PDA

View Full Version : 2015 aGS All American Voting

ursus arctos horribilis
July 31st, 2015, 12:30 PM
An email has been sent to all AGS Poll voters just a few minutes ago. There is a link to vote in that email. General email text without link is:

For the first time ever AGS will be putting together an All American team. This is a very similar process to the AGS Poll voting.

This has nothing to do with your AGS Poll voting other than I believe you and your contemporaries in the poll to be a cut above when it comes to paying attention to this level of football. I am requesting your help in putting together the inaugural AGS All America Team.

There is a thread on each and every category listed on AGS in the FCS Discussion forum in case you feel like brushing up or asking a question on any particular categories as well.

Again, this does not affect your poll voting or is in anyway a requirement of your poll voting status just so I am clear on that. I just want you to be a part of this if you can.

Voting will close on Wednesday 07/08/2015.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 31st, 2015, 12:31 PM
Got it. I'm going to need some research.

grizband
July 31st, 2015, 12:40 PM
Thanks! Hoping we do an all American team after the season as well, to compliment this pre season team

Catsfan90
July 31st, 2015, 12:44 PM
Excited to be a part of this.

MR. CHICKEN
July 31st, 2015, 12:53 PM
....VOTIN' WILL CLOSE......WEDNESDAY.....7/8/2015.......xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx........B RAWK-UH-DODDLE-DOO?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 31st, 2015, 01:35 PM
....VOTIN' WILL CLOSE......WEDNESDAY.....7/8/2015.......xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx........B RAWK-UH-DODDLE-DOO?

OOPSEY.

That should be Wednesday 8/5/2015...I've been a little out of sorts and up to my ass in details and I'm f'n it up the numbers on that one.

Also forgot to put in the email that it closed at Noon ET on that day.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 31st, 2015, 01:36 PM
Thanks! Hoping we do an all American team after the season as well, to compliment this pre season team

Yeah, I think we will be.xthumbsupx

APaladindad
July 31st, 2015, 07:23 PM
Is it possible to get in on the AGS AA Team voting?

KPSUL
July 31st, 2015, 10:48 PM
I really didn't pay much attention to the by Position All American threads on AGS, I was tired at looking at other pre-season FCS All American listings
all of which were replete with errors like listing several players who graduated in Spring, 2015.
However, Tad McNeely from UNH is currently slotted to play Center, not Guard this season. No way you'd know that unless you were following a team very closely.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 1st, 2015, 01:42 AM
I really didn't pay much attention to the by Position All American threads on AGS, I was tired at looking at other pre-season FCS All American listings
all of which were replete with errors like listing several players who graduated in Spring, 2015.
However, Tad McNeely from UNH is currently slotted to play Center, not Guard this season. No way you'd know that unless you were following a team very closely.

Damn, I really wish you would have looked. A big part of why things are done the way they around here is to have you guys help with details like that...BEFORE we go ahead and put it up.

Having team style "personal" fact checkers and so forth gives us a better chance of doing it right...if it's checked over that is.:D

KPSUL
August 1st, 2015, 07:03 AM
Damn, I really wish you would have looked. A big part of why things are done the way they around here is to have you guys help with details like that...BEFORE we go ahead and put it up.

Having team style "personal" fact checkers and so forth gives us a better chance of doing it right...if it's checked over that is.:D

I don't disagree, I wish I told you a couple days a go, I probably picked that fact up before you released the poll for voting, but only a day or two before. I'll take the hit and your advice.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 1st, 2015, 01:06 PM
I don't disagree, I wish I told you a couple days a go, I probably picked that fact up before you released the poll for voting, but only a day or two before. I'll take the hit and your advice.

We want more than anything to be right with the fans and hope that you guys will act as our editors so please let me know man, I do really appreciate it. Heck two minutes before I put it up would have gotten me to fix that quickly so a day or two would have definitely gotten it done. Ah well, live and learn and we'll get it next time.:)

smallcollegefbfan
August 1st, 2015, 05:04 PM

He did play center a good bit last year. I thought about listing him at center but thought it would be easier to get him on the list at guard.

PantherRob82
August 1st, 2015, 05:13 PM
He could move back as well. Things happen in fall camp.

smallcollegefbfan
August 1st, 2015, 05:19 PM
He could move back as well. Things happen in fall camp.

Very possible. You could actually rank him at both because he did play several games at both guard and center last year.

Missingnumber7
August 3rd, 2015, 08:51 AM
Can we have AA watch list threads during the season? Would make it easier to find some of these kids to watch especially for some of the lesser known kids to get seen, but it would also aid in cleaning up the lists during the season so that come playoffs you would already have the lists built and BOOM we have an early AA list.

smallcollegefbfan
August 3rd, 2015, 08:56 AM
Can we have AA watch list threads during the season? Would make it easier to find some of these kids to watch especially for some of the lesser known kids to get seen, but it would also aid in cleaning up the lists during the season so that come playoffs you would already have the lists built and BOOM we have an early AA list.

We will get an automatic list of nominations when the postseason all-conference teams come out. I think it would be good to point out players doing well that we see from each league during the year as well but we will probably put those who who get 1st team by their leagues on the ballot.