PDA

View Full Version : Hula Bowl Might Fold

smallcollegefbfan
December 9th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Due to the debt of the game the rumor is the game might fold sometime this month. If not and it is actually played their debt is so high most project them to fold next year.

Has anyone else heard this?

furpal87
December 9th, 2006, 11:27 PM
No, but I'll e-mail my good friend who lives in Hawaii, and see what he knows!! All those games go under eventually except the Senior Bowl which the NFL is funding now.

smallcollegefbfan
December 9th, 2006, 11:56 PM
The East-West Shrine is still going strong and will.

When you find out please post. I don't know anyone in Hawaii who could tell me.

TxSt02
December 10th, 2006, 09:02 PM
i know they moved it from maui to oahu a couple years back to help draw larger crowds...

i just dont see how they would make money...

TxSt02
December 10th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I did like having Barrick Nealy and Fred Evans in the game last year...

http://www.hulabowlhawaii.com/img/lg-pics/DSCF0155_2.jpghttp://www.hulabowlhawaii.com/img/lg-pics/DSCF0150_2.jpg

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 10th, 2006, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=TxSt02]I did like having Barrick Nealy and Fred Evans in the game last year...

What is Nealy doing now?

Freightliner
December 13th, 2006, 07:28 AM
[QUOTE=TxSt02]I did like having Barrick Nealy and Fred Evans in the game last year...

What is Nealy doing now?

He's back at Texas State trying to get his degree. He recently signed a 2 year deal with the Calgary Stampeders.

Smendy
December 20th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Looks like the game will played this season, with some pretty good 1-aa players slated to play.

If the Hula Bowl goes away, there seem to be a million more games out there to it's place: Inta Juice Classic; Gridiorn Classic; Texas Vs. USA, Las Vegas AAC, ect....

UNHWildCats
December 21st, 2006, 07:21 AM
how bout the FCS/FBS All Star Game, let the best of each subdivision square off on the field. Show them BCS frauds whos better

GannonFan
December 21st, 2006, 01:36 PM
how bout the FCS/FBS All Star Game, let the best of each subdivision square off on the field. Show them BCS frauds whos better

I don't need a bowl game to show that the FBS/BCS has, on the whole, more good players than we do. Besides, just because they do doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the FCS one little bit. :cool:

brownbear
December 21st, 2006, 02:43 PM
A player from Brown, Zak DeOssie, turned down an invitation to play in the Hula Bowl in order to play in the East-West game.

Also, does the East-West Shrine game do well? They used to be in San Francisco but last year decided to move to San Antonio and moved again to Houston for this year.

Cobblestone
December 21st, 2006, 02:57 PM
Zak DeOssie, son of Steve DeOssie.

The only thing I don't like about the Hula Bowl or East-West Shrine game is when those guys swap decals with each other for their helmets. I mean it's a nice gesture but it makes it hard sometimes to tell who is from what school. OK, Ill stop my nitpicking now. :bawling: