PDA

View Full Version : STUPIDEST radio show I've ever listened to

OSBF
October 26th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Local radio station, WJBC, is the flagship station for ILS athletics. They do an early evening filler type call in show called sports talk in between the afternoon drive guy and whatever the evening programming is.

Today, as they should be, they were discussing ILS football.

The sidekick was saying how ILS is so CLEARLY the best team in FCS. The main host had ILS joining the B10 in a couple years and beating Michigan in the big house, and, how right now our program is better than NIU and Illannoy.

An obviously older gentleman called in with the simple message of slow it down a little bit and take a reality break

They hung up on him and mocked his voice, it was obvious he was elderly

CLASSY Tim Lewis, VERY VERY classy

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Win something.......start there. :D

centennial
October 26th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Watch it OSBF, other ISUr fans are going to be coming to call you a fake fan.

OSBF
October 26th, 2015, 07:02 PM

Essentially what the radio crew was doing to this guy, but they had to hang up on him first.

REALBird
October 26th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Pfft......now he's got a gripe with the radio show and guys who can't even spell FCS much less talk about it. Whatever. Man I hope when I get old and bitter I don't become this guy! Just take me out back and put me out of my misery.

REALBird
October 26th, 2015, 07:32 PM

seriously, I'm sure you guys have more than a few out of touch fans who partake in a few too many beverages and that resemble Dennis Hoppers character from Hoosiers! That's this guy! I mean who listens to 2.5 hours of something they don't agree with? And you're not married to them! That's the only way you put yourself through that purgatory.

OSBF
October 26th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Tim Lewis was a linebacker @ Portland State in the 80's, he actually does know FCS football, and normally is able to discuss it intelligently and rationally

tonight he was just on a roll, has every right to be, and that's what he's getting paid to do

No problem at all with what he or his cute little sidekick buddy were saying

REALproblem with the lack of professionalism to a REALcaller with a REALlegitimate point

REALBird
October 26th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Tim Lewis was a linebacker @ Portland State in the 80's, he actually does know FCS football, and normally is able to discuss it intelligently and rationally

tonight he was just on a roll, has every right to be, and that's what he's getting paid to do

REALproblem with the lack of professionalism to a REALcaller with a REALlegitimate point

What? The flagship radio station expressing extreme homerism rhetoric about a team after a big win on homecoming? "Release the REALHounds".

Blasphemous! Mercy!

OSBF
October 26th, 2015, 07:51 PM
What? The flagship radio station expressing extreme homerism rhetoric about a team after a big win on homecoming? "Release the REALHounds".

Blasphemous! Mercy!

nope

missing the point entirely

try again

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2015, 08:12 PM
You guys should fight. Need me to come to Normal to officiate the bout?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 26th, 2015, 08:16 PM
I stopped in to see if this was a reference to Everett Withers still calling Richmond "That Team" on his radio show today.

I'll quietly tiptoe back out and close the door now.

centennial
October 26th, 2015, 08:16 PM
http://iliketowastemytime.com/sites/default/files/best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
October 26th, 2015, 08:18 PM

If he played for PSU in the 80's he's probably more familiar with D2, not that it matters, sounds like a bit of a moron on the subject if what you say is what they were saying.

BTW, it's too bad that just being "homers" is what is expected as opposed to some decent analysis and discussion on your team. I wouldn't be real happy with it either I don't think.

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2015, 08:22 PM
At first I thought this was going to be about the FCS Wedge and would cause a huge beef. (Not a knock on the Wedge, just what I thought it was going to be as the only FCS radio show that came to mind)

REALBird
October 26th, 2015, 08:33 PM

No, I'm good. Fighting over stuff I have no control over is stupid and pointless. Now if it were a dance off feature our best break dancing and robot moves. I'm all in!

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2015, 08:39 PM
No, I'm good. Fighting over stuff I have no control over is stupid and pointless. Now if it were a dance off feature our best break dancing and robot moves. I'm all in!

I'll allow it!

Sycamore62
October 26th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Move to Charleston for a week or two.

Every ****ing day here....

eiu1999
October 26th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Move to Charleston for a week or two.

Every ****ing day here....

You speak the truth.

superman7515
October 26th, 2015, 11:27 PM

Ring announcer Clenz: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall... Now coming to the ring, the Fisher Bunny with the left hook like honey, representing the Ohio State Bar Foundation, and not the lawyering kind, standing 5 feet 6 and 3/4 inches thanks to his orthotics and weighing in at 115 pounds soaking wet in a sweatsuit, O S "Over The Hill" B F!!!

And now making his way to the squared circle and accompanied by his gorgeous valet Grizo Carmen Miranda, he's not just the realest, he's also the illest, and by that we mean he has the clap again, standing 5 feet 10 inches tall and wide, all the way from Bangkok... REALbird!!!"

LFN: Hello everyone, we're coming to you straight from Normal, Illinois for a very exciting matchup on this special evening! It's going to be a great match tonight folks, I wouldn't be surprised to see some fireworks!
Supe: No doubt about it, after that fourth slice of Casey's breakfast pizza, I wouldn't be surprised if you're seeing fireworks all night Chuck...

*ding ding ding*

LFN: Grizo walking under the bottom rope to take the jacket from REALbird, OSBF in the black trunks with the Roman numerals on the side.
Supe: With a face like that, OSBF's numerals shouldn't be roamin' anywhere.
LFN: And we're off, both men circling, sizing each other up and looking for an opening.
Supe: If these fellas are gonna size each other up, OSBF is going to need a Rascal.
LFN: They lockup and REALbird easily shoves OSBF head over heels into the neutral corner.
Supe: He's fighting a senior citizen Chuckles, let's not act like he's in there with a grown man like EIU1999's wife.
LFN: And they lockup again, OSBF forces REALbird into the corner and begins to chop away at his chest... OSBF starts to whip him into the opposite corner but REALbird reverses and sends OSBF into the corner hard. He stumbles out of the corner and REALbird lifts him up... Bodyslam!!
Supe: What a dumb move by OSBF to try that when he was just getting the upperhand. Where do you find these guys LFN, panhandling at the train station?
LFN: I'll have you know these are both very intelligent men with degrees from Illinois State.
Supe: Illinois State? What do you have to do there to graduate, milk a cow with your left hand?
LFN: Oh good lord. We've got to take a commercial break folks, we'll be right back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQFv83QJ2Y

Back to the action in the ring... REALbird with a lariat clothesline but he takes too much time preening to the crowd and is greeted by a left fist to the beak when he turns around!
Supe: Preening? Beak? You've been waiting all day to use that, haven't you?
LFN: I have no idea what you're talking about... REALbird escapes to the outside to catch his breath, that left hook from OSBF is the real deal.
Supe: An interesting shirt that REALbird is wearing today, it's like sinus infection green. Clearly there's a Motel 6 in the Normal area that is missing a curtain.
LFN: The referee counting out REALbird, the count up to 7 now as REALbird makes his way back into the ring.
Supe: It's a good thing REALbird got back in when he did, special guest referee Ursus doesn't know what number comes after 7.
LFN: Would you stop!?... OSBF riling the crowd up, clearly a fan favorite here tonight.
Supe: Not for long, the early bird over-65 special starts at Sizzler in a half hour.
LFN: OSBF locks REALbird up in a side headlock, but REALbird battling back. They exchange lefts and rights and finally REALbird uses his weight advantage to get OSBF down.
Supe: REALbird uses his weight advantage at dinner.
LFN: REALbird sets up for the reverse chinlock, stretching OSBF, those abdominals have to be burning.
Supe: Speaking of which, how's that Casey's pizza holding up? You gonna be able to finish this thing?
LFN: OSBF prying on the thumbs, trying to break the hold, and finally able to roll out, taking advantage of his comparative agility in this match.
Supe: He's very gibbon like.
LFN: OSBF taking a moment to rest in the corner, but REALbird charges to avalanche him in the corner... And OSBF moves out of the way at the last second, REALbird is down!
Supe: He didn't move out of the way Chuck, he fell asleep. It's 4:30 in the afternoon, well past bedtime for a man his age.
LFN: OSBF is up first, he walks over and drops an elbow into REALbird, he smells blood in the water.
Supe: He smells onion rings. Little known fact, REALbird keeps onion rings hidden under his third chin for emergency snacking.
LFN: REALbird battling back to his feet, he hits OSBF with a head butt.
Supe: That's not going to do a lot of good, he keeps hitting OSBF in the head and he's liable to raise his IQ to an even 10.
LFN: We'll be right back folks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2WBaA_PJzE

LFN: REALbird slingshots OSBF into the ropes and hits him with a back elbow, OSBF is down and with REALbird's size, he's at a tremendous disadvantage!
Supe: OSBF is at a disadvantage when he wakes up Chuckles.
LFN: REALbird lifts OSBF up and he tosses him over the ropes and almost into the front row of the audience, the action is going outside the ring!
Supe: Is that REALbird's family there in the front row?
LFN: I have no idea, I suppose it's possible, why?
Supe: Well if they're here, who's watching the hubcaps on the house?
LFN: REALbird heads over to the steel ring steps and dislodges them, it looks like he's going to lay out OSBF once and for all here folks. REALbird raises the steps up high... But no! As he goes to slam the steps down, OSBF kicks the step right back into REALbird! OSBF with the steps now and he slams them down across REALbird's back, driving those steel steps right into the trapezius!
Supe: They use those in the circus, ya know? Didn't think a big guy like that would be graceful enough.
LFN: OSBF is focused on REALbird, but Grizo is sneaking up behind him, and my God, my God, he just laid him out with a Maglite!!
Supe: The last thing OSBF saw was a lightbulb going off across his head, he doesn't know whether he has an epiphany or epilepsy.
LFN: And the referee gets to 10 with both men still outside the ring, this match is going to be a draw!
Supe: You're forgetting the best part Chuck, Ursus was able to get to 10 and still has his shoes on.
LFN: Officials from the back are coming out to regain order, here comes President NoDak4Ever...
Supe: Nice to see his wife let him out tonight.
LFN: ... head of security AlphaGriz1...
Supe: Living proof that Ted Kaczynski was innocent.
LFN: ... and there's head booker FormerPokeCenter...
Supe: Getting some much needed TV time, now whenever he delivers pizzas, people will recognize his face.
LFN: We've got a real donnybrook and we're out of time! We'll see you next week folks!
*starts to fade*
Supe: Did you just say donnybrook? You've been hanging out with IvyTalk and Bogie too much lately. I think you need to get out for a while.

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2015, 11:49 PM
I'm disappointed more attention wasn't given to the amazing official. xdrunkyx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 26th, 2015, 11:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNX_wGyKhmM

JALMOND
October 27th, 2015, 12:10 AM
Local radio station, WJBC, is the flagship station for ILS athletics. They do an early evening filler type call in show called sports talk in between the afternoon drive guy and whatever the evening programming is.

Today, as they should be, they were discussing ILS football.

The sidekick was saying how ILS is so CLEARLY the best team in FCS. The main host had ILS joining the B10 in a couple years and beating Michigan in the big house, and, how right now our program is better than NIU and Illannoy.

An obviously older gentleman called in with the simple message of slow it down a little bit and take a reality break

They hung up on him and mocked his voice, it was obvious he was elderly

CLASSY Tim Lewis, VERY VERY classy

You mean, you actually have a sports talk show that talks about Illinois State? Here, it is the Portland State fans that get hung up on and then mocked and ridiculed afterwards.

superman7515
October 27th, 2015, 08:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNX_wGyKhmM

Damn, fired already. xlolx

clenz
October 27th, 2015, 08:38 AM
You mean, you actually have a sports talk show that talks about Illinois State? Here, it is the Portland State fans that get hung up on and then mocked and ridiculed afterwards.
I thought every school had a radio show dedicated to their school....

http://onpressrow.com/

He may have other schools listed, and may talk about other schools very briefly, but from 5-6 PM M-F every day of the year it's On Press Row dedicated to the UNI Panthers

BEAR
October 27th, 2015, 08:54 AM
We've got a statewide radio show here that calls itself "Drive time Sports". It only covers one FBS team in the state and when fans from the other 3 Division I schools call in they are put on hold...forever. A guy emailed them and told them to rename their show to "hog time sports" and they banned him. Hilarious. Sadly even the hog fans that listen laugh at how poorly the show is run and how bad the callers. I took the chance and called them one day and said I was calling about the hogs to the screener and when they put me on the air live I asked an FCS question. You could hear a pin drop. They promised to look into an answer...but obviously never did. xlolx

They have callers who sound backwoods redneck hillbilly, stereotyped deep down south black with the slang, and wanna be country "folks". xlolx

It's all pathetic..

REALBird
October 27th, 2015, 09:26 AM
WJBC and Tim Lewis aren't bad, but they aren't good either. Typically they host one of these shows and some guy who sounds like he's been watching football since the team wore leather helmets calls in and rambles about what it used to be like, and drops and obligatory Illinois reference, rambles some more then talks about how excited they are to be a fan and the direction of the program.

More useless chatter from Tim about the success of the program, the record at Hancock since the renovation, praise of the AD (insert name). Then another caller. Sometimes it sounds like the guy who just called, except it's really his slow speaking wife basically saying the same thing. I think he was upstairs on the landline and she was on the new fangled cell phone the kids got her for emergencies.

Insert annoying FCS fan who thinks he knows about football, more Illinois references, talk about moving to the ACC, Big 10, Big 12, NFC North........all of which Tim agrees with, because he's a mouthpiece for the University and Redbird Athletics.

And this type of crap usually happens when we make the FCS playoffs, which has happened more in recent years, but not enough to call us annual contenders. After homecoming, because why after all you want to make the alums who used to listen think they're really missing quality football. OR you get the opposite when some coach leaves us for greener pastures. Then the sky is falling, we're doomed. We need to do more to retain good coaches. At which point we select a guy OSBF just absolutely hates. Someone who feels pressure to succeed to keep the rabid and fickle fan base happy, keep his nice paying job, and eventually launch himself to his next career destination. So they do things that OSBF doesn't agree with. Make some questionable decisions that work out, some that don't. But all in all.......it's basically the life of a college (insert sport) coach and we get to look through our lens and be judgmental and criticize. Good, Bad or otherwise.

Meh......I'm willing to let OSBF and Coach Stache wrestle and then they can settle their grievances.
If he wins he can move up and take on the basketball coach Dan Muller and then former coach Tim Jankovich.
As you can see, he has a bone to pick with every coach.