PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Likely to see some playing time

bison95
December 5th, 2006, 09:38 AM
On defense, any changes likely will be done with the idea of generating more pass rush. After being fairly consistent the first half of the season, the pressure — whether from four-man rushes or blitz packages — has waned. The Packers failed to sack Pennington and recorded only five hits on him.

One possibility is increased playing time for rookie defensive end Jason Hunter, who in training camp showed some pass-rush ability. Another is reverting to the dime defense, which hasn't been used since before the bye.

"It'd be a good opportunity for me, more so for my future development this late in the season," Hunter said. "It could help me a lot for the future just to get more NFL game experience."

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061205/PKR01/612050511/1989

Mr. C
December 5th, 2006, 09:41 AM
It's about time the Pack got clued in to that. What do they have to lose in playing guys like Hunter.

DinoDex200
December 5th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Let's hope he does as well in December for them as he did for us last year!!!

bison95
December 5th, 2006, 09:58 AM
It's about time the Pack got clued in to that. What do they have to lose in playing guys like Hunter.

Hopefully they lose their DC! He took ove a defense ranked 7th overall in 2005, and made upgrades, and are now 29th and 32nd in scoring:bang: :bang:

AppAlum96
December 10th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Dec 9 Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers will reduce DL Aaron Kampman's workload during the Week 14 game. The team is hoping less time will end his declining production. Kampman has been on the field for 337 of 343 snaps in the last five games. DL Jason Hunter appears in line to relieve Kampman.

BrevardMountaineer03
December 11th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Look out for the Pack's pressure, Hunter will give them speed, you better watch out, that man is ruthless.

Edit: Oh yeah, it's about durn time!

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Thats is awesome for him.

I have been waiting for this all year... watching him on occasion on Kickoffs and Kickoff coverage got tiring.

I am glad he will be getting the break he needs to show the world how good he is

mcveyrl
December 12th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Finally, a reason to watch Packer's football!! I was super impressed with him during the playoffs last year (who wasn't?). I'm excited to see how his debut goes.

ASU Kep
December 12th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Thats is awesome for him.

I have been waiting for this all year... watching him on occasion on Kickoffs and Kickoff coverage got tiring.

I am glad he will be getting the break he needs to show the world how good he is

I know! Every once in a while I'd be watching the numbers and think I see 57 only for it to be someone else. It'd be great to see him actually out there, I really, really think he'll do well.