PDA

View Full Version : I Will Be Closing Registration For A While

administrator
September 1st, 2015, 11:26 AM
This will probably start tomorrow and could be a month or so. If you have been a lurker and thinking you want to register I suggest you get off your ass and do it today or remain on the outskirts for a while. BTW, naming your team in signup will help you out a bunch.

Pinnum
September 1st, 2015, 12:08 PM
I am curious the reason.

tomq04
September 1st, 2015, 12:09 PM
I am curious the reason.
2nd

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2015, 12:10 PM
I imagine there is a **** ton of spam accounts ursus has to fight/weed in season.

superman7515
September 1st, 2015, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I believe Bonarae mentioned a lot of spam showing up in the news feeds. Hopefully things will be running smoothly soon. It's just difficult to work with IT on this site when it gets close to winter and they just want to sleep.

http://tomremington.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/BearTableComputer.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2015, 02:13 PM
Tired of spammers. There are about 50 accounts/day signed up for and maybe 1 or 2 is legit. Have had some trouble with a security app that helped cause site malfunction last weekend and had to disable it for a while to get fixed. Now without it having these dicks show up constantly is just flat pissing me off. So, I'll shut it down for a while.

Hell I'd rather personally open an account for someone getting in touch me and having me doing it than put up with this crap. As a member if you have a friend that wants on and you pm me I'll make an account but otherwise people are gonna be SOL for a while it appears.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2015, 02:15 PM
Tired of spammers. There are about 50 accounts/day signed up for and maybe 1 or 2 is legit. Have had some trouble with a security app that helped cause site malfunction last weekend and had to disable it for a while to get fixed. Now without it having these dicks show up constantly is just flat pissing me off. So, I'll shut it down for a while.

Hell I'd rather personally open an account for someone getting in touch me and having me doing it than put up with this crap. As a member if you have a friend that wants on and you pm me I'll make an account but otherwise people are gonna be SOL for a while it appears.

Sounds like they would fit in nicely! :D

Sycamore62
September 1st, 2015, 02:23 PM
Lets just make this an exclusive club where we decide who we let in and not. We won't kick any of our current members out who can't compete or keep up with the level we are at. We can pay ourselves heftily out of revenues but any outside employees will not get to share in any of that money. We can decide who our best member is by voting but we will pretend to decide on the field by playing a 4 person tournament. If any other websites start to get members that come close to our level, we might let one or two in but we will make them feel like we are doing them a favor. I know that a lot of you are actually not posting at a level the rest of us do so when we take our lavish vacations to beautiful warm places we will let you take a tuesday or wednesday off and go to a local outlet mall with some gift certificates and some coupons to add match with.

The only name i can come up with is FBS or something like that

BEAR
September 1st, 2015, 02:32 PM
Wait! Wait! I have to make up a bunch of fake accounts so I can win my own SLC Pick'em contest this year! xthumbsupx

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2015, 02:23 AM
You mean as a regular participant or for voting in the poll?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 12:48 PM
You mean as a regular participant or for voting in the poll?

No, I mean for registering for the site. It is closed currently and will be for a while, at least a couple weeks if not more. As I mentioned if a member vouches for a friend then I'll manually add a new member but at this point I'm fed up with the spamdicks.

clenz
September 2nd, 2015, 08:35 PM
No, I mean for registering for the site. It is closed currently and will be for a while, at least a couple weeks if not more. As I mentioned if a member vouches for a friend then I'll manually add a new member but at this point I'm fed up with the spamdicks.
I really want to make a joke about that last line

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 10:03 PM
I really want to make a joke about that last line

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I already made it. Manually, member, spamdicks, what more can you want clenzy.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 10:19 PM

I think clenzy is looking for a "work around" or a way to reach you for new member growth/stimulation.

clenz
September 2nd, 2015, 10:27 PM
Really was trying to find a way to work citdog into it...

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 10:32 PM
Really was trying to find a way to work citdog into it...

no

superman7515
September 2nd, 2015, 11:01 PM
Too late to change my username to spamdick7515?

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 11:05 PM
Too late to change my username to spamdick7515?

http://memecrunch.com/meme/SBFZ/i-ll-allow-it/image.jpg?w=400&c=1

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2015, 12:31 AM
xlolx

Both of you SOB's.

Smitty
September 3rd, 2015, 09:28 AM
I've got a user through twitter that wants to join. Do you want his info?

BEAR
September 3rd, 2015, 10:33 AM

Is his username Spamdick7515? xeyebrowx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2015, 11:14 AM

If you know him or know he's legit pm me and I'll take care of it.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2015, 11:14 AM
Is his username Spamdick7515? xeyebrowx

Good point. xlolx

superman7515
September 3rd, 2015, 02:35 PM
Boom! In your face spamdick7515!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/2015/08/08/Wilmington/B9318350966Z.1_20150808211017_000_GERBIS7QH.1-0.jpg

Sycamore62
September 3rd, 2015, 02:54 PM
I have a guy who emailed me that might be a good member. He has a large amount of money that he is willing to share with me and i assume all users. we just need some SS#s and bank accounts. Seems legit because he is like royalty in a country overseas or something.

spamdick7515
September 4th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the add, but WTF is wrong with this guy?

Boom! In your face spamdick7515!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2015, 12:52 AM
I have a guy who emailed me that might be a good member. He has a large amount of money that he is willing to share with me and i assume all users. we just need some SS#s and bank accounts. Seems legit because he is like royalty in a country overseas or something.
Done, if a fella feels generous then no reason we should not oblige so will you all welcome...

Thanks for the add, but WTF is wrong with this guy?

supey's alright, he just gets sort of caught in the emotion at times. Wait til he gets in a good mood and he'll be all "LETS PUMP IT UP BITCHES!!!" and so forth. Don't go to hardon him.

Alright, I will be moving this thread to the lounge real quickly I am sure cuz I know where this is going to go...where I just steered it.

superman7515
September 4th, 2015, 06:33 AM
xeyebrowx