cooking and home weather to beat Lehigh
Bucknell edges Holy Cross

CFBfan
November 12th, 2015, 07:27 AM

let's not forget the near debacle at Cornell!!! almost giving up a 3 TD lead

Fordhamanhattan
November 12th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Georgetown has a secular President and a very small Jesuit footprint.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2015, 09:51 AM
I know that favors Colgate but always wondered why that was the case. It's not as though all of the Gate kids are former Canadian hockey players who were born into an ice filled lake.

Wait a minute.... Time to edit my preview, then! :D

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2015, 09:56 AM
The truth is that Colgate found a way to win against Holy Cross (coming from behind), found a way to hold off Georgetown, and batted down a game-tying 2-point conversion attempt to beat nationally-ranked Fordham. AFAIC they are strong finishers and know how to win tough Patriot League football games, at home or on the road, coming from behind or holding onto a lead. They may have played with fire this year, but they're still not burned.

RichH2
November 12th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Well as my grandma told me, ..play with fire ,eventually you will get burned.:)

Bill
November 12th, 2015, 10:45 AM

But do they carry a big Jesuit stick? xlolx

Fordham
November 12th, 2015, 10:46 AM
The truth is that Colgate found a way to win against Holy Cross (coming from behind), found a way to hold off Georgetown, and batted down a game-tying 2-point conversion attempt to beat nationally-ranked Fordham. AFAIC they are strong finishers and know how to win tough Patriot League football games, at home or on the road, coming from behind or holding onto a lead. They may have played with fire this year, but they're still not burned.
I agree. I feel the same about our crew as they either hung on or came from behind in really tough match ups with Army, Penn, HC, Lehigh and Bucknell and came about as close as one could to coming back in that 'Gate game when the preceding couple of hours indicated that we shouldn't have any shot. We have a high character bunch and I think the same of those Colgate kids who have found a way to win some close ones.

DFW HOYA
November 12th, 2015, 12:42 PM

There are 35 Jesuits teaching at Georgetown. Per the Fordham web site, "30 or so" Jesuits.

https://www.fordham.edu/info/24738/jesuits_at_fordham

Go...gate
November 12th, 2015, 04:00 PM

Say what???? xconfusedxxrolleyesxxsmhxxrotatehxxnonono2xxcrazyx xnutsx

RichH2
November 12th, 2015, 04:57 PM
What other confetence debates Jesuits. Gotta love this bunch :):)

Bill
November 12th, 2015, 06:51 PM
What other conference debates Jesuits? Gotta love this bunch :):)

Since you asked...
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21755&stc=1 (http://www.ncfl.org/gnt)

This one! xlolx

RichH2
November 12th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Since you asked...
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21755&stc=1 (http://www.ncfl.org/gnt)

This one! xlolx
:):) Very good.

Gate83
November 12th, 2015, 08:57 PM
On my way north tomorrow, might hit the soccer game in the afternoon if it's not snowing. Hope to see some Engineers at the tailgate Saturday!

ngineer
November 12th, 2015, 09:19 PM

So how does that affect the sole? (;-)

ngineer
November 12th, 2015, 09:20 PM
On my way north tomorrow, might hit the soccer game in the afternoon if it's not snowing. Hope to see some Engineers at the tailgate Saturday!

South Side Booster Bus should pull in around 10:30-11 a.m. In the past they have parked us over behind the hockey rink.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 12th, 2015, 09:26 PM

I bought some hand warmers tonight in preparation for the tundra! The weather will ultimately dictate my arrival. Hopefully I don't get stuck behind grandma on Route 12!

It still looks very windy!

Lehigh hoops opens up against Syracuse tomorrow night! I actually think they have a puncher's chance! Colgate fans kinda ,sorta probably want Lehigh to win that one....:D

RichH2
November 12th, 2015, 09:31 PM
So how does that affect the sole? (;-)
GROAN...You just cant help it:):)
Roared..woke up W from her doze on the couch.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 12th, 2015, 09:36 PM
South Side Booster Bus should pull in around 10:30-11 a.m. In the past they have parked us over behind the hockey rink.

Hopefully The Chipper and you guys bring the A game!!

Gate83
November 12th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Lehigh hoops opens up against Syracuse tomorrow night! I actually think they have a puncher's chance! Colgate fans kinda ,sorta probably want Lehigh to win that one....:D

Gate fans don't even know hoop season is starting. However, many would tell you the football game is a mere sideshow to the home & home with Cornell hockey this weekend...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 12th, 2015, 10:11 PM
I'm watching a replay of the Miami-Penn State game from 1992 and it's amazing how much coverage Northeast 1AA football got, relatively speaking, back then. John Saunders mentioned that Fordham has lost 4 games by a total of 6 points. He also pointed out that Villanova was undefeated, W&M ranked #10 during their game against Penn and Keith Elias was leading the country in rushing. All Yankee, Ivy League and Patriot League scores were highlighted by ABC and given with some bit of commentary....

PAllen
November 12th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Gotta go with:

Colgate - I think last week was more about how bad HC is than how good LU is.
Fordham - It'll be close for a while, but better coaching and Fordham errors will not be enough to get the Hoyas through
Bucknell - The Bison are at home. HC is reeling.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Gate fans don't even know hoop season is starting. However, many would tell you the football game is a mere sideshow to the home & home with Cornell hockey this weekend...

http://www.gocurrycracker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cm-23138-050624abe3a9e6.jpeg

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2015, 12:10 AM
Game Preview, Lehigh At Colgate:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/game-preview-lehigh-at-colgate-11142015.html

Tons of good stuff in here. Hint: Fred Dunlap.

Go...gate
November 13th, 2015, 12:28 AM
Great write-up, LFN!!!

Lehigh'98
November 13th, 2015, 08:01 AM
After watching the Princeton game up close, I predicted Lehigh didn't look good but would probably finish 6-5 simply because the PL was so weak this year. Even though the team has improved thanks to a new QB, I still think this prediction will hold. Sans Army, there are no real good OOC wins for the league. Hoping I'm dead wrong, but Colgate 44-27. Hoping they win a game in the playoffs.

Georgetown will hang tough for 3 qtrs, then Fordham pulls away late. 46-31. Fordham gets last at large,but unless they play Bryant, they get smoked.

Cross bucks up Bucknell. Disappointed with both teams this year. 27-22.

Lafayette heals up and smacks around the bye week, but Frank punts late in the game going in from the 10 and bye runs out the clock. 5-4. They get fired up for Squaks of brown slime though and probably end up embarrassing us at home next week because they have a knack of condensing entire seasons into this game. Andy considers it a successful season and Tavani finishes out his contract next season. :)

RichH2
November 13th, 2015, 10:40 AM
34-16
Fordham
Bucknell
Hamilton a pile of IFs for both teams. At the point today of overthinking my overthinking of yesterday. LEHIGH.

Sandlapper Spike
November 13th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Lehigh
Fordham
Bucknell

Go...gate
November 13th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Fordham 27, Georgetown 21

Holy Cross 22, Bucknell 16

Colgate 20, Lehigh 17

Bonus Pick: Princeton 33, Yale 28

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Fordham 27, Georgetown 21

Holy Cross 22, Bucknell 16

Colgate 20, Lehigh 17

Bonus Pick: Princeton 33, Yale 28

I'll tell you right now if Lehigh only scores 17 points they will lose.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Always love 'Gate week! It's a shame it's moving to early October next year! It's suppose to be played under cold temps and grey skies!

Big day for Temple and Lehigh tomorrow! Both have tough road tests and a good amount on the line! I'm glad the Owls play at 7! I should just about make kick-off....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2015, 10:01 PM
I'll get my record before next week....

Bucknell 27 Holy Cross 20 - The Crusaders looked terrible last week while the Bison continue to fight. I'll take the home team...

Fordham 40 Georgetown 24 - The Hoyas make it interesting for 3 quarters but lack the horses to pull off the upset...

Lehigh 32 Colgate 27 - For whatever reason Lehigh plays well in Hamilton under these circumstances. I think their weapons on offense and kicking game make the difference....

ngineer
November 13th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Game Preview, Lehigh At Colgate:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/game-preview-lehigh-at-colgate-11142015.html

Tons of good stuff in here. Hint: Fred Dunlap.

Excellent article. Having played for Fred, it is always good to see him in Hamilton. And this year, he will be travelling to Bethlehem next week to dine with his players after #151 is in the books. I understand a good number of copies of his biography will be available pre and post game.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2015, 12:52 AM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/game-breakdown-lehigh-at-colgate.html

Fordham 31, G'Town 17

Bucknell 24, Holy Cross 21

Lafayette 2, Bye 0

Southsider
November 14th, 2015, 06:51 AM
I'll tell you right now if Lehigh only scores 17 points they will lose.

I'll tell you right now if Colgate only scores 20 Lehigh will win xnodx

carney2
November 14th, 2015, 08:22 AM
And LFN picks Lehigh ... again. That certainly is a fearless prediction if fearless is suddenly a synonym for homer.

Sader87
November 14th, 2015, 09:04 AM
36-14 on the year, copied and pasted from CROSSPORTS:

The Apple-1 sees this weekend's tilts thusly:

Fordham 34 GTown 17 A bettah game than most thought a couple months ago but Rams need the W desperately to stay alive play-off wise.

Colgate 20 Lehigh 17 Difference being the home frozen-tundra of Hamilton.

Bucknell 23 HC 20 Bison kick a FG as time expires in Lewisberg.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2015, 10:40 AM
For all you haters, aside from last week's picks, which I did by the seat of my pants... I have picked every Lehigh game CORRECTLY this year... that's right, I know nothing about Lehigh...

Fordham 38, Georgetown 14... too many weapons; non-schollie vs. schollie becomes apparent

Lehigh 35, Colgate 31... Stain seems to be figuring it out down the stretch... good offense, questionable D... don't know how Colgate beat Fordham with what I saw last week

Holy Cross 24, Bucknell 21... Saders win a close game for a change

Bonus: Princeton 28, Yale 21

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 14th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Few snow showers enroute to Hamilton but nothing serious. Perfect day on tbe tundra!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Few snow showers enroute to Hamilton but nothing serious. Perfect day on tbe tundra!

Enjoy yourself. Hurts to not be there.

Andy
November 14th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Andy considers it a successful season :)

A stretch even for me. But, a heluva final week! I'll take it! xnodx

Gate - will watch, leaves can wait
FU
HC

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 12:44 PM
12:30 in 2nd Colgate 14 Lehigh 14 at Hamilton NY

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Melville rushes for TD on 4th down (from 10 yards or so?) and Colgate is up 21-14 with 6:45 in 2nd

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 14th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Two 4th down td's. Defense so bad

FordhamFan
November 14th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Dammit Lehigh! Cmonnnnnnn!

Doc QB
November 14th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Never seen so many holds by OL not called. Atrocious.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 14th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Brags is so good...

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 01:06 PM
TD Bragalone for Lehigh - 61 yard run

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Melville runs to the 1. First down Colgate.

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 01:11 PM
TD Colgate

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Colgate fumbles inside a minute on their 25 and Lehigh recovers and then marches in for TD..Tied at 28 at half. Stay tuned!

DFW HOYA
November 14th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Dowen at one point 28-7, Hoyas closing to 31-28, late 3rd

Doc QB
November 14th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Go HOYAS!

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 01:28 PM

WOW!! Georgetown!

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 01:30 PM

Georgetown coach for coach of the year!

FordhamFan
November 14th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Georgetown coach for coach of the year!

No doubt about it, at least for PL. Doing incredible things with that program

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 01:56 PM
No doubt about it, at least for PL. Doing incredible things with that program

Yep - no question PL coach of the year

DFW HOYA
November 14th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Hoyas intercepted in end zone with 0:26 remaining.

Final: Fordham 38-31.

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Hoyas intercepted in end zone with 0:26 remaining.

Final: Fordham 38-31.

Ugh! Good game Georgetown!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Lehigh muffs punt reception & Colgate recovers at Lehigh 33

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Colgate on 4th and inches rolls in for TD. Drive assisted on an incomplete 3rd and 9 but roughing the passer penalty gives Colgate first down.

Doc QB
November 14th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Horse **** roughing call.

van
November 14th, 2015, 02:13 PM
muffed punt just when we had momentum

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Horse **** roughing call.

Doc I actually agree on that one!!

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:16 PM
End of 3, Colgate 35 Lehigh 28

Doc QB
November 14th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Yeah, but we got a ticky tack roughing call in first half our way. Oh well.

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Yeah, but we got a ticky tack roughing call in first half our way. Oh well.

They said they were calling it close for QBs

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:24 PM
TD Lehigh! Tied at 35

Doc QB
November 14th, 2015, 02:25 PM
They r both runninv qb's, they can take hits, this aint field hockey

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:27 PM
They r both runninv qb's, they can take hits, this aint field hockey

Agreed!!

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:29 PM
That Colgate # 29 is a stud!

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Another for # 29!!

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:33 PM
TD Colgate on 3rd and 9

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 14th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Wow the defense....

Engineer86
November 14th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Our defense is just a sieve. The one stop we do get we can't catch a punt. Let's go offense.

PAllen
November 14th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Wow the defense....

Defense? Where?

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:38 PM
TD Lehigh...Tied at 45!

Doc QB
November 14th, 2015, 02:40 PM
If we had any playmakers or stud DBs we'd be way happier here in Brown-land. Wow.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Time left?

van
November 14th, 2015, 02:42 PM
If we had any playmakers or stud DBs we'd be way happier here in Brown-land. Wow.

CBs actually have had pretty tight coverage, rover however, not so much

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:43 PM
5:26 left

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Theres that # 29 again!

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Russell down to the 5!!

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:48 PM
3 and goal from the 1 now

Lehigh'98
November 14th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Good lord the defense is so bad.

Pards Rule
TD Colgate on the run

Pard4Life
Time?

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Colgate 49 Lehigh 42

- - - Updated - - -

2:49

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Harris good return to the 40

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 02:57 PM
3rd and 1 from the Colgate 40..Time out for injured Braggs

- - - Updated - - -

Shaf gets the first to the 38

- - - Updated - - -

Pass to the 20!

- - - Updated - - -

First down at the 5...less than a minute...

Engineer86
November 14th, 2015, 02:57 PM
If we score, must go for 2

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 03:00 PM
If we score, must go for 2

Or rely on OT??

- - - Updated - - -

Incomplete on first - throwaway

- - - Updated - - -

Overthrown to Pelletier

- - - Updated - - -

Incomplete - threw over his receiver who was open in end zone for a second

- - - Updated - - -

Fourth and goal..this is it...

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Colgate wins!!!

Lehigh'98
November 14th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Congratulations Colgate..

van
November 14th, 2015, 03:03 PM
if Shaf could only be more accurate on his passes, his receivers can get open

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Why dont you run it once? Colgate defense made the stop.

Congrats to them!

Pard4Life
Wow what happened on fourth

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Shaf was rushed and dumped off at last second to a dude who was tackled and then fumbled the ball and Gate recovered..

Doc QB
November 14th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Congrats 'Gate

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Congrats Gate

RichH2
November 14th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Congrats to Gate.

Southsider
November 14th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Shaf was rushed and dumped off at last second to a dude who was tackled and then fumbled the ball and Gate recovered..

Actually, don't think it was a fumble. Ball popped out when he hit the turf.....not that it matters. Shaf was good until the last 4 plays. His accuracy in close is very questionable. Even on the one score to Kelsey he threw the ball a foot off the turf. Very entertaining game. Two total punts, I think. If LU scores on the first possession of the 2nd half, who knows? I was OK with going for it though. Going to miss my first LU/LC game in many, many years as my son is being married next weekend. I know, I know, why didn't he check with me firstxthumbsdownx

Sader87
November 14th, 2015, 03:23 PM
How in God's, green Earth could anyone think Bucknell was going to be good this year??? That was a terrible football team HC played today.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Congrats, Gate. Worthy PL champions.

DatDude
November 14th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Lehigh D sucks.....the end! Hopefully PL gets two teams in, that would be great!

DatDude
November 14th, 2015, 04:10 PM
if Shaf could only be more accurate on his passes, his receivers can get open if you guys had a defense, shaf put up 42 points!

van
November 14th, 2015, 04:15 PM
if you guys had a defense, shaf put up 42 points!

couldn't agree more, but we coulda put up 56 with some better passes

DatDude
November 14th, 2015, 04:25 PM
couldn't agree more, but we coulda put up 56 with some better passesyou mean with some better play calling. All shafs misses you eventually scored. He did miss some passes on last drive. Mayes will start next yr. LU will be in top 2 teams in PL next yr, if you guys cam muster any resemblance of a D

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 14th, 2015, 04:40 PM
I've never seen a team score 3 4th down TD's has that ever happened?

Gate83
November 14th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Couldn't have been more even. Talked to some of the players after the game, they said with the timeouts at the end the coaches made sure they doubled Pelletier... and being down in the end zone I can tell you Shafinsky never looked to anyone else. A great game all the way around, glad we won, games like this are why FCS football rules!

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Going to miss my first LU/LC game in many, many years as my son is being married next weekend. I know, I know, why didn't he check with me firstxthumbsdownx

There is absolutely no excuse for this. xsmhx

ColgateTD
November 14th, 2015, 08:44 PM
How sweet it is! Great game by both teams - very even. Congrats to Jake Melville, James Holland, Demetrius Russell and the rest of the team on a tremendous effort. Good luck in the playoffs!

ngineer
November 14th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Just got home from a long ride back from Hamilton. First all, congrats to the Red Raiders. They deserved the win because of making one less mistake. It truly was a game that was even as hell. Neither team's defense had an answer for the other. The only time either offense was stopped, which was not often, it was usually due to a self-inflicted miscue. Melville was very impressive to me. Very accurate in his throws. I thought our DBs had pretty good coverage on some of those completions. What concerned me was what I felt was lack of blitzing by our LBs contrary to what we did the week before with Pujals. Granted, Melville is more of a runner, but I think having to force him to make decisions earlier than he would have wanted could have lead to more opportunities on defense. Obviously, the botched punt return was crucial, and imo, the turning point of the game. We FINALLY made a stop to force the first CU punt, with the score tied. Gate had not stopped us, and here was our opportunity to take the lead for the first time. Instead, Raiders get the ball on our 35 and score a few plays later. Huge momentum and point swing, as we were back to 'chasing' them.
Second key was a questionable/borderline call on roughing the passer when Melville's pass was out of bounds on 3rd and 9. Instead, Raiders get a first and ten in our red zone. The call was on the Colgate sideline, and with my field glasses, I didn't see anything I would call 'roughing'. Still the LU DL should have not been in the position to create the call with the contact. Raiders go into score after the penalty.
Third, I have no idea why Coen went for the TD on 4th and 4 at the 4 with the score tied. Take the points and the lead!!! Damn, we have a very accurate PK. Everyone in the stands was looking at each other with questioned looks as we lined up to go for it..and failed. Another momentum and point swing.
Our Defense had no answer on third and long (as well as fourth down). Most first two plays we gave up little. Couldn't make the big stops when needed.
I was also surprised we did not try at least one run on the last series down at the Raider four. Raider D was so focused on our receivers, I think we could have taken advantage of that.

This was really one entertaining game. Roughly 1,000 yards of offense. Too bad this was not on the "Game of the Week". Also, too bad so few people saw it live. In fact, I actually feel bad for the Colgate players. While we lament attendance at Goodman, there were not 1,000 people in the stands today, and Lehigh had about 400-500 on the visitors side, along with an abbreviated Marching 97 of 20 enthusiastic players which really helped provide some added energy in the stadium. Really..'gate is playing for the PL championship against a major rival, and I doubt 200 students were in the stands, and no more than 500 on the home stands. I would have expected such a turnout if 'gate were having a season like Lafayette, but that was a real head scratcher for us across the way.

Best of luck to Red Raiders in the playoffs. They earned it, and I hope the do the League proud.

hawkineer
November 14th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Second key was a questionable/borderline call on roughing the passer when Melville's pass was out of bounds on 3rd and 9. Instead, Raiders get a first and ten in our red zone. The call was on the Colgate sideline, and with my field glasses, I didn't see anything I would call 'roughing'. Still the LU DL should have not been in the position to create the call with the contact. Raiders go into score after the penalty.

The roughing passer call against Caslow was a good call. The CU QB was well out of bounds. Bad play on our part, would have been 4th and 9.

ngineer
November 14th, 2015, 10:03 PM
The roughing passer call against Caslow was a good call. The CU QB was well out of bounds. Bad play on our part, would have been 4th and 9.

To me it was borderline. I saw contact, but not 'roughing'. The problem with Melville and Shafnisky, is that they are 'running' QBs and he was running toward the LOS, so you are going to have momentum between oncoming players. Different than a someone standing in the pocket and taking a late hit. Still, I won't say it was a bad call, but it was a significant point.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2015, 10:54 PM
No gate fans because they were watching live for free on PLN.

Go...gate
November 14th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Strange that attendance was so low. Weather looked all right. Thanksgiving still two weeks away and midterms are over. Can't blame the academic calendar. Granted, after last night football is not a priority on the minds of so many. Wonder if that was the reason.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Five yards.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/heartbreak-in-hamilton-as-lehigh-cant.html

The roughing the passer call was a really bad call, as seen on replay. The officials also apparently missed a blatant hold on the same play. But that's not why Lehigh lost, and I don't want that call to define the game, because it didn't. It was simply a great game and Colgate deserved to win and be PL champions.

CFBfan
November 15th, 2015, 07:06 AM
To me it was borderline. I saw contact, but not 'roughing'. The problem with Melville and Shafnisky, is that they are 'running' QBs and he was running toward the LOS, so you are going to have momentum between oncoming players. Different than a someone standing in the pocket and taking a late hit. Still, I won't say it was a bad call, but it was a significant point.

the NO call for pass interference at midfield on LU before the half was blatant!! LU DB climbed the back of CU receiver and no flag was thrown....next play CU fumbles and LU scores changing the game.
THAT was a significant point NOT the good call on roughing BUT , I understand the homer view

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 15th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Lehigh had their chances but ultimately defense, even one that's a lesser degree of poor, is what's needed to win a championship. I still have no idea how the TE for Lehigh fell down on his way to the end zone. Overall the offense was awesome minus a few poorly thrown passes by Shaf. The OL and Brags were awesome, the WR's made tough catches. They absolutely should have run the ball once or twice at the end the end of the game. Time was never going to be a problem. Where was Brisker? Surprised he did not see any action.

Everything was there but the defense. I have no idea why they never put in an extra DL in certain spots. The DB's actually covered pretty well all game. Colgate's WR's made some really nice catches.

Colgate might win a game if they get a reasonable match-up, NEC or PFL Champ. Otherwise I'm not seeing it. They have to do better than some of their recent playoff appearances. I still think Fordham has the better chance to hang in....

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Actually, don't think it was a fumble. Ball popped out when he hit the turf.....not that it matters. Shaf was good until the last 4 plays. His accuracy in close is very questionable. Even on the one score to Kelsey he threw the ball a foot off the turf. Very entertaining game. Two total punts, I think. If LU scores on the first possession of the 2nd half, who knows? I was OK with going for it though. Going to miss my first LU/LC game in many, many years as my son is being married next weekend. I know, I know, why didn't he check with me firstxthumbsdownx

Southsider - I cant believe he didn't check the calendar. I will be attending my 36th straight - since 1980...of course with the Pard too who will be making his 36th straight game.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21779&stc=1

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 15th, 2015, 07:40 AM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12241523_1073065636059200_5078427016427521715_n.jp g?oh=782bcc94ff7085f750434032010aaa6f&oe=56F892DD

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2015, 07:46 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21775&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21776&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21777&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21778&stc=1

I actually agree it was really borderline. I didn't see the other play that another poster referenced involving the no call PI. The gamechanger was the muffed punt and TD. The "crowd" surprised me - much the same attendance I recall last year with two mediocre teams (Colgate, Lafayette) playing on an overcast cold day (Nov. 8, 2014) with 3 inches of wet snow in the stands from the night before. I thought there would be more Gate fans. Check out the pics I took that day and compare the home size crowds.

van
November 15th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Lehigh had their chances but ultimately defense, even one that's a lesser degree of poor, is what's needed to win a championship. I still have no idea how the TE for Lehigh fell down on his way to the end zone. Overall the offense was awesome minus a few poorly thrown passes by Shaf. The OL and Brags were awesome, the WR's made tough catches. They absolutely should have run the ball once or twice at the end the end of the game. Time was never going to be a problem. Where was Brisker? Surprised he did not see any action.

Everything was there but the defense. I have no idea why they never put in an extra DL in certain spots. The DB's actually covered pretty well all game. Colgate's WR's made some really nice catches.

Colgate might win a game if they get a reasonable match-up, NEC or PFL Champ. Otherwise I'm not seeing it. They have to do better than some of their recent playoff appearances. I still think Fordham has the better chance to hang in....

Brisker did not travel, think he has an ankle injury