PDA

View Full Version : WCU erases 18 point deficit, beats Mercer 24-21

catamount man
October 10th, 2015, 05:54 PM
What a friggin' ball game today! Hats off to Mercer as they came out loaded for bear. Glad the CATS pulled it out. Good shot to get our 1st win in Spartanburg since 1981 next week. And yes Mercer your WR was in bounds on that last drive. Trust me, we got hosed in 2012 against Samford with the same call. Keep your heads up and beat ETSU next week. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!! xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Poor Mercer. 2 weeks in a row.

catamount man
October 10th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Poor Mercer. 2 weeks in a row. Mercer will be a force in this league for years to come. Gotta give our D credit though. They break and then fix themselves back up. BTW, we lost our starting QB and our true freshman QB Wes Holcombe from Rabun Gap, GA led the final two TD drives. Kid's gonna be a good one! GO CATS! (Sorry you guys lost to the Bison.)

ETSUfan1
October 10th, 2015, 07:48 PM
They'll hang 60 on the Bucs next week. That will east their pain. :(

catamount man
October 10th, 2015, 08:50 PM
They'll hang 60 on the Bucs next week. That will east their pain. :(

ETSU's team is still essentially HS football players. You guys will be good in a few years. You'll beat KWC this year to get 1 win. Good luck! GO CATS!

citdog
October 10th, 2015, 09:21 PM
western carolina's DI wins are so rare they deserve their own thread when they occur.

catamount man
October 10th, 2015, 09:23 PM
western carolina's DI wins are so rare they deserve their own thread when they occur. Bout as often as you pay for own drinks. LOL! Kudos to ending the Wofford streak. GO CATS!

citdog
October 10th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Bout as often as you pay for own drinks. LOL! Kudos to ending the Wofford streak. GO CATS!

They are not QUITE that rare... JB is happy tonight!

ElCid
October 10th, 2015, 10:48 PM
Great game and way to come back. Mercer has to be smarting right now. But they played it way too conservative when they had you on the ropes. If they had done what they have been doing in their SOCON games up to now, they would have walked away with the win.

catamount man
October 11th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Great game and way to come back. Mercer has to be smarting right now. But they played it way too conservative when they had you on the ropes. If they had done what they have been doing in their SOCON games up to now, they would have walked away with the win.

I can only think that Lamb was trying to milk the clock but when WCU wants to, they can get yardage in no time. Final drive was 91 yards, mostly on the ground. I was not happy with our QB being in shotgun mode on 4th and 1 but the holes were there for Newsome to sprint to the end zone. Guess that is why they coach and I work in customer service. LOL!

AshevilleApp2
October 11th, 2015, 07:30 AM
Nice win Catamounts!

CID1990
October 11th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Mercer will be a force in this league for years to come.

as long as bobby lamb resists the urge to go fer two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk