PDA

View Full Version : And now attention turns to the Mecca

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Where #8 chattanooga hosts #7 Jacksonville State in the other biggest OOC game of the year. The biggest game in the history of the rivalry. Can the Cocks beat the Mocs again? Or is it Chattanoogas time?

TheRevSFA
August 29th, 2015, 09:40 PM
There is a lot of attention focused on Mecca with ISIS running rampant....

BEAR
August 29th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Are you Moccing the Cocks? Don't Mock the Cocks! xlolx

lionsrking2
August 29th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Are you Moccing the Cocks? Don't Mock the Cocks! xlolx

They are allowed to block them, however. xeyebrowx

Screamin_Eagle174
August 29th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Where #8 chattanooga hosts #7 Jacksonville State in the other biggest OOC game of the year. The biggest game in the history of the rivalry. Can the Cocks beat the Mocs again? Or is it Chattanoogas time?

EWU at UNI is bigger.

veinup
August 29th, 2015, 10:33 PM
******* erased accidental post during AGS implosion

UCMoc
August 30th, 2015, 09:36 AM
EWU at UNI is bigger.

Sure. As long as you ignore the current polls and go strictly with your personal opinion.

UNIFanSince1983
August 30th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Sure. As long as you ignore the current polls and go strictly with your personal opinion.

Well there is one week still for EWU and UNI. So after the Eags knock off the Ducks and the Panthers knock off the Cyclones I think those polls will change ;)

parr90
August 30th, 2015, 09:57 AM
watched that one last night and that has to be one of the best atmospheres in all FCS for a game and that game was a great one. Both Griz and ND look to be top-notch teams this year. Good luck matching up to that one fellas. Chat and Jax could be a good one but im not sure how good both teams are this year?

kalm
August 30th, 2015, 12:20 PM

EWU - MSU is also bigger.

Southern Comference vs. OVC is just not as significant IMHO.

Sorry.

KPSUL
August 30th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Big game, with likely playoff seed implications. I like the MOCs at home in this one. Is there TV coverage?

MTfan4life
August 30th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Just as long as Chattanooga gains more than 111 yards of offense this time, this one should be pretty fun to watch.

malibudude
August 30th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Poly at Montana is a bigger game.

chattownmocs
August 30th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Poly at Montana is a bigger game.

UNI and EWU are has beens, I don't know who MSU is. Cal Poly??? What? Montana had a great upset win. Surely they aren't going to be voted #1 now.

kalm
August 30th, 2015, 09:55 PM
UNI and EWU are has beens, I don't know who MSU is. Cal Poly??? What? Montana had a great upset win. Surely they aren't going to be voted #1 now.

"Has been" consistently good and won playoff games for more than one year? Yessssss!

PantherRob82
August 30th, 2015, 10:06 PM
"Has been" consistently good and won playoff games for more than one year? Yessssss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffCEr327W44

clenz
August 30th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Um...
EWU made the same round as Chatty last season and lost to a team that made the finals and was seeded higher
UNI won as many playoff games as Chatty last year and lost to a team that made the finals (and beat them during the regular season...oh and beat NDSU as well)

Both have shown the ability to sustain success for more than one or two years...and how to win playoff games more than once every 2 decades.

Being a has been is better than a never was

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2015, 01:11 AM

No, I went by the polls (last I checked, EWU is ranked higher than either the Mocs or the Cocks), recent post season appearances/success, and strength of conference. So there's that...

tenNesseeCat
August 31st, 2015, 07:38 AM
I needed a good laugh on this Monday morning!!!xthumbsupx

I like UTC in this big time match up.

UCMoc
August 31st, 2015, 07:39 AM
No, I went by the polls (last I checked, EWU is ranked higher than either the Mocs or the Cocks), recent post season appearances/success, and strength of conference. So there's that...

Right, so any game where one team is ranked higher makes it better. My bad, I didn't understand your flawed logic. By that logic, the EWU-Sacramento State game is bigger. Makes perfect sense.

RootinFerDukes
August 31st, 2015, 08:13 AM
Sorry but the Chattanooga fans are winning this argument. A #9/#6 game is a bigger game for next week than #8 EWU at Oregon. The EWU/OR game is interesting because of the vernon adams storyline, but a competitive game it will not be.

Sycamore62
August 31st, 2015, 11:37 AM
is there a new poll this week. It could be #8 vs #9 by now

Silenoz
August 31st, 2015, 11:45 AM
Sorry but the Chattanooga fans are winning this argument. A #9/#6 game is a bigger game for next week than #8 EWU at Oregon. The EWU/OR game is interesting because of the vernon adams storyline, but a competitive game it will not be.

I don't usually stick up for EWU but...

Chatty claimed it was the biggest OOC game of the year

They are saying EWU @ UNI is bigger

Silenoz
August 31st, 2015, 11:53 AM
...oh, and your "Mecca" should probably start trying to catch up with all the (much) better stadiums in the area like Jacksonville State and Alabama State if you want to be taken even half seriously

UCMoc
August 31st, 2015, 11:53 AM
I don't usually sticki up for EWU but...

Chatty claimed it was the biggest OOC game of the year

They are saying EWU @ UNI is bigger

Strictly looking at the polls right now, UTC vs JSU is a bigger game.

Not to toss reason into this thing, but to the EWU fans their game will be bigger regardless of rankings. I get that. For right now, my friends at math are on the side of UTC-JSU.

UCMoc
August 31st, 2015, 11:59 AM
...oh, and your "Mecca" should probably start trying to catch up with all the (much) better stadiums in the area like Jacksonville State and Alabama State if you want to be taken even half seriously

Now that's just ignorance talking. I have been to JSU's stadium, and half of it is a dump. Finley in Chattanooga holds 20k and has suites. Two weeks ago the USWNT played Costa Rica there. It's a great stadium.

Silenoz
August 31st, 2015, 12:17 PM
Where to start....

There's numerous way to look at the "math". NDSU @ UM and EWU @ UNI both combine for a higher rank. Especially after the updated rankings are released.

20K? Half the stadiums in FCS hold that. And THE USWST? Whatever that is.

Sorry, but Chattown has dug too big of a hole for Chatty on here with his years of bull****. Calling it a Mecca is laughable. Boasting you have the best OOC game of the year, the day after the two biggest programs play on ESPN, is even more laughable.

UCMoc
August 31st, 2015, 12:26 PM
Where to start....

There's numerous way to look at the "math". NDSU @ UM and EWU @ UNI both combine for a higher rank. Especially after the updated rankings are released.

20K? Half the stadiums in FCS hold that. And THE USWST? Whatever that is.

Sorry, but Chattown has dug too big of a hole for Chatty on here with his years of bull****. Calling it a Mecca is laughable. Boasting you have the best OOC game of the year, the day after the two biggest programs play on ESPN, is even more laughable.

I'm not arguing best of the year. I'm arguing better than the EWU game (and again, read this part) BASED ON THE FREAKING POLLS RIGHT NOW.

The USWNT is the US women's team which just won the World Cup.

I didn't say we had the best stadium in the world, I said there was nothing wrong with it. You compared it to JSU, which is half of a good stadium.

There are quite a few Moc fans on here not named Chattown, just because you personally can't differentiate between us doesn't mean we are the same guy. If you'd been paying attention, you'd know he's been calling it that forever. Get over it.

Silenoz
August 31st, 2015, 12:44 PM
Get over it? You're the one that got your panties in a twist over my original post. And even looking at the polls RIGHT NOW, it's still up for debate:

#1 @ #13
#4 @ #10
#9 @ #8

Sycamore62
August 31st, 2015, 01:04 PM
I'm not arguing best of the year. I'm arguing better than the EWU game (and again, read this part) BASED ON THE FREAKING POLLS RIGHT NOW.

The USWNT is the US women's team which just won the World Cup.

I didn't say we had the best stadium in the world, I said there was nothing wrong with it. You compared it to JSU, which is half of a good stadium.

There are quite a few Moc fans on here not named Chattown, just because you personally can't differentiate between us doesn't mean we are the same guy. If you'd been paying attention, you'd know he's been calling it that forever. Get over it.

Move this to the Soccer board unless we are talking about special teams only

UCMoc
August 31st, 2015, 02:03 PM
Get over it? You're the one that got your panties in a twist over my original post. And even looking at the polls RIGHT NOW, it's still up for debate:

#1 @ #13
#4 @ #10
#9 @ #8

Right, because in your two scenarios (since you seem intent to pull the Montana game into it), you have only one team in the top 10. UTC-JSU has all the teams playing in the game in the top 10.

KPSUL
August 31st, 2015, 02:12 PM

#1 @ #13
#4 @ #10
#9 @ #8

Not sure where you came up with these numbers? However, if it is something other than the current AGS poll, you should mention it. Based on the current AGS poll (Preseason), #1 has already played #12; #4 NOVA is playing FBS UCONN; With #2 ISUred, #3 SHSU, #5 CCU, #7 UNH, #8 EWU also all playing FBS games, #9 Jacksonville State @ #6 Chattanooga is clearly the most significant week 1 FCS match-up REMAINING to be played. I believe that was the point UCMOC was trying to make, not that it was destined to be the biggest FCS game of the season. In fact, if you look through the hubris and bluster, that's probably all that Mecca-man was really saying - Although who really knows!

Cocky
August 31st, 2015, 02:51 PM
We play UTC this week?

Silenoz
August 31st, 2015, 03:35 PM
Not sure where you came up with these numbers? However, if it is something other than the current AGS poll, you should mention it. Based on the current AGS poll (Preseason), #1 has already played #12; #4 NOVA is playing FBS UCONN; With #2 ISUred, #3 SHSU, #5 CCU, #7 UNH, #8 EWU also all playing FBS games, #9 Jacksonville State @ #6 Chattanooga is clearly the most significant week 1 FCS match-up REMAINING to be played. I believe that was the point UCMOC was trying to make, not that it was destined to be the biggest FCS game of the season. In fact, if you look through the hubris and bluster, that's probably all that Mecca-man was really saying - Although who really knows!

TSN. AGS is more accurate, but TSN is, for better or worse, more official. And no, the thread starts out with claims of "best OOC game of the season", with most of the discussion following focused on that.

dgtw
August 31st, 2015, 03:36 PM
I like our stadium. We are not next door to a crack house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenNesseeCat
August 31st, 2015, 03:54 PM
I like our stadium. We are not next door to a crack house.

hahahaha!!! I visited Finley Stadium a couple years ago. I got a kick out of the guys in the bushes sitting on 5gallon buckets watching the game from outside the stadium. I guess po' folk need some entertainment too. We thought they should have checked out the "bum high rise" that's in the background. It is a nice stadium though. Maybe just not the best location?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ov4QkCaXejA/UkiEtYrfCbI/AAAAAAAAFMc/VbSKIKhBHsk/s1600/finley_IMG_20130929_121253_451.jpg

Sycamore62
September 1st, 2015, 12:06 AM
Well it was nice that all 12 US resident soccer fans got to watch a game there

Screamin_Eagle174
September 1st, 2015, 01:18 AM
Right, because in your two scenarios (since you seem intent to pull the Montana game into it), you have only one team in the top 10. UTC-JSU has all the teams playing in the game in the top 10.

#6 EWU at #10 UNI, according to the Official TSN poll which is used for playoff seeding, would seem to reflect a game whereby both teams are ranked in the top 10. Take #7 at #8 if you'd like, that's your prerogative. Fan allegiances aside, I'd rather go with two teams that have a consistent history of being in the playoffs and winning games over the last decade, than two teams who have had little if any impact on the post season outside of the last year or two.

OL FU
September 1st, 2015, 05:13 AM
Am I missing something? Isn't chatt/jsu this weekend and uni/ewu next weekend?

chattownmocs
September 1st, 2015, 05:46 AM
#6 EWU at #10 UNI, according to the Official TSN poll which is used for playoff seeding, would seem to reflect a game whereby both teams are ranked in the top 10. Take #7 at #8 if you'd like, that's your prerogative. Fan allegiances aside, I'd rather go with two teams that have a consistent history of being in the playoffs and winning games over the last decade, than two teams who have had little if any impact on the post season outside of the last year or two.

I honestly didn't even realize Eastern Washington was ranked 6th when I typed that UTC-JSU was the "other OOC game of the year". Seems absurdly high to me. But they are so, you are right, great argument for that game. We will see where those teams are ranked when the game actually happens but as of now, here is a cookie.