PDA

View Full Version : Sportscenter on the Road to Fargo!

IBleedYellow
October 4th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Just confirmed on NDSU Facebook page.

Not Gameday, which Fargo was in the running for according to Lee Fitting, but it'll be fun anyway!

veinup
October 4th, 2015, 04:40 PM
interesting

i'm all for more FCS towns getting more exposure on ESPN or whatever, but Fargo again?

knucklehead
October 4th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Getting to be a bit much for sure. Not saying they don't deserve it, but spread the love around.

IBleedYellow
October 4th, 2015, 04:51 PM
I'll just put it this way, ESPN wants to put on a good show...and NDSU knows flattery goes a long ways with things like this.

NDSU would probably have ESPN3 contracts alone if the MVFC didn't have one. Reason being: NDSU'S director of Media Jeremy Jorgensen. He is a huge asset to NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Should be fun!

RabidRabbit
October 4th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Finally, a competitive game to highlight. The prior two opponents were not.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

dgtw
October 4th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Getting to be a bit much for sure. Not saying they don't deserve it, but spread the love around.

I agree. There are a lot of good places in FCS that would make for nice stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
October 4th, 2015, 06:00 PM
I agree. There are a lot of good places in FCS that would make for nice stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then they need to get on the horn with ESPN and lobby for it....read IBY's post about Jeremy Jorgenson. He isn't kidding....NDSU has built a relationship with the "mothership" so to speak with the playoff games the Bison have hosted and having a wide open door/bending over backwards policy when it comes to helping ESPN out. The Bison have proven we put on a good show...and it is an easy pick for them.

PantherRob82
October 4th, 2015, 06:01 PM

So should NDSU's media guy be pushing for ESPN to go somewhere else? xlolx

It's not like ESPN is asking the NCAA or MVFC or anyone else where to go. They built a relationship with NDSU and if someone else wants them, win some games and build the relationship.

PantherRob82
October 4th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Maybe ESPN should stop going to LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, etc because they've been there too much.

BisonFan02
October 4th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Maybe ESPN should stop going to LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, etc because they've been there too much.

**** all of them...they each have their own conference channels.... xlolx :D

Thundar
October 4th, 2015, 06:19 PM
glad to have them, students will fill it up

IBleedYellow
October 4th, 2015, 06:20 PM
glad to have them, students will fill it up

EVERYONE will fill it up! The beauty is this will be in the Fargodome, so everyone can go to SC on the Road then roll out and tailgate right away!!

Southern Bison
October 4th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Congrats Fargo!

PantherRob is right...if you want ESPN to spread the love around, win some games including a NC.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

veinup
October 4th, 2015, 06:42 PM
have the athletic department at your university pay for prostitutes for the whole espn crew

centennial
October 4th, 2015, 06:43 PM
have the athletic department at your university pay for prostitutes for the whole espn crew
Exactly how we do it.

PantherRob82
October 4th, 2015, 06:49 PM

Do prostitutes get FCOA as well? xlolx

IBleedYellow
October 4th, 2015, 06:50 PM

You guys literally just had ESPN on your campus for a week and your team was shown on National Television, and you're complaining about ESPN coming to NDSU for 2 hours?

Bro....

jsnow84
October 4th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Enjoy, well deserved.

centennial
October 4th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Depending on the quality.

PantherRob82
October 4th, 2015, 07:55 PM

Title IX xlolx

Sycamore62
October 4th, 2015, 08:09 PM

Yes. For Law and Med school

veinup
October 4th, 2015, 08:20 PM
You guys literally just had ESPN on your campus for a week and your team was shown on National Television, and you're complaining about ESPN coming to NDSU for 2 hours?

Bro....

didn't mean to come off as mad/jealous, i'd just prefer the exposure spread out a bit into other places where it makes sense. not even necessarily in my town or for my team. i think it'd be cool if they did a gameday thing in Harrisonburg VA for example. i'm not trying to take anything away from the accomplishments of NDSU.

Sycamore62
October 4th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I think about any school would get a large picture of drunk fans for a back drop. Come to ISUb's homecoming. Same size crowd "at" the game as a sold out fargodome. They just don't make it in.

Hammerhead
October 4th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Congrats Fargo!

PantherRob is right...if you want ESPN to spread the love around, win some games including a NC.

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/83/836745/2309365-johstewartboom.gif

NDSUSR
October 4th, 2015, 09:09 PM

Arent hookers kind of a Griz thing?

putter
October 4th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Is this the same Jeremy Jorgensen that was a sports reporter in Missoula?

IBleedYellow
October 4th, 2015, 09:27 PM

Yep.

Hammersmith
October 4th, 2015, 09:51 PM

He's godawful as a sideline reporter*, but seems to be really good building relationships with media outlets.

*huge homer; I can take a little rah-rah from the announcers, but he is ridiculous

Sycamore62
October 4th, 2015, 10:57 PM
I'm gonna assume when we refer to hookers we are doing that as a positive.

GABison
October 5th, 2015, 06:51 AM

Depends if the prositute is a full ride or partial.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 5th, 2015, 08:23 AM
didn't mean to come off as mad/jealous, i'd just prefer the exposure spread out a bit into other places where it makes sense. not even necessarily in my town or for my team. i think it'd be cool if they did a gameday thing in Harrisonburg VA for example. i'm not trying to take anything away from the accomplishments of NDSU.

We would love it obviously. With over 20k undergrads, JMU is the kind of place that can mobilize a mob scene in a hurry if given the right motivation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glgMlQR7NE8

Hopefully, Vad's "Big Man on Campus" bit had Jeanine Edwards and ESPN take notice of what great potential the school has in terms of a GameDay kind of place.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13774129

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 5th, 2015, 11:32 AM
As a midwest football fan I would love to see ESPN go to the east coast. I honestly just don't know the history of Football out there and or the conferences. Feature Jax or JMU or something. PS I'll be more impressed with Vad when he stops throwing ints. 10 picks and 17 tds. Say what? As a homer I'll stick with Carson 14tds to 0 ints xcoffeex

jacksfan29
October 5th, 2015, 12:09 PM
He's godawful as a sideline reporter*, but seems to be really good building relationships with media outlets.

*huge homer; I can take a little rah-rah from the announcers, but he is ridiculous

Isn't he the same one who was telling everyone over 5K would be in Brookings?

NDSU deserves the attention they are getting nationally. They could very well end up with 5 in a row this year, they have a better fan base than a large number of FBS schools and Wentz, barring injuries could very well end up a first round pick.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 5th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Isn't he the same one who was telling everyone over 5K would be in Brookings?

NDSU deserves the attention they are getting nationally. They could very well end up with 5 in a row this year, they have a better fan base than a large number of FBS schools and Wentz, barring injuries could very well end up a first round pick.

1.) Only because QB's are taken WAY too high. 2.) I hope he slips to the 4th round and can play backup to say Aaron Rogers for 5 years and then be a legitimate professional Quarterback. If he goes in right away I think he gets destroyed. But I think that of all rookie QBs

BisonFan02
October 5th, 2015, 01:26 PM
1.) Only because QB's are taken WAY too high. 2.) I hope he slips to the 4th round and can play backup to say Aaron Rogers for 5 years and then be a legitimate professional Quarterback. If he goes in right away I think he gets destroyed. But I think that of all rookie QBs

Davis will have Carson throwing the ball 70 yards while seated....Wentz is going in the first round to my Raiders....Carr be damned. xlolx

centennial
October 5th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Davis will have Carson throwing the ball 70 yards while seated....Wentz is going in the first round to my Raiders....Carr be damned. xlolx
Raiders? Hope he goes to either the Packers, Vikings or Broncos.

BisonFan02
October 5th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Raiders? Hope he goes to either the Packers, Vikings or Broncos.

Don't ruin this for me.... :D xlolx

jacksfan29
October 5th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Denver, Green Bay, New Orleans, Arizona, Pittsburg.. all will be looking for a young quarterback. If Manning decides to retire I think Denver would be the worst situation of this group. If Osweller doesn't turn out to be the guy it will get ugly fast. Bronco fans skewered both Plummer and Griese and Elway is not a patient man.

Green Bay, New Orleans, Arizona and Pittsburg would all give him a chance to grow into a starting role.

centennial
October 5th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Denver, Green Bay, New Orleans, Arizona, Pittsburg.. all will be looking for a young quarterback. If Manning decides to retire I think Denver would be the worst situation of this group. If Osweller doesn't turn out to be the guy it will get ugly fast. Bronco fans skewered both Plummer and Griese and Elway is not a patient man.

Green Bay, New Orleans, Arizona and Pittsburg would all give him a chance to grow into a starting role.
Manning should have retired last year. His physicals tools are almost gone, only thing keeping him in the game is the play calling. He is masterful at reading defenses. I expect it to be ugly next year.

Bison56
October 5th, 2015, 01:47 PM

They will trade Carr for picks to get Carson!

Raider Nation!!!!

ST_Lawson
October 5th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Bears would also be interested in a good young QB. Might not start next year, but fairly soon.

BisonTru
October 5th, 2015, 03:19 PM

Raider Nation!!!!

I think Carr is going to be a good QB in the NFL. Just needs another season or so.

BisonFan02
October 5th, 2015, 03:49 PM

Raider Nation!!!!

This guy gets it!!!!!

I think Carr is going to be a good QB in the NFL. Just needs another season or so.

A system QB from Fresno St? Nopesville...population 1. :D

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2015, 04:48 PM
The tailgate lots are opening at 5AM CT for this shindig. Hide the women and children!

Darlinikki150
October 5th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Holy ****- 5am, it's gonna be a long day....

BisonTru
October 5th, 2015, 05:08 PM
This guy gets it!!!!!

A system QB from Fresno St? Nopesville...population 1. :D

He is 9th in QBR. Has the physical tools to play at this level and is a film room junkie. I like what I see so far.

And I'm not a Raiders fan at all.

TheKingpin28
October 5th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Just not the bears. Cutler has doomed that franchise. I hope my Raven's are smart enough to see Flacco is good, but not elite, (it pains me to say that since I've been riding his bandwagon from when they drafted hime) and Wentz can truly give the Ravens an Offense they deserve and take the pressure of the Defense. Sure Flacco is the only QB to ever make the postseason his first 5 years, but anyone with halfa brain knows it was Lewis, Suggs, Ngata, and Reed carrying that team on their back while Yanda, Ogden, and Birk kept Flacco from getting pancaked.

I can see Wentz with Perriman and Byrd on the ends and if Gilmore and Pitta (can he stay healthy for a season) on the TE. Such a beautiful offense!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Pittsburgh would be a great fit!!!

Screw the Raiders.....end of the line with them!!

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 5th, 2015, 06:19 PM

Lets add some more teams... Bills, Bears, Jets, Houston, Rams, Browns.

KPSUL
October 6th, 2015, 07:38 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21417&stc=1

bisoninloveland
October 6th, 2015, 09:03 PM
I predict Carson to the Steelers, we think alike Bison in NWMN......must be the age thing!

Bison56
October 7th, 2015, 11:38 AM
He is 9th in QBR. Has the physical tools to play at this level and is a film room junkie. I like what I see so far.

And I'm not a Raiders fan at all.

Nobody is perfect.

Bison56
October 7th, 2015, 11:40 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21417&stc=1

Now that's what I like.

APaladindad
October 9th, 2015, 12:22 AM

Is there an NCAA limit on the number of scholarships for prostitutes in the recruiting department?

citdog
October 9th, 2015, 01:09 AM
Is there an NCAA limit on the number of scholarships for prostitutes in the recruiting department?

Jeff Monken buses them in to hudson high.

Bisonator
October 9th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Bus arrived last night: http://www.inforum.com/news/3856938-sportscenter-road-bus-arrives-ndsu-campus

McNeese75
October 9th, 2015, 09:14 AM
xrolleyesx The prostitute Bus????? xeyebrowx

Missingnumber7
October 9th, 2015, 09:34 AM

Ask Louisville.

UNIFanSince1983
October 10th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Is that Mr. Chicken there in the stands? Looks like a guy in a Blue Hen outfit with a UD shirt?

Missingnumber7
October 10th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Is that Mr. Chicken there in the stands? Looks like a guy in a Blue Hen outfit with a UD shirt?

I'm fairly certain that was the Dickinson St Mascot.