Howard/App State - ESPN3
G-W/USA - ESPN3
Troy/NC State - ESPN3
UL-Lafayette/Kentucky - ESPNU
NM State/Florida - SEC Network
Georgia Southern/West Virginia - Local Fox Sports Network
Texas State/Florida State - ESPNews
Arkansas State/USC - Pac 12 Network

Who got more "exposure"? Pretty sure it's those two FCS schools up top.

hebmskebm
August 31st, 2015, 12:46 AM
That's true, but it's all thanks to ESPN throwing us a bone. That opening slot could just as easily have been an FBS game and the reaction from the general public would be about the same if it were two G5 schools.

RootinFerDukes
August 31st, 2015, 05:19 AM
I would also note the start times and days. To get on ESPNU, fake gsu and uncc had to play on a Friday at 3:30pm. Who plays at that time?!

superman7515
August 31st, 2015, 05:33 AM
I would also note the start times and days. To get on ESPNU, fake gsu and uncc had to play on a Friday at 3:30pm. Who plays at that time?!

The local high school freshman team.

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2015, 07:10 AM
That's true, but it's all thanks to ESPN throwing us a bone. That opening slot could just as easily have been an FBS game and the reaction from the general public would be about the same if it were two G5 schools.

How would the game look on TV with two G5 schools versus NDSU/Montana? I've tried to watch MACtion during the week on ESPN....it is awful.

hebmskebm
August 31st, 2015, 12:04 PM
How would the game look on TV with two G5 schools versus NDSU/Montana? I've tried to watch MACtion during the week on ESPN....it is awful.

The vast majority of FCS venues look even worse, both in stadium atmosphere and attendance. Two dynamite programs and fanbases that are the exception, not the rule, made the game a success.

Go...gate
August 31st, 2015, 12:12 PM
The local high school freshman team.

Ah, memories. They were good days.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2015, 12:48 PM
The vast majority of FCS venues look even worse, both in stadium atmosphere and attendance. Two dynamite programs and fanbases that are the exception, not the rule, made the game a success.

That's a very fair point. That's why next time we need Lehigh at Towson.

melloware13
August 31st, 2015, 01:09 PM
When I was in high school marching band, we played a game at about that time. Trailer classrooms served as one of the sidelines.