PDA

View Full Version : #2 Illinois State @ #9 South Dakota State (11/7)

Pages : 1 [2]

Thumper 76
November 7th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Gotta play the game with the calls on the field, if that's the price we pay for the new stadium I'm for it

Rollbird5
November 7th, 2015, 05:25 PM
That was a strip & recovery...Jacks ball. Bull**** that there's no replay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
First call against sdsu all day. We should have had 3 fumble recoveries and we had a god awful PI against us

centennial
Refs are giving ISU a free timeout. Let's go!

Thumper 76
Jacks recover the onside kick. Game. Blouses. Good game to ISU. Go win out

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2015, 05:26 PM
First call against sdsu all day. We should have had 3 fumble recoveries and we had a god awful PI against us

Ahhh, you going to blame the refs for your loss?

Great way to take a loss.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
The kicker "sallied' the onside attempt...

TheKingpin28

This!

centennial
I don't care who it goes against. Teams SHOULD NOT be able to opt out of replay.

Thumper 76
November 7th, 2015, 05:27 PM

After all he was whining about in the first half about ISU not getting credit too

Kemo
November 7th, 2015, 05:28 PM
That was a strip & recovery...Jacks ball. Bull**** that there's no replay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nah, we're still up on the "no replay fumble" tally. :D

Thumper 76
I don't care who it goes against. Teams SHOULD NOT be able to opt out of replay.

For the last time, it is only for this year until the rest of field is finished.

IBleedYellow
ISUr has been trending DOWN the past three games and having to come back in the games. You finally got that L.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Congrats SDSU! Great win on a great day for football in South Dakota!

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 05:29 PM
YAY BUNNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats SDSU! Great win on a great day for football in South Dakota!

Been tough on the state of Illinois today for FCS football.

Kemo
November 7th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Fun game. Warrum was an absolute stud today for ISU-Red. He had more yards receiving this game than any team has against SDSU all year.

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Off topic...but on topic...

What do we do with UNI has voters now?

Completely shut down SDSU's offense in Brookings. SDSU went bananas, kinda, against ISUr...but ISUr beat UNI by 1 score.

UNI up 38-0 at half against ISUb.

UNI stay in the 14-17 range or move towards 10?

centennial
November 7th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Fun game. Warrum was an absolute stud today for ISU-Red. He had more yards receiving this game than any team has against SDSU all year.
Thank you SDSU for the win.

- - - Updated - - -

Off topic...but on topic...

What do we do with UNI has voters now?

Completely shut down SDSU's offense in Brookings. SDSU went bananas, kinda, against ISUr...but ISUr beat UNI by 1 score.

UNI up 38-0 at half against ISUb.

UNI stay in the 14-17 range or move towards 10?
10-12 range for me if you can keep this win.

Redbird Recon
November 7th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Coprich's worst day since... well... you know.

Great work by the Jacks today. Running QB is the real deal.

clenz
Thank you SDSU for the win.

- - - Updated - - -

10-12 range for me if you can keep this win.
If UNI holds on to a 38 point half time lead?....or as many as has been given up the last 3 weeks total combined?

Actually that's false. 7 of WIU's points were a pick 6

So, allow more points than the last 3 weeks combined?

Rollbird5

LOL so any comment an ISU poster makes gets immediately beaten down by all bison faithful.
I'm not blaming the refs those are tough calls to make in speed of play, if there was replay review like at every other field we would've had 3 fumble recoveries and the game could've been drastically different who knows. SDSU had one against them that last drive so the TD we got and the first one they got early in the game off of what should have been a fumble and our ball basically cancel out. Good game tho SDSU I was really impressed with your defense and OL good luck the rest of the way!

Rollbird5
November 7th, 2015, 05:36 PM
After all he was whining about in the first half about ISU not getting credit too

When was I whining in the first half about ISU not getting credit?

REALBird
November 7th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Good W Jacks. Way to close out CAS. We stunk today. But take nothing away from you guys, good W.

ISUMatt
November 7th, 2015, 06:57 PM
CONGRATS JACKS!!! I didn't see 1 snap of the game as I was traveling to my daughters soccer game, then back. Great job and good luck!!

ISUMatt

Missingnumber7
November 7th, 2015, 11:55 PM
LOL so any comment an ISU poster makes gets immediately beaten down by all bison faithful.
I'm not blaming the refs those are tough calls to make in speed of play, if there was replay review like at every other field we would've had 3 fumble recoveries and the game could've been drastically different who knows. SDSU had one against them that last drive so the TD we got and the first one they got early in the game off of what should have been a fumble and our ball basically cancel out. Good game tho SDSU I was really impressed with your defense and OL good luck the rest of the way!
SIU didn't have replay last week so your argument is null and void. But it is rough when the league said they were moving forward with replay and then you get schools that can opt out of it. Kinda bummed I didn't have a chance to watch any of this one.

Redbird 13
November 8th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Congrats to the Jacks. The better team won today. If Roberson continues to struggle with the short ball, it could be a short playoff experience for the beloved Redbirds.

SDSUAlum08
November 8th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Congrats to the Jacks. The better team won today. If Roberson continues to struggle with the short ball, it could be a short playoff experience for the beloved Redbirds.

I wasn't that impressed by him, but I think it was more of the game plan. Why didn't he run more? I felt like he just handed it off to your RB and he just ran into a wall all game.

He's a great player, but I was just expecting more. Maybe he just didn't play well. That happens too.

Redbird Recon
November 8th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Why is there a QB controversy in Brookings?

Christion is going to be a beast for years to come.

ISUMatt
November 8th, 2015, 10:22 AM
I wasn't that impressed by him, but I think it was more of the game plan. Why didn't he run more? I felt like he just handed it off to your RB and he just ran into a wall all game.

He's a great player, but I was just expecting more. Maybe he just didn't play well. That happens too.

Tre has been struggling since breaking his thumb. I guess we're hoping he gets regains his playoff form of last year sooner than later.

ISUMatt

CappinHard
November 8th, 2015, 10:25 AM

Good question. It's because Lujan has shown that he has the ability to perform well. I am with you in looking at the big picture and letting Christion roll, but others think that he'll make too many mistakes and that our better chance to win now is with Lujan. The biggest problem is that Lujan is a Junior, but after that game I think Christion will be the clear starter going forward, and we might be able to avoid a huge QB controversy in the offseason.

mmiller_34
November 8th, 2015, 11:18 AM

Because Stig has some loyalty clause to starters not losing their positions due to injury. Lujan puts up big numbers against teams when he has time to throw. When Lujan doesn't have time to throw the entire offense crumbles.

RabidRabbit
November 8th, 2015, 11:26 AM
I like that Jacks have two experienced (now) QBs. Christion out for a play or two - Lujan throws a perfect pass to Wieneke for a TD. As Coach Stig says, it's a good problem to have. Christion is going to keep getting better with experience. Lujan is at his upper limit of ability.

Agree that Christion is demonstrating why, except for experience, he is viewed with such great QB potential.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2015, 12:58 PM
I like that Jacks have two experienced (now) QBs. Christion out for a play or two - Lujan throws a perfect pass to Wieneke for a TD. As Coach Stig says, it's a good problem to have. Christion is going to keep getting better with experience. Lujan is at his upper limit of ability.

Agree that Christion is demonstrating why, except for experience, he is viewed with such great QB potential.

I don't remember which thread it was, but I had assumed if you guys were going to pull Christion's redshirt, he needed to become "the guy"....no offense to Lujan, but he should be your #2 now.

mmiller_34
November 8th, 2015, 02:54 PM
I don't remember which thread it was, but I had assumed if you guys were going to pull Christion's redshirt, he needed to become "the guy"....no offense to Lujan, but he should be your #2 now.

I agree with you.

BTW, what happens when Carson Wentz comes back and you guys are still playing?

BisonTru
November 8th, 2015, 03:07 PM
I agree with you.

He starts. He's one to the top QBs in the country, all divisons. You gonna leave an asset like that on the bench?

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 03:18 PM
He starts. He's one to the top QBs in the country, all divisons. You gonna leave an asset like that on the bench?
Oddly enough there's more than a few fans who think they should leave him on the bench. I'm with you I think you have to play your senior QB who already has led you to a national title.

It is interesting to note however that Stick is slightly higher in pass efficiency than Wentz was (159.3 to 159.2) but you can tell from watching them both that Wentz has much better physical tools as a passer.

centennial
November 8th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Oddly enough there's more than a few fans who think they should leave him on the bench. I'm with you I think you have to play your senior QB who already has led you to a national title.

It is interesting to note however that Stick is slightly higher in pass efficiency than Wentz was (159.3 to 159.2) but you can tell from watching them both that Wentz has much better physical tools as a passer.
Stick is a much more elusive runner. That is helping out quite a bit, every team has to leave a spy on him, creating mismatches. Wentz runs well, but doesn't cut like Stick. Overall if our RB's are doing good, Wentz is the better answer.

Jackal
November 8th, 2015, 03:27 PM

That's no surprise, most fans aren't very bright. If Wentz comes back you play him. I think it's a no-brainer.

ISUMatt
November 8th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Saw in the Navy/Memphis game Wentz is listed as the #4 QB for the draft currently

ISUMatt

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2015, 04:58 PM
I agree with you.

Not a popular opinion when I shared it on BV....but if the Bison are on a winning streak and making a postseason run....I would keep Stick. Stay healthy and best of luck at the senior bowl and combine Carson.

Apples and oranges to what you guys have going on though....Lujan is no Wentz.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2015, 05:02 PM
That's no surprise, most fans aren't very bright. If Wentz comes back you play him. I think it's a no-brainer.

Which team is playing better right now? Wanna bring in a cold/not 100% Wentz in his first action in over 8 weeks in the postseason?....and if the Bison are still playing at that point, it is Stick, NDSUs QB of the future, that got them there....

Jackal
November 8th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Which team is playing better right now? Wanna bring in a cold/not 100% Wentz in his first action in over 8 weeks in the postseason?....and if the Bison are still playing at that point, it is Stick, NDSUs QB of the future, that got them there....
I would bring in my senior NFL prospect who has postseason experience.

TheKingpin28
November 8th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Leave Stick in since it breaks his confidence if he is told to go to the bench. They just look "different" with Stick and let Carson know how much they have appreciated him. Just remember, each loss the Bison have is with Wentz getting injured and having too much confidence to pull himself when he should have/could have. I'm not saying the outcome would have been different, but since Stick has looked sharp and has kept defenses honest, keep him in. I trust Klieman with his decision and whatever he decides, I'll support it.

No_Skill
November 8th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Leave Stick in since it breaks his confidence if he is told to gmo to the bench. They just look "different" with Stick and let Carson know how much they have appreciated him. Just remember, each loss the Bison have is with Wentz getting injured and having too much confidence to pull himself when he should have/could have. I'm not saying the outcome would have been different, but since Stick has looked sharp and has kept defenses honest, keep him in. I trust Klieman with his decision and whatever he decides, I'll support it.

I don't buy the "lose confidence" argument if Wentz comes back. I think Stick is fully aware that if Carson is healthy, he is the starter. It's not like he would get benched due to poor performance. Stick has done more than enough to keep his swagger into next season.

If Carson is healthy and ready to play, he starts.

BisonTru
November 8th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Leave Stick in since it breaks his confidence if he is told to go to the bench. They just look "different" with Stick and let Carson know how much they have appreciated him. Just remember, each loss the Bison have is with Wentz getting injured and having too much confidence to pull himself when he should have/could have. I'm not saying the outcome would have been different, but since Stick has looked sharp and has kept defenses honest, keep him in. I trust Klieman with his decision and whatever he decides, I'll support it.

Players don't pull themselves from games unless they absolutely can't go. If something happens get over to the trainers get it checked out and then its up to the trainers and the coaches whether a kid can go. And Carson didn't show any obvious signs he was hurt. If every kid was pulled who wasn't 100%, teams would have a hard time fielding 11 guys in the fourth quarter.

And Wentz is the guy if he's 100%, and it's not close. I will say that he shouldn't go until he's 100%, and I am not saying Stick isn't a good QB. Just watch the last pass Wentz made, an out to the sideline with a broken wrist that's placed in window that only Vraa can catch the pass. Unfortunately , Vraa slipped on the comeback and it was a miss. That's a very difficult pass to make and doesn't get called for a lot of teams because if you throw a duck it's an easy interception.

I will say at times it seemed the team leaned too much on Wentz. The loss to USD and losing Wentz has really forced the rest of the team to step up. What's exciting is how good this team could be if they play like they did last Saturday with Wentz at the helm.

Bisonator
November 8th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Players don't pull themselves from games unless they absolutely can't go. If something happens get over to the trainers get it checked out and then its up to the trainers and the coaches whether a kid can go. And Carson didn't show any obvious signs he was hurt. If every kid was pulled who wasn't 100%, teams would have a hard time fielding 11 guys in the fourth quarter.

And Wentz is the guy if he's 100%, and it's not close. I will say that he shouldn't go until he's 100%, and I am not saying Stick isn't a good QB. Just watch the last pass Wentz made, an out to the sideline with a broken wrist that's placed in window that only Vraa can catch the pass. Unfortunately , Vraa slipped on the comeback and it was a miss. That's a very difficult pass to make and doesn't get called for a lot of teams because if you throw a duck it's an easy interception.

I will say at times it seemed the team leaned too much on Wentz. The loss to USD and losing Wentz has really forced the rest of the team to step up. What's exciting is how good this team could be if they play like they did last Saturday with Wentz at the helm.

This^^^^^^. The Stick over Wentz talk is really ****ing stupid. If Wentz is healthy and NDSU is still playing he will start. He's an NFL caliber QB. Stick isn't anywhere near that talented yet. Stick has missed a lot of throws and been bailed out by the receivers more then a few times. He has played very well for a RFr but seriously no one in their right mind would start him over Wentz.

Bisonator
November 8th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Tre has been struggling since breaking his thumb. I guess we're hoping he gets regains his playoff form of last year sooner than later.

ISUMatt
Why is he still wearing a brace? Sounded like he was fully healed now. I would think the backup could throw just as well as he can with that brace on.

h5322rsh
November 8th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Lujan can pass but I am of the opinion, he is not as quick as Christion. Christion has some things to learn and Coach Stig alluded to that in his post game interview. Up north with NDSU its a much different story. If Wentz is able to come back and you guys are still playing which is extremely likely, you have to go with Wentz.

SDSU will platoon at QB to help Christion to learn the play book. Easton has already had a red shirt year and time to learn but Wentz is so much ahead in knowledge and talent, you have to go with him when he is ready.

Bisonwinagn
November 8th, 2015, 07:29 PM
I would bring in my senior NFL prospect who has postseason experience.

It's not anywhere near that easy of a decision. First we have no idea if he is coming back or when. Wentz has to prove he is in game shape, is sharp, can make all the plays, and is 100% ready to even consider playing him. My guess is he won't be ready until probably the championship game anyway. If that's the case and he has three weeks of full practice he would probably be the starter. Anything less than that it's a mute point.

clenz
November 8th, 2015, 08:13 PM
By the time the title game rolls around, if NDSU is there again, Stick will likely be 7-0 as a starter (right?).

You'd bench him for a guy who hasn't played a game in 3ish months?

IBleedYellow
November 8th, 2015, 08:15 PM
By the time the title game rolls around, if NDSU is there again, Stick will likely be 7-0 as a starter (right?).

Yeah...I don't understand people wanting to cut Easton at that point.

Sticks the man from here on out, IMO. Carson has the NFL to look forward to, as much as I hate to say it, he's probably done playing in a Bison uniform.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2015, 08:17 PM

Shhhhhhhhhhhh........just let them have their way...we'll see what happens if it even gets to that point.

Stick would likely be 5-0 in just the regular season (3-0 now with wins over ISUb, SIU, and WIU....2 more with YSU and MSU). Assuming 1st round bye, he would need to win 3 more (2nd, quarter, and semi). That would put him at 8-0 going into the natty. Yup...bench him. xrotatehx

clenz
November 8th, 2015, 08:27 PM
It doesn't make sense. It would be 8-0. He's currently 3-0 with 2 regular season games left plus 3 to get to the title game. - BF02 beat me to the record thing. This toon a while to type on my phone with looking up dates, counting length between games, etc.

He will have played more games, more snaps, taken thousands of more practice snaps, developed the timing with WR, cadence with the OL, the OC will have developed an entirely new base game plan around Stock because of his added mobility, etc during the time. There's a reason 2 web systems don't work. It's why UNI is clicking a bit more now that they are forced into one QB and SDSU is sliding just a touch trying to force Lujan back into the starting roll.

It'd be the same situation in Fargo, even if you all want to believe your program is above that.

The last time Wentz took a snap was 10/17. The title game is 1/9. That's 84 days between games. That's not easy to do. That's like starting over from Spring ball to fall camp. Difference being you get three weeks from the start of fall camp to your first game to get your rhythm back......and not try to take over after 84 days of someone else running the show the entire time.

clenz
November 8th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Also, it's not line Stick is limping through games just waiting for his defense to win the game. He is making plays. He will earn his job if he gets to the title game because he doesn't have the traditional vaunted Bison D helping him.

BisonTru
November 8th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhh........just let them have their way...we'll see what happens if it even gets to that point.

Stick would likely be 5-0 in just the regular season (3-0 now with wins over ISUb, SIU, and WIU....2 more with YSU and MSU). Assuming 1st round bye, he would need to win 3 more (2nd, quarter, and semi). That would put him at 8-0 going into the natty. Yup...bench him. xrotatehx

You want to leave an NFL caliber quarterback on your bench in the biggest game of the year, to ride the hot hand?

This is a little mind boggling how other bison fans can watch these two play and go "eh... its close roll with Stick." This is not a knock on Stick, Wentz is just a really talented QB and few scouts are seeing the same things I am.

TheKingpin28
November 8th, 2015, 08:59 PM
You want to leave an NFL caliber quarterback on your bench in the biggest game of the year, to ride the hot hand?

This is a little mind boggling how other bison fans can watch these two play and go "eh... its close roll with Stick." This is not a knock on Stick, Wentz is just a really talented QB and few scouts are seeing the same things I am.

Call me a "non Bison fan" for the rationale but if you rFr is 8-0 and is rolling on offense, to grow a wrench at the title game would show a lack of faith in Stick and if I was Easton, I'd be pissed and not happy knowing that I carried the offense and helped get us back into the playoffs and took us all the way there and now you want to put in a guy who missed 8 games and 3-4 months off the field. Not a chance I'd give up my position. Clenz's Panthers are showing life and unity since as he said, "are forced to stick with one QB."

I'm not saying a schism would developed but if it was rumored that Wentz would start, I think you would see some interesting reactions from all who are involved in Bison football. You just can't pull a guy who found swag and confidence and tell him, "oh you got us this far and we appreciate it, but we are going with Wentz in the biggest game of the season. We'll see you next year in camp." Not a chance. As I said earlier, I will support whatever decision but to pull Stick in the biggest game of the season, that's a horrible idea. If we get to this point, you can quote me on it being a horrible idea to pull Stick for Wentz.

clenz
November 8th, 2015, 09:09 PM

When the hot hand has played, and taken every game/practice snap for well over half the season and the other QB is 3 months removed from the game that's not a sticking with the hot hand move...fwiw.

Think about it logically

8 games vs 6
Every single game and practice snap. That's probably close to 5 figures worth of snaps.
8 game plans built around him. That's now and entire system, not game plan.

Why screw with what's working just because the other guy started the season?

BisonTru
November 8th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Call me a "non Bison fan" for the rationale but if you rFr is 8-0 and is rolling on offense, to grow a wrench at the title game would show a lack of faith in Stick and if I was Easton, I'd be pissed and not happy knowing that I carried the offense and helped get us back into the playoffs and took us all the way there and now you want to put in a guy who missed 8 games and 3-4 months off the field. Not a chance I'd give up my position. Clenz's Panthers are showing life and unity since as he said, "are forced to stick with one QB."

I'm not saying a schism would developed but if it was rumored that Wentz would start, I think you would see some interesting reactions from all who are involved in Bison football. You just can't pull a guy who found swag and confidence and tell him, "oh you got us this far and we appreciate it, but we are going with Wentz in the biggest game of the season. We'll see you next year in camp." Not a chance. As I said earlier, I will support whatever decision but to pull Stick in the biggest game of the season, that's a horrible idea. If we get to this point, you can quote me on it being a horrible idea to pull Stick for Wentz.

I'm not calling you a non-bison fan, just saying it's a little crazy how we can watch the same guys play and come up with vastly different opinions, and that's ok.

Next, Stick is a mature kid, he'll be just fine and most likely completely understand, if he gets sat for a QB likely to go first couple of rounds in the NFL draft. You play the players that give you the best chance to win and Wentz with a least a week of practice to shake off a little rust gives us the best chance to win.

If Haeg goes down and Plankers plays really well in his absence, do you keep Haeg on the bench when he gets healthy? No, Plankers might see some extra snaps around the line, but Haeg is your best OL, you play him.

Now, if Stick is playing really well, it would be nice to throw in a wildcat package that maybe puts Wentz at Wr, and see if you can't get Stick in space. Another dimension teams would have to game plan for. But ultimately if Wentz gets to 100% he will play.

BisonTru
November 8th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Why screw with what's working just because the other guy started the season?

It has nothing to do with him starting the season and has everything to do with the fact that Wentz is a much more talented QB right now, and its not close. Again, this isn't a knock on Stick. He looks really good for a FCS QB and the future is bright at NDSU, but Wentz gives the Bison the best chance to win.

No_Skill
November 8th, 2015, 09:30 PM
One thing that hasn't really been mentioned is match-up. I could see starting Stick over a healthy but rusty Wentz if the match-up was favorable.

One clue as to the intentions of the coaches happened during this week's post game Presser. Coach K said something to the effect of Carson mentioning that if he does make it back, he wants to wear that new green helmet. I don't think Coach K would relay that comment if his thoughts weren't the same.

Whatever the coaches decide gives us the best chance are winning, I'm all for.

P.S. we should maybe move this line of discussion to another thread out of respect for SDSU and ISUr.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Yeah...I don't understand people wanting to cut Easton at that point.

Sticks the man from here on out, IMO. Carson has the NFL to look forward to, as much as I hate to say it, he's probably done playing in a Bison uniform.

With the timetable on Wentz's injury (6-8 weeks) he's supposed to be back sometime between 12/1, which is the Tuesday before the round of 16, and 12/15, which is the Tuesday before the semis. So not only is all this hypothetical "Stick carries Bison to NC game" QB controversy premature its also more likely the question comes to a head before then.

Stick has been great but he hasn't had to put the Bison on his back and lead a drive when the game is on the line like Wentz did multiple times in the playoffs last year. Its just as easy to come up with a reverse hypothetical where the Bison are in that position in the playoffs well before the NC game where everyone in the building knows they need to throw the ball to win. Who would you rather have leading that drive between Wentz and Stick?

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Btw, love all this postgame talk about the SDSU/ISUr game :D

FargoBison
November 8th, 2015, 10:26 PM
If we were to line up and play UNI again, I think I would want Wetnz at QB. The throws he can make few QB's at this level can make and against a UNI defense that is phsyical enough to give our running game problems we need that. IMO against UNI Stick would take a pounding.

CappinHard
November 8th, 2015, 10:29 PM
If we were to line up and play UNI again, I think I would want Wetnz at QB. The throws he can make few QB's at this level can make and against a UNI defense that is phsyical enough to give our running game problems we need that. IMO against UNI Stick would take a pounding.

I was thinking the same thing if you were to play SDSU again. I think we would have a better chance at beating you with Stick at the helm compared to Wentz.

BisonTru
November 8th, 2015, 10:36 PM
With the timetable on Wentz's injury (6-8 weeks) he's supposed to be back sometime between 12/1, which is the Tuesday before the round of 16, and 12/15, which is the Tuesday before the semis. So not only is all this hypothetical "Stick carries Bison to NC game" QB controversy premature its also more likely the question comes to a head before then.

Stick has been great but he hasn't had to put the Bison on his back and lead a drive when the game is on the line like Wentz did multiple times in the playoffs last year. Its just as easy to come up with a reverse hypothetical where the Bison are in that position in the playoffs well before the NC game where everyone in the building knows they need to throw the ball to win. Who would you rather have leading that drive between Wentz and Stick?

This is where I think there is more of a debate. When does he get cleared to play? Does he get a full weeks worth of reps with the 1s? Is his arm strength at or near 100%?

Wentz, rust removed, and 100% healthy is a no brainer, IMO.

Now, less than that is the coaches call.

FargoBison
November 8th, 2015, 10:40 PM
I was thinking the same thing if you were to play SDSU again. I think we would have a better chance at beating you with Stick at the helm compared to Wentz.

Yeah you guys too. Stick right now has had some favorable match ups, especially SIU.

I kind of think if Wentz gets healthy both QB's might be used in some capacity. Stick with his legs brings another dimension to the offense.

BisonTru
November 8th, 2015, 10:47 PM

Yep, I'd agree. The other element is TC. NDSU as well as many defenses have struggled with mobile QBs at time. Lujan's a decent QB, but that added dimension that TC adds with his legs is something you guys have to utilize.

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Who likes Casey's breakfast pizza more? Wentz or Stick? Do they prefer bacon or sausage?

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Who likes Casey's breakfast pizza more? Wentz or Stick? Do they prefer bacon or sausage?
Wentz was founded (a.k.a. born) first.

TheKingpin28
November 8th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Wentz was founded (a.k.a. born) first.

Though Omaha has Casey's and Bismarck does not.

Kemo
November 9th, 2015, 01:32 AM

He is a great QB regardless, but since Wentz plays like he is from the planet Krypton when facing the Jacks, I'd take my chances with Stick as well.

THE HERD
November 9th, 2015, 08:46 AM

I definitely put Wentz back in, but I would still incorporate Stick into the game plan with 5-10 snaps a game. Defenses would have to plan for both, which would be a headache to say the least.

clenz
November 9th, 2015, 08:49 AM
I definitely put Wentz back in, but I would still incorporate Stick into the game plan with 5-10 snaps a game. Defenses would have to plan for both, which would be a headache FOR NDSU to say the least.
I can't believe people still think trying to play 2 QB's, in any capacity, in a good thing

Redbird 13
November 9th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Btw, love all this postgame talk about the SDSU/ISUr game :D

Best thread hijack ever!'

xbowx

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Best thread hijack ever!'

xbowx

If only he knew what he was getting himself into....

I agree with you.

THE HERD
November 9th, 2015, 09:17 AM
I can't believe people still think trying to play 2 QB's, in any capacity, in a good thing

The difference here is that Wentz is clearly the superior all around QB....no slam on Stick, because he has a bright future. Usually the teams that are running two qbs aren't real sure who is the better QB or one excels in running and the other passing and usually the one aspect they don't excel at they are terrible at. Both Wentz and Stick are strong in both categories, so mixing in Stick for 5 or so snaps would make us a little harder to prepare for and it would maybe help Wentz ease back into the starting position easier. All of this would depend upon when Wentz would actually be able to come back at a 100%, he would have to be 100% early in the playoffs for me to do it.

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2015, 09:40 AM
I don't remember signing up for Bisonville, like a nightmare when you wake up from a hangover and find out your not in Vegas but Fargo

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2015, 09:44 AM
I don't remember signing up for Bisonville, like a nightmare when you wake up from a hangover and find out your not in Vegas but Fargo
What happens in Fargo stays in Fargo.... except the ass whoopin' our football team puts on you.... that **** will come back with you.