PDA

View Full Version : LFN: All Everyone Wants in the FCS Is A Shot On A Big Stage

Lehigh Football Nation
August 10th, 2015, 11:56 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/08/all-everyone-wants-in-fcs-is-shot-on.html

If you can't stand to read about Lehigh, probably best to skip this one, but it's a longform which takes the Lehigh FCS/athletic experience and translates it into what makes life great for FCS schools. All schools in the FCS want is a shot on the big stage, whether a big FBS game, a conference championship, or a national championship.

RichH2
August 10th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Well said,even for non LU fans.

BucBisonAtLarge
August 10th, 2015, 02:40 PM
While I was not personally pining for a Bison game with that Teacher's College up Rt. 45(PSU), I am disappointed that the Rutgers-LU and Rutgers-LC games won't be played. Hopefully Bucknell will get to resume playing Temple. Penn State also dropped off both the men's and women's soccer schedules, which felt like a further P5 tightening of control. Nice piece.

Lehigh'98
August 10th, 2015, 02:59 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/08/all-everyone-wants-in-fcs-is-shot-on.html

If you can't stand to read about Lehigh, probably best to skip this one, but it's a longform which takes the Lehigh FCS/athletic experience and translates it into what makes life great for FCS schools. All schools in the FCS want is a shot on the big stage, whether a big FBS game, a conference championship, or a national championship.

It was worth it just for your reflection on the 1998 playoffs :)

centennial
August 10th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Good article. Agree with most of it.

Daytripper
August 10th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Enjoyed the article. Hit on many valid points.

ngineer
August 10th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Nice piece, Chuck. I agree, the Rutgers series would be great to renew and Rutgers is a big loser for this policy. Hopefully we can get an ACC game with UVa, WFU, Duke etc.

Sader87
August 10th, 2015, 10:41 PM
I'm sorry....continue to believe that the FCS playoffs don't mean much.

DFW HOYA
August 10th, 2015, 10:58 PM
I'm sorry....continue to believe that the FCS playoffs don't mean much.

I'm not so sure the Ivies really want a shot on the big stage anymore.

Go...gate
August 10th, 2015, 11:04 PM
Your usual fine job, LFN.

RichH2
August 11th, 2015, 08:24 AM
It does seem at least some Ivies are becoming markedly more insular. Interested in seeing how Penn and Princeton go forward. Harvard has made its choice.

AmsterBison
August 11th, 2015, 08:38 AM
All schools in the FCS want is a shot on the big stage, whether a big FBS game, a conference championship, or a national championship.

Or?

Did Conan say, "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, or hear the lamentation of their women?" :)

Lehigh Football Nation
August 11th, 2015, 09:20 AM

Pretty sure the football team knows a few basketball, hockey, lacrosse, etc. players at their schools that will tell them what it's like to compete for a national championship, and I bet if it were up to the players and coaches (off the record), they'd absolutely want a chance to knock NDSU in the teeth in the playoffs.