PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 5

carney2
September 26th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Word is that a couple Patriot League ADs have added College of Faith to their speed dial.

Friday, 10/2
COLGATE @ Cornell
GEORGETOWN @ Harvard

Saturday, 10/3
Yale @ LEHIGH
Albany @ HOLY CROSS
BUCKNELL @ VMI
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

GAME OF THE WEEK: Nothing’s tugging at my heart strings here. Give us your thoughts.

OOC:
Total: 11-13
vs. AAC: 0-1
vs. Big South: 2-0
vs. CAA: 0-6
vs. FBS Independent: 1-0
vs. Ivy: 4-4
vs. NEC: 2-2
vs. Pioneer: 2-0

BucBisonAtLarge
September 26th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Colgate- Cornell is a handful, but the 'gaters got this one.
Harvard- Go Hoya.
Yale
Albany- HC, show me.
VMI- VMI has been playing tough and the Bison have lacked anything resembling mojo on offense. I hope that I am wrong.
Fordham- Spot resumes suffering.

ngineer
September 26th, 2015, 11:16 PM
After today's show, gotta go with the rejuvenated Raiders, 31-17

Hoyas will scrap, but the Johnnies will have them swirling by the turd quarter. Crimson, 45-21

Gonna be a homer and go with Lehigh in a 'revenge' game attitude (I can only hope) after last year's debacle that really sent balance of Lehigh's schedule on the down hill. Guys have to know they can score, but how will the D do against the Eli? Forecast calls for 40% showers at the moment. Going with the Brown, 42-31.

After the azz-whuppin' by Colgate, the balance of HC's season could be set by this one. I smell trouble in Worcester. Great Danes 30-21.

VMI seems to be spunkier this year, though record doesn't reflect. Bucknell had a week off and maybe has gotten refocused after some less than stellar play. Bison in a tight one, 31-28.

Laughyette feeling better about themselves now have reality check with the League's premier team. Can the Frankasaurus come up with an epochal scheme to thwart the Rams? I think the Leotards will stretch, but will suffer some big runs by Edmonds. Fordham 38-27.

Ivytalk
September 27th, 2015, 07:35 AM
Colgate in a close one.
Harvard big.
Yale in another shootout.
Albany
VMI
Fordham

bonarae
September 27th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Colgate
Harvard
Yale
Albany
VMI
Fordham

Gangtackle11
September 27th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Friday, 10/2
COLGATE @ Cornell
GEORGETOWN @ Harvard

Saturday, 10/3
Yale @ LEHIGH
Albany @ HOLY CROSS
BUCKNELL @ VMI
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

Last Week: 4-1 Season Record: 19-6

van
September 27th, 2015, 03:31 PM
COLGATE @ Cornell, gate has recent history going for them even though Cornell seems to be improving

GEORGETOWN @ Harvard, Hoyas game but just not enough here

Yale @ LEHIGH, somebody playing with a chip in their shoulders at home this week

Albany @ HOLY CROSS, Danes bite cross

BUCKNELL @ VMI, keydets are improved and something smells like bison chips in Lewisburg

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE, Pards just outmanned this week

18-8 so far this year

carney2
September 27th, 2015, 07:37 PM
COLGATE @ Cornell – Not a believer that Cornell is improving. ‘gate, on the other hand, showed something in Woo.

GEORGETOWN @ Harvard – Should not be a contest even for a few minutes.

Yale @ LEHIGH – An interesting game. Yale is down a notch from last year, but do the ChickenSquawks have enough to make something happen?

Albany @ HOLY CROSS – Not liking the Cross when they have to play more than 45 minutes.

BUCKNELL @ VMI – Bucky’s looking shaky, but this is VMI fer gawdsake.

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE – Rout.

CFBfan
September 27th, 2015, 08:02 PM
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE – Rout.

killable adamantly disagrees with you carney and predicts the pards by 31 points

PAllen
September 27th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Colgate comfortably
Harvard easily
Yale in a shoot out and Andy starts to field uncomfortable questions from alumni
Albany because we're going ofer against the CAA this year
Bucknell by a few
While my head says Fordham in a rout, my gut says Lafayette because this is the PL and LC will win the league with a losing record on a tie breaker.

carney2
September 28th, 2015, 07:47 AM
killable adamantly disagrees with you carney and predicts the pards by 31 points

He has yet to be heard from, buy you're close.

carney2
September 28th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Taking a poll. Where do we stand? I have little to no information on most PL teams, but here's my take at the 1/3 mark in the season:

BUCKNELL: Not quite what we expected with some offensive problems. Will be in the hunt in a mediocre League.

COLGATE: Showing signs of life. Will be a factor.

FORDHAM: Survived graduation day much better than expected. Even one League loss would be headline news.

GEORGETOWN: Will be competitive in most League games. Sgarlata is unlikely to win many trophies, but is quickly gaining respect amongst the knowledgeable.

HOLY CROSS: The muffled beat of a funeral procession just seems to continue in Woo. Some well-heeled alum needs to buy them a clock. The games are 60 minutes long.

LEHIGH: Improved over 2014, but not so much on defense. Will win some League games, but probably not a serious contender for no. 2.

LAFAYETTE: Probably not as bad as it appears. Over-matched and under-manned so far. If enough of the walking wounded return, the Pards could be a force.

Let's hear your take.

Fordham
September 28th, 2015, 08:12 AM
I think you nailed it, carney.

It's really a muddled mess imo where the sands shift quickly in terms of who makes up the positions after us right now. The year started out with Bucknell as the clear peer for title favorites with us (if not ahead based upon returning experience) but they have disappointed thus far and fell back to the middle of the pack, expectations wise. Next up was HC who I thought had turned a corner before laying a total egg this past weekend. After seeing Lehigh over Penn and then what Penn did to 'Nova I was thinking that maybe it was the Engineers turn. Really not sure what to think other than the worst place to be right now seems to be the consensus #2 in the league. The moment that happens it appears your team is destined for a brutal, horrible performance.

I still see every game as being winnable but difficult for us from here on out, including this weekend. Are you getting back many of your injured players?

DFW HOYA
September 28th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Let's hear your take.

A good list. Some thoughts:

Fordham: Still further along than many in the league might have thought. If this remains a one bid league in 2015, it's likely to be in the Bronx.

Bucknell: They'll get some wins, but may not be enough to garner national attention at playoff time.

Colgate: It's early but there are some signs of life in Hamilton.

Lehigh/Lafayette: Could see a 3-3 PL finish for both of these teams. #151 won't decide any titles.

Holy Cross: Four of the next five at home. Anything less than 3-1 could be the beginning of the end for Gilmore.

Georgetown: Good intentions notwithstanding, may struggle to stay on the field in October without a running game (85 yards combined in last two games).

carney2
September 28th, 2015, 08:24 AM
I think you nailed it, carney.

It's really a muddled mess imo where the sands shift quickly in terms of who makes up the positions after us right now. The year started out with Bucknell as the clear peer for title favorites with us (if not ahead based upon returning experience) but they have disappointed thus far and fell back to the middle of the pack, expectations wise. Next up was HC who I thought had turned a corner before laying a total egg this past weekend. After seeing Lehigh over Penn and then what Penn did to 'Nova I was thinking that maybe it was the Engineers turn. Really not sure what to think other than the worst place to be right now seems to be the consensus #2 in the league. The moment that happens it appears your team is destined for a brutal, horrible performance.

I still see every game as being winnable but difficult for us from here on out, including this weekend. Are you getting back many of your injured players?

Five returning as of yesterday, but none in the O-line where things are way beyond desperate. Returning: no. 1 RB (who can't do much behind this makeshift OL), 3 desperately needed DBs, and a WR who has not seen action yet this year. All are welcome additions, but not difference makers IMO for a game of this difficulty.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 28th, 2015, 08:34 AM
I think this week will tell the tail for Lehigh a bit in terms of potentially being a ok but not great 7 win team or being one that fights for .500. A 3-2 OOC schedule in the grand scheme of things will looks pretty good. JMU is absurdly good and next to Navy the best team a PL school has faced. W&M is damn good too but I think the Tribe are a half step behind. Yale is ok but overall are not up to their recent level. At home Lehigh needs to win this game and build some momentum for Bucknell. Princeton is good to potentially Top 25 good. I'm not sure where the Tigers will end up since they usually puke on themselves somewhere. If I were to guess they win at least 7 games.

Fordham is still the team to beat mainly by coaching and offensive talent. Moorhead seems so far ahead of the league it's silly...

Lafayette will likely be 1-4 after this week which will place them directly on course for their 6th straight losing season. Perhaps they can wreck someone's season later in the year but I don't see this going anywhere. Fordham @ Georgetown and Harvard are the next 3. No bye until the week prior to Lehigh. It's the only game that matters...

Bucknell will probably win 7-8 games thanks to a weak schedule. They'll be had a few times and potentially get blown out by Fordham.

Holy Cross- I was on HC after their performance against Towson. I have no idea what happened against Colgate since I didn't see any of it. I still think a winning season is possible so long as the HC fans don't cause a mutiny...

Georgetown - arguably the second best coached team in the league. They've shown some good fight after a no-show against SFU.

Colgate they got a nice win against HC at home but still have a tough road. A rivalry game at Cornell and then at Princeton coming up will make a winning season tough imo.

The league overall is not good. Every team has a chance to at least tie for the league title imo. Unless Fordham runs the table there's a real chance the auto-bid winner has a losing record, especially if it's Lafayette or Colgate.

jimbo65
September 28th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Colgate
Harvard
Yale
Albany
Bucknell
Fordham

Fordham
September 28th, 2015, 08:47 AM
fwiw, we never blow out Bucknell.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 28th, 2015, 08:51 AM

And for 15 years Bucknell never beat Lehigh. Now Lehigh is coming off of two consecutive blow-out losses...

KillaBee
September 28th, 2015, 09:17 AM

CFBfan.. I must say I am 1-0 on my predictions.. Undefeated... The Leopards came back from being down and showed perseverance. Now this week's prediction... The leopards by 23... A feast in the East-on... Leopards eat Rams..

I dont care about QB, RB Line, defense or a coach.. I believe they will WIN WIN WIN .....

KillaBee
September 28th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Lafayette will likely be 1-4 after this week which will place them directly on course for their 6th straight losing season. Perhaps they can wreck someone's season later in the year but I don't see this going anywhere. Fordham @ Georgetown and Harvard are the next 3. No bye until the week prior to Lehigh. It's the only game that matters...

HA HA HAAAAA.. you are out of your mind. You seem to have a lot of negativity towards Lafayette,,The Leopards will win this week buddy.. by 23..

CFBfan
September 28th, 2015, 09:29 AM
CFBfan.. I must say I am 1-0 on my predictions.. Undefeated... The Leopards came back from being down and showed perseverance. Now this week's prediction... The leopards by 23... A feast in the East-on... Leopards eat Rams..

I dont care about QB, RB Line, defense or a coach.. I believe they will WIN WIN WIN .....

I must say...I didn't realize that you also had dementia! you are OH and TWO!!! you picked a NINETEEN point win please cease with your revisionary history!! and please....take your meds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CFBfan
September 28th, 2015, 09:30 AM

HA HA HAAAAA.. you are out of your mind. You seem to have a lot of negativity towards Lafayette,,The Leopards will win this week buddy.. by 23..

your bookie must love you!!!!!!

CFBfan
September 28th, 2015, 10:05 AM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-lwV4I8v46lGCiQLdgKDz26XAH0EK_-kpyzhxyyOK4omEjIkD

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2015, 10:09 AM
My thoughts:

BUCKNELL: Last season, weren't super-impressive in OOC wins (and losses) then suddenly became the PL's version of the Monstars in league play, and came within OT of beating Fordham. I could see a repeat.

COLGATE: They learned how to win this week in Worcester. Feels like they turned the corner.

FORDHAM: Their crown until someone knocks it off. Hard to see who can do it.

GEORGETOWN: Predicting now they will have at least two league wins. A 4-7 season with their schedule is a huge accomplishment for Sgarlata, and if he goes 5-6 or 6-5, COY candidate.

HOLY CROSS: In a tailspin. Difficult to see them coming out of it at this point.

LEHIGH: A talented team that still hasn't put it all together yet. Very unclear whether they can get it all together in time to compete vs. Bucknell and Fordham, both on the road.

LAFAYETTE: Not as bad as 1-3 might indicate, but probably not enough to get in the conversation for league title. Factoring in losses to Colgate, Fordham and Lehigh, losing season seems all but assured.

RichH2
September 28th, 2015, 10:17 AM
PL to date
FORDHAM thought they would be vulnerable. I was wrong.
The race for #2
BUCKNELL dont give up many points,dont score many points. Cupcakes will insure a good year.
COLGATE tough OOC,expect they will challenge.
PARDS not likely we've seen them yet due to injury depletion.Anymore on OL unlikely to compete.
LEHIGH. Will go as far as O takes them. If D can soar to mediocre,could make a run for #2
HOLY CROSS great 3 quarter team.4th is there achilles heel.
HOYAS. Excellent coach,no depth. Not a sure W for most of us.
Dunlap had it right that transition to schollies would not be quick or painless. PL a hodge podge of middling parity below Rams.

LUHawker
September 28th, 2015, 10:23 AM
PL to date
FORDHAM thought they would be vulnerable. I was wrong.
The race for #2
BUCKNELL dont give up many points,dont score many points. Cupcakes will insure a good year.
COLGATE tough OOC,expect they will challenge.
PARDS not likely we've seen them yet due to injury depletion.Anymore on OL unlikely to compete.
LEHIGH. Will go as far as O takes them. If D can soar to mediocre,could make a run for #2
HOLY CROSS great 3 quarter team.4th is there achilles heel.
HOYAS. Excellent coach,no depth. Not a sure W for most of us.
Dunlap had it right that transition to schollies would not be quick or painless. PL a hodge podge of middling parity below Rams.

RichH2 - want to let us in on who Dunlap is?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Lots seem to be thinking that sometimes that the PL coaches are being out-maneuvered, and others question the on-field PL talent, but how much of the PL's struggles this season can be linked to the resurgence of the Ivy League in general?

Lehigh and Lafayette lost to Princeton, a team that looks like they belong in the same conversation as Harvard, Yale and Dartmouth for the IL title.

Yale beat Colgate and outlasted Cornell, and seem like they're still much of the same team that upset Army last season.

Harvard won the championship of Rhode Island this weekend, which should surprise nobody, but they as well should be well on their way to another possible IL title after they beat Georgetown by at least 30 this weekend.

Bucky beat Cornell, who shows signs of not being the doormat they were last year by taking Yale to the limit.

Penn beat Villanova, enough said.

Dartmouth hasn't played a great schedule but they pounded last year's NEC champs last weekend.

Even Columbia, doormat who Georgetown beat this weekend (how great was that?), played Fordham pretty tough two weeks ago.

How much of the PL's struggles are really coming from the IL's resurgence across the board?

RichH2
September 28th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Fred Dunlap ,rebuilt Lehigh program in 60s and 70s then to his alma mater Colgate as HC

ngineer
September 28th, 2015, 11:32 AM
RichH2 - want to let us in on who Dunlap is?

Rich just beat me to it. I played for Fred back in early 70's and had the opportunity to speak with him two years ago when Lehigh visited Hamilton. He's still in good shape and about 85 years old, but had some interesting observations about the scholarship impact on the PL inability to have deeper squads. Note, Princeton ran about 120 players out onto the field last Saturday. Most PL teams, now, will be limited to about 90 players. With usually a least a dozen wounded at times, that reduces your available practicing buddies. Some of the reason I think we have seen the rise in horrible tackling by a lot of teams. Coaches afraid of injuries in practice leading to very little "live" scrimmaging. Fred thought that scholarships would yield some players who might otherwise go to a 'bigger' school or conference, but that this would be offset by not being able to use grant-in-aid money leading to thinner rosters.

RichH2
September 28th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Think the next change we'll see in PL will address roster issues. Current cap includes all aid,need,academic and athletic. Most conferences only cap athletic. aid. NEC has a 40 max but allows need aid upto NCAA cap of 63. PL needs to allow need grants in addition to athletic schollies up yo NCAA cap. While we may continue to have a roster cap of 90,the additional aid will give squads additional quality depth.

eiu1999
September 28th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Friday, 10/2
COLGATE @ Cornell
GEORGETOWN @ Harvard
Yale @ LEHIGH
Albany @ HOLY CROSS
BUCKNELL @ VMI
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

carney2
September 28th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Think the next change we'll see in PL will address roster issues.

Your assumption is that there will be changes to enhance football. My assumption is that the majority of the academics in charge feel that they've gone about as far as they care to.

DFW HOYA
September 28th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Think the next change we'll see in PL will address roster issues. Current cap includes all aid,need,academic and athletic. Most conferences only cap athletic. aid. NEC has a 40 max but allows need aid up to NCAA cap of 63. PL needs to allow need grants in addition to athletic schollies up yo NCAA cap. While we may continue to have a roster cap of 90,the additional aid will give squads additional quality depth.

Are the extra three scholarships really that much of a difference? Dropping the roster cap would be a more impactful change.

RichH2
September 28th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Are the extra three scholarships really that much of a difference? Dropping the roster cap would be a more impactful change.

Your assumption is that there will be changes to enhance football. My assumption is that the majority of the academics in charge feel that they've gone about as far as they care to.

carney,the caps are budgetary . Dont think much will happen til after a year or two at 60.
DFW,
Absolutely. Just unlikely PL will do both. Easing roster cap alone is meaningless without increasing allowed funding in some manner.

ngineer
September 28th, 2015, 01:11 PM

Will be interesting to see how Simon interacts with the other PL Presidents. He may be of a mindset like Bucknell's that the PL can be some kind home for east coast Stanfords. Coming from UVA and Duke, he brings a perspective that excellent academic institutions can have good athletics, too. Not sure who 'heads up' the PL Council of Presidents right now.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Will be interesting to see how Simon interacts with the other PL Presidents. He may be of a mindset like Bucknell's that the PL can be some kind home for east coast Stanfords. Coming from UVA and Duke, he brings a perspective that excellent academic institutions can have good athletics, too. Not sure who 'heads up' the PL Council of Presidents right now.

President Simon was front-and-center in regards to the Philadelphia Union's USL franchise coming to the Lehigh Valley at Goodman Campus, so it seems like he's got a nose for athletics stuff. He didn't have to attend but he did.

carney2
September 28th, 2015, 02:28 PM
President Simon was front-and-center in regards to the Philadelphia Union's USL franchise coming to the Lehigh Valley at Goodman Campus, so it seems like he's got a nose for athletics stuff. He didn't have to attend but he did.

If you're right, "that's one," as they say. On the other hand, perhaps he just has "a nose for" revenues.

FordhamFan
September 28th, 2015, 06:11 PM

Ugh so true. If they had any consistency on offense they'd have beaten us the last two years. This year will be another great one me thinks

ngineer
September 28th, 2015, 10:53 PM

Yes, he does. In fact he attended the Wrestling Club picnic two weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon 10 miles from campus. First University President to ever attend. Also became the Club's 1,000th member. So far, so good.

ColgateTD
September 29th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Colgate - some signs of life last week, but hard to predict in this Central New York rivalry.
Harvard - lots I'd scoring for the Johnnies
Yale - LU will experience what Gate did a few weeks ago - never underestimte the Eli
Holy Cross - going out on a limb here, but the Cross may actually play 60 minutes of ball.
Bucknell - another nail biter, but feel the Bison are a tad superior
Fordham- wish I could see a Pards win, but this is just another notch in the Ram's belt.

11-1 on the season

Bill
September 29th, 2015, 12:04 PM
I stand at 17-8 overall...remember, these picks are for entertainment purposes onlyxnodx:

COLGATE @ Cornell - Colgate starting to right the ship...and I don't think Cornell is any good. Raiders over SUNY-Ithaca, 27-21.
GEORGETOWN @ Harvard - My one loss week was picking against GTown...well, I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon yet. Crimson, 32-17
Yale @ LEHIGH - Can LU lose for a second straight week to an Ivy league team? Lehigh's D has me worried. Unfortunately, yes. Yale, 32-31.
Albany @ HOLY CROSS - Oh boy. Albany, 42-28.
BUCKNELL @ VMI - Bucknell comes over their bye week ready to roll. Bucknell, 19-12.
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE. Could be close, but won't be. Rams, 46-24.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Am I crazy at seeing Bucknell@VMI as a trap game? Taking a long, hard look at taking citdog's favorite team this week.

RichH2
September 29th, 2015, 12:33 PM
FWIW
BASSETT
YALE. 38-31
GATE. 25-14
HARVARD. 38'7
RAMS. 34-33
BUCKNELL 37-14
ALBANY. 27-24

MASSEY
90-100
HARVARD. 42-10.5

80-90
RAMS. 35-24.5
BUCKNELL. 35-21

60-70
YALE. 38.5-31.5
CROSS. 28-21
GATE. 28-17.5

RedFlash
September 29th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Friday, 10/2
COLGATE @ Cornell
GEORGETOWN @ Harvard

Saturday, 10/3
Yale @ LEHIGH
Albany @ HOLY CROSS
BUCKNELL @ VMI
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

I want to pick VMI but just can't pull the trigger.

Bogus Megapardus
September 29th, 2015, 07:41 PM
FYI - Week 5 PL Sportsbook is available on the Lafayette Board

http://lafayettesports.myfreeforum.org/ftopic3347-20.php

RichH2
September 29th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Thanks Bogie.

Go...gate
September 29th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Have not been on that forum in a while. It was nice to visit again.

Fordham
September 29th, 2015, 08:52 PM
A lot of complaining about Wagner's lack of class in that thread. What happened?

Bogus Megapardus
September 29th, 2015, 11:15 PM
A lot of complaining about Wagner's lack of class in that thread. What happened?
Many witnessed a goodly amount of gratuitous "in your face" taunting by Wagner players, particularly when Wagner had a lead. Pard fans have put it behind them and I'm sure the players have as well. Our humble and beloved Pards have much greater things with which to be concerned as Fordham comes to Easton this weekend.

Sader87
September 29th, 2015, 11:51 PM
Wagner

World
September 30th, 2015, 02:48 AM
Friday, 10/2
COLGATE @ Cornell
GEORGETOWN @ Harvard

Saturday, 10/3
Yale @ LEHIGH
Albany @ HOLY CROSS
BUCKNELL @ VMI
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

Tribal
September 30th, 2015, 06:16 AM
COLGATE
Harvard
LEHIGH
Albany
VMI
FORDHAM

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Southsider
September 30th, 2015, 06:16 AM
Friday, 10/2
COLGATE @ Cornell
GEORGETOWN @ Harvard

Saturday, 10/3
Yale @ LEHIGH
Albany @ HOLY CROSS
BUCKNELL @ VMI
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

So, you pick Yale on the Ivy thread, but Lehigh here????? Which is it??? My bet is on the hurricane!

bulldog10jw
September 30th, 2015, 08:16 AM
So, you pick Yale on the Ivy thread, but Lehigh here????? Which is it??? My bet is on the hurricane!

He's playing to his audience. ;)

carney2
September 30th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Many witnessed a goodly amount of gratuitous "in your face" taunting by Wagner players

I saw the jawing by Wagnerians on my TV screen, but who knows what was said. My guess at the time was something like

"Hey, your uniforms are cool, but ours are ugly as sin, don't you think?"

Which was absolutely true.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2015, 09:55 AM

Many witnessed a goodly amount of gratuitous "in your face" taunting by Wagner players, particularly when Wagner had a lead. Pard fans have put it behind them and I'm sure the players have as well. Our humble and beloved Pards have much greater things with which to be concerned as Fordham comes to Easton this weekend.

Not for nothing but I remember similar complaints when Colgate lost to Wagner (uggh, it still pains me to type it to this day) in the FCS playoffs a few years ago.

I saw the jawing by Wagnerians on my TV screen, but who knows what was said. My guess at the time was something like

"Hey, your uniforms are cool, but ours are ugly as sin, don't you think?"

Which was absolutely true.

Fordham
September 30th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I'm always curious when I see Pard fans whining following any game after last year's display both during and after the LC FU game. Still can't get over the apoplectic posts last year on AGS and on their board over things like an onsides kick call when we were up 17-3 in the 2nd quarter, etc. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?161328-Lafayette-at-Fordham-Game-Thread/page2&highlight=Fordham+Lafayette+Wetzel The posts on the LC board were worse with regard to the "thug" and comments about going up to the Bronx. Guys like carney and bogus excluded from that annoyance as they didn't pile on in such a sore loser kind of way but, wow, a bunch of others did in a way I've never seen from any other PL fan base here or elsewhere. We all have posters who view things with Rose colored lenses or think their kids have a level of purity to them that no other school could match, but this was ridiculous imo. Maybe Wagner is that bad but I'm now always more than a little suspect when I see Pard fans complaints about other team's sportsmanship while making claims as though their kids never talk smack when up.

On a different note, found it interesting to read the posts talking about how we're such a senior laden team last year and will come back to the pack in future years. I was definitely agreeing with that when it was written (I think sader wrote it). Such a pleasant surprise to see us doing this well with pretty much an entirely new cast of players.

Gater
September 30th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I have a friend who played for both Colgate and Wagner. He said Colgate students we really riding the Wagner team at that game--talking trash to the bench. He said it was not the school's finest moment. I think Colgate fans are usually pretty good but whatever Wagner players may have been doing on the field that day (aside from playing really hard and winning), could have been partially rooted in that.

Fordham still has four years of scholarship players going for it. Having no seniors on scholarship is still a pretty big disadvantage for the other schools. Add in Fordham's coaching and recruiting, and it shouldn't be a surprise that they are as good as they are. I'm not sure how much I expected them to come back to the pack this year as much as I expected the pack to rise to their level. Remains to be seen how teams do in league play but Fordham is certainly the clear favorite.

Fordham
September 30th, 2015, 11:29 AM
...Fordham still has four years of scholarship players going for it. Having no seniors on scholarship is still a pretty big disadvantage for the other schools. Add in Fordham's coaching and recruiting, and it shouldn't be a surprise that they are as good as they are. I'm not sure how much I expected them to come back to the pack this year as much as I expected the pack to rise to their level. Remains to be seen how teams do in league play but Fordham is certainly the clear favorite. Good point. I guess I was expecting a bunch of both - the league getting better and us falling back. That said, I do think it's lost in the discussion about how remarkable it is that we have pretty much an entirely new starting lineup with many of those kids taking their first collegiate snaps, and we look like we haven't missed much of a beat (except at WR). Really a remarkable job by Moorhead. I think this year is much more of a statement about his abilities than his turnaround of the previous 3 years.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Good point. I guess I was expecting a bunch of both - the league getting better and us falling back. That said, I do think it's lost in the discussion about how remarkable it is that we have pretty much an entirely new starting lineup with many of those kids taking their first collegiate snaps, and we look like we haven't missed much of a beat (except at WR). Really a remarkable job by Moorhead. I think this year is much more of a statement about his abilities than his turnaround of the previous 3 years.

Having one of the best running backs in all of FCS is a very good starting point for any team.

Gater
September 30th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Having a mature, talented QB step in is as a new starter or the back-up when the starter gets hurt is huge--Moorhead being able to get these guys may be his greatest skill. Watched the Army game and your QB could really spin it (how were they only able to score once against 'Nova and can you pass that info along to the Colgate coaches?).

Just looked at Fordham's two deep. Was surprised (disappointed?) to see how few seniors/grad students there were starting. That being said, Fordham is getting what they deserved. They decided to be good at football and paid a price to do it. Now they are good and the league is paying the price for following instead of leading.

RichH2
September 30th, 2015, 01:16 PM
I also expected Rams to be vulnerable this year. Moorhead and staff did a marvelous job preparing this team. Helps they have the talent :) on all four levels. I know for Lehigh,and I suspect for others,that our 1st schollie was not deep in exceptional talent. Some yes but staff has learned and improved recruiting talent in each of the next classes. Fordham does not have that issue now . Two more classes are nesded IMO to get us to their level.

Fordham
September 30th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Having a mature, talented QB step in is as a new starter or the back-up when the starter gets hurt is huge--Moorhead being able to get these guys may be his greatest skill. Watched the Army game and your QB could really spin it (how were they only able to score once against 'Nova and can you pass that info along to the Colgate coaches?).

If anyone is into the details of the program, though, they know that Moorhead is just an incredible developer of talent and not just a recruiter of one. In our first year he brought in Nebrich just before game one and he ended up blowing out his knee soon thereafter. The kid he inherited was Ryan Higgins, who was a senior who didn't play as a frosh or soph and only played as a Jr when Peter Maetzold went down with an injury. Neither looked very good under the previous staff. Under Moorhead, Higgins gets thrust into action as the sole starter and started reeling off some tremendous games. The difference between him as a senior under Moorhead and how he played previously was nothing short of stunning. The following year Nebrich comes along with his great wheels and incredible decision making that fits Moorhead's system perfectly and he obviously thrives. When he goes down, though, who comes in? Peter Maetzold ... and he plays much, much better in every game he was forced into than he ever did as the starter under Massella. Now this year starts out and Anderson has not taken a snap in a real game in three years and has never taken a snap in a college game. He goes out and looks like a returning all league level QB against Army and has been on fire all year. If all we had were Nebrich and Anderson I would agree that he finds good talent more so than anything else. Taking a look at everyone who has passed through as a QB here, though, and you'll see that it's much more than a coincidence or simple recruiting to explain why we are getting consistently excellent QB play. Honestly, I'm in awe of his abilities and think Moorhead is an offensive genius and the best developer of QB's I've ever seen. While I'm pleased with our D, I just wish we had someone with his same abilities on the defensive side of the ball.

As far as what to tell the 'Gate coaches from the 'Nova game? Tell them to play it in an ugly mess of a storm and to grab guys like Don Cherry and put them on the field.

Gater
September 30th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Interesting about Moorhead developing QB's. I'm in no way doubting him, but I wonder how he would do starting a first year QB--an 18 year old right out of high school. Colgate has had some QB's come along who have looked fine as freshmen or sophomores and be lights out for their last two years. I wonder how much of it is just getting the reps. Colgate was really hurt last year by not having experience at the position. I think there was talent there but especially having a true freshman start is tough. This year Colgate has a three star freshman QB who hasn't seen the field and another three star QB coming next year. If Colgate can get to the point where kids worth their weight in stars don't actually play until they are juniors or seniors (especially at QB) the program will be in great shape. That being said, every starting or backup QB Fordham has put on the field since Moorhead has gotten there has looked great. However he is making that happen, he's doing something right.

Gate83
September 30th, 2015, 04:23 PM
I have a friend who played for both Colgate and Wagner. He said Colgate students we really riding the Wagner team at that game--talking trash to the bench. He said it was not the school's finest moment. I think Colgate fans are usually pretty good but whatever Wagner players may have been doing on the field that day (aside from playing really hard and winning), could have been partially rooted in that.

Fordham still has four years of scholarship players going for it. Having no seniors on scholarship is still a pretty big disadvantage for the other schools. Add in Fordham's coaching and recruiting, and it shouldn't be a surprise that they are as good as they are. I'm not sure how much I expected them to come back to the pack this year as much as I expected the pack to rise to their level. Remains to be seen how teams do in league play but Fordham is certainly the clear favorite.

Hmm... I was there and in that crowd. It didn't really include any students as the game was at Wagner and the Saturday post-Thanksgiving (why it wasn't at Colgate is a whole 'nother story). Our crowd was pretty much friends and family of the team, which for whatever reason Wagner sat right behind their bench in their one-sided stadium. We cheered for the Raiders (when we could, which unfortunately wasn't all that often) and I heard nothing disparaging to the Wagner players. We were rewarded once the game was decided with a bunch of Wagner players turning around, grabbing themselves, gesturing to the crowd... which did incite some of the families, as might be expected. Not to relive ancient history, but from the stands that day I wouldn't be blaming the Colgate fans.

FordhamFan
September 30th, 2015, 05:43 PM
If anyone is into the details of the program, though, they know that Moorhead is just an incredible developer of talent and not just a recruiter of one. In our first year he brought in Nebrich just before game one and he ended up blowing out his knee soon thereafter. The kid he inherited was Ryan Higgins, who was a senior who didn't play as a frosh or soph and only played as a Jr when Peter Maetzold went down with an injury. Neither looked very good under the previous staff. Under Moorhead, Higgins gets thrust into action as the sole starter and started reeling off some tremendous games. The difference between him as a senior under Moorhead and how he played previously was nothing short of stunning. The following year Nebrich comes along with his great wheels and incredible decision making that fits Moorhead's system perfectly and he obviously thrives. When he goes down, though, who comes in? Peter Maetzold ... and he plays much, much better in every game he was forced into than he ever did as the starter under Massella. Now this year starts out and Anderson has not taken a snap in a real game in three years and has never taken a snap in a college game. He goes out and looks like a returning all league level QB against Army and has been on fire all year. If all we had were Nebrich and Anderson I would agree that he finds good talent more so than anything else. Taking a look at everyone who has passed through as a QB here, though, and you'll see that it's much more than a coincidence or simple recruiting to explain why we are getting consistently excellent QB play. Honestly, I'm in awe of his abilities and think Moorhead is an offensive genius and the best developer of QB's I've ever seen. While I'm pleased with our D, I just wish we had someone with his same abilities on the defensive side of the ball.

As far as what to tell the 'Gate coaches from the 'Nova game? Tell them to play it in an ugly mess of a storm and to grab guys like Don Cherry and put them on the field.

Moorhead is an incredible developer of talent. Sam Ajala received NO scholarships to play football other than Fordham (under Masella)...Moorhead turns him into an All-American. Wetzel goes from nobody to All-American.

The QBs is another story. With all due respect to Moorhead, QBs is all the OC Breiner. He coaches the Q's and does an incredible job. He is the main reason these guys have been so successful. Obviously it's Moorhead's staff so he gets the credit, but make no mistake, Breiner does the grunt work. If/when Moorhead goes, I would hope Fordham tries to keep Breiner by making him HC.

Gater
September 30th, 2015, 06:01 PM
At the time, my friend said there were Colgate students leaning over the fence deriding the school. I have no reason to doubt either of you. Would imagine you saw different things and who knows who started any of it. A lot of regrettable events from that day for Colgate football fans. Not trying to host the game was a low point for the program. (I wasn't against it until I saw the game on TV and realized what a mistake it was.) I think the game was also an affirmation that scholarships couldn't come soon enough. There were just faster, more physical players on Wagner--not all of them but enough. Having been to a Wagner game in the 80's, when they were Division III, it was hard to fathom that Colgate had allowed this moment to happen. Wish we could have understood in the 80's that the Ivies were smarter and any agreement we entered into with them would work out in their favor and not ours--my, oh my how we got played. It took losing to NEC schools, having Fordham say they were going scholarship no matter what, and the Ivies giving more athletic scholarships than any schools in the country for Colgate (and the rest of the league) just to wake up and get back on a level playing field.

Gate83
September 30th, 2015, 06:36 PM
At the time, my friend said there were Colgate students leaning over the fence deriding the school. I have no reason to doubt either of you. Would imagine you saw different things and who knows who started any of it. A lot of regrettable events from that day for Colgate football fans. Not trying to host the game was a low point for the program. (I wasn't against it until I saw the game on TV and realized what a mistake it was.) I think the game was also an affirmation that scholarships couldn't come soon enough. There were just faster, more physical players on Wagner--not all of them but enough. Having been to a Wagner game in the 80's, when they were Division III, it was hard to fathom that Colgate had allowed this moment to happen. Wish we could have understood in the 80's that the Ivies were smarter and any agreement we entered into with them would work out in their favor and not ours--my, oh my how we got played. It took losing to NEC schools, having Fordham say they were going scholarship no matter what, and the Ivies giving more athletic scholarships than any schools in the country for Colgate (and the rest of the league) just to wake up and get back on a level playing field.

Agree with you, though I think we got played by our wanna-be Williams administration & faculty as much or more than the Ivies. And I also think we would've won the Wagner game if McCarney was 100% (he wasn't close). Water under the bridge, beat Cornell!

Gater
September 30th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Agreed, 83.

Will move the laments back to the Colgate board where they belong!

Lehigh'98
September 30th, 2015, 07:58 PM
This week is looking like most of the games could be played in downpours.
Harvard 21 Gtown 0
Colgate 21 Cornell 14
Yale 10 Lehigh 7
Bucknell 2 VMI 0
Fordham 12 Lafayette 19
Albany 7 HC 6

RichH2
September 30th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Harvard 21 Gtown 0
Colgate 21 Cornell 14
Yale 10 Lehigh 7
Bucknell 2 VMI 0
Fordham 12 Lafayette 19
Albany 7 HC 6
:) weather wont be that bad.at Goodman

Go...gate
September 30th, 2015, 08:58 PM

Great post.

ngineer
September 30th, 2015, 09:03 PM
:) weather wont be that bad.at Goodman

Field could be water logged. Heavy rain predicted all day and night on Friday into Saturday a.m. May break by 11 a.m.-12 noon. Maybe they will cover the field Friday.

RichH2
September 30th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Well said.

LeopardBall10
October 1st, 2015, 07:15 AM
Interesting about Moorhead developing QB's. I'm in no way doubting him, but I wonder how he would do starting a first year QB--an 18 year old right out of high school. Colgate has had some QB's come along who have looked fine as freshmen or sophomores and be lights out for their last two years. I wonder how much of it is just getting the reps. Colgate was really hurt last year by not having experience at the position. I think there was talent there but especially having a true freshman start is tough. This year Colgate has a three star freshman QB who hasn't seen the field and another three star QB coming next year. If Colgate can get to the point where kids worth their weight in stars don't actually play until they are juniors or seniors (especially at QB) the program will be in great shape. That being said, every starting or backup QB Fordham has put on the field since Moorhead has gotten there has looked great. However he is making that happen, he's doing something right.

*Disclaimer* This post is about to get into some indepth x's and o's

I actually think this goes further than just Moorehead's ability to develop QB talant. The Fordham offenseive coaches have put a system in place that is based almost entirely off of 3-4 formations (and the internal variations thereof), 2 personnel groupings, and dynamic play calling (meaning that plays are designed with internal reads). By using this system the QB has limited reads depending on the defense they are facing, but they can always be right. Most of the runs that Fordham utilizes are called with 3 step routes, not stock blocking. If the box is loaded the QB just completes a slant behind the LB.

The difference with Dan Hunt and the Colgate system is that the Raiders utilize dozens of formations including unbalanced lines, tackles over, etc. They also typically use multiple personnel groupings (when they have the depth and talent). They also use dynamic play calling, but the reads tend to be much different on every play. For example, when Gate runs the Power Read they will read either the 3 tech, the 5 tech, or the LB depending on who is in what gap. All of that variation can make it a night mare for a defense, but if you don't have the senior QB to run it then you can end up hurting yourself.

Fordham
October 1st, 2015, 07:39 AM

I actually think this goes further than just Moorehead's ability to develop QB talant. The Fordham offenseive coaches have put a system in place that is based almost entirely off of 3-4 formations (and the internal variations thereof), 2 personnel groupings, and dynamic play calling (meaning that plays are designed with internal reads). By using this system the QB has limited reads depending on the defense they are facing, but they can always be right. Most of the runs that Fordham utilizes are called with 3 step routes, not stock blocking. If the box is loaded the QB just completes a slant behind the LB.

The difference with Dan Hunt and the Colgate system is that the Raiders utilize dozens of formations including unbalanced lines, tackles over, etc. They also typically use multiple personnel groupings (when they have the depth and talent). They also use dynamic play calling, but the reads tend to be much different on every play. For example, when Gate runs the Power Read they will read either the 3 tech, the 5 tech, or the LB depending on who is in what gap. All of that variation can make it a night mare for a defense, but if you don't have the senior QB to run it then you can end up hurting yourself. awesome post!

ColgateTD
October 1st, 2015, 10:12 AM

The difference with Dan Hunt and the Colgate system is that the Raiders utilize dozens of formations including unbalanced lines, tackles over, etc. They also typically use multiple personnel groupings (when they have the depth and talent). They also use dynamic play calling, but the reads tend to be much different on every play. For example, when Gate runs the Power Read they will read either the 3 tech, the 5 tech, or the LB depending on who is in what gap. All of that variation can make it a night mare for a defense, but if you don't have the senior QB to run it then you can end up hurting yourself.

Holy cow!

Ken_Z
October 1st, 2015, 10:55 AM
on this hurricane threatened weekend, your week 5 Patriot League picks are brought to you by your fearless local meteorologists who, by the way, predict much rain although it could be sunny:

Colgate > Cornell : although both played Yale close and Cornell is at home so maybe not
Harvard > Georgetown: although Georgetown surprises everyone now and again so ...

Lehigh > Yale : although Yale keeps pulling games out so ...
Albany > Holy Cross: although Crusaders owe them from last year so ...
Bucknell > VMI : although this is totally a homer pick and VMI has played better so ...
Fordham > Lafayette : although, nope, not even we are hedging on this one, its a lock, 100% Fordham rains on Pards parade.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2015, 11:07 AM
on this hurricane threatened weekend, your week 5 Patriot League picks are brought to you by your fearless local meteorologists who, by the way, predict much rain although it could be sunny:

Colgate > Cornell : although both played Yale close and Cornell is at home so maybe not
Harvard > Georgetown: although Georgetown surprises everyone now and again so ...

Lehigh > Yale : although Yale keeps pulling games out so ...
Albany > Holy Cross: although Crusaders owe them from last year so ...
Bucknell > VMI : although this is totally a homer pick and VMI has played better so ...
Fordham > Lafayette : although, nope, not even we are hedging on this one, its a lock, 100% Fordham rains on Pards parade.

Pure genius.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2015, 12:33 PM
My game preview of the "Yank Townsend" trophy game:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/game-preview-yale-at-lehigh-1032015.html

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2015, 12:41 PM
I'm always curious when I see Pard fans whining following any game after last year's display both during and after the LC FU game. Still can't get over the apoplectic posts last year on AGS and on their board over things like an onsides kick call when we were up 17-3 in the 2nd quarter, etc.

This is a point very well taken, Fordham. Pard fans last year were looking at Fordham as the big bad bully of the PL, while Fordham perhaps was looking at Lafayette, the only PL team to beat them the year before, as potentially the most significant obstacle to a PL title. Fordham players never displayed a lack of honor or decorum and the coaches made the calls they needed to make to ensure a clean victory. I will expect nothing different from either side this weekend.

I won't apologize for being a dedicated Lafayette fan but certainly my observations at the time were guided by the passion of the moment rather than by reason and objectivity. I appreciate you bringing this up because I actually had been thinking about last year's Fordham game in relation to the Wagner game last Saturday.

Fordham
October 1st, 2015, 01:26 PM
This is a point very well taken, Fordham. Pard fans last year were looking at Fordham as the big bad bully of the PL, while Fordham perhaps was looking at Lafayette, the only PL team to beat them the year before, as potentially the most significant obstacle to a PL title. Fordham players never displayed a lack of honor or decorum and the coaches made the calls they needed to make to ensure a clean victory. I will expect nothing different from either side this weekend.

I won't apologize for being a dedicated Lafayette fan but certainly my observations at the time were guided by the passion of the moment rather than by reason and objectivity. I appreciate you bringing this up because I actually had been thinking about last year's Fordham game in relation to the Wagner game last Saturday.
you're back! Good to see you here again and hope it's more than just passing through. For the record, my refrain above specifically mentioned you and carney from not jumping in on the over-the-top stuff, which was certainly appreciated.

Are you going to the game? I'm considering making the trek from NY as I love your stadium but, man, the expected weather is certainly making me pause. You guys could be a very tough match-up for us if the conditions are as bad as expected.

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2015, 01:34 PM
Are you going to the game? I'm considering making the trek from NY as I love your stadium but, man, the expected weather is certainly making me pause.

The weather could effect just about every game in the northeast. However right now the weather forecast for Easton is light rain ending by about 10:00 AM; low 50s and only a 10% chance of rain at 6:00 PM game time. If that holds we'll be just fine. I expect to be there unless the First Lady really wants to watch her nephew's game. I have to be fair about it.

Leopard Loyalist
October 1st, 2015, 02:33 PM
Friday, 10/2
COLGATE @ Cornell
GEORGETOWN @ Harvard

Saturday, 10/3
Yale @ LEHIGH
Albany @ HOLY CROSS
BUCKNELL @ VMI
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

PAllen
October 1st, 2015, 03:52 PM
Harvard 21 Gtown 0
Colgate 21 Cornell 14
Yale 10 Lehigh 7
Bucknell 2 VMI 0
Fordham 12 Lafayette 19
Albany 7 HC 6

If we hold them to 10 pts in the first half, I'll be shocked.

Go...gate
October 1st, 2015, 03:54 PM
Great to have you back, Bogus Megapardus!

Fordhamanhattan
October 1st, 2015, 05:16 PM
The Rams roll over the Leopards 35-17
Colgate all over Cornell 45-21
the erstwhile Engineers defend their stadium 33-23
Albany nails the Cross 34-33
Bison 23 VMI 12

bulldog10jw
October 1st, 2015, 05:27 PM

+1

RichH2
October 1st, 2015, 05:28 PM
×1

RichH2
October 1st, 2015, 05:31 PM
16-9
Gate
Harvard
Albany
Lehigh
Bucknell
Fordham
No cute commentary his week. My picks so far are funnier

FordhamFan
October 1st, 2015, 05:57 PM

Great post and correct. Fordham runs almost all "packaged" plays with their runs (not all, some are gives no matter what), in which the QB will read a linebacker (inside or out depending on the play) and simply go off him. If he plays the run too aggressively, the QB will pull and make the designated throw. Here is a great article about those types of things

http://smartfootball.com/offense/combining-quick-passes-run-plays-and-screens-in-the-same-play#sthash.8Gwg8qkp.dpbs

LeopardBall is spot on, Fordham coaches simply do an outstanding job putting their guys in a position to be successful, and it's most obvious at the QB position, where they have two coaches that are out of this world

To go further, Fordham's run game also has inside zone reads as well as outside ones, where they read the 3 tech or 5 tech respectively. But the overall point of the FU system having a general theme with lots of plays having the same basic principles is spot on. It is, without a doubt, one of the top reasons the skill players have been able to have so much success without much on field experience

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2015, 06:36 PM

It's to get carney2 to return to the Lafayette board where he is needed.

Besides do you really want me here irritating Lafayette's opponents, obsessing on the long-ago "FiOS Game" and hijacking perfectly respectable threads? I would think not, and I have little else to offer.

RichH2
October 1st, 2015, 07:19 PM
It's to get carney2 to return to the Lafayette board where he is needed.

Besides do you really want me here irritating Lafayette's opponents, obsessing on the long-ago "FiOS Game" and hijacking perfectly respectable threads? I would think not,
Well,yes we do.:)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2015, 07:22 PM
Bogie there is a Lamar/Southeastern Louisiana thread that desperately needs your help

ngineer
October 1st, 2015, 07:58 PM
The weather could effect just about every game in the northeast. However right now the weather forecast for Easton is light rain ending by about 10:00 AM; low 50s and only a 10% chance of rain at 6:00 PM game time. If that holds we'll be just fine. I expect to be there unless the First Lady really wants to watch her nephew's game. I have to be fair about it.

Bogie's weather report is accurate. The afternoon in the Lehigh Valley is supposed to be basically cool with the rain having ended before noon. Bogie is usually right, except during the third week of November. (;-) Welcome back.

crusader11
October 2nd, 2015, 08:32 AM
Went a disastrous 1-4 last week to move to 17-8 on the year.

Cornell
Harvard
Yale
HC
VMI
Fordham

- - - Updated - - -

+1 for Bogie's return.

CFBfan
October 2nd, 2015, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=crusader11;2259184]Went a disastrous 1-4 last week to move to 17-8 on the year.

Cornell
Harvard
Yale
HC
VMI
Fordham

- - - Updated - - -

11, I'm curious as to why you are going with cornell & cross after the game I saw them play last week? I would go the opposite in both, what are your thoughts??

Lehigh Football Nation
October 2nd, 2015, 12:52 PM
Game breakdown and fearless prediction of Yale/Lehigh

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/game-breakdown-yale-at-lehigh-1032015.html

Injuries could be a HUGE factor, and not the ones you might think.

Sader87
October 2nd, 2015, 02:36 PM
Gate 31 Cornell 24 Tempted to go with the Big Red here, but I think the Red Raidahs ultimately continue on their winning ways.

Harvard 34 GTown 13 The Johnnies could probably name the score but want to keep the Hoyas on their future skeds.

Lehigh 27 Yale 24 The Eli's late game heroics end in Bethleham.

VMI 30 Bucknell 21 The Keydets have quietly put in some decent efforts this year, losing competitive games to FBS Ball St and Furman, they get the win here at home.

Fordham 34 Lafayette 20 Potential upset here as well, but the Rams pull away late....too much Edmonds.

Albany 31 HC 28 HC leads 28-24 with 5 ticks left but instead of taking a knee, call the ole Statue of Liberty play but hand it off to a Great Dane defender by mistake. Fitton stunned.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 2nd, 2015, 02:45 PM
Just tallied up my totals and I'm 18-7.

Colgate 29, Cornell 28 - Feels like a corner has been turned by the Raiders.

Harvard 35 Georgetown 9 - Would thoroughly enjoy being wrong here!!!

VMI 24 Bucknell 13 - A much, much more challenging game for Bucknell than most realize.

Albany 24 Holy Cross 17 - Cross going in wrong direction fast, and Albany is the wrong team for Cross to be facing at this moment in an attempt to right the ship.

Fordham 63 Lafayette 13 - Will be interesting what the Frankasaurus says after this one.

RichH2
October 2nd, 2015, 03:09 PM
J
Just tallied up my totals and I'm 18-7.

Colgate 29, Cornell 28 - Feels like a corner has been turned by the Raiders.

Harvard 35 Georgetown 9 - Would thoroughly enjoy being wrong here!!!

VMI 24 Bucknell 13 - A much, much more challenging game for Bucknell than most realize.

Albany 24 Holy Cross 17 - Cross going in wrong direction fast, and Albany is the wrong team for Cross to be facing at this moment in an attempt to right the ship.

Fordham 63 Lafayette 13 - Will be interesting what the Frankasaurus says after this one.
I know your Lehigh pick. Wanna share in this pic em :):):)

carney2
October 2nd, 2015, 03:11 PM
Will be interesting what the Frankasaurus says after this one.

"The injuries are killing us." "Back to the drawing board on Monday."

And remember, this is the man who supposedly recruited Chase Edmonds to play defensive back.

carney2
October 2nd, 2015, 03:15 PM
J
I know your Lehigh pick. Wanna share in this pic em :):):)

LFN picks the BrownTurds to win. Now, there's a surprise.

Bill
October 2nd, 2015, 03:35 PM
Sader, Where the hell is HAL???xrotatehx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 2nd, 2015, 03:55 PM
LFN picks the BrownTurds to win. Now, there's a surprise.

To be fair, four of my 18 wins were picking Lehigh accurately. Four more for picking Lafayette accurately, too.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 2nd, 2015, 04:42 PM
After perhaps my worst week ever I need to rebound. 1-4 last week, 16-9 overall...

Cornell 27 Colgate 24 - I'm not reading too much into Colgate's performance against HC. The Big Red have shown some good fight against two decent teams to start the year. I think they win at home tonight...

Harvard 52 Georgetown 27 - Murphy will try to score and score often...

Albany 28 Holy Cross 24 - This is a tough game to pick. I'd like to take HC at home but the CAA has dominated the PL so far...

VMI 34 Bucknell 26 - The Keydets can score while the Bison's offense is struggling a bit. I'll take the home team in Lexington....

Fordham 38 Lafayette 13 - Barring a key injury or a slew of tunrovers, the Rams roll...

Yale 30 Lehigh 27 - Lehigh will win the box score and control play but Yale scores in the final 3 minutes to send Lehigh's season into a tailspin...

I don't see this weekend turning out well for the PL. It's sad too because outside of Harvard these are "meh" teams imo...

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2015, 06:23 PM
Colgate 21, Cornell 20

Harvard 30 Georgetown 13

VMI 21, Bucknell 17

Albany 28, Holy Cross 20

Fordham 33, Lafayette 14

Bonus Pick: Princeton 24, Columbia 6

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2015, 07:47 PM
Colgate 35, SUNY-Ithaca 28... Gate is turning a corner

Harvard 48, Georgetown 10... nope...

Yale 30, Lehigh 27... a show-me game for Lehigh

VMI 24, Bucknell 21... Bison have been disappointing so far

Albany 28, Holy Cross 17... Cross heading in the wrong direction, another PL CAA loss

Fordham 35, Lafayette 17... just can't see it happening, barring a turnover fest and flawless Pard performance

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 08:16 AM
Colgate held on last night after nearly blowing a 28-7 lead. Cornell had first and goal with about a minute left but couldn't get the tying TD...

Harvard rolled over the Hoyas....

Gater
October 3rd, 2015, 08:45 AM
Colgate missed a 28 yard FG that would have put them up 31-7. Had 23 first downs to Cornell's 6 at that point. Decided taking the foot off the gas wasn't enough and removed the engine and put it under Schoellkopf's (condemned?) stands. Defense spent the 4th quarter very concerned about the plans for the new bleachers and whether they were going to actually build them closer to the field and remove the track. Defense returned to the field for the final four plays, blanketing receivers and knocking away sure game-tying touchdowns.

Strange feeling as a fan, preparing to be so angry. How you'll explain what happened in the game to your wife--how this defining loss could be the end of the season, recruiting, and the white on white uniforms. And then your team wins. And has a winning streak. And will win the next two and have a bye week before Fordham and then piss off the league by losing non-conference games and then getting on a hot streak to end the season that leads to a Patriot League championship that carries right into the playoffs where Colgate wins the national championship 40-0. Good coverage and an overthrown pass to end the game. What could have been meets what will be. Glorious.

Gate83
October 3rd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Colgate missed a 28 yard FG that would have put them up 31-7. Had 23 first downs to Cornell's 6 at that point. Decided taking the foot off the gas wasn't enough and removed the engine and put it under Schoellkopf's (condemned?) stands. Defense spent the 4th quarter very concerned about the plans for the new bleachers and whether they were going to actually build them closer to the field and remove the track. Defense returned to the field for the final four plays, blanketing receivers and knocking away sure game-tying touchdowns.

Strange feeling as a fan, preparing to be so angry. How you'll explain what happened in the game to your wife--how this defining loss could be the end of the season, recruiting, and the white on white uniforms. And then your team wins. And has a winning streak. And will win the next two and have a bye week before Fordham and then piss off the league by losing non-conference games and then getting on a hot streak to end the season that leads to a Patriot League championship that carries right into the playoffs where Colgate wins the national championship 40-0. Good coverage and an overthrown pass to end the game. What could have been meets what will be. Glorious.

You read my mind! Though I would throw in the lost fumble in the 4th as another source of angst.

Ivytalk
October 3rd, 2015, 11:30 AM

My wife and I will be in Ithaca next week for the Harvard game. Never seen a game at Cornell. The visitor's side looks very small. Should we suck it up and sit on the Cornell side? Won't be any problem getting good tix.

bulldog10jw
October 3rd, 2015, 11:36 AM
My wife and I will be in Ithaca next week for the Harvard game. Never seen a game at Cornell. The visitor's side looks very small. Should we suck it up and sit on the Cornell side? Won't be any problem getting good tix.

If I remember right, and I haven't been in Ithaca since '87 or '88, the crescent side had both home and visitor seating and the opposite side was strictly Cornell fans.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 11:46 AM
Yale 7-0 about 12 minute left in 1Q

Lehigh got called for a terrible PI on a 3rd and 12 that gave Yale a first down. The Yale receiver literally tackled the Lehigh DB to prevent an INT yet the DB got called. Horrific call....

carney2
October 3rd, 2015, 11:49 AM
If I remember right, and I haven't been in Ithaca since '87 or '88, the crescent side had both home and visitor seating and the opposite side was strictly Cornell fans.

It's been 20+ years for me, but as I recall, the few Cornell students who show up sit in the smaller "visitor" section. You would probably be better off on the "crescent" side.

Gate83
October 3rd, 2015, 12:05 PM

Based on Gate fans who were there last night the visitors side stands have been condemned so all the seating is on the Cornell/crescent side. And no, you won't have any trouble finding a seat.

Gater
October 3rd, 2015, 12:09 PM
That certainly seemed to be a bad call, but the ref flagged the defender for interference on the two. The camera didn't show what happened until they were in the end zone and already tangled up.

Ivytalk, the Cornell visitor stands have been condemned (or at least closed). This is not a joke. They are roped off.

bulldog10jw
October 3rd, 2015, 12:17 PM
Yale 7-0 about 12 minute left in 1Q

Lehigh got called for a terrible PI on a 3rd and 12 that gave Yale a first down. The Yale receiver literally tackled the Lehigh DB to prevent an INT yet the DB got called. Horrific call....

9 penalties in the 1st quarter, 5 on Yale, 4 on Lehigh.

Gater
October 3rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
After the first quarter, Yale and Lehigh are on pace to have a combined 36 penalties for 408 yards.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 12:22 PM
TP had his man beat on 4th down for a TD but Shafnisky missed him. Yale can grab this game by the throat on this drive...

bulldog10jw
October 3rd, 2015, 12:27 PM
TP had his man beat on 4th down for a TD but Shafnisky missed him. Yale can grab this game by the throat on this drive...

But instead, they fumble. Penalties have been a big problem this year. Now, we are adding turnovers.

Gater
October 3rd, 2015, 12:35 PM
Yale has outgained Lehigh 250-55 but only leading 13-0.

bulldog10jw
October 3rd, 2015, 12:36 PM
Yale is going to regret only putting up 13 points to this point the way they have moved the ball.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 12:36 PM
Yale 13-0 7:24 2Q

Lehigh is brutal to watch anymore. The offense is stagnant today and the defense is going to give up 30+ plus barring a bunch of Yale mistakes. Unless Belichick and Brady come out for the second half dressed in brown this is not going to end well. Yale is solid but their ceiling is only so high imo....

bulldog10jw
October 3rd, 2015, 12:49 PM
Yale is going to regret only putting up 13 points to this point the way they have moved the ball.

One big play by Lehigh and it is anybody's game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 12:53 PM
One big play by Lehigh and it is anybody's game.

LOL....xdrunkyx

LUHawker
October 3rd, 2015, 12:55 PM
Yale 13-0 7:24 2Q

Lehigh is brutal to watch anymore. The offense is stagnant today and the defense is going to give up 30+ plus barring a bunch of Yale mistakes. Unless Belichick and Brady come out for the second half dressed in brown this is not going to end well. Yale is solid but their ceiling is only so high imo....

Yes, we've fallen far. On the Lehigh board, I'm officially starting the call for Andy to go. It's time, he has underachieved. He had 2 great seasons, but that is not enough over 10 years.

bulldog10jw
October 3rd, 2015, 01:03 PM
LOL....xdrunkyx

How about one good drive?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 01:07 PM
How about one good drive?

They had one going until it ended in a miss opportunity on 4th down. I'm not sure how many dropped either INT's or receptions Lehigh has but I'm at 5 key ones combined. I have no idea how they beat Penn.....

RichH2
October 3rd, 2015, 01:09 PM
Yale complete domination in 1st half.13-0 is a miracle.O has all of 98 yds.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 01:09 PM
Meanwhile good HC showed up this week, 21-0 against Albany 6:00 2Q....

Bucknell and VMI tied at 7 in the 1st....

Southsider
October 3rd, 2015, 01:12 PM
Yes, we've fallen far. On the Lehigh board, I'm officially starting the call for Andy to go. It's time, he has underachieved. He had 2 great seasons, but that is not enough over 10 years.

Just booted up on the Outer Banks. Sun is shining, really! More doom and gloom at Goodman I see. I gave up on Coen/Shaf long ago. There was a time when I would never let my wife drag me away in the fall. No more. Still time today, of course. We'll see if they can pull it out????

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 01:12 PM
Yale complete domination in 1st half.13-0 is a miracle.O has all of 98 yds.

This is nearly as bad as that 7-0 gem in 2007? I believe Yale scored on a fake punt to win that day...

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2015, 01:19 PM
Cross just went up on Albany 27-0. They're dominating.

crusader11
October 3rd, 2015, 01:21 PM
Cross just went up on Albany 27-0. They're dominating.

This makes last week's loss to Colgate all the more disappointing.

Good to see HC bounce back, though. I still think they'll be in the mix in the PL.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 01:26 PM
Lehigh driving....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 01:28 PM
TD Lehigh! Might have got away with a block in the back near the goal line.

13-7 Yale, about 13;00 3Q

bulldog10jw
October 3rd, 2015, 01:28 PM
Like I said

RichH2
October 3rd, 2015, 01:30 PM
Bout time ,a great drive

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 01:36 PM
That could have been a 90 yard TD pass! Shaf's deep ball is still lacking...

LUHawker
October 3rd, 2015, 01:37 PM
Shaf can't pass downfield for anything!

Engineer86
October 3rd, 2015, 01:39 PM
I am sorry after leaving at the half, I have reached the point the staff needs to go.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 01:40 PM
Well I missed the safety....how that happen?

Engineer86
October 3rd, 2015, 01:41 PM
Clean snap that went right threw the punters hands

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 01:44 PM
Wow, that was crazy....Lehigh ball and it was the right call...

Engineer86
October 3rd, 2015, 01:45 PM
LFN called it Yale keeps shooting themselves in the foot

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 01:46 PM
These are two very blah teams. Tons of mistakes and missed opportunities by both sides....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 01:53 PM
TD Yale! Rushing Td right up the middle....

carney2
October 3rd, 2015, 01:56 PM
I'm guessing that the Yale coach is not a Yale graduate. Bonehead call to go for 2 there.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 01:56 PM
VMI 13 Bucknell 7 Half

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2015, 01:57 PM
I'm watching both HC and Lehigh games. Looks like there's about 50 fans combined.

carney2
October 3rd, 2015, 01:59 PM
I'm watching both HC and Lehigh games. Looks like there's about 50 fans combined.

I'm thinking ... what, 12-000-13,000 at Fisher in a few hours. Right?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 02:01 PM
Well Caslow looked like he got knocked out....

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2015, 02:01 PM
Watching the replay, I think Lehigh #5 just knocked himself out on purpose.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 02:04 PM
This team is absolutely brutal. They do NOTHING to help themselves.....

That's two inexcusable turnovers by Pelletier in two weeks. Insane...

carney2
October 3rd, 2015, 02:05 PM
Two VERY unimpressive teams.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2015, 02:06 PM
Geez, things are not going well for the dung and white today, are they?

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2015, 02:07 PM
Meanwhile, Cross all over Albany 30-0.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 02:08 PM
TD Yale after the muffed punt at the Lehigh 5. Good grief.....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 02:09 PM
and Lehigh turns a failed two point conversion for 2 points of their own...

27-9 Yale about 14;00 4Q

This game is dumpster fire....

carney2
October 3rd, 2015, 02:11 PM
The DungBoys finally have something for their highlight reel with that conversion interception.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 02:11 PM
Meanwhile, Cross all over Albany 30-0.

Thank you for saving this thread! Was just about to suggest the HC fans chime in to end the madness...

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2015, 02:12 PM
If they're going to celebrate as if they just won a title, Lehigh should be made to kick off after picking a two point try.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 02:14 PM
Shaf has a guy wide open deep in Yale territory over throws his WR just enough it gets tipped into a Yale defenders hands....

You literally can't make this up....

crusader11
October 3rd, 2015, 02:15 PM
Fire Cohen?

carney2
October 3rd, 2015, 02:15 PM
Really looking forward to November's Toilet Bowl at Badman. Let's have temps in the teens, some serious wind and some snow - the whole enchilada.

carney2
October 3rd, 2015, 02:20 PM
Fire Cohen?

Only if it comes in a package deal with Tavani. Coen + Shafnisky = Hope for the Pards.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2015, 02:21 PM
The Yale coach is one of those guys who shoves his play card down the front of his pants when he's shouting at refs or gesturing at players. I've always thought that move took a bit of an edge off one's legitimacy, but to each his own.

Lehigh'98
October 3rd, 2015, 02:22 PM
Let me guess, Yale decided to defend the screen pass today or are they not throwing it as much today?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 02:24 PM
Was only a matter of time before the snap became an issue...yikes!

Engineer86
October 3rd, 2015, 02:30 PM
Fire Cohen?

No fire Coen!

crusader11
October 3rd, 2015, 02:32 PM
Meanwhile, in Worcester, HC is thrashing Albany, 37-0.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2015, 02:33 PM
Cross now up 37-0. Rest of the league probably should be taking note.

carney2
October 3rd, 2015, 02:35 PM
The Feathered F___-Ups took some serious time off the clock on that drive. At this rate they'd need 5, maybe 6, more quarters to get back in this.

PAllen
October 3rd, 2015, 02:39 PM
Bubble screen, run to the opposite side, attempt a pass over the middle 8-10yds down field, punt. Yeah, that's really hard to defend. The Yale dbs have been jumping the bubble screen all day. With no threat of a down field completion, there is no running game. Add that LU's D can't make a tackle until the fourth guy gets there and dbs that suck.

This team is playing flat again. If Coen loses to Lafayette, he needs to go.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2015, 02:41 PM
Has Albany played this way all season, or did they just pick this weekend to jump the shark?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 02:44 PM
It's painful to watch a team who can't drive the ball downfield...

carney2
October 3rd, 2015, 02:45 PM
Has Albany played this way all season, or did they just pick this weekend to jump the shark?

They are 2-2 and, based on the scores, have been nothing special.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 02:48 PM
Pelletier is a legit talent but needs to stop making key mistakes...

carney2
October 3rd, 2015, 02:50 PM
I have Texas Tech @ Baylor on and it appears that the Baylor AD purchased those hideous gray uniforms that Lafayette wore in their infamous 2011 no-show game at Badman.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 02:52 PM
Yale 27 Lehigh 12 Final

That was about as bad as it gets.

VMI 13 Bucknell 7 13;15 4Q

carney2
October 3rd, 2015, 02:55 PM
This crap game is mercifully over.

Southsider
October 3rd, 2015, 03:01 PM
And they all deserve it!

Bubble screen, run to the opposite side, attempt a pass over the middle 8-10yds down field, punt. Yeah, that's really hard to defend. The Yale dbs have been jumping the bubble screen all day. With no threat of a down field completion, there is no running game. Add that LU's D can't make a tackle until the fourth guy gets there and dbs that suck.

This team is playing flat again. If Coen loses to Lafayette, he needs to go.

NEEDS TO GO REGARDLESS! Once again, it looked like men against boys. Time for Sterrett to go as well. No fire in anybody's belly any longer. The whole program looks "JV" (to borrow a quote from the truest JV out there). Looking like 2-5 going into G Town.

Neighbor2
October 3rd, 2015, 03:15 PM
And they all deserve it!

NEEDS TO GO REGARDLESS! Once again, it looked like men against boys. Time for Sterrett to go as well. No fire in anybody's belly any longer. The whole program looks "JV" (to borrow a quote from the truest JV out there). Looking like 2-5 going into G Town.

ABSOLUTELY! The list of excuses is exhausted. It's time for a total rebuild. The program is in enough disarray, changing a few minor pieces will do nothing. Sterrett's interest this late in his career COULD be about the only thing that keeps this ship afloat. That massive Yankee Stadium fail was a predictor of this mediocrity. Too bad the Lehigh management choose to do nothing to give new 'life' to the effort, if only cosmetic. There's hope, we DID get a new announcer.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 03:18 PM
Bucknell just scored...

20-19 Bison 5:02 4Q

PAllen
October 3rd, 2015, 03:35 PM
Pelletier is a legit talent but needs to stop making key mistakes...

And needs somebody who can get him the ball more than 15yds down the field. Shaf on pass plays has been: 1st read is covered, take off running, if that's covered, throw it away.

Franks Tanks
October 3rd, 2015, 03:39 PM
Lafayette and Lehigh both stink so bad right now. Both programs desperately need a fresh start. Gate, Cross and Bucknell aren't great but are solid teams.

Lafayette has Fordham and Harvard coming up. Both teams will kick our ass, and we will have to hear 600 excuses. Field a competent team already. Also the AD is the worst, and will probably just promote one of the assistants do he won't have to do much work.

crusader11
October 3rd, 2015, 03:39 PM
Bucknell going to OT at VMI.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2015, 03:44 PM
Looks like Lehigh is gonna need its own version . . .

http://i61.tinypic.com/2v1w68g.jpg

Fordham
October 3rd, 2015, 03:45 PM
Congrats Cross!!! Great win against a CAA squad.

Franks Tanks
October 3rd, 2015, 03:47 PM
Also the weather isn't too bad. I really want to go to a football game, but I just can't bring myself to witness the debacle tonight in person. I will listen to Gary and Mike make excuses for Frank for a bit, and then change the channel.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 03:48 PM
Bucknell wins 28-22 in OT....

crusader11
October 3rd, 2015, 03:48 PM
Bucknell wins, 28-22.

A very unimpressive 3-1 team.

Andy
October 3rd, 2015, 03:55 PM
Friday, 10/2
COLGATE @ Cornell - within a TD
GEORGETOWN @ Harvard - no contest

Saturday, 10/3
Yale @ LEHIGH - Eli's in a route
Albany @ HOLY CROSS - Cross surprises
BUCKNELL @ VMI - BU in a close game
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE - Picking Rams only because when I abandoned my guys last week, they won! That's the ONLY reason....;)

RichH2
October 3rd, 2015, 03:58 PM
Looks like Lehigh is gonna need its own version . . .

http://i61.tinypic.com/2v1w68g.jpg
Yup. One of the creative guys needs to come uo with a moniker for Folmar or Coen.

Andy
October 3rd, 2015, 04:09 PM
I'm waiting for the "we matched up talent wise with Yale" and "the talent gap wasn't very wide" from the Lehighs. Or maybe a week after P reality has set in. Heading over to Fisher , want to see how accurate LFN's 76-10 FU prediction will be.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2015, 04:21 PM
that Frankasaurus never gets old. Funny as hell

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2015, 04:32 PM
I'm waiting for the "we matched up talent wise with Yale" and "the talent gap wasn't very wide" from the Lehighs. Or maybe a week after P reality has set in. Heading over to Fisher , want to see how accurate LFN's 76-10 FU prediction will be.

I picked a 63-13 win for Fordham. However I'm 0-3 today, so feel free to hope.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2015, 04:37 PM
I picked a 63-13 win for Fordham. However I'm 0-3 today, so feel free to hope.

Thanks for nothing, LFN

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2015, 05:15 PM
Thanks for nothing, LFN

My curse is in full tilt. Fordham with an inexplicably stupid lateral on the opening kickoff and Lafayette scores on the first offensive play of the game.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2015, 06:00 PM
My curse is in full tilt. Fordham with an inexplicably stupid lateral on the opening kickoff and Lafayette scores on the first offensive play of the game.

ugly ugly start for both, but especially us. I can't believe that Reed doesn't throw away more balls. I understand him hanging on but he's clearly outside of the tackles and still just eats it and takes the loss

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 06:09 PM
Edmonds with a long TD run. The flood gates feel like they're about to open...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 06:16 PM
...and the route is on. The Fordham OL is mauling the Pard front 7.

21-7 Fordham about 10:00 2Q

Doc QB
October 3rd, 2015, 06:17 PM
We didnt match up. All of our WR are skinny dudes while the DBs look like short DIII players who never lifted weights. Our DL has one guy w beef, and he's outta position at DE and cant contain on read option or sweep action. Our NG nad other DE are undersized, one should be an LB. our MLB should be a SS. Yale looked more athletic and stronger across the board, as did PU and JMU. We looked most like UPenn dimension/athlete wise. We gave Princeton turnovers and they made us pay, as a good team will. We finally got turnovers from our non-tackling defense and we didnt do squat with it.

No we dont match up and it disgusts me.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2015, 06:17 PM
Maybe I'll be right on that Lafayette game after all...

Southsider
October 3rd, 2015, 06:42 PM
So, what I want to know is which one of you LU alums will make your feelings known, where it counts???? I see Sterrett at the local Dunkin Donuts every so often. I will let him know in no uncertain terms that his program stinks, and that as a LOYAL FAN for 45 years, I EXPECT BETTER! I can assure you he will just look the other way and not engage me. It's show me time!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2015, 06:43 PM
Tavani at half finally discovering what Lehigh fans have known for years about his Leopard football team... "We stink... Disgusting"

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 06:45 PM
The end of the half for LC was brutal. They drive down the field, get to the Fordham 3 then get called for a blatant pick at the goal line which forces them to settle for a FG that ultimately gets blocked....

21-7 Fordham at half....

Franks Tanks
October 3rd, 2015, 06:55 PM
Tavani at half finally discovering what Lehigh fans have known for years about his Leopard football team... "We stink... Disgusting"

You guys stink just as bad.

We do stink. I love Frank, but it is time for him to collect his gold watch. 4 league championships, 150, and many memorable games, but it is time. Frank has heart issues, take care of yourself.

There is talent on the roster, but a fresh start and an attitude adjustment is needed.

Doc QB
October 3rd, 2015, 06:59 PM
You guys stink just as bad.

We do stink. I love Frank, but it is time for him to collect his gold watch. 4 league championships, 150, and many memorable games, but it is time. Frank has heart issues, take care of yourself.

There is talent on the roster, but a fresh start and an attitude adjustment is needed.
Tanks, based on last few years, we're better at stinking than you.

Wow, an all time , new LU-LC competitive low...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2015, 07:07 PM
Something happened to the video feed, but nothing happened to Fordham's offense, who just connected on a 71 yard pass play to go up 28-7.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2015, 07:19 PM
Sadly it's looking like my 63-13 prediction won't come true unless Fordham gets a pick six or two.

RichH2
October 3rd, 2015, 07:20 PM
Tanks, based on last few years, we're better at stinking than you.

Wow, an all time , new LU-LC competitive low...
Hell,we gotta beat'em at something :)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2015, 07:22 PM
Sadly it's looking like my 63-13 prediction won't come true unless Fordham gets a pick six or two.

You might see that score in 3 weeks....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2015, 07:27 PM
Now 35-7 Fordham with 5:35 left in the 3Q. Outside chance at breaking 60, but again I need those defensive touchdowns.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2015, 07:28 PM
With Chase Edmonds butting up against 183 yards rushing, looks like the Valley very possibly will yield two 200 yard rushers on the same day. Lehigh already allowed 200 yards to Yale's Deshawn Salter earlier today.

hawkineer
October 3rd, 2015, 07:39 PM
With Chase Edmonds butting up against 183 yards rushing, looks like the Valley very possibly will yield two 200 yard rushers on the same day. Lehigh already allowed 200 yards to Yale's Deshawn Salter earlier today.
Lehigh allowed a back up do it today. At least the spotted puddy cats are having it done to them by a prime time player.xmadx

Sader87
October 3rd, 2015, 07:54 PM
Holy Cross won 37-0 today...haven't seen and yes, I'm a little shocked.

Go...gate
October 3rd, 2015, 09:34 PM

Great win - congratulations!

Andy
October 3rd, 2015, 10:41 PM

You can use it again when you play them.

Andy
October 3rd, 2015, 10:50 PM
Frank screaming at Clayton after both of the blocked FGs was unfortunate. Not a couple of his finest moments. I agree retirement is coming at the right time. As is a good QB recruit.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2015, 10:58 PM
Frank screaming at Clayton after both of the blocked FGs was unfortunate. Not a couple of his finest moments. I agree retirement is coming at the right time. As is a good QB recruit.

Is that what happened? Heard someone yelling at someone headed into half "get it fixed!"

Blocked is being nice. More like smothered. Not even close. Like kicking into a wall.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2015, 11:04 PM
Was at both games today. Lehigh had chances but still very undisciplined.

Pards are terrible. We had a shot to make this a game. Seriously. And tried hard to give it away. Ball at the three and first and goal. Nothing. And we would have had the ball at half. That was the game. D was making stops.

I left early in the 4th. I never leave early.

I sat through hurricanes.
I sat through a snowstorm.
I sat through Lehigh 2011.
Can't sit through this. It's not fun anymore.

RichH2
October 3rd, 2015, 11:15 PM
Bout time one of us got shocked pleasantly :)
Congrats on the W

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Yale/Lehigh Game Recap:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/on-cold-dreary-homecoming-lehigh.html

carney2
October 4th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Can't sit through this. It's not fun anymore.

Agreed. I don't "sit through this" anymore. I have yet to drive the 25 miles to Fisher this year (and I have season tickets) to watch absolute crap. I cannot support what does not deserve to be supported. If they don't care (and apparently no one cares enough to fix things - it's way beyond 6 losing seasons; it's decades of incompetence), why should I?

CFBfan
October 4th, 2015, 09:33 AM
killable, where are you?????? what happened to the "heart" that was gonna foster a championship season??????

Neighbor2
October 4th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Agreed. I don't "sit through this" anymore. I have yet to drive the 25 miles to Fisher this year (and I have season tickets) to watch absolute crap. I cannot support what does not deserve to be supported. If they don't care (and apparently no one cares enough to fix things - it's way beyond 6 losing seasons; it's decades of incompetence), why should I?

How much we agree about mediocre college football effort!

Both Lehigh and Lafayette are sinking into Muhlenberg/Moravian territory, rather than rising to James Madison and Villanova. Frankly, I don't believe Lehigh or Lafayette could handle the top tier teams in national Division 3 play. Amazingly, both school administrations seem content to just watch the slide happen. This will be the first year in many decades I won't be attending a Lehigh game in person, and I LIVE ACROSS THE STREET from Goodman Campus! It's just not appealing anymore.

There are far too many games available on big screen, 4K TV that reflect serious commitment, and have better storylines that are promoted all week long. I've even spent several weekends out of town enjoying SEC on-campus festivities, where I felt like a 'kid in a candy store' once again. We still tune-in to Lehigh broadcasts, but usually go someplace else before the fourth quarter. Too depressing.

But, we're talking Lehigh and Lafayette here. Two institutions with all the answers. Just ask them.

hawkineer
October 4th, 2015, 01:20 PM
How much we agree about mediocre college football effort!

Both Lehigh and Lafayette are sinking into Muhlenberg/Moravian territory, rather than rising to James Madison and Villanova.

Just cuz we're all frustrated, there is no reason to bad mouth Muhlehberg and Moravian! ;-)

Engineer86
October 4th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Sadly, I relate to Carney and Neighbor. It is a five minute drive for me, and the discuss for what LU is accepting from this staff really makes me question why I spend my time and money to support. I left yesterday at the half completely disgusted with what I watched. Just sad for both programs. Carney, this should make you feel a little better, think how we felt walking out of Yankee Stadium.

Southsider
October 4th, 2015, 03:37 PM

I live close to Goodman so I still go. Not sure why! I remember having the same feelings after Whitehead retired and Likens railroaded everyone into the Colonial League w/o playoff participation. I mean, what's the point? I think that move was a killer. Just wasn't the same. Then, LU fans had to endure the Hank Small days. The "toughness" was gone. Higgins did a nice job, really. The guy was full of piss & vinegar!! His player responded!! I do agree with someone who pointed out earlier that L & L can turn things around pretty quickly with the right hires. Hopefully some of us are around to see it!

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Think how we felt walking out of Yankee Stadium.
A thought that will give me everlasting pleasure. It's just how it is. xcoolx

jimbo65
October 5th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Hang in there. Your quote is almost verbatim to quotes on the Fordham Basketball Board yet this season we have a new coach, supposedly some good recruits and a fresh shot of hope.

crusader11
October 5th, 2015, 10:17 AM

With Albany missing key players due to injury and trouble with johnny law, Albany was a perfect team to play!