PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Already Sandbagging For Jacksonville Game

superman7515
September 1st, 2015, 10:40 AM
In case we lose, we want you to know ahead of time that it's because we're too young, Jacksonville is a bunch of rule breakers, and we are a shell of our former selves...

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2015/09/01/jacksonville-football-steps-scandals-shadow/71507334/

NEWARK – Delaware will play an opponent Friday night with more seniors on scholarship than the Blue Hens, even though Jacksonville (Fla.) is, technically, a non-scholarship football program.
Jacksonville’s decision to award non-athletic scholarships to many of its football players forced it to give up an FCS playoff berth as Pioneer League champion last year. The Dolphins were 9-2 overall – though they have since had to forfeit five years of Pioneer League victories – and enter 2015 with 15 returning starters.

They are banned from the FCS playoffs and ineligible for the Pioneer League title in 2015, meaning the Dolphins have to realign their goals.

A win against former FCS power Delaware in Friday’s 7 p.m. opener at Delaware Stadium would certainly rate very high...

DFW HOYA
September 1st, 2015, 10:44 AM
"Technically" non-scholarship? They were, and still are. Merit awards are not athletic grants of aid.

superman7515
September 1st, 2015, 10:46 AM
They also aren't "banned" from the FCS playoffs, they just can't win the PFL autobid. But we're sandbagging here, facts be damned. xlolx

Pinnum
September 1st, 2015, 11:54 AM
More accurate: Not eligible for league championship and auto-bid due to violation of league rules.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2015, 11:57 AM
Well....they are right. A win over former FCS power Delaware just might rate high for Pioneer League playing Jacksonville. :D

RootinFerDukes
September 1st, 2015, 12:48 PM
The caa's national perception is hinging on you all not losing to Jacksonville. We can thank Towson for losing to ccsu last year.

superman7515
September 1st, 2015, 12:49 PM
The caa's national perception is hinging on you all not losing to Jacksonville. We can thank Towson for losing to ccsu last year.

Hey, we're not saying that we will lose... We're just preparing the concession speech ahead of time just in case. xlolx

CFBfan
September 1st, 2015, 12:58 PM
Hey, we're not saying that we will lose... We're just preparing the concession speech ahead of time just in case. xlolx

KC is smiling down in Texas

MR. CHICKEN
September 1st, 2015, 01:19 PM
KC is smiling down in Texas

.........SMILIN'?..........HE'S GOT BBQ SAUCE......OUT HIS NOSE.....xcoolxxlolx.....BRAWK!

ps.........DERE'S UH POLL ON GOHENS...."HOW MANY GAMES WILL DELAWARE WIN"......AH CHECKED 4 OR LESS....xbawlingx...AWK!

Model Citizen
September 1st, 2015, 01:22 PM
"Technically" non-scholarship? They were, and still are. Merit awards are not athletic grants of aid.

Excellent! This will be slide #43 in the PowerPoint presentation I'll make when I crash the PFL's summer meeting in 2018. #44 will be how the Pioneer champ should play an Ivy League team for the non-scholarship national championship.

Anyway, the JU players "merit" was being named a starter by coach Bell. I guess there's a distinction between that and athletic grants?

Sammy94
September 1st, 2015, 01:31 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21275&stc=1

That's not BBQ Sauce. He is enjoying steaks on the SHSU President's tab, maybe it's A-1??

Good luck Hens!!!!

aceinthehole
September 1st, 2015, 03:34 PM

Yes, CCSU was a lowly 3-8 overall last year, but 2-1 vs. the CAA :)

bonarae
September 1st, 2015, 05:42 PM
IF Delaware loses to Jacksonville, will they become the laughingstocks of the CAA? xchinscratchx

superman7515
September 1st, 2015, 05:46 PM
IF Delaware loses to Jacksonville, will they become the laughingstocks of the CAA? xchinscratchx

Whoa, take it easy, we still get Rhode Island in October!

bonarae
September 1st, 2015, 08:03 PM

Hmm, I was not thinking of Rhody when I posted this. But Jacksonville cheated to the top, while Rhody did not even exert effort to commit to a winning program...

melloware13
September 1st, 2015, 08:33 PM
We also get Elon, who only beat UNC Charlotte last year

Model Citizen
September 1st, 2015, 10:13 PM
Hmm, I was not thinking of Rhody when I posted this. But Jacksonville cheated to the top, while Rhody did not even exert effort to commit to a winning program...

Even with a solid commitment to break the PFL's rules, I believe Jacksonville is only carrying about a third of Rhode Island's equivalences.

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2015, 02:20 AM
I have to think UD wins that game about 27-13. You guys have had a little trouble, but the Hens are a far stronger, deeper football program.

Mattymc727
September 2nd, 2015, 06:48 AM
The hens are down, but not THAT far down.... I hope...

bluehenbillk
September 2nd, 2015, 07:34 AM
I don't see UD losing the game, but I can certainly see Jacksonville covering.

Model Citizen
September 2nd, 2015, 08:07 AM
I have to think UD wins that game about 27-13.

Not enough defense for that scenario. I'd say, first one to 40 wins.

Ivytalk
September 2nd, 2015, 09:19 AM
If Delaware loses to Jacksonville, the "Fire Brock" muttering will start.

If UD loses to Rhody, the muttering from the 25 UD fans who remain interested in the program will reach a crescendo.

Then Harvard will call UD to ask for a home-and-home.

MR. CHICKEN
September 2nd, 2015, 09:42 AM
If Delaware loses to Jacksonville, the "Fire Brock" muttering will start.

If UD loses to Rhody, the muttering from the 25 UD fans who remain interested in the program will reach a crescendo.

Then Harvard will call UD to ask for a home-and-home.

.....DON'T THINK IT CAIN'T HAPPEN........WE'RE SECOND YOUNGEST TEAM IN FCS.......WE HAVE PEOPLE NICKED......WE HAVE PEOPLE ON SUSPENSION.......WE HAVE TWO QB'S...WHO BROCK IS PLANNIN' TA ROTATE...(BAD SIGN WHEN DAT IS DUH CASE.......EQUALLY VANILLA....NOT EQUALLY OUTSTANDIN').....OURAH WIDE RECEIVERS ARE RAW......SOME TRUE FROSH....&.....SOME SOPHS...WILL START....PLAN IS TA TOTE DUH PIGGY.....MANAGE GAME...RELY ON PUNTER......FINS HAVE 20 SENIORS....MANY WHIFF 2-3 YRS...O' SNAPS......KADE BELL WAS RANKED 9th NATIONALLY IN...PASSIN' EFFICIENCY........DIS STEEL CAGE RUMBLE......COOD EASILY GO SOUFF.....O'...NEWARK.............BROCK!

ps....COACH MURPH...MIGHT WELCOME.....COUPLE UH GAMES WHIFF YOU-DEE......AS HE WAS HIRED....TA REPLACE TUBBY......BUT SHOT DOWN....FO' KC......BROCK!

aceinthehole
September 2nd, 2015, 12:29 PM
.....DON'T THINK IT CAIN'T HAPPEN........WE'RE SECOND YOUNGEST TEAM IN FCS.......

I have to ask, who is the youngest team in FCS this year? I would guess that CCSU has to be one of the youngest teams in the nation.

Central Connecticut current 90-player roster:
29 Frosh (32%)
13 RS-Frosh (14%)
21 Sophs (23%)
18 Juniors (20%)
9 Seniors (10%)

Of the 45-players listed on CCSU's 2-deep chart (3 QBs) for opening day, just 8 are Seniors (7 Offense/1 Defense) . We have 11 Frosh (including RS) on that chart, including a 3 Quarterbacks.

MR. CHICKEN
September 2nd, 2015, 02:16 PM
......AUSTIN PEAY.......PER......UH POST ON GO HENS........AWK!

CHECKED AP's ROSTER:

7 SENIORS
15 JUNIORS
26 SOPHMORES
47 FRESHMEN/RS FRESHMEN........BAH MAH FINGERS AN' TOES......AWK!

COUNTED 17 JUNIORS ON CCSU's LIST

aceinthehole
September 2nd, 2015, 03:00 PM
......AUSTIN PEAY.......PER......UH POST ON GO HENS........AWK!

CHECKED AP's ROSTER:

7 SENIORS
15 JUNIORS
26 SOPHMORES
47 FRESHMEN/RS FRESHMEN........BAH MAH FINGERS AN' TOES......AWK!

COUNTED 17 JUNIORS ON CCSU's LIST

Thanks for the info! I originally miscounted CCSU, but here's the updated info - AWK!

42 Frosh/RS-Frosh (46%)
21 Sophs (23%)
18 Juniors (20%)
9 Seniors (10%)

According to the poster on GoHens.net, 58% of Delaware's roster are 1st or 2nd year players.

Based on the numbers from Austin Peay, 77% of their roster are Frosh/RSFrosh/Sophs - at CCSU it is 69%.

Go Green
September 2nd, 2015, 04:42 PM
Well....they are right. A win over former FCS power Delaware just might rate high for Pioneer League playing Jacksonville. :D

That's pretty much what happened when Jacksonville beat Ivy power Penn last year.

When Penn ended up 2-8, the win lost some of its luster....

The Yo Show
September 2nd, 2015, 07:05 PM
That right there is how you sandbag people.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2015, 08:25 PM
Delaware covers handily! Even with 5 startes out on D we got Freshman Phenom Ray "Buck" Jones starting this one, hopefully it will be a long and beautiful relationship, now you want to talk Laffyette, Yes I'm concerned about that one!

YoUDeeMan
September 3rd, 2015, 08:38 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21275&stc=1

That's not BBQ Sauce. He is enjoying steaks on the SHSU President's tab, maybe it's A-1??

Good luck Hens!!!!

Front row, third from the left has potential. xthumbsupx

YoUDeeMan
September 3rd, 2015, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the info! I originally miscounted CCSU, but here's the updated info - AWK!

42 Frosh/RS-Frosh (46%)
21 Sophs (23%)
18 Juniors (20%)
9 Seniors (10%)

According to the poster on GoHens.net, 58% of Delaware's roster are 1st or 2nd year players.

Based on the numbers from Austin Peay, 77% of their roster are Frosh/RSFrosh/Sophs - at CCSU it is 69%.

xnonoxStop messing with our excuses.

MR. CHICKEN
September 3rd, 2015, 10:16 AM
Front row, third from the left has potential. xthumbsupx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21293&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21292&stc=1....AH'D GO WHIFF....SECOND ROW......BLONDE IN SILK LIKE DRESS.....ALREADY.....BROKE IN.........DOODLE DOO!

Ivytalk
September 3rd, 2015, 10:20 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21293&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21292&stc=1....AH'D GO WHIFF....SECOND ROW......BLONDE IN SILK LIKE DRESS.....ALREADY.....BROKE IN.........DOODLE DOO!

Looks just like Miss Prissy! Awk!

MR. CHICKEN
September 3rd, 2015, 10:39 AM
..........WHAA'S JANICE SPENDIN' DUH DUCATS ON?.....xdontknowx....."GENERAL STORE".........IS UH FAR CRY....TA...CHRISTIANA MALL.........xcoolx.......BROCK!

Model Citizen
September 4th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Not enough defense for that scenario. I'd say, first one to 40 wins.

I wuz wrong. Very uncharacteristic game for Jacksonville.

FargoBison
September 4th, 2015, 08:49 PM
WTF was Jacksonville thinking there?

FargoBison
September 4th, 2015, 08:50 PM
WTF was Jacksonville thinking there?

Doesn't matter....JU gets a fumble for a TD.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 4th, 2015, 08:51 PM
LOL...is Delaware really going to lose to a PFL team?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 4th, 2015, 08:58 PM
UD TD! Going to come down to an onside kick

20-14 Jacksonville

FargoBison
September 4th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Down goes UD.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 4th, 2015, 09:01 PM
The Dolphins recovered I believe....

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2015, 09:03 PM
The Dolphins recovered I believe....

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Gif.gif

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 4th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Dolphins win! The PFL defeats the CAA...

...and that my friend is rock bottom for Delaware....

ElCid
September 4th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Ouch!

DetroitFlyer
September 4th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Dolphins have Hen for dinner. Nice road win for JU, 20-14.

bonarae
September 4th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Delaware football at its current level is now a parallel to Grambling or Southern? xsmhx

BlueHenSinfonian
September 4th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Dolphins win! The PFL defeats the CAA...

...and that my friend is rock bottom for Delaware....

Congratulations to Jacksonville, they outplayed us tonight.

We went into the game without a QB. We had two almost-QBs, but two maybes is apparently less than a whole at that position. Time to pick one (Walker) and build an offense.

It was an embarrassing loss, but the season isn't over yet. SHSU lost to a DII last year and still made the playoffs. Let's get this turned around.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Congratulations to Jacksonville, they outplayed us tonight.

We went into the game without a QB. We had two almost-QBs, but two maybes is apparently less than a whole at that position. Time to pick one (Walker) and build an offense.

It was an embarrassing loss, but the season isn't over yet. SHSU lost to a DII last year and still made the playoffs. Let's get this turned around.

That DII team had more scholarships and won a national championship. This should NEVER happen....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 4th, 2015, 09:14 PM
That DII team had more scholarships and won a national championship. This should NEVER happen....

Yeah CSU-Pueblo won the D2 national title. They would win the PFL going away....

BlueHenSinfonian
September 4th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Yeah CSU-Pueblo won the D2 national title. They would win the PFL going away....

To be fair, Jacksonville will probably win the PFL flat out this year too, but I agree, it should not have happened. My point is that, as bad as the loss is, and it's bad, other teams have overcome equally bad losses and achieved quality seasons.

This is a young team, and hopefully they use this as a come to Jesus moment and get their stuff together before next week. There was some baffling play-calling, and I don't know what Brock was thinking switching out the QBs every quarter, preventing either from developing any kind of rhythm. This team could be good, but they need to admit they were very bad tonight and make the necessary changes.

They say the biggest improvement a team makes is between weeks 1 and 2, I really hope they're right, because we have a long way to go.

RootinFerDukes
September 4th, 2015, 09:49 PM
Delaware just single handedly screwed the CAA's chance at getting any semblance of improved perception.

Gangtackle11
September 4th, 2015, 09:53 PM
A wounded Blue Hen is a dangerous one. We'll see them on the 19th.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2015, 09:55 PM
A wounded Blue Hen is a dangerous one. We'll see them on the 19th.

Wounded? I had thought UD football had LONG since been wounded. Tonight's loss leaves them as road kill.

YoUDeeMan
September 4th, 2015, 09:55 PM
GoHens in meltdown mode.

MODs will soon clean up the roost...no room for truth there.

Former players telling the truth...all soon to be deleted.

Read it while you can.

superman7515
September 4th, 2015, 10:23 PM
I'm not the kind of guy to say I told you so... But I told you so. xnodx

YoUDeeMan
September 4th, 2015, 10:29 PM
To be fair, Jacksonville will probably win the PFL flat out this year too, but I agree, it should not have happened. My point is that, as bad as the loss is, and it's bad, other teams have overcome equally bad losses and achieved quality seasons.

This is a young team, and hopefully they use this as a come to Jesus moment and get their stuff together before next week. There was some baffling play-calling, and I don't know what Brock was thinking switching out the QBs every quarter, preventing either from developing any kind of rhythm. This team could be good, but they need to admit they were very bad tonight and make the necessary changes.

They say the biggest improvement a team makes is between weeks 1 and 2, I really hope they're right, because we have a long way to go.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

There is a time to be positive, and then there is a time to recognize that Brock is over his head.

This isn't a one game aberration...it has been three entire seasons of epic collapses and bad coaching. You are what you do...and Brock's record is what he's done.

Walker sucked...and gave up the TD. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn...3-9 ain't good on anyone's watch. He has an arm...but WTF is he doing with the ball?

We were limited to 297 yards against a team that had a front seven that weighed almost as much as a dozen blueberry muffins. Virtually zero creativity...for how long now? Brock doesn't want to use the RBs in the passing game...he's on record as saying that.

And you think the next game, or the season, will change that? xeyebrowx

superman7515
September 4th, 2015, 10:38 PM

Bud, I wasn't a Keeler fan, nor was I a Keeler cheerleader, but this Dave Brock dog don't hunt. This team hasn't made a lick of improvement between Week 1 of 2013 and Week 1 of 2015. Over/Under 3.5 wins...

http://www.thesummaries.com/book_covers/i_may_be_wrong_but_i_doubt_it.jpg

blackbeard
September 4th, 2015, 10:40 PM
Wow! Sad to see the Hens have fallen this far.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2015, 10:41 PM

Well....did they get that concession speech written spamdick? :D

superman7515
September 4th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Well....did they get that concession speech written spamdick? :D

100% hand on a Bible in a courtroom, I didn't register that username.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2015, 10:48 PM

100% hand on a Bible in a courtroom, I didn't register that username.

Over/Under 3.5 wins for UD Football.....if under, you are spamdick7515 from reg season's end till the natty in Frisco. If over 3.5 wins, I will be SpamDick02 for the same duration. :D

superman7515
September 4th, 2015, 10:55 PM
Over/Under 3.5 wins for UD Football.....if under, you are spamdick7515 from reg season's end till the natty in Frisco. If over 3.5 wins, I will be SpamDick02 for the same duration. :D

Oh, I would bet the under myself.

And for real's, some asshat is already posting as spamdick7515...

Thanks for the add, but WTF is wrong with this guy?

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2015, 10:57 PM

WTF! xlolx

WestCoastAggie
September 5th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Delaware football at its current level is now a parallel to Grambling or Southern? xsmhx

I think Savannah State or Columbia would be a better comparison.

superman7515
September 5th, 2015, 11:50 AM
I think Savannah State or Columbia would be a better comparison.

Well, what can you say about Coach Crock that hasn't already been said about hepatitis?

Tribal
September 6th, 2015, 04:58 AM

That's pretty funny.