PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 4

carney2
September 20th, 2015, 09:15 AM
We are beginning to separate the haves from the have nots with some surprises both ways.

And we get our first League game of the year.

COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS
GEORGETOWN @ Columbia
Monmouth @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ Princeton
LAFAYETTE @ Wagner

Bye: BUCKNELL

GAME OF THE WEEK: COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS – Some answers in the battle for second place.

OOC:
Total: 8-12
vs. AAC: 0-1
vs. Big South: 1-0
vs. CAA: 0-6
vs. FBS Independent: 1-0
vs. Ivy: 3-3
vs. NEC: 1-2
vs. Pioneer: 2-0

Gangtackle11
September 20th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Last Week: 5-2 Overall Record: 15-5

COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS
GEORGETOWN @ Columbia
Monmouth @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ Princeton
LAFAYETTE @ Wagner

ngineer
September 20th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Going with home field advantage with Holy Cross. Plus, Colgate seems to be somewhat in disarray right now, though it seems they have talent to win this game. Crusaders 27-21.

Columbia surprised Fordham with some real competition. Possibly taken lightly. Should give the Powder Blues some confidence they can play and that's not good for the Hoyas. Somehow, I think the Hoyas hang on in a thriller, in OT, 33-30.

Monmouth with some talent, but not on Fordham's level, yet. Rams try to bolster their cred. FU 38-24.

Toughest pick imo. Hard to tell if Princeton that good or Laughyette that bad. Lehigh offense continues to put up good numbers, but defense is, again, worrisome with a number of injuries. This might be adjusted later this week based upon who can travel to Old Nassau, but assuming Cavenas and Bourgois can play, I will go with the Lehigh 34-31.

Lafayette seems to have major injury issues, as well and the egg laid at Fisher Saturday night was rotten with an odor that could carry over. Don't know much about Wagner, but they have been on the upswing recently, so I will go with the home team, 28-17.

carney2
September 20th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Everyone except Fordham involved in "measuring stick" games this week.

Colgate @ Holy Cross - Mano a mano, the ultimate measurement.
Georgetown @ Columbia - Will someone begin to shake the bottom feeder label?
Lehigh @ Princeton - Looks like the first real test for the Squawkineers.
Lafayette @ Wagner - Pards should be better than an apparently so-so NEC team, but are they?

jimbo65
September 20th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Columbia, attended the game v. Fordham and the Lions played hard throughout.

Lehigh

Fordham

Holy Cross

Wagner

World
September 20th, 2015, 01:19 PM
COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS
GEORGETOWN @ Columbia
Monmouth @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ Princeton
LAFAYETTE @ Wagner

PAllen
September 20th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Home teams across the board. Colgate has the talent to win, but give the edge to HC at home. Gerogetown should win, but Al's got to break the streak sometime, and this is the game to do it. Fordham, because well, it's Fordham at home against a cupcake. Princeton because they always play Lehigh tough, Lehigh's not that good this year, and they're do. Wagner because it's not a league game, so Tavani and company don't really care.

Fordham
September 20th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Home teams across the board. Colgate has the talent to win, but give the edge to HC at home. Gerogetown should win, but Al's got to break the streak sometime, and this is the game to do it. Fordham, because well, it's Fordham at home against a cupcake. Princeton because they always play Lehigh tough, Lehigh's not that good this year, and they're do. Wagner because it's not a league game, so Tavani and company don't really care.
Is Monmouth really a cupcake? I don't know them but they seemed to give HC a good fight, who in turn gave Towson all they could handle. We have such a young team that I'm not sure we have learned that lesson to bring it every game. I could see us coming out flat in this one. Hopefully we don't or else, if we do, we can hold on and win.

Ivytalk
September 20th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Agree on home team sweep. Columbia breaks the streak!

bonarae
September 20th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Fordham
Princeton
Lafayette

DFW HOYA
September 20th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Week 4 on the calendar:

Columbia over Georgetown: Bagnoli had this one circled on the calendar from day one. OL injuries a growing problem for Hoyas.
Holy Cross over Colgate: Home field advantage in a game that finishes close.
Fordham over Monmouth: Fordham defense to bounce back in a big way.
Princeton over Lehigh: Another win for the Ivy.
Lafayette over Wagner: Leopards prevail with a late TD for the win.

Pard4Life
September 20th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Monmouth is no cupcake. Not great, not bad. Scholarship team. Fordham should win but Monmouth is good enough to capitalize upon mistakes and win.

ngineer
September 20th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Is Monmouth really a cupcake? I don't know them but they seemed to give HC a good fight, who in turn gave Towson all they could handle. We have such a young team that I'm not sure we have learned that lesson to bring it every game. I could see us coming out flat in this one. Hopefully we don't or else, if we do, we can hold on and win.

Correct. I would not consider Monmouth a 'cupcake'. They usually have some top notch athletes that can cause problems. Fordham should win, but they can't overlook MU or they'll have cupcake on their face.

Ramblin' Man
September 20th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Colgate over Holy Cross. Should be close, my heart rules this pick
Columbia over Georgetown. The Lions showed heart against my Rams on Saturday
Princeton over Lehigh. Home advantage makes the difference here
Wagner over Lafayette. This is not the Leopard's year
FORDHAM over Monmouth. But this could well be closer than many think.

carney2
September 21st, 2015, 08:23 AM
COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS – Mystery vs. question mark. Going with a gutless “home team” call.

GEORGETOWN @ Columbia – Lions apparently came to play vs. Fordham. If they can do it two weeks in a row, then Bagnoli may be Miracle Man and make them a 2 or 3 win team.

Monmouth @ FORDHAM – Cannot pick against the Rams. Monmouth is not a cupcake as some have stated, but when put on the field with Fordham it will look a lot like picking over the pastries.

LEHIGH @ Princeton – The Squawkers think this will be competitive. For the sake of our downtrodden League I hope they’re right. Realistically however, if the same bunch of Tiggers shows up this week that played in Easton this past Saturday, this will be a blowout.

LAFAYETTE @ Wagner – Pards should be able to handle this, but they honestly don’t look engaged enough to beat the Bryn Mawr JV bowling team at the moment.

RichH2
September 21st, 2015, 08:37 AM
Home team bias seems the trend of the week. So far I have been mundane at 13-7. Undecided whether to follow the crowd or use my dart board. I will ponder the match ups after seeing who is on IR for Lehigh.

Lehigh'98
September 21st, 2015, 08:39 AM
Colgate - HC - Both teams have an incredible knack of finding inventive ways to lose. No lean here, just a shot in the dark w Gate.
G'town - Columbia - I've seen some life from G'town at times the last few yrs. not so w/ the Lions.
Monmouth - Fordham - Possible look ahead spot for Fordham..hahahahahahahahaha nevermind, just checked the rest of their schedule.
Lehigh @ Princeton - 3 years of schollies and the top of the Ivies still has better athletes than the PL. Terrible recruiting jobs thus far minus Fordham.
Lafayette @ Wagner - Appropriate that this game is played on top of a foul smelling landfill that is Staten Island.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2015, 09:16 AM
There's a lot of show-me games on this schedule, but Lehigh/Princeton should tell us a lot about what to expect from the Brown and White the rest of this year. A loss to Princeton probably wouldn't be the end of the world, but a win would give Lehigh a lot of confidence going through the rest of their season, given how Princeton destroyed Lafayette last weekend.

I tried to scout out Princeton on the PLN feed, but between the choppy feed and the lackluster Lafayette play it was awfully hard to judge the Tigers.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2015, 10:08 AM
One of the secret reasons why the Patriot League wanted to adopt scholarships is to develop the sort of depth that used to not be available, supposedly, in the need-based limited aid era. Yet it seems this year that injuries all across the league are up, and depth issues are a question everywhere. Lafayette's RB and DBs are a list of the walking wounded. Lehigh is down to its 3rd rover and much of the defense has been severely dinged up. Bucknell and Colgate seem to have been affected by it, too.

Is this just me or does the number of injuries seem to be up across the league? Cross and Fordham fans chiming in would be helpful. It seems like both of those teams have been less affected by injury than the others, though I could be wrong.

crusader11
September 21st, 2015, 10:17 AM
Is this just me or does the number of injuries seem to be up across the league? Cross and Fordham fans chiming in would be helpful. It seems like both of those teams have been less affected by injury than the others, though I could be wrong.

HC has played two games, while others have played three, so that definitely is a factor for the "injury bug."

Fortunately, HC has been pretty healthy thus far.

Don't think many teams have it as bad as ND football. Yeesh.

eiu1999
September 21st, 2015, 10:22 AM
Colgate @ Holy Cross
Georgetown @ Columbia
Monmouth @ Fordham
Lehigh@ Princeton
Lafayette @ Wagner

Fordham
September 21st, 2015, 10:49 AM
Is this just me or does the number of injuries seem to be up across the league? Cross and Fordham fans chiming in would be helpful. It seems like both of those teams have been less affected by injury than the others, though I could be wrong.Not sure for how long but we lost All American OG, Mayweather, this past weekend. Will hear back early this week on what it is and for how long he's expected to be out. Other than that, we have been surprisingly healthy compared to our last few seasons where Nebrich was tough but gimpy and we lost PL DPOY, Stephen Hodge, in camp, etc.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 21st, 2015, 11:13 AM
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Fordham
Princeton
Wagner

Bucknell will be at Wednesday Lewisburg Farmers' Market, looking for some fresh offense. They thought that they had the ingredients...

Bill
September 21st, 2015, 11:22 AM
I had a better 5-2 week last time out...happy I was wrong about Lehigh losing...and have considerable egg on my face regarding Lafayette and Princeton. Now I'm a rather lame 13-7 over all. On to week 4:

Colgate @ Holy Cross - Colgate in a squeaker, 23-21.
Georgetown @ Columbia - give Bagnoli some admissions help, support, and time...and watch out Ivy League:) Columbia, 17-13.
Monmouth @ Fordham - Rams, 41-24.
Lehigh@ Princeton...uggh. Yes, I will pick against LU again. Princeton, 38-32.
Lafayette @ Wagner - Lafayette bounces back, 3-2.

RichH2
September 21st, 2015, 11:38 AM
One of the secret reasons why the Patriot League wanted to adopt scholarships is to develop the sort of depth that used to not be available, supposedly, in the need-based limited aid era. Yet it seems this year that injuries all across the league are up, and depth issues are a question everywhere. Lafayette's RB and DBs are a list of the walking wounded. Lehigh is down to its 3rd rover and much of the defense has been severely dinged up. Bucknell and Colgate seem to have been affected by it, too.

Pards have been really hurt this year. Much like us last year. At least for us,schollies have improved depth . While we have had some injuries each week,most have not been season ending. The new off season conditioing program seems to have worked so far. No clue as to why PL apparently suffering a higher injury rate.

RichH2
September 21st, 2015, 11:59 AM
FWIW
BASSETT
80-90
Fordham by 14
60-70
Wagner by 7
Cross. by 7
Hoyas. by 10
Tigers by 7
MASSEY
Wagner. 21-17
Tigers. 34-27
Hoyas. 28-20
Fordham 34-24
Cross. 21-17

ngineer
September 21st, 2015, 12:55 PM
If we can be within a score of Princeton then anything can happen. Need to be TO free and minimal penalties, which really slowed us down v. Penn.

JimboCBA72
September 21st, 2015, 02:02 PM
Not sure for how long but we lost All American OG, Mayweather, this past weekend. Will hear back early this week on what it is and for how long he's expected to be out. Other than that, we have been surprisingly healthy compared to our last few seasons where Nebrich was tough but gimpy and we lost PL DPOY, Stephen Hodge, in camp, etc.

Rams also lost starting safety Caleb Ham to a shoulder. Not sure for how long

DFW HOYA
September 21st, 2015, 02:13 PM
Don't think many teams have it as bad as ND football. Yeesh.

After three weeks, TCU has lost seven defensive starters to injury from the opening game's lineup.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2015, 02:22 PM
So is this number of injuries par for the course, up significantly from past seasons, or simply reflective of increased injuries in all of college football? As DFW and others have pointed out, the PL isn't the only league with injuries.

KillaBee
September 21st, 2015, 02:54 PM
COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS – Mystery vs. question mark. Going with a gutless “home team” call.

GEORGETOWN @ Columbia – Lions apparently came to play vs. Fordham. If they can do it two weeks in a row, then Bagnoli may be Miracle Man and make them a 2 or 3 win team.

Monmouth @ FORDHAM – Cannot pick against the Rams. Monmouth is not a cupcake as some have stated, but when put on the field with Fordham it will look a lot like picking over the pastries.

LEHIGH @ Princeton – The Squawkers think this will be competitive. For the sake of our downtrodden League I hope they’re right. Realistically however, if the same bunch of Tiggers shows up this week that played in Easton this past Saturday, this will be a blowout.

LAFAYETTE @ Wagner – Pards should be able to handle this, but they honestly don’t look engaged enough to beat the Bryn Mawr JV bowling team at the moment.

Lafayette will beat Wagner by 19 points. Bet your bottom dollar. It will be the beginning of great success this season. Turn this train around and lets WIN WIN WIN....

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2015, 03:04 PM
Lafayette will beat Wagner by 19 points. Bet your bottom dollar. It will be the beginning of great success this season. Turn this train around and lets WIN WIN WIN....

Following your betting advice is a sure path to bankruptcy.

Go...gate
September 22nd, 2015, 12:13 AM
Saying the same thing I was saying this time last year - not a promising sign.

Colgate needs to win a damn game, or an 0-3 start could become much, much worse. Five of the last eight are on the road, and we get Fordham, Lehigh and Bucknell at home.

Ramblin' Man
September 22nd, 2015, 12:41 AM
Rams also lost starting safety Caleb Ham to a shoulder. Not sure for how long
We'll just have to wait and see the extent of the injuries to Mayweather and Ham and hope for quick recoveries for both players.

I was impressed with preseason conditioning this year. It showed, as we came out of two very tough games with Army and Villanova in great shape with no serious injuries.

Pards Rule
September 22nd, 2015, 06:49 AM
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Fordham
Princeton
Wagner

Bucknell will be at Wednesday Lewisburg Farmers' Market, looking for some fresh offense. They thought that they had the ingredients...

Or better yet at the new Giant that opened at the old Penn Furniture site. I saw that in final stages of completion there in July whilst staying at Bucknell West and hacking at Bucknell Golf Club.

CFBfan
September 22nd, 2015, 08:18 AM

little-bee-with-no-stinger is either intoxicated every time he posts or is out to haunt carney

crusader11
September 22nd, 2015, 09:36 AM
Here's what Vegas is saying:

Holy Cross -4.5
Lehigh +10.5
Lafayette +3.5
Georgetown -6
Fordham -14.5

At first blush, Princeton and Goergetown seem to be getting too much respect here. I also don't think Fordham covers that 2+ TD spread. HC and Lafayette lines look right.

Fordham
September 22nd, 2015, 09:54 AM
Here's what Vegas is saying:

Holy Cross -4.5
Lehigh +10.5
Lafayette +3.5
Georgetown -6
Fordham -14.5

At first blush, Princeton and Goergetown seem to be getting too much respect here. I also don't think Fordham covers that 2+ TD spread. HC and Lafayette lines look right.
Did you watch the Monmouth HC game? Curious as to what their strengths are

DatDude
September 22nd, 2015, 09:59 AM
Is Princeton that good, or was Lafayette that bad??? 10 points favorites????? Give me LU and the points, i think a shootout if anything.

DatDude
September 22nd, 2015, 10:01 AM
Columbia pick up their first win in 2 yrs. Bags get a $100,000 bonus for every win, so he wont get it again until next yr when they play GU xcoffeex

ColgateTD
September 22nd, 2015, 10:16 AM
Colgate - No confidence in this vote, but the winning's gotta start somewhere, why not Worchester?
G'town - Even the Hoyas gotta be better that the Lions
Fordham - Rams in a cakewalk (hummm)
Princeton - It's amazing what the Tigers can do on their home turf. LU hasn't got its groove back yet.
Lafayette - Time for the Pards to pull out all the stops...(what stops?)

6-1 so far (missed Week 1)

KillaBee
September 22nd, 2015, 11:19 AM
little-bee-with-no-stinger is either intoxicated every time he posts or is out to haunt carney

Gooo Leopards!!!! I am a positive person and understand the Patriot League is not the SEC.. I keep it all in perspective. I want them to WIN, so I believe they will. I am a college football fan just like everyone else on this site.. GOOOOO LEOPARDS!!!!! I would never haunt a fellow Pard fan!!!!! GOOOO PARDS!!!! The Leopards by 19.. take it too the house!!!

carney2
September 22nd, 2015, 11:30 AM
Is Princeton that good, or was Lafayette that bad??? 10 points favorites?????

A good question. Many in Pardland will be watching the Squawks game closely for the answer. I think it may be both. Princeton brought a lot to Easton on Saturday. On the other hand, some on the Lafayette board are saying that this looked like yet another of Tavani's too frequent "no show" games. If so, that's well over a dozen since 2009. (I used to be able to rattle them off, but when it reached the point that I had to take off my shoes to keep counting, I gave up.) Luckily for my sanity I did not see any of the Princeton debacle - not even the Sunday morning replay.

In Lafayette's defense, the injuries have become freakishly overwhelming. The no. 1 RB went down during Friday evening walk throughs. A senior OL came back after missing the first two games and immediately broke his hand. Both freshman safeties who were thrown in way before they had a clue because of injuries, are now injured themselves. Add to that the fact that the Pards have been way in over their heads so far with 2 CAAs and The Curse to contend with, and ...

Gater
September 22nd, 2015, 11:41 AM
KillaBee has never had Lafayette favored by so few points. This has to be a concern in Easton.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 22nd, 2015, 11:54 AM
Lehigh and Lafayette can rightfully say that the other would have the same record with the same opponents. (Laf over CCSU and Penn, losing to JMU? Very possible. Lehigh losing to Bill&Mary, Delaware, Princeton? Very possible.) With Wagner acting as a proxy for CCSU (i.e. a middle-of-the-road NEC team) and Lehigh playing Princeton, it will be easier for Lehigh and Lafayette, at least, to compare and see how close they might be.

In that sense both games are big. If Lafayette loses big to Wagner, panic at the disco, compounded if Lehigh beats Princeton. If Lafayette beats Wagner and Princeton blows out Lehigh by two scores or more, Lehigh/Lafayette could be seen as pretty much at the same level.

Colgate/Cross by definition is big because it's a league game, and historically they've played some big games against each other. Must win for both, really.

G'Town/Columbia is big because it's a chance for Hoyas to win a game they should win as a part of the Patriot League. PL schools should expect to beat Columbia. However....

Fordham simply in a trap weekend. Monmouth ain't bad, but Fordham should have way more horses than Monmouth.

Fordham
September 22nd, 2015, 11:56 AM
The no. 1 RB went down during Friday evening walk throughs. ...

What?!?. How does that happen?

carney2
September 22nd, 2015, 01:17 PM
What?!?. How does that happen?

It is truly unbelievable. Offensive linemen and defensive backs are almost literally down to who(m)ever has enough flex in their knees and elbows to get their uniforms on. The no. 2 RB went down during the Princeton game, so now that position is manned by a freshman and ... somebody else. QB seems to be the only position not affected - so far. Big debate: is it poor conditioning, or the field turf, or just the latest iteration of The Curse?

Southsider
September 22nd, 2015, 02:32 PM
Gooo Leopards!!!! I am a positive person and understand the Patriot League is not the SEC.. I keep it all in perspective. I want them to WIN, so I believe they will. I am a college football fan just like everyone else on this site.. GOOOOO LEOPARDS!!!!! I would never haunt a fellow Pard fan!!!!! GOOOO PARDS!!!! The Leopards by 19.. take it too the house!!!

Yep, must be a Leopard.......xlolx

Pards Rule
September 22nd, 2015, 03:06 PM

I'll have what he's having! And like it! We need some pep in Pardland and thanks for bringing it KillaBee. Nice to meet ya too! Hey I will take a Pard win by 10! I watched that Wagner game last year and that was one of - if not the most - physical game I saw in person.

Andy
September 22nd, 2015, 04:10 PM
COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS - Colgate takes a step down in competition from their first three. I'm sticking with them, but....
GEORGETOWN @ Columbia - Lions get a win in Bags' home opener.
Monmouth @ FORDHAM - Rams by 24 or so.
LEHIGH @ Princeton - P is very good. Won't be outscored. P in 40s, LU in mid 20s.
LAFAYETTE @ Wagner - LC announced today that another OL (Staudle, their most experienced) will be out 3-4 weeks (undisclosed injury). Pards have 7 OL practicing, good chance 3 fr will start. RB will be a fr and a fr eligible backup. OL the big problem. Can't pick Pards against an experienced Wagner team. But, I'll be there cheering them on. Wagner.

Fordham
September 22nd, 2015, 04:56 PM
Oh Andy. Never thought I'd see the day when you'd be making that pick

CFBfan
September 22nd, 2015, 05:00 PM
I'll have what he's having! And like it! We need some pep in Pardland and thanks for bringing it KillaBee. Nice to meet ya too! Hey I will take a Pard win by 10! I watched that Wagner game last year and that was one of - if not the most - physical game I saw in person.

I'm thinking that you'd take a Pard win by ONE!

Andy
September 22nd, 2015, 07:07 PM
Oh Andy. Never thought I'd see the day when you'd be making that pick

It pains me, Fordham. And, now that I've failed the loyalty test, you and I know what's gonna happen...;)

PAllen
September 22nd, 2015, 07:50 PM
A good question. Many in Pardland will be watching the Squawks game closely for the answer. I think it may be both. Princeton brought a lot to Easton on Saturday. On the other hand, some on the Lafayette board are saying that this looked like yet another of Tavani's too frequent "no show" games. If so, that's well over a dozen since 2009. (I used to be able to rattle them off, but when it reached the point that I had to take off my shoes to keep counting, I gave up.) Luckily for my sanity I did not see any of the Princeton debacle - not even the Sunday morning replay.

In Lafayette's defense, the injuries have become freakishly overwhelming. The no. 1 RB went down during Friday evening walk throughs. A senior OL came back after missing the first two games and immediately broke his hand. Both freshman safeties who were thrown in way before they had a clue because of injuries, are now injured themselves. Add to that the fact that the Pards have been way in over their heads so far with 2 CAAs and The Curse to contend with, and ...

Perhaps Frank needs to revisit the definition of walk through.

ngineer
September 22nd, 2015, 08:43 PM
Lehigh and Lafayette can rightfully say that the other would have the same record with the same opponents. (Laf over CCSU and Penn, losing to JMU? Very possible. Lehigh losing to Bill&Mary, Delaware, Princeton? Very possible.) With Wagner acting as a proxy for CCSU (i.e. a middle-of-the-road NEC team) and Lehigh playing Princeton, it will be easier for Lehigh and Lafayette, at least, to compare and see how close they might be.

In that sense both games are big. If Lafayette loses big to Wagner, panic at the disco, compounded if Lehigh beats Princeton. If Lafayette beats Wagner and Princeton blows out Lehigh by two scores or more, Lehigh/Lafayette could be seen as pretty much at the same level.

Colgate/Cross by definition is big because it's a league game, and historically they've played some big games against each other. Must win for both, really.

G'Town/Columbia is big because it's a chance for Hoyas to win a game they should win as a part of the Patriot League. PL schools should expect to beat Columbia. However....

Fordham simply in a trap weekend. Monmouth ain't bad, but Fordham should have way more horses than Monmouth.

To an extent, all true. However, comparative scores must be taken with a grain of salt unless one digs into the stats behind them.

RichH2
September 22nd, 2015, 10:16 PM
Tigger cub QB very talented but still a first yr starter. Botts best be very creative. If he has time like Pards gave him,he will chew our 2ndary to bits.

Pards Rule
September 23rd, 2015, 07:27 AM
I'm thinking that you'd take a Pard win by ONE!

Clearly, especially with the updated injury report!!

crusader11
September 23rd, 2015, 09:53 AM
6-1 last week and 16-4 on the year...

COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS -- I like the Cross by a couple of scores, and think the offense puts up 30+.
GEORGETOWN @ Columbia -- The streak ends.
Monmouth @ FORDHAM -- Monmouth has some skilled players, but Fordham is a much more polished team.
LEHIGH @ Princeton -- Lehigh thrusts themselves into the upper tier of the PL with an upset at Princeton.
LAFAYETTE @ Wagner -- Something's rotten in Easton.

Fordhamanhattan
September 23rd, 2015, 11:29 AM
For those interested in a little insight on Fordham football, I suggest going to WFUV Sports and listening to the Monday Night Quarterback Show.

RichH2
September 23rd, 2015, 01:18 PM
Brisker out with broken hand. Caveness ,Bragalone and Jones back.

van
September 23rd, 2015, 04:44 PM
COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS, gate yet to show me anything except Melville and crossers at home enough to make a difference

GEORGETOWN @ Columbia, not very confident in this pick as Lions seem to be improving

Monmouth @ FORDHAM, Monmouth no cupcake but Rams have too much

LEHIGH @ Princeton, hope I am wrong here, expect a very close game and giving home team the edge

LAFAYETTE @ Wagner, Pards walking wounded might not have enough to get by these hawks

6-1 last week and 14-6 overall so far

Go...gate
September 23rd, 2015, 07:58 PM
Holy Cross 22, Colgate 21

Georgetown 26, Columbia 24

Fordham 31, Monmouth 17

Princeton 33, Lehigh 27

Wagner 24, Lafayette 16

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 23rd, 2015, 08:27 PM
7-0 Last week, 15-5 overall.....

Holy Cross 27 Colgate 17 - HC looked really solid against a legit Towson team last week. Colgate still seems to be searching for an identity under Hunt....

Columbia 30 Georgetown 24 - Tough game to pick. I'll go with the Lions to provide Coach Bags with his first win in baby blue.....

Fordham 40 Monmouth 30 - Monmouth is one of those solid, respectable teams that's capable of pulling the upset. I think the Rams win but I doubt it's easy...

Lehigh 37 Princeton 31 - I anticipate a really good game Saturday. What Princeton did to LC only scares me only so much since there seems to be real problems in 'Pardville. This game is always a battle...

Wagner 24 Lafayette 16 - I have no idea what's going on in Easton. It seems to be a mess....

I think, perhaps hope, that HC and Lehigh start to emerge as Fordham's biggest threat. We shall see.....

ngineer
September 23rd, 2015, 10:11 PM
Brisker out with broken hand. Caveness ,Bragalone and Jones back.

Understood he broke it in the fourth quarter but didn't say anything until after the game. Out for about 4 weeks I hear. Nice we have some depth in the backfield this year.
Bourgois still out for this week. MRI being done today.

RichH2
September 23rd, 2015, 10:24 PM
Undierstood he broke it in the fourth quarter but didn't say anything until after the game. Out for about 4 weeks I hear. Nice we have some depth in the backfield this year.
Funny no word on Harris.

ngineer
September 23rd, 2015, 10:26 PM
Funny no word on Harris.

Likely out this week, as well, per Andy at luncheon. Sounds like a minor sprain and could be put in action if needed, but the backup KR Redmond had a great game against Penn, so no need to push the issue and let Harris heal up.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 23rd, 2015, 10:59 PM
Understood he broke it in the fourth quarter but didn't say anything until after the game. Out for about 4 weeks I hear. Nice we have some depth in the backfield this year.

4 weeks would put his return around the Fordham game. Hopefully that's the case.....

Lehigh has not escaped the injury bug after a brutal 2014 season. Thankfully, this years cases don't seem to be as serious, relatively speaking....

RichH2
September 24th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Likely out this week, as well, per Andy at luncheon. Sounds like a minor sprain and could be put in action if needed, but the backup KR Redmond had a great game against Penn, so no need to push the issue and let Harris heal up.
Thanks. While we have been hit hard at Rover, we have been fortunate so far with less major injuries and actial depth at most of the spots.

Ken_Z
September 24th, 2015, 09:01 AM
you week 4 Patriot League picks are brought to you by the American Psychiatric Association

the lack of perceptible advancement in the quality of PL football football and the resulting angst of the fan base has placed a considerable strain on our limited resources. therefore, we have established a blue ribbon panel of our finest to undertake a pre game triage assessment in order to allocate our limited resources where we anticipate they will be most needed.

Colgate > Holy Cross : the panel requests that Sader87's fellow Crossporters prepare for an intervention immediately following the game, they should expect this will continue into the wee hours of the morning. we acknowledge this may be akin to asking the inmates to run the asylum, but resources are thin.

Georgetown > Columbia : schizophrenic Georgetown is predicted to be on an uptic this week based on our latest theories of circadian cycles and their impact on pschology and sport (see paper by Dr. F.W. Hoya).

Fordham > Monmouth : after reading their press clipping for three quarters of the game last week, the Rams come out with their heads on straight from the get go.

Princeton > Lehigh : speaking of heads, can you just imagine how big Go Lehigh TU owl's would be if Temple and lehigh were both good in the same year? of the, couldn't fit through a doorway magnitude we expect, but in the panel's judgement, no headshrinking will be required.

Wagner > Lafayette : uh oh, the Leopard faithful are beginning to fall prey to the dreaded Carney virus as more and more become cantankerous doom and gloomers. only KillaBee remains optimistic, predicting a sweep of the remaining games this season, clearly he is in desparate need of our help.

Bucknell = Bye : usually a bye week provides welcome relief freeing up resources, but this week we need to send every available shrink to try and get our heroes in orange and blue on track. this wonderful school deserves a football team that excels. Bison fans, if we fail, just remember your tried and true mantra "basketball season is almost here", that should send those bullying Ram fans running for shelter.

Leopard Loyalist
September 24th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Somehow I am 16-4 so far, but several tricky possibilities this week.

COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS Crusaders eke out a home win.
GEORGETOWN @ Columbia Lions inspired by effort against Fordham.
Monmouth @ FORDHAM Certainly not a cakewalk.
LEHIGH @ Princeton Princeton romp not just due to Leopard ineptitude.
LAFAYETTE @ Wagner If not this week, when????

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Game preview of Lehigh at Princeton. Pretty proud of this one.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/09/game-preview-lehigh-at-princeton-9262015.html

RichH2
September 24th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Colgate-Holy Cross. Is Gate bad or is it the competition. Cross can play tough for 3quarters.a 4th?
Cross at home in a nailbiter.
Monmouth Fordham A game but Rams much too talented
Pards-Wagner Pards not fielding much ofa D or OL. Wagner not a cupcake. Pards ride Reed to W
Columbia-Hoyas My head says Bags'Blue Boys,my heart Hoyas. Dartboard goes with Hoyas.
Princeton-Lehigh Tigers better than Penn,inferior to JMU.Regardless of point spreads dont think Tigers are 12 pts better. Pards ,given the devastation of their OL,RB and 2ndary,were not any real competition for PU.
Lehigh in a defibillator game.

Sandlapper Spike
September 24th, 2015, 04:56 PM
COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS
GEORGETOWN @ Columbia
Monmouth @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ Princeton
LAFAYETTE @ Wagner

bulldog10jw
September 24th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Game preview of Lehigh at Princeton. Pretty proud of this one.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/09/game-preview-lehigh-at-princeton-9262015.html

Good article

World
September 24th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Is Princeton that good, or was Lafayette that bad??? 10 points favorites????? Give me LU and the points, i think a shootout if anything.

During the Lafayette game, the following were the parts of Princeton's game that were overpowering:

Running Offense
Passing Offense
Defense

van
September 24th, 2015, 06:31 PM
During the Lafayette game, the following were the parts of Princeton's game that were overpowering:

Running Offense
Passing Offense
Defense

that's nice, keep touching yourself

World
September 24th, 2015, 06:34 PM

van

and during the Lehigh game, the following are the parts of Princeton's game that will be overpowering:

Running Offense
Passing Offense
Defense

RichH2
September 24th, 2015, 07:35 PM
van,you know better. Feeding trolls is prohibited.

Pard4Life
September 24th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Princeton is going to blow out Lehigh. I predict a 17 point spread.

van
September 24th, 2015, 09:00 PM
van,you know better. Feeding trolls is prohibited.

a weak moment

- - - Updated - - -

Princeton is going to blow out Lehigh. I predict a 17 point spread.

Pard4life is killabee?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 24th, 2015, 09:03 PM
a weak moment

- - - Updated - - -

Pard4life is killabee?

Nope, usually when Lafayette is tanking and Lehigh is showing some hope he gets disgruntled. He likely wouldn't bet $5 on Princeton to cover -17. Just go along with it....xthumbsupx

Pard4Life
September 24th, 2015, 09:15 PM
a weak moment

- - - Updated - - -

Pard4life is killabee?

Wagner by 14. Satisfied?

Pard4Life
September 24th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Nope, usually when Lafayette is tanking and Lehigh is showing some hope he gets disgruntled. He likely wouldn't bet $5 on Princeton to cover -17. Just go along with it....xthumbsupx

Hope? You call a near win over a team that nearly loses to a D2 school, a blowout loss to a top 20, and w blowout over a weak team playing its first game hope? Um... to be honest Lehigh does not have a true gauge. Lehigh is supposed to be 2-1. Lafayette is supposed to be 0-3.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 24th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Hope? You call a near win over a team that nearly loses to a D2 school, a blowout loss to a top 20, and w blowout over a weak team playing its first game hope? Um... to be honest Lehigh does not have a true gauge. Lehigh is supposed to be 2-1. Lafayette is supposed to be 0-3.

That's a Lafayette mindset which I don't get. You weren't suppose to be 0-3. Delaware was a very winnable game. Your curse stuff with Princeton is some weird nonsense. There's no excuse to admit defeat before the game is played because you literally believe you can't beat a team. I'm not going to debate here all night with you but the level of resignation around Lafayette football is bizarre....

Temple has sucked for decades and our fan base has more belief. Step up.....

JMU is flat out awesome on offense. CCSU stinks but it was win where Lehigh controlled play then they double up Penn. I'll take a 21 point win over Penn. I could only imagine how excited the 'Pard faithful would be with such a performance...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2015, 09:35 PM
It's just the preseason for Lafayette. One game counts.

DatDude
September 24th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Well Penn just knocked off Villanova. I guess theyre not that bad. So I guess Lehigh not that bad either with a 21 point win

KillaBee
September 25th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Wagner by 14. Satisfied?

I am afraid you are incorrect, in your analysis. It will be a Lafayette win, by 19. WIN WIN WIN Leopards!!!!!

van
September 25th, 2015, 07:49 AM
I am afraid you are incorrect, in your analysis. It will be a Lafayette win, by 19. WIN WIN WIN Leopards!!!!!

KillaBee the anti-Carney, love it, keep it coming Killa

- - - Updated - - -

Well Penn just knocked off Villanova. I guess theyre not that bad. So I guess Lehigh not that bad either with a 21 point win

glad we got them in week 1

Pard4Life
September 25th, 2015, 09:45 AM
It's just the preseason for Lafayette. One game counts.

I disagree with that notion. However, the people who run the College believe that our football team plays one game a year... and it's the benchmark for contracts... so...

Pard4Life
September 25th, 2015, 09:51 AM
That's a Lafayette mindset which I don't get. You weren't suppose to be 0-3. Delaware was a very winnable game. Your curse stuff with Princeton is some weird nonsense. There's no excuse to admit defeat before the game is played because you literally believe you can't beat a team. I'm not going to debate here all night with you but the level of resignation around Lafayette football is bizarre....

Temple has sucked for decades and our fan base has more belief. Step up.....

JMU is flat out awesome on offense. CCSU stinks but it was win where Lehigh controlled play then they double up Penn. I'll take a 21 point win over Penn. I could only imagine how excited the 'Pard faithful would be with such a performance...

I know Delaware was winnable. But Lafayette's destiny is predetermined. We are so predictable. Every year is a replay. Same problems, same coaching decisions, same attitude, same manner we lose games. I've been saying this until I've been blue on our board, but EVERY YEAR it's the same story. That's why I believe 0-3 was a pretty likely scenario. This game, Georgetown, and the non-Fordham PL games are the only 'unknown outcome' games. Gtown is likely a win but who knows given our challenges.

Temple has belief because there are signs of changes... don't see any at Lafayette... the only one was Drew Reed in 2013, and we won a title. That has been the only flash in this .500 stretch dating from 2012.

KillaBee
September 25th, 2015, 10:19 AM
I know Delaware was winnable. But Lafayette's destiny is predetermined. We are so predictable. Every year is a replay. Same problems, same coaching decisions, same attitude, same manner we lose games. I've been saying this until I've been blue on our board, but EVERY YEAR it's the same story. That's why I believe 0-3 was a pretty likely scenario. This game, Georgetown, and the non-Fordham PL games are the only 'unknown outcome' games. Gtown is likely a win but who knows given our challenges.

Temple has belief because there are signs of changes... don't see any at Lafayette... the only one was Drew Reed in 2013, and we won a title. That has been the only flash in this .500 stretch dating from 2012.

Well, I can see why you have a "smidgit of hopelessness", and have a small sense of predictability so far this year. I'm banking the house that Lafayette will win this week, by at least 19. A healthy leopard is a killer, and what the heck is a seahawk? I was able to get to the last game, and I can say for as many people that were sitting in those stands, I heard pins drop. I've never seen a crowd that was so scare to cheer for a team... so include in your "same category", same dry fans... Were all 9000 fans hopeless too? Not 1 person yelled to excite the team, get them to want to play etc. Don't just cheer for a good play only? Cheer the QB, RB, WR's etc. on and make them feel proud to want to play for you.. The fans have a part in this too. Have you ever heard of the 12th man? Go Leopards... by 19.. WIN WIN WIN

CFBfan
September 25th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Well, I can see why you have a "smidgit of hopelessness", and have a small sense of predictability so far this year. I'm banking the house that Lafayette will win this week, by at least 19. A healthy leopard is a killer, and what the heck is a seahawk? I was able to get to the last game, and I can say for as many people that were sitting in those stands, I heard pins drop. I've never seen a crowd that was so scare to cheer for a team... so include in your "same category", same dry fans... Were all 9000 fans hopeless too? Not 1 person yelled to excite the team, get them to want to play etc. Don't just cheer for a good play only? Cheer the QB, RB, WR's etc. on and make them feel proud to want to play for you.. The fans have a part in this too. Have you ever heard of the 12th man? Go Leopards... by 19.. WIN WIN WIN

Do they give you weekend passes in the fall so you can attend the games?

Sader87
September 25th, 2015, 11:10 AM
May have to switch to the UNIVAC as the HAL-9000 is a pedesterian 15-5 so fah.

Columbia 23 GTown 17 HAL feels the streak will end for the Lions this weekend.

Fordham 34 Monmouth 20 Early scare but Rams pull away late.

Princeton 27 Lehigh 17 Ole Nassau prevails at renovated Palmer.

Wagner 20 Lafayette 13 Pards problems continue on Staten Island.

Colgate 30 HC 27 Red Raiders come back for the win after trailing 24-7 at the Half.

RichH2
September 25th, 2015, 11:20 AM
What is Cross problem with 4th period?

Fordhamanhattan
September 25th, 2015, 11:40 AM
The YOUNG Rams jell over the Jersey Shorers 45-23. The young Maroon team shows how a few games experience do make a difference especially for the offensive line. The Penn win shows the Fordham team that any team can be beat without full enthusiasm.
Columbia ends its skid with a runaway victory over the Hoyas 45-21
The Tigers roar over the erstwhile Engineers 35-17
Senator Wagner's defend Staten Island 23-22
The Cross over the New Yorkers 45-33
14-6 to date

carney2
September 25th, 2015, 11:42 AM

And a full season's supply of recreational drugs so he can make these posts.

Pard4Life
September 25th, 2015, 11:52 AM

You can hear a pin drop at nearly every game. Never understood that either. Despite my sardonic demeanor, I am one of the hopeless romantics yelling 'DEFENSE' and stomping my feet... but I do admit I kind of gave up after Princeton converted their 9th third down on 12 tries.

Pard4Life
September 25th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Columbia 24, Georgetown 21... let's see what hope, motivation, and attitude can do...

Fordham 28, Monmouth 21... I buy into the Fordham fan theory of a potential no-show. Big trap game opponent.

Princeton 35, Lehigh 17... Tigger is the real deal. Surace has another machine.

Wagner 28, Lafayette 17... We are just low on players, morale, and Wagner is a physical team...

Holy Cross 34, Colgate 31... Cross could be the darling of the PL?

ngineer
September 25th, 2015, 12:08 PM
What is Cross problem with 4th period?

Anemia? (;-)

Bill
September 25th, 2015, 12:28 PM
A healthy leopard is a killer, and what the heck is a seahawk?

Hey, wasn't that Diane's theory when she won the betting pool at Cheers by picking games based upon the mascot? xthumbsupx

Neighbor2
September 25th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Just have to step-in here and acknowledge the sharp wit and humor provided by ngineer. Seriously, I have been entertained by his creative injections for years now, and it's time to make note. The 11:08 reply is classic 'ngineer.' Now.......if Lehigh's Offensive Coordinator could display the same originality, the season has a chance to be special!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 25th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Game Breakdown and fearless prediction. I have.... Princeton in a close one.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/09/game-breakdown-lehigh-at-princeton.html

Fordham
September 25th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Anemia? (;-)

oh wow. that's just wrong

very telling games this week. The HC-Gate match-up. I'm picking HC big

The Princeton-Lehigh match-up - I'm picking Princeton but with the game close enough to provide no joy for Lafayette fans

Fordham - Monmouth - this is a game to determine whether or not we can have the consistency of champions. After Army took Wake Forest (not USC I know but still P5) to the last second I thought maybe we were much better than how we're perceived. Then, Penn dumps 'Nova and I fear we could be far more pedestrian. Really have no idea what to think yet but I'll go with the Homer pick (doh!).

Elsewhere I have to believe Gtown and Lafayette pull these out.

KillaBee
September 25th, 2015, 02:10 PM

Im a college football fan

KillaBee
September 25th, 2015, 02:15 PM
And a full season's supply of recreational drugs so he can make these posts.

No illegal substances, I reiterate carney. I just believe the Leopards will win against the seahawks by at least 19. Now I understand that my picks have been off by 3 so far this season. But there is an 11 game season. I know you can remember when you were a believer, that's why I'm here to re-kindle that Leopard fire....

Lehigh Football Nation
September 25th, 2015, 02:18 PM
No illegal substances, I reiterate carney. I just believe the Leopards will win against the seahawks by at least 19. Now I understand that my picks have been off by 3 so far this season. But there is an 11 game season. I know you can remember when you were a believer, that's why I'm here to re-kindle that Leopard fire....

To clarify you're 0-3

KillaBee
September 25th, 2015, 02:19 PM
You can hear a pin drop at nearly every game. Never understood that either. Despite my sardonic demeanor, I am one of the hopeless romantics yelling 'DEFENSE' and stomping my feet... but I do admit I kind of gave up after Princeton converted their 9th third down on 12 tries.

Then you will understand if the kids quit. or the coaches, students etc. I don't believe in that. I will not lose. I don't want the kids, coaches or the fans to quit. Keep yelling and when the people around you look at you like your crazy for cheering.. Yell louder.. and spill your popcorn on them maybe they will get angry and start yelling too. When times are tuff pride, passion and purpose must be stronger than ever...

KillaBee
September 25th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Hey, wasn't that Diane's theory when she won the betting pool at Cheers by picking games based upon the mascot? xthumbsupx

Well the original leopstonians originated in 2015, when the going was tuff. Pride, passion and purpose overcame them and it infectiously spread throughout the team, fans and ultimately ended up in a winning season...

CFBfan
September 25th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Im a college football fan

and that's enough to have them issue you weekend passes....wow! who knew

Fordham
September 25th, 2015, 02:27 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21391&stc=1

Lehigh'98
September 25th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Well the original leopstonians originated in 2015, when the going was tuff. Pride, passion and purpose overcame them and it infectiously spread throughout the team, fans and ultimately ended up in a winning season...

This is just Bogie trolling us. I like the enthusiasm though.

Pard4Life
September 25th, 2015, 05:28 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21391&stc=1

*Ahem* Fordham football:

http://www.bandersnatch.com/seal.gif

Abolish Fordham Football!! (signed, AFF)

Minion: Fordham has football players who can't read... shut it down!!

RichH2
September 25th, 2015, 06:31 PM
KillaBee the anti-Carney, love it, keep it coming Killa

- - - Updated - - -

glad we got them in week 1

Just have to step-in here and acknowledge the sharp wit and humor provided by ngineer. Seriously, I have been entertained by his creative injections for years now, and it's time to make note. The 11:08 reply is classic 'ngineer.' Now.......if Lehigh's Offensive Coordinator could display the same originality, the season has a chance to be special!
+1

carney2
September 25th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Then you will understand if the kids quit. or the coaches, students etc. I don't believe in that. I will not lose. I don't want the kids, coaches or the fans to quit. Keep yelling and when the people around you look at you like your crazy for cheering.. Yell louder.. and spill your popcorn on them maybe they will get angry and start yelling too. When times are tuff pride, passion and purpose must be stronger than ever...

Isn't this the guy from high school whose 'nads we painted with horse lineament before we locked him in the girls' shower?

Go...gate
September 25th, 2015, 07:18 PM
*Ahem* Fordham football:

http://www.bandersnatch.com/seal.gif

Abolish Fordham Football!! (signed, AFF)

Minion: Fordham has football players who can't read... shut it down!!

New Danny Hatred. Remember him????

ngineer
September 25th, 2015, 07:28 PM
oh wow. that's just wrong

very telling games this week. The HC-Gate match-up. I'm picking HC big

The Princeton-Lehigh match-up - I'm picking Princeton but with the game close enough to provide no joy for Lafayette fans

Fordham - Monmouth - this is a game to determine whether or not we can have the consistency of champions. After Army took Wake Forest (not USC I know but still P5) to the last second I thought maybe we were much better than how we're perceived. Then, Penn dumps 'Nova and I fear we could be far more pedestrian. Really have no idea what to think yet but I'll go with the Homer pick (doh!).

Elsewhere I have to believe Gtown and Lafayette pull these out.

I was not referring to Megyn Kelly.

Bogus Megapardus
September 25th, 2015, 11:35 PM
This is just Bogie trolling us.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/smiley_nope.gif

Engineer86
September 26th, 2015, 07:06 AM

A rare sighting!!, hopefully more during the third week of Novemberxthumbsupxxbowx

Lehigh'98
September 26th, 2015, 07:25 AM

Special guest appearance?? Good to hear from you again!!

crusader11
September 26th, 2015, 07:38 AM
I missed you, Bogie. You're such a little tease!

Pards Rule
September 26th, 2015, 08:25 AM

It worked for her!!

RichH2
September 26th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Hopefully Bogie will return in November :) Earlier would be even better.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Princeton 35, Lehigh 31 - Close but no cigar.

Columbia 30 GTown 13 - Bagnoli will do his best to upstage Priore, and he'll at least get the win.

Fordham 28 Monmouth 24 - Sensing a Fordham letdown, but how much of a letdown?

Lafayette 20 Wagner 13 - Lafayette is not as bad as they showed last week, and they are the more desperate team.

HC 21, Colgate 20 - A serious coin-flip deal.

Lehigh'98
September 26th, 2015, 12:42 PM
HC up 14-10 at half. Fordham up 14-3. Cornell 12-0 over Yale so far in a suprise.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Big drive for Gate here. A TD pretty much ices the game up 17-14. A FG, and I have a shot at picking the correct score: HC 21, Colgate 20.

DatDude
September 26th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Gu 17-10 over Columbia...Half

RichH2
September 26th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Hoyas getting it done so far. Now I see what happens to Cross in the 4th. They collapse. Dagnabit.

Lehigh'98
September 26th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Who's at Princeton?

RichH2
September 26th, 2015, 03:33 PM
LFN is,

Sader87
September 26th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Think it's pretty safe to say we witnessed the beginning of the end of the Tom Gilmore regime at HC today.

Fordham
September 26th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Wtf happened to HC today?

Sader87
September 26th, 2015, 04:34 PM

More of the same....outschemed in the 2nd per usual....offense plays/is coached "not to lose"....hence another loss...the pain will soon be ovah...he's done after today.

Lehigh'98
September 26th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Lehigh looks more solid on D than last year.

ColgateTD
September 26th, 2015, 04:48 PM

It's amazing what you can do when you don't run up the middle and into a brick wall on your first three downs. Colgate showed today that it has the weapons. Now they just have to use them.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 26th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Lehigh's OL looks good...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 26th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Lehigh's tackling is brutal...

24-13 Princeton after two quick Tiger TD's....

Lehigh'98
September 26th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Princeton has made adjustments, Lehigh has not.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 26th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Lehigh is their own worst enemy. The start of the second half is almost comical....

Southsider
September 26th, 2015, 05:45 PM
I am done with Shaf & Coen. They just can't get it done. How many fumbles does this team have to endure because the kid just does not play smart? How many passes at the receivers feet are we going to see? And the "D", forget about it! Turned the radio off..............had enough.

PAllen
September 26th, 2015, 05:52 PM
3rd turnover in a row, now I'm done.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 26th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Catch the ball! Another pick off of what should have been a catch

Lehigh'98
September 26th, 2015, 05:56 PM
The play calling is anemic. WR screen is 65% of Offense

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 26th, 2015, 06:21 PM
This second half of the Lehigh game is incredible. TP just had the ball taken away from him on a big gain. 4 second half turnovers...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 26th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Princeton 45 Lehigh 19...

Just a brutal 2nd half to watch given the turnovers....

World
September 26th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Lehigh is not bad except for all those turnovers...like that freshman RB

Lehigh'98
September 26th, 2015, 06:53 PM
8 of last 19 games Lehigh has given up 45 or more pts. All that being said, they should finish 6-5.

World
September 26th, 2015, 06:54 PM
final

Princeton - 52
Lehigh - 26

Princeton's 2nd win on the way to the undefeated season

Sader87
September 26th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Much of the PL needs a "big flushing out" of staff, change in attitude/environment etc....it's a league (outside of Fordham) very much spinning its wheels right now at best.

CFBfan
September 26th, 2015, 07:00 PM
More of the same....outschemed in the 2nd per usual....offense plays/is coached "not to lose"....hence another loss...the pain will soon be ovah...he's done after today.

wow Sader I was in Worcester today and was stunned at how ordinary cross was....not big at all average talent and bad coaching!!! clearly a change is needed and NOW!!!!

CFBfan
September 26th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Much of the PL needs a "big flushing out" of staff, change in attitude/environment etc....it's a league (outside of Fordham) very much spinning its wheels right now at best.

Yes, I agree. The league is squandering their schollie oppty!!!

Southsider
September 26th, 2015, 07:01 PM
LU's program is going in the wrong direction. And please, don't tell me about the "O" getting 400+ yards. Coen/staff can't motivate, period! NEEDS TO GO!!! D giving up 35.5 PPG. F-ing embarrassing. After watching religiously for 45 years, it is really very difficult to watch this crap.

carney2
September 26th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Lafayette and Wagner are tied at 21 with 6:00 to go in the 3rd. Pards have overcome a 21-7 deficit, but are not playing much D.

Southsider
September 26th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Lafayette and Wagner are tied at 21 with 6:00 to go in the 3rd. Pards have overcome a 21-7 deficit, but are not playing much D.

Pards will beat Lehigh...........take it to the bank!

Lehigh'98
September 26th, 2015, 07:10 PM
I sat in front row and watched the staff coach. They didn't seem to be able to motivate or adjust. WR coach is good, but his guys let him down tonight. There were at least 10 plays they had press coverage on Troy with no safety, yet we didn't audible at all, just wr screen. The league is so bad I still think they will lose at most 2 league games. This is one of the worst PL years I can think of. Yale next week should be close considering how they are playing.

carney2
September 26th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Wagner 24, Lafayette 21 after Wagner drove the field pretty much at will.

carney2
September 26th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Still Wagner by 3 at the end of the 3rd. Reed is putting up some numbers, but it's out of necessity since the running game is nonexistent.

carney2
September 26th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Lafayette 28, Wagner 24. Freshmen carrying the load on offense.

carney2
September 26th, 2015, 07:38 PM

Every one of these teams, save Fordham, is a poster child for Einstein's doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. And we're not just talking about Saturday afternoons. Check the additions to the rosters next February.

RichH2
September 26th, 2015, 07:42 PM
A frustrating L. We swept the stats including TOs ,missed tackles and penalties. Shaf had a very good game. If WRs dont make 3TOs ,a magnificent game .Bragalone and TP performed very well. D made some stops,a few excellent plays in an ocean of ineptitude. The only way we win any games is if O makes zero mistakes. Today we made bunches of mistakes.
Expected to have an up and down season with all the youth. Bottom line D shows very little improvement. Still have a small window for a winning year. Rather than wringing his hands Andy best fix this mess.

RichH2
September 26th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Every one of these teams, save Fordham, is a poster child for Einstein's doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. And we're not just talking about Saturday afternoons. Check the additions to the rosters next February.
Yup. Other than Fordham,PL has achieved parity at a very poor level. Seems more like a race to oust Hoyas from last place.

carney2
September 26th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Lafayette 35, Wagner 24 with 2:23 to go. Turnovers big in the second half.

Southsider
September 26th, 2015, 07:54 PM
A frustrating L. We swept the stats including TOs ,missed tackles and penalties. Shaf had a very good game. If WRs dont make 3TOs ,a magnificent game .Bragalone and TP performed very well. D made some stops,a few excellent plays in an ocean of ineptitude. The only way we win any games is if O makes zero mistakes. Today we made bunches of mistakes.
Expected to have an up and down season with all the youth. Bottom line D shows very little improvement. Still have a small window for a winning year. Rather than wringing his hands Andy best fix this mess.

Will not happen. As others have noted earlier, his best years were with Checchini/Coack K. Crap before they were here, crap after they left. He's starting to make excuses in his post game interviews.....he is in over his head! Time to go!

carney2
September 26th, 2015, 07:56 PM
The final on Staten Island: Lafayette 35, Wagner 24 after being down 14-0 and 21-7.

Drew Reed: 23 for 33 with 4 TD passes and one TD running.

bulldog10jw
September 26th, 2015, 08:04 PM
final

Princeton - 52
Lehigh - 26

Princeton's 2nd win on the way to the undefeated season

xlmaox

Pards Rule
September 26th, 2015, 08:05 PM
The Memphis Marvel (Reed) looked poised tonight!!

RichH2
September 26th, 2015, 08:40 PM
I sat in front row and watched the staff coach. They didn't seem to be able to motivate or adjust. WR coach is good, but his guys let him down tonight. There were at least 10 plays they had press coverage on Troy with no safety, yet we didn't audible at all, just wr screen. The league is so bad I still think they will lose at most 2 league games. This is one of the worst PL years I can think of. Yale next week should be close considering how they are playing.
Perhaps so but that is not why we lost. The plays Folmar called succeeds very well. WRs giveaways were the cause of not scoring enuf to carry our D,not the play calling.

Lehigh'98
September 26th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Perhaps so but that is not why we lost. The plays Folmar called succeeds very well. WRs giveaways were the cause of not scoring enuf to carry our D,not the play calling.

They moved the ball, but in crucial situations couldn't do much. Not the first time we have seen this. Yards can be misleading statistic sometimes.

Doc QB
September 26th, 2015, 09:45 PM
I sat behind the bench too...Andy doesnt coach, doesnt go near players, doesnt coach 'em up. He's not involved. Turnovers kept PU comfortably ahead, offense at times was fairly spread out, but too many screens. We tackle like crap and are small. They had WAY more speed than us all over field. I want to say I was impressed by the Tigers, but I think we'd make College of Faith look FCS.

RichH2
September 26th, 2015, 10:06 PM
I sat behind the bench too...Andy doesnt coach, doesnt go near players, doesnt coach 'em up. He's not involved. Turnovers kept PU comfortably ahead, offense at times was fairly spread out, but too many screens. We tackle like crap and are small. They had WAY more speed than us all over field. I want to say I was impressed by the Tigers, but I think we'd make College of Faith look FCS.
Ican understand giving coordinators space to do their jobs. If its not working the HC has to be involved . He has to identify the issues and fix them. OC seems to rely not on scheme but mostly on individual ability to get yards. We do appeared to have a very limited playbook today. The D seems incapable of consistent play. At times good,at others non existent.
A young team with very few seniors may be a large part of he seesaw but there doesn't seem to be much improvement in defense over the last 3 yrs. If as you say Doc,Andy is not involved,dont see how any expect ghis team to improve. I dont get it.

ngineer
September 26th, 2015, 10:28 PM
I was there tonight and it reminded me of a Hank Small team. "Air Lehigh" was back, with nice run support from Bragalone. And, like a Hank Small team, the defense was horribly erratic. Again, horrible tackling. YAC for Princeton must be incredible. No team wins giving up four tunovers that lead directly to points on the board for the opposition, as well as taking points away. Shaf's fumble deep in Princeton territory, not only resulted in a Tiger TD, but also took away a likely Lehigh TD or at least a FG. Two horrendous INTs where the ball was perfectly thrown and the WRs let go right through their hands into the secondary's. Pelletier, despite tremendous game, had a horrible gaffe himself getting stripped after a nice 40 yard reception. Princetown was aggressive and ball hawking. My sense is that Princeton has a very good offense, but we shredded their defense. The Ten penalties and turnovers make it nigh impossible to win against a team that is good. The penalties, balls through the hands, fumbles all seem to indicate a lack of focus. While I agree the WR screen seemed to be 'over done', it usually was on first down and picked up 5-8 yards. If we run on first down and get 5-8 yards, most people would say that is pretty good. Puts the O in great position for the following calls. My main concern is the defense. Since Coach K left it has been lost. I see his leaving having more of an impact, overall, than Cecchini's absence. Going forward we have an offense that should scare all opponents, but our defense is main problem. I have always said championships are won with defense and until Lehigh figures out how to play defense we will be in track meets which puts too much pressure on the O to score leading to people 'pressing' which leads to turnovers. Yale struggled with Cornell, today, so next week may well be a toss-up game that I viewed, preseason, as a distinct underdog.

Doc QB
September 26th, 2015, 10:31 PM
I sat next to one of my buddies, from my era (early 90's), a D-lineman. I asked what he thinks of the D and its issues. All he said was, U take the personality of your coach. Thats when I began to watch Andy. He's disconnected. Now, my bias is always having Hank in our face, but he ran the offense, was the OC. For years we never had a HC w two coordinators up in the pressbox, so it is a bit foreign to me to have a guy on the headset the whole game and seemingly not doing much. Now, i know he IS, but he isnt fiery, he's not the calm, cool, collected leader type from what I see.

Hard to gauge who we are. Pedestrian effort against CCSU, mid NEC team. Pummeled by a JMU squad the put 48 on SMu and won. Beat UPenn comfortably, I did think Penn had athletes that looked better than the 42 we put on them, and the go and beat Nova, who was nicked up, but also didnt look great in the two games I saw of them (Fordham and Delaware). Princeton, all financial aid hoopla aside, had more speed than us all over the field. Even with us spotting them 21 pts off turnovers, had they not occurred, the complexion of game is different, but I still think they beat us by two scores given their O's speed and our D's continued issues.

Tonite surely wasnt all coaching ineptitude, turnovers killed us, a BS pass intf call extended an early drive, and PU made us pay for it as a good team will. But, I do think a year resembling last seAson should bring a change in leadership. Its not like we have Alabama's lofty expectations, but we've been better, and shouldnt be satisfied with anything less, and certainly not satisfied with last year and what may be developing this year. Time will tell who we really are and who the guys we played are, too.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 26th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Just got back from Princeton...

The fireworks were a lovely capper.

Lehigh has the players, generally speaking, to be good. The secondary is terrible but everything else is pretty solid imo. The front seven did their jobs on 2 4th and shorts.

I just don't get why they struggle to execute and make silly mistakes over and over. I lost count of how many 2nd or 3rd and 1's were lost because of penalties. That simply can't happen over and over. The tackling and general ball awareness in the secondary is absolutely horrific. The front seven does a solid job but the back end is brutal. The one play where Princeton had the spread formation and ran all streaks was classic. Every single receiver ran by the Lehigh defender by 10 yards. The QB just overshot his mark.

The offense is how it was before Cech. They move the ball but the lack of big plays ultimately costs them. You can't have 8-10 play scoring drives all the time. You need those 2-4 play quick strike plays. They have to figure out a way to get some explosive plays.

The offense has a lot of talented individuals. Pelletier, #84, Bragalone, the OL and Shafnisky (to a point) are all legit. Bragalone was awesome tonight.

I don't understand the lack of swagger. There needs to be more emotion. Lehigh used to play, especially going back to Lembo and Higgins and in 2011,2012 with a cocky swagger. They would fly around talk a bit and generally just so a lot of enthusiasm. Even when things are going good I don't see that.

ngineer
September 26th, 2015, 10:43 PM
I sat next to one of my buddies, from my era (early 90's), a D-lineman. I asked what he thinks of the D and its issues. All he said was, U take the personality of your coach. Thats when I began to watch Andy. He's disconnected. Now, my bias is always having Hank in our face, but he ran the offense, was the OC. For years we never had a HC w two coordinators up in the pressbox, so it is a bit foreign to me to have a guy on the headset the whole game and seemingly not doing much. Now, i know he IS, but he isnt fiery, he's not the calm, cool, collected leader type from what I see.

Hard to gauge who we are. Pedestrian effort against CCSU, mid NEC team. Pummeled by a JMU squad the put 48 on SMu and won. Beat UPenn comfortably, I did think Penn had athletes that looked better than the 42 we put on them, and the go and beat Nova, who was nicked up, but also didnt look great in the two games I saw of them (Fordham and Delaware). Princeton, all financial aid hoopla aside, had more speed than us all over the field. Even with us spotting them 21 pts off turnovers, had they not occurred, the complexion of game is different, but I still think they beat us by two scores given their O's speed and our D's continued issues.

Tonite surely wasnt all coaching ineptitude, turnovers killed us, a BS pass intf call extended an early drive, and PU made us pay for it as a good team will. But, I do think a year resembling last seAson should bring a change in leadership. Its not like we have Alabama's lofty expectations, but we've been better, and shouldnt be satisfied with anything less, and certainly not satisfied with last year and what may be developing this year. Time will tell who we really are and who the guys we played are, too.

Generally, I agree, but tonight he was actually over in the D's bench doing some serious face time with several players. The game seems to have changed in terms of how the HCs interact with the team during games. Other games I watch it scene is similar: HC on the headset talking to his Coordinators. The staffs are so much larger now than when I played. I think we might have had 6 coaches, total. Now, it's about a dozen with various assistants covering the "subsets" in essence coaching about a dozen players each. Time will tell how good Princeton's O is, but the remainder of the schedule still has a good number of wins to be had if we can just stop shooting ourselves in the foot....and part of that may be coaching, too. A lot of the problems I saw tonight I attribute to a lack of focus--penalties and balls right through the hands (yes, the one interference call was very questionable, but that was a time for the D to overcome, and it didn't).

ngineer
September 26th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Just got back from Princeton...

The fireworks were a lovely capper.

Lehigh has the players, generally speaking, to be good. The secondary is terrible but everything else is pretty solid imo. The front seven did their jobs on 2 4th and shorts.

I just don't get why they struggle to execute and make silly mistakes over and over. I lost count of how many 2nd or 3rd and 1's were lost because of penalties. That simply can't happen over and over. The tackling and general ball awareness in the secondary is absolutely horrific. The front seven does a solid job but the back end is brutal. The one play where Princeton had the spread formation and ran all streaks was classic. Every single receiver ran by the Lehigh defender by 10 yards. The QB just overshot his mark.

The offense is how it was before Cech. They move the ball but the lack of big plays ultimately costs them. You can't have 8-10 play scoring drives all the time. You need those 2-4 play quick strike plays. They have to figure out a way to get some explosive plays.

The offense has a lot of talented individuals. Pelletier, #84, Bragalone, the OL and Shafnisky (to a point) are all legit. Bragalone was awesome tonight.

I don't understand the lack of swagger. There needs to be more emotion. Lehigh used to play, especially going back to Lembo and Higgins and in 2011,2012 with a cocky swagger. They would fly around talk a bit and generally just so a lot of enthusiasm. Even when things are going good I don't see that.

There were some shots tonight, and some clicked. The first TD 'drive' took all of 1:50 because of the 60 pass to Kelsey. Pelletier's 40-50 yarder was great until he fumbled, and there were a couple where Nick just over shot by a yard. Actually, I would think by now Nick has the option to call a streak if Pelletier or Kelsey (who can fly) has single coverage with nothing up top, and there seemed to be a couple opportunities for that which were missed.

BTW, it would appear to me we may have lost Sansone for the season. Knee injury did not look good. And what's worse, he's a senior.

Go...gate
September 26th, 2015, 10:58 PM

Bogie, great to see you again!

Go...gate
September 26th, 2015, 11:02 PM
The final on Staten Island: Lafayette 35, Wagner 24 after being down 14-0 and 21-7.

Drew Reed: 23 for 33 with 4 TD passes and one TD running.

Good job.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see Colgate get in the win column.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 26th, 2015, 11:10 PM
ngineer,

I got there at the 9 minutes mark of 1Q and it was already 7-7. They did take a couple shots but only one was really completed that I saw to Pelletier. It was about 30 yard fade with no yards after the catch. Even a reverse or halfback pass or something would be nice to try to create chunk plays. There are plenty of weapons on offense to put up 30-35 points on a consistent basis. Yet it's not happening. That yards are racked up though....

I've driven close to a 1,000 miles these last few weeks, JMU and Princeton and witnessed two debacles. The JMU game outcome was acceptable I guess. I just wanted to visit JMU and see a game there. I obviously hoped for it to be more competitive but I did not at all expect a win. But tonight should not have happened. The last 4 games I've been to, LC 2013, LC 2014, JMU and Princeton this year, Lehigh has been outscored 184-69. I should have stayed out west......:p

Lehigh Football Nation
September 27th, 2015, 12:00 AM
he isnt fiery, he's not the calm, cool, collected leader type from what I see

With all due respect that was NOT what I saw after the game. He was as fiery as ever after the game. I'm sure that will come out in my recap.

BS pass intf call extended an early drive

I totally did not understand that call. He also got called for another PI call where the ball was thrown over they guys head by at least 10 yards. Not that officiating played a huge part in the outcome but I did feel like Lehigh got jobbed on those two calls.

Andy
September 27th, 2015, 12:16 AM
Lafayette started 5 freshmen today total, four on offense. The OL consisted of 2 fr, 2 sophs and a jr eligible. The TDs were scored by 2 fr WR, a soph TE, a soph WR, plus the jr QB. You get the picture. Lots of injuries but luckily the youngsters have talent. We're sure not pushing anybody around in the run game, but the pass blocking was good when it had to be. Reed found his receivers today, on the run and when stepping up in the pocket. Even ran 2 effective option plays. (hey, look at us!) Good come from behind win for a team that desperately needed a confidence booster.

PAllen
September 27th, 2015, 03:22 AM
With all due respect that was NOT what I saw after the game. He was as fiery as ever after the game. I'm sure that will come out in my recap.
.[/COLOR]

Except, he needs to be fiery before the game. Getting a team fired up after a game is over is just yelling at folks for no good reason.

Lehigh'98
September 27th, 2015, 06:54 AM

I would also have liked to see him encourage, inspire and generally be more engaged with the players coming off the field. Only once did I see him do it with the D when they made a 4th down stop. There are critical situations in games where the team needs to be on the same page with their mentality. He doesn't seem to be involved schematically much,which I can understand as a head coach.

CFBfan
September 27th, 2015, 07:06 AM
Except, he needs to be fiery before the game. Getting a team fired up after a game is over is just yelling at folks for no good reason.

sadly after joe moorehead the pl is littered with average to below average coaches.
joe susan is ok but let's face it he's not lighting it up in Lewisburg
tavani has become a bit irrelevant as the game passes him by
coen seems lost and in over his head
hunt has a small body of work but doesn't look better than average
gilomore is a disaster and bottom of the barrel in a not very good league
rob sgarlata is a decent coach with nothing to work with.....he would likely separate himself for the mediocre pack if had had schollies
all in my humble opinion

Franks Tanks
September 27th, 2015, 07:20 AM
sadly after joe moorehead the pl is littered with average to below average coaches.
rob sgarlata is a decent coach with nothing to work with.....he would likely separate himself for the mediocre pack if had had schollies
all in my humble opinion

Mostly agree. Coen, Tavani and Gilmore simply need to go. All 3 have had their programs underachieve for the last 5 or 6 years, at least. All 3 programs have a ton of potential, and there are a lot of excellent coaches who would love to get their hands on these programs. Stop settling for below average coaching and results. Hunt is mostly in the category as well, although I think he deserves another year of two to fully understand where he stands.

Moorhead is of course a stud. Susan is pretty good too. Bucknell really stunk a few years ago and Susan has done a very good job, although his teams continue to be a bit challenged on offense. The guy at Georgetown has little to work with, but has fielded tough and well coached teams. He seems like a solid coach.

Southsider
September 27th, 2015, 07:40 AM
Mostly agree. Coen, Tavani and Gilmore simply need to go. All 3 have had their programs underachieve for the last 5 or 6 years, at least. All 3 programs have a ton of potential, and there are a lot of excellent coaches who would love to get their hands on these programs. Stop settling for below average coaching and results. Hunt is mostly in the category as well, although I think he deserves another year of two to fully understand where he stands.

Moorhead is of course a stud. Susan is pretty good too. Bucknell really stunk a few years ago and Susan has done a very good job, although his teams continue to be a bit challenged on offense. The guy at Georgetown has little to work with, but has fielded tough and well coached teams. He seems like a solid coach.

Spot on FT. All 3 have 10 or more years. I guess over time you get chummy with the AD's and admin, and the results don't seem to matter. All you ever hear from the AD's anymore is how well the women's sports are doing, and how much diversity exists. I'll bet a paycheck LU's next AD is a woman! Then watch football take an even bigger dive. Heading on vacation for a few weeks. Will miss Yale game at home. Probably a good thing as I need a cooling off periodxnodx

SingForever
September 27th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Come on! The Lehigh defensive backs should become cheerleaders or watch from the stands. This Lehigh team could have run the table in the Patriot League if they could defend the pass. Once Princeton realized that our pass defense sucked, it was over. Last year I recommended firing the entire defensive staff. They're still there.

DFW HOYA
September 27th, 2015, 08:47 AM
all in my humble opinion

Thanks for the note on Sgarlata. He has far less to work with than most people realize and gets 110% out of the talent he leads.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 27th, 2015, 08:47 AM
My recap of the game:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/09/frustrated-lehigh-cant-overcome.html

ngineer
September 27th, 2015, 08:49 AM

First, I don't disagree that from the stands it appears Coen is 'removed' from the players while his assistants deal with the details between possessions. However, with regard to the past six years, the first four averaged 10 wins a season. I think that only happened once before in LU history (1998-01). All programs go through cycles, especially at this level where the ability to 'reload' each year is dicey. I think the institution of scholarships got too many peoples' expectations soaring beyond reality. Fred Dunlap warned a few years ago that scholarships could actually set back the PL in comparison to other conferences because of the overall impact on depth of quality despite possibly getting a few more skilled individuals. That may be showing as during the OOC portions of the schedule. I am not thrilled by what I saw first hand Saturday night. The lack of focus is what contributes most to the type of mistakes that occurred. Talent wise, I thought both teams were pretty even, but Princeton made very few mistakes. In today's paper, Coen specifically said that if some players aren't able to up their focus, then he'll play someone else. Clearly a message to some of the seniors who had 'senior moments' last night.

carney2
September 27th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Princeton is pretty good and much improved over last year. Lehigh is neither. Many of us suspected this going into this weekend. Yesterday just proved it. So why all the surprise and angst from the feathered faithful?

RichH2
September 27th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Cant argue result carney. The angst is that we beat ourselves. 4 TOs,10 penalties. The TOs alone were at least a 21 pt swing in the score. What should have been a clise shoot out game,we made into a rout. May not have won but it would have been a game. As it is just an embarrassing cluster f*** .

Gate83
September 27th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Spot on FT. All 3 have 10 or more years. I guess over time you get chummy with the AD's and admin, and the results don't seem to matter. All you ever hear from the AD's anymore is how well the women's sports are doing, and how much diversity exists. I'll bet a paycheck LU's next AD is a woman! Then watch football take an even bigger dive. Heading on vacation for a few weeks. Will miss Yale game at home. Probably a good thing as I need a cooling off periodxnodx

Not to be politically correct, but you won't find a bigger supporter of Gate football than our AD Vicky Chun. She's the main mover behind our schedule upgrade & does everything she can for the program. Couldn't be happier that she's in Hamilton, which I think is a pretty universal opinion among Gate alums. Now if we could just play Holy Cross every week...

Go...gate
September 27th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Not to be politically correct, but you won't find a bigger supporter of Gate football than our AD Vicky Chun. She's the main mover behind our schedule upgrade & does everything she can for the program. Couldn't be happier that she's in Hamilton, which I think is a pretty universal opinion among Gate alums. Now if we could just play Holy Cross every week...

Agreed. Chun is miles ahead of David Roach, whose departure was celebrated.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 27th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Princeton is pretty good and much improved over last year. Lehigh is neither. Many of us suspected this going into this weekend. Yesterday just proved it. So why all the surprise and angst from the feathered faithful?

I feel the gap between Princeton and Lehigh was not the same yawning gap between JMU and Lehigh (amply proven this weekend after JMU came from behind to beat SMU). A cleaner game from Lehigh would probably have been competitive the whole way, perhaps not a Lehigh win but more of a 50/50 proposition. As others have noted, Lehigh moved the ball very effectively vs. Princeton. Others will too.

In the 3rd quarter, Lehigh forced Princeton into two three-and-outs, but turned over the ball on a pick six, lost a fumble after a deep drive on a 4th-and-2, and turned over the ball a third time. All three TOs were preventable mistakes, not masterful Tiger defense but gifts. That's why there's so much angst.

ngineer
September 27th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Cant argue result carney. The angst is that we beat ourselves. 4 TOs,10 penalties. The TOs alone were at least a 21 pt swing in the score. What should have been a clise shoot out game,we made into a rout. May not have won but it would have been a game. As it is just an embarrassing cluster f*** .

+1
Yes, we matched up with Princeton talent-wise, but stupid-ass mistakes kept this from being a real close game to the wire, which I expected. Princeton's offense very good. Defense was mediocre, like ours. Some excellent plays backed up by missed assignments and poor tackling. I had no angst losing in a blowout to JMU. Losing in a blowout to a team that was beatable is "angstable"...On to Yale.

Gater
September 28th, 2015, 10:22 AM
I'm a big fan of Chun--one of the things that is great about her is that she is an unabashed fan of Colgate sports--which is contagious (KillaBee, consider this to be a warning).

On the Hunt front, it remains to be seen whether he can win--he seems to be doing a good job with everything else. Recruiting is much better. Uniforms are great. Most importantly, he addressed Colgate's biggest problems immediately--defense and special teams. Colgate didn't really have either. Since the title game run in '03, Colgate had devolved into a "control the clock and hope" approach. Fair catches on punts. No field goals. A bend and then break defense. Oddly, Hunt's biggest failing at this point has been on offense--after being the architect of one of the most reliable O's in FCS. Hunt has also lost three double digit fourth quarter leads in his first 16 games (something that didn't really happen under Biddle) and let a few others slip away. But he has also had the youngest Colgate teams in recent memory. This year's squad has four senior starters and another four in the two-deep while having 16 sophomores in the two-deep. Colgate has also really stepped-up its scheduling over the past few years, which can help turn some W's into L's. The team had (somewhat quietly) lost eight of nine before last week--which is the worst stretch in 20 years. It will be interesting to see what the team does from here on out. I think the across-the-board talent and player commitment is the best it's been at Colgate in a long time (though that could be a byproduct of an enhanced social media presence/better program/player promotion/pimping). Also, I agree that that is too many, "/'s" and a pantload of "p" words and that "pantload" isn't a proper word.