PDA

View Full Version : Furman at Montana State GAMEDAY Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Ok, good day

thirdgendin
November 25th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Furman has 1st and goal at about the 4 with 7 seconds to go. Timeout Paladins, hoping to give the reserves a chance to score.

LarryBoy
November 25th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Sorry, one more thing. They're booing us for calling a time out to try and score at the end. What the crap? Nothing against MSU people on this board (you've all proven to be class acts), but that is poor sportsmanship in general.

thirdgendin
November 25th, 2006, 03:27 PM
We get stopped at the 1-yard line, game over. Or, apparently we called timeout with 1 second to go.

Furman 7
Montana State 31

Great game today, Bobcats!

PaladinFan
November 25th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Not much else to say. Furman somedays looks like world beaters, others looks horrible. Not taking anything away from MSU, but this was far from our best effort.

Either way, saves us the trouble of having to go back to Boone. Now the next game in that series will be them losing to us in Greenville next year. MSU has got a loooong plane ride ahead to play a team who routinely plays at elevation, in the snow, and in the wind.

Only lose 8 seniors. Maybe next year MSU can visit our place and we can return a shelacking. :)

Great game 'Cats. Sorry to the SoCon on the lackluster effort.

thirdgendin
November 25th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Felton gets his 23rd TD of the year on the final play of the game.

31-13 Montana State wins as no PAT is attempted.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Congrats Bobcats!

dbackjon
November 25th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Way to represent, MSU!!

nick9c
November 25th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Congrats to the Bobcats...MSU played an outstanding game and shut down the Paladins period. I think you'll play App. State pretty tough. We had a lot of marginal wins this year, and it showed that we really weren't playoff caliber. I think maybe without all the injuries, we would have been a better team, but that's part of the game.

chuges1
November 25th, 2006, 03:31 PM
YAY!! Good luck to you guys in the seasons to come and I wish you all the best.

FUwolfpacker
November 25th, 2006, 03:33 PM
No way around it, we were just bad.

Congrats to MSU and good luck the rest of the way!:)

nick9c
November 25th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Sorry, one more thing. They're booing us for calling a time out to try and score at the end. What the crap? Nothing against MSU people on this board (you've all proven to be class acts), but that is poor sportsmanship in general.

No, I don't think so. It's pretty poor sportsmanship on behalf of our coach to try and get that last TD...it's not like it would have made a difference other than on the scoreboard. The game was lost.

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 03:34 PM

Just fans having fun. I can't fault the Furman coaches for trying to make the score look a bit more respectable, but I don't think having the home fans boo the opposing team is outlandish.

The Dude
November 25th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Well, at least we got some touchdowns in the second half.

Congrats to the Bobcats. You played great.

We, however, played sloppy. Combine that with good Bobact play, and there's your result. Hopefully, we'll use this as a learning experience for next season.

matfu
November 25th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Furman did not play well at all, which is the way we played many games this season. imho this game was LOST the second i heard we were playing montana state on the road. the nagging injuries to felton and gray hurt us this year and today. don't know what happened to stepp at the end of the season. very few receptions after the coastal game. very unusual for us to get whipped in the playoffs. the last playoff loss for us over 7 points was 1996 when we lost to marshall 54-0.

congrats to montana state, definitely the better team today. i know we were outplayed. don't know if we were outcoached. the last half of the season our offense was very erratic, inconsistent. poor etc. and that continued today.

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Too all Furman fans that have for the last week talked about having to traveling to Montana and the nagging injuries. It appeared as if many Fruman fans were making excuses upfront in the occurence of a loss. If you loose, no surprise -- if you won, wow look at the adversity we overcame to win.

Well done CATS, you showed everyone that your playoff berth was justified. Best of luck in Round 2.

CopperCat
November 25th, 2006, 03:54 PM
The radio commentator said there were about 9500 people at the game today. I can tell you it was ALOT more than that. At least 11,000. Great atmosphere, great game. Can't wait for next week!

Guard Dawg
November 25th, 2006, 04:04 PM
on the bigskytv feed it looked like it was than 3/4 full. I guess just under 9,000 were there.

Purple Knight
November 25th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Too all Furman fans that have for the last week talked about having to traveling to Montana and the nagging injuries. It appeared as if many Fruman fans were making excuses upfront in the occurence of a loss. If you loose, no surprise -- if you won, wow look at the adversity we overcame to win.

I agree with you. I have heard about injuries all year to explain everything that has or has not happened. Bout every team out there has had significant injuries. The key is do you have anyone to step-in and do the job.

We are just getting beat in the 2nd half and sometimes in the 1st too. There are no excuses

matfu
November 25th, 2006, 04:05 PM

Well done CATS, you showed everyone that your playoff berth was justified. Best of luck in Round 2.

traveling to montana WAS huge but the nagging injuries hurt us. BUT it sounded like montana state had many more guys OUT then we did. we got beat by a BETTER TEAM today on the road which made it hard.

i congratulate the bobcats. they whooped us plain and simple.

matfu
November 25th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Congrats to the Bobcats...MSU played an outstanding game and shut down the Paladins period. I think you'll play App. State pretty tough. We had a lot of marginal wins this year, and it showed that we really weren't playoff caliber. I think maybe without all the injuries, we would have been a better team, but that's part of the game.

i disagree...at 8-3 we were a playoff caliber team, despite injuries. if this game had been in greenville, it may have been totally different.

in the playoffs 7 of the last 8 years says alot.

OL FU
November 25th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Congrats Bobcats
:thumbsup:

Which way is Crapsville I need a drink:rolleyes: :)

Lex St. Kitts
November 25th, 2006, 05:10 PM
traveling to montana WAS huge but the nagging injuries hurt us. BUT it sounded like montana state had many more guys OUT then we did. we got beat by a BETTER TEAM today on the road which made it hard.

i congratulate the bobcats. they whooped us plain and simple.

You are correct. We had our top two RB's out along with two of our top four WR's. This is just to name a few.

Death Dealer
November 25th, 2006, 05:12 PM

Damn Den! I have a paper cut on my finger, you wanna come over and pour some salt on it!

Death Dealer
November 25th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Good job Cats....way to dismantle us....you know what this means don't you? Now I have to get a bobcat voodoo doll made! Of course, I should probably save my money, the one I had made of Yosef didn't work. I think that witch doctor is cheating me!!!

Who's buying the drinks in Crapsville? See you Cats there next week! I'll save you some whiskey. You boys do drink whiskey don't you.....what with the weather up there and all?

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Congrats Bobcats
:thumbsup:

Which way is Crapsville I need a drink:rolleyes: :)

Beatcha there FU!

BelgradeBobcat
November 25th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Just fans having fun. I can't fault the Furman coaches for trying to make the score look a bit more respectable, but I don't think having the home fans boo the opposing team is outlandish.

The fans weren't booing Furman-they were mad at the refs for letting one more play go with the clock at 0 (hometown clock operator no doubt). Both teams were shaking hands and they had to clear the whole mess off the field for one more play. No big deal.

This a great moment for me-a life long Bobcat fan. I was shocked almost to tears when I heard we were hosting. I was terrified we wouldn't hold up our end of the bargain. But the fans turned out and the team played great. Congrats to Furman on a nice season and terrific program. We want what you've got-a perennial nationally ranked playoff calibre program. The Bobcats took a big step towards that today.

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Damn Den! I have a paper cut on my finger, you wanna come over and pour some salt on it!

LOL Death Dealer. Not trying to pour it on. If the games in round one are any indication (with the Marquee Matchup of YSU/JMU still to go) we're in for a real treat this playfoff season.

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=BelgradeBobcat]The fans weren't booing Furman-they were mad at the refs for letting one more play go with the clock at 0 (hometown clock operator no doubt). Both teams were shaking hands and they had to clear the whole mess off the field for one more play. No big deal.

Thanks for clarifying why the boo-birds were out. I didn't actually see it happen as I was watching the end of the Montana/McNeese game.

I'm glad the end of your game was filled with less "extra curricular" jawing and hits than the Griz/Cowboy game.

CopperCat
November 26th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Looks like a pathetic crowd will be on hand for this one.

Those stands were full. You weren't there, so don't be smacking something you know nothing about.

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Did anyone hear Kramer's comments? he always has positive things to say.

matfu
November 26th, 2006, 05:45 PM
The fans weren't booing Furman-they were mad at the refs for letting one more play go with the clock at 0 (hometown clock operator no doubt). Both teams were shaking hands and they had to clear the whole mess off the field for one more play. No big deal.

This a great moment for me-a life long Bobcat fan. I was shocked almost to tears when I heard we were hosting. I was terrified we wouldn't hold up our end of the bargain. But the fans turned out and the team played great. Congrats to Furman on a nice season and terrific program. We want what you've got-a perennial nationally ranked playoff calibre program. The Bobcats took a big step towards that today.

-yep getting in the playoffs and WINNING is a great thing in life, especially when it happens infrequently. congrats on getting a home game and whipping the paladins!