PDA

View Full Version : What players on your team do you think have a chance to play in the NFL?

thmst30
December 4th, 2006, 12:52 AM
I'd have to say Marques Murrell will get a shot on a pre-season roster, and if Kevin Richardson keeps it up next year he just may be looked at despite his smaller size. What about your teams?

OldTiredGriz
December 4th, 2006, 03:24 AM
I doubt that any of the UM Grizzly seniors will get drafted, but I think Swogger will get a free agent look and defensive end Mike Murphy might get a free agent invite as well.

chattanoogamocs
December 4th, 2006, 03:45 AM
RB Eldra Buckley (mid to late draftee) and maybe WR Michael Johnson (free agent) from Chattanooga.

BillLuc1982
December 4th, 2006, 07:43 AM
We have five players with the talent, but size is not on any of those players' sides. Those players would be Jewell, TJ Peterson, Mason, C. Jackson, and Perry.

th0m
December 4th, 2006, 07:47 AM
I think Davis and Rascati from JMU have the best chance (from what I've read). Don't if they'll be drafted or signed as a free agent, I'll leave that to the experts.

PapaBear
December 4th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Daren Stone (SS/OLB)
Matt King (DE/OLB)
Mike DeVito (NG/DT)

Possibly Arel Gordon as a KR.

chiapet9
December 4th, 2006, 07:49 AM
I think Davis and Rascati from JMU have the best chance (from what I've read). Don't if they'll be drafted or signed as a free agent, I'll leave that to the experts.

i also think Jordan has a good shot at playing in the pros as well.

SunCoastBlueHen
December 4th, 2006, 07:53 AM
For the Hens -

TE Ben Patrick is said to have a chance at being a first day selection depending on how well he does at the combines.

CSUBUCDAD
December 4th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Collin Drafts could be a late round pickup this year. If not, then definately a free agent somewhere. Next year Maurice Price should get drafted mid rounds.

danefan
December 4th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Andre Coleman - DE. He may actually be a second day draft pick. He's got NFL size. The major question mark is speed. Nothing can mimic the speed of o-lineman in the NFL, especially not NEC football.

appfan2008
December 4th, 2006, 08:34 AM
I can't believe you forgot Kerry Brown at offensive guard!
He is by far ASU's top pro prospect as he will probably go middle rounds in '08!

th0m
December 4th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I thought we were talking 07 draft?

appfan2008
December 4th, 2006, 09:01 AM
the guy who started this thread brought up kevin richardson for asu, he is '08?!?! i figured we could talk about anyone

BEAR
December 4th, 2006, 09:02 AM
UCA has:
81 Aaron Fairooz 6'6" 220 Sr. WR Should go in early rounds. Tall but good.
11 Jacob Ford DE 6-5 252 Sr. Will go in early rounds. Scouts drool.
19 Jasper Johnson DB 6-2 218 Sr. Speed +, second day. Intellegent.
68 Justin Jones OL 6-6 304 Sr. big presence second day or FA. A wall.
------------------------------------------------
On the cuff or FA

24 Ahmad Brown DB 5-10 184 Sr. Great pass defender.
57 Quentin Maxfield LB 6-0 235 Sr. Heard his name so often. Quick.

th0m
December 4th, 2006, 09:05 AM
the guy who started this thread brought up kevin richardson for asu, he is '08?!?! i figured we could talk about anyone

Didn't know that. My bad.

UNH 40
December 4th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Tucker Peterson LG 6'3" 305
David Ball WR 6'1" 200
Corey Graham 6'1" 195

Gil Dobie
December 4th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Of the NDSU Senior's I would say these three have a chance:

RB Kyle Steffes
DL Justin Fricke
DB Craig Dahl

CCU97
December 4th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Tyler Thigpen...QB...6'2 225lbs
Quinton Teal Safety...6'1 193lbs
Jerome Simpson 6'3 190lbs in '08

late round for all but Simpson.

Jackluv
December 4th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Jason Murrieta will get picked up free agency....with his speed and his arm strength 6'1 215 wont be looked at

also id say Chris Hunsaker....6'1 245....lead the nation in TFL at the end of the season as well as 3rd in the nation for sacks..

next year:
Justin Tyler - 6'7 330lb OT
Alex Watson - 5'11 185 WR

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 4th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Tucker Peterson LG 6'3" 305
David Ball WR 6'1" 200
Corey Graham 6'1" 195

Agreed wholeheartedly. Maybe two VT'ers in the NFL (Ball & Peterson). Wouldn't that be one for the ages around the Green Mtn State-- we and all of our 34 football playing schools! And, another (Tucker's brother) from 2005 team playing Arena 1 in Colorado this year. Yahoo!!! Good luck, guys! :rotateh:

Black and Gold Express
December 4th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Montana State's WR Jefferson should make a roster somewhere. Good size and hands, I liked him. Just not as a quarterback...

thmst30
December 4th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I can't believe you forgot Kerry Brown at offensive guard!
He is by far ASU's top pro prospect as he will probably go middle rounds in '08!
Yea I know, but thats a very hard position for a CS player to get drafted from. Hopefully he will be.

USDFAN_55
December 4th, 2006, 01:27 PM
This year no one..... next year QB Josh Johnson and maybe, big maybe, DE Eric Bahktiari.

dukepride
December 4th, 2006, 02:25 PM
i would also think winston has a shot for jmu. he has the size ans speed that teams will like. i think he will be a huge sleeper.

DavisAggie
December 4th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Elliot Vallejo, OL, 6-7, 315
All-Great West Football Conference First Team

th0m
December 4th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Winston is a stud, but his injuries may leave him out of it.

wapiti
December 4th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Montana State's WR Jefferson should make a roster somewhere. Good size and hands, I liked him. Just not as a quarterback...

and Ryan Force, a defensive linebacker, will probably get some tryouts from several NFL teams.

yosef1969
December 4th, 2006, 03:19 PM
For ASU

Likely Drafted:
Marques Murrell
Kerry Brown

Free agent shots:
Corey Lynch
Jeremy Wiggins
William Mayfield (could convert to TE IMO)

SpreadtheRed
December 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM
For the Redbirds:
Early rounds of Draft - Laurent Robinson (WR)
Maybe free agent - Luke Drone (QB)[but not likely]
and Cameron Siskowic (LB)[will most likely be moved around from outside to inside, and back and forth, until an NFL fit is found]

Cocky
December 4th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Clay Green RB
LaMarcus Rowell OLB
Craig Agee CB
Kenny Brown S

Will get looks but will not likely be drafted. The first three have a better than average chance of making at least a practice squad.

usdtoreros
December 4th, 2006, 05:52 PM
This year no one..... next year QB Josh Johnson and maybe, big maybe, DE Eric Bahktiari.

According to Dave Adolph, Bakhtiari is good enough to play on Sundays.

stuperman17
December 4th, 2006, 11:40 PM
I think TJ Peterson has a very small chance. He's shown flashes of brilliance but has been a nonfactor most of the year.

Marcus Mason has a chance to get signed as a undrafted FA. Maybe a late 7th round pick though. His size hurts him.

In the future, junior James Terry has a pretty good shot. He's won 1st team all Gateway Conference the last 2 seasons, which were his sophomore and junior seasons. Junior season isn't done yet though.

Myke Savage also has a very good chance i think. He's only a sophomore and has been one of the best defensive players in the Gateway. Made all 1st team gateway this season at a young age.

Oh, almost forgot...Our punter has a chance. Joe Bishop also got 1st team all conference and is looking to go to some tryouts and such. He's a great punter with a lot of hang time.

Lastly, Louis Irizzarry (mispelled?) who is a junior...He's a big, athletic TE. Has all the physical attributes to be a good NFL player, but needs to focus more. 6'5" TE with i believe a 36" verticle jump. He jumped over a ISU player last saturday during the game. He went to Ohio State, could have gone to Miami as well but chose OSU the year both teams played in the NC. Transferred cause of problems off the field. Did some jail time which might hurt his resume' a little lol...but he's a great talent, just needs to focus more on making the easy catches. Seems to make amazing catches and drop easy ones.

smallcollegefbfan
December 5th, 2006, 06:54 AM

I don't think Davis should get drafted. He just has not had as good of a year this year.

Your best is Tony LeZotte. He has the potential to be a mid round pick or higher.

smallcollegefbfan
December 5th, 2006, 06:55 AM
According to Dave Adolph, Bakhtiari is good enough to play on Sundays.

I think both of them will get a shot with Johnson getting drafted.

What about your WR Doyle? I know he does not test very fast but he plays at a pretty good speed and has the size.

smallcollegefbfan
December 5th, 2006, 06:56 AM
I'd have to say Marques Murrell will get a shot on a pre-season roster, and if Kevin Richardson keeps it up next year he just may be looked at despite his smaller size. What about your teams?

Kerry Brown probably has the most upside of anyone else on the team. With his size and reported strength. He won the Jacobs trophy over several seniors who were worthy. Says a lot when coaches vote a junior over potentially worthy seniors.

smallcollegefbfan
December 5th, 2006, 06:57 AM
RB Eldra Buckley (mid to late draftee) and maybe WR Michael Johnson (free agent) from Chattanooga.

You don't think Justin Matherson gets a shot?

What about Quintez Smith next year? He had 4 INTs this year and he has the size/speed combo.

smallcollegefbfan
December 5th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Jason Murrieta will get picked up free agency....with his speed and his arm strength 6'1 215 wont be looked at

also id say Chris Hunsaker....6'1 245....lead the nation in TFL at the end of the season as well as 3rd in the nation for sacks..

next year:
Justin Tyler - 6'7 330lb OT
Alex Watson - 5'11 185 WR

What happened to Kory Mahr and Kevin Gerard? I think I saw Gerard got hurt. What was his injury? Mahr is not on the roster anymore but he had the size and had 9 TDs in '05. Where did he transfer to?