PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota @ NDSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 13th, 2015, 10:19 AM
3 emotional games in a row, now USD is coming to the FD.

USD is 0-2 in the Valley and would love to knock the Bison off for their first conference win. The last 3 games in this series, the yotes have been out scored something like 149-7.....yikes!

Can USD win this?

It will be a tough road for them to win this one. Coach Glenn hasn't produced in the Valley yet. Can he?

It will be interesting to see how the Bison come out and play. 3 emotional games in a row. Will they start out flat?

Coach K and the other coaches will have them ready to go.

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2015, 10:48 AM
3 emotional games in a row, now USD is coming to the FD.

USD is 0-2 in the Valley and would love to knock the Bison off for their first conference win. The last 3 games in this series, the yotes have been out scored something like 149-7.....yikes!

Can USD win this?

It will be a tough road for them to win this one. Coach Glenn hasn't produced in the Valley yet. Can he?

It will be interesting to see how the Bison come out and play. 3 emotional games in a row. Will they start out flat?

Coach K and the other coaches will have them ready to go.

Is this really even a conversation we need to have?

tomq04
October 13th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Is this really even a conversation we need to have?

Every Bison game deserves it's own discussion thread. Didn't you get the memo 4 years ago?

BisonBacker
October 13th, 2015, 11:12 AM
https://images.rapgenius.com/7c7f24d0dbb5d8c8d40cf1cb8b080bbd.510x218x1.jpg

deez_na
October 13th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Every Bison game deserves it's own discussion thread. Didn't you get the memo 4 years ago?

Amen

dewey
October 13th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about NDSU trying not to have a let down against the Coyotes.
http://www.inforum.com/sports/3859236-after-three-emotional-games-ndsu-has-gear-again-south-dakota-coming-town

Here is a Bison Media Blog previewing the University of South Dakota.
http://www.inforum.com/sports/3859169-bison-video-blog-university-south-dakota-preview

Whatever happened to that USD poster that thought they would go underfeated in MVFC play last year, LOL!

Dewey

Yote 53
October 13th, 2015, 02:14 PM
That wasn't me.

The Coyotes have gotten off to a disappointing start to the conference season after there was hope this season was different following a 2-1 OOC start. Nope, different year, same crap. I have no faith in USD winning this game, or even making it close. If USD wins it would be the most monumental upset in school history.

So, just what the Yotes needed after a difficult start to the conference, a trip to Fargo. You know who will be happy about this? MSU. We get them at home next week and the last few years after playing NDSU we end up coming out of it a MASH unit. So next week we should come into the game with MSU thoroughly demoralized and injury riddled. Oh joy.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 13th, 2015, 03:31 PM
How much time does Coach Glenn get?

USD fans: What would make this a successful year?

Yote 53
October 14th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Since I highly doubt we beat NDSU I will start after that. We'll be 0-3 in the conference at that point. I don't think there is any way to make the season "successful" but a palatable finish to the season would involve beating MSU at home, beating SDSU at home, and winning one conference road game. Icing on the cake would be to win out at home which would mean beating SIU as well. But that would mean going 4-1 in conference the rest of the way after NDSU and I just don't see that happening. Win out at home and I would be happy.

Jackal
October 14th, 2015, 12:54 PM
USD 24
NDSU 21

Book it

BisonFan02
October 14th, 2015, 12:55 PM
USD 24
NDSU 21

Book it

Is that a bet? :D xlolx

Jackal
October 14th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Is that a bet? :D xlolx
....with a 29 point spread

BisonFan02
October 14th, 2015, 12:57 PM
....with a 29 point spread

You're giving me 29 points now? I would have just taken those 3 you had in the original post. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2015, 07:36 AM
I hope the #2 QB (Stick) gets some meaniful reps in this game.

Bison 38-6

Bisonator
October 15th, 2015, 07:56 AM
This shouldn't be close but anythings possible. I'd say 38-6 sounds about right.

gregatim
October 15th, 2015, 11:48 AM
How much time does Coach Glenn get?

If USD runs him out of town, does he move to NDSU to be a recruiter for his swan song? It seemed like he was lobbying for that in his NDSU post game press conference last year.

This shouldn't be close but anythings possible. I'd say 38-6 sounds about right.

It shouldn't be, but I can't shake the ISUb nightmare from 2012. This game is ripe to be an emotional let down game after the last 3 games, so I'll be nervous until we are up 3 scores.

Professor Chaos
October 15th, 2015, 12:03 PM
If USD runs him out of town, does he move to NDSU to be a recruiter for his swan song? It seemed like he was lobbying for that in his NDSU post game press conference last year.

I don't think he was lobbying for anything from NDSU. I think he's just a good old boy who doesn't care what people think of what he says so he says what's on his mind and one of those things on his mind after that game was his respect for NDSU's program.

I still remember someone asking him when he thought the game was out of reach after the 54-0 shellacking in Sioux Falls in 2012. His response was something like "About the time they [NDSU] got off the bus".

gregatim
October 15th, 2015, 01:08 PM
I don't think he was lobbying for anything from NDSU. I think he's just a good old boy who doesn't care what people think of what he says so he says what's on his mind and one of those things on his mind after that game was his respect for NDSU's program.

I still remember someone asking him when he thought the game was out of reach after the 54-0 shellacking in Sioux Falls in 2012. His response was something like "About the time they [NDSU] got off the bus".

That was a classic quote.

deez_na
October 15th, 2015, 03:14 PM
USD 24
NDSU 21

Book it

Bison are going to lose at home to South Dakota? Book it? xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2015, 03:55 PM
USD 24
NDSU 21

Book it

USD will not sniff anything close to 24.

BisonTru
October 15th, 2015, 04:04 PM
USD will not sniff anything close to 24.

The last three match ups 143 - 10.

gregatim
October 15th, 2015, 04:13 PM
The last three match ups 143 - 10.

Not to split hairs here, but that would be 143-7.

Kemo
October 15th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Coyotes laying siege to the Fargodome...

https://media.giphy.com/media/mTXSKTk3BsT6w/giphy.gif

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2015, 06:40 AM
Game day for the Bison.

Hope to see a good mistake free Bison offense and a smothering defense. Put the foot on the pedal and keep it planted on the floor.

Hopefully we can see a lot of Easton Stick in the 2nd half or at least 4th quarter.

bisoninloveland
October 17th, 2015, 07:53 AM
yes, hope to see Easton in the 2nd half, hope they let him throw some, we know he's got wheels

Jackal
October 17th, 2015, 05:39 PM
USD 24
NDSU 21

Book it
Book it,bitches

Twentysix
October 17th, 2015, 05:43 PM
****ing nostradomus over here.

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Book it,bitches

Holy God

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2015, 05:49 PM
wha!!!!

buh!!!!

I think I literally can't even

Bisonator
October 17th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Book it,bitches

You da man!xbowx

CappinHard
October 17th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Holy hell, he really did predict it. I thought I remembered someone predicting a win, but the exact score? Damn. I hope he bet the money line.

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 06:28 PM
I'm not saying the Wile E. Coyote GIF had anything to do with it, but I'm just saying.

Professor Chaos
October 17th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I apologize to USD fans in advance who take offense to this but this was the most awful effort I've seen from the Bison since the 3-0 debacle against Missouri State in the last regular season game and the most awful home performance (losses included) since the 2009 3-8 season. The Bison probably would've struggled with the College of Faith today. The fans were also pathetic with a good chunk leaving at halftime and no energy (but who could really blame us with the effort the team put out today). Just an overall embarrassing effort all around. I'm sorry for not giving more credit to USD but I really feel like this was just a horrendous effort from the Bison that warrants dropping them not only out of national title conversation but I wouldn't blame someone if they didn't even include NDSU in their top 25 after this pathetic showing.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2015, 07:01 PM
I apologize to USD fans in advance who take offense to this but this was the most awful effort I've seen from the Bison since the 3-0 debacle against Missouri State in the last regular season game and the most awful home performance (losses included) since the 2009 3-8 season. The Bison probably would've struggled with the College of Faith today. The fans were also pathetic with a good chunk leaving at halftime and no energy (but who could really blame us with the effort the team put out today). Just an overall embarrassing effort all around. I'm sorry for not giving more credit to USD but I really feel like this was just a horrendous effort from the Bison that warrants dropping them not only out of national title conversation but I wouldn't blame someone if they didn't even include NDSU in their top 25 after this pathetic showing.

xeyebrowx it was a 3 point loss. Yes, it was to USD, but come on... step back from the ledge.

That being said, it has never been clear that NDSU is a top 5/10 team this season (though who is outrightly better, is also a tough question... the top teams seem weaker this season than in the past). Hopefully the game plan will shape up for the remainder of the season.

Professor Chaos
October 17th, 2015, 07:05 PM
xeyebrowx it was a 3 point loss. Yes, it was to USD, but come on... step back from the ledge.

That being said, it has never been clear that NDSU is a top 10 team, this season. Hopefully the game plan will shape up for the remainder of the season.
They lost at home to a team that hadn't won a conference game in their last 14 tries. There's no sugar coating this, it deserves every lousy adjective you can throw at it. I have no doubt NDSU is a better team than it showed today but if that's the type of effort we see the rest of the year they won't win another game (except against MSU... maybe).

jacksfan29
October 17th, 2015, 07:11 PM

That being said, it has never been clear that NDSU is a top 5/10 team this season (though who is outrightly better, is also a tough question... the top teams seem weaker this season than in the past). Hopefully the game plan will shape up for the remainder of the season.

The game felt a bit like a set up. NDSU just had three emotional and physical games. The take the opening drive and score, the dome isn't even full, yes; these are games NDSU should win. However, I too recall a 3-0 loss to MSU and a loss to a good, but not great ISUb team. It happens, but NDSU is still at top 5 team and one of two or three favorites to win it all this year.

I feel for whoever you have next week.

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Congrats to the Yotes!

caribbeanhen
October 17th, 2015, 10:00 PM
USD 24
NDSU 21

Book it
Wow nice call

Catsfan90
October 17th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Wow nice call
Hope you made that bet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2015, 10:10 PM
They lost at home to a team that hadn't won a conference game in their last 14 tries. There's no sugar coating this, it deserves every lousy adjective you can throw at it. I have no doubt NDSU is a better team than it showed today but if that's the type of effort we see the rest of the year they won't win another game (except against MSU... maybe).

Agree here.

Wake up call or will this team continue its mediocre play like this? Hope they can turn it back around....I think they will.

But USD deserved this. They hung around and scratched for a well deserved win.

Bisonoline
October 17th, 2015, 10:23 PM

I have questioned the Bisons play since the first game this year when our O and D-line play was suspect. Nothing Ive seen in all of the the games since then has changed my thoughts in that regard. I have been surprised it took so long for it to actually raise its ugly head to the point where we couldnt recover.

BisonTru
October 17th, 2015, 10:30 PM
I have questioned the Bisons play since the first game this year when our O and D-line play was suspect. Nothing Ive seen in all of the the games since then has changed my thoughts in that regard. I have been surprised it took so long for it to actually raise its ugly head to the point where we couldnt recover.

Did you not find the line play at Brookings impressive? Not arguing at all. Just kinda want hear your take.

MTfan4life
October 17th, 2015, 10:54 PM
This was the second NDSU game I have watched the entirety of this season. (It's obvious what the other one was.) I'm thinking a lot of the posters on here will want me to stay away from NBC on Saturdays from now on.

Jokes aside, the game was kind of crazy to watch after seeing so many NDSU beatdowns or comebacks the last few seasons. Things like big 3rd and short plays and late fourth quarter drives were always the NDSU specialty, but that is what South Dakota excelled at today, instead. What was most surprising was how composed that Saeger guy stayed most of the game. With all the veterans and talent, I'm sure NDSU will be fine. They just seem to have a problem with playing down to their opponent's level in some of these games.

Professor Chaos
October 17th, 2015, 11:31 PM
Agreed, I'd say the O-line has underperformed all year. I thought the D-line played really well against Weber, UND, and SDSU but they've been exposed the last couple games. We saw today what happens if the offense doesn't carry the team. It needs to start with the O-line, if they don't take charge in a hurry the offense will remain inconsistent which will allow teams to continue to expose an undisciplined Bison defense.

Bisonoline
October 17th, 2015, 11:31 PM
Did you not find the line play at Brookings impressive? Not arguing at all. Just kinda want hear your take.

Didnt take your question as argumentative at all.
Surprising would be my description. They really havent come together with the injuries and the constant rotation of players changing positions. Very inconsistent. Plus I think they are playing more zone blocking than power which doesnt help you control the LOS.

Laker
October 18th, 2015, 12:01 AM
I was at the MN State-Mankato 51-10 win over Concordia in St. Paul. Driving back I switched from the horrible Gopher loss to Nebraska to WNAX to listen to the Jacks-Penguins game. They gave a NDSU score so I switched to that game. I couldn't believe what I was listening to as the 'yotes were driving down the field. Then the winning field goal. I didn't think that this game would be close. But this is why you play the games- you never know.

Still- wow.

Yotes
October 18th, 2015, 12:49 AM
I have given up on this board, but will happily login to say F the Bison.

ming01
October 18th, 2015, 01:38 AM
USD 24
NDSU 21

Book it

Mother of God.

I looked at the post date like 3 times to make sure that was legit.

Vitojr130
October 18th, 2015, 03:18 AM
Montana beat us. We were in their house and they beat us.

But USD was given a game. They remained composed after that first quarter and it paid off. By the end of the game, it got to be embarrassing watching how undisciplined our defense got under pressure. They gave up their assignments. Piss poor playing today. That wasn't NDSU football.

All isn't bad, though. This will serve as a wake up game and hopefully now I won't be seeing football players at the bars the night before a game.

frozennorth
October 18th, 2015, 03:20 AM
USD 24
NDSU 21

Book it

xbowx xbowx xbowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2015, 07:14 AM
This was the second NDSU game I have watched the entirety of this season. (It's obvious what the other one was.) I'm thinking a lot of the posters on here will want me to stay away from NBC on Saturdays from now on.

Jokes aside, the game was kind of crazy to watch after seeing so many NDSU beatdowns or comebacks the last few seasons. Things like big 3rd and short plays and late fourth quarter drives were always the NDSU specialty, but that is what South Dakota excelled at today, instead. What was most surprising was how composed that Saeger guy stayed most of the game. With all the veterans and talent, I'm sure NDSU will be fine. They just seem to have a problem with playing down to their opponent's level in some of these games.

Cannot argue with this.

NDSU should have blown this team right out of the FD. But give USD credit, they clawed, scratched and deserved to win the game. They came thru and moved the ball to kick the winning FG.

Hopefully it is a wake up call for the Bison. They will get a lot of the read option from more teams on the schedule.

FCSwatcher
October 18th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Montana beat us. We were in their house and they beat us.

But USD was given a game. They remained composed after that first quarter and it paid off. By the end of the game, it got to be embarrassing watching how undisciplined our defense got under pressure. They gave up their assignments. Piss poor playing today. That wasn't NDSU football.

All isn't bad, though. This will serve as a wake up game and hopefully now I won't be seeing football players at the bars the night before a game.

the Yotes were not given the game. They beat the Bison in all phases.

Milktruck74
October 18th, 2015, 08:38 AM
The Huge Plate of Crow aside.... When a far inferior team knocks someone off the throne, it gives other hope and exposes weaknesses to take advantage of.....Just look at Ole Miss, #3 or 4 in the country, they get beat by a lesser team, it exposes weaknesses and gives hope to Memphis.....Who Thumps them. NDSU has to take this as a Wake up call, or fade into mediocracy.....Maybe Chattown was right????

Theee Catrabbit
October 18th, 2015, 08:43 AM

So this excuse works for the SDSU's bad game then a couple weeks ago? Can't have it both ways.........it's one game....where the hell is that NDSU fan swagger? Geezus, everybody lays an egg once in awhile. this is the Valley.

UNIFanSince1983
October 18th, 2015, 09:29 AM
USD 1862
NDSU 1890

Really the only surprise was that the Coyotes didn't win by more.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2015, 10:49 AM
So this excuse works for the SDSU's bad game then a couple weeks ago? Can't have it both ways.........it's one game....where the hell is that NDSU fan swagger? Geezus, everybody lays an egg once in awhile. this is the Valley.
This is a completely different scenario than what the marker game was. That was a rivalry game and a legit toss up. When you lose at home to a team who hasn't won a MVFC game in their last 14 tries who's a near 30 point underdog it is a colossal failure. I would not have been surprised to see a team like WIU come in and do this to NDSU but to have USD do it, the team NDSU has beaten on average 50-3 in the first 3 matchups since they joined the MVFC, is a colossal failure. This was worse than laying an egg, I've seen this Bison team lay eggs before and that phrase does not do justice to what happened at the Fargodome yesterday.

No_Skill
October 18th, 2015, 11:03 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnhkkdbvytOPAY0/giphy.gif

AshevilleApp2
October 18th, 2015, 01:47 PM
USD 24
NDSU 21

Book it

First time I looked at this thread. I call fix!

Seriously though, I was away since Friday and didn't know about this until today. Tough loss for NDSU. But until someone wins against them in the playoffs, they are the best. Maybe the field is getting closer though?

SUUTbird
October 18th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Congrats to the Coyotes, they deserved this win and weren't handed anything at all during the entire game. Props to the little guy knocking off the giant!

JayJ79
October 18th, 2015, 06:51 PM
it is not unheard of for packs of coyotes to take down larger animals, when they happen upon a wounded one.

Gil Dobie
October 18th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Congrats Coyotes. Best team won on Saturday. xbowx

nodak651
October 18th, 2015, 08:08 PM
WOW... After the UNI win I was thinking about how NDSU has been so clutch the past 4 years late in ball games. Was shocked when I saw the score. Congrats to the Yotes. I am happy for their fans that have supported their team through some thin years.

344Johnson
October 18th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Very surprised. Tough to stay on top forever.

Good for South Dakota. They have had a tough go of things the past few years.

Second blown game this year. Very un-ndsu like.

ngineer
October 18th, 2015, 10:59 PM
This just goes to show that everyone lays stinkers and comparative scores are relied upon too much. Great call on the "bet". Anytime the heavy underdog comes into someone else's house and knocks them off is great for the sport, if not for the home fans.

BisonBacker
October 19th, 2015, 09:28 AM
If rumors are true this game was way more costly than just the "L" on the record book.

jacksfan29
October 19th, 2015, 09:36 AM
If rumors are true this game was way more costly than just the "L" on the record book.

No way Wentz broke his wrist. There is no indication during or after the game that he broke his wrist.

From what I have read, someone's 3rd cousin overheard from someone's 5th cousin who was in a bar... (joke intended) that the Wentz family stated Carson broke his wrist. Twitter is not what I would call the most reliable source of info. Wait for Izzo to look into it. He has not said, nor hinted at anything. The guy knows his stuff and digs hard.

CappinHard
October 19th, 2015, 09:39 AM

That would be terrible if that rumor is true. Never want to see this happen to a kid, let alone one like this with as bright of a future as he does.

BisonBacker
October 19th, 2015, 09:41 AM
No way Wentz broke his wrist. There is no indication during or after the game that he broke his wrist.

From what I have read, someone's 3rd cousin overheard from someone's 5th cousin who was in a bar... (joke intended) that the Wentz family stated Carson broke his wrist. Twitter is not what I would call the most reliable source of info. Wait for Izzo to look into it. He has not said, nor hinted at anything. The guy knows his stuff and digs hard.

I just said "If" the rumor was true. I'll be cautiously optimistic but and this is a big but this rumor wasn't from a sisters boyfriends third cousin. I will still wait to hear from a more solid source however for confirmation or not.

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2015, 09:50 AM
I cant imagine it matters for at least another week.

everytime i get my hopes up for a backup qb we get our ass kicked

jacksfan29
October 19th, 2015, 09:50 AM
I just said "If" the rumor was true. I'll be cautiously optimistic but and this is a big but this rumor wasn't from a sisters boyfriends third cousin. I will still wait to hear from a more solid source however for confirmation or not.

Who was it from, Lakes making excuses for the loss?

I'm not saying there isn't a possibility. Maybe he's a skateboarder?:)

There was no indication before or after the game. if something did occur during the game you are likely looking at hairline and he will be on the field next weekend.

Izzo is pretty quiet, maybe he is celebrating the Mets win but if he hears this he would be on it. I trust the guy, he is a serious homer at times and I get tired of his UND love but the reality is (with TV gone) he is one of if not the best at covering FCS and he does a great job covering NDSU.

BisonBacker
October 19th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Who was it from, Lakes making excuses for the loss?

I'm not saying there isn't a possibility. Maybe he's a skateboarder?:)

There was no indication before or after the game. if something did occur during the game you are likely looking at hairline and he will be on the field next weekend.

Izzo is pretty quiet, maybe he is celebrating the Mets win but if he hears this he would be on it. I trust the guy, he is a serious homer at times and I get tired of his UND love but the reality is (with TV gone) he is one of if not the best at covering FCS and he does a great job covering NDSU.

I agree that if it is true it's only hairline but that still would be huge. As to the source no it wasn't that jackasss Lakes.

jacksfan29
October 19th, 2015, 10:07 AM
He's back to tweeting and still nothing. Though he did just put out that USD lost Bouma for the rest of the year. Tough loss for the Coyotes. Glenn doesn't seem to be able to catch a break.

I agree that if it is true it's only hairline but that still would be huge. As to the source no it wasn't that jackasss Lakes.

goyotes
October 19th, 2015, 10:24 AM
https://twitter.com/MikeMcFeelyKFGO/status/652938832015306752

Tweet from NDSU - UNI game refers to possible wrist injury for Wentz

Mayville Bison
October 19th, 2015, 10:59 AM
https://twitter.com/MikeMcFeelyKFGO/status/652938832015306752

Tweet from NDSU - UNI game refers to possible wrist injury for Wentz

McFeely is not a solid source to me. He's the type that will throw 10 things out there and hopes one of them sticks to be able to say I told you so. As jf29 said, let's wait to see what Izzo pulls up.

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2015, 11:02 AM
it's either broke or it's not.

you can quote me on that.

centennial
October 19th, 2015, 11:02 AM
If there was something, it would have been out by now. It's not. I'll believe it if NDSU confirms.

Catsfan90
October 19th, 2015, 11:03 AM
it's either broke or it's not.

you can quote me on that.
Are you a doctor?? You can't say that for sure...

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Are you a doctor?? You can't say that for sure...

I guess, in theory, if they have amputated it already it may technically not be broken.

Catsfan90
October 19th, 2015, 11:14 AM
I guess, in theory, if they have amputated it already it may technically not be broken.
That's a possibility. I'm not sure how advanced their medical capabilities are in Fargo. A broken wrist may have been to much for them to handle.

Grizalltheway
October 19th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Does NDSU not have a backup QB? Repeatedly playing Wentz while he's injured doesn't bode well for his potential NFL career...

BisonTru
October 19th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Does NDSU not have a backup QB? Repeatedly playing Wentz while he's injured doesn't bode well for his potential NFL career...

What's funny is a few fans/posters have voiced concerns our coaches and/or Wentz might be too focused on the NFL. But playing him while injured and the way they run him and the hits he takes certainly, to me, shows the complete opposite.

And, yes, our back up is Easton Stick, who looked very good in Spring ball. He is obviously a huge step down from Wentz, and it is hard to take a lot away from a spring scrimmage.

Personally, I think ES, looks very comparable to TC, Jackrabbits true freshman who is now starting.

jacksfan29
October 19th, 2015, 12:12 PM
What's funny is a few fans/posters have voiced concerns our coaches and/or Wentz might be too focused on the NFL. But playing him while injured and the way they run him and the hits he takes certainly, to me, shows the complete opposite.

And, yes, our back up is Easton Stick, who looked very good in Spring ball. He is obviously a huge step down from Wentz, and it is hard to take a lot away from a spring scrimmage.

Personally, I think ES, looks very comparable to TC, Jackrabbits true freshman who is now starting.

I would agree, same type of players; same athletic makeup. Those two, for the next several years are going to be fun to watch.

BisonBacker
October 19th, 2015, 12:15 PM

Less experience for sure but to say a huge step down might be a bit of an overstatement.

344Johnson
October 19th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Less experience for sure but to say a huge step down might be a bit of an overstatement.

You think a redshirt freshman who has zero meaningful experience is not likely a huge step down from a 5th year senior who will likely end up being drafted?

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2015, 01:23 PM
You think a redshirt freshman who has zero meaningful experience is not likely a huge step down from a 5th year senior who will likely end up being drafted?

Not if he has a broken wrist

BisonBacker
October 19th, 2015, 01:29 PM

5th year senior maybe but only playing his second year as a starter. Obviously he's got the experience over Stick but to sell stick so short to say he's a huge step down is wrong. Won't know until Stick gets his chance to prove his worth as starter. Many would say Jensen was a step down but I'd take another Brock Jensen as well. I think what made both Brock and Carson so good beyond athletic skills is the ability to read a defense. How Stick will perform in that ability will certainly go a long way to him being successful. Either way I hope Carson plays but if he's injured a 100% healthy Stick vs. a ???% healthy Wentz I'll take Easton or at least give him a chance.

RowdyRabbit
October 19th, 2015, 01:34 PM

Wentz's hand is amputated?*

*(See how easy it is to start rumors?)**
**(I'm not saying it isn't true.)***
***(The broken wrist, not the amputation)

BisonTru
October 19th, 2015, 01:54 PM
5th year senior maybe but only playing his second year as a starter. Obviously he's got the experience over Stick but to sell stick so short to say he's a huge step down is wrong. Won't know until Stick gets his chance to prove his worth as starter. Many would say Jensen was a step down but I'd take another Brock Jensen as well. I think what made both Brock and Carson so good beyond athletic skills is the ability to read a defense. How Stick will perform in that ability will certainly go a long way to him being successful. Either way I hope Carson plays but if he's injured a 100% healthy Stick vs. a ???% healthy Wentz I'll take Easton or at least give him a chance.

Keep in mind, I might be the biggest CW fan on the interwebs. When I say "huge step down," that more reflects my thoughts on Carson than my thoughts Easton.

I think Stick certainly has the tools to become as good of a QB as Jensen was. Wentz is a special player and I don't see Stick doing some of the things Carson does. To put things in perspective, I would say any QB in the FCS outside of Vad Lee is huge step down. This is JMO, which could certainly be wrong.

Yote 53
October 19th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Yep, that victory for the Coyotes was costly. Turns out Trevor Bouma for USD finished the game with a BROKEN ARM and is now done for the season. He'll be replaced by a couple of freshman running backs.

The Bison weren't the only ones dealing with injuries that day.

Thumper 76
October 19th, 2015, 02:01 PM
What?!?!?!? Wentz died in a drunken brawl with the UND mascot in New Orleans?!?!?!? My condolences to his family!

ST_Lawson
October 19th, 2015, 02:08 PM
What?!?!?!? Wentz died in a drunken brawl with the UND mascot in New Orleans?!?!?!? My condolences to his family!

Yea, but that UND mascot had it coming.

F'N Hawks
October 19th, 2015, 02:09 PM

Norris the 'Nodak' got in his face and that was all she wrote for Carson. Sad story really but you don't mess around with North Dakota 'Nodaks'.

Grizalltheway
October 19th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Keep in mind, I might be the biggest CW fan on the interwebs. When I say "huge step down," that more reflects my thoughts on Carson than my thoughts Easton.

I think Stick certainly has the tools to become as good of a QB as Jensen was. Wentz is a special player and I don't see Stick doing some of the things Carson does. To put things in perspective, I would say any QB in the FCS outside of Vad Lee is huge step down. This is JMO, which could certainly be wrong.

Jordan West...

BisonTru
October 19th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Jordan West...

QBs at EWU almost always put up godly stats. So I'm a bit skeptical.

However, I haven't watched an EWU game this season. I can never get that watchbigsky feed to work. So my opinion on him should be taken with a grain of salt.

centennial
October 19th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Jordan West...
Putting up stats is different from the kind of throws you make. I see Wentz making NFL level throws multiple times a game, I don't see that from any other FCS QB.

JayJ79
October 19th, 2015, 06:02 PM
given all the QBs that NDSU has knocked out of games over the years, this would be nice karmic retribution.
but I doubt it is true.

(does saying that make me an a'hole? oh well)

BisonBacker
October 20th, 2015, 09:26 AM
given all the QBs that NDSU has knocked out of games over the years, this would be nice karmic retribution.
but I doubt it is true.

You infer that NDSU plays dirty with the Karma comment. NDSU plays physical football. If Wentz is out so be it nobody's claiming foul just saying it sucks. You saying it's karma well yeah it does make you an ahole not that you care or will lose sleep over it. Neither will I.

Bison56
October 20th, 2015, 10:09 AM
but I doubt it is true.

Of all the stupid posts you put on here this one is tops.

Sycamore62
October 20th, 2015, 10:12 AM
but I doubt it is true.

We've lost Shakir Bell and Mike Perish for important games (or parts of games) from helmet contact vs UNI.

Hope Karma is on its way to Cedar Town

BisonBacker
October 20th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Well here it is official.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/10/20/ndsu-starting-quarterback-carson-wentz-suffers-wrist-injury/74262154/

BisonBacker
October 20th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Not official but heard it is broke and will require surgery. out a minimum of 4-6 weeks. I'm guessing done for the season regardless of playoffs.

AshevilleApp2
October 20th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Well here it is official.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/10/20/ndsu-starting-quarterback-carson-wentz-suffers-wrist-injury/74262154/

Sorry to read this.

BisonBacker
October 20th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Sorry to read this.

You and a hell of a lot of Bison fans.

AshevilleApp2
October 20th, 2015, 10:38 AM
You and a hell of a lot of Bison fans.

I can relate. AE had knee injuries his Junior and Senior seasons that limited his effectiveness. Not saying we would have won more, but you always wonder.

That said, you still have a strong team moving forward.

REALBird
October 20th, 2015, 10:59 AM
That sucks!!!! Next man up. Kid still gives me nightmares. I wake up at 1:38 AM every night thinking about January in Frisco. He's young, hope he has a speedy recovery and gets back before seasons end.

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2015, 01:01 PM
but I doubt it is true.

Nope. Makes you a royal D-Bag.

clenz
October 20th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Nope. Makes you a royal D-Bag.
It's best to ignore Jay.

Jackal
October 20th, 2015, 01:33 PM
but I doubt it is true.

Yes, it makes you a class A'hole with a capital A

REALBird
October 20th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Yes, it makes you a class A'hole with a capital A

second.

If a kid goes down as part of the game, it happens. But any sick f***** who would be happy about another persons misfortune. Well, that's just the lowest of the low.

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2015, 01:53 PM
It's best to ignore Jay.

I really should have.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 20th, 2015, 01:56 PM
but I doubt it is true.

Hey Jay, do you think it was your upbringing? I mean have you ever looked at yourself and just wondered how you got to this place where you are just simply one of the bigger douchebags anyone has come across? It's impressive how ****ing big of a dumbass you can be at times. Congrats to all that have helped you get where you are now.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 20th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Wish Wentz a quick recovery and knowing him he'll be ready to go Saturday anyway.

Bisonoline
October 20th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Hey Jay, do you think it was your upbringing? I mean have you ever looked at yourself and just wondered how you got to this place where you are just simply one of the bigger douchebags anyone has come across? It's impressive how ****ing big of a dumbass you can be at times. Congrats to all that have helped you get where you are now.xthumbsupx

Strange that that seems to be his goal in life. May be its something he can actually accomplish?

BisonFan02
October 20th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Wish Wentz a quick recovery and knowing him he'll be ready to go Saturday anyway.

Too soon...... xlolx

Catsfan90
October 20th, 2015, 03:39 PM
I really should have.
Trolls love being fed.

ming01
October 20th, 2015, 06:46 PM
but I doubt it is true.

Must suck to be 2nd fiddle to us every year. The butthurt is real you guys.