PDA

View Full Version : FCS Quarterfinals: Montana State at Appalachian State Gamethread

Pages : 1 [2]

blackfordpu
December 2nd, 2006, 05:27 PM
Another personal foul, against each other...

Yea, what was that all about?

Is Appy St. falling apart?

AshevilleApp
December 2nd, 2006, 05:28 PM
Haven't seen any problems with personal fouls in any other game.......

AshevilleApp
December 2nd, 2006, 05:29 PM
INTERCEPTION!!!!!!!

JohnStOnge
December 2nd, 2006, 05:29 PM
Hindsight is 20:20 but, boy, that trick play sure didn't turn out very well.

appskiah
December 2nd, 2006, 05:30 PM
yeah corey, our big player maker! another unnecessary trick play though

JMU-MRD-DAD
What a stupid call

Appstate29
glad to have him back!

GreenDay17
The announcers are right on with this one. WTF is MSU thinking...all the momentum on their side. WOW!:bang:

Appguy
December 2nd, 2006, 05:31 PM
MSU coaches are beating themselves

blackfordpu
What a stupid call

Its one of those all or nothing calls. Trick plays usually result in a TD or a turnover. This time it was the latter.

chuges1
We keep doing these stupid plays that are killing us and its getting really old...we cant afford mistakes like this.

Appstate29
December 2nd, 2006, 05:32 PM
please score and PUT this game away!

AshevilleApp
Edwards...Man he's friggin fast.......

GSU Eagle
The playcalling by MSU's OC is stupifying.

appst97
about da#n time

AshevilleApp
Finally a USLC penalty on the Cats.....

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 2nd, 2006, 05:33 PM
QB Edwards...Freshman.....APP St will be set for the next few years.....if he holds on to the ball......very quick....

JohnStOnge
Just remember: If it had popped clean and worked, he'd be a genius and the momentum would really be on MSU's side.

MCCat
GSU Eagle...that's what we've been saying FOR YEARS!!! We're moving the ball, have the momentum and he calls crap like that, CLUELESS!

GSU Eagle
December 2nd, 2006, 05:34 PM
It does seem like the annoucers are saying-- that MSU's coaches don't think they are good enough to beat ASU without trick plays.

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2006, 05:35 PM
ASU on the 1 yard line!

Appstate29
December 2nd, 2006, 05:35 PM
1st and goal at the one!

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2006, 05:36 PM
TD APPY!!!! 30 - 17 pending PAT (NOT PAT pending)

blackfordpu
TD Appy State!

Pards Rule
31 - 17 APPY

AshevilleApp
December 2nd, 2006, 05:37 PM
229 yards on the ground......App chewing up yardage

blackfordpu
December 2nd, 2006, 05:37 PM
Montana State needs to keep fighting. This game is not over, not by a long shot!

GSU Eagle
December 2nd, 2006, 05:38 PM
MSU ball on ASU's 37 or something like that. You just have completed a 20 yard screen pass. You are only behind by 7. You have the momentum and you try some reverse pass by a receiver who hasn't thrown a pass all year ???????

So you go from possibly tying the game 24-24 to throwing an intercept and having ASU return it to about the 50.

ASU drives a shortened field and it is now 31-17.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

GreenDay17
December 2nd, 2006, 05:39 PM
I fully expect MSU to score a TD on this upcoming drive.

Griz40
Its not over but wow what a game! (Cats should soooo be in this game better than the score shows....and yes saw the unsportsmanlike against the cats...that is what they do...we in grizland are used to that!)

appst97
Just remember: If it had popped clean and worked, he'd be a genius and the momentum would really be on MSU's side.

IF???? If your aunt had a set ...she'd be your uncle

MCCat
December 2nd, 2006, 05:40 PM
GSU Eagle...that's Bailey (our OC), he doesn't make sense to anyone but himself!

MCCat
December 2nd, 2006, 05:40 PM
Teddy40, Appy has had 4 called against them!

appst97
December 2nd, 2006, 05:41 PM
MURRELL!!!!!

Appstate29
December 2nd, 2006, 05:41 PM
Its not over but wow what a game! (Cats should soooo be in this game better than the score shows....and yes saw the unsportsmanlike against the cats...that is what they do...we in grizland are used to that!)

I disagree, I don't think the score is very indicative of the game, if not for the 3 bad turnovers (and the one MSU turnover) MSU would prob be out of this game by now.
and yes IF IF IFs, its not that way I know, just saying.

Appstate29
December 2nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
thats Murrells 2nd of the day right?

blackfordpu
Ok, now the game is over.

appst97
OMAR BYROM!!!!!!!!

Appguy
thats game

Pards Rule
APP STATE FUMBLE RECOVER AT THE 5

Appstate29
fumble!!!

AshevilleApp
Fumble, App ball on the 3..

GreenDay17
December 2nd, 2006, 05:43 PM
I fully expect MSU to score a TD on this upcoming drive.

I AM NOSTRODAMUS

GSU Eagle
Rolovich is just too slow and immobile. He has had a very poor game.

AshevilleApp
7 sacks for ASU

appst97
Is Rolo gonna make it?

Mountaineer#96
way too much heat getting to that QB, and he he fumbles when it gets there...........that was Omar Byrom's 3rd sack of the game.

appskiah
first we need to score here ; man but great sequence from our D

Appstate29
too much defensive line on that series.

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2006, 05:44 PM
Rolo is making bad choices right and left.

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2006, 05:44 PM
That MSU QB looks like he is shot!

blackfordpu
December 2nd, 2006, 05:46 PM
Man, all those flags are dizzying.http://www.techsupportforum.com/images/smilies/spinning.gif

Pards Rule
Facemask on MSU

appst97
Kramer Vs. Kramer
Coach Vs. Comedian?

Who regrets their latest call the most?

AshevilleApp
Facemask MSU 4 new downs...

This game would be a blowout without Edwards 2 fumbles

GSU Eagle
If I didn't know better I would believe these are SoCon refs. They have a tendency to call way too many penalties.

This has been a strange game. I really think better decision making by MSU's sidelines could have led to this game coming down to the wire.

As it is now though ASU is coasting in.

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2006, 05:47 PM
TD APPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAME IS OVER NOW 38-17

Appstate29
absolutely, but it is what it is, we need to limit tos and penalties for the next game...

appst97
can you walk in any easier?

AshevilleApp
K-Rich 4 Tds today....24 for the year

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2006, 05:48 PM
Congrats to APP STATE.

Griz40
December 2nd, 2006, 05:49 PM
If I didn't know better I would believe these are SoCon refs. They have a tendency to call way too many penalties.

This has been a strange game. I really think better decision making by MSU's sidelines could have led to this game coming down to the wire.

As it is now though ASU is coasting in.
i agree totally

blackfordpu
December 2nd, 2006, 05:49 PM
Congrats to APP STATE.

If I hadn't seen the look on MSU's QB I probably wouldn't agree with you. He is done though.

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2006, 05:50 PM
on that last TD three MSU D-linemen were drove 5 yards deep into the end zone.

Interested to see if MSU will block for the QB now.

GreenDay17
December 2nd, 2006, 05:51 PM
Facemask MSU 4 new downs...

This game would be a blowout without Edwards 2 fumbles

Yeah, and ASU would have 14 fewer points without the blocked punt and this last fumble on the 3.

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2006, 05:51 PM
I would be scared back in the pocket too, the ASU D-line knows they can all get some stats padded, and some big hits.

Appstate29
December 2nd, 2006, 05:52 PM
Yeah, and ASU would have 14 fewer points without the blocked punt and this last fumble on the 3.

MSU would have exactly 7 points without the fumbles and the INT.
so it'd be 24-7...

blackfordpu
December 2nd, 2006, 05:52 PM
Those black jerseys are just dominating MSU. On that last play they were in the backfield way too quick.

Appstate29
December 2nd, 2006, 05:54 PM
I think MSU has all but conceded this game.

blackfordpu
so it'd be 24-7...

Quit talking about what should have been/be. Point is they did fumble.

Appy St. should have 14 less points if it wern't for a stupid trick play call and a fumble.

appst97
MURRELL!!!!

GreenDay17
December 2nd, 2006, 05:55 PM
so it'd be 24-7...

Agreed, so essentially the point spread would be the same.

blackfordpu
I think MSU has all but conceded this game.

I agree with you on that one. That poor QB has had no time and it looks as if MSU has just given up.

Old Cat Fan
ESPN guy just said "he was suprise with UNH quarterfinal loss for a second year in a row" Message to ESPN guy that three years in a row!!! can"t even rub it in right

chuges1
December 2nd, 2006, 05:58 PM
These asumptions of if you hadnt fumbled is just dumb IMO. This is part of the game.....if you hadnt of scored at all the game would be tied....i mean come on. Its just part of the game and this is the score so lets all deal with it. Congrats on the W App.

MCCat
December 2nd, 2006, 05:59 PM
Greenday and appy are you that clueless...no wonder PSU can't ever make the playoffs! Fumbles and INT's are GOOD HUSTLE plays, not pathetic PLAY CALLS! There is a difference!

Obzerver
December 2nd, 2006, 06:01 PM
Has an 18 year old QB ever been in the National Championship game or better yet, won one?

AshevilleApp
December 2nd, 2006, 06:02 PM
These asumptions of if you hadnt fumbled is just dumb IMO. This is part of the game.....if you hadnt of scored at all the game would be tied....i mean come on. Its just part of the game and this is the score so lets all deal with it. Congrats on the W App.

Actually if we had not scored at all you guys would have won.......Armanti's first fumble was clearly his own fault ....I'd give the second one to your heady defensive play.

blackfordpu
December 2nd, 2006, 06:03 PM
time to switch over to an actual game, USC-UCLA.

AshevilleApp
December 2nd, 2006, 06:04 PM
I think ASU and Montana have shown that they are the teams to beat hope they end up in the NC

appst97
December 2nd, 2006, 06:06 PM
Hey kitties, Is Kramer gonna call timeout and "Furman" us

Griz40
December 2nd, 2006, 06:07 PM
Has an 18 year old QB ever been in the National Championship game or better yet, won one?
with no research here......chad pennington vs montana 95

GreenDay17
Greenday and appy are you that clueless...no wonder PSU can't ever make the playoffs! Fumbles and INT's are GOOD HUSTLE plays, not pathetic PLAY CALLS! There is a difference!

That's quite a reach, but I'm sure you've been waiting for any opening for a comeback to you being a fair weathered fan.

My point (and I will spell it out for you since you obviously need it) is that if someone wants to say that "this would be a blowout if we didn't fumble" then they must also take into account the points that they made off of the opponents turnovers. Therefore, this is truly a 21 point game - just like is showing on the scoreboard.

Now you can go back, since MSU will lose this game, and begin to ask for the coaches to be fired.

appst97
nope

cats2506
December 2nd, 2006, 06:09 PM
2 really stupid momentum changing plays called
Kramer should pull Rolo and put Cory in by the 3rd qtr,
Dont know what happened to him but he has been shookup all game

App st IS fast but not the "fastest team in history" as one app st fan said.

The cats needed to play their best game and didnt do it.

This is my first game watching App St so dont know how they were compared to normal but Im not overly impressed.

Richardson is a very good strong back, Edwards will be very good given his age.

Congrats App St

You will have a tough one against the griz if they make it.

Tod
December 2nd, 2006, 06:10 PM
Well, that's the game. Congrats to ASU, you have a very good team, yeah, I'm stating the obvious. I am a bit surprised that it wasn't closer, but y'all came through and played one helluva game.

Congrats!

appskiah
December 2nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
This is my first game watching App St so dont know how they were compared to normal but Im not overly impressed.

what made you unimpressed with asu..besides maybe the lack of self-control/penalties?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 2nd, 2006, 06:16 PM
Credit the App State D for this win...wow. Two turnovers deep in MSU territory made this not a nailbiter game.

GreenDay17
December 2nd, 2006, 06:16 PM
Nice job by both teams. That was a fun game to watch. Both defenses deserve credit - they played hard and forced the offenses into mistakes.

It came down to, IMO, the fact that the MSU offensive line was dominated by the ASU defensive line. ASU got a ton of pressureon the pass and only had to rush 4 to get it done.

Griz40
December 2nd, 2006, 06:19 PM
Speed wasn't as impressive like some have said on here...it was good..don't get me wrong but honestly as a Griz fan watching that game..y'all looked beatable.....very beateable especially against the cats.

B&G
December 2nd, 2006, 06:20 PM
MSU was severely hamstrung by their coaching and poor QB/OL play. The opportunities were there but they couldn't capitalize. I think ASU was the better team and they didn't have their best day offensively yet still rang up 38 points thanks to the D's strong play.

I think if anyone says ASU's D isn't impressive, then that'd be sour grapes.

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2006, 06:22 PM
Observations

We need to take care of the ball better, and stop getting sloppy emotional penalties. We also have to have more physical play from our secondary, in not only run support, but bumping off the line. We had good play by both the O-line and D-line all night.

MSU needs to find a new QB, although a lot of what went wrong with him was crappy "look out" blocks by his O-line, and hustle by our D-line. The MSU coaching ideas with the fake punt and the pass attempt by #88 were some of the dumbest calls I've seen. Although if they didn't do these they don't win, but they at least keep it close for a chance.

CatFan22
December 2nd, 2006, 06:23 PM
Congrats App St.
Good luck the rest of the way.

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Speed wasn't as impressive like some have said on here...it was good..don't get me wrong but honestly as a Griz fan watching that game..y'all looked beatable.....very beateable especially against the cats.

The same 'cat team that went into your house and took you down to the very end in a nail bitter? xidiotx

appst97
December 2nd, 2006, 06:25 PM

If we continue to make the penalties and the turnovers, like we did tonight, we are definately beatable. EVEN by the kitties

AppStateSVX
December 2nd, 2006, 06:25 PM
good game everyone

BelgradeBobcat
December 2nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
Observations

We need to take care of the ball better, and stop getting sloppy emotional penalties. We also have to have more physical play from our secondary, in not only run support, but bumping off the line. We had good play by both the O-line and D-line all night.

MSU needs to find a new QB, although a lot of what went wrong with him was crappy "look out" blocks by his O-line, and hustle by our D-line. The MSU coaching ideas with the fake punt and the pass attempt by #88 were some of the dumbest calls I've seen. Although if they didn't do these they don't win, but they at least keep it close for a chance.

First off-congrats to App St. You're real good.

I agree we probably don't win even without the stupid calls-but I think we could have made you sweat a little more deep into the game and a freshman quarterback-even one as good as yours-could have been forced into a mistake.

I think we need to take a page out of App State's book-start a freshman quarterback next season Cats.

cats2506
December 2nd, 2006, 06:30 PM
what made you unimpressed with asu..besides maybe the lack of self-control/penalties?
I didnt say I was unimpressed, I said I wasnt overly impressed,

Maybe impressed just a little. I still give it to you you got a good team

There were stupid penalties on both sides, The refs were OK and even handed I think.

I watched this board for a week, and listing to thier fans and the national reports the cats didnt have a chance, this team was supposed to be faster than lighting and able to walk on water. They were just a good quick FCS team. We were in it until the beginning of the 4th when the OC shot them in the foot calling jefferson to pass.

We were in it upintil the 4th and the playcalling took the wind out of the team. Had that not happened the momentum may have carried it another way. In the first 3 qtrs the D showed that they could stop them, not every time but they could when needed.

We played the 1st 3 qtrs with a QB that looked like he wanted to crawl in a hole in hide, It was a very poor performance on his part. We still held with them until the OC ended it.

Appstate29
December 2nd, 2006, 06:32 PM
There were stupid penalties on both sides, The refs were OK and even handed I think.

I watched this board for a week, and listing to thier fans and the national reports the cats didnt have a chance, this team was supposed to be faster than lighting and able to walk on water. They were just a good quick FCS team. We were in it until the beginning of the 4th when the OC shot them in the foot calling jefferson to pass.

We were in it upintil the 4th and the playcalling took the wind out of the team. Had that not happened the momentum may have carried it another way. In the first 3 qtrs the D showed that they could stop them, not every time but they could when needed.

We played the 1st 3 qtrs with a QB that looked like he wanted to crawl in a hole in hide, It was a very poor performance on his part. We still held with them until the OC ended it.

I disagree, I didn't really feel like the Bobcats were in it at all this game, even at 14-10.

MCCat
December 2nd, 2006, 06:36 PM
I disagree, I didn't really feel like the Bobcats were in it at all this game, even at 14-10.

What a "surprising" comment from an Appy fan!xlolx :hurray: :smiley_wi

Kind of reminds me of the players on the field today!:rolleyes:

Griz40
December 2nd, 2006, 06:38 PM

I have to agree...just do...you can call me crazy if you want but still...look what the Griz did today to Arkee. And who does App State have as its perenial grudge match? That one I ask without trying to stir up the bees...just curious. You can throw everything out the window when it comes to the "Brawl of the wild". Does App have the same thing? I know you think your conference is tougher but I honestly am curious about the whole "rivalry" thing. I ask this as an honest question and a new poster to this site.

Appguy
December 2nd, 2006, 06:40 PM
when the score was 14-10 was about the only time i felt they were in the game cause all we could do on offense was turn it over but the only MSU points at that point in the game were off short fields

cats2506
December 2nd, 2006, 06:41 PM

beginning of the 4th qtr. We were down 8 inside your 40 and had scored 7 on our previous drive and had stopped you on your previous drive and your O line was fighting amongst themselves. I felt we were still in it, and the looks on the crowds faces showed that also.

Appstate29
December 2nd, 2006, 06:43 PM
What a "surprising" comment from an Appy fan!xlolx :hurray: :smiley_wi

Kind of reminds me of the players on the field today!:rolleyes:

hey take your sour grapes out on someone else, i'm just giving you my honest opinion.

appman87
December 2nd, 2006, 06:48 PM
Congrats App St.
Good luck the rest of the way.
Thanks, You guys made me a bit fearful until the 4th quarter.

MCCat
December 2nd, 2006, 06:55 PM
Sour grapes...a little touchy are we? I pointed out that you weren't watching the same game as EVERYONE ELSE (even those in attendance at the game as well as on the sidelines...what was that fight BETWEEN Appy teammates about...because they were comfortably in the lead w/ the game in hand? Don't think so!), which is MY "honest opinion" and your upset. Pretty telling.

lizrdgizrd
December 2nd, 2006, 07:03 PM
MSU good 3 quarters of play. I'm not sure what happened there in the 4th 'cause I missed it (putting the kid to bed(my wife sure picked a great day to get a stomach bug :bang: )). No doubt you guys were tough. Good luck in the off season and hope you enjoyed the trip to Boone! :hurray:

B&G
December 2nd, 2006, 07:04 PM
MSU good 3 quarters of play. I'm not sure what happened there in the 4th 'cause I missed it (putting the kid to bed(my wife sure picked a great day to get a stomach bug :bang: )). No doubt you guys were tough. Good luck in the off season and hope you enjoyed the trip to Boone! :hurray:

More like 2 good quarters. They stunk in the 1st quarter.

cats2506
December 2nd, 2006, 07:12 PM
More like 2 good quarters. They stunk in the 1st quarter.

Ill agree with that, But they came back from it in the 2nd

boonedocks
December 2nd, 2006, 07:18 PM
I know it's cliche to say in a rivalry game to throw the records, and then the final score out the window. But like our game at Georgia Southern, and knowing the history of cats/griz, I'm not really evaluating either team by that game.:twocents:

gRiZfBaLL04
December 2nd, 2006, 07:29 PM
for a minute there I for sure thought that montana state could pull off one of the biggest upsets this season. but its ok...the offense got some good quarters of play in in the beginning and they put up a good fight! i know that the griz fans have been cheering them on throughout the playoffs and hopefully they'll cheer us on too!!

DuckDuckGriz
December 2nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
It's funny to me how App State is saying that the only reason MSU was in this game was because App kept making mistakes. I wonder what it would have been like if MSU had not dug themselves in a hole early (blocked punt, etc). And I wonder what it would have been like had the Cats not been so banged up on their roster. Methinks Mountaineer fans need to come off their high horse and realize that their team is more than beatable.

Good job today by the Cats, impressive finish by ASU.

B&G
December 2nd, 2006, 07:48 PM
Ill agree with that, But they came back from it in the 2nd

They sure did. Here's where ASU's home field came in to play. The adrenaline of KBS helped App come out on fire in order to get the 14-0 lead. Montana State buckled down and fought back. Then things went awry. I think the Bobs' coaching staff made some stupid calls because they were pressing. Would they have felt the need to call the fake punt or WR pass if they were at home? Interesting question in my mind.

DuckDuckGriz
December 2nd, 2006, 07:50 PM
They sure did. Here's where ASU's home field came in to play. The adrenaline of KBS helped App come out on fire in order to get the 14-0 lead. Montana State buckled down and fought back. Then things went awry. I think the Bobs' coaching staff made some stupid calls because they were pressing. Would they have felt the need to call the fake punt or WR pass if they were at home? Interesting question in my mind.

That's some good analysis. I agree with you on the coaching staff, and I am completely sure that the home atmosphere has been helping the Griz in the last two games also.

B&G
December 2nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
It's funny to me how App State is saying that the only reason MSU was in this game was because App kept making mistakes. I wonder what it would have been like if MSU had not dug themselves in a hole early (blocked punt, etc). And I wonder what it would have been like had the Cats not been so banged up on their roster. Methinks Mountaineer fans need to come off their high horse and realize that their team is more than beatable.

I think the inverse is more correct. Montana State lost because THEY kept making mistakes. Bottom line is there were too many "ifs" for MSU in this game. Some were their fault (playcalls), some were ASU's doing (constant QB pressure), and some are just the game of football (Refs and injuries)

All teams are beatable. ASU isn't perfect but I still like our chances at home.

Griz40
December 2nd, 2006, 08:26 PM
You have good chances at home...I honestly thought the Cats were the best team to beat you at home. It will be nice to see y'all in Chatty!

hapapp
December 2nd, 2006, 08:39 PM
From someone who was at the game today...Both teams made some costly mistakes, the better team overcame their mistakes and went on win with a fourth quarter blitz. I give MSU a lot of credit they were opportunistic. They took advantage of the ASU mistakes to get themselves back in the game. In the end, the ASU defense was just too much for MSU.

The great fear we have had all year was that Edwards would make some crucial mistakes that would cost us a game. In the first half, he made some mistakes (though not all were his fault). However, he played a more solid second half.

For the second game in a row ASU has two runners go for 100+ yards.

These are the playoffs, it is not supposed to be easy at this point. MSU sure didn't make it easy.

matfu
December 2nd, 2006, 08:47 PM
app state was clearly the better team...yet with a few turnovers they were only 7 down going into the 4th. 38-17 is almost a blowout. i predict app state will win it all. if they don't beat themselves, nobody else will beat them.

ncguitarplyr
December 2nd, 2006, 08:50 PM
who here honestly thought montana state was the better team out there

1 more game to national championship #2!

AshevilleApp
December 2nd, 2006, 08:56 PM

My posts were referring to a blatant fumble caused by a runner holding the ball out away from his body....that is a single player mistake. I'll concede that the other two turnovers were merely defensive caused, etc. App has not shown to be clearly beatable yet this season outside of the opening game loss to NC State.

As an ASU fan hell I'm comfortable with a 38-17 win in which my team did not play at the top of there game.....Now if they can just stop the turnovers for next weekend I'd be even happier.

You can say "good job" Cats all you want but they managed just 9 first downs were almost sacked more times than they got first downs (8) all and managed just 254 total yards. App also "gave" them 116 yards on 9 penalties most of them unsportsmanlike conducts.

AshevilleApp
December 2nd, 2006, 09:00 PM
beginning of the 4th qtr. We were down 8 inside your 40 and had scored 7 on our previous drive and had stopped you on your previous drive and your O line was fighting amongst themselves. I felt we were still in it, and the looks on the crowds faces showed that also.

This is football....Offensive Linemen fighting amongst themselves is a good thing.....its how they interact :nod:

hapapp
December 2nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
You can say "good job" Cats all you want but they managed just 9 first downs were almost sacked more times than they got first downs (8) all and managed just 254 total yards. App also "gave" them 116 yards on 9 penalties.

I thought MSU did a good job of getting themselves back into the game. I will admit to being worried in the 3rd quarter. I definitely felt we were the better team watching first hand, but we didn't do what we needed to do to put some distance between ourselves and MSU. Give the Bobcats some credit for that.

AshevilleApp
December 2nd, 2006, 09:08 PM
Ok you got me I was a bit nervous late in the 3rd as well although I still say we stop ourselves moreoften than the opposing team stops us (meaning I was more nervous we would lose the ball again....)

Tubby Raymond
December 2nd, 2006, 09:09 PM
MSU coaches panicked and gave up on thier team way too early. Too many "trick" plays.:bawling:

ncman071
December 2nd, 2006, 09:19 PM
anybody know what the final attendance numbers were for this game?

AshevilleApp
December 2nd, 2006, 09:21 PM

Ah the famous pat on the back, slap in the face at the same time. I'm guessing the unbeatable Grizz are faster?

Anybody is beatable when they give the opposing team 3 shots on a short field with 3 turnovers in the 2nd quarter and 116 yards off of stupid penalties. I'm sure if Montana did that in a Nationally televised game I'd be in your thread posting the same thing......

CamelCityYosef
December 2nd, 2006, 09:29 PM
anybody know what the final attendance numbers were for this game?

On the radio post game, they said 15k and change (I don't remember the exact number).

Griz40
December 2nd, 2006, 09:33 PM
Ah the famous pat on the back, slap in the face at the same time. I'm guessing the unbeatable Grizz are faster?

Anybody is beatable when they give the opposing team 3 shots on a short field with 3 turnovers in the 2nd quarter and 116 yards off of stupid penalties. I'm sure if Montana did that in a Nationally televised game I'd be in your thread posting the same thing......
I wouldn't expect anything less.
The Cats got to you all first tho....App State had some dumb personal foul penalties which surprised me. I thought you would have been more composed than that. Not only that but they got you more flustered than I expected. I honestly was surprised.

asu7
December 2nd, 2006, 09:40 PM

We look beatable huh ...
and especially against the cats huh ....
WHAT WAS YOUR SCORE AGAINST THE CATS?

hapapp
December 2nd, 2006, 09:48 PM
At times we did look beatable. When we turned it over 3 times in the first half, we looked beatable. This was a game that the defense won. On four of our TDs we started at midfield or better because of stout defensive play. We will need to get better play from our offense if we are to win the next two games. Hats off the offense, though, on putting it together when the game was in the balance.

Griz40
December 2nd, 2006, 10:03 PM
At times we did look beatable. When we turned it over 3 times in the first half, we looked beatable. This was a game that the defense won. On four of our TDs we started at midfield or better because of stout defensive play. We will need to get better play from our offense if we are to win the next two games. Hats off the offense, though, on putting it together when the game was in the balance.
Well put. As one who hasn't seen you guys play yet I am just saying I was surprised. All I said was you guys looked beatable especially against the Cats...whom we are use to. They got to you guys and it was apparent watching the game. You got sucked in partially and honestly I thought that was funny. But I did see things that I honestly think were chinks in your armor. Again that is my opinion. It was still a well fought win.

CamelCityYosef
December 2nd, 2006, 10:04 PM
Every team is beatable. Every home win that gets added to the streak is also 1 game closer to when the streak is inevitably broken.

That said, you can't deny ASU is on an incredible roll.
5th straight game App has put 30 or more on the scoreboard.
5th straight game ASU has won by at least 3 scores.
Last 4 out of 5 games (including this one), ASU has produced at least 100 yards more of total offense than opponent.
2nd straight 100+ rushing games for BOTH Edwards and Richardson.

Were we rough in some spots? Sure. 1st half turnovers were not good. MSU did a great job capitalizing on them. Also, this was easily ASU's worst game for penalty yards in quite some time. I'm sure these things are already being addressed.

All in all, another great effort. I like our chances moving forward.

hapapp
December 2nd, 2006, 10:16 PM
We've certainly reached that point of the season, where any one of four teams has a legitimate shot at the title. All are capable of reeling off two wins, all are beatable. Should be an interesting two weeks.

BTW, ASU is the first top seed since 2002 to make it past the second round.

BULLDOG8180
December 2nd, 2006, 10:38 PM
Congratulations App. St.

Go Armanti, make your home town proud!

hApPYaPpYFan
December 2nd, 2006, 10:42 PM
Congrats ASU........Lynch's INT was a huge.

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2006, 11:09 PM
Every team is beatable. Every home win that gets added to the streak is also 1 game closer to when the streak is inevitably broken.

Every team remaining is VERY capable of winning it all. ASU will not be able to turn the ball over 3 times and win again this year. I'm expecting a lot of good football the next two weeks, I hope ASU can pull everything together next week, we'll need it against a solid YSU team.

rb45070
December 2nd, 2006, 11:21 PM
Time to throw in my opinion. I was at work until 8 but tivo'd the game and watched it when I got home, then came on here to read the posts.

You just about could not ask for a better first quarter from App. They were strong on both sides of the ball, and played very motivated. Then in the second we went to hell. MSU has a great d and I will give them credit for that, they caused the to's and the o capitalized and put the points on the board. I would like to know what the coaches said to Armanti at the half to try and get him calmed down. The third was a battle and the mo swung both ways. And I think everyone can agree that the Jefferson pass was a horrible call. Contrary to what some have said, MSU was very much in the game until that point. It definately took the wind out of them. That being said, it was a strong finish by App to seal the victory.

And just general questions/comments for some MSU fans:
Does Leblanc always paint his face for games? That punt has to go. I know we got lucky and got one but that just looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Do yall have a lot of blocks or no?

But i will shut up now and congrats to the Bobcats on a good season and wish them a good safe trip back to Bozeman.

HiHiYikas
December 3rd, 2006, 12:13 AM
Clearly, the Bobcats have more then proven that they deserved a playoff spot. They gave ASU a good game for the most part, and made things interesting well into the 4th quarter. MSU fans, your team played a great game.

This fan isn't getting too worked up about ASU's "looking beatable.” To say "ASU looked beatable" is nothing at all like a slam or put-down, and it's not reasonable to read it that way. If ASU didn't look beatable after struggling to a 14-7 win against Wofford, or eking out an overtime win at Ga Southern, I don't know how to describe it. Looking beatable isn’t a problem, particularly when the opposition isn’t, well, beating you.

ASU looked beatable at every stop in last season's playoffs - an 11-point win against a fired-up Lafayette, a closer-than-MSU-made-it 38-24 win against So. Ill, a Furman game that looked bleak for the Mountaineers right up until the end of the 4th quarter, and a 16-7 halftime deficit against UNI. If looking beatable was all it took to get knocked out of the playoffs, ASU wouldn’t be the defending champs.

One hopes that ASU can maintain its habit of coming out on top in spite of making mistakes or “looking beatable.” This time last year, ASU was winning playoff games by about 12 points. Through these two rounds, the average victory margin has been 19.

They scored 38, which seemed to a number of MSU fans to be more than the Bobcats could possibly allow. They had 100 yards rushing…and then another 100…and then another 83 (another 100-yard day for 2 guys). They won the first-down battle 21-9. Numbers like those seem to suggest that the Mountaineers are playing solidly enough to overcome errors, "beatable-ness," ans so on.

Will the 41.5 points a game in the playoffs continue for ASU? Probably not. Will they continue to look beatable? Of course. Will they keep winning? That can only be hammered out on the field.

yosef1969
December 3rd, 2006, 12:28 AM
Good post HiYikas! There's a world of difference between looking beatable and getting beaten. Hell I thought we looked beatable in the first half against GW! Final score is the only stat that really matters in the end.

Can't wait for YSU to come to KBS. Based on tradition alone, this is going to be special! Throw in the fact that it's two very good teams, it should be great.

BelgradeBobcat
December 3rd, 2006, 12:38 AM
Time to throw in my opinion. I was at work until 8 but tivo'd the game and watched it when I got home, then came on here to read the posts.

You just about could not ask for a better first quarter from App. They were strong on both sides of the ball, and played very motivated. Then in the second we went to hell. MSU has a great d and I will give them credit for that, they caused the to's and the o capitalized and put the points on the board. I would like to know what the coaches said to Armanti at the half to try and get him calmed down. The third was a battle and the mo swung both ways. And I think everyone can agree that the Jefferson pass was a horrible call. Contrary to what some have said, MSU was very much in the game until that point. It definately took the wind out of them. That being said, it was a strong finish by App to seal the victory.

And just general questions/comments for some MSU fans:
Does Leblanc always paint his face for games? That punt has to go. I know we got lucky and got one but that just looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Do yall have a lot of blocks or no?

But i will shut up now and congrats to the Bobcats on a good season and wish them a good safe trip back to Bozeman.

Thanks for the nice comments.

There are many threads over at Bobcatnation.com about our stupid roll punting. Kramer instituted it a few years ago because we were having terrible problems punting the ball and covering punts. It just so happened that our former quarterback, Travis Lulay, roll punted in high school. Lulay took over the roll punting duties and did an adequate job-but more importantly, we stopped getting gashed by long punt returns. It was also a nice weapon with the athletic Lulay who could take off and run with it at anytime.

But last year opponents started figuring it out. A major reason for last year's Bobcat team (which may have been better than this year's team) for not making the playoffs was a blocked roll punt at Portland State.

This season punting has been a disaster. Several have been blocked-or punted low right into the chest of a defender who couldn't get out of the way if he tried. Weber State blocked one for safety that darn near cost us that game. But for whatever reason (hard headedness I think) our coach insists on using it.

It works good if we're at or near mid-field, but not when we're punting deep in our own territory.

Congrats to App State. :bow:

yosef1969
December 3rd, 2006, 12:54 AM
speaking of punts . . . not smacking but did ASU punt in the first half? I was at the game and honestly can't recall. I remember ASU turning it over on downs in the first quarter and of course the 3 turnovers limited punting "opportunities".

catbob
December 3rd, 2006, 01:00 AM
I read a few pages of this thread after I had to leave for work, but I didn't see any comments on something that concerned me.

What was the deal with over half of the ASU players refusing to shake hands after the game?

texcap
December 3rd, 2006, 01:11 AM

They hang 38 points on you. At least seven sacks, hold you to 17 points despite three turnovers and your not impressed?

It is either impossible to impress you or you have a very low opinion of the ability of your team.

AppState's D dominated your O-line and the MSU quarterback all but through in the towel at the beginning of the third.

Keeper
December 3rd, 2006, 03:51 AM
Man! That Richardson is such a load. If I were the YSU coach,
I'd triple the men on him and force the pass.
Penguin defense is pretty average. If Marcus Mason & Co
use ball control and win possession time, they have a good shot.

AppMan
December 3rd, 2006, 08:10 AM
They hang 38 points on you. At least seven sacks, hold you to 17 points despite three turnovers and your not impressed?

It is either impossible to impress you or you have a very low opinion of the ability of your team.

AppState's D dominated your O-line and the MSU quarterback all but through in the towel at the beginning of the third.

This is the most accurate and to the point post I have seen on this thread. I was at the game then watched it on DVD after getting home. MSU has some good players, but they need to concentrate more on the playing part and less on the talking part. Plain and simple, if we don't turn the ball over this thing is a blow-out by the half. Credit them for taking advantage of them, but for goodness sakes people they only had nine first downs for the game! They hit a few big plays and that was it. That's not talking smack, those are the facts. Everyone keeps saying they aren't impressed with our team, and ASU isn't really all that fast. The only thing I know is the Apps are 12-1, headed to the semi-finals, and have won their first two play off games by an average of about 3 TD's per game. Again... no smack, just facts.

Mr. C
December 3rd, 2006, 08:26 AM
I read a few pages of this thread after I had to leave for work, but I didn't see any comments on something that concerned me.

What was the deal with over half of the ASU players refusing to shake hands after the game?
It might have had something to do with the behavior of a group of Montana State players before, during and after the game. There were some Bobcat players that displayed some of the worst sportmanship ever seen at Kidd Brewer Stadium. I was on the field for about half of the fourth quarter and got caught in the middle of some exchanges after the game that were pretty classless. There were also several ASU people that I trust a lot that told me some of what was being said and done by a group of MSU players. Trust me when I say that some of the things that were said were absolutely scandalous and completely distastful. I really don't want to go into much detail, because if I did, it wouldn't reflect very well on Montana State. Short of a University of Miami-type brawl (which fortunately didn't happen), the junk going on was totally dispicable and totally out of place in college football, or any other sporting event.

tralfangar
December 3rd, 2006, 08:33 AM
I don't want to make this into a he said / she said thread, but Mr. C is completely accurate in terms of what he saw and heard. Like him I won't go into detail, but if you want a little glimpse you can watch the tape and see the biggest punk of them all, #5 MSU, punch our guy in the facemask with absolutely no instigation by our team....it only went downhill from there. Too bad ESPN never showed what actually was going on.

Mr. C
December 3rd, 2006, 08:50 AM
I don't want to make this into a he said / she said thread, but Mr. C is completely accurate in terms of what he saw and heard. Like him I won't go into detail, but if you want a little glimpse you can watch the tape and see the biggest punk of them all, #5 MSU, punch our guy in the facemask with absolutely no instigation by our team....it only went downhill from there. Too bad ESPN never showed what actually was going on.
If any of the language had been reported, it could very well turn into something that would head up Sports Center. It was that bad. Michael Richards has nothing on some of these guys.

And Tralfanger, No. 5 (MSU senior safety Marcosus LeBlanc) was the guy acting up after the game. I was all of about two feet away from him. I was very surprised that security on the field didn't escort him out of the stadium.

tralfangar
December 3rd, 2006, 08:53 AM
Yup, that's why I said it only went downhill from there... : smh :

But I'm really not going to talk about this anymore, the game is over and the best thing that could've happened to him happened. They lost. :bawling:

Yosef is all U need
December 3rd, 2006, 08:59 AM
Did we ever get an answer on Mr. Personality (MSU#5 Le Blanc) and the face painting question?

CamelCityYosef
December 3rd, 2006, 09:26 AM
By the end of the game, the App student section had singled out #5 for their wrath. I think he deserved it.

It's too bad-- most of the Bobcats played with a lot of heart, and really hung there. I'm not going to judge the entire team by the actions of few.

rb45070
December 3rd, 2006, 10:15 AM
You know we are just gonna beat this in the ground. Should Leblanc have gotten a flag? Yes, but he didn't and there is nothing that we can do or say to go back and change it. But no matter what, it does not excuse the stupid penalties that App got. I mean 5 or 6 unsportman like is completely unacceptable, regardless of what any opponent said or did. And the fighting on the sideline, way to represent us on national tv fellas. I was an o-lineman in high school, and **** happens, but save it for practice. What is some recruit gonna think, oh yea i wanna go there so i can fight on the sideline. Damn we had better grow up in time for YSU or else. I'm sorry but another undisciplined performance like that, and we will watch the championship game on tv.

psc2445
December 3rd, 2006, 10:26 AM
You know we are just gonna beat this in the ground. Should Leblanc have gotten a flag? Yes, but he didn't and there is nothing that we can do or say to go back and change it. But no matter what, it does not excuse the stupid penalties that App got. I mean 5 or 6 unsportman like is completely unacceptable, regardless of what any opponent said or did. And the fighting on the sideline, way to represent us on national tv fellas. I was an o-lineman in high school, and **** happens, but save it for practice. What is some recruit gonna think, oh yea i wanna go there so i can fight on the sideline. Damn we had better grow up in time for YSU or else. I'm sorry but another undisciplined performance like that, and we will watch the championship game on tv.

relax, sideline stuff like that is good and they made nice in the end.:twocents: it is a violent and intense game. maybe the recruit will be observant enough to realize this. maybe he will like the intensity and want to be a part of it.

BigApp
December 3rd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Interesting that Bobcat fans stopped posting in this thread after this question was answered:

cats2506
December 3rd, 2006, 01:22 PM
Interesting that Bobcat fans stopped posting in this thread after this question was answered:

Oh get off it, You Won and We Lost. We played poorly (QB and Play Calls) you played below yourself according to your own fans. and we were in it until the 4th.

I saw the face slap and thought it was wrong but neither you, I or the ESPN announcers know what happened before it. From what I understand the student section took to harrassing him after that and he responded in a poor manner, Your crowd did what home crowds do and got to him but he still stepped up and played, We didnt have the 4 unsportsmanlike conduct calls you did and thats how the refs called it and they were closer to the action than either of us. Now you are trying to say that our players were the cause of your penelties.

You wanna see a brawl you should watch a Cat/Grizz game, but they always shake afterward and leave it on the field.

Not coming out to shake afterwards just shows that the penelty calls were right.

Congrats to you but I am sure that your coach has moved on and is worried about Y St, after what I saw he should be.

mistersykes
December 3rd, 2006, 01:36 PM
Leblanc was askin' for all that teasing even before the game started. I thought it was funny how every chant was aimed at #5 by the end of the game. But all of that unsportsmanlike conduct on the field took a bit away from a fun game. I hope whatever happened out there doesn't happen again, especially when it's on national tv, because it doesn't reflect well on any of our schools.

BelgradeBobcat
December 3rd, 2006, 02:43 PM
:argue:
but if you want a little glimpse you can watch the tape and see the biggest punk of them all, #5 MSU, punch our guy in the facemask with absolutely no instigation by our team....it only went downhill from there. Too bad ESPN never showed what actually was going on.

So when I watch the tape and see the App State guy's mouths yapping right before the face mask incident I can be assured they were sharing their personal testimony with LeBlanc? And those 4 or 5 unsportsmanlike penalties on your team were just a misunderstanding.

LeBlanc should have been tossed and if seen by the refs probably would have been. The cameras also showed our coach tearing him a new one on the sideline. What did your coach do about your team's antics? All I saw him do was cry to the refs all game long-while your offensive linemen were trying to take each other's heads off.

Mountaineer#96
December 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM

So when I watch the tape and see the App State guy's mouths yapping right before the face mask incident I can be assured they were sharing their personal testimony with LeBlanc? And those 4 or 5 unsportsmanlike penalties on your team were just a misunderstanding.

LeBlanc should have been tossed and if seen by the refs probably would have been. The cameras also showed our coach tearing him a new one on the sideline. What did your coach do about your team's antics? All I saw him do was cry to the refs all game long-while your offensive linemen were trying to take each other's heads off.
If you knew who those two O-linemen were then its not an issue, they get in each other faces often to fire each other up. They were not fighting as the ESPN crew thought. Notice that no coaches stepped in or anything, b/c it is a common weekly thing with them. They are actually like best friends off the field. They are just two fired up intense SOB's thats all.

appheel
December 3rd, 2006, 03:01 PM
I saw the face slap and thought it was wrong but neither you, I or the ESPN announcers know what happened before it. From what I understand the student section took to harrassing him after that and he responded in a poor manner, Your crowd did what home crowds do and got to him but he still stepped up and played,

Of course the students were harrassing him, he egged it on. He danced and grabbed his crotch at the students during warm ups. Any student section in the country would harrass a guy like that.

Besides, it doesn't matter what happened before he punched an App player, nothing excuses that kind of reaction.

cats2506
December 3rd, 2006, 03:07 PM
Of course the students were harrassing him, he egged it on. He danced and grabbed his crotch at the students during warm ups. Any student section in the country would harrass a guy like that.

Besides, it doesn't matter what happened before he punched an App player, nothing excuses that kind of reaction.

Then stop making excuses for the penalties made by your players.

cats2506
December 3rd, 2006, 03:12 PM
I think that App st is having trouble coming to grips with the fact that #18 came into their house and gave them a problem for 3qtrs before our play calling lost the game. What does it tell you about the problems they may have w/ #2, #3 or #4

Mountaineer
December 3rd, 2006, 03:25 PM
I think that App st is having trouble coming to grips with the fact that #18 came into their house and gave them a problem for 3qtrs before our play calling lost the game. What does it tell you about the problems they may have w/ #2, #3 or #4

Indeed, we practically gift-wrapped this game for the Bobcats with 100+ yards in penalties and turnovers. Had we been playing a decent team we may have lost. ;)

Enjoy your offseason. xsmoochx

BelgradeBobcat
December 3rd, 2006, 03:26 PM
Then stop making excuses for the penalties made by your players.

Can I get an AMEN!

appheel
December 3rd, 2006, 03:27 PM
When did I make excuses? And can you really compare a few excessive celebration penalties and some stupid shoving matches to punching someone in the helmet and not getting called for it?

Edited to add:
I'm sure Coach Moore will address the penalties this week because obviously that's unacceptable, and its not how ASU plays football. I'm just tired of MSU fan's unrealistic moral superiority.

appsfan
December 3rd, 2006, 03:44 PM
From the stands I did notice a lot of MSU junk being talked. Usually, it is the player who retaliates who gets the penalty. BTW. who is your #8? I want to thank him for asking for more noise when MSU had the ball. We were more than happy to oblige. On a different note, I did bump into one of your fans at a restaurant after the game and I would have to say that he was very gracious in his comments. :thumbsup: Now it is time to open Penguin season.

cats2506
December 3rd, 2006, 03:54 PM
When did I make excuses? And can you really compare a few excessive celebration penalties and some stupid shoving matches to punching someone in the helmet and not getting called for it?

Maybe not you specificly since I see you have only made a few posts, But the majority of the App St fans seem to make posts indicating that the Unsportsmanlike conduct calls should have gone against MSU and the refs just somehow pointed at the wrong player.

So shoving & Taunting, are OK because ASU does it but a tap to the facemask is not because MSU does that????

As I said in my first post on the subject both sides were in the wrong, But ASU still feels the need to defend their players inapproiate actions.

I am proud of our team, We were not expected to be here at all when we were 1-3 and came back to hang w/ the #1 defending NC team for 3qtrs, Yes I would have like to seen us go further but we did good to make it this far this year.

Hope to see you again next year, Maybe in Bozeman.

This is my last post on this thread. Done

APPST '93
December 3rd, 2006, 03:58 PM
I am proud of our team, We were not expected to be here at all when we were 1-3 and came back to hang w/ the #1 defending NC team for 3qtrs, Yes I would have like to seen us go further but we did good to make it this far this year.

Hope to see you again next year, Maybe in Bozeman.

This is my last post on this thread. Done

I think you hung for 2 qtrs. We kicked it into OD in the 4th. A great team knows how to finish!

psc2445
December 3rd, 2006, 04:03 PM

nice try clown

AshevilleApp
December 3rd, 2006, 04:58 PM

Play-calling lost the game?....so that's like saying a few less turnovers and it would have been a blowout.....

Honestly I think your offensive line lost the game

HiHiYikas
December 3rd, 2006, 05:17 PM
Play-calling lost the game?....so that's like saying a few less turnovers and it would have been a blowout....
I am surprised that fans are so willing to bash their own teams like that. It's like when so many Furman fans insinuated that the blocked field goal cost them a game that went 41-7 ASU.

It's a mixed message, really. A team can't simultaneously deserve a playoff spot and call enough bad plays to lose by 21 points. A team that calls that many bad plays is a bad team, too bad to have gotten into the playoffs.

hApPYaPpYFan
December 3rd, 2006, 05:19 PM
#5 for the Cats made a complete idiot of himself in warm-ups, sat there and watched the whole spectacle and the Montana coaches never said a word to him. He was more worried about taunting the student section than focusing on warm-ups. With that said I watched members of both teams coming together center field at the end of the game, going on one knee and praising the real King! That was what left an impression on me. It was a good game all around, both teams played well, good luck to the Cats next year.

Saint3333
December 3rd, 2006, 05:27 PM

Some of the Bobcat fans have trouble coming to grips.

First downs
ASU 21 MSU 9
ASU outgained MSU by 110 yards. Take out the 70 yards on MSU's last drive against our second string and they don't break 200 yards of offense.

ASU had SEVEN sacks.

And let's not even discuss special teams.

We win you lose. It does look like MSU could be a great team next year though.

TheRock21
December 3rd, 2006, 05:47 PM
The score does not indicate how lopsided this game really was. Every possession they scored on started on the short side of the field, and was due to turnovers by App. 45-10 is indicative of how the game was really played out. You could tell this was a team that had only 1 playoff win in the last two decades, and they are supposed to be the second best team from the Big Sky:confused:

BelgradeBobcat
December 3rd, 2006, 06:38 PM
and they are supposed to be the second best team from the Big Sky:confused:

Well we beat somebody to get there...the second place team in the SoCon as a matter of fact.

I'm done. Your team is great. You beat us fair and square. Good luck next week.

We'll be back.

GreenDay17
December 3rd, 2006, 06:56 PM
The score does not indicate how lopsided this game really was. Every possession they scored on started on the short side of the field, and was due to turnovers by App. 45-10 is indicative of how the game was really played out. You could tell this was a team that had only 1 playoff win in the last two decades, and they are supposed to be the second best team from the Big Sky:confused:

Not that it really matters, but if you are going to throw out comments like this you really need to know the facts.

MSU's three scoring drives averaged 43.3 yards - two of which followed ASU turnovers.

ASU's six scoring drives averaged 37.6 yards - two of which followed MSU turnovers and one from a punt block.

Both teams benefitted from the short field and miscues of the other. There is no way this was a 35 point game. It finished just like it should have - with ASU winning by 21.:twocents:

Appguy
December 3rd, 2006, 09:52 PM
My brother found Montana State #95's cleats in the trash.
look to be basically brand new. nice

AZGrizFan
December 3rd, 2006, 09:56 PM
Not that it really matters, but if you are going to throw out comments like this you really need to know the facts.

MSU's three scoring drives averaged 43.3 yards - two of which followed ASU turnovers.

ASU's six scoring drives averaged 37.6 yards - two of which followed MSU turnovers and one from a punt block.

Both teams benefitted from the short field and miscues of the other. There is no way this was a 35 point game. It finished just like it should have - with ASU winning by 21.:twocents:

Nice post. Exactly right. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AZGrizFan
December 3rd, 2006, 09:56 PM

Does your brother wear size 15 cleats? :confused: ;) ;)

HLecter
December 3rd, 2006, 10:00 PM
Man! That Richardson is such a load. If I were the YSU coach,
I'd triple the men on him and force the pass.
Penguin defense is pretty average. If Marcus Mason & Co
use ball control and win possession time, they have a good shot.

What the hell do you know about our defense??

stats??

They don't tell the whole story

HLecter
December 3rd, 2006, 10:05 PM
Saw a lot of App Mont smack on this thread.

Don't you guys both have another game to play first??

Hope your coaches and p;layers feel the same way

Appguy
December 3rd, 2006, 10:27 PM
Does your brother wear size 15 cleats?

Hes a Tight end according to the website theyre both like 250, didnt ask him if they fit well but I think they did

boonegoon
December 3rd, 2006, 10:27 PM

That 1 yard scoring drive really changes the average.

CamelCityYosef
December 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM

xlolx xlolx Really can't get much more of short field than that, can you?

I was rooting for a safety on that drive, because, you know, safeties are so cool...

CamelCityYosef
December 3rd, 2006, 10:30 PM

Well, it's not like he needs them anymore...:smiley_wi

Mountaineer#96
December 3rd, 2006, 10:51 PM
the grapes have gone sour :eek:

Appguy
December 3rd, 2006, 10:52 PM
Last night I saw their team bus idling in the road and their coach given them a speech at like 9PM. most of the team was just lookin out the windows

Mountaineer#96
December 3rd, 2006, 10:57 PM
I remember our 4th Q meltdown at Western Carolina in 2004. The scene in that locker room was one of the most heart breaking things I've been through. I can understand what those guys were going through. You played hard, but it just didn't happen thats football sometimes.

AppMan
December 3rd, 2006, 11:00 PM

Toss out the 18 yards to the endzone following the blocked punt (3 plays) and the 3 yarder at the end of the game and ASU's other four scoring drives averaged 51 yards.

GreenDay17
December 3rd, 2006, 11:01 PM

It was a 3 yard scoring drive, and taking it out of the equation ASU had 5 scoring drives that averaged 44.6 yards. Both teams still scoring mostly on short fields.

Mountaineer#96
December 3rd, 2006, 11:01 PM
can we stop now??? Next game.

catbob
December 4th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I have never seen so much bickering and arguing after any game, even a Cat/Griz game. The entire thread has really left a bad taste in my mouth for App fans. Some of the poorest winners I have come across. LeBlanc has been painting his face for about 8 weeks now, talking trash to every opponent, and no one cried about it. I don't condone his anctics sometimes, but he is a very fiery and emotional player, and I can't argue with that. He may need to tone it down but like I said, no one else got all pissy about it like App fans are now.

Even most of your congrats posts (what few there are) ended up slamming the Cats in some way.

App has a hell of a team, and definately has the talent to win it all. They played well against the Cats, and we were simply overmatched.

But with all the crap I had to listen to leading up to, during, and after the game, I will not be pulling for App anytime soon. I normally root for the team that beat us out because if we are going to lose, might as well lose to the national champs. However, I will be hoping that App gets blown out of Kid Brewer stadium Saturday, and every ensuing Saturday.

TulsaBobcat
December 4th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I have never seen so much bickering and arguing after any game, even a Cat/Griz game. The entire thread has really left a bad taste in my mouth for App fans. Some of the poorest winners I have come across. LeBlanc has been painting his face for about 8 weeks now, talking trash to every opponent, and no one cried about it. I don't condone his anctics sometimes, but he is a very fiery and emotional player, and I can't argue with that. He may need to tone it down but like I said, no one else got all pissy about it like App fans are now.

Even most of your congrats posts (what few there are) ended up slamming the Cats in some way.

App has a hell of a team, and definately has the talent to win it all. They played well against the Cats, and we were simply overmatched.

But with all the crap I had to listen to leading up to, during, and after the game, I will not be pulling for App anytime soon. I normally root for the team that beat us out because if we are going to lose, might as well lose to the national champs. However, I will be hoping that App gets blown out of Kid Brewer stadium Saturday, and every ensuing Saturday.

I agree CatBob. Probably the most arrogant fans that I have ever come across, which is quite an accomplishment considering the fans 200 miles west of Bozeman. Pretty self-righteous bunch for a team that won its first National Championship last year.

SirApp
December 4th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I have never seen so much bickering and arguing after any game, even a Cat/Griz game

I agree. The problem is that the game was very, very heated, and in return, the fans come back to the boards heated and start firing bullets. The was some classless activity on the field as there is some classless activity on this board (by fans of both teams). When one starts making sarcastic comments about the other team, people get on the defense. Both parties have done this. The problem is comments such as this:

Probably the most arrogant fans that I have ever come across, which is quite an accomplishment considering the fans 200 miles west of Bozeman. Pretty self-righteous bunch for a team that won its first National Championship last year.

and this:

You could tell this was a team that had only 1 playoff win in the last two decades, and they are supposed to be the second best team from the Big Sky.

These comments are not going to help ease the situation, it's just adding more fuel to the fire. Instead of taking constant jabs at each other, let's resolve this by moving on. It's Monday, let's get over it, congradulate each other on each other's accomplishments this season, and go our ways.

Montana St., you all had a great season, one to be very proud of. There were doubts at times throughout the season, but you proved that you have a damn good team and are one of the top teams in the nation. I enjoyed talking to some of your fans on Saturday, as they were very knowledgable and courteous. Good luck next season.