October 10th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Stinking pile of poo. Fire Dave Brock!

GoBlueHens83
October 10th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Stinking pile of poo. Fire Dave Brock!

I wish.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 10th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Who knew that you couldn't succeed by taking a balanced offense playbook and tossing out all of the passing plays?

Daytripper
October 10th, 2015, 07:14 PM
What will it take to make a head coaching change if not this?

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 07:17 PM
I am not sure Delaware is committed to Football anymore. If it were me, I would steal some MVFC or D2 coaches. They have the money to do it.

MR. CHICKEN
October 10th, 2015, 07:18 PM
....WHAA NOT.....MONTANA JES' WOW?........LEAST BLUEHENS....STINK/STANK/STUNK......FROM JACKSONVILLE ON......EKED OUT UH W...AGIN LAUGH-AY-ETTE....WHOM GEORGETOWN WAFFLED TADAY.....DROPPED PASSES ALL OVERAH......ONE WR....DROPPED DUH FIRST THREE CHUCKED HIS WAY....IFIN' YA DROP PASSES...IN FRESHMAN/SOPH YEARS......WHAA MAKES YA THINK...DEY'LL CATCH 'EM......IN LATER YEARS?.........AN' WE MOVED SEVERAL WR'S.....TA D-BACK.....WHAT KINDAH PAWS.....DID DEY POSESS??.........FIRE BRAWK!

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 10th, 2015, 07:19 PM
I thought DB really had the Hens turning the corner. Handling last week's success so poorly this week is a pretty bad sign. The fact that his initials are DB may be a bad sign too.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 10th, 2015, 07:19 PM

A new University President who cares about the quality of athletics and who is willing to either replace the current AD or hold his feet to the fire to get it done.

Hopefully the selection committee will have someone soon.

I don't have much faith in the current AD Ziady. It looked like he might have almost been ready to replace our woefully incompetent basketball coach last season, but instead he waited until the last minute and just renewed him, so that we're stuck with his ass for another few years and we lost several quality recruits in the meantime over the uncertainty.

GoBlueHens83
October 10th, 2015, 07:21 PM

He's friends with the AD, this could go on for a while.

MR. CHICKEN
October 10th, 2015, 07:22 PM
DELAWARE AFFLETICS.....IS IN SHAMBLES............FIRE BROCK?

BlueHenSinfonian
October 10th, 2015, 07:25 PM
I thought DB really had the Hens turning the corner. Handling last week's success so poorly this week is a pretty bad sign. The fact that his initials are DB may be a bad sign too.

You and me both. The team showed some fire in the Villanova and UNC games, and finally put it all together against W&M. Then, bam, we regressed back to worse than week 1 against Rhody.

The big issue is the passing game. We don't have one. We have a freshman QB who routinely runs for more yards than he passes, who lacks accuracy and finesse, and who has a receiving corp that would be outclassed by a lot of D2/D3 teams. Three interceptions today - one a pick six and the other ending what would have been a scoring drive - killed us. They killed the momentum and any confidence the team had. One was on the receiver, one was entirely on the QB, the other was a tandem effort of a bumbled catch and a poor decision to put it there in the first place.

Since Rhody could see that we couldn't pass they just cheated up their DBs and jammed the gaps every single play. We have some amazing RBs and a decent OL, but when the other team knows you aren't going to pass, and your playbook isn't designed around the option and misdirection on the ground, you just don't have anything you can do.

Tribal
October 10th, 2015, 07:27 PM
We lost to a team that was shut out by Rhody. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

superman7515
October 10th, 2015, 07:28 PM

Finally home...

There will be no coaching change. There is no President at the University of Delaware and the athletic director made a buddy hire in the middle of the night while ignoring a search for any other candidates. Eric Ziady is Dave Brock's ride or die bitch and Brock isn't going anywhere.

centennial
October 10th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Finally home...

There will be no coaching change. There is no President at the University of Delaware and the athletic director made a buddy hire in the middle of the night while ignoring a search for any other candidates. Eric Ziady is Dave Brock's ride or die bitch and Brock isn't going anywhere.
Bohl almost got fired after 3-8 2009 season. This is 2 year from beating Minnesota, and from beating CMU(Mac champions that year) 44-14. Dave Brock has had enough time to prove himself.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 10th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Does Ziady have any side pieces, in addition to his ride or die bitch?

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2015, 07:55 PM
We need a William and Mary WTF thread too. It's like they also lost to Rhode Island.

MR. CHICKEN
October 10th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Does Ziady have any side pieces, in addition to his ride or die bitch?

HE FIRED DUH LADY SOFTBALL COACH.......TRIED TA DUMP MONTE ROSS...OURAH ROUNDBALL MENTOR.....TIL NEWS JOURNAL.....STOKED DUH RACE CARD.......SHERMAN....DUH BASEBALL COACH....HAS WORN OUT HIS UD WELCOME.....(IN FAIRNESS EVERAH TIME HIS TEAMS DO WELL.....HALF DUH SQWAD....OPTS FO' DUH MINORS).......FIRE BROCK!

MR. CHICKEN
October 10th, 2015, 07:57 PM
We need a William and Mary WTF thread too. It's like they also lost to Rhode Island.

DON'T COUNT......YA BEAT 'NOVA......FIRE BRAWK!

ngineer
October 10th, 2015, 08:05 PM

Any....Given.....Saturday. Wild swings in outcomes are what happens especially in programs in transition. Some weeks the heads are screwed on, and others they're swiveling. smh...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2015, 08:42 PM
No, really, Delaware is awful.

caribbeanhen
October 10th, 2015, 09:07 PM

is your coach really that dumb? how could he not know that Delaware is challenged on the passing game and played to stop the run? a gift he gave Delaware

aceinthehole
October 10th, 2015, 09:29 PM
No, really, Delaware is awful.

Yeah, but what does that say about the Patriot League? Although UD is just 3-4 vs. non-conference opponents in the past 2 season, they have held serve vs. Patriot League teams.

Wins: Delaware State, Colgate, Lafayette
Losses: Pittsburgh, Sacred Heart, Jacksonville, North Carolina

The Hens have 2 wins vs. Patriot League and 1 vs. the MEAC; but they have lost to NEC and Pioneer opponents in back-to-back seasons.

superman7515
October 10th, 2015, 09:40 PM
http://media.mwcradio.com/podblogs/uploads/baf70f54-53d8-4414-a741-6750c048acdf.jpg

*Gary Allan, Songs About Rain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEkQGa_O5tU

Well this team has closed down way to early and there's nothing to do,
So I'm driving around in circles and I'm thinking about you.
Today I heard you got a brand new team cap,
Sure didn't think it was gonna hit me like that,
And the radio just keeps playing all these songs about rain.

Rainy night in Newark,
Missing Edgar J.

Now there's all kinds of movies of Titans and teams that went right.
But for some unknown reason we hired this bum in the middle of the night.
Hey I hope it's sunny for you in the Lone Star,
But that's sure not the picture tonight in Newark,
And it sure ain't easin' my pain, all these songs like...

Rainy night in Newark,
Missing Edgar J.
Here comes that sinking feeling again.
Blue Hens crying in the early morning rain,
The losses go on, and there's no two the same.
Oh it's not easy to blame the AD for my pain.

Well I thought I was over you but I guess KC I'm not.
Cuz when Ziady let you go looks like losers were all that we got.
Guess I'll never know what could have been,
If we had a quarterback that could win.
If they're gonna keep on hiring these bums like...

Rainy night in Newark,
Missing Edgar J.
Oh it's just not easy to blame the AD for my pain.

Rainy night in Newark,
Missing Edgar J.
The losses go on, and there's no two the same...

Daytripper
October 10th, 2015, 09:52 PM
http://media.mwcradio.com/podblogs/uploads/baf70f54-53d8-4414-a741-6750c048acdf.jpg

*Gary Allan, Songs About Rain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEkQGa_O5tU

Well this team has closed down way to early and there's nothing to do,
So I'm driving around in circles and I'm thinking about you.
Today I heard you got a brand new team cap,
Sure didn't think it was gonna hit me like that,
And the radio just keeps playing all these songs about rain.

Rainy night in Newark,
Missing Edgar J.

Now there's all kinds of movies of Titans and teams that went right.
But for some unknown reason we hired this bum in the middle of the night.
Hey I hope it's sunny for you in the Lone Star,
But that's sure not the picture tonight in Newark,
And it sure ain't easin' my pain, all these songs like...

Rainy night in Newark,
Missing Edgar J.
Oh it's not easy to blame the AD for my pain.

Well I thought I was over you but I guess KC I'm not.
Cuz when Ziady let you go looks like losers were all that we got.
Guess I'll never know what could have been,
If we had a quarterback that could win.
If they're gonna keep on hiring these bums like...

Rainy night in Newark,
Missing Edgar J.
Oh it's just not easy to blame the AD for my pain.

Rainy night in Newark,
Missing Edgar J.
The losses go on, and there's no two the same...

https://media.giphy.com/media/LYDNZAzOqrez6/giphy.gif

BisonFan02
October 10th, 2015, 11:40 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oFjXHPrf2sQ/VJIaoPS-g6I/AAAAAAAAISY/-TN6qkztxcc/s320/Baking.gif

tribefan40
October 11th, 2015, 09:38 AM

Gave props to UD but said in other threads, just an all-around horrendous effort by the Tribe in Newark. That said, the Delaware loss is the data outlier for now. We'll know who we are in three weeks.

melloware13
October 11th, 2015, 04:53 PM
This game has made me happy I can't go to either the UNH or JMU games, and can focus on alumni band (aka xdrunkyx band) for Albany. I was in HS for 2008, so I missed that disaster season, but some of my fellow UDMB alumni who were there for it said that they didn't do anything that bad. Makes me wish I was rolling in $$$ so I could send a letter like "take this money, only if you fire the coach".

BlueHenSinfonian
October 11th, 2015, 06:36 PM
This game has made me happy I can't go to either the UNH or JMU games, and can focus on alumni band (aka xdrunkyx band) for Albany. I was in HS for 2008, so I missed that disaster season, but some of my fellow UDMB alumni who were there for it said that they didn't do anything that bad. Makes me wish I was rolling in $$$ so I could send a letter like "take this money, only if you fire the coach".

Given that they didn't have the balls to fire Monte when they absolutely should have, I don't expect anything to happen to Brock until his contract expires, and even then only maybe.

Ivytalk
October 11th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Maybe a total fan boycott would send a message. A dry Piss Wall.

Catsfan90
October 11th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Question for a Delaware fan. Is it worth traveling down for the UNH VS Delaware game? How are hotel rates in the area, and how accessible is the stadium, also how's the tailgating?

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Question for a Delaware fan. Is it worth traveling down for the UNH VS Delaware game? How are hotel rates in the area, and how accessible is the stadium, also how's the tailgating?

The hotels were built in the 1700s so they are the best.

superman7515
October 11th, 2015, 08:19 PM
The hotels were built in the 1700s so they are the best.

George Washington slept there.

superman7515
October 11th, 2015, 08:31 PM

You should win handily, so why not make the trip and at least give us some of your hard earned money for our troubles? Best bets are Courtyard Newark, it's operated by the University of Delaware through their hospitality management program, and the Christiana Hilton.

I think the rates are pretty reasonable, but I grew up near a resort beach that has the 9th highest hotel prices in the United States (over $225 a night), so the prices I'm used to, I have since found out are not normal, haha. I'm completely the wrong person to ask there. $300 a night? Seems legit. $150? Must come with roaches.

The stadium is right off of Interstate 95, very easy to access, and tailgating is a breeze now that the parking lots are wide open without all those pesky fans to get in the way... xdrunkyx

melloware13
October 11th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Given that they didn't have the balls to fire Monte when they absolutely should have, I don't expect anything to happen to Brock until his contract expires, and even then only maybe.

He won an outright conference title more recently than the football team has made the playoffs, so the comparison is moot.

superman7515
October 12th, 2015, 05:44 AM
He won an outright conference title more recently than the football team has made the playoffs, so the comparison is moot.

He's also the losingest coach in UD history, has a .437 overall win percentage, has more seasons with single digit wins than conference titles, and during his tenure his teams have had more off the field issues than any three programs put together. His job was only saved by a massive PR push in the local papers calling it racist to fire him for being a craptacular head coach.

HensRock
October 12th, 2015, 06:08 AM
The UD Board of Trustees values academics first, second, and third. As long as a UD coach runs a relatively clean program, and has student-athletes who graduate at a reasonable rate, his job will be safe. It really has nothing to do with W-L record. Well, maybe there is a limit to how bad they will let a W-L record get, but we have yet to find that bottom limit in any of UD's athletics programs. The Men's Lacrosse coach is another case in point.

Let me repeat that: There is ZERO emphasis on Athletic Success (in terms of wins) at Delaware. The yardstick for athletic success is measured in graduation rate. I'm not saying this is right or wrong. It's simply the truth.

bluehenbillk
October 12th, 2015, 08:32 AM
The Delaware program that people around the country once knew...is gone. Almost everything that was unique or special about the place isn't the case anymore. The team isn't any good, the coaching is worse, the tailgating & fan atmosphere have been drained & empty seats abound. There is a high probablity that the 16 season tickets we have, the season tix I've been with since birth will not be renewed next year. There is no big reason to have them anymore, sure I'll park a little further away & not have the same seats every game, but everyone around us is gone, so what's that matter & there are thousands of tix available for every game - no risk of sell outs. There was anger at one time, now it's worse - widespread apathy.

2ram
October 12th, 2015, 08:52 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDf1h7NNmMc07fLFH7AQIlx27bZfdoT bG40DTvZ0lsL2FAInEN (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCMHRm5GKvcgCFYWYgAod9l8Nlg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wallpapervortex.com%2Fwallpap er-35506_bear_polar_bear_facepalm.html&psig=AFQjCNEH_fLmpI-xz2OD0-A5FR_eM_el2g&ust=1444744142492589)

DFW HOYA
October 12th, 2015, 09:07 AM
The Delaware program that people around the country once knew...is gone. Almost everything that was unique or special about the place isn't the case anymore. The team isn't any good, the coaching is worse, the tailgating & fan atmosphere have been drained & empty seats abound. There is a high probablity that the 16 season tickets we have, the season tix I've been with since birth will not be renewed next year. There is no big reason to have them anymore, sure I'll park a little further away & not have the same seats every game, but everyone around us is gone, so what's that matter & there are thousands of tix available for every game - no risk of sell outs. There was anger at one time, now it's worse - widespread apathy.

What changed? Was it Bernard Muir's tenure, Keeler's departure, or the direction from the top?

There's a Wikipedia quote from Keeler which read, from 2004, "We're the LSU; we're the Georgia, the Florida of Division I-AA. We have every resource."

Delaware's record the last three seasons: 15-15.

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2015, 09:09 AM

I fear UNI is headed in this direction. The apathy is growing every time we lose a close and every time we have a dumb coaching call (4 Way Fall QB Battle, rotating QBs, prevent defense losing the game)

Daytripper
October 12th, 2015, 09:17 AM
I fear UNI is headed in this direction. The apathy is growing every time we lose a close and every time we have a dumb coaching call (4 Way Fall QB Battle, rotating QBs, prevent defense losing the game)

UNI is very competitive every year. Delaware not so much.

2ram
October 12th, 2015, 09:18 AM
its not just individual teams that are suffering, it's small time college football that is. kids have access to streaming games now, the lure of the tailgate isn't as strong. tbs is broadcasting competitive video gaming now...

i think kids will show up for a winning program. but fan bases are brittle compared to 20 years ago. it just doesn't seem to take much for them to lose interest.

the times are changing.

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2015, 09:18 AM
UNI is very competitive every year. Delaware not so much.

That doesn't mean that the continued apathy can't lower fan support. I hate to see what the home games look like the rest of the season, especially if we lose this week.

UNI fans feel we should be a title contender every year, not a playoff participant (Bison fan inserts joke about years painted on the wall).

Daytripper
October 12th, 2015, 09:22 AM
That doesn't mean that the continued apathy can't lower fan support. I hate to see what the home games look like the rest of the season, especially if we lose this week.

UNI fans feel we should be a title contender every year, not a playoff participant (Bison fan inserts joke about years painted on the wall).

Do you think a coaching change would fire up the fan base?

MR. CHICKEN
October 12th, 2015, 10:04 AM
DON'T FO'GET...DUH GESTAPO LIKE USHERS/TICKET TAKERS......UPON ENTRANCE TA LAUGH-AY-ETTE GAME........TICKET TAKER.....STARED AT MAH PASS LIKE 30 SECONDS...EVEN FLIPPIN' IT OVERAH TA CHECK THE BACK......MAH FRIEND WORKS DUH PLAYER GATE......HE TOLD ME THEY BUS 'EM UP FROM BALTIMORE.....AH MISS DUH FRIENDLAH RETIRED GUYS.....WHO USED TA DO IT...GOT UH FEW DUCATS...AN' SAW DUH GAME FO' FREE............AH'VE HAD SEASONS SINCE 1986......AN' B/4 DAT....AHH'D GO COUPLE GAMES EACH YEAR.......WAS EVEN IN PGSKIN ALLEY PROGRAM WHEN AH WAS IN SIXTH GRADE (50 CENT FO' KIDS IN END ZONE).........AN' AH'M ON DUH VERGE...UH GIVEN UP........AH TO HAVE LOST LONG TIME FRIENDS.....NOW WE GET......AWAY TEAM FANS.....SITTIN' IN THOSE SEATS...OR ROWDY PARTY ANIMALS WHO REEK UH ALCOHOL/NICOTINE........AN' DID AH MENTION DUH RAP CRAP COMIN' OUTTAH DUH SOUND SYSTEM?............FIRE BRAWK/ZIADY!

AND....WE FIRED UH PERFECTLAH GOOD COACH......LOOK AT HIM NOW....xcoolx....AWK!

UNIFanSince1983
October 12th, 2015, 10:09 AM

Oddly enough the new OC did fire up the fan base quite a bit. There was talk of this high scoring, fast paced, no huddle offense. Then when we got to see it in action it was just the same offense with no huddle. People are turning on Farley fairly quickly. It would depend on the hire, but I do think a coaching change would fire up the fan base a little. Although the grass isn't always greener. So we will see what happens.

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2015, 10:18 AM

People want the head coach to stay but stop being such a control freak. Just my perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Oddly enough the new OC did fire up the fan base quite a bit. There was talk of this high scoring, fast paced, no huddle offense. Then when we got to see it in action it was just the same offense with no huddle. People are turning on Farley fairly quickly. It would depend on the hire, but I do think a coaching change would fire up the fan base a little. Although the grass isn't always greener. So we will see what happens.

Adding that they showed the new offense in the Spring game which got people even more excited.

bluehenbillk
October 12th, 2015, 10:39 AM
What changed? Was it Bernard Muir's tenure, Keeler's departure, or the direction from the top?

There's a Wikipedia quote from Keeler which read, from 2004, "We're the LSU; we're the Georgia, the Florida of Division I-AA. We have every resource."

Delaware's record the last three seasons: 15-15.

All of the above.

-Direction from top - recently departed President no friend to the program
-Muir did nothing for football here, current AD Ziady may be on the outs & whiffed on coaching hire
-Brock thought he had 3 QB's before spring ball, in reality - we have none
-Brock has tore down the program, took a playoff caliber team in '13 to lose their last 3 & not qualify - been downhill since & won't do any/many transfers to turn around
-Ill-timed & poorly rolled out donation policy started season ticket exodus

That's about it...

ngineer
October 12th, 2015, 11:41 AM
its not just individual teams that are suffering, it's small time college football that is. kids have access to streaming games now, the lure of the tailgate isn't as strong. tbs is broadcasting competitive video gaming now...

i think kids will show up for a winning program. but fan bases are brittle compared to 20 years ago. it just doesn't seem to take much for them to lose interest.

the times are changing.

Fully agree that there has been a cultural shift in the country, with a lot being attributed to social media. Events calling for human interaction are suffering. People have so many more 'diversions'...and have gotten lazy. It takes "effort" to go to a game, brave the elements, be hot/cold/wet, drive for hours. Used to be called commitment. Not so much anymore to a lot of things.

Catsfan90
October 12th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Fully agree that there has been a cultural shift in the country, with a lot being attributed to social media. Events calling for human interaction are suffering. People have so many more 'diversions'...and have gotten lazy. It takes "effort" to go to a game, brave the elements, be hot/cold/wet, drive for hours. Used to be called commitment. Not so much anymore to a lot of things.
Also with everything happening so fast, if a team has a few down years people move on to the next thing immediately. Look how quickly these teams lose interest based off of some bad performances?