PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 11

Pages : 1 [2]

Southsider
November 15th, 2015, 08:46 AM
There is absolutely no excuse for this. xsmhx

Boy, you're telling me! My nephew, a former Pard Captain, let my son have it for being so "insensitive" to the family tradition! Fortunately, most can still attend pre game festivities, and the game as the ceremony isn't until 6 pm. I felt I 'd better take the safe route and do the pre game, then head home to watch on TV. My wife still can't believe I opted for the safe play!

Gate83
November 15th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I actually agree it was really borderline. I didn't see the other play that another poster referenced involving the no call PI. The gamechanger was the muffed punt and TD. The "crowd" surprised me - much the same attendance I recall last year with two mediocre teams (Colgate, Lafayette) playing on an overcast cold day (Nov. 8, 2014) with 3 inches of wet snow in the stands from the night before. I thought there would be more Gate fans. Check out the pics I took that day and compare the home size crowds.[/QUOTE]

Agree that attendance was very poor, don't know why. Official # is 3,800 vs. 4,300 at the Laffy game you reference. Two weeks ago vs. Fordham (Parents w/e) we had 7,900, largest crowd in a number of years. Nicer day, parents making the students get out of bed I suppose. Players didn't take any notice, they couldn't have been happier after the win, and fun to see them interact with a bunch of recent alums who played on the 2012 PL championship team.

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2015, 09:05 AM
I actually agree it was really borderline. I didn't see the other play that another poster referenced involving the no call PI. The gamechanger was the muffed punt and TD. The "crowd" surprised me - much the same attendance I recall last year with two mediocre teams (Colgate, Lafayette) playing on an overcast cold day (Nov. 8, 2014) with 3 inches of wet snow in the stands from the night before. I thought there would be more Gate fans. Check out the pics I took that day and compare the home size crowds.

Agree that attendance was very poor, don't know why. Official # is 3,800 vs. 4,300 at the Laffy game you reference. Two weeks ago vs. Fordham (Parents w/e) we had 7,900, largest crowd in a number of years. Nicer day, parents making the students get out of bed I suppose. Players didn't take any notice, they couldn't have been happier after the win, and fun to see them interact with a bunch of recent alums who played on the 2012 PL championship team.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gate 83...And congrats. Of course my tirade against "official" "attendance" (tickets sold) vs ACTUAL attendance (turnstile clicks or scanner beeps) is well documented. I took my pic in the first half of that game - don't know when the Lehigh poster took his. Conditions looked similar (minus the leftover snow we had) but this game meant something vs. last year. On our side, I would estimate we had around 75-100 folks so I would challenge the official attendance numbers based on how many apparently attended on the Lehigh side from what posters pointed out (estimated 500).

RichH2
November 15th, 2015, 09:39 AM
The only question for Lehigh going forward is whether either or both Brisker and Brags will be available . We can assume D will not be available.

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2015, 10:15 AM
The only question for Lehigh going forward is whether either or both Brisker and Brags will be available . We can assume D will not be available.

Brags didn't come back in after the concussion it seemed? We have lost 22 to season ending injuries and are moving O dudes to D and vice versa to plug holes.

RichH2
November 15th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Brags didn't come back in after the concussion it seemed? We have lost 22 to season ending injuries and are moving O dudes to D and vice versa to plug holes.
Trainers were working on him. Concussd? Dont know. Likely we wont know til Wed what his status is.

ngineer
November 15th, 2015, 10:24 AM
I actually agree it was really borderline. I didn't see the other play that another poster referenced involving the no call PI. The gamechanger was the muffed punt and TD. The "crowd" surprised me - much the same attendance I recall last year with two mediocre teams (Colgate, Lafayette) playing on an overcast cold day (Nov. 8, 2014) with 3 inches of wet snow in the stands from the night before. I thought there would be more Gate fans. Check out the pics I took that day and compare the home size crowds.

Agree that attendance was very poor, don't know why. Official # is 3,800 vs. 4,300 at the Laffy game you reference. Two weeks ago vs. Fordham (Parents w/e) we had 7,900, largest crowd in a number of years. Nicer day, parents making the students get out of bed I suppose. Players didn't take any notice, they couldn't have been happier after the win, and fun to see them interact with a bunch of recent alums who played on the 2012 PL championship team.[/QUOTE]

That was not attendance, but had to be tickets sold. There weren't more that a few hundred in either stand. The 'gate players certainly were joyous as they should have been, but I would assume for themselves and their parents, for there was no one else to win for. I give gate players a lot of credit for making a ton of noise on the sidelines when we faced our third down plays. One of the 'gate assistants seemed to be in charge of whipping up them up at the appropriate time. With regional focus in the first round, I hope gets the NEC winner or Dayton.

ngineer
November 15th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Trainers were working on him. Concussd? Dont know. Likely we wont know til Wed what his status is.

Appeared to be a 'ding' to the head. It did not look serious enough that he would miss #151, but one never knows. Hopefully, he'll be okay, especially with Brisker's ankle being a problem.

On another point, I forgot about our TE tripping over the 10 yard line on his way to what should have been a TD. I was watching with my binocs and remember thinking what the heck happened? Sort of an example of the entire day..."what the heck happened?"

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Agree that attendance was very poor, don't know why. Official # is 3,800 vs. 4,300 at the Laffy game you reference. Two weeks ago vs. Fordham (Parents w/e) we had 7,900, largest crowd in a number of years. Nicer day, parents making the students get out of bed I suppose. Players didn't take any notice, they couldn't have been happier after the win, and fun to see them interact with a bunch of recent alums who played on the 2012 PL championship team.

That was not attendance, but had to be tickets sold. There weren't more that a few hundred in either stand. The 'gate players certainly were joyous as they should have been, but I would assume for themselves and their parents, for there was no one else to win for. I give gate players a lot of credit for making a ton of noise on the sidelines when we faced our third down plays. One of the 'gate assistants seemed to be in charge of whipping up them up at the appropriate time. With regional focus in the first round, I hope gets the NEC winner or Dayton.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Tickets sold does NOT equal attendance. Will we ever get away from this complete farce?!? The announcer mentioned something about a concussion so that's what I took away.

ramMan
November 15th, 2015, 02:21 PM
...attendance was very poor...Official # is 3,800...

There weren't more that a few hundred in either stand.

Over-reporting of attendance figures in college football seems rampant nowadays. Two weeks ago we went to a game at Akron (vs. Central Michigan) and the official attendance was 18,981, when in fact there were probably half the number of fans there as there were at a Fordham game I went to at Jack Coffey Field last week (official attendance: 9,192). Yesterday, we went to a Butler game (vs. Drake) and the reported attendance was 2,371, but there appeared to be about 1,000 fans in the stadium. On to Indiana State next week. Interesting to see what the turnout will be.

Gater
November 15th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Just a great game. Bragalone is going to be such a big problem for the rest of the league for the next few years. Kid's a monster--just keeps going after contact and has such good vision and speed. My concern would be that the hit that knocked him out was the loudest of the day. Sounded like helmet to helmet--though it was hard to see through the pile. Based purely on the sound of it, I could certainly see him missing next week. Hope he is OK. Always thought it was crazy that Lehigh supporters weren't more excited to get that kid--or that he wasn't a two or three star recruit. I know he didn't play against the toughest competition in high school but he basically never got tackled and never had anyone close to catching him on his highlight reel--and he rushed for the second most yards in a season in the history of high school football (4,716 yards and 64 touchdowns in 15 games). I mean, come on! With a strong freshman QB in the wings and Brags, Lehigh is set up to be very good for a while.

Colgate had to play a pretty perfect game on O to win--Colgate converted all but one third down (sometimes it just took 4th down to do it). Thought Lehigh had as good of an O as Colgate has faced this year (including Navy). Lehigh had more wide open guys and did a better job of blocking Colgate's D line than any other team this year.

One thing I really don't understand on the Lehigh side was having three linemen in when Colgate had the ball near the goal line. Colgate is going to run the ball and Lehigh is giving up 60 pounds in a few spots. Never seen a goal line D with three d linemen.

Attendance was a bummer. Patriot League championship in soccer, volleyball game, hockey at Cornell and then home against Cornell (Colgate's biggest hockey rivalry) cost the team some fans (and the band). Last two games had over 7,000--which is a lot for Colgate. Seems like the weather is as important as the stakes these days when it comes to home games--which is too bad.

With this win, every class Biddle brought in got a ring. Pretty amazing when you consider that he took over a team that had gone 0-11 and then lost his first five games as a head coach. Also very happy for Hunt. He waited a long time to become head coach and would have started hearing it from Colgate faithful pretty quickly if he didn't win. He seems like a good guy and the players seem to like to play for him.

Good luck to Lehigh in 151. Will be interesting to see what Lafayette team is on the field and how Lehigh responds after a heartbreaker.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 15th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Appeared to be a 'ding' to the head. It did not look serious enough that he would miss #151, but one never knows. Hopefully, he'll be okay, especially with Brisker's ankle being a problem.

On another point, I forgot about our TE tripping over the 10 yard line on his way to what should have been a TD. I was watching with my binocs and remember thinking what the heck happened? Sort of an example of the entire day..."what the heck happened?"

You didn't happen to be on the top row with your wife who was bundled up in blankets?

PAllen
November 15th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Congrats to Colgate. I hope you win at least one in the playoffs.

Our defense was pathetic. I'm more than a bit aghast at our play calling. Why we didn't run the ball on the goal line, I have no idea. Why we went for it on 4th and 4 in a tie game on the road, no clue. Why we didn't start blitzing the crap out of Colgate by the 4th quarter, no idea. What did we have to lose? It's not like we were going to keep them from scoring a TD anyway. The roughing the passer call on LU was a good call. It was tight, and tough to take based on the situation, but it was a good call. The holding not being called was ridiculous and went on all day, as did many a pass interference. I can live with that though as the officiating was called fairly consistently regardless of who had the ball, which is all you can ask for. Shaf is not a QB. He is a running threat who only has eyes for Troy if he has to throw the ball. Colgate's D figured that out, but we still would have scored if Shaf had any touch on his throw to the corner. I can see us losing next week by a fairly large margin if Frank gets Lafayette to show up at all.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 15th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Congrats to Colgate. I hope you win at least one in the playoffs.

Our defense was pathetic. I'm more than a bit aghast at our play calling. Why we didn't run the ball on the goal line, I have no idea. Why we went for it on 4th and 4 in a tie game on the road, no clue. Why we didn't start blitzing the crap out of Colgate by the 4th quarter, no idea. What did we have to lose? It's not like we were going to keep them from scoring a TD anyway. The roughing the passer call on LU was a good call. It was tight, and tough to take based on the situation, but it was a good call. The holding not being called was ridiculous and went on all day, as did many a pass interference. I can live with that though as the officiating was called fairly consistently regardless of who had the ball, which is all you can ask for. Shaf is not a QB. He is a running threat who only has eyes for Troy if he has to throw the ball. Colgate's D figured that out, but we still would have scored if Shaf had any touch on his throw to the corner. I can see us losing next week by a fairly large margin if Frank gets Lafayette to show up at all.

I completely agree with you on the 4th and 4 call. The people around me couldn't believe it either! They hadn't taken the lead all game. For once let them play from behind. Make them start matching you! If nothing else, it offsets the points when all there had been is TD's! Had it been 4th and a yard or less ok but 4th and 4? When there is not much room to work? ugh...

Not running at the end was crazy. Lehigh's OL was dominating the 'Gate front 7. They could have put #30 in and would have got 3-4 yards...

It was a really exciting game if nothing else...

Gate83
November 15th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Did Coach Coen send a note to Coach Coughlin on how to approach end of game offense? Couldn't believe the Engineers didn't run yesterday, was similarly shocked that the Giants couldn't figure it out today. Let's give Brady the ball with two minutes left, that's a good idea...

ColgateTD
November 15th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Did Coach Coen send a note to Coach Coughlin on how to approach end of game offense? Couldn't believe the Engineers didn't run yesterday, was similarly shocked that the Giants couldn't figure it out today. Let's give Brady the ball with two minutes left, that's a good idea...

I feel your pain Gate83. Giants went down the field too fast on their last drive. I just knew Brady would get the ball with about 90 seconds to go. Game over in that situation. Yikes!! Talk about clock management! But I digress....

ngineer
November 15th, 2015, 08:43 PM
You didn't happen to be on the top row with your wife who was bundled up in blankets?

No..the Good Wife was at home being productive as opposed to her Lesser Half.