PDA

View Full Version : Montana State @ Appalachian (Football Talk)

Pages : 1 [2]

psc2445
November 27th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Ohh yeah.....in my actual prediction i'm going with:

msu 14
app 21

your team is good but dang can you throw us a bone and at least say we might have something on you, like backup qb,.....wait nevermind

xlolx

Cleets
November 27th, 2006, 03:01 PM
O please dont bring up the D2 loss AGAIN!!! I know we lost but come on, that should not make us look like a lesser opponent...and for that matter those couple losses were at the beginning of the season and if i remember correctly we lost 3 then didnt lose again until we played Montana and did pretty well right? Just saying we are a completely different team than we were in the start. Ask any Griz fan what they thought of our performance....as you can see they all are holding our backs (which i understand that they are from MT also but still....this rivalry goes deep and for them to do that is amazing in my opinion). GO CATS!!!

I saw that game, it was a blood bath!

FYI:
Do not piss-off folks from the Carolina's and under no circumstances should you bet with them...(see below)

LEXINGTON, S.C. -- A man fatally shot his friend with a high-powered rifle in a dispute over a $20 bet on the South Carolina -Clemson football game, authorities said Sunday.

The two had bet $20 on the annual game, with Quick taking South Carolina, which won 31-28, and Johnson taking Clemson, Lexington County Sheriff James Metts said. They drank beer all afternoon and watched the game Saturday at Johnson's home, and began arguing about the bet after the game.

BigApp
November 27th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Hickory is the closest airport

asu7
November 27th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Ohh yeah.....in my actual prediction i'm going with:

msu 14
app 21

your team is good but dang can you throw us a bone and at least say we might have something on you, like backup qb,.....wait nevermind

read my posts ... you guys are gonna give us all we want ... I think it will be a close game and you will put up a good fight ... this game could go either way ... but I have to bank on our team not going down at home ... it will be tough very tough but I think we pull it out ...

lets just hope for a injury free game ... that way whoever wins they can go on and win the title:hurray:

BigApp
November 27th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Wow, a lot of hostility going on. I think almost every thread has people acusing Ralph of being a hater.

Ralph is very impartial and always calls it like he sees it.

r-r-r-ight...:rolleyes: Show us some examples of Ralph calling other team's fans (besides Appfans) "homers".

good luck, It might take you a while.

November 27th, 2006, 03:22 PM
... Show us some examples of Ralph calling other team's fans (besides Appfans) "homers".
good luck, It might take you a while.r-r-r-ight...:rolleyes:
It might take some a while but others will look on a thread on this very page. :rolleyes:

I have been around for a while and my record speaks for itself. Continue circling the wagons... xlolx

HiHiYikas
November 27th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Hickory is the closest airport
I would think that, if you want to get technical enough to include Hickory, you might count Foothills Airport or Ashe County Airport as the closest.

Or just go with Boone Airport. It's huge.

http://66.226.83.248/ap/13406

And no, this isn't really a photo of Hartsfield International or O'Hare. That's all Boone.

November 27th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Wow, a lot of hostility going on. I think almost every thread has people acusing Ralph of being a hater.
Ralph is very impartial and always calls it like he sees it. Even with Cap'n Cat and I in New Hampshire last year all he talked about was New Hampshire. He calls it like he sees it, not how you want to hear it. :thumbsup:PantherRob82, these members that post and call me a hater are wearing blinders and drinking koolaid. If one is not expressly for their team then they are a HATER. It's very revealing. They're lead by their fan messageboard leader in the case of App St. Of course as the Sex Pistols once wisely sang... "Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line."

BigApp
November 27th, 2006, 03:37 PM
PantherRob82, these members that post and call me a hater are wearing blinders and drinking koolaid. If one is not expressly for their team then they are a HATER. It's very revealing. They're lead by their fan messageboard leader in the case of App St. Of course as the Sex Pistols once wisely sang... "Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line."

Nice.

Way to endear yourself to (probably) the largest fanbase on this board.

Peems
November 27th, 2006, 03:39 PM
APP-45
MSU-14

THE BIG SKY CAN NOT HANG WITH THE SOCON

you are going to give the cats 31 points? ill bet you a thousand dollars you dont cover that spread.

appisgreatest
November 27th, 2006, 03:41 PM
App St by no more than 10

Peems
November 27th, 2006, 03:42 PM
dang I think I am gonna sell my tickets ... No need to watch a game where we are gonna for sure get beat ...

What is this underdog mentality that the Cats have? How can you be an underdog when everyone thinks you are gonna win ...

I love it ... keep thinkin that ...

I for one am not overlooking you ... I told dad that MSU will be tough tough ... and it does not matter if we play RS CENTRAL high school ... we get everyone's best shot so we know you will bring it ...

I am not here to get into a pissin match ... this game will be close ... App will bring their A game ... MSU will bring their A game .. one will be a winner and the other will go home and watch the rest of the playoffs on the couch ...

If you think you are gonna march into THE ROCK and whoop us ... you may want to think about that ... we will get your best shot no doubt ... you will get ours too though ...

it will be a good game ... a close game ... winnable by BOTH teams MSU and most definitely ASU ... we can still win even though the UMASS fans thinks we are gonna get upset every week ... FU thought they would beat us too except for a couple of their fans ... so far everyone has thought we were beatable to after the game lol ... well except for a WCU linebacker who still had hope that the score would change after the western game lol

actually on the poll for who is going to win most everyone thinks app. st is going to win with a vote of 82-28.

Peems
November 27th, 2006, 03:44 PM
r-r-r-ight...:rolleyes: Show us some examples of Ralph calling other team's fans (besides Appfans) "homers".

good luck, It might take you a while.

actually the kool aid homer icon was created just for the griz fans. check out the SIU Griz thread.:rotateh:

ASU Kep
November 27th, 2006, 03:45 PM
you are going to give the cats 31 points? ill bet you a thousand dollars you dont cover that spread.

wise bet. I'd give up no more then 6. :twocents:

BigApp
November 27th, 2006, 03:48 PM
actually the kool aid homer icon was created just for the griz fans. check out the SIU Griz thread.:rotateh:

looked through all 9 pages, didn't see it...

Peems
November 27th, 2006, 03:51 PM
looked through all 9 pages, didn't see it...

you are correct it is not in there it was taken out. But you can ask ralph.

BigApp
November 27th, 2006, 03:57 PM
if I did, I'd just be questioning him and be another "hater".

November 27th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Nice.
Way to endear yourself to (probably) the largest fanbase on this board.hahahahahahaaaaa
Hit too close to home for ya bIGaPP?xlolx xlolx xlolx

Homers know who they are. It's fine to be for your team but going overboard like calling those who aren't expressly for your team HATERS is overboard and reason for ridicule. xlolx :nod:

BTW, I never called anyone a hater. : smh :

Appguy
November 27th, 2006, 04:11 PM
They most likely wont fly into Boone airport, too small.
I havent seen Winstons airport

November 27th, 2006, 04:16 PM
you are correct it is not in there it was taken out. But you can ask ralph.Yep, it seems to have been removed but the smilie fits those who display the attributes.

Like when I post CS IS BEST it is fair to throw the...
:homer:

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

But I can and have provided reasons.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 27th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I have no doubt that AppState will beat the Cats, I think the Mountaineers will come out put up some quick scores then coast... However to say that the BSC cannot hang with the SoCon... we shall see in the NC.

The BSC from top to bottom is ahead of the Socon this year, (with Western Carolina and GSU being disappointments and Furman not being quite up to what they usually are) there is no doubt about that.

I think what they are saying is that the BSC (except for The Griz, who would make a great NC opponent for Apps) can't hang with App State.

APPST '93
November 27th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Get off Ralph. I met him in Chatty last year and he couldn't say anything bad about ASU. I tried to force him into a pick and all he could say was "It's going to be a great game."

gRiZfBaLL04
November 27th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Go Cats...so maybe we can meet up again:nod:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2460/catgrizhd1.jpg

November 27th, 2006, 06:29 PM
great to see all the Griz fans backing the Bozeman boys and Socon mates backing the Mountaineers!

AZGrizFan
November 27th, 2006, 06:35 PM
All those stats kudos on the research but was that MSU that just played McNeese? No! I thought they played UM.
So how exactly can this be a comparative for the upcoming MSU/App game WTFxidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xlolx xlolx xlolx talk about transitive grasping this earns the all time AGS prize for that hands down.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Probably should be nominated for best AGS joke of the year as well ROTFLMFAOASPINPxlolx :nod: xlolx :nod:xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod:xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Pay attention GAS. My point, albeit a little round-a-bout, is that comparing where App State and MSU were in the different statistical categories doesn't mean crap because they've played a total of ONE common opponent. Just like if someone used McNeeses stats compiled largely against Southland opponents to predict how well Montana would do against them. Get it now? I'm saying the stats are NOT comparative....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GaSouthern
November 27th, 2006, 07:59 PM
appy is gonna dry hump MSU up and down the field.

Appy would kill most of their conference.... but UM would beat them IMO and I expect them to in chattanooga.

Cincy App
November 27th, 2006, 08:55 PM
these members that post and call me a hater are wearing blinders and drinking koolaid. If one is not expressly for their team then they are a HATER. It's very revealing. They're lead by their fan messageboard leader in the case of App St.

Hate for any team in CS including ASU - no, I wouldn't say that. Dislike for the ASU fan messageboard and many who are regulars on both boards (there and here)? Well, that seems to be very revealing...

Cincy App
November 27th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Back to the original topic, I like ASU's chances but I expect a tight game. A strong defense will be the best avenue to beat ASU. In particular, take away our running game. Should be a great game Saturday! Hope some Bobcats can make the trip! I had a great trip to Montana back in 2000 - except for the OT...

Block-A
November 27th, 2006, 09:03 PM
RE: Local airports

I don't think Hickory's airport has commercial service anymore.

APPSTER
November 27th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Congrats to Montana State - last team chosen for the playoffs and you stepped up with a strong bid and and got yourselves a first round home game. Then you go out and spank Furman to justify your selection to the playoffs. :thumbsup:

All of us who have watched I-AA football since its inception have watched our teams lose games that they had no business losing.:bawling: Montana State is capable of beating Appalachian at The Rock - a pick here, a turnover there and anything can happen.

But....if both teams play their absolute best - Appalachian wins by two touchdowns.

AZGrizFan
November 27th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Congrats to Montana State - last team chosen for the playoffs and you stepped up with a strong bid and and got yourselves a first round home game. Then you go out and spank Furman to justify your selection to the playoffs. :thumbsup:

All of us who have watched I-AA football since its inception have watched our teams lose games that they had no business losing.:bawling: Montana State is capable of beating Appalachian at The Rock - a pick here, a turnover there and anything can happen.

But....if both teams play their absolute best - Appalachian wins by two touchdowns.

Excellent post. :thumbsup: :bow: :read:

AZGrizFan
November 27th, 2006, 11:17 PM
great to see all the Griz fans backing the Bozeman boys and Socon mates backing the Mountaineers!

Believe me ralph, it ain't easy.....:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :mad: :mad: :mad:

November 27th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Believe me ralph, it ain't easy.....:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :mad: :mad: :mad:one step at a time AZ, one step at a time... soon you'll be rooting for all CS teams. :nod:

AZGrizFan
November 27th, 2006, 11:29 PM
one step at a time AZ, one step at a time... soon you'll be rooting for all CS teams. :nod:

Actually, there's lots of other CS teams I root for. Like during the BSC season, I root for the Griz and whoever is playing the Cats. This week it's UNH and YSU, along with UM and MSU. Can't bring myself to root for UMass---ever. However, during the year I root for a lot of teams to beat a lot of other teams. And sometimes I root for both teams to win....:o :o :o :o :o

GrizRchattybound
November 27th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Believe me ralph, it ain't easy.....:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :mad: :mad: :mad:

"and it ain't purty either" (rooting for Bobcats)

Roy D. Mercer

AppState
November 27th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Led.

APPST '93
November 28th, 2006, 05:33 AM
How fast is Edwards? Here's a video clip from ESPN.

http://broadband.espn.go.com/ivp/splash?id=2675737

GrizzlyEdd
November 28th, 2006, 09:10 AM
while the cats may play better on the road we havent lost at home in like 4 years

Ya, and the Griz beat the Cats for 16 straight years.... then..... the Griz lost 3 out of the next four.... every streak comes to an end. Even the Appy St home unbeaten streak. The Cats beat CO in CO and played the Griz extremely tough on the road so the Cats have an honest shot. I don't think that Appy will have as easy a time as they may be thinking they will. :nod:

AppStateMan
November 28th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Is Montana State hurting because of injuries? (Can't be that bad becasue look what they did to Furman)

Appguy
November 28th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Edwards seems like he has the speed to play reciever at the pro level....maybe like around a 4.3, or 4.4.
no clue if he can catch a ball though. hes way too small, his legs are like toothpicks, I cringe everytime he gets taken down hard

Borat
November 28th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Any word on which conference the officiating crew will come from? The officials at the App-CCU game made a lot of bad calls. Were they from the A-10?

cats2506
November 28th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Is Montana State hurting because of injuries? (Can't be that bad becasue look what they did to Furman)

Cats played Furman with 1 RB, had to line up Jefferson (WR) in the backfield a few times.

LB King is doubtfull after the Furman game

But WR Lewis, LB Claggett, LB Gazzerro, and RB Mason are all expected back for APP St, These were all out in the Furman game

WR Toliver, RB Groves and CB Beach missed the Furman game and are not expected back

BTW Currently it is -4 in Bozeman, -9 here in Lewistown, and that aint with the wind chill its actual temps.

cats2506
November 28th, 2006, 10:17 AM

I know how hard it is but thanks anyway, I dont know what it would take for me to pull for the Griz, maybe playing App St would do it though.

boonegoon
November 28th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Cats played Furman with 1 RB, had to line up Jefferson (WR) in the backfield a few times.

LB King is doubtfull after the Furman game

But WR Lewis, LB Claggett, LB Gazzerro, and RB Mason are all expected back for APP St, These were all out in the Furman game

WR Toliver, RB Groves and CB Beach missed the Furman game and are not expected back

BTW Currently it is -4 in Bozeman, -9 here in Lewistown, and that aint with the wind chill its actual temps.

I used to live in Big Sky, MT and I went to App. Believe me we are very happy that the game is being played in Boone. It gets cold in Boone, but it is way colder in Bozeman.

CamelCityYosef
November 28th, 2006, 10:29 AM
hes way too small, his legs are like toothpicks, I cringe everytime he gets taken down hard

I think some of this is his age-- I'll bet he bulks up a bit by his senior year. He could 30 more pounds.

GGASU
November 28th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Edwards seems like he has the speed to play reciever at the pro level....maybe like around a 4.3, or 4.4.
no clue if he can catch a ball though. hes way too small, his legs are like toothpicks, I cringe everytime he gets taken down hard

Man me too, every time he took off this weekend I was holding my breath.

It isn't that I don't think he can take a hit, but he is sooooo important to the success of the offense that I would rather see Richardson carry more of the running load.

I am so thankful that South Carolina and Clemson didn't give him an early offer. :hurray: :hurray:

BigApp
November 28th, 2006, 11:18 AM
... However to say that the BSC cannot hang with the SoCon... we shall see in the NC.

Thanks for the confidence that we'll beat MSU and win our semifinal! We'll need it! :thumbsup:

BigApp
November 28th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I prefer impartiality.

Who was it that wrote (something to the effect of) that he weeps at the thought of a stadium, cries upon seeing *another teams* flagpole, kneels at the entrance of the stadium and kisses the very ground *another team* plays on.

Very impartial, indeed. xcoffeex

Black and Gold Express
November 28th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Who was it that wrote (something to the effect of) that he weeps at the thought of a stadium, cries upon seeing *another teams* flagpole, kneels at the entrance of the stadium and kisses the very ground *another team* plays on.

Very impartial, indeed. xcoffeex

You mean kissing the ass of everyone isn't a form of impartiality, as well as a severe need for a lifetime supply of chapstick?

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 28th, 2006, 01:27 PM
while the cats may play better on the road we havent lost at home in like 4 years

Your gonna lose sometime and it will be sooner than later.

Like this weekend maybe??.................??

Go Cats!

james_lawfirm
November 28th, 2006, 01:40 PM

Go Cats!

Maybe, But doubtful. Hope to see the 'Griz in Chattanooga!

barechestcat
November 28th, 2006, 02:13 PM

Go Cats!

Alpha,
I seriously about choked when I read this. Out of everyone else on here and egriz, never would I have entertained the thought of you. :thumbsup:

catatac
November 28th, 2006, 02:58 PM
i think kramer will keep rolo in just because he has been the guy who has gotten the cats this far. but hey kramer is a good coach and might mix some things up especially since carpenter is more mobile.

:confused: Carpenter isn't more mobile than Rolovich...

BigApp
November 28th, 2006, 03:23 PM
THANK YOU BIGAPP!

you betcha! :thumbsup:

BigApp
November 28th, 2006, 03:27 PM
You mean kissing the ass of everyone isn't a form of impartiality, as well as a severe need for a lifetime supply of chapstick?

yes, mindless leader....:cool:

BigApp
November 28th, 2006, 03:28 PM

Go Cats!

You are correct on count #1, and very well could be correct on count #2! We will see!

Peems
November 28th, 2006, 03:30 PM
is there a link for the boone local newspaper?

appmountaineermaniac
November 28th, 2006, 03:34 PM
yes its www.wataugademocrat.com it isnt the best though
so montana state fans that are making the long journey do yall plan on tailgating?

mcveyrl
November 28th, 2006, 03:37 PM
so montana state fans that are making the long journey do yall plan on tailgating?

If you are, I'd imagine that you'll have to get used to "ya'll." Don't comment on it, it's how we talk. If you comment on it, you will probably be served the cheap beer.

Can't wait for this game, by the way. Would go to Boone if it wasn't for the fact that this will be the wife's first weekend at home in three weeks.

CamelCityYosef
November 28th, 2006, 03:47 PM
The Winston-Salem Journal (http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FPage%2FWSJ_StandardIndex&c=Page&cid=1041611506842)is the closest "big" newspaper to Boone that covers App (link goes to their App State page).

Also, if you go to GoASU.com (http://www.goasu.com/), and scroll down to "the Gleaner", you'll see links to regional articles about ASU athletics.

Black and Gold Express
November 28th, 2006, 06:02 PM
yes, mindless leader....:cool:

xlolx

putter
November 28th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Watching App against Coastal you could really see their athleticism. I do think that MSU has the athletes in the secondary to stay with their receivers. For me, the wildcard will be their QB. That boy can run and beat you with his legs and arm so how the Cats play him will be the deciding factor.

Black and Gold Express
November 28th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Thank you, mindless leader... :thumbsup:

Mountaineer#96
November 28th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Y'all make it on down yonder here fer the tailgatin, it is the bestest around . xlolx Us mountain folk sure know how to knock 'em back fer game day.

Tailgate at The Rock!!

Link for tailgating : http://www.goasu.com/page/121/

CamelCityYosef
November 28th, 2006, 06:14 PM
how the Cats play him will be the deciding factor.

If the Cats can figure out how...I suppose there's a first time for everything :smiley_wi

Peems
November 28th, 2006, 06:21 PM
If the Cats can figure out how...I suppose there's a first time for everything :smiley_wi

to be fair he just started playing this year its hard to figure out how to stop a guy who no one has ever seen before, but as you stated there is a first time for everything...

Black and Gold Express
November 28th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but nowhere in the UM/MSU game I watched did I see anyone for MSU that looked overly speedy to me, especially on defense. They all looked like average decent I-AA defenders to me speedwise.

Peems
November 28th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but nowhere in the UM/MSU game I watched did I see anyone for MSU that looked overly speedy to me, especially on defense. They all looked like average decent I-AA defenders to me speedwise.

with the way both offenses played no need to be speedy in that game. but it shows how well the defenses of both teams played when the barely scored on each other but both put up 31 the next week in the playoffs.

BigApp
November 28th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Thank you, mindless leader... :thumbsup:

xlolx xlolx xcoffeex xlolx xlolx :read: xlolx xlolx :eek:

appfan2008
November 28th, 2006, 06:45 PM
MSU will not be able to stop Armanti Edwards. No one has and yes he has played enough games to create a gameplan to stop him. Unfortunately it wont help and he will run and throw all over MSU just like CCU because they are so much slower than him.

SoCon48
November 28th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Any word on which conference the officiating crew will come from? The officials at the App-CCU game made a lot of bad calls. Were they from the A-10?
If you watch the tape in slo mo, you'll see that they were not that bad. Only called holding on App, though.
Patriot conf..

November 28th, 2006, 06:57 PM
xlolxYou laugh but Stevo means it, the mindless part at least :nod:

B&G
November 28th, 2006, 07:01 PM

Go Cats!

The #1 rule of gambling is always bet with the streak. You do that and you can only lose once. Bet against it and you can only win once. I'll go with the odds and take the streak this weekend.

ASUMountaineer
November 28th, 2006, 07:13 PM

Go Cats!

We will eventually. I don't know if it will be this year. I will say the last time we lost at home was the 2002 playoffs and I hope that is not the case this year. However, I feel a good game coming on and another win at The Rock for the champs...my prediction is:

ASU 38
MSU 24

Go Mountaineers! Anyone tailgating, feel free to drop by, I'm sure we'll have lots of food to give away...any MSU fans who will make it are welcome too.

CatFan
November 28th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Saturday was the first time this season that the Cats played with real intensity. If they play like that this Saturday it will be a great game. Holding Furman to one net rushing yard in the first half is pretty impressive. I say this saturday the Bobcats win by 4.

Thanks to the Griz fans for all the support.

HiHiYikas
November 28th, 2006, 08:38 PM
ASU 38
MSU 24

I was thinking kinda the same thing. Same score and similar story as ASU's second-round matchup with SIU last year. The '05 Salukis were a very good team that gave the Mountaineers a decent fight. In the end, though, it was just a little too much Black and Gold.

'Should be a great game.

Those of us Richmond-area ASU alumni who can't make the long drive to Boone this weekend are getting together to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity before going to watch the game together at a local sports bar.

http://www.alumni.appstate.edu/chapters/Richmond.html

chuges1
November 28th, 2006, 08:43 PM
I personally dont think you guys score 38 on us...and dont say the D2 loss cause i dont wanna hear about how that makes us have a terrible D. I think it will be much closer like 16 to 13. Game could go anyway so i am hopeful to see a great game.

appsfan
November 28th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Looking at the teams respective stats, the key number which stands out is 20. If the Apps score more than 20 we win; if we score less than 20 I think MSU wins. I see a tough, hard fought game with ASU winning 28-17. I think the travel, the home field, and the injuries MSU has is just too much to overcome.

APPSTER
November 28th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I personally dont think you guys score 38 on us...and dont say the D2 loss cause i dont wanna hear about how that makes us have a terrible D. I think it will be much closer like 16 to 13. Game could go anyway so i am hopeful to see a great game.

I don't know if we'll score 38, but saying we'll only score 16 on our home field when you guys gave up 13 to Furman on your home field is amusing. The only way we're held to under 21 is if we turn it over a lot. The question is - can you guys score 21 on us?

ASUMountaineer
November 28th, 2006, 09:09 PM

Well, I haven't mentioned the D-II loss, and will not. Just my :twocents: ...I didn't think we'd average over 35 points a game, yet we have. So, I see a habit there. If it's closer, maybe it will bring more people to ESPN2 to watch. Regardless, it should be a good game...and hopefully one the Mountaineers win.

Peems
November 28th, 2006, 10:27 PM
the 13 points to furman are silly, seeing that they the one touchdown came with no time left, but i do agree a lower scoring game favors the bobcats,

GOKATS
November 28th, 2006, 11:07 PM
I don't know if we'll score 38, but saying we'll only score 16 on our home field when you guys gave up 13 to Furman on your home field is amusing. The only way we're held to under 21 is if we turn it over a lot. The question is - can you guys score 21 on us?

MSU RB fumble late provided the only real Furman opportunity to score for a TD.

The other came late in the 4th with MSU clearing the bench & the Furman coach calling 2 timeouts with nothing left just so they could score again.

I'm just looking for a helluva good game from both teams.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 28th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Alpha,
I seriously about choked when I read this. Out of everyone else on here and egriz, never would I have entertained the thought of you. :thumbsup:

Come on Bare we are all Montana guys I got your back.

I only App St play for 1 half of football this year so it is hard for me to pick this game. I do think the Cats will play their asses off and keep it closer than the App St people think.

I agree with other posters on here that in order for MSU to win they need to keep App St around 17-20 points and from the little bit I watched I believe it's possible. That QB they have will give you problems but if your offense can control the ball and not turn it over, he stays off the field.

Montana St - 27
Appy St - 23

AlphaSigMD
November 29th, 2006, 12:59 AM
We will eventually. I don't know if it will be this year. I will say the last time we lost at home was the 2002 playoffs and I hope that is not the case this year. However, I feel a good game coming on and another win at The Rock for the champs...my prediction is:

ASU 38
MSU 24

Go Mountaineers! Anyone tailgating, feel free to drop by, I'm sure we'll have lots of food to give away...any MSU fans who will make it are welcome too.

Wait a second...did we (you) just invite montana state fans to the Alpha Sig Appalachian State Tailgate?

Or is this some secret tailgait of which I am unaware...

Either way, I wish I could be there...

AlphaSigMD
November 29th, 2006, 01:03 AM
My prediction for this weekend...

ASU Blanks Montana State...

ASU 24 - MSU 0

(all references to a river runs through it, in association with this post will be promptly disregarded)

Grizfanatic
November 29th, 2006, 01:29 AM

ASU 24 - MSU 0

(all references to a river runs through it, in association with this post will be promptly disregarded)

:eyebrow: I believe that AppState will beat the Cats and may even do so handly... However blanking them?? Not going to happen:nono:

redbirdtim
November 29th, 2006, 01:39 AM
ASU 31
MSU 21

MSU hangs around early, ASU gets up decently at the end of the 1st half and the beggining of the 2nd half, and MSU adds one at the end...now that I've said that, it definitely won't go that way :D

APPST '93
November 29th, 2006, 06:02 AM
• Mike Kramer’s Bobcats are 26-6 when holding the opponent to less than 20 points
• The ‘Cats are now 6-1 this year when winning the coin toss

ASU needs to score more than 20. (Shouldn't be a problem)

If the Bobcats when the toss we should walk off the field. xlolx xlolx

AppStateMan
November 29th, 2006, 08:05 AM
This will be one of the best games seen at The Rock this year. Montana State is a big football team that has a great defense. This will be a team unlike any team ASU has seen this year. But I just can't see Montana State holding our offense to under 20 points. Our offense has been on cruise control since the 41-7 Furman win. Edwards, Richardson, Mayfield, and our offensive line have been playing very well and improve every week. It will all come down to the ASU defense and if they play all four quarters. Its hard to predict this one just because both teams know very little about each other. But just because I'm an App fan I'll go out and say ASU-31 MSU-21.

Bobcat in NC
November 29th, 2006, 08:10 AM
MSU RB fumble late provided the only real Furman opportunity to score for a TD.

The other came late in the 4th with MSU clearing the bench & the Furman coach calling 2 timeouts with nothing left just so they could score again.

I'm just looking for a helluva good game from both teams.

And, by "late in the 4th", he means with no time left (literally) and MSU's starting defense hanging out with the cheerleaders. Final score probably could have been much worse than 31-13. That being said, I don't think MSU holds ASU under 20. I also don't think that ASU holds MSU under the magic 20 point mark. 24-23, Cats.

AppStateSVX
November 29th, 2006, 08:37 AM
ASU - 35

MSU - 28

Appattk
November 29th, 2006, 09:42 AM
My thoughts

ASU - 34
MSU - 24

Q1

MSU comes out fighting as they draw the first blood. They score a quick 10 points and stop ASU's offense in the first quarter.

ASU 0 - MSU 10

Q2
Then in the second we see two very quick ASU scores, now it's 14 to 10.

ASU 14 - MSU 10

Q3
In the third the teams both score a TD and MSU gets in a TD before the 4th Q.

ASU 21 - MSU 24

Q4
On the first drive in the 4th one of the big boys on the MSU defensive line sits on Armanti's ankle, causing him to leave the game. Trey comes in and on his first pass scores another TD. ASU scores another FG, causes MSU to fumble & kicks another one. Game Over.

ASU 34- 24.

cats2506
November 29th, 2006, 10:07 AM
My thoughts

ASU - 34
MSU - 24

Q1

MSU comes out fighting as they draw the first blood. They score a quick 10 points and stop ASU's offense in the first quarter.

ASU 0 - MSU 10

Q2
Then in the second we see two very quick ASU scores, now it's 14 to 10.

ASU 14 - MSU 10

Q3
In the third the teams both score a TD and MSU gets in a TD before the 4th Q.

ASU 21 - MSU 24

Q4
On the first drive in the 4th one of the big boys on the MSU defensive line sits on Armanti's ankle, causing him to leave the game. Trey comes in and on his first pass scores another TD. ASU scores another FG, causes MSU to fumble & kicks another one. Game Over.

ASU 34- 24.

I hope it dosent go that way, I notice that you only account for 1 fumble by MSU, Yet stats show that you have twice as many fumbles (28) as we do (14), That could be a game turner

AZGrizFan
November 29th, 2006, 10:13 AM

ASU 24 - MSU 0

Did you flunk your Geography class? That river runs through MISSOULA boy. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

Appstate29
November 29th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Did you flunk your Geography class? That river runs through MISSOULA boy. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

who gives **** about geography in Montana??? :D :D

cats2506
November 29th, 2006, 10:25 AM

I dont think he got it AZgrizz

MYTAPPY
November 29th, 2006, 10:31 AM
They are calling for Partly Cloudy and Hi 52, Low 34 for the High Country on Saturday. Those of you Cat fans making the trek, enjoy. Boone has been having surprisingly decent weather being almost December. Take in what you can Bozemanians, because come 4 o'clock, the Rock comes alive.
'Neers 38
Cats 20
:hurray:

APPSTER
November 29th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Appalachian plays well
Montana State plays well
Appalachian wins

Appalachian does not play well
Montana State does not play well
Appalachian wins

Appalachian plays okay
Montana State plays well
Appalachian wins

Montana State plays well
Tossup:eek:

Montana State plays lights out
Montana State wins:bawling:

FUmanchu
November 29th, 2006, 11:12 AM
From a Furman fan:

I'm pulling for ASU

ASU fans are quick to get defensive when called cocky, but quick also to call other teams' fans out for the same trait (see the post that says being cocky is a fan's right). Not saying as a stereotype that they are cocky. Their team has earned them the right to expect to win over the past 3 years. Other teams' day in the sun will come soon. Just be ready to be on the other side of it.

The ASU team that played the second half against Furman and the first half against Coastal is the best FCS team I have seen in some years. The ASU team that played the first half against Furman and the entire game against GSU is average at best. The difference in the two is turnovers. They immediately hit the "oh crap, here we go again" button after turnovers - you can see it in their body language. If they don't turn it over, confidence builds and there is no better football team at this level in this country. Not Montana State. Not Montana. Certainly not Furman.

Jerry Moore is one of the best football coaches, and most respectable men, at any level of football in this country.

If ASU puts a complete game together Saturday, they win by 24 points. Not kidding. If they don't, MSU is good enough and opportunistic enough to beat them by 10.

ASU wins by 13.

Eaglegus2
November 29th, 2006, 11:27 AM
App State 38

Montana State 21

Boone is one hell of a place to come into and try to defeat the Monuntaineers.

Bet of Luck!!!!!!

penguin8797
November 29th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Fu,
Unfortunately you could insert the name of almost any team into your last post and it would still be true. Football fans are often too cocky and easily offended, crying about respect but having no clue how to show it.

I picked App to win but I'm pulling for MSU. If YSU and MSU win we will get another home game, and another chance to tailgate outside Stambaugh Stadium.

CatFan
November 29th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Technically the river scenes in the A River Runs Through it were filmed on the Gallatin River.

AlphaSigMD
November 29th, 2006, 11:39 AM

So i guess all that talk of pride in montana was just talk...cutthroat to the bone huh?

Yes. I failed Geography. I am very very dumb.

89Hen
November 29th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Technically the river scenes in the A River Runs Through it were filmed on the Gallatin River.
Sounds sticky to me.

http://order.tupperware.com:8080/coe-images/items/p10054648000_detail.jpg

APPSTER
November 29th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Fu,
Unfortunately you could insert the name of almost any team into your last post and it would still be true. Football fans are often too cocky and easily offended, crying about respect but having no clue how to show it.

Way too much effort on this site trying to reign in "cocky" fans. The word "fan" is short for fanatic. Nobody expects fanatics to behave themselves and why should they? Every good program has a turn at leading the pack and fans of the best teams should take advantage of their opportunity to crow while they can! Appalachian fans understand that this run we've been on won't last forever. In fact, Furman could be the team to beat in the SoCon next year. Given that, we're going to annoy everyone while we can.

Conversely, fans of programs having down years can make fun of the ones having good years. That is fanatical behavior as well and can be a lot of fun.

Some fans even sit around mesmerized by hundreds of different pictures of their football stadium and like showing them to everyone else. Again, fanatical behavior.

It wouldn't be fun to follow a team if you're not able to be a fanatic about it.

MountaineerDrive
November 29th, 2006, 12:03 PM
From a Furman fan:

I'm pulling for ASU

ASU fans are quick to get defensive when called cocky, but quick also to call other teams' fans out for the same trait (see the post that says being cocky is a fan's right). Not saying as a stereotype that they are cocky. Their team has earned them the right to expect to win over the past 3 years. Other teams' day in the sun will come soon. Just be ready to be on the other side of it.

The ASU team that played the second half against Furman and the first half against Coastal is the best FCS team I have seen in some years. The ASU team that played the first half against Furman and the entire game against GSU is average at best. The difference in the two is turnovers. They immediately hit the "oh crap, here we go again" button after turnovers - you can see it in their body language. If they don't turn it over, confidence builds and there is no better football team at this level in this country. Not Montana State. Not Montana. Certainly not Furman.

Jerry Moore is one of the best football coaches, and most respectable men, at any level of football in this country.

If ASU puts a complete game together Saturday, they win by 24 points. Not kidding. If they don't, MSU is good enough and opportunistic enough to beat them by 10.

ASU wins by 13.

Nice post.:thumbsup:

HiHiYikas
November 29th, 2006, 12:33 PM
ASU fans are quick to get defensive when called cocky, but quick also to call other teams' fans out for the same trait (see the post that says being cocky is a fan's right).

Way too much effort on this site trying to reign in "cocky" fans.
I'm not at all trying to defend what I clearly regard as unbecoming behavior (see the referenced post), except to say that fans have the right to do it. People generally have the right to act like jerks. That right won't stop me from calling them jerks, though.

The point I'm making is that this whole cocky-ness conversation makes no difference whatsoever. It's such a worthless topic that I'm mad at myself for having to devote 2 posts to it. I'm astounded that it has taken up so much of this thread. It's a far less meaningful conversation than the elevation of Boone compared to Bozeman, the average temperatures, the per capita incomes, the color of the fire hydrants, you name it.

The topic jumps from useless to stupid very quickly when posters begin to believe that the confidence/lack therof exhibited by fans on AGS relates in any way, shape, or form to the preparations being made by any team anywhere. If anybody thinks that cocky-ness on the part of posters translates into unpreparedness on the part of real live college football programs...

well, in the words of one of my favorite professors, "you're just too stupid to talk to."

APPSTER
November 29th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I'm not at all trying to defend what I clearly regard as unbecoming behavior (see the referenced post), except to say that fans have the right to do it. People generally have the right to act like jerks. That right won't stop me from calling them jerks, though.

Fans don't have the "right" to do it - that's what fans do. Again, fan - short for fanatic. Its all in fun.....why get uptight about it?

FUmanchu
November 29th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Yikas-

I like your name, by the way.

Not sure towards whom your second of two posts dedicated to such a stupid (or was it useless?) topic is directed, but it seems misguided. I admit, I had to skim some of the 36 pages on this thread to get to the end, but I didn't see where anyone equated fans' claims of superiority or opponents' futility to actual team preparedness for an upcoming game. Again, see the post about fans' right to be cocky, which I happen to agree with so long as said fans are willing to accept defeat if that situation arises.

For the record, this is only my first post dedicated solely to this topic. I only hope that steers me clear of complete idiocy (or at least stupidity and uselessness).

MountaineerDrive
November 29th, 2006, 01:03 PM
This is a discussion board. So, why do people get angry when discussions take place? You don't have to read them if you don't want to. Am I in the wrong Ralph?

BuckeyeGrizzlyFan
November 29th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Cats are going to have to be hitting on all cylinders to take this one from the Mounties.

If they can force some early turnovers and/or take an early lead to neutralize the crowd and build some confidence---look out.

ncguitarplyr
November 29th, 2006, 01:13 PM
sportsnetwork's prediction:

"No. 18 Montana State (8-4) at No. 1 Appalachian State (11-1), 4:00

With a 31-13 victory at home against Furman in the first round, the Bobcats earned their first playoff win since their national championship season of 1984. They used a pair of key special teams plays to score twice within 30 seconds to take a 24-0 lead in the second quarter, and opened up a 31-0 edge before Furman came back to score twice late. The Bobcats have won seven of their past eight games after a 1-3 start, with the lone loss coming in a 13-7 defeat at Montana in the regular season finale. Montana State is in the quarterfinals for the first time since 1984, and will try to break a two-game playoff road losing streak. The first-round victory also marked Montana State’s first-ever game against a Southern Conference team, and the Bobcats will try to stay perfect by beating league champion Appalachian State this weekend. The defending national champion Mountaineers are rolling coming into this game. They have won 11 games in a row after losing the season opener to I-A North Carolina State, and have a 19-game overall winning streak against I-AA/FCS teams that dates back to a 34-31 loss to Furman on October 8, 2005. The Mountaineers also boast a 25-game home winning streak that has spanned four seasons. All of those streaks were extended with a 45-28 victory over Coastal Carolina in the first round of the NCAA Division I Football Championship. The Mountaineers opened up a comfortable 31-0 lead by halftime in that game, and used a balanced offensive effort for 560 yards, including 334 on the ground. Appalachian State has advanced to the quarterfinals in consecutive seasons for the first time since 2000-01. While Montana State has a 1-0 record against the Southern Conference, the Mountaineers have dropped a pair of three-point contests against Big Sky Conference teams, both in the playoffs. They fell at former Big Sky member Boise State, 17-14, in the quarterfinals in 1994, and lost a heartbreaking 19-16 game in overtime at Montana in the 2000 semifinals.

When Montana State Has the Ball: Ideally, the Bobcats could control the clock and sustain long drives with the running game. Appalachian State’s offense can score in bunches, and keeping them off the field is always a good way to limit their effectiveness. Unfortunately for the Bobcats, the matchup on the ground does not look good on paper. Montana State runs for just 97.2 yards per contest, and tallies only 3.26 yards per carry. To make matters worse, the Bobcats are without running back Evin Groves and Aaron Mason (573 yards, 7 TD) is questionable, so the carries could all fall on Isaiah Taito. Taito had 69 yards on 17 carries in the first round win over Furman, but carried only 82 times for 328 yards without a touchdown this year. If Mason can’t go, Taito will be the feature back against an Appalachian State defense that gives up 2.87 yards per carry and has only surrendered five touchdowns on the ground all season. The Mountaineers were dominant against Coastal Carolina’s running game, but did give up 351 yards and three touchdown passes through the air in the 45-28 victory. The Bobcats have thrown for 229.2 yards per game with 17 touchdown passes this season, with quarterback Jack Rolovich (1484 yards, 10 TD/10 INT) coming off a 272-yard, two-touchdown day in the win against Furman. Wide receivers Michael Jefferson (924 yards, 9 TD) and Donnell Wheaton (691 yards, 4 TD) both stepped up in the first round and have more than 50 receptions on the season. They will need big days against the Mountaineers. Appalachian State is tough on the pass with 163.2 yards per game allowed and only 51 percent of passes completed, but they have allowed 12 touchdown passes and could be susceptible to big plays if safety Corey Lynch cannot play or is not up to full speed. Rolovich has thrown five interceptions in the past three games, and will have to do a better job of taking care of the ball for the Bobcats to win in Boone.

When Appalachian State Has the Ball: The Mountaineer offensive line is considered one of the best, if not the best, in I-AA/FCS. But the Bobcats should be able to match up physically. Montana State limits opponents to 2.96 yards per carry and 106.4 yards per game on the ground, and effectively eliminated Furman’s running game for the first three quarters in the first- round victory. The Bobcats do have to show they can handle the speed of an Appalachian State team that likes to spread out and run out of the shotgun with either quarterback Armanti Edwards or running back Kevin Richardson. Edwards (857 rushing yards, 11 TD) has four 100-yard efforts on the ground and notched a career-high with 172 rushing yards and two touchdowns against Coastal Carolina, while Richardson (1221 yards, 20 TD) had 156 yards and a touchdown last week and has six 100-yard days and at least one rushing touchdown in 11 of 12 games this season. The Mountaineers average 5.33 yards per carry and 224.8 yards per game on the ground, and are coming off of a 334-yard effort in the first round. Montana State should keep them from posting that type of total, but the banged-up Bobcat defense could have its hands full with second-leading tackler Epikopo King likely out for the game and Will Claggett still questionable. Still, the Bobcats need to gear on the running game and force Edwards (1862 yards, 14 TD/8 INT) to pass. He threw for 226 yards and three touchdowns in the first round game, and looks less and less like a true freshman every week. The Bobcats give up a lot of yards through the air too, but they would rather take their chances forcing the Mountaineers and Edwards to pass. Montana State does have 13 interceptions and 22 turnovers forced, and big plays on defense will be integral to set up short fields and stop Mountaineer drives. Appalachian State has turned it over 24 times this season, and committed four miscues in a 27-20 double overtime win over Georgia Southern.

Intangibles: Appalachian State has the obvious edge of playing at home, where it hasn’t lost since the 2002 playoffs and owns a 25-game overall win streak. But going on the road to a loud environment won’t phase Montana State. The Bobcats just went to Montana two weeks ago, and notched a 4-1 road record where the only loss was a close 13-7 game against the Grizzlies. The Bobcats were at 1-3 earlier in the season and looked dead in the playoff race, so they are familiar with adverse situations. As one of the last teams in the field, Montana State can play with nothing to lose. No one expects them to win in Boone, and the Mountaineers will have all the pressure on their side.

The Verdict: Montana State is the type of team that won’t get blown out in this game. The Bobcats have a tough defense, and Mike Kramer’s teams always at least play well and stay close in big games. A few big plays from Rolovich and the receivers can make things really interesting, and put some pressure on Edwards and the Mountaineer offense. But the Bobcats could have trouble keeping up with the pace the Mountaineers set. Edwards and Richardson are both capable of breaking plays outside, and should keep the Mountaineers moving on offense to pull away in the second half and march on to the semifinals.
Prediction: Appalachian State 27, Montana State 13 "
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/extrapoint.htm

catbob
November 29th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I won't make any predictions (yet, I may crack :) ), but I will say that the Cats have their work cut out for them. Cat fans are lying to themselves if we say we don't have trouble with mobile quarterbacks. Juse see Eric Meyer last year. Misdirections and draws can spell problems for this Cat defense. They were especially fooled earlier in the year, but have gotten much better in this regard as the year has gone on. The guys need to stay home and not overpursue. We have a very talented front 7 and they are going to have to get pressure on Edwards without much help from LBs and DBs. If they can get pressure on him, and force him to scramble, then we will have some personnel waiting for him. But if we have to start blitzhing everybody just to get to him, he will step up and burn us. Our corners aren't especially fast, but they have solid coverage and are fundamentally sound.

I think ASU simply has too many weapons for us to contain IF App is hitting on all cylinders. The Cats have the personnel to contain them, but not stop them. If we force them out of their rhythm early, and find ours offensively, we have a chance to "steal" a win. If we get down early, it could be a long day.

We do get a lot of injured players back - I'm especially excited to see Claggett back in the lineup. The Cats run very well east/west but sometimes overpursue leaving cutbacks/counters/misdirections wide open.

I read somewhere (I don't remember) someone said that if App had a weakness in their rushing defense, it is straight up the middle. The Cats have very good run-blocking - we run tosses between the tackles a lot. If power running is what you are weakest at (and I'm sure that isn't bad at all), then Taito might be the best fit for the Cats right now, which is good since he is all we have. He is a strong runner who often pushes the pile forward. He has a good stiffarm as well, but his explosiveness and speed leave something to be desired. He is good for a 4 YPC average, with a long of 20 or so. Basically, we need to keep the D honest with screens, slants, end-arounds and draws. That will open the passing game up a bit, and Jefferson has to step up again like he did last week.

I know one thing - Cats are one of the best teams in the underdog roles you'll ever see.

Have fun double-teaming Mr. Hoffenbacker, a 6-2 320 pound freshman.
http://www.blueskyphotomt.com/Resources/fu231.gif
Jay Thane, as usual. :)

AZGrizFan
November 29th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I dont think he got it AZgrizz

He got it, but not so bad he can't post on an internet board. :eyebrow: ;)

ncguitarplyr
November 29th, 2006, 03:44 PM
i think the only way to beat us in through big plays and forced turnovers and limiting your own turnovers...i think if app played montana state 10 times app would win atleast 8 of em

catbob
November 29th, 2006, 03:45 PM
i think the only way to beat us in through big plays and forced turnovers and limiting your own turnovers...i think if app played montana state 10 times app would win atleast 8 of em

Funny because on BNation, we have a quote list going on, and Herbie was one of them. ;)

james_lawfirm
November 29th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I read somewhere (I don't remember) someone said that if App had a weakness in their rushing defense, it is straight up the middle.

If power running is what you are weakest at (and I'm sure that isn't bad at all), then Taito might be the best fit for the Cats right now, which is good since he is all we have. He is a strong runner who often pushes the pile forward. He has a good stiffarm as well, but his explosiveness and speed leave something to be desired. He is good for a 4 YPC average, with a long of 20 or so. Basically, we need to keep the D honest with screens, slants, end-arounds and draws. That will open the passing game up a bit, and Jefferson has to step up again like he did last week.

Have fun double-teaming Mr. Hoffenbacker, a 6-2 320 pound freshman.

Catbob:
I may have posted the comment about running up the middle on the BobcatNation webblog as Appgrad1. But others may have, it seems an easy deduction. Anyway, IF you can successfully run straight up the middle all day, you may have a shot. But don't try the screens, slants, end-arounds & draws - we're too quick & fast. And your goal should not be to "open up the passing game", rather the goal should be to move the ball forward, eat up the clock & keep our offense off the field. :thumbsup:

& Mr. Hoffenbacker may wish he was not quite so large - by the end of the game his tongue may be dragging. :nono:

But - this is only my advice & I have seen all but one ASU game this year. Only NC State has done this successfully. Wofford came close at 14 - 7.

In any event, good luck & have fun in Boone if you're coming!! :hurray:

HLecter
November 29th, 2006, 03:51 PM

Funny you should mention the 8 out of 10 thing,,that is the same thing that Mickey Matthews said about YSU.

But he still had to complain that he had to come on the road to play us. I would think he had an 80% chance right?? What a Jerkoff!

BEWARE OF THAT PREDICTION:nono:

CamelCityYosef
November 29th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Only NC State has done this successfully. Wofford came close at 14 - 7.

Ditto- and don't forget, the offense that NC State kept off the field isn't the same offense we have now...:smiley_wi

HiHiYikas
November 29th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Yikas-

I like your name, by the way.

Not sure towards whom your second of two posts dedicated to such a stupid (or was it useless?) topic is directed, but it seems misguided. I admit, I had to skim some of the 36 pages on this thread to get to the end, but I didn't see where anyone equated fans' claims of superiority or opponents' futility to actual team preparedness for an upcoming game. Again, see the post about fans' right to be cocky, which I happen to agree with so long as said fans are willing to accept defeat if that situation arises.

For the record, this is only my first post dedicated solely to this topic. I only hope that steers me clear of complete idiocy (or at least stupidity and uselessness).
You're safe FUmanchu. I'm not addressing anyone in particular at this point...

Occasionally, you'll read a poster saying something like "App is cocky and therefore will be upset," based on the host of fans who (rightly) point out that ASU is hard to beat in Boone, is riding a 24-game home win streak, has plenty of talent and speed, stats, etc.

That's the entry-point for stupidity and uselessness. It's saying "Appalachian's fans think that Appalachian can't be beaten, which leads me to believe that the team itself thinks the same way. Therefore, MSU (or whomever) will hand the smug and complacent Mountaineers a loss, since ASU is busier thinking about what kind of champagne to order for their Chattanooga locker room than who they're actually playing this weekend."

Cocky-ness isn't stupid (to a point, of course). Defending or bashing cocky-ness isn't stupid. Talking about cocky-ness isn't stupid. Assuming that poster cocky-ness has any correlation to team performance is stupid; discussing cocky-ness with the target of assessing team preparedness is useless.

I would add that very, very few fans actually make that leap. Certainly not anyone who's posted in this thread recently.

HLecter
November 29th, 2006, 03:57 PM

Funny you should mention the 8 out of 10 thing,,that is the same thing that Mickey Matthews said about YSU.

But he still had to complain that he had to come on the road to play us. I would think he had an 80% chance right?? What a Jerkoff!

BEWARE OF THAT PREDICTION:nono:

AshevilleApp
November 29th, 2006, 04:02 PM
In response to not allowing MSU to score 20 or more......don't see why its not possible to hold MSU with less than 20? ASU gives up a meager 13.8 ppg and has only allowed 5 rushing TDs all season. Couple that with the injuries to the MSU RB position and the Cats will most likely have to beat ASU through the air.

It may not be "probable" to hold a playoff team under 20 points but this defense can do it.

On paper(statistically) ASU wins this game easily.....but its more probable that it is a dog-fight between two good teams....

ASUMountaineer
November 29th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Wait a second...did we (you) just invite montana state fans to the Alpha Sig Appalachian State Tailgate?

Or is this some secret tailgait of which I am unaware...

Either way, I wish I could be there...

No, the Alpha Sigs don't set up their tailgate until about 1 or so. I'm already working on finish a couple sixers by then. We get up there about 8 or so and get started...fire up my grill around 10. I rarely head over to the Alpha Sig tailgate on Duck Pond as it's alcohol free and I'm getting a little too dated to hang out with the newbies who just know my name from obscure references...the "Godfather" from two years ago is now "the old, married alum who hangs out with Tiny and Beaver." We do it up right at my tailgate, usually with the help of some of the wife's handy cooking...one game we had homemade chili and potato soup. If I'm cooking, it's mass amounts of meat, with a little bread, and a lot of cerveza. Hate you can't be here MD, we miss having the KDL around.

Appguy
November 29th, 2006, 06:01 PM
What up chris this is Palma now we got 3 alpha sigs on here and I didnt even know it.
youre still the godfather to me lol

lemme throw this out there to MSU fans...who are your top 3 players i need to keep an eye on this weekend?

ASUMountaineer
November 29th, 2006, 06:05 PM
What up chris this is Palma now we got 3 alpha sigs on here and I didnt even know it.

lemme throw this out there to MSU fans...who are your top 3 players i need to keep an eye on this weekend?

Thanks for the vote of confidence man. Hope to see you at the game this weekend.

I'm not an MSU guy, but the people to watch from everything I have read is their wide receivers and who plays at RB.

Go Mountaineers...long live the Ol' Gal.

BigApp
November 29th, 2006, 06:07 PM
was this thread merged with the football talk thread or something??

Peems
November 29th, 2006, 06:20 PM
was this thread merged with the football talk thread or something??

yes both MSU ASU threads were merged. Also can some cat fans enlighten me on the Norice? hes not on the team roster.

BigApp
November 29th, 2006, 06:41 PM
yes both MSU ASU threads were merged. .

: smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh :

Peems
November 29th, 2006, 06:45 PM
yes both MSU ASU threads were merged. Also can some cat fans enlighten me on the Norice? hes not on the team roster.

never mind i realized how gullible i am.

Hells Bells
November 29th, 2006, 10:04 PM
no he is on the roster

CatFan22
November 29th, 2006, 11:19 PM
This Norice thing is getting funnier and funnier. xlolx

Peems
November 29th, 2006, 11:29 PM
hoffenbacker? that kid is just a big oaf. my friend wrestled him in high school and told me he is the hairest human being alive.

Hells Bells
November 29th, 2006, 11:31 PM
well he is a DT...i dont expect long distnace runners to play DT

Appdad
November 29th, 2006, 11:56 PM
hoffenbacker? that kid is just a big oaf. my friend wrestled him in high school and told me he is the hairest human being alive.

geesh, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :)

catbob
November 30th, 2006, 01:35 AM

#88 Michael Jefferson WR
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/celticmoose/mini-fu181.jpg

#54 Bobby Daly LB
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/celticmoose/mini-colorado39a.jpg

#20 Ryan Force S
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/celticmoose/mini-um191.jpg

Thanks to Jay Thane for these great photos. :D

SoCon48
November 30th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I'm sorry, but people from North Carolina NEVER. I repeat NEVER reserve the right to say it is cold outside in the presence for northerners.

It may get to 20 in North Carolina, but when it gets to -20 then you have my permission to complain!

Boone, NC has seen some -20's for sure.

Bobcat in NC
November 30th, 2006, 08:16 AM

I'm surprised that your friend is alive today to tell the tale...

Good for him!

SoCon48
November 30th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Ralph, Trey Elder is still a very good quarterback. He would have been the starter on almost any other team in the SoCon. He got off to a slow start (as has been talked about many times around here) because of two factors, shoulder surgery in the summer and poor play calling in the first two games. Jerry Moore has said REPEATEDLY this year that Elder wasn't ready to play at the start of the season. Why does the emergence of Edwards have to mean that Elder is a bad QB? Elder would have started ahead of almost ANY QB that ASU has had in the past 14 years, outside of Armanti Edwards, Richie Williams and Joe Burchette. Why do you continue to put this kid down? Particularly when a lot of other people you respect have seen much more of him than you have. Give me some credit for talent evaluation. Like every other position, ASU has quality depth. If something happened to Edwards, the Mountaineers wouldn't miss a beat.

That "poor play" calling stuff gets old. When Elder's ass was getting stuffed, it's hard to open up the play book unless you wanted to make him look even suckier.

Bobcat in NC
November 30th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Catbob, in that picture of Force, it looks like Clive's trying to shield his eyes to prevent being blinded by Ryan's brilliance...

AZGrizFan
November 30th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Sounds sticky to me.

http://order.tupperware.com:8080/coe-images/items/p10054648000_detail.jpg

It's GALL-atin, not JELLatin. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Walkon79
November 30th, 2006, 01:28 PM

13 to the Third String D.

Go Cats

Mr. C
November 30th, 2006, 01:35 PM
That "poor play" calling stuff gets old. When Elder's ass was getting stuffed, it's hard to open up the play book unless you wanted to make him look even suckier.
Give it up. :bang:

Jerry Moore has REPEATEDLY said that Elder was playing hurt during that time and most people, if not ALL, who cover the team agreed with the fact that playing calling was poor in the first two games. It's been much better since then for both quarterbacks.

lizrdgizrd
November 30th, 2006, 01:45 PM

Jerry Moore has REPEATEDLY said that Elder was playing hurt during that time and most people, if not ALL, who cover the team agreed with the fact that playing calling was poor in the first two games. It's been much better since then for both quarterbacks.
Don't bother, Mr. C. They either already know it and are just trying to get to you or will never accept it. When we're up by 20 this weekend and Trey comes in and lights them up for another couple TDs they'll understand. ;)

mcveyrl
November 30th, 2006, 01:46 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/celticmoose/mini-colorado39a.jpg
[/IMG]

If I were this guy, this picture would be a poster on my wall!!

lizrdgizrd
November 30th, 2006, 02:12 PM
If I were this guy, this picture would be a poster on my wall!!
Looks like he's giving him a nice hug. xlolx

except for that helmet starting to fly off!

Peems
November 30th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I'm surprised that your friend is alive today to tell the tale...

Good for him!

actually my friend did lose, but in his defense it was his first year wrestling, and that was the year hoffenbacker won the state title. my friend finished 4th at state.

SoCon48
November 30th, 2006, 03:14 PM

if not ALL, who cover the team agreed with the fact that playing calling was poor in the first two games

Oh, in that case, it just has to be absolutely correct. :rolleyes: xcoffeex Just like Nkang is the best defensive player in the SoCon.

I'm just glad as hell Edwards is the QB in the play-offs.

Just because a bunch of hacks says it doesn't make it so.

CopperCat
November 30th, 2006, 04:51 PM
:confused: Carpenter isn't more mobile than Rolovich...

The jury is still out on this one. After seeing Rolovich roll out as well as he did against Furman, I would say he is a little more mobile than Cory.

GO CATS!!!!!

CopperCat
November 30th, 2006, 04:54 PM

Then you are a blindman. During the MSU/Colorado game, whenever the Boulder radio commentators said something about the D, it was about their speed.

CopperCat
November 30th, 2006, 04:55 PM

Likewise.

CopperCat
November 30th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Cats are going to have to be hitting on all cylinders to take this one from the Mounties.

If they can force some early turnovers and/or take an early lead to neutralize the crowd and build some confidence---look out.

Noise and crowd stuff aren't really factors for MSU this year. I think that's been said quite a few times by the coaches and media.

AppStateMan
November 30th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Noise and crowd stuff aren't really factors for MSU this year. I think that's been said quite a few times by the coaches and media.

From what ticket sales look like online, this game is no way near a sell out. So the crowd will not be a factor. I've heard a lot of fans say they will just watch this one at home. But I do know a lot of students will be attending and tailgating!

BrevardMountaineer03
November 30th, 2006, 05:31 PM
With Thanksgiving Break being over, I see Students filling up 'The Rock'. I think this is going to be one of the biggest crowds.

CamelCityYosef
November 30th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Won't be biggest ever, but will be plenty big.

CopperCat
November 30th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Won't be biggest ever, but will be plenty big.

Good for them. Still won't be a factor.

HiHiYikas
November 30th, 2006, 05:44 PM
From what ticket sales look like online, this game is no way near a sell out. So the crowd will not be a factor. I've heard a lot of fans say they will just watch this one at home. But I do know a lot of students will be attending and tailgating!
I'm curious as to what exactly constitutes a sell-out for a stadium that often over-draws its capacity?

AppStateSVX
November 30th, 2006, 05:51 PM
i'm kinda disappointed that out of 41 pages....98% of this stuff is just repetitive junk.

ASU 31

MSU 17 is the paper's line

CamelCityYosef
November 30th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Good for them. Still won't be a factor.

Yeah, I know. Crowd won't be a factor. Travel won't be a factor. Weather won't be a factor. Our explosive offense won't be a factor. Our punishing defense won't be a factor. The color of our band uniforms won't be a factor. The tras-fat content of the stadium nachos won't be a factor. We get it. xcoffeex

You guys, the mighty 7-4 Bobcats, are gonna come in to Boone and do what 25 previous teams have failed to do. xidiotx

AppStateMan
November 30th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I know. Crowd won't be a factor. Travel won't be a factor. Weather won't be a factor. Our explosive offense won't be a factor. Our punishing defense won't be a factor. The color of our band uniforms won't be a factor. The tras-fat content of the stadium nachos won't be a factor. We get it. xcoffeex

You guys, the mighty 7-4 Bobcats, are gonna come in to Boone and do what 25 previous teams have failed to do. xidiotx

HAHA Thats great! GO APPS!!!

Russ B
November 30th, 2006, 05:59 PM
8-4, after last week. ;)

CamelCityYosef
November 30th, 2006, 06:00 PM
8-4, after last week. ;)

Oh yeah, my bad. But it was only Furman...:smiley_wi

mtgrizfan4life
November 30th, 2006, 06:03 PM
GO CATS, from your MT Brethen.

GOKATS
November 30th, 2006, 07:55 PM

Obviously the teams will determine the outcome on the field, but I really hope the Cats win. I thought the Griz had some of the most arrogant fans on earth, but a few of you are giving them some real competition. Here's hoping for a great football game by both teams, but I'd love for you and a few others to eat some crow. :smiley_wi

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2006, 08:09 PM

All I know is I will be there with my grill and lots of beer, hopefully meeting a couple of Bobcat fans who made the trek. I'm even bringing my father-in-law with me. GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Tod
November 30th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Obviously the teams will determine the outcome on the field, but I really hope the Cats win. I thought the Griz had some of the most arrogant fans on earth, but a few of you are giving them some real competition. Here's hoping for a great football game by both teams, but I'd love for you and a few others to eat some crow. :smiley_wi

Have you noticed how many Griz fans are supporting you right now?

Guess not...:nono: :nono:

Appstate29
November 30th, 2006, 08:13 PM

I think theres been some arrogance from both sides, and whoever wins on saturday, there'll be more than a few eating crow, that being said: App:31 MSU:21

GOKATS
November 30th, 2006, 08:29 PM

Notice that I said some and a few.

I'm well aware of the Griz support, and Thank You!:thumbsup:

AppStateSVX
November 30th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Notice that I said some and a few.

I'm well aware of the Griz support, and Thank You!:thumbsup:

call me dumb....but wouldn't Montana WANT to play us? I mean...wouldn't they want to be the ones to dethrone ASU?

sdgriz24
November 30th, 2006, 08:45 PM
call me dumb....but wouldn't Montana WANT to play us? I mean...wouldn't they want to be the ones to dethrone ASU?

We want to play anyone as long as it is in Chatty. But no,we want fellow Montanans to win over some Southern kids.

GOKATS
November 30th, 2006, 08:47 PM

Double edged sword- 1. 'Cats win takes away the chance that UM might face ASU. 2. It's a State of Montana thing, and a lot of us on both sides would like nothing better than Cat/Griz on a neutral field for the NC.

:hurray: :hurray:

Grizfanatic
November 30th, 2006, 08:57 PM

you have to admit that Griz fans are amongst the more arrogant fans around... maybe only bested by those Appy fansxlolx

appst97
November 30th, 2006, 09:01 PM
8-4, after last week. ;)

8-5 and home for the holidays after this week

"Southern Kids" 34

kitties 13

paytonlives
November 30th, 2006, 09:35 PM
43 PAGES!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Saturday cannot get here fast enough:twocents:

psc2445
November 30th, 2006, 10:31 PM
43 PAGES!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Saturday cannot get here fast enough:twocents:

quote of the whole thread, above:hurray:

as a matter of fact I think i may retire from this thread for the week(i'm gonna try to, anyway)

GOKATS
November 30th, 2006, 10:39 PM
quote of the whole thread, above:hurray:

as a matter of fact I think i may retire from this thread for the week(i'm gonna try to, anyway)

I'm hanging tough for a few more days. Custer got his ass kicked, but we Montanans have put up a good fight ever since.:D :thumbsup:

AppStateSVX
November 30th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Double edged sword- 1. 'Cats win takes away the chance that UM might face ASU. 2. It's a State of Montana thing, and a lot of us on both sides would like nothing better than Cat/Griz on a neutral field for the NC.

:hurray: :hurray:

gotcha, MSU better bring their A game though - b/c I guarantee they haven't seen anyone like Armanti all season

Mr. C
November 30th, 2006, 11:21 PM
if not ALL, who cover the team agreed with the fact that playing calling was poor in the first two games

Oh, in that case, it just has to be absolutely correct. :rolleyes: xcoffeex Just like Nkang is the best defensive player in the SoCon.

I'm just glad as hell Edwards is the QB in the play-offs.

Just because a bunch of hacks says it doesn't make it so.
No. 1: The reason Nkang was defensive player of the year in the writer's poll was that there are not a lot of folks in this area who voted. I voted for Murrell and Wiggins as co-defensive players of the year.

No. 2: No one has been advocating that Edwards not be the starter for ASU, even Trey Elder (now Trey Elder's mom, or girl friend might me a different story). Maybe you might have noticed that we picked Edwards as one of the four players of the week for the first round of the playoffs.

No. 3: I am not a hack and neither is anyone else who covers ASU on a regular basis. You might be surprised some of the "experts" (I'm not including myself in that catagory) who thought the play-calling was bad early. Some of them are on the coaching staff and some of them are members of the 75th Anniversary All-Time Mountaineer football team. Some of them work in the ASU athletic department.

By the way are you calling hacks some of the writers that I normally hear you sing the praises of? Because they were some of the ones who said the play-calling stunk against NC State and James Madison, too.

I guess you are the only one who has a clue on this subject? Give me a break.

Appguy
November 30th, 2006, 11:27 PM
is it just me or have we run ONLY shotgun this season. i hate it when were backed up suttles gets nervous and has had horrible shotgun snaps multiple times.

BigApp
November 30th, 2006, 11:29 PM
i'm kinda disappointed that out of 41 pages....98% of this stuff is just repetitive junk.

I agree. I had another successful thread (football talk) to weed that crap out. The original had been hijacked 2 or 3 times, and the actual discussion of the game had been lost in the mix.

Guess the 'admin' and mods around here couldn't figure that out, or didn't care, and merged the two threads together.: smh :

rOryOs-ASU
November 30th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I'm hanging tough for a few more days. Custer got his ass kicked, but we Montanans have put up a good fight ever since.:D :thumbsup:

The only native Montanans at the the Little Big Horn were the Indians!:confused: and Custer's scouts, and historically that was the last good fight the indians had!xidiotx

Tod
November 30th, 2006, 11:39 PM
is it just me or have we run ONLY shotgun this season. i hate it when were backed up suttles gets nervous and has had horrible shotgun snaps multiple times.

Wow! The first negative comment on ASU, by an ASU fan!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

texcap
December 1st, 2006, 12:00 AM
Wow! The first negative comment on ASU, by an ASU fan!
Although I am guessing (I am not going back through 43 pages of this stuff.:eek: ), I bet this beats the first negative comment by a Montana State fan by about 2 days!:smiley_wi

Tod
December 1st, 2006, 12:45 AM
Although I am guessing (I am not going back through 43 pages of this stuff.:eek: ), I bet this beats the first negative comment by a Montana State fan by about 2 days!:smiley_wi

Keep guessing. :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

APPST '93
December 1st, 2006, 05:43 AM

I wouldn't call it arrogance, just confidence. That happens when you are expected to win each week.

Bobcat in NC
December 1st, 2006, 06:51 AM
The only native Montanans at the the Little Big Horn were the Indians!:confused: and Custer's scouts, and historically that was the last good fight the indians had!xidiotx

Well, this thread has now included arguments from weather to geology to history - and I'm probably missing a few. So much for (Football Talk). After this post, I'm done until I come back here Saturday to either brag or cry.

Either way, I'm looking forward to a great experience in Boone.

Not to get off-topic, but I think that this game will rely heavily on turnovers. I know that seems like a no-brainer, but I think it's even more important this week than most. Simply put, MSU cannot afford to turn the ball over. Period. The MSU offense has to do whatever they can to keep Edwards, Richardson & Company off the field as much as possible. As fast as the MSU defense is (and yes, App Nation, this defense is fast), they can't match up with the speed of the ASU offense for one reason: Edwards. Our corners/safeties can match the ASU receivers, our linebackers/DBs (depending on the situation) can either match Richardson or knock him on his butt, our linebackers are faster than Bettis. Edwards is the wild card. MSU has to swarm like they never have before. They have to contain and not over-pursue. Get to him, but for God's sake, don't run past him. Make him beat them with his arm which, while good, is the lesser of two evils. It's a tall task, no doubt.

The MSU defense will have to play their best game of the year and the MSU offense needs to take care of the ball. Take care of the ball, you get more offensive plays. More offensive plays equals more touches (hopefully) for Jefferson. More touches for Jefferson (that he hopefully holds onto) equals more opportunities for him to have the type of game he did against NAU or ISU. If the ball is in his hands and his head is in the game (a big IF), it's a long day for the ASU secondary. Additionally, as stated above, more offensive plays for MSU equals less touches for Edwards and Richardson. And, please, please, please MSU, keep an eye on Richardson coming out of the backfield to catch passes.

Should App win this game? Definitely. Can MSU win this game? Definitely. The Cats have been playing with a chip on their collective shoulder since EWU and are 7-1 since then, with the only loss coming by less than a touchdown in the most difficult environment in the PCS. They have a coach who gets his teams ready for the big ones like few others (much better than in the "meaningless" games). I think that chip is just big enough to get them a historic win in KBS. I'll be screaming my butt off hoping that happens.

Go Cats!

james_lawfirm
December 1st, 2006, 07:41 AM
Well, this thread has now included arguments from weather to geology to history - and I'm probably missing a few. So much for (Football Talk). After this post, I'm done until I come back here Saturday to either brag or cry.

Not to get off-topic, but I think that this game will rely heavily on turnovers. I know that seems like a no-brainer, but I think it's even more important this week than most. Simply put, MSU cannot afford to turn the ball over. Period. The MSU offense has to do whatever they can to keep Edwards, Richardson & Company off the field as much as possible. As fast as the MSU defense is (and yes, App Nation, this defense is fast), they can't match up with the speed of the ASU offense for one reason: Edwards. Our corners/safeties can match the ASU receivers, our linebackers/DBs (depending on the situation) can either match Richardson or knock him on his butt, our linebackers are faster than Bettis. Edwards is the wild card. MSU has to swarm like they never have before. They have to contain and not over-pursue. Get to him, but for God's sake, don't run past him. Make him beat them with his arm which, while good, is the lesser of two evils. It's a tall task, no doubt.

The MSU defense will have to play their best game of the year and the MSU offense needs to take care of the ball. Take care of the ball, you get more offensive plays. More offensive plays equals more touches (hopefully) for Jefferson. More touches for Jefferson (that he hopefully holds onto) equals more opportunities for him to have the type of game he did against NAU or ISU. If the ball is in his hands and his head is in the game (a big IF), it's a long day for the ASU secondary. Additionally, as stated above, more offensive plays for MSU equals less touches for Edwards and Richardson. And, please, please, please MSU, keep an eye on Richardson coming out of the backfield to catch passes.

Should App win this game? Definitely. Can MSU win this game? Definitely. The Cats have been playing with a chip on their collective shoulder since EWU and are 7-1 since then, with the only loss coming by less than a touchdown in the most difficult environment in the PCS. They have a coach who gets his teams ready for the big ones like few others (much better than in the "meaningless" games). I think that chip is just big enough to get them a historic win in KBS. I'll be screaming my butt off hoping that happens.

Go Cats!

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
I agree 90%. The only thing I take issue with is whether anyone will beat ASU through a passing game. Lots have tried & failed. I think the ONLY to beat ASU (or at least have a chance to) is to run straight up the middle for 3.5 yds/carry. This may not work either, but it may be the better of the two evils for MSU. :twocents:

Looking forward to a good game tomorrow.

WELCOME TO THE ROCK.

hApPYaPpYFan
December 1st, 2006, 07:53 AM
A very wise former ASU player said to me before the game last week "there are no bad teams in the playoffs". I'm for certian both teams have prepared for this game, I'm sure all you Montana fans think the ASU fans are arrogant, but I can assure you the ASU football team is not taking you lightly, they have not taken any team lightly this season. Sounds like this is going to be a good one, hope the Montana fans who make the trip will enjoy the Rock and a great college football atmosphere.

lizrdgizrd
December 1st, 2006, 07:55 AM

Hope you enjoy the day & the game (but not too much ;)) Don't forget to hit the Caribbean Cafe for some wings after the game!

profisme
December 1st, 2006, 08:40 AM
John Colter was up against some pretty big odds as well, for those of you who know the story.

Mountaineer#96
December 1st, 2006, 08:45 AM
Suttle does have the habit of blowing some snaps, personally I don't know why he starts. Kyle Knox is a way better center, when they let him play there.

BeauFoster
December 1st, 2006, 08:49 AM
Hope you enjoy the day & the game (but not too much ;)) Don't forget to hit the Caribbean Cafe for some wings after the game!

I hate to say it, but I believe that Caribbean closed down a while back. It's a shame too, it was one of the few places a man could find Dixie Beer. :bawling:

ASU - 31
MSU - 17

Griswold
December 1st, 2006, 08:51 AM
Weather.com has the winds calming down to single digits by kickoff. They've been known to be wrong a time or two so if the wind contiues to blow hard who do you think it favors?

http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/hourbyhour/USNC0072?begHour=9&begDay=336

lizrdgizrd
December 1st, 2006, 08:53 AM
I hate to say it, but I believe that Caribbean closed down a while back. It's a shame too, it was one of the few places a man could find Dixie Beer. :bawling:

ASU - 31
MSU - 17
NO!!!!!!! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Well, is Rafter's (or whatever it's called now) still making those great black jack burgers? :(

gomountaineers
December 1st, 2006, 08:55 AM
NO!!!!!!! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Well, is Rafter's (or whatever it's called now) still making those great black jack burgers? :(

Caribbean is now Boone Saloon, and from what I hear, it's a pretty good hangout spot for the college kids, though I don't know about their food. Rafters hasn't been in Boone for quite some time, unfortunately. I'm not really sure what's there now, possibly another bar. : smh :

Mountaineer#96
December 1st, 2006, 09:08 AM
I think the high winds favor our boys.

Mountaineer#96
December 1st, 2006, 09:09 AM
Hey everyone, do you think this thread can hit 75 pages before kick off? Lets make a go for it! wow I can't wait till kick off and this thread dies.

MYTAPPY
December 1st, 2006, 09:20 AM
You Bozemians making the trek should find a bar and watch another good black and gold team in action at 1 pm on ABC.:D

cats2506
December 1st, 2006, 10:54 AM
Weather.com has the winds calming down to single digits by kickoff. They've been known to be wrong a time or two so if the wind contiues to blow hard who do you think it favors?

http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/hourbyhour/USNC0072?begHour=9&begDay=336

Looks like a good day for football, Good luck next year App St.

Go Cats

psc2445
December 1st, 2006, 10:56 AM
Caribbean is now Boone Saloon, and from what I hear, it's a pretty good hangout spot for the college kids, though I don't know about their food. Rafters hasn't been in Boone for quite some time, unfortunately. I'm not really sure what's there now, possibly another bar. : smh :

rafters is now a bank:bang:

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2006, 10:58 AM

Weather.com works horribly around these parts. It changes so rapdily and is almost always wrong.

On Wednesday they said it would start snowing at 1. Then at 5pm. Then at 9pm. Needless to say, we never got any snow. :D

lizrdgizrd
December 1st, 2006, 11:54 AM
Weather.com works horribly around these parts. It changes so rapdily and is almost always wrong.

On Wednesday they said it would start snowing at 1. Then at 5pm. Then at 9pm. Needless to say, we never got any snow. :D
If you want to know what weather's going to be like in Boone, use Ray's Weather page.

http://www.booneweather.com/Forecast/Boone

He is (or at least was) the head of the CS department when I was there.

WUTNDITWAA
December 1st, 2006, 12:09 PM
rafters is now a bank:bang:

Sad, sad. Though in my day, I dropped enough money in that place (then named Savannah Joe's) that they could start a bank.

cats2506
December 1st, 2006, 12:26 PM
If you want to know what weather's going to be like in Boone, use Ray's Weather page.

http://www.booneweather.com/Forecast/Boone

He is (or at least was) the head of the CS department when I was there.

Still Looks like good FB weather

psc2445
December 1st, 2006, 12:27 PM
Sad, sad. Though in my day, I dropped enough money in that place (then named Savannah Joe's) that they could start a bank.

it was hard to spend much money in there. a couple night a week when i was there it was 5 bucks all you could drink. I usually beat the house

gomountaineers
December 1st, 2006, 01:00 PM
it was hard to spend much money in there. a couple night a week when i was there it was 5 bucks all you could drink. I usually beat the house

Southpaw all night long! :D

Appguy
December 1st, 2006, 01:04 PM
You guys wouldnt belive the injuries some of our seniors are playing through....broken ribs and torn ligaments...amazing what cortisone can do these days

ncguitarplyr
December 1st, 2006, 01:30 PM
yeah definitly the thing that hasn't been solid all year is the shotgun snaps...i can think of a few embarrassingly bad ones...like the one on like the 2nd play of the season against ncstate where he hiked it over elder's head into our own endzone which ultimately resulted in a safety

Appguy
December 1st, 2006, 01:34 PM
like the one on like the 2nd play of the season against ncstate
It was actually the first 2 snaps,If I remember correctly. first could have been treys fault but that pushed them back to the goal line then the second one went right over his head

boonedocks
December 1st, 2006, 01:42 PM
nah, first play was a false start. Back up to own 15. Second play the snap almost goes through the uprights:bang:

appfan2008
December 1st, 2006, 01:50 PM
you are right i was there what a way to start after the last snap was taking a knee in Chatty i was there too!

Walkon79
December 1st, 2006, 01:58 PM
Kind of a small world, but I know the owners of Carroll Leather Co. in Boone. Anyone have any connection?

gomountaineers
December 1st, 2006, 02:06 PM
Kind of a small world, but I know the owners of Carroll Leather Co. in Boone. Anyone have any connection?

One of my good friends does a lot of the marketing for Carroll Leather. He's done some product catalogs and other promotional materials for them. I don't know the people there personally, however.

redbirdtim
December 1st, 2006, 02:06 PM
I think every team is banged up. Problem with the cortisone and everything is you're delaying the inevitable and possibly hurting yourself more. Football above other sports is an extreme sacrifice.

lizrdgizrd
December 1st, 2006, 02:13 PM
I remember when it changed to Rafter's. I think it had another name before that too. :beerchug:

Walkon79
December 1st, 2006, 02:32 PM
One of my good friends does a lot of the marketing for Carroll Leather. He's done some product catalogs and other promotional materials for them. I don't know the people there personally, however.

Would sure love to be there this week. But I married a Griz and she wouldn't understand. We'll save up for a second honeymoon in Chatty!!

Every #1
Seed's
Primary
Nightmare -
2 Play the Cats!

(I Stole the Sig from CatinNC, but I love it!)

Canyoncat
December 1st, 2006, 02:42 PM
Dang, I wish I could be at "The Rock" for this game. This is going to be a good one I think! Good luck to App State, but GO CATS!!!!!!!!

AshevilleApp
December 1st, 2006, 02:55 PM
I remember when it changed to Rafter's. I think it had another name before that too. :beerchug:

Savannah Joe's opened up while I was at App but I can't remember what was there prior other than a long period of remodeling of that particular building.......

BTW got bored and found a K-Rich promo clip on Youtube....sorry if its already been posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_1bFx4VRpk

AppFanBC
December 1st, 2006, 03:11 PM
When I was in school you went to Shirley and Ragean Esso sation and bought shine.

APPST '93
December 1st, 2006, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=AshevilleApp]Savannah Joe's opened up while I was at App but I can't remember what was there prior other than a long period of remodeling of that particular building.......

I think Savannah Joe's was the first bar in that location. The Depot was beside SJ's on the corner. Anybody remember Whatchamacallit's or Bash Rip Rocks (nickel draft)?xcoffeex and that's not coffee in the cup.:smiley_wi

APPST '93
December 1st, 2006, 03:53 PM
Web Cam at KB

http://booneweb.com/webcam/1/

CamelCityYosef
December 1st, 2006, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=AshevilleApp]Savannah Joe's opened up while I was at App but I can't remember what was there prior other than a long period of remodeling of that particular building.......

I think Savannah Joe's was the first bar in that location. The Depot was beside SJ's on the corner. Anybody remember Whatchamacallit's or Bash Rip Rocks (nickel draft)?xcoffeex and that's not coffee in the cup.:smiley_wi

Yep. I remember Whatchamacallit's & Bash's. In fact, Whatchamacallit's is the only establishment I've ever been physically ejected from-- literally picked up and thrown out the front door. xlolx

GrizDen
December 1st, 2006, 04:21 PM
Just wanted to get in a quick "Go Cat's" before the game. It sounds like it's going to be a tough task for the Cats to walk out with a win, but I'll be yelling at my tv as loud as possible for them to pull it out (that is of course after I'm done watching the Griz game)!!

paytonlives
December 1st, 2006, 08:01 PM
48 Pages!!!! AUGH!!!!

KICK THE STUPID BALL OFF CHARLIE BROWN!!!!!

BrevardMountaineer03
December 1st, 2006, 08:07 PM
48 Pages!!!! AUGH!!!!

:thumbsup: :nod: :hurray: Go App!!:hurray: :nod: :thumbsup:

Griswold
December 1st, 2006, 08:26 PM
48 Pages!!!! AUGH!!!!

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

That's the best thing I've read in this thread!

Grizo406
December 1st, 2006, 08:46 PM

In my mind, Custer is still a big a$$hole.

tobmoox
December 1st, 2006, 11:03 PM
My prediction is this thread will reach 100 pages before Saturday.... :bang:.....I hope that's not beeing too cocky or overconfident....

Typically Appy St predictions? ;O

psc2445
December 1st, 2006, 11:05 PM
IT IS NOW OFFICIALLY GAME DAY!

DAMN IT TOOK LONG ENOUGH. SEE EVERYBODY LATER TODAY. HAVE A SAFE TRIP

Mr. C
December 1st, 2006, 11:41 PM
Suttle does have the habit of blowing some snaps, personally I don't know why he starts. Kyle Knox is a way better center, when they let him play there.
I guess that's why the coaches and the media voted Scott Suttle to the all-conference team. Yes, Suttle has had a few miscues on snaps (though since the NC State game, it was mostly during that monsoon in Cullowhee), but he is one the leaders of the offense and he has the speed and athleticism to get out and pull on blocks. Suttle is also one of the hardest workers on the team. He's done pretty well for a guy who came in as a fullback. Knox, while he is a versatile lineman, who can play all three positions, is not the athlete that Suttle is and he was generally consideredone of the weaker centers ASU has had in the Jerry Moore era (ASU has been known for some great ones, like All-American Scott Kadlub, Tyler Elkins and Scott Williams). I like Kyle Knox and I know he has always left it all on the field, but he just isn't the athlete that Suttle is.

AppStateSVX
December 2nd, 2006, 01:06 AM
saw a lot of MSU Football players at the theatre tonight......seeing " De Javue" (spelling?)

jgcatfan
December 2nd, 2006, 02:38 AM
Cowboy Up boys

This is the big time - thanks for the hospitality North Carolina. Hope you are gracefull in losing.

-M

james_lawfirm
December 2nd, 2006, 07:32 AM
Cowboy Up boys

This is the big time - thanks for the hospitality North Carolina. Hope you are gracefull in losing.

-M

And in winning! :nono:

WELCOME TO THE ROCK. :hurray: :hurray:

CamelCityYosef
December 2nd, 2006, 08:07 AM
Game Day! I'm leaving for the Rock in a few hours. Hope everyone has a safe game day trip, even it's just from the sofa to the fridge :smiley_wi .

Be back later to catch up on the post-game gloating and/or crying...

appfan2008
December 2nd, 2006, 09:52 AM
Boone Christmas Parade at 11 followed by tailgating then in the stadium when it opens at 230! CANT WAIT TO BEAT BOBCATS

chuges1
December 2nd, 2006, 10:19 AM
Boone Christmas Parade at 11 followed by tailgating then in the stadium when it opens at 230! CANT WAIT TO BEAT BOBCATS

Yep you'll just have to wait till next time...:eek: :nod:. Cant wait for this game...GO CATS!!!!

hApPYaPpYFan
December 2nd, 2006, 12:24 PM
Goin' to THE ROCK!!!!

wisestone
December 2nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
Does any one know if the game is going to be in HD? Go CATS!!

KiddBrewer
December 2nd, 2006, 12:56 PM
i dont believe it is, only the championship is in HD i think.

im glad ive got an approx. 100 yard walk to KBS!!:) :rotateh: :nod: :D :smiley_wi :thumbsup:

cats2506
December 2nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Just looking at the stadium on the webcam, How many seats are on the off side of the stadium, It looks like it only has the lower section, Just wondering,

Going to have to watch that other MT team for a pregame.

Go Cats

cats2506
December 2nd, 2006, 01:28 PM
Has anyone found a web broadcast of Ill St vs. Youngstown

themanatasu
December 2nd, 2006, 02:29 PM
The game will be in HD if your cable provider (if you don't have a dish) makes the HD channel available.

SeattleGriz
December 2nd, 2006, 02:48 PM
Does any one know if the game is going to be in HD? Go CATS!!

If you get ESPN2HD, then you got it. I have been waiting for this game on HD all week. Just got my HD set.

Go Cats!

Appstate29
December 2nd, 2006, 02:56 PM
Just got up, now its time for ASU to show me what they GOT!

Appstate29
December 2nd, 2006, 02:58 PM
ARE YOU FING KIDDING ME, the TVU player is not playing the ESPN stations throw me a ******* BONE here!

appst97
December 2nd, 2006, 06:20 PM
Have a safe trip home...Bye Bye Good night

lizrdgizrd
December 2nd, 2006, 07:32 PM
Yay us! :hurray:

Griz0383
December 2nd, 2006, 07:47 PM
Amazing offense App state! enjoyed the game and I think the Cats played well but made mistakes against a team that will rip your heart out! looks like is 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3! don't you love the 1-AA!

lizrdgizrd
December 2nd, 2006, 08:03 PM
Amazing offense App state! enjoyed the game and I think the Cats played well but made mistakes against a team that will rip your heart out! looks like is 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3! don't you love the 1-AA!
It's almost like the committee knew what they were doing. xcoffeex

JBB
December 2nd, 2006, 09:15 PM
That was a great game. Both teams are very, very good. I loved it until the trick plays took the wind out of MSUs sails. Oh well. The better team won. Im not sure how NDSU would measure up against either one of them. That was intense and very, very good football.

Hells Bells
December 2nd, 2006, 10:17 PM
it was a good game

and yes i am not enjoying eating my crow