PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 3.0

FargoBison
November 1st, 2015, 05:19 PM
Bubble is still a mess, PSU is finally seeded and moving up fast, #8 seed was quite the toss-up and could have gone a number of different directions...

SHSU at UNI vs 1. Illinois State
Charleton Southern at JMU vs 8. William and Mary
SUU at EWU vs 5. PSU
Dayton at EKU vs 4. Chattanooga

SDSU at UND vs 6. NDSU
Duquesne at Colgate vs 3. Richmond
Fordham at Towson vs 7. McNeese State
The Citadel at CCU vs 2. JSU

Autobid: PSU, Charleston Southern, Richmond, Ill State, Duquesne, JSU, Colgate, Dayton, Chattanooga, McNeese St
At-Large: NDSU, SDSU, JMU, W&M, EWU, SUU, The Citadel, CCU, Fordham, Towson, EKU, SHSU, UNI, UND
Bubble: EIU, NAU, UCA, Montana, Villanova, UNH, WIU, Indiana State, YSU, USD, UT-Martin, SLU, Lamar, Furman, Liberty and WCU

NoBowls.com Bracket....

http://nobowls.com/images/week09.png

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2015, 05:22 PM
I'd love to see the Spiders as a #4 seed but i don't like anything about that potential Round of 16 matchup. Maybe such is life without the MEAC in the tournament anymore.

SeattleBobcat
November 1st, 2015, 05:23 PM
Cut about 4 teams off that bracket and that's a bracket full of really good teams.

hktribefan
November 1st, 2015, 05:35 PM
The more I look at it the bigger the WM Richmond game becomes. If we both take care of business for the next two weeks that's a matchup for the conference championship and for WM important to get a bye. If we win, both teams would be 9-2 and both get a bye I think; don't think 8-3 gets the Tribe a bye.

Daytripper
November 1st, 2015, 05:40 PM
Lamar, Liberty, Montana, and YSU are not bubble teams. They're out.

FargoBison
November 1st, 2015, 05:46 PM
Lamar, Liberty, Montana, and YSU are not bubble teams. They're out.

They are all clinging barely to life. The bubble purge is coming.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2015, 06:00 PM
The more I look at it the bigger the WM Richmond game becomes. If we both take care of business for the next two weeks that's a matchup for the conference championship and for WM important to get a bye. If we win, both teams would be 9-2 and both get a bye I think; don't think 8-3 gets the Tribe a bye.

I agree with this. It's hard to imagine a 9-2 CAA team with a loss to a BCS school not being a Top 8 seed.

kalm
November 1st, 2015, 06:25 PM
All three BSC schools in the same bracket and face each other in the first two rounds?

FargoBison
November 1st, 2015, 06:43 PM
All three BSC schools in the same bracket and face each other in the first two rounds?

Welcome to the wonderful world of regionalization

kalm
November 1st, 2015, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of regionalization

I know the valley has had similar things and we played Montana last year in round 2 but has this particular circumstance ever occurred?

FargoBison
November 1st, 2015, 08:18 PM
I know the valley has had similar things and we played Montana last year in round 2 but has this particular circumstance ever occurred?

I don't think so. There have been teams from the same conference playing each other in round 1 but the winner was sent to a school from a different conference.

towsonx
November 1st, 2015, 08:49 PM
Good stuff!
Very hard to get a good picture with all these moving pieces.

> 2 comments.............
- Youngstown will be a close one. Unless they beat NDSU, they'll end up 6-5 over-all (4-4 conf)
- N Arizona is currently 5-3 (3-2 conf), & 2 of last 3 games are vs S Utah & EWU on the road. I think they will go 1-2 at best & end up 6-5 (3-4).

smilo
November 1st, 2015, 08:58 PM
Why is LEHIGH not on the Bubble? They actually defeated the great University of Pennsylvania. Unlike Villanova who you still list. And they actually have a chance at 7 D1 wins unlike your bunch of pansy teams if they can beat Colgate and turn them into 3-way co-champions.

On a more serious note, are we all assuming North Carolina A+T would not take an at-large bid? 10-1 is nothing to sneeze at even if it is the MEAC + Elon. when everyone else has 6 wins.

kalm
November 1st, 2015, 09:18 PM
Why is LEHIGH not on the Bubble? They actually defeated the great University of Pennsylvania. Unlike Villanova who you still list. And they actually have a chance at 7 D1 wins unlike your bunch of pansy teams if they can beat Colgate and turn them into 3-way co-champions.

On a more serious note, are we all assuming North Carolina A+T would not take an at-large bid? 10-1 is nothing to sneeze at even if it is the MEAC + Elon. when everyone else has 6 wins.

The same reason no one is talking about Northern Colorado.

superman7515
November 1st, 2015, 09:25 PM

Because if they go 10-1, they would be going to the Celebration Bowl to face the SWAC champ. 9-2 Bethune-Cookman is the MEAC team with the best, although not great, chance to get an at-large berth. With more and more teams losing, if they can finish with 9 wins, including a victory of probable SWAC champ Grambling, they have what I believe to be an argument to be in discussion. Still a lot of things to shake out first though.

smilo
November 1st, 2015, 09:35 PM
The same reason no one is talking about Northern Colorado.

I wasn't being serious, but he did basically list every team that could get 7 D1 wins. UNCO cannot like Montana State because they have a D2 win. Yeah, I know it counts and all, but that wasn't the criterion the OP seemed to use.

And thanks supe, did not realize Celebration Bowl conflicted with playoffs (even though that should have been obvious). Just went through the 11 page thread, and I see now. Guess I'll just be rooting for Morgan State to get rid of this issue.

CockyGeek
November 2nd, 2015, 08:22 AM
I like this bracket. Makes more sense than JSU playing Colgate.

LeadBolt
November 2nd, 2015, 08:23 AM
I agree with this. It's hard to imagine a 9-2 CAA team with a loss to a BCS school not being a Top 8 seed.

There could be 3 CAA teams @ 9-2, although that's not the most likely scenario. If that happens surely not all would be seeded.

WileECoyote06
November 2nd, 2015, 09:15 AM
Nobody is worried about New Hampshire? A win over Richmond at home, and they have two wins over probable playoff teams and a chance to finish 7-4. They'd also be on a four game winning streak to end the season. They'd definitely get an at-large.

Also, Central Arkansas gets Sam Houston at home, and can finish the season with five wins in a row. If they finish 8-3 they are an at-large lock. Even at 7-4 with a power rating inside the Top 40, they're as good a candidate as any.

kalm
November 2nd, 2015, 09:18 AM
I wasn't being serious, but he did basically list every team that could get 7 D1 wins. UNCO cannot like Montana State because they have a D2 win. Yeah, I know it counts and all, but that wasn't the criterion the OP seemed to use.

And thanks supe, did not realize Celebration Bowl conflicted with playoffs (even though that should have been obvious). Just went through the 11 page thread, and I see now. Guess I'll just be rooting for Morgan State to get rid of this issue.

Gotcha.

WileECoyote06
November 2nd, 2015, 09:22 AM

So are we! xnodxxthumbsupx

Gangtackle11
November 2nd, 2015, 09:32 AM

Villanova only let Fordham score 7 in victory not 59 like the vaunted Mountain Hawks defense in defeat.....We're even for Penn comment. haha.

nel360
November 2nd, 2015, 09:50 AM
I don't think SDSU will be hosting any games in Brookings ( maybe Sioux Falls). They are starting construction right after their last conference home game on the concrete stands. FYI

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2015, 10:45 AM
Nobody is worried about New Hampshire? A win over Richmond at home, and they have two wins over probable playoff teams and a chance to finish 7-4. They'd also be on a four game winning streak to end the season. They'd definitely get an at-large.
If they can only beat URI by 3 they ain't beating a Richmond team who has CAA championship aspirations. And when one of your probable playoff team wins is over Colgate it deserves a big asterisk.

WileECoyote06
November 2nd, 2015, 11:07 AM
If they can only beat URI by 3 they ain't beating a Richmond team who has CAA championship aspirations. And when one of your probable playoff team wins is over Colgate it deserves a big asterisk.

You believe in football transitivity? xlolx Richmond is only a touchdown favorite over UNH; and they're playing in Durham. I wouldn't be surprised at all if UNH upsets the Spiders.

And as far as Colgate goes, if the Raiders win the Patriot League, the committee will consider that a quality win. UNH blew them out in Hamilton. Granted, UNH has to first pull the upset, for this to work out.

Catsfan90
November 2nd, 2015, 11:16 AM
You believe in football transitivity? xlolx Richmond is only a touchdown favorite over UNH; and they're playing in Durham. I wouldn't be surprised at all if UNH upsets the Spiders.

And as far as Colgate goes, if the Raiders win the Patriot League, the committee will consider that a quality win. UNH blew them out in Hamilton. Granted, UNH has to first pull the upset, for this to work out.
I truly believe that if UNH beats Richmond they are in for a few reasons. The biggest being that the committee is the final deciding factor and they don't think like us. They will take history into account.

Thumper 76
November 2nd, 2015, 11:17 AM
I don't think SDSU will be hosting any games in Brookings ( maybe Sioux Falls). They are starting construction right after their last conference home game on the concrete stands. FYI

If they host it will be in Sioux Falls

Mattymc727
November 2nd, 2015, 11:20 AM
Nobody saw South Dakota beating NDSU in the Fargodome (except that one dude?). Any Given Saturday. If UNH is able to win out, they will be in. Seeing this team play, we will probably upset Richmond and then lose to Albany the next week....

ST_Lawson
November 2nd, 2015, 11:23 AM
If they host it will be in Sioux Falls

Would that be at Howard Wood Field?

Thumper 76
November 2nd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Would that be at Howard Wood Field?

Correct sir

Catsfan90
November 2nd, 2015, 11:24 AM
Nobody saw South Dakota beating NDSU in the Fargodome (except that one dude?). Any Given Saturday. If UNH is able to win out, they will be in. Seeing this team play, we will probably upset Richmond and then lose to Albany the next week....
That's exactly what would happen.

Go...gate
November 2nd, 2015, 11:30 AM
Colgate has never played Youngstown State. Intriguing matchup.

Sammy94
November 2nd, 2015, 11:44 AM
SHSU at UNI vs 1. Illinois State

I can almost guarantee that Sam will host their first game if they reach the playoffs, the NCAA knows what SHSU bids and does not want to lose that chunk of change. If UNI bids that much also, I will guarantee this matchup doesn't happen.

kalm
November 2nd, 2015, 11:51 AM
I can almost guarantee that Sam will host their first game if they reach the playoffs, the NCAA knows what SHSU bids and does not want to lose that chunk of change. If UNI bids that much also, I will guarantee this matchup doesn't happen.

So the conspiracy is they guarantee at least one high bidder for each match up and avoid putting two against each other?

RabidRabbit
November 2nd, 2015, 12:10 PM
I do like the NoBowls.com bracket. Mainly because it shows SDSU getting seeded. IMHO, if Jacks win out, which means beating IL St in the LAST EVER GAME IN COUGHLIN-ALUMNI STADIUM, then they will be seeded. But it also means that IL St will see slippage (won't be a 2 seed).

Without getting into which seed it is, these are your most likely seeds -

Jacksonville St. - Only loss is an OT loss to Auburn, and quality wins over Chatty and EKU. EIU only potential slip up possible. (if seed quality)
Chatty - Assumes win vs THE citadel. But if only losses are JSU and FBS??, and outright SoCon title, then definite seed.
McNeese - Assumes win over SHSU this Saturday. Soft bunch of teams, altho played UCA, SHSU, and SLU in Southland. A 10-0 team, and outright Southland champ is a seed.
Portland St. - take either or both of SUU and EWU, may be the #1 seed. Beating TWO FBS, and all of EWU, SUU, Cal Poly, Montana AND Montana St. They are the Cinderella Team. Only outlier, UND beat them. UND is still in play-off contention. At 10-1, they'll be home throughout play-offs.
CAA Auto-bid winner, especially if Richmond.
MVFC teams who are 9-2, or better. An SDSU win out, NDSU win out, and IL St 2-1 (loss at SDSU), three 9-2 teams. Jacks would finish a game behind IL St, and NDSU for the MVFC crown, but would have the best OOC record. If IL St wins Saturday, that 7th or 8th seed becomes a huge toss-up. Even an 8-3 SDSU, with FBS win over Kansas, and drubbing of SUU should be better than most other 9-2, or 10-1 teams (Fordham, CCU) playing a softer SOS.

CSU18
November 2nd, 2015, 12:17 PM
With CSU never having made the playoffs, I have a question for a few of you veteran teams that never miss them. It's my undrstanding, from many of you, that the NCAA likes to regionalize the 1st round in order to keep teams under 400 miles away from their opponent. Obviously it's not a guarantee that all first round games meet this criteria due to who's in and who's not. My question though involves a few of the predicted brackets that are out. Is it likely that CSU could face Sam Houston or Bryant as I've seen on several predictions? Main reason I ask is I'm hoping we hold it together over the next two weeks and I'm able to travel to see the playoff game since it would be the first in school history.

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2015, 12:22 PM
With CSU never having made the playoffs, I have a question for a few of you veteran teams that never miss them. It's my undrstanding, from many of you, that the NCAA likes to regionalize the 1st round in order to keep teams under 400 miles away from their opponent. Obviously it's not a guarantee that all first round games meet this criteria due to who's in and who's not. My question though involves a few of the predicted brackets that are out. Is it likely that CSU could face Sam Houston or Bryant as I've seen on several predictions? Main reason I ask is I'm hoping we hold it together over the next two weeks and I'm able to travel to see the playoff game since it would be the first in school history.

It seems obvious, to me at least, that you guys would be paired with The Citadel, for now.

CSU18
November 2nd, 2015, 12:29 PM
So they won't pair you with a conference opponent, but they will pair you with a team that you played in the same season if it's non- conference?

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2015, 12:45 PM
So they won't pair you with a conference opponent, but they will pair you with a team that you played in the same season if it's non- conference?

Yes, they can, and most likely will, IMO.

2. The remaining 16 teams will play first-round games and will be paired according to geographic proximity and then placed in the bracket according to geographic proximity of the top eight seeds previously placed in the bracket; 3. The NCAA mileage threshold for mandatory team travel via ground is 400 miles; 4. Teams from the same conference will not be paired for first-round games or for second-round games when both teams are playing their first games of the championship (except for teams from the same conference that did not play against each other during the regular season; such teams may play each other in the first or second round);

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2015, 12:50 PM
Going with FargoBison's autobids (PSU, Charleston Southern, Richmond, Ill State, Duquesne, JSU, Colgate, Dayton, Chattanooga, McNeese St) the at large field right now according to the AGS poll would be:

6. North Dakota State Bison
8. Eastern Washington Eagles
9. South Dakota State Jackrabbits
10. William & Mary Tribe
11. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
12. Sam Houston State Bearkats
13. James Madison Dukes
15. Southern Utah Thunderbirds
17. Northern Iowa Panthers
18. The Citadel Bulldogs
19. Eastern Kentucky Colonels
20. Fordham Rams
21. Youngstown State Penguins
22. Indiana State Sycamores

Just on the outside looking in:

25. Western Illinois Leathernecks
27. Eastern Illinois Panthers
28. Towson Tigers
29. Central Arkansas Bears

achrist70
November 2nd, 2015, 12:58 PM

This is what I was thinking, the NCAA knows who puts in the bids and where to send people.

Go...gate
November 2nd, 2015, 01:15 PM
Re-matches can occur. In 1982, Colgate defeated Boston U to get into the playoffs and then faced BU again in the first round!

kalm
November 2nd, 2015, 01:24 PM
I do like the NoBowls.com bracket. Mainly because it shows SDSU getting seeded. IMHO, if Jacks win out, which means beating IL St in the LAST EVER GAME IN COUGHLIN-ALUMNI STADIUM, then they will be seeded. But it also means that IL St will see slippage (won't be a 2 seed).

Without getting into which seed it is, these are your most likely seeds -

Jacksonville St. - Only loss is an OT loss to Auburn, and quality wins over Chatty and EKU. EIU only potential slip up possible. (if seed quality)
Chatty - Assumes win vs THE citadel. But if only losses are JSU and FBS??, and outright SoCon title, then definite seed.
McNeese - Assumes win over SHSU this Saturday. Soft bunch of teams, altho played UCA, SHSU, and SLU in Southland. A 10-0 team, and outright Southland champ is a seed.
Portland St. - take either or both of SUU and EWU, may be the #1 seed. Beating TWO FBS, and all of EWU, SUU, Cal Poly, Montana AND Montana St. They are the Cinderella Team. Only outlier, UND beat them. UND is still in play-off contention. At 10-1, they'll be home throughout play-offs.
CAA Auto-bid winner, especially if Richmond.
MVFC teams who are 9-2, or better. An SDSU win out, NDSU win out, and IL St 2-1 (loss at SDSU), three 9-2 teams. Jacks would finish a game behind IL St, and NDSU for the MVFC crown, but would have the best OOC record. If IL St wins Saturday, that 7th or 8th seed becomes a huge toss-up. Even an 8-3 SDSU, with FBS win over Kansas, and drubbing of SUU should be better than most other 9-2, or 10-1 teams (Fordham, CCU) playing a softer SOS.

JSU, UTC, ISUr, and McNeese win out and they are locks. I think the same holds for CSU.

Not that they all will or can win out, but it would be tough picking 3 seeds from this group. I'd like to make a nod to the Valley and their overall SOS but I don't think it's that simple with the quality of wins elsewhere.

EWU 9-2
PSU 9-2
SUU 9-2
W&M 9-2
Richmond 9-2
SHSU 9-2
NDSU 9-2
SDSU 9-2
CCU 10-1
Citadel 9-2
JMU 9-2

Thumper 76
November 2nd, 2015, 02:26 PM
JSU, UTC, ISUr, and McNeese win out and they are locks. I think the same holds for CSU.

Not that they all will or can win out, but it would be tough picking 3 seeds from this group. I'd like to make a nod to the Valley and their overall SOS but I don't think it's that simple with the quality of wins elsewhere.

EWU 9-2
PSU 9-2
SUU 9-2
W&M 9-2
Richmond 9-2
SHSU 9-2
NDSU 9-2
SDSU 9-2
CCU 10-1
Citadel 9-2
JMU 9-2

I would have to say that you would almost have to give SDSU a seed out of that group when you consider they would have a win vs ISUR as well as a 55-10 spanking of SUU plus a FBS win, not including any other top 25 wins they have, and no bad losses.

kalm
November 2nd, 2015, 03:03 PM
I would have to say that you would almost have to give SDSU a seed out of that group when you consider they would have a win vs ISUR as well as a 55-10 spanking of SUU plus a FBS win, not including any other top 25 wins they have, and no bad losses.

Good point. I'd put PSU in for a very similar resume with two FBS wins (and WSU being better than Kansas), and a quality win over SUU or EWU. That still leaves one more which would probably go to NDSU based on SOS and wins against UNI, SDSU, etc.

Sammy94
November 2nd, 2015, 03:17 PM
So the conspiracy is they guarantee at least one high bidder for each match up and avoid putting two against each other?

No conspiracy, the NCAA is a business. Trust me the plan is to make the most money.

Sycamore62
November 2nd, 2015, 03:30 PM
No conspiracy, the NCAA is a business. Trust me the plan is to make the most money.

with the fcs tournament, it might be to lose the least money

RabidRabbit
November 2nd, 2015, 03:45 PM

EWU 9-2
PSU 9-2
SUU 9-2
W&M 9-2
Richmond 9-2
SHSU 9-2
NDSU 9-2
SDSU 9-2
CCU 10-1
Citadel 9-2
JMU 9-2

Here's thoughts on MVFC seeds.....

If SDSU wins out, and NDSU wins out and ISU-R only has the SDSU loss, but wins the rest:

MVFC top half standings:
NDSU 7-1 9-2 losses to Montana/USD
ISU-R 7-1 9-2 losses to FBS/SDSU
SDSU 6-2 9-2 losses to NDSU/UNI
UNI 5-3 7-4 losses to NDSU, ISU-R, WIU and FBS
WIU 5-3 6-5 losses to NDSU, SDSU, ISU-R, CCU and FBS

Rest won't matter if above plays out.

Assuming that selection committee will not allow one league to hog 3 (of 8) seeds, then who's the odd team out?

NDSU would be the AQ again, as they beat Jacks and ISU-R would not.
NDSU gets a seed.
Now deciding if ISU-R or SDSU are seed. SDSU beat ISU-R, and has FBS win. Jacks get the other seed, even though finish a game behind in MVFC.

If Jacks beat ISU-R, but lose to WIU, then WIU ends up in second, 6-2 conference mark, SDSU ties with UNI at 5-3, and by tie breaker is 5th place team. Then ISU-R is 2nd seed in MVFC.

Key Game for a seed for Jacks, ISU-R. WIU also important game. SDSU had better win the two road games against pre-season cellar dweller picks. Misery St. shouldn't be a contest. USD, at DakotaDome...... Rivalry games can bite (USD at SDSU 1986).

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2015, 03:49 PM

They also lost to YSU. The leathernecks are going to have to upset NDSU or SDSU to make the playoffs.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2015, 03:53 PM
Here's thoughts on MVFC seeds.....

If SDSU wins out, and NDSU wins out and ISU-R only has the SDSU loss, but wins the rest:

MVFC top half standings:
NDSU 7-1 9-2 losses to Montana/USD
ISU-R 7-1 9-2 losses to FBS/SDSU
SDSU 6-2 9-2 losses to NDSU/UNI
UNI 5-3 7-4 losses to NDSU, ISU-R, WIU and FBS

Rest won't matter if above plays out.

Assuming that selection committee will not allow one league to hog 3 (of 8) seeds, then who's the odd team out?

NDSU would be the AQ again, as they beat Jacks and ISU-R would not.
NDSU gets a seed.
Now deciding if ISU-R or SDSU are seed. SDSU beat ISU-R, and has FBS win. Jacks get the other seed, even though finish a game behind in MVFC.

If Jacks beat ISU-R, but lose to WIU, then WIU ends up in second, 6-2 conference mark, SDSU ties with UNI at 5-3, and by tie breaker is 5th place team. Then ISU-R is 2nd seed in MVFC.

Key Game for a seed for Jacks, ISU-R. WIU also important game. SDSU had better win the two road games against pre-season cellar dweller picks. Misery St. shouldn't be a contest. USD, at DakotaDome...... Rivalry games can bite (USD at SDSU 1986).
Yeah, ISUr is in a very interesting position. They can go from being the clear MVFC front runner to #3 in the pecking order in one week. I don't know if the selection committee is willing to give any conference 3 seeds so someone may get left out of the seeds and if SDSU, NDSU, and ISUr are all 9-2 and in that scenario the team most in danger of being left out is ISUr IMO.

ST_Lawson
November 2nd, 2015, 04:44 PM
They also lost to YSU. The leathernecks are going to have to upset NDSU or SDSU to make the playoffs.

Yea, we have to go 2 out of 3 in the rest to even have a chance at the playoffs...and at that point it's still a very slim one. Win out and we're in, but that's not easy against the XDSUs and ISUb. We play like we did against Youngstown and we won't win another game.

Sycamore62
November 2nd, 2015, 04:46 PM
And beat ISUb on the road

RootinFerDukes
November 2nd, 2015, 04:58 PM

You apparently missed that they matched up JMU and Liberty in the first round last year. Any buffoon would've known they'd both yield large bids. They care more about regionalization and avoiding rematches in the first round than taking money.

REALBird
November 2nd, 2015, 05:15 PM
Yeah, ISUr is in a very interesting position. They can go from being the clear MVFC front runner to #3 in the pecking order in one week. I don't know if the selection committee is willing to give any conference 3 seeds so someone may get left out of the seeds and if SDSU, NDSU, and ISUr are all 9-2 and in that scenario the team most in danger of being left out is ISUr IMO.

so the committee is willing to seed a SDSU team who YES beat a BCS team, but got its doors blown off by NDSU at home and lost to UNI at home. Worst case of you measure all the games as equal 2-2 against the best teams on their schedule including 1-2 vs MVFC top teams at home.

Dont see it.

kalm
November 2nd, 2015, 05:30 PM
so the committee is willing to seed a SDSU team who YES beat a BCS team, but got its doors blown off by NDSU at home and lost to UNI at home. Worst case of you measure all the games as equal 2-2 against the best teams on their schedule including 1-2 vs MVFC top teams at home.

Dont see it.

ISU's best win would be UNI followed up ISUb. SDSU would have a win against a top 10 FCS team, another ranked team in SUU, and an FBS. Better resume.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2015, 05:32 PM

Dont see it.

If memory serves, they pick all the teams then determine the seeds afterwards.

Redbird 13
November 2nd, 2015, 05:50 PM
ISU's best win would be UNI followed up ISUb. SDSU would have a win against a top 10 FCS team, another ranked team in SUU, and an FBS. Better resume.

SDSU is not going to win out. Sorry. They aren't that good.

kalm
November 2nd, 2015, 05:55 PM

Perhaps. But that wasn't the point I was responding too.

Sycamore62
November 2nd, 2015, 06:09 PM

I actually think they could be a wild card through the playoffs.

ElCid
November 2nd, 2015, 06:13 PM

I think they are good, just not great. I think everyone was a little mesmerized by the Kansas win, me included. But that win gets a little more tarnished each week as Kansas continues to crap the bed--0-8 and ranked below Fordam in the Massey rankings (Heaven forbid!). I think SDSU goes 2-1 to close. Even if they win this coming week (possible but not probable), they lose one of two on the road to close.

Thumper 76
November 2nd, 2015, 09:26 PM

Dont see it.

Outside of UNI who has ISUR bet that's ahead of SDSUs wins? Considering how they scraped by two teams that SDSU handled fairly easily, and dodge NDSU this year.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 2nd, 2015, 10:14 PM
Re-matches can occur. In 1982, Colgate defeated Boston U to get into the playoffs and then faced BU again in the first round!

I think it happened in 1998 with UConn and UMass too...

ming01
November 3rd, 2015, 02:17 PM
Here's my projection on how things will end up. I struggled with some of the seedings. Think Chatty only loses to Florida St and wont be penalized. NDSU wins out. McNeese loses to SHSU. Richmond loses to W&M. PSU loses to EWU. Just to clarify some things. Didnt realize I had all the western seeds on one side after doing all of it. Just how it ended up after doing the seedings haha.

Dayton at UNI vs. 1. Illinois St
SUU at EWU vs. 8. Portland St
Charleston Southern at SHSU vs. 5. McNeese St
Colgate at SDSU vs. 4. NDSU

Duquesne at EKU vs. 3. Chatty
Fordham at JMU vs. 6. Richmond
The Citadel at CCU vs. 7. William & Mary
Central Arkansas at Western Carolina vs. 2. Jacksonville St.

Go...gate
November 3rd, 2015, 02:58 PM
How about Colgate at The Citadel?

Redbird Recon
November 3rd, 2015, 03:05 PM
Outside of UNI who has ISUR bet that's ahead of SDSUs wins? Considering how they scraped by two teams that SDSU handled fairly easily, and dodge NDSU this year.
This will be irrelevant to the committee compared to the weight of head-to-head.

REALBird
November 3rd, 2015, 03:07 PM

Thumper,

We didn't make the schedule, so not sure how we "dodged" NDSU. That same NDSU team also held you to 7 points at home. That same UNI team held you to 7 points at home.
If we just look at common opponents, we both beat YSU, we both beat Indiana State, we beat UNI, you didn't. We beat MSU on the road without 6 starters 38-2. You beat them on the road with your full team 39-0. The score doesn't mean much as we probably both let off the gas early.

Not sure what the weather was like when you beat ISUb, but I'm sure it couldn't have been any worse than last week in Normal.

I guess we can go around and around, but in your 3 home MVFC games, you guys are averaging 12.6 ppg and giving up 15 points per game. Getting held to 7 against NDSU and UNI at home nonetheless isn't going to win many games.

I'm confident we can score more than 15 at CAS. The question is which Bunnies team shows up, the one that beat ISUb, YSU, MSU or the one that lost to UNI and NDSU?

jacksfan29
November 3rd, 2015, 04:40 PM
Maybe what he meant by "dodged" is that ISUr were one of the schools who had to be pandered to when USD joined the conference.

Thumper,

We didn't make the schedule, so not sure how we "dodged" NDSU. That same NDSU team also held you to 7 points at home. That same UNI team held you to 7 points at home.
If we just look at common opponents, we both beat YSU, we both beat Indiana State, we beat UNI, you didn't. We beat MSU on the road without 6 starters 38-2. You beat them on the road with your full team 39-0. The score doesn't mean much as we probably both let off the gas early.

Not sure what the weather was like when you beat ISUb, but I'm sure it couldn't have been any worse than last week in Normal.

I guess we can go around and around, but in your 3 home MVFC games, you guys are averaging 12.6 ppg and giving up 15 points per game. Getting held to 7 against NDSU and UNI at home nonetheless isn't going to win many games.

I'm confident we can score more than 15 at CAS. The question is which Bunnies team shows up, the one that beat ISUb, YSU, MSU or the one that lost to UNI and NDSU?

Thumper 76
November 3rd, 2015, 05:19 PM
Maybe what he meant by "dodged" is that ISUr were one of the schools who had to be pandered to when USD joined the conference.

Winner winner chicken dinner! Also accepted would have been: not dodged as an intentional thing, but more dodged due to circumstance.

Hammerhead
November 4th, 2015, 10:16 PM
Unless the rules have changed, teams from the same conference can't play each other in the first round.

BisonTru
November 4th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Unless the rules have changed, teams from the same conference can't play each other in the first round.

They can if they didn't play in the regular season.

Rollbird5
November 4th, 2015, 11:01 PM
Hopefully we don't lose this weekend and won't have to worry about this hypothetical situation between isur, ndsu, and sdsu but if we end 9-2 with losses being @Iowa and @SDSU wouldn't that be more worthy of getting seeded over NDSU who has losses @Montana and USD @home even tho they blew out SDSU who we would of loss to? It's kind of a weird 3-way circle where I think Isur would have advantage over ndsu but ndsu would have an advantage over sdsu and sdsu over us, happy I wouldn't have to decide between all of that mess lol Hopefully the Redbirds win so we won't have to talk about it :D

BisonTru
November 4th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Hopefully we don't lose this weekend and won't have to worry about this hypothetical situation between isur, ndsu, and sdsu but if we end 9-2 with losses being @Iowa and @SDSU wouldn't that be more worthy of getting seeded over NDSU who has losses @Montana and USD @home even tho they blew out SDSU who we would of loss to?

Never know they could also look at it from a head to head NDSU>SDSU>ISU. It's up to 10 ADs and how they view it. If the scenario does play out, hopefully enough top teams from around the country lose that possibly all three are seeded.

MTfan4life
November 5th, 2015, 04:57 AM
As my buddy kalm pointed out to me, Furman does still have a shot at reaching 7 wins. In this case, I have them doing so just so I can keep that BCU school out of the playoffs. This could literally be all the 7 D1 win schools. (from non championship game conferences) I tried to do as much regionalization as possible. It's tough having regionalization, but that is an effect of the expanded playoffs and the NCAA isn't going to change that anytime soon. Now it's very possible that Southern Utah and Eastern Washington don't play each other as they are nowhere near 400 miles apart. I could see them sending SUU to SHSU and then sending Towson out west. One scary thing is that Duquesne (if they do qualify) could very well be playing Dayton in the first round in a rejuvenation of the old crap vs. crap bowl game they used to have in the mid 2000s. I know they've had non-conference rematches in the past in the first round. Anyways, enough of the ramble, here is my bracket:

1. Illinois State
Eastern Kentucky
Dayton

Northern Iowa
Colgate
8. South Dakota State

5. Richmond
James Madison
Duquesne

Sam Houston State
Towson
4. McNeese State

3. Portland State
Eastern Washington
Southern Utah

Furman
Charleston Southern
6. Chattanooga

7. North Dakota State
William & Mary
Fordham

The Citadel
Coastal Carolina
2. Jacksonville State

Gangtackle11
November 5th, 2015, 05:13 AM
As my buddy kalm pointed out to me, Furman does still have a shot at reaching 7 wins. In this case, I have them doing so just so I can keep that BCU school out of the playoffs. This could literally be all the 7 D1 win schools. (from non championship game conferences) I tried to do as much regionalization as possible. It's tough having regionalization, but that is an effect of the expanded playoffs and the NCAA isn't going to change that anytime soon. Now it's very possible that Southern Utah and Eastern Washington don't play each other as they are nowhere near 400 miles apart. I could see them sending SUU to SHSU and then sending Towson out west. One scary thing is that Duquesne (if they do qualify) could very well be playing Dayton in the first round in a rejuvenation of the old crap vs. crap bowl game they used to have in the mid 2000s. I know they've had non-conference rematches in the past in the first round. Anyways, enough of the ramble, here is my bracket:

1. Illinois State
Eastern Kentucky
Dayton

Northern Iowa
Colgate
8. South Dakota State

5. Richmond
James Madison
Duquesne

Sam Houston State
Towson
4. McNeese State

3. Portland State
Eastern Washington
Southern Utah

Furman
Charleston Southern
6. Chattanooga

7. North Dakota State
William & Mary
Fordham

The Citadel
Coastal Carolina
2. Jacksonville State

Have Colgate play Towson with winner going to 2 seed Jax. State & SHSU play UNI with winner playing 8 seed SDSU. That keeps it more regionalized & also sends lesser 2 teams to higher seeded Jax. State.

All just a whatif game, but makes sense if either Towson or Colgate bid high enough to be considered a host.

kalm
November 5th, 2015, 07:15 AM

1. Illinois State
Eastern Kentucky
Dayton

Northern Iowa
Colgate
8. South Dakota State

5. Richmond
James Madison
Duquesne

Sam Houston State
Towson
4. McNeese State

3. Portland State
Eastern Washington
Southern Utah

Furman
Charleston Southern
6. Chattanooga

7. North Dakota State
William & Mary
Fordham

The Citadel
Coastal Carolina
2. Jacksonville State

I was looking forward to this!

Observations:

Chatty and the Citadel both finish with likely FBS losses after playing each other. So is it a 7-4 Citadel that gets in or an 8-3 Chatty that gets a seed?

As mentioned earlier, have three teams from one conference ever been placed in the same pod before? I've seen this happening to the BSC twice now.

chattownmocs
November 5th, 2015, 07:21 AM

Observations:

Chatty and the Citadel both finish with likely FBS losses after playing each other. So is it a 7-4 Citadel that gets in or an 8-3 Chatty that gets a seed?

As mentioned earlier, have three teams from one conference ever been placed in the same pod before?

The citadel over furman.

kalm
November 5th, 2015, 07:49 AM
The citadel over furman.

I was talking about the BSC matchups.

chattownmocs
November 5th, 2015, 07:55 AM
I was talking about the BSC matchups.

Oh, you don't think the citadel would make it at 7-4? So like I said. I think you should be asking about furman.

kalm
November 5th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Oh, you don't think the citadel would make it at 7-4? So like I said. I think you should be asking about furman.

7-4 for either is on the bubble. That's why I asked the question.

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2015, 08:19 AM
As mentioned earlier, have three teams from one conference ever been placed in the same pod before? I've seen this happening to the BSC twice now.
I would guess the Big Sky will be the first (and maybe only) conference this will happen to and its inevitable that it will happen due to a couple factors:
1) All the playoff teams west of the Dakotas and Texas are Big Sky teams so there's no other way to regionalize them.
2) With each conference school not playing 4 other conference schools the committee has the built-in excuse (or they may call it "obligation") to matchup two conference teams in the 1st round if they didn't play a conference game in the regular season.

The worst would be they could bracket two BSC teams in the first round even if they played each other in the regular season if it wasn't a conference game. For instance, I believe EWU and Montana St played an OOC game against each other, which it seems like more and more Big Sky teams are doing since there's no regional OOC opponents, so the committee could match them up to play each other in the first round if they wanted.

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2015, 10:48 AM
I would guess the Big Sky will be the first (and maybe only) conference this will happen to and its inevitable that it will happen due to a couple factors:
1) All the playoff teams west of the Dakotas and Texas are Big Sky teams so there's no other way to regionalize them.
2) With each conference school not playing 4 other conference schools the committee has the built-in excuse (or they may call it "obligation") to matchup two conference teams in the 1st round if they didn't play a conference game in the regular season.

The worst would be they could bracket two BSC teams in the first round even if they played each other in the regular season if it wasn't a conference game. For instance, I believe EWU and Montana St played an OOC game against each other, which it seems like more and more Big Sky teams are doing since there's no regional OOC opponents, so the committee could match them up to play each other in the first round if they wanted.

some of you guys may know this without looking but would they regionalize a bracket where there is no chance of a bus ride in 2nd rounds? i dont know how far the teams we are talking about are and how close the rest of the field would be.

Im gonna throw out this for a 2 round bracket. EIU vs ISUb goes to ISUr. Im more "willing" that than predicting it.

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2015, 10:55 AM
some of you guys may know this without looking but would they regionalize a bracket where there is no chance of a bus ride in 2nd rounds? i dont know how far the teams we are talking about are and how close the rest of the field would be.

Im gonna throw out this for a 2 round bracket. EIU vs ISUb goes to ISUr. Im more "willing" that than predicting it.
I believe they've said in the past that even when teams aren't a bus ride away from their potential 2nd round opponent (within 400 miles) they'll still try to regionalize it to an extent. I would guess the main goal here is to sell more tickets to what are generally sparsely attended games in most locations and it's easier for an ISUb fan to travel to somewhere like JMU than Eastern Washington even though both would require plane travel for the visiting team.

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2015, 11:07 AM
I believe they've said in the past that even when teams aren't a bus ride away from their potential 2nd round opponent (within 400 miles) they'll still try to regionalize it to an extent. I would guess the main goal here is to sell more tickets to what are generally sparsely attended games in most locations and it's easier for an ISUb fan to travel to somewhere like JMU than Eastern Washington even though both would require plane travel for the visiting team.

yeah I guess that makes sense.

eiu1999
November 5th, 2015, 11:09 AM

EIU needs to win out vs JSU, EKU and UT-Marty for that to happen.

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2015, 11:15 AM
EIU needs to win out vs JSU, EKU and UT-Marty for that to happen.

I think they get in at 7-4 with a win over EKU who would be 7-4 also

WileECoyote06
November 5th, 2015, 12:55 PM
I think they get in at 7-4 with a win over EKU who would be 7-4 also

Agreed. Top 40 in computer ratings and an Future-SOS of 37 according to Massey. An OT game against likely seed Illinois State, knockout wins against EKU and UTM, and a 7-1 finish to the season will put the Panthers in.

eiu1999
November 5th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Agreed. Top 40 in computer ratings and an Future-SOS of 37 according to Massey. An OT game against likely seed Illinois State, knockout wins against EKU and UTM, and a 7-1 finish to the season will put the Panthers in.

I see that UTM game as a trap game that ruins the season.

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2015, 02:28 PM
I see that UTM game as a trap game that ruins the season.

ya it got sideways quick last year

MTfan4life
November 5th, 2015, 04:02 PM

Observations:

7-4 Citadel that gets in. Like I mentioned in my long ramble, aside from the MEAC, the teams that made my bracket were the only ones that made it to 7 D1 wins. So, there's no bubble for the 7-4 teams to fall off because they would be competing with 6-5 teams for those spots.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 5th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I took UTM against EKU this weekend. I think the OVC is pretty good ...

MTfan4life
November 5th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Have Colgate play Towson with winner going to 2 seed Jax. State & SHSU play UNI with winner playing 8 seed SDSU. That keeps it more regionalized & also sends lesser 2 teams to higher seeded Jax. State.

All just a whatif game, but makes sense if either Towson or Colgate bid high enough to be considered a host.

That's my mistake. Towson and Colgate being within 400 miles was an oversight. I think in that case, SHSU would play Eastern Washington and Northern Iowa would play Southern Utah. There hasn't been a case where Eastern wasn't a seed for a while, so it's hard to tell whether they would bid high enough. I know SHSU has bid well in the past, so I could see them hosting that game. The same with Northern Iowa.

Missingnumber7
November 5th, 2015, 11:10 PM
I took UTM against EKU this weekend. I think the OVC is pretty good ...

I don't know about pretty good, but there are 4 teams in the running for the playoffs. EIU could make ISUR and a few other teams excited with a win. UTM/EKU winner puts themselves in drivers seat for an at large bid, EIU plays both in upcoming weeks. Its going to be an interesting month in the OVC.

kalm
November 6th, 2015, 06:56 AM
That's my mistake. Towson and Colgate being within 400 miles was an oversight. I think in that case, SHSU would play Eastern Washington and Northern Iowa would play Southern Utah. There hasn't been a case where Eastern wasn't a seed for a while, so it's hard to tell whether they would bid high enough. I know SHSU has bid well in the past, so I could see them hosting that game. The same with Northern Iowa.

I would think UNI would blow us out. Maybe a toss up with SHSU as our attendance numbers have been within a few hundred for quite some time. Last time we bid was 2009 when we played @ SFA.

Sycamore62
November 6th, 2015, 08:46 AM
I don't know about pretty good, but there are 4 teams in the running for the playoffs. EIU could make ISUR and a few other teams excited with a win. UTM/EKU winner puts themselves in drivers seat for an at large bid, EIU plays both in upcoming weeks. Its going to be an interesting month in the OVC.

I look at good as 2nd best team in the conference capable of winning a first round game against not the Pioneer winner. I think with 24 teams, the OVC is deserving of 2 bids min. I dont think a 6-5 team from another conference should jump a 7-4 OVC team.

Big_Fan
November 6th, 2015, 08:51 AM
I look at good as 2nd best team in the conference capable of winning a first round game against not the Pioneer winner. I think with 24 teams, the OVC is deserving of 2 bids min. I dont think a 6-5 team from another conference should jump a 7-4 OVC team.
Thank you.

I know that 3 is unlikely, and 4 won't happen... but there are a lot of teams UTM would beat. The final score might be 60 to 55, but they would win. When their offense is clicking, they are hard to stop. I don't know their injury situation, but I wouldn't be shocked if they beat EKU and EIU both.

Missingnumber7
November 6th, 2015, 09:34 AM

I think 2 bids is all they get. I think when you put them up against a 9-2 Bethune-Cookman, a 7-4 Furman with a FBS win, a 9-2 Fordham with an FBS win, a 7-4 UND with an FBS win I don't think that a 7-4 OVC team gets in over those guys. But like I said it will be an interesting month in the OVC. If EIU gets hot and rolls through all 3 of the legit OVC teams.

towsonx
November 7th, 2015, 05:42 PM
With EKU's loss to UT-M, the EKU/EIU game could decide an at-large bid. EIU needs to get by UT-M first.

JSU02
November 7th, 2015, 05:57 PM
It's possible that EKU, EIU, and UTM end up at 6-2 conference and 6-5 overall. The OVC would likely be a one big league if that the case.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 7th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Good luck doing it after today! wow! chaos....

Nickels
November 7th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Maybe a toss up with SHSU
No it wouldn't. Attendance is irrelevant. We bid HIGH. IIRC no one has ever outbid us.

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 06:34 PM
No it wouldn't. Attendance is irrelevant. We bid HIGH. IIRC no one has ever outbid us.

Have you ever gone against someone with the numbers/money to bid?

SHSU would have to pull a JMU to outbid UNI

towsonx
November 7th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Will the Big Sky Conf only send 2 teams at the most? With EWU(6-3), Portland St(7-2) both losing today, it may come down to the last game where the play each other.

Next week won't be easy for either team, as EWU plays @ Montana, and Portland St hosts S. Utah. If EWU & PSU both loose, the winner of the EWU/PSU game would be the at large bid (or the conf title?), while the loser could most likely be finished for the season.

S. Utah (7-2) could also be a bubble team if they lose their last 2 against N. Arizona (beat EWU today) and PSU.

U Montana is still in it too. I think they will end up 7-4 and make it in. The early season win vs NDSU will help them.

Wins vs DII teams may also factor in too for PSU, SUU & NAU.

Missingnumber7
November 7th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Will the Big Sky Conf only send 2 teams at the most? With EWU(6-3), Portland St(7-2) both losing today, it may come down to the last game where the play each other.

Next week won't be easy for either team, as EWU plays @ Montana, and Portland St hosts S. Utah. If EWU & PSU both loose, the winner of the EWU/PSU game would be the at large bid (or the conf title?), while the loser could most likely be finished for the season.

S. Utah (7-2) could also be a bubble team if they lose their last 2 against N. Arizona (beat EWU today) and PSU.

U Montana is still in it too. I think they will end up 7-4 and make it in. The early season win vs NDSU will help them.

Wins vs DII teams may also factor in too for PSU, SUU & NAU.
PSU wins any bubble argument with 2 FBS wins.

towsonx
November 8th, 2015, 05:53 PM
========== The picture I’m seeing after this weekend ============
With a lot of moving parts, hope I didn't miss any....

Autobid: Dayton, Colgate, The Citadel, Charleston Southern, McNeese St, Jacksonville St, SUU, William&Mary, NC A&T, IL St.

At-Large; NDSU, Richmond, JMU, UNI, Fordham, PSU, Towson, Montana, SDSU, UCA, UNH, CCU

Bubble
EIU – 2 wins will get them to 7-4.
Bethune-Cookman – Will probably end up 10-2. Weak schedule but 9 div 1 wins may do it.
UT Chattanooga – Has 6 div1 wins & a win vs Citadel or FSU would give them 7.
EWU – A 6-5 team? Allowed 52 pts at home with last 2 games @ Montana & vs PSU.
YSU – If they beat NDSU, they’re probably in. Should beat Indiana St.
Villanova – Last 2 games vs Richmond,JMU & they’re 5-4 now.
SHSU - A win next week gives them 6 div 1 wins. Last game is vs UCA.
EKU – Needs to win last 2 to reach 7-4. Last game vs EIU should decide.
USD – At 5-4 now & last 2 games vs top MVC teams. Already beat NDSU.

Very Long shot Bubble teams (mathmatically possible?)
WCU – Will have 6 div 1 wins at the most.
WIU – needs to win last 2 to reach 6-5.
N Arizona – Would have to beat SUU.
UT Martin – Needs to win vs EIU to get 6 Div 1 wins.
Liberty – Need to beat CSU & CCU in last 2 games to win 7 and have lost to Monmouth & GWebb.
Furman – 1 FBS win, but would have to win last 2 games to get 6-5, and were blown out 48-10 yesterday.
NC Central – Will probably end up with 6 Div 1 wins.

===========================================

I think Bethune-Cookman could get an at large bid if the other option is a team at 6-5. Not saying they should (schedule strength), but have seen this happen in the past.

Tealblood
November 8th, 2015, 06:09 PM
========== The picture I’m seeing after this weekend ============
With a lot of moving parts, hope I didn't miss any....

Autobid: Dayton, Colgate, The Citadel, Charleston Southern, McNeese St, Jacksonville St, SUU, William&Mary, NC A&T, IL St.

At-Large; NDSU, Richmond, JMU, NIU, Fordham, PSU, Towson, Montana, SDSU, UCA, UNH,

Bubble
EIU – 2 wins will get them to 7-4.
Bethune-Cookman – Will probably end up 10-2. Weak schedule but 9 div 1 wins may do it.
UT Chattanooga – Has 6 div1 wins & a win vs Citadel or FSU would give them 7.
EWU – A 6-5 team? Allowed 52 pts at home with last 2 games @ Montana & vs PSU.
YSU – If they beat NDSU, they’re probably in. Should beat Indiana St.
Villanova – Last 2 games vs Richmond,JMU & they’re 5-4 now.
SHSU - A win next week gives them 6 div 1 wins. Last game is vs UCA.
EKU – Needs to win last 2 to reach 7-4. Last game vs EIU should decide.
USD – At 5-4 now & last 2 games vs top MVC teams. Already beat NDSU.

Very Long shot Bubble teams (mathmatically possible?)
WCU – Will have 6 div 1 wins at the most.
WIU – needs to win last 2 to reach 6-5.
N Arizona – Would have to beat SUU.
UT Martin – Needs to win vs EIU to get 6 Div 1 wins.
Liberty – Need to beat CSU & CCU in last 2 games to win 7 and have lost to Monmouth & GWebb.
Furman – 1 FBS win, but would have to win last 2 games to get 6-5, and were blown out 48-10 yesterday.
NC Central – Will probably end up with 6 Div 1 wins.

===========================================

I think Bethune-Cookman could get an at large bid if the other option is a team at 6-5. Not saying they should (schedule strength), but have seen this happen in the past.

dont even have an 8-1 CCU on your bubble wow

clenz
November 8th, 2015, 06:17 PM
dont even have an 8-1 CCU on your bubble wow

Or UNI with multiple top 10 wins and a dominant victory over a listed USD

FargoBison
November 8th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Or UNI with multiple top 10 wins and a dominant victory over a listed USD

Northern Illinois somehow made the cut though....

Tealblood
November 8th, 2015, 06:34 PM
UNI NIU eh what's the diff

xsmiley_wix

ST_Lawson
November 8th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Northern Illinois somehow made the cut though....

Yea, that really surprised me at first too...I guess 4-1 in the MAC gets you a good shot at the FCS playoffs...sounds about right though. With regionalization, they'll probably have to travel to the Fargodome, and honestly, the way NDSU is playing right now, I don't think NIU would stand a chance.

clenz
November 8th, 2015, 06:35 PM

xsmiley_wix

Yeah.

This is why I can't take posters seriously a lot of times around here

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2015, 06:37 PM

xsmiley_wix

If only it was in our logo or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah.

It's hard when you are a fan of the Coastal University of Carolina, aka CUC.

JayJ79
November 8th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Yeah.

silly CUC fans

Tealblood
November 8th, 2015, 06:43 PM
At least you or NIU got a shot at the bubble