IBleedYellow
November 2nd, 2015, 09:33 AM
I thought USD lost to UNI?

http://unipanthers.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

gotts
November 2nd, 2015, 09:36 AM
I thought USD lost to UNI?

http://unipanthers.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp311/gotts811/uni_zpsgezqilzj.png (http://s423.photobucket.com/user/gotts811/media/uni_zpsgezqilzj.png.html)

UNIFanSince1983
November 2nd, 2015, 09:39 AM
Wow...

clenz
November 2nd, 2015, 09:40 AM
No one has ever claimed UNI's website/marketing department is good.

In fact, quick the opposite. Most think/know it's lacking in pretty much every area

unigriff
November 2nd, 2015, 10:47 AM
No one has ever claimed UNI's website/marketing department is good.

In fact, quick the opposite. Most think/know it's lacking in pretty much every area

so true.

JayJ79
November 2nd, 2015, 11:31 AM
maybe the same person responsible for putting the down and distance on the scoreboard at games is the one responsible for updating the results page.

Aeacos
November 2nd, 2015, 02:13 PM
maybe the same person responsible for putting the down and distance on the scoreboard at games is the one responsible for updating the results page.

The interns can only handle so many tasks at once hahahaha

eiu1999
November 2nd, 2015, 02:42 PM
Whoops..

Daved
November 4th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Concussions and a complete mismanagement of the qb situation cost Sawyer the chance to be one of the two best in UNI history and top 5 in conference.In a rare instance I totally agree with that assessment.

Twentysix
November 5th, 2015, 12:55 AM
So the ****ing pancheros in San Diego is closed... Now the closest one is in LA... **** ME

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2015, 04:37 AM
So the ****ing pancheros in San Diego is closed... Now the closest one is in LA... **** ME
Man, living in San Diego must just be awful now ;)

JayJ79
November 5th, 2015, 06:16 AM

and the closest Caseys breakfast pizza is 975 miles away

clenz
November 5th, 2015, 06:48 AM
You might want to cut long ways, across, after this....

For real.

Evolution Prime
November 5th, 2015, 04:19 PM

When in the Navy and our sub did port calls in San Diego, we always went to Adalberto's. Pretty good stuff.

Catsfan90
November 5th, 2015, 04:26 PM
When in the Navy and our sub did port calls in San Diego, we always went to Adalberto's. Pretty good stuff.
I'm sorry.

mmiller_34
November 5th, 2015, 10:14 PM
I haven't checked out this thread in a while. Good to see it back on the real topic--food.

Twentysix
November 6th, 2015, 01:29 AM
Man, living in San Diego must just be awful now ;)

Yeah its a real struggle.

birdsflyhigh
November 6th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Game day's tomorrow, so thought I'd post my MVFC pick e'ms for Valley battle round #6. Went 4-1 last week and now 19-6 overall for the first 5 MVFC rounds. Here goes for this week:

YSU Penguins > MSU....MSU has been an absolute punching bag this season, and YSU has shown some life as far as winning out and reaching the playoffs.

SIU Salukis > USD.......Going for the road warriors on this one, but think this will be a true dogfight between the Egyptian Dogs and the Coyotes.

ISU Redbirds > SDSU...A lot on the line in this game and could be the best FCS game of the day. Think the Redbirds win by a feather.

NDSU Bison > WIU......The Necks have proven to be a good team this season, but the Bison are at home and NDSU is going for a high playoff seed.

UNI Panthers >ISU-B...Playoff elimination game as both teams would not be able to reach 7 wins if they lose. Going with UNI defending home turf in the Dome.

Other than the YSU/MSU game, the other 4 MVFC should be excellent showdowns. Looking forward to catching most of the Valley games on ESPN3...YES!! :)

BisonFan02
November 6th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Game day's tomorrow, so thought I'd post my MVFC pick e'ms for Valley battle round #6. Went 4-1 last week and now 19-6 overall for the first 5 MVFC rounds. Here goes for this week:

YSU Penguins > MSU....MSU has been an absolute punching bag this season, and YSU has shown some life as far as winning out and reaching the playoffs.

SIU Salukis > USD.......Going for the road warriors on this one, but think this will be a true dogfight between the Egyptian Dogs and the Coyotes.

ISU Redbirds > SDSU...A lot on the line in this game and could be the best FCS game of the day. Think the Redbirds win by a feather.

NDSU Bison > WIU......The Necks have proven to be a good team this season, but the Bison are at home and NDSU is going for a high playoff seed.

UNI Panthers >ISU-B...Playoff elimination game as both teams would not be able to reach 7 wins if they lose. Going with UNI defending home turf in the Dome.

Other than the YSU/MSU game, the other 4 MVFC should be excellent showdowns. Looking forward to catching most of the Valley games on ESPN3...YES!! :)

Not sure that is doing us any favors in this series.......

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 6th, 2015, 11:47 AM
YSU
SIU
SDSU
NDSU
UNI

Yote 53
November 6th, 2015, 11:56 AM

What if i told you that I plan to bring a Casey's Breakfast Pizza (Sausage & Bacon) to the tailgate tomorrow morning? Huh, huh. Advantage Coyotes. Am I right?

Yeah, I'm going:

Illinois State
NDSU
Indiana State
Youngstown State
USD

Sycamore62
November 6th, 2015, 12:12 PM
My plan to help ISUb beat UNI was to get a drone or one of those blimps and hang a Casey's breakfast pizza from it and fly it over the UNI team. They would be tored from reaching for it.

JayJ79
November 6th, 2015, 04:35 PM
My plan to help ISUb beat UNI was to get a drone or one of those blimps and hang a Casey's breakfast pizza from it and fly it over the UNI team. They would be tored from reaching for it.

luckily we have an anti-aircraft tshirt blaster to defend against that.
(okay, that thing totally sucks as a tshirt distribution device, but I think it'd be rather effective at taking down a drone/blimp, or at least knocking down the pizza)

Thumper 76
November 6th, 2015, 08:00 PM
(okay, that thing totally sucks as a tshirt distribution device, but I think it'd be rather effective at taking down a drone/blimp, or at least knocking down the pizza)

If there ever was a mascot Olympics, this would have to be an event.

Sycamore62
November 6th, 2015, 10:37 PM

*note to self: bring back-up pizzas*

when that pizza came down the sideline would look like the walking dead

Drblankstare
November 6th, 2015, 11:56 PM
I went to a Caseys in West Fargo this morning and all the pizza's were cut into squares. Is this a thing? I've only ever seen them in regular slice form. Did the guy cutting the pizzas just get done with his shift at Duanes. It really messed with the rest of my day.

Twentysix
November 7th, 2015, 01:31 AM
Oh man, Duanes thin crust pepperoni and pineapple. mmm

No_Skill
November 7th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Oh man, Duanes thin crust pepperoni and pineapple. mmm

I just threw up in my mouth. Pineapple on pizza is an abomination.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 7th, 2015, 08:19 AM

This here.

No way should pineapple ever be on a pizza.

26 is a Who fan....or should I say Fighting Hawk...xnodx

Redbird 13
November 7th, 2015, 08:45 AM
This here.

No way should pineapple ever be on a pizza.

26 is a Who fan....or should I say Fighting Hawk...xnodx

I do like me some pineapple on a burger. xdrunkyx

JayJ79
November 7th, 2015, 08:49 AM

sourkraut on pizza is an abomination.
pineapple on pizza is quite tasty when matched with the right other ingredients.

of course, I think people should be free to have whatever they want on pizza as long as they aren't forcing it on others.

semobison
November 7th, 2015, 09:21 AM
The new big fad, chicken on Pizza. I don't get it!

skinny_uncle
November 7th, 2015, 10:08 AM

The SIU offense in the Dakota Dome should really look like Arena Football.

Drblankstare
November 8th, 2015, 09:14 PM
That's enough football talk for now, let's get back to what's important. Caseys.

1. I'm still waiting for feedback about my question about the square slices I ran into. Is that a normal thing?

2. I was in South Dakota visiting family this weekend and the town I was in has a Caseys, I went there to gas up and noticed they were adding onto the building. As I was paying I asked the clerk about the addition. He told me that they needed more space because they are going to start making subs. That's right Caseys subs. Has anyone else seen Caseys offer subs?

TheKingpin28
November 8th, 2015, 09:30 PM
That's enough football talk for now, let's get back to what's important. Caseys.

1. I'm still waiting for feedback about my question about the square slices I ran into. Is that a normal thing?

2. I was in South Dakota visiting family this weekend and the town I was in has a Caseys, I went there to gas up and noticed they were adding onto the building. As I was paying I asked the clerk about the addition. He told me that they needed more space because they are going to start making subs. That's right Caseys subs. Has anyone else seen Caseys offer subs?

Yeah the Casey's on 45th near 40th ave S has a full service one. IIRC the one by the dome serves subs as well. But as we all know, it's all about the brekafast pizza with not too much baaacon.

Drblankstare
November 8th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Yeah the Casey's on 45th near 40th ave S has a full service one. IIRC the one by the dome serves subs as well. But as we all know, it's all about the brekafast pizza with not too much baaacon.

I been in both of those and never noticed, I'm assuming the pizza gave me tunnel vision.

No_Skill
November 8th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Square pizza slices is another abomination into the lord-uh!

Repent! The end is nigh!

goyotes
November 8th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Had a slice of Casey's breakfast pizza before I hit the road to Vermillion for the Yotes game against the Salukis and Yotes win. Coincidence?? Should I go with one or two slices before I hit the road next weekend for the game against the Bunnies?

Drblankstare
November 8th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Had a slice of Casey's breakfast pizza before I hit the road to Vermillion for the Yotes game against the Salukis and Yotes win. Coincidence?? Should I go with one or two slices before I hit the road next weekend for the game against the Bunnies?

Might want to rock a full bacon and sausage for that game.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 8th, 2015, 09:53 PM

I have seen subs at several of the Fargo Casey's. Square slices... I heard a guy chewing out he lady making pizza, the other day, for the small square slices. The manager came over and said she was new, and told her to start making round pizzas. Didn't see any square slices the rest of the week. This was the Casey's on 2nd ave south and 42nd.

clenz
November 8th, 2015, 10:00 PM

Most every Caseys around here does subs.

Square slices I can take or leave. Depends on the pizza toppings

Pineapple and chicken on pizza are both glorious when done right

People that call a pizza topping an abomination take their pizza far too seriously

Pizza is pizza. It's bread rolled into a massive circle. Put on it whatever you want. It's a giant open face sammy.

Want to use bbq sauce, a teriyaki sauce, or something else rather than a traditional sauce? So be it. In fact, a bbq sauce pizza with chicken, pineapple, and bacon is outstanding. Same thing for a teriyaki pizza.

Pizza is what you want it to be. If all you want is tomato based sauce with pepperoni or sausage with some vegetables than so be it. I find pepperoni to be disgusting, but I'm clearly in the extreme minority.

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2015, 10:06 PM

I've not seen square pieces.

CappinHard
November 8th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Casey's makes legit subs. I prefer the wraps. Much better than anything you can get at Subway, that place seems to get worse by the day.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2015, 10:08 PM
The only people who prefer square slices are communists and bisonoline xlolx

clenz
November 8th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Casey's makes legit subs. I prefer the wraps. Much better than anything you can get at Subway, that place seems to get worse by the day.

This is accurate

TheKingpin28
November 8th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Great, now I have to wait until tomorrow for Breakfast Pizza. Thanks guys for making me go to bed wanting it.

Bison56
November 8th, 2015, 10:29 PM
The only people who prefer square slices are communists and bisonoline xlolx

People who prefer square slices? Get the rope.

FargoBison
November 8th, 2015, 10:34 PM

Depends on the pizza, if it is Duane's get the rope if it isn't squares.

Milkman
November 8th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Pizza is like sex. When it's good it's GOOD! When it's bad, meh it's still pizza.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Milkman
November 8th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Also maddio's Thai Sriracha pizza is amazing. And they get away with putting carrots on the thing.

Panther-State
November 8th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Pizza is like sex. When it's good it's GOOD! When it's bad, meh it's still pizza.

This is the most accurate description I've heard for both things

Kemo
November 9th, 2015, 01:42 AM
Casey's Pizza makes Missouri State look good and Casey's breakfast pizza would finish dead last in the Patriot League!

Sorry, but someone had to say it... xcoolx

Twentysix
November 9th, 2015, 02:03 AM

Pineapple is great on pizza in at least three ways.

Thin crust pepperoni and pineapple.

Canadian Bacon, Pineapple and Jalapenos.

Chicken, pineapple, bacon, onion with a bbq sauce base.

You must suffer from ageusia, or possibly you are a complete chicken**** and have never tried what you bash. ;)

All iterations of Hawaiian pizza are Canada's only true cultural contribution to the world. Well, that and poutine.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2015, 02:09 AM
I do like me some pineapple on a burger. xdrunkyx

The same Canadian invented the Hawaiian burger. Pretty sure they just got really baked and put pineapple on everything.

CasualFan
November 9th, 2015, 07:39 AM
You guys have talked this to the point I'll try it when I see it, but the closest Casey's is 497 miles away in Charlestown, IN. I think I could get to Waverly, TN faster, although it is 502 miles. That's a long way to go for pizza.

Sycamore62
November 9th, 2015, 08:12 AM
You guys have talked this to the point I'll try it when I see it, but the closest Casey's is 497 miles away in Charlestown, IN. I think I could get to Waverly, TN faster, although it is 502 miles. That's a long way to go for pizza.

Maybe you can get a midwest team fan to bring you one during the playoffs if you are lucky. dont worry, they are just a good old as they are fresh

clenz
November 9th, 2015, 08:26 AM
square cut is great for a thin, crispy crust....with pineapple, bacon, chicken, and a bbq sauce...

Yote 53
November 9th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I've only had a Casey's made-to-order sub once, it was at the Casey's in Correctionville, IA. It was just okay. The bread roll was very thick so the bread-to-toppings ratio was a bit off and the bread itself was kind of dry. Would not try again, especially when there is a Jimmy John's right down the street in Vermillion. The Vermillion Casey's also makes subs though I have never ordered one.

The square pieces of Casey's pizza you are discussing is not just the normal pizza cut into squares. It is Casey's flatbread pizza, an entirely different addition to the Casey's culinary lineup.

clenz
November 9th, 2015, 09:26 AM
The square pieces of Casey's pizza you are discussing is not just the normal pizza cut into squares. It is Casey's flatbread pizza, an entirely different addition to the Casey's culinary lineup.
This is correct...and why square cut is acceptable.

Square cutting standard crusts is kind of strange. A thin, crispy, flat-bread/cracker like crust? That should only be eaten square cut.

Sycamore62
November 9th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I appreciate anywhere that has plastic 52oz fountain drinks however the standard 8-10 nozzle dispenser leaves a lot to be desired. we dont have the larger size store that has the larger selection of fountain drinks in town. I have to drive 20 miles south for that one.

Casey's doughnuts are pretty bad ass too.

clenz
November 9th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Casey's doughnuts are pretty bad ass too.
Casey's takes a back seat to Hy-Vee when it comes to donuts....though Casey's donuts are pretty awesome

Sycamore62
November 9th, 2015, 09:32 AM
I dont think ive ever been to a Casey's and made a good decision based on nutrition but every decision has been good based on deliciousness

UNIFanSince1983
November 9th, 2015, 09:34 AM
I have never been impressed with Casey's Donuts

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Yet another category that Fargo (and West Fargo) lead the MVFC in :D

http://prairiestylefile.com/wp-content/upLoads/2013/04/IMG_3915-1024x642.jpg

Sycamore62
November 9th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I have never been impressed with Casey's Donuts

you probably had the glass door close on your hand while trying to tong some into the strategically designed doughnut box.

Sycamore62
November 9th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Yet another category that Fargo (and West Fargo) lead the MVFC in :D

http://prairiestylefile.com/wp-content/upLoads/2013/04/IMG_3915-1024x642.jpg

http://www.squaredonuts.com/index.html would be my equivalent to 2 pick 6s in Terre Haute

CappinHard
November 9th, 2015, 10:05 AM
The bread roll was very thick so the bread-to-toppings ratio was a bit off and the bread itself was kind of dry.

Go for a wrap next time... you won't be disappointed.

No_Skill
November 9th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Pineapple is great on pizza in at least three ways.

Thin crust pepperoni and pineapple.

Canadian Bacon, Pineapple and Jalapenos.

Chicken, pineapple, bacon, onion with a bbq sauce base.

You must suffer from ageusia, or possibly you are a complete chicken**** and have never tried what you bash. ;)

All iterations of Hawaiian pizza are Canada's only true cultural contribution to the world. Well, that and poutine.

I tried pineapple on pizza once...once.

http://i.imgur.com/ft73Ulq.jpg

Drblankstare
November 9th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Oh ****, if this thread starts arguing about donuts it's going to turn into lord the flies in here.... And yes Sandys is the best:D

BisonBacker
November 9th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Oh ****, if this thread starts arguing about donuts it's going to turn into lord the flies in here.... And yes Sandys is the best:D

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1L5U00BgEKQ/hqdefault.jpg

eiu1999
November 9th, 2015, 10:41 AM
you probably had the glass door close on your hand while trying to tong some into the strategically designed doughnut box.

It's an art.

goyotes
November 9th, 2015, 10:41 AM

I agree, if that happens it might really get on a roll.

Thumper 76
November 9th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Caseys occasionally has a Sammy that's cooked with sausage cheese and pizza sauce that is the BOMB. I also endorse the wraps they sell pre cut into the little rolls. Great with some mayo.

Twentysix
November 10th, 2015, 03:05 AM
I actually prefer Randy's in Inglewood to Sandy's, but Sandy's is good for Fargo. I don't think I ever bought a donut at Casey's.

All this donut talk is making me consider driving like 20 blocks to Krispy Kreme for some originals.

Houndawg
November 10th, 2015, 06:56 AM
I actually prefer Randy's in Inglewood to Sandy's, but Sandy's is good for Fargo. I don't think I ever bought a donut at Casey's.

All this donut talk is making me consider driving like 20 blocks to Krispy Kreme for some originals.

A Krispy Creme is a cardboard mockup of a real donut that tastes like dog***** on rye straw.xrolleyesx

The real thing can be found at Gutzler's, made with the 1904 World's Fair recipe. xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2015, 07:09 AM
2 weeks left in the Valley season:

11/14:

WIU vs Ind State
NDSU vs YSU
SDSU vs USD
UNI vs MSU
Ill State vs SIU

Another big game for the Jacks and Bison.

Winners:

WIU
NDSU
SDSU
UNI
ISU

LeeshaJo
November 10th, 2015, 07:15 AM

11/14:

WIU vs Ind State
NDSU vs YSU
SDSU vs USD
UNI vs MSU
Ill State vs SIU

Another big game for the Jacks and Bison.

Winners:

WIU
NDSU
SDSU
UNI
ISU
How dare you sir. Football talk? In a football forum? The shame. ;):eek:

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2015, 07:33 AM
How dare you sir. Football talk? In a football forum? The shame. ;):eek:

I must have missed the memo about the food talk.....

Sycamore62
November 10th, 2015, 08:00 AM
I must have missed the memo about the food talk.....

throw in something about food and it is acceptable

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2015, 08:34 AM
I think that ISUr@SIU game might be interesting. SIU is much better than their record indicates. At this point in their careers Ianotti is a better dual threat QB than Christion who gashed ISUr for 372 total yards last week. I think SIU's defense is so incredibly bad it probably won't matter since they find new and innovative ways to lose almost every week but I could see a lot of points put up by both teams in this game.

EDIT: Oh... and I like cheeseburgers.

Sycamore62
November 10th, 2015, 08:41 AM
I think that ISUr@SIU game might be interesting. SIU is much better than their record indicates. At this point in their careers Ianotti is a better dual threat QB than Christion who gashed ISUr for 372 total yards last week. I think SIU's defense is so incredibly bad it probably won't matter since they find new and innovative ways to lose almost every week but I could see a lot of points put up by both teams in this game.

EDIT: Oh... and I like cheeseburgers.

Boom, that's a perfect post. Covers 2 of the 4 food groups (football and lunch)

ST_Lawson
November 10th, 2015, 08:42 AM

11/14:

WIU vs Ind State
NDSU vs YSU
SDSU vs USD
UNI vs MSU
Ill State vs SIU

I think...

WIU - this one's for all the marb.....no....um.....pride? Playoffs aren't an realistic possibility for either team, so whoever wins this will be one win away from a winning record...so, that's something...I suppose. Leathernecks by 3.
NDSU - Playing like the 4-time champs that they are...I think they'll come down a bit after last weeks utter beatdown, but I think that's still enough to beat the Penguins. Bison by 14.
SDSU - Can USD pull off another upset of the XDSU's...it'll be close, but not likely. Jackrabbits by 6.
UNI - 5Dimes says UNI by 34....34?!?!...I didn't think anyone got that kind of spread outside of Valpo. UNI should be able to literally pick their score. I think they'll let up at ~30 points though....and then somehow get another TD. Panthers by 37.
ISUr - SIU has a knack for losing close games and ISU is angry after losing their first FCS game of the season. I think the Salukis have just enough left in the tank to not quite beat ISU. Redbirds by 2.

Milkman
November 10th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I think...

WIU - this one's for all the marb.....no....um.....pride? Playoffs aren't an realistic possibility for either team, so whoever wins this will be one win away from a winning record...so, that's something...I suppose. Leathernecks by 3.
NDSU - Playing like the 4-time champs that they are...I think they'll come down a bit after last weeks utter beatdown, but I think that's still enough to beat the Penguins. Bison by 14.
SDSU - Can USD pull off another upset of the XDSU's...it'll be close, but not likely. Jackrabbits by 6.
UNI - 5Dimes says UNI by 34....34?!?!...I didn't think anyone got that kind of spread outside of Valpo. UNI should be able to literally pick their score. I think they'll let up at ~30 points though....and then somehow get another TD. Panthers by 37.
ISUr - SIU has a knack for losing close games and ISU is angry after losing their first FCS game of the season. I think the Salukis have just enough left in the tank to not quite beat ISU. Redbirds by 2.
My local doughnut shop is better than yours. FIFY

Milkman
November 10th, 2015, 09:28 AM
And in response to your comments ST_Lawson. BS! Sandy's is way better than anything you got. Even though I've never had a doughnut from wherever you're gonna mention!

DaBizon
November 10th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Sandy's is good but since moving to Az. I'll drive my happy ass to Krispy Kreme anyday, which just happens to be right down the street

ST_Lawson
November 10th, 2015, 10:28 AM
And in response to your comments ST_Lawson. BS! Sandy's is way better than anything you got. Even though I've never had a doughnut from wherever you're gonna mention!

Hah...You're wrong on that one...we don't have any doughnut shops.....er.....um....

https://i.imgur.com/cii7m2a.gif

birdsflyhigh
November 14th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Game day MVFC!!! Went a humble 3-2 last round and now 22-8 on my Valley pick 'ems. Here goes on battle round #7:

Necks > Trees.....despite their showing last week, just think WIU has the better team and ISU-B is now folding a bit.

Guins > Bison.....upset of the day in FCS. YSU is battling for their playoff lives and take this one by a point.

Jacks > Yotes.....honestly think that USD might pull the upset here, but still going with SDSU.

Cats > Bears......UNI picking up a bit a steam heading for the playoffs, and the MSU Bears are just playing out their awful season. UNI by 4 TDs.

Birds > Dawgs....Big rivalry game, so you never know. SIU has been soooo close this season, but taking the ISU Redbirds to pull this out by a field goal.

Heading down the stretch in the MVFC, and there's still 6 teams vying for the playoffs. Should be some great games today across the Valley, so I'll be catching all the action on ESPN 3....oh yeah!! :)

JayJ79
November 14th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Cats > Bears......UNI picking up a bit a steam heading for the playoffs, and the MSU Bears are just playing out their awful season. UNI by 4 TDs.

that's a close game by MSU standards this season

Sycamore62
November 14th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Isub 20 wiu 3 830 2nd qtr
wiu qb had appendix removed yesterday according to radio.
Connor Underwood not dressed for isub

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Ill State @ SIU
Probably the two best offense in the league meet up and after the first quarter no one has scored. Go figure.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2015, 09:11 PM
SDSU fans, was Christion hurt? I started listening after the NDSU game got over and Lujan was in by that point and 6-7 for 128 yards. If he was hurt how serious does it sound? If not, is it a QB controversy in Brookings again?

Bisonwinagn
November 14th, 2015, 09:21 PM
SDSU fans, was Christion hurt? I started listening after the NDSU game got over and Lujan was in by that point and 6-7 for 128 yards. If he was hurt how serious does it sound? If not, is it a QB controversy in Brookings again?

They've both been playing. There is no controversy and never has been.

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 09:28 PM
They've both been playing. There is no controversy and never has been.
Right.

There was never a controversy in Cedar Falls with Grace and Davis, or Rennie and Davis, or Kolllmorgen and Carnes, or Kollmorgen and Bailey.

That 2 QB system will bite SDSU in the ass pretty hard when it happens.

RowdyRabbit
November 14th, 2015, 09:46 PM

He was not hurt, just wasn't playing well, nor did I think he played terrible. He made one bad throw and threw a pick and the next series Lujan took over.

I'd say there is pretty much full blown controversy. I have a feeling Most fans think Christion is the guy. I'd say coming into today, the coaches (Eidsness) decided Christion was the guy as well. Now that Lujan came in with 15 to go and led the team like he did, I have no clue what's going to happen next week. Perhaps Lujan earned the nod again...

I'm undecided. There's no doubt Christion brings athletisicm and his decision making has been pretty good, but Lujan has done nothing to hurt his case to be the starter either.

Lujan obviously provided the spark today. Christion has provided the spark in past games. I'm not gonna let any of the three scenarios bother me as I have no personal stake in any of it.

mmiller_34
November 14th, 2015, 09:51 PM
He was not hurt, just wasn't playing well, nor did I think he played terrible. He made one bad throw and threw a pick and the next series Lujan took over.

I'd say there is pretty much full blown controversy. I have a feeling Most fans think Christion is the guy. I'd say coming into today, the coaches (Eidsness) decided Christion was the guy as well. Now that Lujan came in with 15 to go and led the team like he did, I have no clue what's going to happen next week. Perhaps Lujan earned the nod again...

I'm undecided. There's no doubt Christion brings athletisicm and his decision making has been pretty good, but Lujan has done nothing to hurt his case to be the starter either.

Lujan obviously provided the spark today. Christion has provided the spark in past games. I'm not gonna let any of the three scenarios bother me as I have no personal stake in any of it.

This is a good summary of what is happening in Brookings. I have no idea what to think anymore. It seems like when one QB is "off" the other is "on".

Bisonwinagn
November 14th, 2015, 09:52 PM
I would start Lujan to see if he can get the passing game going. If they struggle then bring in the running QB for a change of pace if needed.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2015, 10:01 PM

Very curious decision. I'm sure when they were down 20-17 (which is when I'm assuming the change occurred) the coaches we're focused on winning this game and this game only but that puts a big distraction out there going forward since it seems like they had finally settled on Christion going forward coming into this game after he led them to the win over ISUr.

BisonTru
November 14th, 2015, 10:08 PM
I would start Lujan to see if he can get the passing game going. If they struggle then bring in the running QB for a change of pace if needed.

I would do the exact opposite. Start with TC and see if you can't get the run game going with read option stuff. If it's not working throw Lujan in there and see if you can open up the pass game. If you can be successful on the ground I'd much rather role with that, really wears on defenses and less likely to have turnovers or zero yard plays (dropped passes.)

mango43
November 14th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Very curious decision. I'm sure when they were down 20-17 (which is when I'm assuming the change occurred) the coaches we're focused on winning this game and this game only but that puts a big distraction out there going forward since it seems like they had finally settled on Christion going forward coming into this game after he led them to the win over ISUr.

Christion threw a pick when USD was leading 17-10, which led to a USD FG. Lujan came in the next SDSU possession and sparked them to two TDs.

RowdyRabbit
November 14th, 2015, 10:14 PM

Lujan came in with 30 seconds or so left in the 3rd quarter and State down 17-10. 2 possesions later, State was up 30-20 with 7 to go in the game.

mango43
November 14th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Lujan came in with 30 seconds or so left in the 3rd quarter and State down 17-10. 2 possesions later, State was up 30-20 with 7 to go in the game.

It was 20-10 when Lujan came in.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Fair enough. I can't say it was the wrong decision given the results but I can't imagine this being anything close to an ideal situation going into the playoffs.

RowdyRabbit
November 14th, 2015, 10:31 PM
It was 20-10 when Lujan came in.

Correct. My bad.

RowdyRabbit
November 14th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Fair enough. I can't say it was the wrong decision given the results but I can't imagine this being anything close to an ideal situation going into the playoffs.

It's a lose lose for the coaches. Unless we keep winning. :)

JayJ79
November 15th, 2015, 01:34 AM
Right.

There was never a controversy in Cedar Falls with Grace and Davis, or Rennie and Davis, or Kolllmorgen and Carnes, or Kollmorgen and Bailey.

That 2 QB system will bite SDSU in the ass pretty hard when it happens.

I think a 2 QB system could work (not ideal, but workable) with the right coaching staff, if both QBs have the right mindset/attitude.
But that's a big "if" and I have no clue what the situation is with SDSU. It is, however, quite evident that UNI does not have the proper coaching staff, nor QBs with the proper mindset/attitude to make such a system work.

clenz
November 15th, 2015, 07:06 AM
I think a 2 QB system could work (not ideal, but workable) with the right coaching staff, if both QBs have the right mindset/attitude.
But that's a big "if" and I have no clue what the situation is with SDSU. It is, however, quite evident that UNI does not have the proper coaching staff, nor QBs with the proper mindset/attitude to make such a system work.

Outside of Florida in 06 with Leak and Tebow when was the last time a 2 QB system won anything?

Even that wasn't a 2 QB system. That was Tebow taking wildcat snaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clenz
November 16th, 2015, 01:15 PM
I thought I was the only one that called for Verduzco to be fired...apparently not.

Less than 1 full season into his time at MSU, and they want him gone

http://missouristate.247sports.com/Board/59469/Contents/Fire-Verduzco-41083510

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2015, 03:15 PM
I thought I was the only one that called for Verduzco to be fired...apparently not.

Less than 1 full season into his time at MSU, and they want him gone

http://missouristate.247sports.com/Board/59469/Contents/Fire-Verduzco-41083510

I knew he was alright at best, great for NDSU, but I didn't think he was THAT bad. Then again, never giving Kollmorgen and Johnson a chance to dethrone NDSU was what made me like him. If missery state does not want him, maybe Lennon will take him? I'd love to see Lennon continually implode.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Last weekend of the season: 11/21

South Dakota @ Illinois State
Youngstown State @ Indiana State
South Dakota State @ Western Illinois
Missouri State @ North Dakota State
Southern Illinois @ Northern Iowa

Ill State
YSU
SDSU
NDSU
UNI

ST_Lawson
November 19th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Last weekend of the season: 11/21

South Dakota @ Illinois State
Youngstown State @ Indiana State
South Dakota State @ Western Illinois
Missouri State @ North Dakota State
Southern Illinois @ Northern Iowa

Redbirds
Penguins
Bison
Panthers

And with a 30 mph wind wreaking havoc on the passing game, the Leathernecks are able to grind out a victory over the Jackrabbits.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Redbirds
Penguins
Bison
Panthers

And with a 30 mph wind wreaking havoc on the passing game, the Leathernecks are able to grind out a victory over the Jackrabbits.

You could be right. The Jacks D is pretty good but Nico Watson (sp?) was a big dude when I saw him in the FD. He didn't get many carries against the Bison but I would assume he gets a ton of them on Saturday.

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2015, 07:32 PM
You could be right. The Jacks D is pretty good but Nico Watson (sp?) was a big dude when I saw him in the FD. He didn't many carries against the Bison but I would assume he gets a ton of them on Saturday.

Is Watson healthy? I think WIU had to get away from running the ball period in that game because of the scoring by NDSU, but I had heard they may have given him a bit too much work though out the season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Is Watson healthy? I think WIU had to get away from running the ball period in that game because of the scoring by NDSU, but I had heard they may have given him a bit too much work though out the season.

Could be. I just remember saying...."that dude is huge for a RB"......Bison curbed stomped him on his 4 or 5 carries....4 carries for 5 yards....just checked!

ST_Lawson
November 19th, 2015, 07:43 PM
You could be right. The Jacks D is pretty good but the Nico Watson (sp?) was a big dude when I saw him in the FD. He didn't many carries against the Bison but I would assume he gets a ton of them on Saturday.

Nikko, but yea. Plus we're kinda in the same situation as you guys....lost our starting QB for the season (who is more of a passing QB than a running one...not that Norvell is anywhere as good as Wentz), but the young freshman who took over looks like he has the talent to be an even better and more balanced QB. He can still throw (hit Borsellino for the longest completion of the season last weekend), but is much better at running than Norvell, and seems to be more willing to check out all his receivers, rather than always going for the long bomb to Lenoir.

An improved running game, more short passes to a larger number of recievers, plus a strong wind, and I think we've got a shot. Still going to be an uphill battle...bunnies are good...but I'm liking our odds.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Nikko, but yea. Plus we're kinda in the same situation as you guys....lost our starting QB for the season (who is more of a passing QB than a running one...not that Norvell is anywhere as good as Wentz), but the young freshman who took over looks like he has the talent to be an even better and more balanced QB. He can still throw (hit Borsellino for the longest completion of the season last weekend), but is much better at running than Norvell, and seems to be more willing to check out all his receivers, rather than always going for the long bomb to Lenoir.

An improved running game, more short passes to a larger number of recievers, plus a strong wind, and I think we've got a shot. Still going to be an uphill battle...bunnies are good...but I'm liking our odds.

WIU reminds me of the Bison and Jacks. Same mold. Play good defense and run the ball to set up the pass. Plus, IMO, your coach has this team trending up. Very good hire from MN-Duluth.

ST_Lawson
November 19th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Could be. I just remember saying...."that dude is huge for a RB"......Bison curbed stomped him on his 4 or 5 carries....4 carries for 5 yards....just checked!

Watson is fine, we just didn't have much else in the running game at that point. Also, when the score starts getting out of hand pretty fast, you have to rely more on the big plays that will get you points faster...usually that'd be quick shots downfield to Lenoir, but the NDSU DBs were able to keep him out of the equation for the most part. Watson is usually pretty reliable for 4-5 yards, but he's not fast and won't slip out of tackles like some RBs will. He can usually drag defenders along for a ride, but wasn't able to do that against NDSU. So, with our usually reliable RB not getting any yards and our QB that doesn't run locked into almost exclusively going for one WR that most of the DBs are keying in on...it was a recipe for disaster.

If Watson's short game is working, we go to him a lot and you see us able to move the ball much better. He only had 4 attempts against the Bison, but had 30 attempts (for 155 yards and 3 TDs) against Indiana State.

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Redbirds
Penguins
Bison
Panthers

This is a game I think you would see a LOT more of TC than Lujan. Bigger arm, better running threat.

CappinHard
November 19th, 2015, 10:49 PM

You saw what we did to Coprich and Roberson, right? I don't think you'll get much going at all. The defense is playing at a very high level right now, and with a seed on the line, I don't see them letting up. My prediction: Jacks 34—Necks 10

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Watson is fine, we just didn't have much else in the running game at that point. Also, when the score starts getting out of hand pretty fast, you have to rely more on the big plays that will get you points faster...usually that'd be quick shots downfield to Lenoir, but the NDSU DBs were able to keep him out of the equation for the most part. Watson is usually pretty reliable for 4-5 yards, but he's not fast and won't slip out of tackles like some RBs will. He can usually drag defenders along for a ride, but wasn't able to do that against NDSU. So, with our usually reliable RB not getting any yards and our QB that doesn't run locked into almost exclusively going for one WR that most of the DBs are keying in on...it was a recipe for disaster.

If Watson's short game is working, we go to him a lot and you see us able to move the ball much better. He only had 4 attempts against the Bison, but had 30 attempts (for 155 yards and 3 TDs) against Indiana State.

That long pass for a TD was after I thought we had been either flirting with being able to get away not respecting the long ball or just suck at not covering it. That and our next drive (flukey INT kind of) ended our game. Watson ran over us but we are missing our best defensive lineman/olb/player. I'm not sure if your coaches told us specifically what plays they were going to run in OT but if not, I think they could have. Our D was absolutely out of gas. We deserved to lose for lettingWIU back in the game.

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2015, 11:17 PM
You saw what we did to Coprich and Roberson, right? I don't think you'll get much going at all. The defense is playing at a very high level right now, and with a seed on the line, I don't see them letting up. My prediction: Jacks 34—Necks 10

Damn Cappin, that reads like a bison fan when somebody suggest there's a chance the bison might lose. xlolx xlolx xlolx

ST_Lawson
November 19th, 2015, 11:57 PM

Oh, I know it won't be easy. SDSU is favored (by about 6-7 points, from what I've seen most places). I'm just saying that we do have a few things working in our favor. Maybe that only tips things from a 20% chance of us winning to 25%...who knows. Yea, you guys were able to stop Illinois State, who beat us. We beat UNI, who beat you guys. And we both beat South Dakota, who beat NDSU.

Once they're out on that field...anything can happen.

Kemo
November 20th, 2015, 12:44 AM

Jacks run D has had their moments of shakiness throughout the year, just usually they have their moments were they stepped up too, which has limited the damage.

Last week we saw some pretty poor tackling against USD's freshman running back, and that is really what made the game closer than it should have been. WIU definitely has a chance if we have a repeat performance.

Thumper 76
November 20th, 2015, 12:57 AM
I'm very worried about the game with WIU. Easy trap game. Coming off a close game vs a rival that was preceded with a big win vs a highly ranked opponent, I'm afraid of the team looking ahead to the playoffs a week early.

Sycamore62
November 20th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Oh, I know it won't be easy. SDSU is favored (by about 6-7 points, from what I've seen most places). I'm just saying that we do have a few things working in our favor. Maybe that only tips things from a 20% chance of us winning to 25%...who knows. Yea, you guys were able to stop Illinois State, who beat us. We beat UNI, who beat you guys. And we both beat South Dakota, who beat NDSU.

Once they're out on that field...anything can happen.

I like how you used more transitive property to counter his transitive property argument. Well played.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2015, 07:17 AM
WIU may not have a great defense but they are opportunistic. They were +6 in TO margin going into the NDSU game I think so they should still be comfortably in plus territory. Both Lujan and Christion are prone to turnovers so it could get interesting.

Sycamore62
November 20th, 2015, 08:36 AM
The MVFC "Where box scores should never surprise you"

Jacks02
November 20th, 2015, 08:47 AM
WIU may not have a great defense but they are opportunistic. They were +6 in TO margin going into the NDSU game I think so they should still be comfortably in plus territory. Both Lujan and Christion are prone to turnovers so it could get interesting.

They each have 3 TO's this year, in what world is that considered turnover prone?

Redbird 13
November 20th, 2015, 08:51 AM

Sure did. And then proceeded to allow 171 yards of rushing to South Dakota. Getting up for the Redbirds is a lot easier than getting up for a 5-5 team in miserable conditions on the road.

Western is better than South Dakota.

jacksfan29
November 20th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Damn Cappin, that reads like a bison fan when somebody suggest there's a chance the bison might lose. xlolx xlolx xlolx

I was thinking more along to the line of ISUr fans. Holy crap, I still remember that thread!

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2015, 08:58 AM
They each have 3 TO's this year, in what world is that considered turnover prone?
Lujan has improved this year, that's probably not fair of me to say since last year is when he had more problems with turnovers. Christion was pulled because of an INT in the USD game correct? And he's a freshman. One thing I didn't notice until I looked up the stats just now is that SDSU has yet to lose a fumble this year despite fumbling the ball 12 times so far... that's incredible.

EDIT: It also looks like WIU has regressed to +3 in turnover margin while SDSU is +8. Looks like it's trending the opposite direction of what I originally thought.

REALBird
November 20th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Predicting a WIU upset of SDSU this weekend. Not to take anything away from SDSU, they were the better team when they won in Brookings with that Vietnam jungle grass that hadn't been mowed since opening day. The lack of instant replay, and a terrible DPI call. OK......sounds like I'm taking something away from SDSU. xnodx

Weather and footing permitted, WIU will blitz and blitz often regardless of who plays QB. The key will be tackling and who wins the turnover battle.

WIU 21
SDSU 13 (missed PAT)

jacksfan29
November 20th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Sure did. And then proceeded to allow 171 yards of rushing to South Dakota. Getting up for the Redbirds is a lot easier than getting up for a 5-5 team in miserable conditions on the road.

Western is better than South Dakota.

Not so sure about that, especially in that dome. You also have to take into account the rivalry. USD have struggled since moving up, there is nothing they love more than beating SDSU. No matter the sport it is THE game on their schedule. I'm comfortable being able to stop WIU, but not overly confident. Any game, on the road in the MVFC is difficult. If we aren't up for this game we can and will get beat. I'm hoping for a YSU type performance.

By the way, which ISUr fan was it who told us that we wouldn't see the same type of athletes in the Summit as we would in the MVC? Anyone see the SDSU v ISUr basketball score last night xrolleyesx?

jacksfan29
November 20th, 2015, 09:05 AM
So the ISUr fans are still making excuses? Shocker. FYI, we are currently undefeated on the road, have lost 2 at home. I guess that "jungle" grass wasn't really playing in our favor. FYI, shall we bring up the fumble that wasn't but was? What an odd fan base.

Predicting a WIU upset of SDSU this weekend. Not to take anything away from SDSU, they were the better team when they won in Brookings with that Vietnam jungle grass that hadn't been mowed since opening day. The lack of instant replay, and a terrible DPI call. OK......sounds like I'm taking something away from SDSU. xnodx

Weather and footing permitted, WIU will blitz and blitz often regardless of who plays QB. The key will be tackling and who wins the turnover battle.

WIU 21
SDSU 13 (missed PAT)

OSBF
November 20th, 2015, 09:11 AM
By the way, which ISUr fan was it who told us that we wouldn't see the same type of athletes in the Summit as we would in the MVC? Anyone see the SDSU v ISUr basketball score last night xrolleyesx?

That was me. I'll take my crow with salt, pepper, and a touch of Tabasco please.

Mueller has placed such emphasis on athleticism, length, etc.

But they have to be able to shoot. Team shot horribly most of last year, this year looks to be more of the same.

Was interesting reading the twitter of the ISU beat writer covering the game. He was made mention of discipline, assignment basketball, stuff like that.

Still say if SDSU was in the MVC and had to play the full schedule they might be mid pack?????? The MVC is a meatgrinder.

Missingnumber7
November 20th, 2015, 09:14 AM
The lack of instant replay

It was disturbing to find out that the home team could decide not to have instant replay. And it happened several times this year. IR is a good thing, and especially with the Targeting rules and the guidelines that they want the officials to use. IR may not be perfect and may not have the 100% correct angles, but it needs to be used for every game. MVFC also needs to go to 8 officials, but that's another tangent.

leatherneck177
November 20th, 2015, 09:15 AM
I'll throw this out there, with NO disrespect to SDSU. Great team having a great season. It will be a tall order for WIU to beat them tomorrow afternoon. With that being said, IF Western wins and finishes at 6-5 with a 5-3 record in conference, good for third place tie with UNI and SDSU, with Western owning the tiebreaker over each....do they make the playoffs? I know a lot of other things have to happen, but how do you not reward a team that finishes a solid third in the best conference in FCS with wins over three potential playoff teams in SDSU, UNI and EIU? Not to mention a top two or three SOS?

I feel like other teams from other conferences on the bubble just don't want to discuss this because their 7-4 records should automatically carry the day, despite the fact that they might also only have 6 DI wins.

By the way, I see this game being similar to 2010 when Western needed to win to get in against UNI in Macomb. Somehow they won 30-10 or 30-7 something like that. I can't remember exactly. I thought they had no business winning that game going in. UNI QB got hurt early on in that one too.

So my pick is:

Necks 23
SDSU 21

Missingnumber7
November 20th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Still say if SDSU was in the MVC and had to play the full schedule they might be mid pack?????? The MVC is a meatgrinder.

I'm not saying they wouldn't be mid pack and I'm not saying that the MVC isn't a meat grinder, but to make that determination blankly is the same as the Sun Belch fans that say that about Valley schools competing with them for football. You would get some better recruits that you wouldn't in the summit, I think you would be surprised by how quickly they could compete.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 09:24 AM
By the way, I see this game being similar to 2010 when Western needed to win to get in against UNI in Macomb. Somehow they won 30-10 or 30-7 something like that. I can't remember exactly. I thought they had no business winning that game going in. UNI QB got hurt early on in that one too.

30-14: http://espn.go.com/college-football/recap?gameId=303242710

It got us to 7-4 overall (5-3 in the conference) which was just enough to get us into the playoffs. It dropped UNI to 7-4 also (6-2 in the conference). Western was playing for a playoff spot, UNI was playing for a good position in the playoffs, but had already essentially locked up at least being in the playoffs. Tirrell Rennie played until a bit into the second quarter and Zach Davis took over for the rest of the game.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 09:29 AM
I'm not saying they wouldn't be mid pack and I'm not saying that the MVC isn't a meat grinder, but to make that determination blankly is the same as the Sun Belch fans that say that about Valley schools competing with them for football. You would get some better recruits that you wouldn't in the summit, I think you would be surprised by how quickly they could compete.

Interesting sidenote, if my numbers are correct, Summit League teams play 6 games against MVC teams this season. 3 games played so far and the Summit League teams are 3-0.
IUPUI beat Indiana State
Oral Roberts beat Missouri State
South Dakota State beat Illinois State

Still to come are:
IUPUI @ Missouri State
Oral Roberts @ Missouri State (home-and-home, first game was @ Oral Bob)
WIU @ Loyola (Chicago)

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2015, 09:34 AM
I'll throw this out there, with NO disrespect to SDSU. Great team having a great season. It will be a tall order for WIU to beat them tomorrow afternoon. With that being said, IF Western wins and finishes at 6-5 with a 5-3 record in conference, good for third place tie with UNI and SDSU, with Western owning the tiebreaker over each....do they make the playoffs? I know a lot of other things have to happen, but how do you not reward a team that finishes a solid third in the best conference in FCS with wins over three potential playoff teams in SDSU, UNI and EIU? Not to mention a top two or three SOS?

I feel like other teams from other conferences on the bubble just don't want to discuss this because their 7-4 records should automatically carry the day, despite the fact that they might also only have 6 DI wins.

So my pick is:

Necks 23
SDSU 21
I think it's possible, they'd have one of the strongest 6-5 resumes out there. I outlined it here (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?176414-MVFC-Playoff-Outlook&p=2286396&viewfull=1#post2286396) what they'd need to have happen but essentially I think 6 of the following 9 games have to go their way to have a shot:

1) SIU wins at UNI - UNI would also be 6-5 and WIU has an argument over them with head-to-head win
2) JMU wins vs Nova - Nova would be 6-5
3) SUU wins vs NAU - NAU would be 7-4 with a D2 win
4) UCA wins vs SHSU - SHSU would be 7-4 with a D2 win
5) Montana St wins vs Montana - Montana would be 6-5
6) PSU wins at EWU - EWU would be 6-5
7) Cal Poly wins vs UND - UND would be 6-5
8) Maine wins at UNH - UNH would be 6-5
9) EIU wins vs EKU - EIU would be 7-4 (but with head-to-head loss to WIU) and EKU would be 6-5

And these wouldn't hurt but I don't think it would really matter
1) URI wins at Towson - Towson would be 6-5
2) Florida A&M wins at Bethune-Cookman - BCU would be 8-3

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 09:40 AM
I think it's possible, they'd have one of the strongest 6-5 resumes out there. I outlined it here (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?176414-MVFC-Playoff-Outlook&p=2286396&viewfull=1#post2286396) what they'd need to have happen but essentially I think 6 of the following 9 games have to go their way to have a shot:

1) SIU wins at UNI - UNI would also be 6-5 and WIU has an argument over them with head-to-head win
2) JMU wins vs Nova - Nova would be 6-5
3) SUU wins vs NAU - NAU would be 7-4 with a D2 win
4) UCA wins vs SHSU - SHSU would be 7-4 with a D2 win
5) Montana St wins vs Montana - Montana would be 6-5
6) PSU wins at EWU - EWU would be 6-5
7) Cal Poly wins vs UND - UND would be 6-5
8) Maine wins at UNH - UNH would be 6-5
9) EIU wins vs EKU - EIU would be 7-4 (but with head-to-head loss to WIU) and EKU would be 6-5

And these wouldn't hurt but I don't think it would really matter
1) URI wins at Towson - Towson would be 6-5
2) Florida A&M wins at Bethune-Cookman - BCU would be 8-3

Thanks for the list. I knew we'd be having to root for a lot of bubble teams to lose, but it helps seeing the actual breakdown of all of them.

jacksfan29
November 20th, 2015, 10:19 AM
It was disturbing to find out that the home team could decide not to have instant replay. And it happened several times this year. IR is a good thing, and especially with the Targeting rules and the guidelines that they want the officials to use. IR may not be perfect and may not have the 100% correct angles, but it needs to be used for every game. MVFC also needs to go to 8 officials, but that's another tangent.

How many times do we have to do this? SDSU didn't have instant replay this year due to construction. We don't rent, we buy. Had we gone ahead and put it in this season it would have needed to be torn out delaying end of season construction and adding unnecessarily to the costs. It is part of the new stadium that will be open next year.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2015, 10:21 AM
How many times do we have to do this? SDSU didn't have instant replay this year due to construction. We don't rent, we buy. Had we gone ahead and put it in this season it would have needed to be torn out delaying end of season construction and adding unnecessarily to the costs. It is part of the new stadium that will be open next year.
You sure he was talking about SDSU?

I would assume he's talking about SIU who had the capability to do replay but chose not to. My guess is this is done for competitive reasons so as not to disrupt their up-tempo no-huddle offense which why it's complete garbage that they allow the home team to decide whether they want replay or not.

jacksfan29
November 20th, 2015, 10:23 AM
If, if you beat us tomorrow WIU will be 6-5. I doubt you make it into the playoffs. I consider Izzo in Fargo to be pretty good at what he does. He has stated, numerous times that NO 6-5 team will be in the playoffs this year. Too many 7-4 records out there. Sucks, but it is what it is.

So my pick is:

Necks 23
SDSU 21

- - - Updated - - -

You sure he was talking about SDSU?

Yep, came up in the list of excuses he gave for ISUr losing in Brookings.

Missingnumber7
November 20th, 2015, 12:10 PM

Wasn't just SDSU that didn't have replay, wasn't replay available at SIU as well, and I believe there was another ISUR game that I watched where the announcers stated that there was no replay.

I understand completely why SDSU didn't have it available this year.

BisonTru
November 20th, 2015, 12:11 PM
If, if you beat us tomorrow WIU will be 6-5. I doubt you make it into the playoffs. I consider Izzo in Fargo to be pretty good at what he does. He has stated, numerous times that NO 6-5 team will be in the playoffs this year. Too many 7-4 records out there. Sucks, but it is what it is.

People always get hung up on stuff like 7 D1 wins, or FBS wins and Dom is the king at getting one thing stuck in his head. IMO, FargoBison, MTfan4life, and Nobowls are by far the best brackets to follow. Dom is better than stats and some of the others.

Now on to the 7 D1 wins, that was the old threshold it is now 6 wins. The committee has put in a 6 D1 win team and they have also put in a 5 loss team. 6-5 has never happened, but isn't off the table. WIU is in the discussion if they win, and in my opinion with wins against 3 potential playoff teams (UNI, SDSU, EIU) they would have a hard time leaving them off. I'm not calling them a lock, but very tempting. Also, see USD if they pull off the upset with wins against NDSU and ISUr.

Missingnumber7
November 20th, 2015, 12:54 PM
People always get hung up on stuff like 7 D1 wins, or FBS wins and Dom is the king at getting one thing stuck in his head. IMO, FargoBison, MTfan4life, and Nobowls are by far the best brackets to follow. Dom is better than stats and some of the others.

Now on to the 7 D1 wins, that was the old threshold it is now 6 wins. The committee has put in a 6 D1 win team and they have also put in a 5 loss team. 6-5 has never happened, but isn't off the table. WIU is in the discussion if they win, and in my opinion with wins against 3 potential playoff teams (UNI, SDSU, EIU) they would have a hard time leaving them off. I'm not calling them a lock, but very tempting. Also, see USD if they pull off the upset with wins against NDSU and ISUr.
7 is the threshold in a 12 game season, 6 is in a 11 game season.

goyotes
November 20th, 2015, 12:58 PM
USD and SDSU football teams and staff are both currently stranded at the Sioux Falls airport due to snow in Sioux Falls.

BisonTru
November 20th, 2015, 01:00 PM
7 is the threshold in a 12 game season, 6 is in a 11 game season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but SHSU got in with 6 D1 wins in '13 in a twelve game season. I believe two of their games were transitional teams so they are sub D1, but you could argue those wins count more than DII and below.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but SHSU got in with 6 D1 wins in '13 in a twelve game season. I believe two of their games were transitional teams so they are sub D1, but you could argue those wins count more than DII and below.

Yea, looks like they finished 8-4 overall, but wins over Houston Baptist and Incarnate Word, which, as you said, were transitional at the time. Depends on how the committee looks at transitional, whether they're equivalent to DII, better than DII but not quite full DI, or what. It's something better than 6 actual D1 wins (like...a 6-6 record), but not quite as impressive as the numbers of a 8-4 record would indicate. Essentially a 6-4 record...so .600 on the season, which in a standard 12-game season, would equate to just over 7 wins. It's some weird math, but I don't know how it's treated according to NCAA rules.

REALBird
November 20th, 2015, 01:21 PM
So the ISUr fans are still making excuses? Shocker. FYI, we are currently undefeated on the road, have lost 2 at home. I guess that "jungle" grass wasn't really playing in our favor. FYI, shall we bring up the fumble that wasn't but was? What an odd fan base.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21853&stc=1

Missingnumber7
November 20th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Wasn't that the first year with the 24 team field as well? I am not sure how they made it in, there were others with more true D1 wins, but then again they were coming off back to back runner up finishes.

Missingnumber7
November 20th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Yea, looks like they finished 8-4 overall, but wins over Houston Baptist and Incarnate Word, which, as you said, were transitional at the time. Depends on how the committee looks at transitional, whether they're equivalent to DII, better than DII but not quite full DI, or what. It's something better than 6 actual D1 wins (like...a 6-6 record), but not quite as impressive as the numbers of a 8-4 record would indicate. Essentially a 6-4 record...so .600 on the season, which in a standard 12-game season, would equate to just over 7 wins. It's some weird math, but I don't know how it's treated according to NCAA rules.
It never actually states that if you don't have X # of D1 wins you cannot participate in the playoffs...it states if you do not have at least 6 D1 wins you place yourself at risk for not making the playoffs.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2015, 01:42 PM
USD and SDSU football teams and staff are both currently stranded at the Sioux Falls airport due to snow in Sioux Falls.

Way to plan ahead. xlolx

Jacks02
November 20th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Way to plan ahead. xlolx

Even up until yesterday evening the forecast was for just 1-3" of snow in Sioux Falls.

Parts of town now have over a foot.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 01:44 PM
It never actually states that if you don't have X # of D1 wins you cannot participate in the playoffs...it states if you do not have at least 6 D1 wins you place yourself at risk for not making the playoffs.

Right, which gives them leeway in instances of wins over transitional teams or whatever. So really, it's just up to the committee and whatever they feel are appropriate qualifiers. If that's 6-5 with wins over 3 other playoff teams....maybe...idk. I'm not holding my breath, even if we do win. There's A LOT that would have to go our way for it to happen, and honestly, I don't feel like we're a playoff-worthy team at this point. I would like to see us end with a winning record for the first time since 2010 though...that at least would be nice end to the season.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Even up until yesterday evening the forecast was for just 1-3" of snow in Sioux Falls.

Parts of town now have over a foot.

Sounds like a forfeit to me. There goes your seed. :D

birdsflyhigh
November 20th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Tomorrow is the last day of the 2015 MVFC regular season, and there's definitely been some surprises this year. Went 4-1 on the ole Valley pick 'ems last week, so it's a 26-9 mark through the 7 weeks. Would be great to go 5-0 on week #8...here goes:

NDSU > MSU Bears....How ugly will this be?

ISU > USD Coyotes....Think the Birds are still in the running for a 2 or 3 playoff seed.

UNI > SIU Salukis......Panthers enter the playoffs with a nice string of Ws.

YSU > ISU Sycs.........Guins end the season on an upnote, but the Trees give them all they can handle.

WIU > SDSU Jacks.....Upset special as the Jacks are riding high, but think the Necks are more than ready to take them down a peg.

Looking forward to all the MVFC football on espn3 tomorrow and also anxious for selection Sunday. :)

BisonTru
November 20th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Wasn't that the first year with the 24 team field as well? I am not sure how they made it in, there were others with more true D1 wins, but then again they were coming off back to back runner up finishes.

This is where I disagree with most on here, that 7 D1 wins automatically trumps 6 D1 wins. My opinion based off of watching selections the past 5 years and understanding the process is that 6 D1 wins gets you in the conversation, with an "out" that the committee can go below that if they run out of teams that meet that criteria outside of a few SWAC/MEAC/PIONEER teams. After that they will vet all teams in the conversation and use whatever reasons they find appropriate to place teams in or out of both the field and the seeds. They've left teams out with a higher # of wins, teams that are on losing streaks, ect. If WIU and/or USD pull the upset they would both have 2 possibly 3 in WIU case victories over playoff teams. Some of the bubble teams are going to have no where near anything as impressive. We will see, neither is a lock, but I strongly believe they will be discussed.

leatherneck177
November 20th, 2015, 02:10 PM
This is where I disagree with most on here, that 7 D1 wins automatically trumps 6 D1 wins. My opinion based off of watching selections the past 5 years and understanding the process is that 6 D1 wins gets you in the conversation, with an "out" that the committee can go below that if they run out of teams that meet that criteria outside of a few SWAC/MEAC/PIONEER teams. After that they will vet all teams in the conversation and use whatever reasons they find appropriate to place teams in or out of both the field and the seeds. They've left teams out with a higher # of wins, teams that are on losing streaks, ect. If WIU and/or USD pull the upset they would both have 2 possibly 3 in WIU case victories over playoff teams. Some of the bubble teams are going to have no where near anything as impressive. We will see, neither is a lock, but I strongly believe they will be discussed.

Completely agree, I think that is what some folks are missing on here. Playoff spots out of the MVFC could get REAL interesting should WIU wiu, a UNI loss and a USD win. I don't see why a 6-5 UNI shouldn't be considered either. Personally I think they beat SIU, I'm just saying. How do you not take four teams out of the MVFC or more? Can you really take a 7-4 FCS team just because? I think if there ever was a year to consider a six win team, whether that be WIU or UNI or USD, this is it...based on strength of MVFC and SOS.

clenz
November 20th, 2015, 02:23 PM
I'm skipping most of this. I saw basketball mentioned

ISUr basketball is smoke and mirrors they lost 3 or 4 starters from last years team, which was meh at best, outside of playing out of their mind against WSU in the conference semis and the first half of the title game against UNI leading by 18 at one point. They then came back to earth and UNI took a 17 point lead or so in the second half.

They got a ton of run based on that 1.5 games

Their coach is a joke. Their discipline, on and off the court, is a joke

Missingnumber7
November 20th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Completely agree, I think that is what some folks are missing on here. Playoff spots out of the MVFC could get REAL interesting should WIU wiu, a UNI loss and a USD win. I don't see why a 6-5 UNI shouldn't be considered either. Personally I think they beat SIU, I'm just saying. How do you not take four teams out of the MVFC or more? Can you really take a 7-4 FCS team just because? I think if there ever was a year to consider a six win team, whether that be WIU or UNI or USD, this is it...based on strength of MVFC and SOS.

They would need some help, but as we have seen the past couple weeks all heck can break lose pretty dang fast. I honestly don't think that Coastal is a solid lock, I think they are probably in, but with some goofy crap happening I think they are in. I think you need to be big fans of PSU/MSU/SUU/Poly, Maine/JMU/URI, UCA and EKU. If the right amount of those happen I think you could definitely see a 6 win team in. The only worry I have is if you have enough of them at what point does the committee stop looking at quality of schedule and turn back to quantity of wins. That would bring in the B-C/NC A&T/San Diego discussion. While I have nothing against these schools, they are just early round fodder for teams that haven't really earned an easy win.

344Johnson
November 20th, 2015, 02:50 PM

If you can barely win half your games, you don't belong in the playoffs. Pretty simple.

Except as an auto bid of course.

OSBF
November 20th, 2015, 03:31 PM

ISUr basketball is smoke and mirrors they lost 3 or 4 starters from last years team, which was meh at best, outside of playing out of their mind against WSU in the conference semis and the first half of the title game against UNI leading by 18 at one point. They then came back to earth and UNI took a 17 point lead or so in the second half.

Biggest issue is shooting%

He has assembled a whole team of 6-5 to 6-8 slasher/driver types, but none of them can shoot consistently

Pretty tough to defend off the dribble-drive, but if you lay back and force shots over the top we'll have a long night

thebootfitter
November 20th, 2015, 03:37 PM
If you can barely win half your games, you don't belong in the playoffs. Pretty simple.

Except as an auto bid of course.
With a 24-team field? You think a 7-4 team with no good wins and some bad losses and weak SOS should get in the playoffs over a gritty 6-5 team that has 3 or 4 quality wins and no bad losses? I guess that's your prerogative. That may be how the committee looks at it. But if I see a 6-5 team that would likely blow the doors off a 7-4 team, I'd take the 6-5 team any day.

Sycamore62
November 20th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Right, which gives them leeway in instances of wins over transitional teams or whatever. So really, it's just up to the committee and whatever they feel are appropriate qualifiers. If that's 6-5 with wins over 3 other playoff teams....maybe...idk. I'm not holding my breath, even if we do win. There's A LOT that would have to go our way for it to happen, and honestly, I don't feel like we're a playoff-worthy team at this point. I would like to see us end with a winning record for the first time since 2010 though...that at least would be nice end to the season.

I will be absolutely stunned if WIU or anyone gets in at 6-5 as an at-large.

That being said, on sunday a year ago, I couldnt understand why my phone was blowing up while I was sitting in church. So i guess i cant rule anything out anymore.

Kemo
November 20th, 2015, 03:56 PM

The ISU color commentator compared SDSU's team to UNI multiple times that game...

Just thought I'd ruin your day xpeacex

Schism55
November 20th, 2015, 04:20 PM
With a 24-team field? You think a 7-4 team with no good wins and some bad losses and weak SOS should get in the playoffs over a gritty 6-5 team that has 3 or 4 quality wins and no bad losses? I guess that's your prerogative. That may be how the committee looks at it. But if I see a 6-5 team that would likely blow the doors off a 7-4 team, I'd take the 6-5 team any day.

100% agree. Hopefully the committee is open to this line of thinking, especially considering what an unholy meat grinder the MVFC is year in and year out. Let's get the best 24 in, not a beauty contest with shiny records.

jacksfan29
November 20th, 2015, 04:35 PM
100% agree. Hopefully the committee is open to this line of thinking, especially considering what an unholy meat grinder the MVFC is year in and year out. Let's get the best 24 in, not a beauty contest with shiny records.

When has that ever happened? The committee will take a lot of things into consideration, but at the end of the day there will always be some politics. Who is to say a 7-4 OVC team isn't worthy but a 6-5 MVFC team is? We may think/know/believe that this is the case, but we can't prove it.

As for WIU, how about they get to 6-5 before any discussion occurs. They beat UNI, lost to Coastal, and got pounded by ISUr and NDSU. That's about it. I can play devils advocate, the UNI win came after the UNI v NDSU game and it was at the end of a long string of very difficult games for UNI. The Iowans were physically beat up and mentally not there. The two play today and UNI wins by 2 scores. If WIU wins tomorrow to get to 6-5 they may be in consideration, first they have to win and they have not yet proven they can play with the top 3 teams.

In addition, lets just say WIU win tomorrow and USD win tomorrow. Both will be 6-5 but USD will have wins over ISUr and NDSU. If a 6-5 school gets chosen who do you think it will be? WIU or USD? Pretty easy, USD.

Missingnumber7
November 20th, 2015, 04:40 PM
I think it would be fun to do a resume comparison like they do with the hoops tourney. Except you would always know which team was the MVFC team.

LeeshaJo
November 20th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Does anyone know what would happen if SDSU and USD can't get to Illinois tonight? The storm hitting us in SD is moving that way.

Missingnumber7
November 20th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know what would happen if SDSU and USD can't get to Illinois tonight? The storm hitting us in SD is moving that way.

Well they forfeit of course. Failure to plan is planning to fail.

I'm sure they would just move the games back to be somewhat reasonable for travel time.

clenz
November 20th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Well they forfeit of course. Failure to plan is planning to fail.

I'm sure they would just move the games back to be somewhat reasonable for travel time.

If they didn't plan a head and move flights to early AM today they deserve a forfeit

SIU was wheels up for Cedar Falls about 9am this morning

North Carolina landed in Iowa for tomorrow's basketball game in Cedar Falls about 2 today

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Looks like South Dakota is getting ready to head out: https://twitter.com/mickgarry/status/667855411677020161
Snow has cleared out of the Sioux Falls area.

No word yet on SDSU. Also, University of Sioux Falls football team's playoff game down in Arkansas has been pushed back to 4 PM tomorrow to accommodate travel difficulties.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/2015/11/20/usd-usf-sdsu-football-teams-stuck-airport-hours/76134082/

It's just starting to rain in SDSU's flight destination of Peoria (light rain here in Macomb for the last 2 hours). Snow will hold off until morning, but not sure if that will impact the route or timing of flights.

EDIT:
Looks like this is USD's flight to Bloomington/Normal - https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8667/history/20151120/2359Z/KFSD/KBMI
And this is SDSU's flight to Peoria - https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8653/history/20151120/1700Z/KFSD/KPIA

EDIT 2:
USD is in the air and on their way. ETA of 8:42 PM to Central Illinois Regional Airport at Bloomington/Normal.
SDSU is, according to a local newspaper sportswriter traveling with the team, boarding right now.

clenz
November 20th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Fwiw

Cedar Falls and the surrounding areas are reporting between 7 and 10 inches since about 3

Rain turned to snow about 4 in the Cedar Rapids area. We are already pushing a couple inches

I hope the time lapse I'm running out my back window turns out alright

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

clenz
November 20th, 2015, 07:56 PM
What it looks like in Kinnick right now

Check out @K9Falo's Tweet: https://twitter.com/K9Falo/status/667882874842910720?s=09

leatherneck177
November 20th, 2015, 08:07 PM
When has that ever happened? The committee will take a lot of things into consideration, but at the end of the day there will always be some politics. Who is to say a 7-4 OVC team isn't worthy but a 6-5 MVFC team is? We may think/know/believe that this is the case, but we can't prove it.

As for WIU, how about they get to 6-5 before any discussion occurs. They beat UNI, lost to Coastal, and got pounded by ISUr and NDSU. That's about it. I can play devils advocate, the UNI win came after the UNI v NDSU game and it was at the end of a long string of very difficult games for UNI. The Iowans were physically beat up and mentally not there. The two play today and UNI wins by 2 scores. If WIU wins tomorrow to get to 6-5 they may be in consideration, first they have to win and they have not yet proven they can play with the top 3 teams.

In addition, lets just say WIU win tomorrow and USD win tomorrow. Both will be 6-5 but USD will have wins over ISUr and NDSU. If a 6-5 school gets chosen who do you think it will be? WIU or USD? Pretty easy, USD.

Despite the fact that WIU beat USD? But yeah good case for USD if they win tomorrow.

BisonTru
November 20th, 2015, 08:10 PM
@1500ESPN_Reusse: Joe Glenn said to be retiring Monday as South Dakota football coach. Glenn Caruso was OC there in 2004-05. Makes sense.

https://twitter.com/1500espn_reusse/status/667798402613153792

Jackal
November 20th, 2015, 08:29 PM
@1500ESPN_Reusse: Joe Glenn said to be retiring Monday as South Dakota football coach. Glenn Caruso was OC there in 2004-05. Makes sense.

https://twitter.com/1500espn_reusse/status/667798402613153792

Mick Garry ‏@mickgarry (https://twitter.com/mickgarry) 8h8 hours ago (https://twitter.com/mickgarry/status/667768006726946816)Sioux Falls, SD (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A3605db70c687a01d)
"I have every intention of being at work next week." -- Joe Glenn this minute.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Sounds like SDSU boarded the plane, they started rolling out, getting the "emergency exit" spiel, then stopped...problem with nose of plane...it broke off. Plane is "dead in the water".

clenz
November 20th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Should have left 12 hours ago

I don't get the last minute thing. Farley loves to try to do it too and it can really **** a team

Last season UNI got to Missouri State's stadium only about 80 minutes prekick

Weather and plane issues forced a late take off and then emergency landing in KC at 3 am Saturday

Team boarded a plane and landed in Springfield as MSU was already on the field warming up

Thankfully MSU was their typical terrible selves and UNI still won

Hammersmith
November 20th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Sounds like SDSU boarded the plane, they started rolling out, getting the "emergency exit" spiel, then stopped...problem with nose of plane...it broke off. Plane is "dead in the water".

I think the nose thing was weary hyperbole. Zimmer has been stuck at the airport for 10+ hours at this point.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I think the nose thing was weary hyperbole. Zimmer has been stuck at the airport for 10+ hours at this point.

That seems likely. Gonna be late getting into Macomb either way.

Hammersmith
November 20th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Plane's moving again.

Hammersmith
November 20th, 2015, 08:52 PM
It's cruel to laugh, but Zimmer is hilarious in his tweets.

From 37 min ago: "I like how the flight attendant does that thing where she counts passengers to make you think you're leaving. That's three times, lady."

From 4 min ago: "OH MY GOD SHE'S COUNTING AGAIN."

344Johnson
November 20th, 2015, 08:54 PM

Maybe we should let everyone in the playoffs.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 08:55 PM
If they're in the air by 9, I think they should get to Peoria around 10, half hour to get loaded on buses, 90 minutes to Macomb...it'll be Midnight by the time they get here, at least.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 09:00 PM

From 37 min ago: "I like how the flight attendant does that thing where she counts passengers to make you think you're leaving. That's three times, lady."

He is pretty funny.

EDIT:
He might be going a bit loopy, but he's dead on with this: https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/667901242157350912

dewey
November 20th, 2015, 09:12 PM
He is pretty funny.

EDIT:
He might be going a bit loopy, but he's dead on with this: https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/667901242157350912

That is pretty funny. If SDSU gets to Peoria by midnight it will be 100 or later before they go to sleep. It will be interesting to see if SDSU seems sluggish at all. The chance to get a seed should power them through the lack of sleep.

Dewey

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2015, 09:17 PM
That is pretty funny. If SDSU gets to Peoria by midnight it will be 100 or later before they go to sleep. It will be interesting to see if SDSU seems sluggish at all. The chance to get a seed should power them through the lack of sleep.

Dewey

It's 90 minutes from Peoria to Macomb.
If they take off at...say 9:30, it's a 1 hour flight to Peoria, take a half hour to get loaded onto the buses, 90 minutes to Macomb. You're looking at 12:30 AM at the absolute earliest...if everything else goes perfectly. I assume they're staying the night in Macomb. It's possible they're staying overnight in Peoria and then driving over in the morning...which would help.

EDIT: 9:20 PM and it looks like they're finally on their way: https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/667904969845043200

EDIT 2: They're staying in Peoria overnight. Landed around 10:20.

thebootfitter
November 21st, 2015, 12:35 AM
Maybe we should let everyone in the playoffs.
Some would say that with 24 teams, they already have. With a smaller field, I think you have a strong point, but once you get down to 24 teams, the line gets a little fuzzy and standards have to be relaxed just slightly.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2015, 01:01 AM

Were they worried someone tuck and rolled out the plane? xlolx

clenz
November 23rd, 2015, 08:29 AM
So...I thought MSU was historically bad at defense - and they are. However, browsing the MVFC record book looking for anther stat, I came across this

Largest win margin (conference games only)
62 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (72-10), 2007
56 - Missouri State vs. Indiana State (63-7), 2007
56 - Western Illinois vs. Indiana State (56-0), 2008
55 - UNI vs. Indiana State (62-7), 2009
55 - North Dakota State vs Missouri State (55-0), 2015
54 - UNI vs. Indiana State (68-14), 2007
54 - North Dakota St. vs. South Dakota (54-0), 2012
53 - Southern Illinois vs. Western Illinois (66-13), 2004
53 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (60-7), 2008
52 - UNI vs. Indiana State (58-6), 2004
52 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (55-3), 2006
52 - Illinois State vs. Indiana State (69-17), 2007
51 - Illinois State vs. Indiana State (57-6), 2008
49 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (59-10), 2004
49 - Missouri State vs. Indiana State (68-19), 1991
49 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (52-3), 1995
47 - Southern Illinois vs Missouri State (73-26), 2015
46 - North Dakota State vs. Indiana St. (56-10), 2013
45 - Western Kentucky vs. Indiana State (59-14), 2003
45 - UNI vs. Western Illinois (52-7), 1987
45 - Youngstown State vs. Indiana State (45-0), 2005

I bolded all Indiana State games and put the MSU games from this year in red. I think we are all forgetting just how horrid ISUb really was for a decade.

Granted MSU also had conference losses of 41, 40, 39, 36, 30, and 28 to go along with OOC losses of 63 and 56. Going over ISU from 03-2010 yeilds many 30-44 point losses as well though

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2015, 08:31 AM
I'm so disappointed that NDSU didn't score 60+ on Saturday. They were on the one yard line and couldn't punch it in with the third stringers :(

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2015, 09:31 AM
You're gonna need to add a game to that list:

52 points - NDSU vs WIU (59-7), 2015

clenz
November 23rd, 2015, 09:46 AM

Ah...yeah....

Didn't think to look at other scores from this year.

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2015, 09:51 AM
So...I thought MSU was historically bad at defense - and they are. However, browsing the MVFC record book looking for anther stat, I came across this

Largest win margin (conference games only)
62 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (72-10), 2007
56 - Missouri State vs. Indiana State (63-7), 2007
56 - Western Illinois vs. Indiana State (56-0), 2008
55 - UNI vs. Indiana State (62-7), 2009
55 - North Dakota State vs Missouri State (55-0), 2015
54 - UNI vs. Indiana State (68-14), 2007
54 - North Dakota St. vs. South Dakota (54-0), 2012
53 - Southern Illinois vs. Western Illinois (66-13), 2004
53 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (60-7), 2008
52 - UNI vs. Indiana State (58-6), 2004
52 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (55-3), 2006
52 - Illinois State vs. Indiana State (69-17), 2007
51 - Illinois State vs. Indiana State (57-6), 2008
49 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (59-10), 2004
49 - Missouri State vs. Indiana State (68-19), 1991
49 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (52-3), 1995
47 - Southern Illinois vs Missouri State (73-26), 2015
46 - North Dakota State vs. Indiana St. (56-10), 2013
45 - Western Kentucky vs. Indiana State (59-14), 2003
45 - UNI vs. Western Illinois (52-7), 1987
45 - Youngstown State vs. Indiana State (45-0), 2005

I bolded all Indiana State games and put the MSU games from this year in red. I think we are all forgetting just how horrid ISUb really was for a decade.

Granted MSU also had conference losses of 41, 40, 39, 36, 30, and 28 to go along with OOC losses of 63 and 56. Going over ISU from 03-2010 yeilds many 30-44 point losses as well though

FYI, We won that one

Carry on

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2015, 09:54 AM

I respect you that you actually want that added.

I wouldn't.

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2015, 09:55 AM
and we lost to UNI 59-13 this year

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2015, 10:29 AM
I respect you that you actually want that added.

I wouldn't.

I wouldn't say that I "want" it added, but if we're being accurate, it does need to be added. It happened, thankfully we recovered from it, won the rest, and made the playoffs...but it did happen. I watched...well....2/3 of it (had to turn it off, couldn't stomach any more if it).

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2015, 10:45 AM
and we lost to UNI 59-13 this year

I thought that was completely crazy how that worked out:

Western at North Dakota State
Indiana State at Northern Iowa

Both on 11/7/2015, in domes.
Both games the visiting team was down 38-0 at halftime.
Both games the visiting team only scored in the 3rd quarter.
Both games the home team scored 7 in the 3rd and 14 in the 4th.
Both games the home team ended with 59 points.
Both games the home team had at least one pick-6.
Both games the home team gave up 0 turnovers and the visiting team gave up at least 2.
Both games were the visiting teams worst margin of defeat of the season, including their 2nd week games against low-level Big 10 teams.

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2015, 11:17 AM
I thought that was completely crazy how that worked out:

Western at North Dakota State
Indiana State at Northern Iowa

Both on 11/7/2015, in domes.
Both games the visiting team was down 38-0 at halftime.
Both games the visiting team only scored in the 3rd quarter.
Both games the home team scored 7 in the 3rd and 14 in the 4th.
Both games the home team ended with 59 points.
Both games the home team had at least one pick-6.
Both games the home team gave up 0 turnovers and the visiting team gave up at least 2.
Both games were the visiting teams worst margin of defeat of the season, including their 2nd week games against low-level Big 10 teams.

I also thought both teams had a shot for an upset

ya, it wasnt much consolation to see your score

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 11:39 AM
This showed up on my twitter feed just now

http://www.cspnet.com/industry-news-analysis/corporate-news/articles/casey-s-seeing-double

Reports double-digit sales increases across nearly all major grocery, merchandise categories
ANKENY, Iowa -- Casey’s General Stores Inc. (http://www.cspnet.com/industry-news-analysis/top-convenience-stores/retailer/casey-s-general-stores-inc-2015) saw “significant” sales growth in all major areas of its business, especially in store, said chairman and CEO Robert J. Myers in announcing the convenience-store chain’s latest financial results.

The company reported net income of $79 million for the three months ended Oct. 31, 2015, compared to $49.9 million for the three months ended Oct. 31, 2014.
“Second-quarter inside sales were up 11.6% while total fuel gallons sold were up 7.7%. The positive sales performance, along with a strong prepared food and fuel margin, drove gross profit dollars up 19.3% for the quarter,” he said.
Here is a breakdown of Casey’s results for the period by category:

Fuel. The company’s annual goal for fiscal 2016 is to increase same-store gallons sold 2% with an average margin of 16.7 cents per gallon. For the second quarter, same-store gallons sold were up 3.3% with an average margin of 24.7 cents per gallon. Casey’s sold 13.6 million renewable fuel credits for $4.7 million during the second quarter.

“Same-store gallons during the quarter continued to benefit from lower fuel prices,” said Myers. “We also experienced a fuel margin well ahead of our annual goal due primarily to volatile wholesale costs during the quarter.”
For the year, total gallons sold were up 7.8% to 997.4 million gallons with an average margin of 21.1 cents per gallon, while gross profit dollars rose 18.5%. Same-store gallons for the year were up 3.3%.

Grocery & Other Merchandise. Casey’s annual goal for fiscal 2016 is to increase same-store sales 6.2% with an average margin of 32.1%. For the second quarter, same-store sales were up 7.5% with an average margin of 31.5%. It experienced double-digit sales increases across nearly all major areas of this category, resulting in a 10.6% increase in total sales in the second quarter.

“Packaged beverage and tobacco sales continued their solid performance as we expand our cooler capacity throughout our store base and customers trade up to premium brands,” said Myers.
For the six months ended Oct. 31, 2015, same-store sales were up 7.2% with an average margin of 32.1%. Total sales for the year were up 10.3% to $1.04 billion, while gross profit dollars rose 9.0%.

Prepared Food & Fountain. The goal for fiscal 2016 is to increase same-store sales 10.4% with an average margin of 60.8%. Same-store sales for the quarter were up 9.4% with an average margin of 63.4%. The margin was up 410 basis points primarily due to lower commodity costs compared to the same time a year ago.

“Same-store sales benefited from the continued rollout of our primary store initiatives,” Myers said. “We are optimistic about the future growth in this category especially as we complete the implementation of online ordering later this month in all of our stores. The online ordering service will give our customers the ability to conveniently order pizza, made-to-order sub sandwiches, and appetizers.”
Year to date, total sales were up 14.4% to $452.8 million compared to the first six months last year, and gross profit dollars were up 20.9% to $285.2 million. Year to date, same-store sales were up 9.8%.

Operating Expenses. Year to date, operating expenses increased 8.7% to $531.6 million. For the quarter, operating expenses were up 9.5%.

“The increase was primarily due to operating 48 more stores this year compared to a year ago in the same period and the continued rollout of various operational initiatives,” said Myers. “These increases were offset by a $1.3 million decrease in the quarter for transportation costs due to lower fuel prices.”

Expansion. Casey’s annual goal is to build or acquire 75 to 113 stores, replace 10 existing locations and perform 100 major remodels. At the mid-year point, the company had acquired one store and completed 25 new-store constructions. It has also completed 11 replacements and 24 major remodels.

“We are on pace to build approximately 50 stores and remodel 100 stores by the end of the fiscal year,” Myers said. “We will continue to remain patient with acquisitions and remain optimistic about our long-term growth opportunities as our second distribution center becomes operational in February 2016.”
Ankeny, Iowa-based Casey’s owns and operates 1,896 convenience stores in 14 states: Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee and Wisconsin.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Casey's should really donate some cash to AGS for all the free advertising given to them. When that happens the name of this thread can be changed to "MVFC 2015 Edition - brought to you by Casey's General Store"

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Casey's should really donate some cash to AGS for all the free advertising given to them. When that happens the name of this thread can be changed to "MVFC 2015 Edition - brought to you by Casey's General Store"

Casey's is annoying. No pizza in Lawrence but I can get some in two little towns 15 miles away. Come on!

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Casey's is annoying. No pizza in Lawrence but I can get some in two little towns 15 miles away. Come on!

Casey's can sense the oppression in Lawrence....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Casey's can sense the oppression in Lawrence....

That has to be it. Pizza privilege.

goyotes
December 8th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Last time I checked, 9 of the 10 towns that are home to a MVFC team have at least one Casey's. The lone exception is Youngstown, which makes one question their long-term commitment to the MVFC.

Also, there is no Casey's in Grand Forks, ND. If the F-Hawks ever want to entertain any hopes of joining the MVFC, this will be the first indicator.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Last time I checked, 9 of the 10 towns that are home to a MVFC team have at least one Casey's. The lone exception is Youngstown, which makes one question their long-term commitment to the MVFC.

Also, there is no Casey's in Grand Forks, ND. If the F-Hawks ever want to entertain any hopes of joining the MVFC, this will be the first indicator.

POTY xlolx

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2015, 01:31 PM

I've always wondered why the Penguins were struggling so much.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2015, 01:35 PM

I've always wondered why the Penguins were struggling so much.
Maybe that's why MVFC refs hate them so much? They're bitter about getting out of their usual pre-game bacon-y breakfast pizza routine.

Sycamore62
December 8th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Maybe that's why MVFC refs hate them so much? They're bitter about getting out of their usual pre-game bacon-y breakfast pizza routine.

Or thats what set Bo off in the last couple games. 2 UCs because he was getting beat with no option of Casey's then 1 UC because he drove by one in Terre Haute on the way to the game and realized even Terre Haute has one.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Casey's or GTFO Penguins!

The Yo Show
December 8th, 2015, 09:07 PM
I can name 25 pizza places the Youngstown area has off the top of my head. There are probably many more. Pizza sells really well in Youngstown. The Marcos that just opened a few years ago by where I live grosses 18k in sales a week (I used to work there so I would know). I would be willing to bet that if Casey's pizza is this good, someone may want to make an entrepreneurial decision and open one in Youngstown. Does anybody wanna come in as an investor xlolx ?

clenz
December 8th, 2015, 10:05 PM
No one wants anything to do with Youngstown....including 90% of Youngstown

JayJ79
December 8th, 2015, 10:13 PM

their pizza oven was stolen by raiders from Missouri

gotts
December 8th, 2015, 11:10 PM
I can name 25 pizza places the Youngstown area has off the top of my head. There are probably many more. Pizza sells really well in Youngstown. The Marcos that just opened a few years ago by where I live grosses 18k in sales a week (I used to work there so I would know). I would be willing to bet that if Casey's pizza is this good, someone may want to make an entrepreneurial decision and open one in Youngstown. Does anybody wanna come in as an investor xlolx ?

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp311/gotts811/3271474_zpss8tipzfb.jpg

Bisonoline
December 9th, 2015, 12:18 AM

Are you referencing the Marcos pizza chain? If they sell that well then you folks will eat anything. So Caseys might be up your alley.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2015, 07:24 AM
For all of you Casey´s pizza lovers.....It sucks!!!

xnodx

Bison56
December 9th, 2015, 10:17 AM
For all of you Casey´s pizza lovers.....It sucks!!!

xnodx

I only like the breakfast pizza at Casey's, other than that I am not a big pizza eater unless its Rhombus Guys. xlovex

Yote 53
December 9th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Here I thought USD leveraged it's position with a full invite to the Big Sky in order to get the invite we really wanted, the MVFC. Little did I realize it was because at about that same time a brand new, bigger and better Casey's was being built in Vermillion to replace the aging store we had in town. Impressed with our commitment to upgrade our Casey's facilities in such a way USD was a lock for MVFC membership. You could easily say that Patty V sought us out for membership after learning of our affinity for Casey's pizza.

And here those folks in Grand Forks thought it was all about some nickname. Silly folks, it was all about the Casey's pie.

NDSUtk
December 9th, 2015, 09:53 PM
I only like the breakfast pizza at Casey's, other than that I am not a big pizza eater unless its Rhombus Guys. xlovex
We're doing Casey's breakfast pizza for tailgating Saturday morning! Can't go wrong.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2015, 10:27 PM

Rhombus Guys is great. Lou Malnati's is great.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2015, 12:40 AM
This showed up on my twitter feed just now

http://www.cspnet.com/industry-news-analysis/corporate-news/articles/casey-s-seeing-double

Reports double-digit sales increases across nearly all major grocery, merchandise categories
ANKENY, Iowa -- Casey’s General Stores Inc. (http://www.cspnet.com/industry-news-analysis/top-convenience-stores/retailer/casey-s-general-stores-inc-2015) saw “significant” sales growth in all major areas of its business, especially in store, said chairman and CEO Robert J. Myers in announcing the convenience-store chain’s latest financial results.

The company reported net income of $79 million for the three months ended Oct. 31, 2015, compared to $49.9 million for the three months ended Oct. 31, 2014.
“Second-quarter inside sales were up 11.6% while total fuel gallons sold were up 7.7%. The positive sales performance, along with a strong prepared food and fuel margin, drove gross profit dollars up 19.3% for the quarter,” he said.
Here is a breakdown of Casey’s results for the period by category:

Fuel. The company’s annual goal for fiscal 2016 is to increase same-store gallons sold 2% with an average margin of 16.7 cents per gallon. For the second quarter, same-store gallons sold were up 3.3% with an average margin of 24.7 cents per gallon. Casey’s sold 13.6 million renewable fuel credits for $4.7 million during the second quarter.

“Same-store gallons during the quarter continued to benefit from lower fuel prices,” said Myers. “We also experienced a fuel margin well ahead of our annual goal due primarily to volatile wholesale costs during the quarter.”
For the year, total gallons sold were up 7.8% to 997.4 million gallons with an average margin of 21.1 cents per gallon, while gross profit dollars rose 18.5%. Same-store gallons for the year were up 3.3%.

Grocery & Other Merchandise. Casey’s annual goal for fiscal 2016 is to increase same-store sales 6.2% with an average margin of 32.1%. For the second quarter, same-store sales were up 7.5% with an average margin of 31.5%. It experienced double-digit sales increases across nearly all major areas of this category, resulting in a 10.6% increase in total sales in the second quarter.

“Packaged beverage and tobacco sales continued their solid performance as we expand our cooler capacity throughout our store base and customers trade up to premium brands,” said Myers.
For the six months ended Oct. 31, 2015, same-store sales were up 7.2% with an average margin of 32.1%. Total sales for the year were up 10.3% to $1.04 billion, while gross profit dollars rose 9.0%.

Prepared Food & Fountain. The goal for fiscal 2016 is to increase same-store sales 10.4% with an average margin of 60.8%. Same-store sales for the quarter were up 9.4% with an average margin of 63.4%. The margin was up 410 basis points primarily due to lower commodity costs compared to the same time a year ago.

“Same-store sales benefited from the continued rollout of our primary store initiatives,” Myers said. “We are optimistic about the future growth in this category especially as we complete the implementation of online ordering later this month in all of our stores. The online ordering service will give our customers the ability to conveniently order pizza, made-to-order sub sandwiches, and appetizers.”
Year to date, total sales were up 14.4% to $452.8 million compared to the first six months last year, and gross profit dollars were up 20.9% to $285.2 million. Year to date, same-store sales were up 9.8%.

Operating Expenses. Year to date, operating expenses increased 8.7% to $531.6 million. For the quarter, operating expenses were up 9.5%.

“The increase was primarily due to operating 48 more stores this year compared to a year ago in the same period and the continued rollout of various operational initiatives,” said Myers. “These increases were offset by a $1.3 million decrease in the quarter for transportation costs due to lower fuel prices.”

Expansion. Casey’s annual goal is to build or acquire 75 to 113 stores, replace 10 existing locations and perform 100 major remodels. At the mid-year point, the company had acquired one store and completed 25 new-store constructions. It has also completed 11 replacements and 24 major remodels.

“We are on pace to build approximately 50 stores and remodel 100 stores by the end of the fiscal year,” Myers said. “We will continue to remain patient with acquisitions and remain optimistic about our long-term growth opportunities as our second distribution center becomes operational in February 2016.”
Ankeny, Iowa-based Casey’s owns and operates 1,896 convenience stores in 14 states: Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee and Wisconsin.

This is what happens when it becomes legal to distribute crack cocain in pizza form to the public xnodx

clenz
January 11th, 2016, 01:43 PM
I don't remember if it was this thread, or which thread it was, but Yote 53 (I think) was talking about how Andrew Van Ginkle was going to be an All American for USD...

Well...

He's now transferring to a JUCO (Iowa Western) with plans to go FBS after that.

So many levels to discuss on that one.

Professor Chaos
January 11th, 2016, 01:51 PM
I don't remember if it was this thread, or which thread it was, but Yote 53 (I think) was talking about how Andrew Van Ginkle was going to be an All American for USD...

Well...

xeyebrowx

MVFC Freshman of the Year transferring to a JUCO? Wow... there must be more to this story than him just wanting to go FBS. Clashing with the new staff already? Grades?

clenz
January 11th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Iowa Western is a really, really, high level JUVO that throws FBS guys out like crazy

F'N Hawks
January 11th, 2016, 01:57 PM
xeyebrowx

MVFC Freshman of the Year transferring to a JUCO? Wow... there must be more to this story than him just wanting to go FBS. Clashing with the new staff already? Grades?

Don't think so. Blew up early at FCS and now wants a shot at FBS and instead of sitting out a year he can prove his worth playing somewhere. Which will garner more offers - if he does well. Sucks for FCS teams but kids are willing to give up a year now at a juco to get two years at an FBS.

BisonFan02
January 11th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Don't think so. Blew up early at FCS and now wants a shot at FBS and instead of sitting out a year he can prove his worth playing somewhere. Which will garner more offers - if he does well. Sucks for FCS teams but kids are willing to give up a year now at a juco to get two years at an FBS.

Yup....this...especially depending on the program (a coaching change doesn't help either).

F'N Hawks
January 11th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Yup....this...especially depending on the program (a coaching change doesn't help either).

Yep, the coaching change made it easy for him.

Sycamore62
January 11th, 2016, 02:16 PM
not exactly the same but it worked for Cam Newton

When I was 19, if I thought I could go big time after playing JuCo for a year I probably would have.

Yote 53
January 11th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Worked for Cam but Cam was also a highly sought after recruit out of high school that signed with Florida. The only reason he left Florida is because they kicked him out for stealing a laptop. These two situations are apples and oranges.

Van Ginkel had instant success at USD and at the FCS level, it probably emboldened him in making such a decision. Major FBS football is a completely different level than the FCS and there is a reason why the only D1 offer this kid had coming out of high school was from USD.

Best of luck to the kid because I think he is going to need it. IMO, he just made a huge mistake but it's his life and his choice to make.

Twentysix
January 11th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Maybe his secret plan is to go from JUCO to NDSU. ;)

GABison
January 12th, 2016, 09:08 AM

Well...

Apparently he is taking the Jake Waters - Kansas State route.

Sycamore62
January 12th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Worked for Cam but Cam was also a highly sought after recruit out of high school that signed with Florida. The only reason he left Florida is because they kicked him out for stealing a laptop. These two situations are apples and oranges.

Van Ginkel had instant success at USD and at the FCS level, it probably emboldened him in making such a decision. Major FBS football is a completely different level than the FCS and there is a reason why the only D1 offer this kid had coming out of high school was from USD.

Best of luck to the kid because I think he is going to need it. IMO, he just made a huge mistake but it's his life and his choice to make.

So I suppose when i say "not exactly the same" that is like saying "apples and oranges"

Worst case scenario, He has a career ending injury at the JuCo. 2nd worst case scenario, all of FCS wants him next year. Its not unreasonable that he could get a ride and play at a P5 team. remember some of those schools suck.

clenz
January 12th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Apparently he is taking the Jake Waters - Kansas State route.
K-State, Minnesota, Iowa or Iowa State are very clearly his "end game" here.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 12th, 2016, 04:58 PM
My initial impression of the Valley in '16:

I think NDSU and UNI will be the top teams in the league. With what both teams have coming back, it is hard not to put them in the top 2.

IMO, Ill State and WIU will take a step back. Ill State losing Roberson and Coprich and WIU with their coaching change.

SDSU will be good but not enough to beat UNI or NDSU. YSU returns a lot of players and might be able to challenge for the conference title.

USD - Ind State - SIU are mid pack or lower teams teams in '16 and MSU will be the cellar dweller again.

Early thoughts on placing.....way too early but still fun to speculate:

NDSU
UNI
YSU
SDSU
Ill State
SIU
USD
WIU
Ind State
MSU

clenz
January 12th, 2016, 05:39 PM
I can't argue those projections nearly at all.

I don't trust YSU/Pelini so is be tempted to flop SDSU and YSU.

SIU loses the only reason they won 3 games and have a 31 year old HC

After the top 5 I can make a case for every team to finish 6th and 9th

Yote 53
January 13th, 2016, 09:31 AM
My initial impression of the Valley in '16:

I think NDSU and UNI will be the top teams in the league. With what both teams have coming back, it is hard not to put them in the top 2.

IMO, Ill State and WIU will take a step back. Ill State losing Roberson and Coprich and WIU with their coaching change.

SDSU will be good but not enough to beat UNI or NDSU. YSU returns a lot of players and might be able to challenge for the conference title.

USD - Ind State - SIU are mid pack or lower teams teams in '16 and MSU will be the cellar dweller again.

Early thoughts on placing.....way too early but still fun to speculate:

NDSU
UNI
YSU
SDSU
Ill State
SIU
USD
WIU
Ind State
MSU

Flip flop USD and SIU. USD beat them this past year and SIU is regressing. I think USD pulls out 4 conference wins this season and finishes middle of the pack.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 13th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Flip flop USD and SIU. USD beat them this past year and SIU is regressing. I think USD pulls out 4 conference wins this season and finishes middle of the pack.

You could be right. Nielson is a very good hire for USD. I think it will take him at least a couple of years to get the guys he wants for his brand of football.

SIU always surprises me with how low they finish in the league. Reading about their new coach, he was the OC in '15 and SIU had a very good offense for sure. But he better get his defense in order or that offense will never be on the field.

Just listened to Coach Hill and his speech when he was hired, sounds like a good guy with energy. Offensive mind. Improve the Saluki defense should be priority #1

Jacks02
January 13th, 2016, 02:49 PM
I don't see much of a drop-off coming from SDSU next year. I agree that we belong below NDSU and UNI, but I think we are a solid #3. We had injury problems on the OL and DL as well as a revolving door at QB and a banged up Wieneke in the second half of the season. I think the offense should be very good as we have a more experienced Christion or a healthy Lujan at QB, Wieneke back, and hopefully some improvement at RB. I also think Goedert has a chance to be a star for us at TE.

We lose a fair amount in the defensive backfield, but I think we had some depth at LB and enough young talent in the secondary where we will still be above average on D.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 13th, 2016, 02:58 PM
I don't see much of a drop-off coming from SDSU next year. I agree that we belong below NDSU and UNI, but I think we are a solid #3. We had injury problems on the OL and DL as well as a revolving door at QB and a banged up Wieneke in the second half of the season. I think the offense should be very good as we have a more experienced Christion or a healthy Lujan at QB, Wieneke back, and hopefully some improvement at RB. I also think Goedert has a chance to be a star for us at TE.

We lose a fair amount in the defensive backfield, but I think we had some depth at LB and enough young talent in the secondary where we will still be above average on D.

FCS ranking for SDSU:

Total defense: #50 -- 371.3 yards/game
Scoring defense: #8 -- 17.3 points/game

The Jacks had a "bend but don't break" defense last year. It worked. Jacks defense was good. It looks like a Bison defense, scheme wise. Stig has a good, consistent program rolling along right now, its just unfortunate that the Bison are in the way. SDSU probably would have won a NC last year if they got by the Bison. The 3 best teams in the country last year were NDSU-Ill State and SDSU....IMO.

Bisonwinagn
January 13th, 2016, 10:28 PM

I thought you were losing a lot of seniors on defense?

Jacks02
January 14th, 2016, 10:18 AM
I thought you were losing a lot of seniors on defense?

The big losses are DB's JeRyan Butler and Jimmie Forsythe, LB T.J. Lally and DL J.R. Plote, but I think we have some depth at LB and are getting most of our DL back, which suffered with injuries this year.

Biggest ? for me is if we have young guys who can step up at the CB positions. I think we have some talent, but it may take a while for them to get adjusted.

Sycamore62
January 14th, 2016, 03:55 PM
This is about basketball but still relevant for this thread. I took a photo just about when ISUb made a run to take the lead and win against UNI. Tell me if you think it's coincidence.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160114/8b4ca6cc7c2b9d6313db7ca42c9c70c8.jpg

Twentysix
January 14th, 2016, 07:16 PM
This is about basketball but still relevant for this thread. I took a photo just about when ISUb made a run to take the lead and win against UNI. Tell me if you think it's coincidence.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160114/8b4ca6cc7c2b9d6313db7ca42c9c70c8.jpgxthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
May 2nd, 2016, 07:02 AM
From 9/28/2015:

I will bet you as much as you want to throw on the table that NDSU's qb does not go day one....

There wasn't a qb on your roster last year when you were in the UNI Dome that will take a snap in the NFL, let alone be drafted Friday night in Chicago. I also watched the Montana game, didn't see one out there either....

I'll put a $100 donation to AGS down that he goes before Saturday (before the start of the 4th round). Deal?
Too bad this bet was never taken. xrolleyesx

The Yo Show
May 2nd, 2016, 05:15 PM
AGS donations really missed out xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 3rd, 2016, 07:53 PM
From 9/28/2015:

Too bad this bet was never taken. xrolleyesx

He knew his stuff for sure....xlolx

BisonFan02
May 3rd, 2016, 08:16 PM
From 9/28/2015: