PDA

View Full Version : SDSU - NDSU

goyotes
September 28th, 2015, 09:09 PM
I don't care who wins.

Only starting this thread in hopes that all the juvenile banter on the MFVC 2015 Edition thread can find a new home.

CappinHard
September 28th, 2015, 09:28 PM
5dimes has spoken. The spread opened with NDSU as 5 point favorites. Interesting. Honestly, I think it will get bet up to closer to a touchdown. I think it should only be down around a field goal though.

344Johnson
September 28th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Should be pretty competitive. I think NDSU will win by 7-10 points.

dewey
September 28th, 2015, 09:37 PM
I thought I saw that Sargarin showed that SDSU was slightly over a 1 point t favorite. I am looking forward to being at this game.

Who else is going?

Dewey

F'N Hawks
September 28th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Line opened at NDSU -3 and O/U 60. Quickly moved to -5 and 58.

mmiller_34
September 28th, 2015, 09:42 PM
I hope for a good game with no letdown on either side. Close, exciting, with SDSU coming out on top.

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2015, 09:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWLKhfLkp9c

Bisonator
September 28th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Game will come down to 2 things. Can NDSU keep Wieneke in check and can SDSU stop NDSU's run game.

CappinHard
September 28th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Line opened at NDSU -3 and O/U 60. Quickly moved to -5 and 58.

Back down to -4 already.

Bisonoline
September 28th, 2015, 11:40 PM
Games a toss up IMO.

SUPharmacist
September 29th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Super excited for the start of conference play. No idea what to expect out of this game, but it should be great.

BisonBacker
September 29th, 2015, 10:28 AM
I suspect like usual whoever has the most points will win. ;)NDSU

IBleedYellow
September 29th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Games a toss up IMO.

Exactly.

I have no idea who will win, but whichever team does will most likely be the #1 team in a lot of polls throughout the country.

unigriff
September 29th, 2015, 10:37 AM
SDSU by 4.

Daytripper
September 29th, 2015, 10:40 AM
I have to believe this is the best chance in while for SDSU to finally slay the beast.

tomq04
September 29th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Go Rabbits!

Twentysix
September 29th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Can't wait for Saturday.

RabidRabbit
September 29th, 2015, 10:46 AM
I thought I saw that Sargarin showed that SDSU was slightly over a 1 point t favorite. I am looking forward to being at this game.

Who else is going?

Dewey

This RabidRabbit is coming up from Jambalaya Swamps to cheer on Rabbits in their last year in CAS, wildly transformed CAS. Looking forward to lots of Cubby's and Tailgating Banter.

Agree that this is shaping up to be an amazing game, between what may be the best two teams in FCS (Massey thinks so). ZZ and company couldn't beat dem Bison, despite 6 tries, hope to break that win streak this game.

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2015, 11:36 AM
A few things I find very interesting about the video game numbers Jake Wieneke is putting up so far. One is he has more receiving yards this year (528) than SDSU's opponents as a whole do (477). That's just incredible. The other thing is he has 26 catches for 528 yards and 6 TDs on the year and the rest of the team has 36 catches for 551 yards and 3 TDs. SDSU's second leading WR has 6 catches.

I think NDSU is going to make another SDSU receiver step up. If Wieneke is able to get big yards against the NDSU defense I think there's going to be some INTs sprinkled in there that will negate that effect because NDSU will be paying so much attention to him and if Lujan forces it to him he's going to get burned a time or two.

dewey
September 29th, 2015, 11:48 AM
A few things I find very interesting about the video game numbers Jake Wieneke is putting up so far. One is he has more receiving yards this year (528) than SDSU's opponents as a whole do (477). That's just incredible. The other thing is he has 26 catches for 528 yards and 6 TDs on the year and the rest of the team has 36 catches for 551 yards and 3 TDs. SDSU's second leading WR has 6 catches.

I think NDSU is going to make another SDSU receiver step up. If Wieneke is able to get big yards against the NDSU defense I think there's going to be some INTs sprinkled in there that will negate that effect because NDSU will be paying so much attention to him and if Lujan forces it to him he's going to get burned a time or two.

Here are a couple of interesting aspects of the game to me.
1. Will NDSU try to cover Weineke with CJ Smith 1 on 1 or provide safety help over the top like a traditional cover 2 scheme.
2. With DeLuca, Tanguay and Schaetz IMHO SDSU will have a tough time getting yards up the middle against NDSU. If NDSU can handle the run game with the front 7 and keep the safeties back to help with Weineke that has got to be a huge plus.
3. Can CJ Smith not get called for pass interference against the SDSU WR's like he did last year in the playoffs?
4. Can Chase Morlock score on the shotgun/inverted wishbone NDSU has been using this year. The play where Morlock lines up as one of the outside RB's and then NDSU play actions to the deep back and Wentz then finds Morlock out of the backfield. The good thing is that they used that play against MT with Morlock as a TE and against UN_ he was lined up in the backfield as a FB...I don't recall the formation against Weber State. Hopefully Polasek is planning a counter to that play with the TE on a seam/post route or a backside WR fly route. I would imagine that SDSU is preparing on how to handle that formation but will they overlook the other WR's/TE's/FB's or RB's?
5. Does SDSU blitz like UN_ did to try and get to Wetnz? The susies had good success early on with the blitz and getting to Wentz.

I am super excited for this game.

Dewey

September 29th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Game will come down to 2 things. Can NDSU keep Wieneke in check and can SDSU stop NDSU's run game.

It will come down to can NDSU significantly improve their special teams play. If they do not it will be a loss.

i_got_a_fever
September 29th, 2015, 12:18 PM
I guess I'll get it out of the way...yes the cows are out grazing on the pasture in preparation for the game. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/29/0a53ec0c95788f130222b02a8e3f5cbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
September 29th, 2015, 12:23 PM
I guess I'll get it out of the way...yes the cows are out grazing on the pasture in preparation for the game. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/29/0a53ec0c95788f130222b02a8e3f5cbf.jpg

SOMEONE F-ING REP THIS MAN

Cause I'm on my phone and can't at the moment........

BisonTru
September 29th, 2015, 12:25 PM
1. Will NDSU try to cover Weineke with CJ Smith 1 on 1 or provide safety help over the top like a traditional cover 2 scheme.
2. With DeLuca, Tanguay and Schaetz IMHO SDSU will have a tough time getting yards up the middle against NDSU. If NDSU can handle the run game with the front 7 and keep the safeties back to help with Weineke that has got to be a huge plus.
3. Can CJ Smith not get called for pass interference against the SDSU WR's like he did last year in the playoffs?
4. Can Chase Morlock score on the shotgun/inverted wishbone NDSU has been using this year. The play where Morlock lines up as one of the outside RB's and then NDSU play actions to the deep back and Wentz then finds Morlock out of the backfield. The good thing is that they used that play against MT with Morlock as a TE and against UN_ he was lined up in the backfield as a FB...I don't recall the formation against Weber State. Hopefully Polasek is planning a counter to that play with the TE on a seam/post route or a backside WR fly route. I would imagine that SDSU is preparing on how to handle that formation but will they overlook the other WR's/TE's/FB's or RB's?
5. Does SDSU blitz like UN_ did to try and get to Wetnz? The susies had good success early on with the blitz and getting to Wentz.

Dewey

I think CJ is going to need help with Weineke, but it won't be every play. NDSU will want to switch it up, hopefully we can hold our pre-snap looks and the Jacks run it when CJ is one-on-one and pass it when he has help over the top. For those of you going, be loud.

As far as Morlock, I just hope he plays. Sounds like he was a no-go all week last week. Hopefully he can get healthy this week.

mango43
September 29th, 2015, 12:30 PM
SOMEONE F-ING REP THIS MAN

Cause I'm on my phone and can't at the moment........

Done

CappinHard
September 29th, 2015, 12:36 PM
4. Can Chase Morlock score

Will Chase Morlock play?

jacksfan29
September 29th, 2015, 12:39 PM
If they go one on one expect Wieneke to go off in a way. Think over 200 yards with at least three going for long touchdowns. A 5" height advantage for an athlete like Wieneke will doom Smith one on one. He will be hanging on for dear life, I don't see NDSU doing it. If you go traditional cover 2 he will find the seems and kill you all day on 15 - 20 yard plays, but he won't break a lot of big plays off. The way you stop Wieneke? Don't give Lujan time.

Mengarelli is averaging 6.2 per carry and on track for a 1000 yard season. I'm not sure we try to pound the middle. We will look to the passing game to help open a seams in the 4 and 5 holes. Note, we aren't UND. We do have some offensive weapons.

He will get at least one. You can't adjust for the height disadvantage without doing some grabbing. See #1. If he gets isolated on Wieneke expect Smith to have a challenging day.

We've seen the formation. Just as you have seen the Wildcat. There aren't a lot of surprises when these two teams meet.

I'm sure we are going to try and get to Wentz. How successful it will be? Don't know. Wentz can run the ball. We have to be careful to not allow him to break big plays on his feet. We need to make him beat us with his arm, in my mind the lesser of the two evils. He's good, very good. I'm just not overly impressed with your WR crew.

Dewey

BisonFan02
September 29th, 2015, 12:39 PM

When do they plan to calve the 4th one? :D jk

Bison56
September 29th, 2015, 01:27 PM

May I please have another?

BisonBacker
September 29th, 2015, 01:32 PM

You do notice they have a white ring around the midsection similar to these :D

http://www.dutchbelted.com/Hannah%20professional.jpg

jacksfan29
September 29th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Considering the embarrassing girth of most Bison fans (ask the Missoula folks) I'm always amazed that they will make fun of another schools cheerleaders.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 29th, 2015, 03:12 PM
No doubt, Rabbits > Bison in the dance team category!

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 29th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Considering the embarrassing girth of most Bison fans (ask the Missoula folks) I'm always amazed that they will make fun of another schools cheerleaders.
I've been to Brooking's many times, I wouldn't talk about peoples weight if I was you.

BisonBacker
September 29th, 2015, 03:24 PM

South Dakota has the same girth problem in it's women you'd just never know it since SDSU hasn't gotten to the point of being important enough to be seen on any national television sports networks xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
September 29th, 2015, 03:26 PM
No doubt, Rabbits > Bison in the dance team category!

Oh I don't know about that....

http://www.wday.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_860/public/field/image/Screen-Shot-2012-12-03-at-8.45.55-AM-1024x445.png?itok=owwpeYzb

Kemo
September 29th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Oh I don't know about that....

http://www.wday.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_860/public/field/image/Screen-Shot-2012-12-03-at-8.45.55-AM-1024x445.png?itok=owwpeYzb
Is this picture from the '80s?!

centennial
September 29th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Obesity %-
North Dakota- 32.2%
South Dakota- 29.8%
Montana- 26.4%

Considering these numbers no one should be making fun of anyone's girth. Being marginally better or worst doesn't really change the reality of the situation. America is eating itself to death, while people still die of hunger in other parts of the world.

centennial
September 29th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Is this picture from the '80s?!
Here is a picture of the current team-
http://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=70119

Kemo
September 29th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Obesity %-
North Dakota- 32.2%
South Dakota- 29.8%
Montana- 26.4%

Considering these numbers no one should be making fun of anyone's girth. Being marginally better or worst doesn't really change the reality of the situation. America is eating itself to death, while people still die of hunger in other parts of the world.
You are the Sarah McLachlan to my late night comedy shows...

Kemo
September 29th, 2015, 03:42 PM
I've said this before, but I'll say it again.

I never get hung up on what name is on the cheerleaders' uniforms because I'm too busy imagining what they'd look like without them xnodx

PantherRob82
September 29th, 2015, 03:49 PM

By current do you mean, 2012-13? :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2015, 03:49 PM

Coach K said they will disguise coverages. He said they will not stop him but they want to limit his production.

Effective pass rush is a must for NDSU. Get pressure on Lujan and make him make mistakes.

centennial
September 29th, 2015, 03:51 PM
By current do you mean, 2012-13? :D
That's all I could find with a quick google search.

RabidRabbit
September 29th, 2015, 04:02 PM
A big portion of the Jacks success to date is the great pass protection Lujan has enjoyed. If NDSU can get to him successfully, which Kansas or SUU didn't, then it could be rough. Jacks really have many offensive weapons this season, and if SDSU can keep them involved, then Jacks will be successful. On D, Jacks have traditionally been troubled by a mobile QB that can run well, ie a healthy Wentz. Providing solid contain on the QB, but not leave receivers open will be the main challenge for the Jacks. Hopefully, SDSU can be even to ahead on TOP and TO.

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2015, 04:13 PM
At least in North Dakota we can still jerk and drive! xslapfightx

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
September 29th, 2015, 04:54 PM
I predict NDSU has our first great meltdown in years. (not counting Montana as it was close) Young defense looses their minds and Wieneke goes off huge. SDSU by 14 at home. They are really really due and I think they show up big for the game.

mmiller_34
September 29th, 2015, 06:15 PM
I can not believe that statistics on obesity was used as smack on a football forum.

BisonFan02
September 29th, 2015, 06:16 PM
I can not believe that statistics on obesity was used as smack on a football forum.

I can....welcome to Marker week. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2015, 06:17 PM
I predict NDSU has our first great meltdown in years. (not counting Montana as it was close) Young defense looses their minds and Wieneke goes off huge. SDSU by 14 at home. They are really really due and I think they show up big for the game.

You really believe this?

Kemo
September 29th, 2015, 06:20 PM
At least in North Dakota we can still jerk and drive! xslapfightx
Oh, we still can in SD. We are just encouraged not to :)

Thumper 76
September 29th, 2015, 06:36 PM

Oh yes you can. Obesity jokes are 50% of smack.

No_Skill
September 29th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Oh yes you can. Obesity jokes are 50% of smack.

Followed closely by the "where you come from" smack.

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Well, if there was ever a pandemic of flesh eating bacteria us Bison fans would live the longest!

mmiller_34
September 29th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Our corn is better than your corn too

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 29th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Our corn is better than your corn too

Our dirt is better than your dirt.

Kemo
September 29th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Our dirt is better than your dirt.
Which says something about your ability to grow corn!

Thumper 76
September 29th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Best. Smack. Ever.

Jackal
September 29th, 2015, 08:40 PM
After reviewing the UND tailgate pics. on Bisonville, I would suggest more salad(actually any salad) and light beer.

Bisonator
September 29th, 2015, 08:45 PM
SDSU's trophy case:http://www.trophysareus.com/gallery/trophy-case-chalngr.jpg

gumby013
September 29th, 2015, 08:47 PM
light beer

http://i.imgur.com/tAWdVqW.jpg

BisonFan02
September 29th, 2015, 08:50 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/68e8c436557b36a8ebbd48b700b55ef3980cb7f9/c=115-0-1885-1331&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/SiouxFalls/SiouxFalls/2014/11/22/635522840020170009-1122-Pillow-Fight-3539.jpg

Brookings....Super 8....Joey Fatone....Pillow Fight....Jackrabbit Football

and we have a good SDSU BINGO!

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2015, 08:51 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bGrx8hrDzoI/Ts8S13QIirI/AAAAAAAAAyI/n4UkxjOPKw0/s1600/CFBMapIII.png

http://i.imgur.com/CneF2Yb.jpg

It's science... errr actually Geography.

BisonFan02
September 29th, 2015, 08:59 PM
DISCLAIMER: Let's be honest here...other than 1 week a year (sometimes two), I like our neighbors to the south. NDSU/SDSU are the best of the Dakotas and actually had the balls to make the move to DI together. Any smack thrown towards SDSU is all in good fun and I'll always be one of the first to poke fun at ourselves back/take it in stride. I like this rivalry a lot better than a certain other one...

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 29th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Which says something about your ability to grow corn!

We have a shorter growing season.

dewey
September 29th, 2015, 09:02 PM
DISCLAIMER: Let's be honest here...other than 1 week a year (sometimes two), I like our neighbors to the south. NDSU/SDSU are the best of the Dakotas and actually had the balls to make the move to DI together. Any smack thrown towards SDSU is all in good fun and I'll always be one of the first to poke fun at ourselves back/take it in stride. I like this rivalry a lot better than a certain other one...

Amen brother.

I am looking forward to getting some more of that SDSU ice cream. I need to keep my girlish figurexthumbsupx

Dewey

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2015, 09:04 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/rt4a0.jpg

mmiller_34
September 29th, 2015, 09:04 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/68e8c436557b36a8ebbd48b700b55ef3980cb7f9/c=115-0-1885-1331&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/SiouxFalls/SiouxFalls/2014/11/22/635522840020170009-1122-Pillow-Fight-3539.jpg

Brookings....Super 8....Joey Fatone....Pillow Fight....Jackrabbit Football

and we have a good SDSU BINGO!

Oh jeez. Please no.

http://youtu.be/xoXXb6RnhRE

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 29th, 2015, 09:07 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bGrx8hrDzoI/Ts8S13QIirI/AAAAAAAAAyI/n4UkxjOPKw0/s1600/CFBMapIII.png

http://i.imgur.com/CneF2Yb.jpg

It's science... errr actually Geography.

Funny story.... We were in Watertown, SD(Only 50 miles from Brooking's), my wife found more Bison shirts there then in Fargo. There were only 4 total Jackrabbit shirts in all the stores. We asked someone about it, and they said they don't sell any Jackrabbit shirts, but sell a bunch of BISON shirts.

Bisonator
September 29th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Normal Jackrabbit: http://www.astronomy-images.com/day-images/California/Marin-Sonoma/rabbit-3D.KI8Q4605.jpg

Jackrabbit with ED: http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics21/640/PD/PDEMWAYCDURATTN.20090106205333.jpg

mmiller_34
September 29th, 2015, 09:09 PM

Likewise

mmiller_34
September 29th, 2015, 09:17 PM
We have a shorter growing season.

no excuses.

http://youtu.be/hPTcLZi7oH4

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2015, 09:31 PM
I feel bad for you Jacks fans so here's something to get your creative juices flowing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb9MzVOmueo

http://whotv.com/2014/08/26/soundoff-whats-bugging-andy-12/

http://whotv.com/2014/08/31/whats-bugging-andy-bison-beat-iowa-state/

http://whotv.com/2014/11/10/ndsu-and-bison-fans-are-bugging-andy/

http://whotv.com/2015/01/19/north-dakota-state-bison-fans-deserve-to-hear-this-because-they-probably-cant-read/

dewey
September 29th, 2015, 10:00 PM
I feel bad for you Jacks fans so here's something to get your creative juices flowing...

http://whotv.com/2015/01/19/north-dakota-state-bison-fans-deserve-to-hear-this-because-they-probably-cant-read/

Oh the K State mask guy! I almost forgot about him. The "what's bugging Andy" bit I thought was pretty dang funny but boy did it get some people riled up.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Oh the K State mask guy! I almost forgot about him. The "what's bugging Andy" bit I thought was pretty dang funny but boy did it get some people riled up.

Dewey
I thought Andy's stuff was hilarious. I especially liked the last one where he gave (subliminal) praise on the 4th FCS title. I hope he's still around for the 2016 game against Iowa (or maybe even the UNI game this year) to do a reprisal. He sure seems to take every chance he can get to rant about the Bison.

Kemo
September 29th, 2015, 10:38 PM

I think that map is wrong and I'd like to start a petition to change it!

Know anyone who could help me circulate them? xwhistlex

BisonFan02
September 29th, 2015, 10:43 PM
I think that map is wrong and I'd like to start a petition to change it!

Know anyone who could help me circulate them? xwhistlex

How about all of those guys who test flushed the urinals at your new stadium? Surely they must be done by now... xlolx

Twentysix
September 29th, 2015, 11:00 PM

Haha those were all great.

JimmyJack
September 30th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Excellent smack all the way around. My big concerns Saturday? 1) Wentz's running ability. The guy is a freak of nature. Large and fast and pretty shifty, too. 2) SDSU's run defense which has been less than stellar this year. I think the Jacks can score on anybody. Can they stop NDSU's grinding offensive machine for four quarters? Wish I could be there. Record Coughlin-Alumni Stadium crowd of > 17,000 (I'm told it'll be about 14,500 in blue and 2,500 in green although NDSU fans will claim the inverse). Winner will be #1 in the polls (I would guess) and will have a leg up in MVFC title chase. The Bison are the best until somebody knocks them off in conference play. Two weeks ago, I was super confident. Then the Jacks sleep-walked through the RMU win. I can't imagine they would come out groggy again in front of a big crowd. Does college football get any better than this?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2015, 09:04 AM
I think the Bison will be able to run on the Jacks. CW's ability to run will be huge in this game.

Should be a very good game.

KUlawJack
September 30th, 2015, 09:20 AM
I've seen some pointing to the RMU game as a reason why the Jacks are soft against the run. True, the defense gave up 228 yards to RMU. However, 108 of that came on two separate 54 yard runs. One was when the backups were in late in the 4th quarter with 3 minutes to go in the game with the game well in hand. In between the first 54 yard run, which occurred in the second quarter, and the 2nd, which occurred very late in the game, SDSU held RMU to 6 or 7 straight 3 and outs or something and picked off a pass. We've been told the first long run was due to a bad play call on defense. I'm still confident our run defense will provide a challenge to NDSU. It won't roll over. I'm most concerned with Wentz hurting us with his feet like he did last year and his predecessor did two years prior. If we can't contain that and he picks up long runs for first downs when our defense is trying to get off field, we will struggle.

To that end, SDSU has held opponents to 10/42 on 3rd down. SDSU offense is 25/48 on 3rd down. Another huge key.

mvemjsunpx
September 30th, 2015, 09:40 AM

There are 6 FCS teams on that map. Can you name them all? xrotatehx

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2015, 09:59 AM
You sure it's not only 4? There are some recent FCS teams on there but current FCS teams I only count 4.

Mayville Bison
September 30th, 2015, 10:00 AM

NDSU
Montana
Montana State
Illinois State
Deleware
UND (you just can't see their logo)

BisonTru
September 30th, 2015, 10:01 AM
You sure it's not only 4? There are some recent FCS teams on there but current FCS teams I only count 4.

I'm looking on my phone so hard to see.

NDSU, UM, MSU, UD, Georgetown?, Jax St.

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2015, 10:06 AM
I'm looking on my phone so hard to see.

NDSU, UM, MSU, UD, Georgetown?, Jax St.
Ah, I bet that tiny speck above the Auburn A is JSU. Good catch! That little speck by the DC area had me confused too. I don't think it's Georgetown but not sure who it really is supposed to be.

EDIT: Pretty sure that speck by DC is Navy, they're just using a different logo for them that what I was used to.

iowastatebison
September 30th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Ah, I bet that tiny speck above the Auburn A is JSU. Good catch! That little speck by the DC area had me confused too. I don't think it's Georgetown but not sure who it really is supposed to be.

The speck by DC looks like Old Dominion to me.

BisonTru
September 30th, 2015, 10:20 AM
The speck by DC looks like Old Dominion to me.

You're correct.

I think the last one is Jackson St. Impossible to identify their logo.

NDSU, UM, MSU, UD, Jax St., and Jackson St.

Bison56
September 30th, 2015, 10:23 AM
NDSU
Montana
Montana State
Illinois State
Deleware
UND (you just can't see their logo)

Illinois State? I must be blind.

BisonBacker
September 30th, 2015, 10:25 AM

I thought it was SIU. As far as und I don't see them on the map (seriously).

Edit,
Scratch the SIU I thought I saw my bad. It's not their logo I saw.

BisonTru
September 30th, 2015, 10:35 AM

I think he was looking at Ball St. Similar logos, but Illinois St. isn't located in Indiana. I'm pretty sure.

CappinHard
September 30th, 2015, 10:45 AM

These maps are sketchy at best, who knows what the data behind them is. There are all kinds of them on the internet, pick whichever one you want. Obviously you would pick the only one that paints SD green and yellow. :P

ST_Lawson
September 30th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Yea, there's no Illinois State on there. Illinois has U of I on most of it, Northwestern in Chicago, and Northern Illinois as just the logo.
If you're looking at Indiana, then you've got Notre Dame, Purdue, Indiana University, with a little Ball State logo on the east side.

I see Montana, Montana State, NDSU, Delaware, and (didn't see until others mentioned it) Jacksonville State, and that sliver of white in MS is in the right place to be Jackson State at least.

THE HERD
September 30th, 2015, 11:08 AM
It will come down to can NDSU significantly improve their special teams play. If they do not it will be a loss.

Bingo! If we have a special teams performance like last game we will lose.

gotts
September 30th, 2015, 11:14 AM

Kansas
Wyoming
Idaho
New Mexico State
Western Michigan
6. ?

BisonBacker
September 30th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Kansas
Wyoming
Idaho
New Mexico State
Western Michigan
6. ?

LOL

RabidRabbit
September 30th, 2015, 12:54 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/rt4a0.jpg

Pork Classic is saved for Basketball. 49th Beef bowl with auctioned steer was last weekend. This Saturday we be grilling Bizun.

Missingnumber7
September 30th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Isn't that Sam Houston under the Texas logo?

Bison56
September 30th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Isn't that Sam Houston under the Texas logo?

I think that is UTSA.

Darlinikki150
September 30th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Bingo! If we have a special teams performance like last game we will lose.

In total agreement. Really interested in how our Defense will perform and the Offense line, get King some yardage right away and it just might be the break we need to stomp on the gas. It's gonna be a wild one!

deez_na
September 30th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Pork Classic is saved for Basketball. 49th Beef bowl with auctioned steer was last weekend. This Saturday we be grilling Bizun.
xchinscratchx

gumby013
September 30th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Kansas
Wyoming
Idaho
New Mexico State
Western Michigan
6. ?

6 is Eastern Michigan.

Hammerhead
September 30th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Back to the game -- I'm looking forward to a great matchup to kick off the conference schedule. I haven't seen SDSU this year so I don't even want to make a prediction.

Mayville Bison
September 30th, 2015, 01:42 PM
I think he was looking at Ball St. Similar logos, but Illinois St. isn't located in Indiana. I'm pretty sure.

This - completely forgot about Ball State.

UND was a joke with the whole not having a nickname thing, they aren't on the map.

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 30th, 2015, 04:52 PM
http://kfgo.com/blogs/ndsu-bison/983/crossing-borders/

jacksfan29
September 30th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Or maybe there are just fewer D1 recruits in ND? I only count 17 kids from ND on your roster, 9 on UND's. There are 27 SD kids on SDSU's roster, 14 on USD's. We also have a few kids every year who go P5. How many of those does ND have?

That said, there are a number of those SD recruits who went to NDSU we should have had. FYI, The two kids from Warner I don't recognize. I'm not sure we recruited them.

http://kfgo.com/blogs/ndsu-bison/983/crossing-borders/

mvemjsunpx
September 30th, 2015, 06:26 PM
You're correct.

I think the last one is Jackson St. Impossible to identify their logo.

NDSU, UM, MSU, UD, Jax St., and Jackson St.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!

Correct xnodx

mvemjsunpx
September 30th, 2015, 06:27 PM
These maps are sketchy at best, who knows what the data behind them is. There are all kinds of them on the internet, pick whichever one you want. Obviously you would pick the only one that paints SD green and yellow. :P

I have no idea if any science was behind it at all. I just thought it was kinda fun to pick them out, especially with how a couple were nearly unidentifiable.

Hammerhead
September 30th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Not many Nodakers go to P5 schools. Minnesota only has one on their roster this year.

Or maybe there are just fewer D1 recruits in ND? I only count 17 kids from ND on your roster, 9 on UND's. There are 27 SD kids on SDSU's roster, 14 on USD's. We also have a few kids every year who go P5. How many of those does ND have?

That said, there are a number of those SD recruits who went to NDSU we should have had. FYI, The two kids from Warner I don't recognize. I'm not sure we recruited them.

SportsLover
September 30th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Not many Nodakers go to P5 schools. Minnesota only has one on their roster this year.

I can only think of one, who plays for Missouri.

BisonTru
September 30th, 2015, 09:54 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21399&stc=1

Neither state produces many.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/2/20/5409336/college-football-recruiting-map-regions

Twentysix
September 30th, 2015, 10:42 PM

From ND and on this map:
Brent Qvale OT 2009 Nebraska
Dustin Adams OG 2012 Northern Illinois
Greg Eslinger OL ?? Minnesota
Brandon Bjerk DE ?? Michigan State
Connor McGovern OG 2011 Missouri

From Wahpeton:
Derek Earls OLB 2010 Arizona
John West S 2006 Arkansas
Matt Williams OT 2011 California
Derek Butcher DT 2013 FAU
Jerrell McGee S 2009 FIU
Jacob Fahrenkrug OG 2001 FSU
Cecil Doe WR 2011 Hawaii
Jon Capsers OT 2010 Iowa State
Jason Carlson WR 2008 Iowa State
Bobby Jones DE 2005 Michigan State
Jarret Crittenton DE 2009 Middle Tennessee
Justin Brown CB 2006 Missouri
Ricky Henry OG 2008 Nebraska
Bryson Johnson DT 2014 South Alabama
Claude Garret WR 2014 South Alabama
Colby Kratch TE 2011 Toledo

Twentysix
September 30th, 2015, 10:51 PM
I never realized how much of an FBS hotbed Wahpeton is... doh its probably reporting people from the CC

Missingnumber7
October 1st, 2015, 08:13 AM
doh its probably reporting people from the CC

Yup that is what it is.

I was supprised how much FBS talent went through NDSCS an dhow many kids were encouraged to go there to get their grades up.

Theee Catrabbit
October 1st, 2015, 08:24 AM
1. Will NDSU try to cover Weineke with CJ Smith 1 on 1

Dewey

Please do this.......

Bison56
October 1st, 2015, 10:02 AM

Johanason (spelling) from Fargo South went to the U of M, at least that's what I remember.

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2015, 12:39 PM
Kid from Sioux Falls is goin to Ohio State i hear

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 1st, 2015, 04:10 PM
It is going to be warmer in Fargo than Brookings on Saturday.

X-Factor
October 1st, 2015, 08:56 PM
Please do this.......
I know that Weineke is probably much better at route running, but i do remember similar cockiness from Cal Poly fans with Ramses Bardon circa 05/06. He was having 200+ games like Weineke. I believe we ended up doubling him at the dome and he was quiet all night. Mustangs had just a handful of first downs en route to a big blowout. Point is, even the best players can get shut down at times by a good defense that schemes for it out of respect for the opposing player. Bad defenses can't stop em no matter what they do.

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2015, 09:22 PM
I know that Weineke is probably much better at route running, but i do remember similar cockiness from Cal Poly fans with Ramses Bardon circa 05/06. He was having 200+ games like Weineke. I believe we ended up doubling him at the dome and he was quiet all night. Mustangs had just a handful of first downs en route to a big blowout. Point is, even the best players can get shut down at times by a good defense that schemes for it out of respect for the opposing player. Bad defenses can't stop em no matter what they do.

I don't think it's covering him that stops him. It's more pressuring Lujan so he doesn't have time to find him that's more important.

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2015, 09:33 PM
https://youtu.be/1s3N4CCpzss

Little preview and recap of the game last week from the SDSU side.

CappinHard
October 1st, 2015, 11:11 PM
The spread is down to 3 now. Interesting. I thought it would climb, not fall.

Drblankstare
October 2nd, 2015, 12:23 AM
After last years playoff game, I'm almost convinced that the Jacks could be up by 50 with 2 secs left and an asteroid would hit the stadium before SDSU could win.

If the asteroid thing doesn't happen and the Jacks D can hold the Bison O under 30. I like their chances.

mgbison
October 2nd, 2015, 01:43 AM
Weinke is a good player, but their other receivers are blah. Obviously, the only guy they throw to is Weinke (look at receiving stats for the year). If SDSU targets Weinke that much, our defense is gonna a have a field day. SDSU has to spread the ball out to other receivers, if they don't NDSU rolls. CJ will do just fine covering Weinke, he's been covering #1 receivers for almost 3 years now.

Like every other time we play SDSU, NDSU will win because we will own both lines of scrimmages. Our d-line and o-line are superior. It's where the game is won and lost. It'll be low scoring until the fourth quarter, and we'll then start busting out long runs/throws cause their defense will be gassed.

Final note, CAS can't get rid of that grass field soon enough. It looks terrible on TV, most high schools have a better playing surface.

IBleedYellow
October 2nd, 2015, 01:55 AM
Comes down to who owns the line.

Nothing flashy. NDSU was able to shutdown Zenner for all of the games minus the last one... While it's different players, it's the same schemes. Here's hoping the young guys learned.

Let's go Bison!

CappinHard
October 2nd, 2015, 09:03 AM
Line is down to 2 this morning. People must think it's SDSU's year.

gotts
October 2nd, 2015, 11:02 AM

"They're due"

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2015, 11:52 AM
Sagarin would have SDSU favored by a point or two if NDSU wasn't coming off a bye. I think most gambling folks would label this one a pick em.

UNIFanSince1983
October 2nd, 2015, 12:43 PM

Massey has NDSU by 3.

Winterborn
October 2nd, 2015, 12:51 PM
All I know is that it is going to be a very interesting game. I think it will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes. Going down with some friends (more Bison fans) and hope that I do not have to eat too much crow from my cousin, an SDSU Alum, afterwards. :D Looking forward to my first game in Brookings!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 07:03 AM
Bison 31-17

Late 4th quarter TD makes it a 2 score game.

ValleyTalk
October 3rd, 2015, 08:10 AM
Bugs Bunny 24
Bison 20

Prime Power
October 3rd, 2015, 08:51 AM
I got it 31-23 _ _ SU

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 08:57 AM
I'll take NDSU 35-24. This is a great matchup....

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 10:16 AM
The final score will be 7-6 if all this rain hits Brookings.

CappinHard
October 3rd, 2015, 11:00 AM

The forecast shows absolutely no rain for Brookings today. Should be a nice cool fall evening under the bright lights at Coughlin.

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 11:09 AM
The forecast shows absolutely no rain for Brookings today. Should be a nice cool fall evening under the bright lights at Coughlin.

Apparently they anticipate it falling apart over the next 8 hours.

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 3rd, 2015, 11:29 AM

Weather for Brookings........

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently they anticipate it falling apart over the next 8 hours.

No sign or rain at all.

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 12:04 PM
Weather for Brookings........

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.

- - - Updated - - -

No sign or rain at all.
Forecasts are wrong all the time. I choose to use radar. It appears to primarily be rotating, but would hit Brookings before gametime. According to the futurecast they appear to think it will fall apart before then. They could be wrong though. ;)
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21407&stc=1

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 3rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
Forecasts are wrong all the time. I choose to use radar. It appears to primarily be rotating, but would hit Brookings before gametime. According to the futurecast they appear to think it will fall apart before then. They could be wrong though. ;)
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21407&stc=1
Dry air streaming in from the east will keep it dry. Huge dry pocket blocking the rain.

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 3rd, 2015, 12:20 PM
https://www.facebook.com/NWSAberdeen/photos/a.420987244650151.97134.111084992307046/920849661330571/?type=3&theater

CappinHard
October 3rd, 2015, 12:42 PM
We're ready to go with 100 Blue and Yellow Jello Shots (well, there were 100 last night)... Blue curacao in the blues, and Malibu in the yellows... Let's go jacks!

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac299/benpierson/Jacks%20Shots_zpsxfo5s9yf.jpg (http://s909.photobucket.com/user/benpierson/media/Jacks%20Shots_zpsxfo5s9yf.jpg.html)

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 12:43 PM
We're ready to go with 100 Blue and Yellow Jello Shots (well, there were 100 last night)... Blue curacao in the blues, and Malibu in the yellows... Let's go jacks!

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac299/benpierson/Jacks%20Shots_zpsxfo5s9yf.jpg (http://s909.photobucket.com/user/benpierson/media/Jacks%20Shots_zpsxfo5s9yf.jpg.html)
Yum

Thumper 76
October 3rd, 2015, 12:51 PM
SDSU has announced that 17,348 tickets have been sold for the game today. Prolly 50,000 to bison fans, while the only Jacks fan attending will be Coach Stigs wife....

BisonTru
October 3rd, 2015, 12:54 PM

Blue curaçao and Malibu... You guys be careful!

citdog
October 3rd, 2015, 01:31 PM
SDSU has announced that 17,348 tickets have been sold for the game today. Prolly 50,000 to bison fans, while the only Jacks fan attending will be Coach Stigs wife....

Funny stuff

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2015, 02:17 PM

She hawked it to a Bison fan.;)

X-Factor
October 3rd, 2015, 05:05 PM

Getting ready to drink away your sorrows I see

Drblankstare
October 3rd, 2015, 05:45 PM
The Bison pre game show on kvly is the most unwatchable garbage. Please, let wday find a way to get the coverage for NDSU soon.

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 3rd, 2015, 05:52 PM
The Bison pre game show on kvly is the most unwatchable garbage. Please, let wday find a way to get the coverage for NDSU soon.
WDAY SUCKS DONKEY ****!!!!!

Drblankstare
October 3rd, 2015, 05:54 PM
WDAY SUCKS DONKEY ****!!!!!

It cannot be worse than this.

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 3rd, 2015, 06:16 PM
It cannot be worse than this.
Much worse. Little smart ass midgets trying to tell everybody else that they are right.

I can't believe Valley News live changed everything from last year.