PDA

View Full Version : Elon wins 3 OT @ GWU 21-13

whoanellie
September 12th, 2015, 09:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400795592

We will take a road win not many saw this outcome not sorry to end a losing streak,

superman7515
September 14th, 2015, 06:25 AM
CAA went undefeated this week in non-conference action. It appears that talks of our demise may have been a bit premature.

ElonFirefighter
September 14th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Should on never gone to OT, we let them score too easy on that last play

Seawolf97
September 14th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Congrats on battling back !

KPSUL
September 15th, 2015, 04:37 PM
CAA went undefeated this week in non-conference action. It appears that talks of our demise may have been a bit premature.

I haven't done a comparison, but I don't see threads started from MVFC fans touting their FCS OOC record like last year. Seems like they've lost some Big Sky match ups.

clenz
September 15th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Hampton (MEAC), Lehigh (PL), Colgate(PL), Lafayette (PL), CCSU (NEC), St. Francis(NEC) , Fordham (PL) , Gardner Webb (Big South)

I sure ****ing hope CAA teams can beat that monster line up.

clenz
September 15th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Meanwhile the MVFC also 8-1 against non-FBS programs in week 2
The only week 1 FCS loss was @ Montana but also included a FBS win

I believe the MVFC currently sits at something like 12-2 against non-FBS programs.

Which brings the total to something like 45-3 over the last year and 2 weeks.

Thumper 76
September 15th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I haven't done a comparison, but I don't see threads started from MVFC fans touting their FCS OOC record like last year. Seems like they've lost some Big Sky match ups.

Yeah. Prolly only get two teams in the playoffs this year.......

centennial
September 15th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Meanwhile the MVFC also 8-1 against non-FBS programs in week 2
The only week 1 FCS loss was @ Montana but also included a FBS win

I believe the MVFC currently sits at something like 12-2 against non-FBS programs.

Which brings the total to something like 45-3 over the last year and 2 weeks.

That's not dominating at all. We are only the 2nd-4th strongest G5 conference. Wait? I thought we were in the FCS.

KPSUL
September 15th, 2015, 07:24 PM
The topic was 2015 OOC FCS wins. Not notional comparisons to G5 conferences, non-FBS programs(meaning we play Div 2) records or how many conference teams will make the playoffs. Those are different discussions we could enjoy if someone starts a thread.

The CAA is 10-1 in FCS OOC games so far in 2015. What is the current MVFC FCS OOC record to this point in 2015?

KPSUL
September 15th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Yeah. Prolly only get two teams in the playoffs this year.......

MVFC? Possibly 5, but way to early to tell.

Thumper 76
September 15th, 2015, 08:06 PM
The topic was 2015 OOC FCS wins. Not notional comparisons to G5 conferences, non-FBS programs(meaning we play Div 2) records or how many conference teams will make the playoffs. Those are different discussions we could enjoy if someone starts a thread.

The CAA is 10-1 in FCS OOC games so far in 2015. What is the current MVFC FCS OOC record to this point in 2015?

And if you look at the teams played the MVFC having only one more loss or so is way more impressive.

CHIP72
September 15th, 2015, 08:24 PM

That's because the some among the largest contingent of MVFC fans on here are busy arguing a state-named school in the same state that they used to play for a trophy as recently as the beginning of this century isn't a rival.

KPSUL
September 15th, 2015, 09:08 PM
And if you look at the teams played the MVFC having only one more loss or so is way more impressive.
"way more impressive is an overstatement". The best team any one from either conference beat was EWU. A close second was Fordham. After that it is pretty much even. I hate to be the one to burst your dominance bubble, but Morgan St., Drake, Butler, Chadron St., Robert Morris and even So Utah are not power teams.