PDA

View Full Version : National title contenders..at this point.

Pages : 1 [2]

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Yes their secondary is bad, but has anyone else thrown for six TDs on them, let alone a 3rd stringer making his first start?

O line was also better than they've been all season, only allowed one sack and opened some holes against a good defensive front.

But mostly the field seems as wide open as it's been in recent memory. I think anyone who gets in has a good chance to make a run.

I hope the Griz come around, but I'm as cautious as I am with UNI making a run.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 25th, 2015, 12:54 PM
I hope the Griz come around, but I'm as cautious as I am with UNI making a run.

I think UNI has a legit chance of making a playoff run.

They have left on the schedule:

USD
Ind State
@ MSU
SIU

3/4 are at home with all of them being winnable games. SIU might be the only team that will push UNI but if a playoff berth is riding on a W, I will go with the Panthers at home.

7-4 puts UNI in the playoffs IMO.

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2015, 01:25 PM
I think UNI has a legit chance of making a playoff run.

They have left on the schedule:

USD
Ind State
@ MSU
SIU

3/4 are at home with all of them being winnable games. SIU might be the only team that will push UNI but if a playoff berth is riding on a W, I will go with the Panthers at home.

7-4 puts UNI in the playoffs IMO.

I think we lose to someone not named MSU

TheKingpin28
October 25th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Going to get burned or chewed for this but USD looked "different" during the MSU game. They just clicked and I think their win at NDSU might be what they needed to no longer be a cellar team. Not saying they are in the top half of MVFC but I'd be shocked if they didn't finish near .500 this season. Flame away if you must, and yes I know it was MSU who they beat, but, they could be the perennial "WIU" sleeper team for this season.

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Going to get burned or chewed for this but USD looked "different" during the MSU game. They just clicked and I think their win at NDSU might be what they needed to no longer be a cellar team. Not saying they are in the top half of MVFC but I'd be shocked if they didn't finish near .500 this season. Flame away if you must, and yes I know it was MSU who they beat, but, they could be the perennial "WIU" sleeper team for this season.

Saturday is the first UNI game I will make this season and I am going with the full expectation that USD will beat us.

Samalum'10
October 25th, 2015, 03:43 PM
A 7-4 UNI gets in the playoffs without a doubt.

RabidRabbit
October 25th, 2015, 04:29 PM
USD now has two more wins than ever in MVFC play. Jury's still out on whether USD has indeed turned a corner in competitiveness. USD win at Fargo was excellent performance in a classic trap game. Mo St-so far, a complete punching bag of an opponent.

USD's game at UNI is a much more likely to be a measuring stick for USD's advancement.