PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 2015 Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

penguinpower
October 3rd, 2015, 04:48 PM
24-0 YSU over USD 12 min left in 4Q

ValleyTalk
October 3rd, 2015, 04:49 PM
After a fumbled punt return, YSU pounds it into the endzone.

Guins up 24-0 fourth quarter.

centennial
October 3rd, 2015, 04:50 PM
Just tuned into YSU USD game in time to see punter returner attempting to back up 2 yard line, and drop bad.

BTW - enjoying the retro game with the 80's broadcast quality.
Potato camera.

penguinpower
October 3rd, 2015, 04:57 PM
Potato camera.

Yes horrible broadcast and field lighting is terrible

penguinpower
October 3rd, 2015, 04:58 PM
USD gets a FG

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 04:59 PM
I thought the feed was in B&W at first.

Bison56
October 3rd, 2015, 05:02 PM
I thought the feed was in B&W at first.
So did I, then I turned it on the TV and it's just as bad. They need bigger candles.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 05:02 PM
WIU just scored to start the 2nd half

21-20

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 05:09 PM
Huge TD pass for WIU after an INT

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 05:09 PM
WIU up 28-20?

penguinpower
October 3rd, 2015, 05:11 PM
YSU is just trying to run out the clock. USD can't do anything

centennial
October 3rd, 2015, 05:12 PM
WIU up 28-20?
yes

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 05:14 PM
After watching USD, you guys that think they are trending up....how?

penguinpower
October 3rd, 2015, 05:16 PM
31-3 YSU.

centennial
October 3rd, 2015, 05:19 PM
They really aren't. About as bad as usual. To be fair they wouldn't be a terrible OVC, Big Sky team- however, not MVFC good enough.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 05:30 PM
WIU/SIU is a good game.

WIU 28-27 with 1 minute left in the 3rd

Drblankstare
October 3rd, 2015, 05:40 PM

My comments about improvement were made about the 1st half. They messed the themselves in the 2nd half. In the 1st half they looked far more compentant than I have seen them in awhile, specifically on D.

Sycamore62
October 3rd, 2015, 05:40 PM
ISUb 56
MSU 28

Daved
October 3rd, 2015, 05:42 PM
After watching USD, you guys that think they are trending up....how?If you look at YSU's message board you would think that YSU got killed---they did beat the 3 point spot though.I may have misinterpreted the post,especially if you are saying USD is trending up.

ValleyTalk
October 3rd, 2015, 05:54 PM
If you look at YSU's message board you would think that YSU got killed---they did beat the 3 point spot though.I may have misinterpreted the post,especially if you are saying USD is trending up.
The number of ridiculous comments on there today is astounding... We were 3.5 point favorites and we won by 28 in dominating fashion... Then you see posts calling our offensive coordinator a retard. Uncalled for... It is football people, relax!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 05:55 PM
The number of ridiculous comments on there today is astounding... We were 3.5 point favorites and we won by 28 in dominating fashion... Then you see posts calling our offensive coordinator a retard. Uncalled for... It is football people, relax!

YSU looked pretty good today.

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 06:02 PM
Salukis take a 2pt lead in Macomb with 5:38 left. 36-34

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 06:02 PM
Salukis take a 2pt lead in Macomb with 5:38 left. 36-34

Whomever has the ball last will win?

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 06:09 PM
SIU interception. That might seal it.

REALBird
October 3rd, 2015, 06:09 PM
They don't have replay at WIU? Refs missed a WIU completion that screwed WIU.

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 06:10 PM
They don't have replay at WIU? Refs missed a WIU completion that screwed WIU.

They should.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 06:22 PM
WIU kicks a FG to win the game.....I guess 2 seconds left

Bison56
October 3rd, 2015, 06:22 PM
2 sec. Left and espn cuts off the ISU and WIU game?

penguinpower
October 3rd, 2015, 07:06 PM
2 sec. Left and espn cuts off the ISU and WIU game?

They did that to YSU when we beat McNair who was up for the Heisman when he was at Alcorn State

ValleyTalk
October 3rd, 2015, 07:33 PM
In other news, Nebraska lost again, this time to lowly Illinois.

As I've said from day one... YSU will get the last laugh with that dumb firing of Pelini.

RollBirds
October 3rd, 2015, 07:46 PM
In other news, Nebraska lost again, this time to lowly Illinois.

As I've said from day one... YSU will get the last laugh with that dumb firing of Pelini.

Wow.... It's sad the governor of Illinois chose to go to the ILSTU game over the UofI game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clenz
October 5th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Has anyone talked about how terrible the scheduling is?

I know this has been mentioned before, especially by me, but a series of tweets caught my eye Saturday

It makes no sense as to why SDSU & WIU get to start conf play w/2 home games while UNI (& Ind St) is on the road for two. #ValleyFootball (https://twitter.com/hashtag/ValleyFootball?src=hash)

I get that when you have the Dome it's a natural for good conditions in November, but don't penalize UNI with b2b tough roadies.

And it's not like NDSU, ILSU, & SDSU aren't going to be top half MVFC squads year in/year out. Get an equitable schedule sometime soon MVFC.

Just looked at old schedules. UNI football has started on the road the last 4 years in MVFC play. They started with 2 roadies last year too.

In any conference winning on the road is damn tough - to consistently start conference play on the road for multiple games and have the kind of unbalanced schedule UNI has is...well...dumb

UNIFanSince1983
October 5th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Wow.... It's sad the governor of Illinois chose to go to the ILSTU game over the UofI game.

Seems like everyone in the state chose to go to the ISUr game instead of the Illini game since Memorial Stadium looked empty on TV...

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Huge week in the MVFC with 3 top 25 matchups in ISUr @ YSU, UNI @ NDSU, and ISUb @ SDSU. I'd say ISUr and YSU is the game of the week given how things went last week but all 3 games are going to shape the conference landscape for the rest of the season.

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Has anyone talked about how terrible the scheduling is?

I know this has been mentioned before, especially by me, but a series of tweets caught my eye Saturday

In any conference winning on the road is damn tough - to consistently start conference play on the road for multiple games and have the kind of unbalanced schedule UNI has is...well...dumb
You still get 4 home games and 4 road games in conference. If given the choice I'd rather start with two road games in conference than finish with two road games in conference. But this is also the 7th time in 8 years in the conference that NDSU has opened conference play on the road so the MVFC schedule makers don't seem to be very good at mixing it up, or willing to mix it up, from year to year.

I think the biggest beef UNI has is not only are they on the road for the first two games but against the expected top two teams. The schedules were made so long ago that I'm sure there was no intent with that but UNI really drew the short straw with that opening conference slate.

underdawg
October 5th, 2015, 09:27 AM
My SIU Dawgs can't win for losing----Our FG kicker hit a 51 yarder but he slipped TWICE on the WIU turf while attempting TWO chip shots of 24 and 28 yards and so we missed out on 6 points--We get the interception at end of game but couldn't get ONE First Down to seal it---gave i back to WIU and they completed a tough 60 yard pass that went RIGHT THROUGH the hands of the SIU defender---oh well

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2015, 09:33 AM
What I hate about being on the road 2 times to start the season is that we piss away a potential large crowd for homecoming. we will have 2 games that we could have had bigger draws traded for 2 cold games at the end of the season that will have me, 200 other people and some crickets in attendance

ST_Lawson
October 5th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Scheduling - I think everyone has areas in the schedule that end up being tough. For us, it seems like nearly every year we finish the season at home. That ends up being the first weekend of thanksgiving break when all the students have left. The last time we had more than 4k fans at our last home game was back in 2010 (last time we made the playoffs) and last year we didn't even hit 2k fans.

We do start the conference season with two home games, but we don't play MSU this year and we have UNI, ISUr, and NDSU all on the road this year, so that's not going to be easy. That's just how the conference is. There's just so many good teams that you're going to have to end up playing at least some of them on the road every year and some years you'll play most of them on the road. We finish out against SDSU at home, but again...first weekend of thanksgiving break. If we're not in the playoff hunt at that point, we likely won't have 4k fans there either, so it'll probably feel like SDSU fans outnumber the WIU fans.

UNIFanSince1983
October 5th, 2015, 09:49 AM
When the conference is this tough everyone is going to have a tough schedule or feel like they got the raw end of some deal.

We were just unlucky enough this year to have a tough OOC, and then have 3 of our first 4 conference games on the road against ISUr, NDSU and SDSU respectively. It is a grinder of a schedule for anyone in the MVFC this year no matter what.

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2015, 09:50 AM
And im sure there will be some sort of a swing that changes everything that we will also bitch about.

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2015, 10:04 AM
When the conference is this tough everyone is going to have a tough schedule or feel like they got the raw end of some deal.

We were just unlucky enough this year to have a tough OOC, and then have 3 of our first 4 conference games on the road against ISUr, NDSU and SDSU respectively. It is a grinder of a schedule for anyone in the MVFC this year no matter what.

last year we went Home home road with UNI, ISUr and NDSU to start conference play.

centennial
October 5th, 2015, 10:10 AM
My SIU Dawgs can't win for losing----Our FG kicker hit a 51 yarder but he slipped TWICE on the WIU turf while attempting TWO chip shots of 24 and 28 yards and so we missed out on 6 points--We get the interception at end of game but couldn't get ONE First Down to seal it---gave i back to WIU and they completed a tough 60 yard pass that went RIGHT THROUGH the hands of the SIU defender---oh well
SIU is probably the best 3 loss team in the FCS. Lot of close losses.

clenz
October 5th, 2015, 10:11 AM
You still get 4 home games and 4 road games in conference. If given the choice I'd rather start with two road games in conference than finish with two road games in conference. But this is also the 7th time in 8 years in the conference that NDSU has opened conference play on the road so the MVFC schedule makers don't seem to be very good at mixing it up, or willing to mix it up, from year to year.

I think the biggest beef UNI has is not only are they on the road for the first two games but against the expected top two teams. The schedules were made so long ago that I'm sure there was no intent with that but UNI really drew the short straw with that opening conference slate.
The issue is that the MVFC can bend UNI over when it comes to scheduling balance because, unlike the schools to the east of us, we aren't afraid of traveling. It's been this way every single year since the Dakota's joined the conference.

Because of the "1 trip west" bull **** UNI is going to be forced to play ISUr, SDSU, and NDSU on the road in the same year every time until one of them drops off the schedule because of the rotation. I think we drop ISUr before either XDSU.

2010 was the last time we opened conference play at home. Then played 4 of the next 5 on the road.
2007 opened at home and went on the road for 2 of the next 3.
2006 also opened at home - next 2 on the road.
2005 3 of first 4 on the road

November home games mean little when you're put behind the 8 ball record wise by week 4 of conference play. Especially because those road games against NDSU, SDSU and ISUr are pretty much always 3 of the first 5 conference games.

I'll do some numbers, but I'd bet the home win% in conference play is pretty crazy high. So to start on the road with 3 road games in the first 5 year after year after year is/can be a great disadvantage.

Again, we can thank ISUb, ISUr and YSU for not wanting to travel for a lot of this though

BisonFan02
October 5th, 2015, 10:15 AM
The issue is that the MVFC can bend UNI over when it comes to scheduling balance because, unlike the schools to the east of us, we aren't afraid of traveling. It's been this way every single year since the Dakota's joined the conference.

Because of the "1 trip west" bull **** UNI is going to be forced to play ISUr, SDSU, and NDSU on the road in the same year every time until one of them drops off the schedule because of the rotation. I think we drop ISUr before either XDSU.

2010 was the last time we opened conference play at home. Then played 4 of the next 5 on the road.
2007 opened at home and went on the road for 2 of the next 3.
2006 also opened at home - next 2 on the road.
2005 3 of first 4 on the road

November home games mean little when you're put behind the 8 ball record wise by week 4 of conference play. Especially because those road games against NDSU, SDSU and ISUr are pretty much always 3 of the first 5 conference games.

I'll do some numbers, but I'd bet the home win% in conference play is pretty crazy high. So to start on the road with 3 road games in the first 5 year after year after year is/can be a great disadvantage.

Again, we can thank ISUb, ISUr and YSU for not wanting to travel for a lot of this though

Send YSU to the CAA....ISUb can suck my balls...Missouri St. can join the Sunbelt...Summit League Football...PuMp iT uP BiTcHeS!!!!! :D

ysubigred
October 5th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Send YSU to the CAA....ISUb can suck my balls...Missouri St. can join the Sunbelt...Summit League Football...PuMp iT uP BiTcHeS!!!!! :D

Tell us how you really feel xlmaox

ST_Lawson
October 5th, 2015, 10:19 AM
SIU is probably the best 3 loss team in the FCS. Lot of close losses.

I would definitely agree with this. Demolished a good Liberty team, lost to Big 10 Indiana (who just gave #1 Ohio State a scare) by 1 point, lost to SEMO by 3 points, lost to us by 1 point.
SIU has lost their three games by a total of 5 points, all on last-second plays. One play goes slightly more in their favor in each of those games and SIU is 4-0.

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2015, 10:34 AM

Or you can eat a dick while thanking us for letting you in at all

REALBird
October 5th, 2015, 10:36 AM

Well then. I guess we know how Sycamore62 feels.

clenz
October 5th, 2015, 10:42 AM
http://cloudfront.rtsports.com/logos/fbteam-83051-4654382-9661.jpg

REALBird
October 5th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Honestly the whole scheduling discussion is what it is! The XSDU's agreed to it when they joined the conference and it hasn't hurt NDSU much in that regard. They just keep winning.

Don't doubt that wouldn't be the case if the XSDU's and the XDU's joined the Big Fluffy then what would we be talking about? How we let good schools get away? Damned if you let them join, damned if you let them get away.

Seems that for all the blame going around toward ISUr, ISUb, and YSU. UNI, MSU, WIU, MSU and I do believe South Dakota who joined earlier than the XSDU's did have a say in the matter. That's at minimum 4-5 school voting block to accept them without the blessings of the other 3 AD's.

So Clenz, are you aware how many votes were required to add those schools? Seems either your AD or maybe the other two Illinois schools gave in as well to better the conference.

clenz
October 5th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Honestly the whole scheduling discussion is what it is! The XSDU's agreed to it when they joined the conference and it hasn't hurt NDSU much in that regard. They just keep winning.

Don't doubt that wouldn't be the case if the XSDU's and the XDU's joined the Big Fluffy then what would we be talking about? How we let good schools get away? Damned if you let them join, damned if you let them get away.

Seems that for all the blame going around toward ISUr, ISUb, and YSU. UNI, MSU, WIU, MSU and I do believe South Dakota who joined earlier than the XSDU's did have a say in the matter. That's at minimum 4-5 school voting block to accept them without the blessings of the other 3 AD's.

So Clenz, are you aware how many votes were required to add those schools? Seems either your AD or maybe the other two Illinois schools gave in as well to better the conference.
UNI, MSU and MSU were going to vote for the XDSU's no matter what. The conference badly needed teams and the XDSU's were going to be good - though I don't know anyone thought NDSU this good.

USD was 2 years after the XDSU's....so...get that story straight.

The only way ISUb, ISUr, SIU and YSU would agree to the XDSU's was they wouldn't have to go east of Cedar Falls more than once per year. The same requirement was required for when USD was added in 2010

UNI, MSU, and WIU didn't "give in" to anything. There was nothing to give in too. The Gateway could have sided would ISUx2, SIU and YSU and stayed at 7 teams on the door step of complete oblivion as a conference OR allow the cheap/broke Illinois schools their petty little travel agreement.

We are seeing the same thing in the MVC with the conference tournament. It's why it won't leave St. Louis and will drive WSU (and part of the reason Creighton left) out of the conference. WSU has double the miles of anyone else (sans MSU) to get to St Louis, brings 3-4 times the number of fans of any one (UNI is the only one that's been close and it's still been about a 1.5/2:1 ratio). The Illinois schools threw a complete **** fit they wouldn't be able to bus to the conference tournament.

Same reason Loyola got the nod over Belmont or Murray State - bus trips. It's a well known fact that the Illinois schools are broke and don't want to spend money on travel. WIU doesn't give a **** (the smallest of the budgets, which is what makes it crazy) because they do it anyway.

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Well then. I guess we know how Sycamore62 feels.

wow, i guess i got sideways quick

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2015, 11:09 AM
UNI, MSU and MSU were going to vote for the XDSU's no matter what. The conference badly needed teams and the XDSU's were going to be good - though I don't know anyone thought NDSU this good.

USD was 2 years after the XDSU's....so...get that story straight.

The only way ISUb, ISUr, SIU and YSU would agree to the XDSU's was they wouldn't have to go east of Cedar Falls more than once per year. The same requirement was required for when USD was added in 2010

UNI, MSU, and WIU didn't "give in" to anything. There was nothing to give in too. The Gateway could have sided would ISUx2, SIU and YSU and stayed at 7 teams on the door step of complete oblivion as a conference OR allow the cheap/broke Illinois schools their petty little travel agreement.

We are seeing the same thing in the MVC with the conference tournament. It's why it won't leave St. Louis and will drive WSU (and part of the reason Creighton left) out of the conference. WSU has double the miles of anyone else (sans MSU) to get to St Louis, brings 3-4 times the number of fans of any one (UNI is the only one that's been close and it's still been about a 1.5/2:1 ratio). The Illinois schools threw a complete **** fit they wouldn't be able to bus to the conference tournament.

Same reason Loyola got the nod over Belmont or Murray State - bus trips. It's a well known fact that the Illinois schools are broke and don't want to spend money on travel. WIU doesn't give a **** (the smallest of the budgets, which is what makes it crazy) because they do it anyway.

and then almost immediately, we were going to the Dakotas 2 times in a year.

clenz
October 5th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Ain't that some ****?

All the protesting that happened with UNI/WIU getting stuck in the middle and no one did the rotation to figure out it couldn't happen.

Though I think the rotation is set up for the eastern schools to have 2 trips every other year for one, maybe two, rotations then drop to 1.

AmsterBison
October 5th, 2015, 11:18 AM

Ha! Penguin fans and Bison fans have some similarities. Every year are OC is called an idiot because of play calling. This year, the complaints are more about moving away from the power run (which, yes, is disconcerting because it's new) but, cripes, it's working.

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Ain't that some ****?

All the protesting that happened with UNI/WIU getting stuck in the middle and no one did the rotation to figure out it couldn't happen.

Though I think the rotation is set up for the eastern schools to have 2 trips every other year for one, maybe two, rotations then drop to 1.

I dont personally mind, im just saying if they made that deal to get them in, they immediately broke it so maybe we arent killing your schedule. Id rather play closer games so i could make road trips but I dont care how far the team goes when i cant make it.

any idea how much more a flight is than a bus ride?

I'd say there is a strong possibility that nobody that matters in the decision making process actually cares about this.

clenz
October 5th, 2015, 11:28 AM
I dont personally mind, im just saying if they made that deal to get them in, they immediately broke it so maybe we arent killing your schedule. Id rather play closer games so i could make road trips but I dont care how far the team goes when i cant make it.

any idea how much more a flight is than a bus ride?

I'd say there is a strong possibility that nobody that matters in the decision making process actually cares about this.
I think anyone who believed it was possible to do avoid every single rotation, with USD in the conference, was delusional. I'll see if I can find some old articles. The deal may have been you don't travel east twice a year for more than 1 or 2 rotations - in other words Indiana State wouldn't go to SDSU and USD every other year for 4 sets of rotations (8 years).

That deal may have been thrown out the window when USD came in, because at that point it's impossible to not go west without having one of them off your schedule.

I haven't broken rotations down (I have no idea who UNI misses starting next year...but I have a hunch it's ISUr...I think I remember reading that) but it may be tied to a two rotation deal now.

Thundar
October 5th, 2015, 11:38 AM
I think anyone who believed it was possible to do avoid every single rotation, with USD in the conference, was delusional. I'll see if I can find some old articles. The deal may have been you don't travel east twice a year for more than 1 or 2 rotations - in other words Indiana State wouldn't go to SDSU and USD every other year for 4 sets of rotations (8 years).

That deal may have been thrown out the window when USD came in, because at that point it's impossible to not go west without having one of them off your schedule.

I haven't broken rotations down (I have no idea who UNI misses starting next year...but I have a hunch it's ISUr...I think I remember reading that) but it may be tied to a two rotation deal now.

NDSU first skipped WIU for 2 years, we are in year 2 with ISU-R this year, and starting next year it is SIU. I don't think the conference schedules are done past that that I can find

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2015, 11:42 AM
well, our rotation is skipping USD with a couple teams that need(ed) every possible break to make the playoffs.

so that bit us in the ass a little

BisonFan02
October 5th, 2015, 12:22 PM
The east schools only play 2 of the Dakotas in any given year I believe (or as close to it as possible)....our SIU turn is the next two seasons...would have to look who SDSU and USD has off of their schedules as well.

EDIT:

Just looked....SDSU misses ISUb and USD misses Missouri St. (seems odd?) for the following 2 seasons...don't have time to see the home/away split....being lazy.

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Based on the new AGS poll there's 3 top 16 matchups on the conference slate this weekend:

#9 Northern Iowa at #1 North Dakota St
#11 Youngstown St at #5 Illinois St
#16 Indiana St at #8 South Dakota St

Let the conference cannibalization continue!

BisonFan02
October 5th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Based on the new AGS poll there's 3 top 16 matchups on the conference slate this weekend:

#9 Northern Iowa at #1 North Dakota St
#11 Youngstown St at #5 Illinois St
#16 Indiana St at #9 South Dakota St

Let the conference cannibalization continue!

Slot voting homie......we are all going down. :D

ST_Lawson
October 5th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Western skipped:
NDSU in '12/'13 (got pretty lucky there)
MSU in '14/'15 (making up for the previous luck)
YSU in '16/'17

For reference, what we currently have on our schedule for next year in conference is:
10/1 @ SDSU
10/8 vs ISUb
10/15 @ MSU
10/22 vs NDSU
10/29 @ USD
11/5 vs ISUr
11/12 vs UNI
11/19 @ SIU

EDIT:
From what everyone else has said, it looks like the '16/'17 "skips" are...
WIU & YSU
NDSU & SIU
SDSU & ISUb
USD & MSU
UNI & ISUr

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2015, 02:25 PM
ISUb had a rotation that skipped UNI. took 3 trips to dakota in 2 years

ysubigred
October 6th, 2015, 07:01 AM
ISUb had a rotation that skipped UNI. took 3 trips to dakota in 2 years

Hmm, Don't know what you're bitching about,, YSU had to go to the Fartgo dome 2 years in a row plus we're a few hundred miles farther than ISU(b). xeyebrowx

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Hmm, Don't know what you're bitching about,, YSU had to go to the Fartgo dome 2 years in a row plus we're a few hundred miles farther than ISU(b). xeyebrowx

Im not bitching

at all

I dont care how far we travel if I'm not making the trip to the game

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2015, 08:44 AM
We travel to the Fargodome every year. And we have to walk there up hill both ways through 4 feet of snow. ;) xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
October 6th, 2015, 08:50 AM
We travel to the Fargodome every year. And we have to walk there up hill both ways through 4 feet of snow. ;) xthumbsupx

Bull**** xlolx

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2015, 08:57 AM

It's about 30 blocks from campus to our stadium (we practice there too). That kind of sucked for a guy with no car.

How many other teams in the conference have Stadiums or practice fields that arent close to campus. I never noticed when I was playing and that was before the Dakotas were in the conference. As a matter in fact, it might be before they were states.

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2015, 08:59 AM
and I think I could from where I live in Charleston to WIU, SIU, ISUr and ISUb without ever going up or down a hill

BisonFan02
October 6th, 2015, 09:02 AM
It's about 30 blocks from campus to our stadium (we practice there too). That kind of sucked for a guy with no car.

How many other teams in the conference have Stadiums or practice fields that arent close to campus. I never noticed when I was playing and that was before the Dakotas were in the conference. As a matter in fact, it might be before they were states.

Someone will have to help me with pictures (I know they are out there...) but some of the facilities the Bison use (weightroom, practice field/indoor field, the Fargodome football offices etc) are all a decent enough distance apart that a lot of the players ride scooters....some even in pairs xlolx its kinda become a weird tradition with the team...

clenz
October 6th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Bull**** xlolx
This one time, in Fargo, I thought I saw a hill....

Turns out it was just the side of the zoo built up to keep the animals in.

ysubigred
October 6th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Im not bitching

at all

I dont care how far we travel if I'm not making the trip to the game

xembarrassedx
Sorry,, xdrunkyx

ST_Lawson
October 6th, 2015, 10:20 AM
and I think I could from where I live in Charleston to WIU, SIU, ISUr and ISUb without ever going up or down a hill

First hill you'd run into heading our way would probably be the one our campus is on. It's not a big hill, but it is a hill.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Did the joke really fly over heads?

It just seemed like everyone got in a measuring contest about who had it worse. I went with the old stand by of the old timer who goes back in my day we walked to school bit.

unigriff
October 6th, 2015, 10:50 AM

It just seemed like everyone got in a measuring contest about who had it worse. I went with the old stand by of the old timer who goes back in my day we walked to school bit.

hey those 10 miles in a blizzard uphill both ways was insane! Put me in the best shape of my life tho!

Thumper 76
October 6th, 2015, 11:08 AM

We've had to go to fargo twice in one year a couple times now.......

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2015, 11:49 AM

i got it.

clearly we have it worse. we had an AD who thought she could drop football by cutting funding and everyone would just give up.

Winindy
October 6th, 2015, 12:53 PM
We've had to go to fargo twice in one year a couple times now.......

SDSU fans should be UND fans this year.

Yote 53
October 6th, 2015, 01:28 PM
This one time, in Fargo, I thought I saw a hill....

Turns out it was just the side of the zoo built up to keep the animals in.

So you have been to the zoo in Fargo.

Bisonator
October 6th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Fargo has a hill. It's man made out of garbage. http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_770/public/fieldimages/32/1024/0421-futureoftrash2.jpg?itok=8mRoIL6x

PantherRob82
October 6th, 2015, 02:27 PM

Why? So they can play them in the first round before heading to Fargo?

clenz
October 6th, 2015, 03:03 PM
So you have been to the zoo in Fargo.
No. Some hotel with a view of it on a business trip a few years ago.

I've tailgated and been to bars in Fargo...I assume the zoo is the same but with a better smell, less feces on the floor and less hair...

Yote 53
October 6th, 2015, 04:25 PM
No. Some hotel with a view of it on a business trip a few years ago.

I've tailgated and been to bars in Fargo...I assume the zoo is the same but with a better smell, less feces on the floor and less hair...

I was implying by my post that you had at least seen the zoo as it is adjacent to the only hill in Fargo, or maybe it was the highway overpass, can't quite remember. I just know the zoo is near Southwest Arena as I have driven by it a ton of times.

The only "hills" in Fargo are highway overpasses. That place is as flat as (something that will get me banned).

clenz
October 6th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Yeah, there was a sign over it that said something about it being the zoo.

I'll track the hotel down tonight and see if I can get a good google view of it

Scooter
October 6th, 2015, 06:50 PM

cant understand why people bitch about flying to fargo to play a game. If the airport were any closer to campus it would actually be on campus. You turn off of the airport access road and there is a sign that says welcome to NDSU.

NDSUSR
October 6th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Yeah, there was a sign over it that said something about it being the zoo.

I'll track the hotel down tonight and see if I can get a good google view of it

Staybridge or Residence Inn.

clenz
October 6th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Staybridge or Residence Inn.
It was pretty damn nice. Right next to a big softball (?) complex and a sporting good store of some kind (gander mtn?)

Twentysix
October 6th, 2015, 08:02 PM
It was pretty damn nice. Right next to a big softball (?) complex and a sporting good store of some kind (gander mtn?)

And sonic, Fargo's most famous landmark.

Bison56
October 7th, 2015, 10:39 AM
And sonic, Fargo's most famous landmark.

That now belongs to Chipolte.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2015, 11:37 AM
That now belongs to Chipolte.

Meh, I prefer the fresh tortilla of Panchero's. There is a Chipotle next to every grocery store in La Jolla, I still find myself dodging it for that future trip across the city to Panchero's.

clenz
October 7th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Pancheros blows everyone else out the water.

Not even close

Bison56
October 7th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Meh, I prefer the fresh tortilla of Panchero's. There is a Chipotle next to every grocery store in La Jolla, I still find myself dodging it for that future trip across the city to Panchero's.

Or maybe its Popeyes?

Yote 53
October 7th, 2015, 11:51 AM

Yeah, right across the street (to the north) of Southwest Arena.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even close

Qdoba disagrees with that statement.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2015, 11:57 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Romos thinks all of you guys are going full retard.... :D

Twentysix
October 7th, 2015, 12:00 PM

- - - Updated - - -

...no

Twentysix
October 7th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Romos thinks all of you guys are going full retard.... :D

Meh the only positive of that place was the arroz con leche... and they didn't consistently make it.

clenz
October 7th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Qdoba is terrible.

Cedar Falls had a Qdoba open across the street from Pancheros in Spring 2012. It was run out of business and closed by Summer 2013.

clenz
October 7th, 2015, 12:11 PM

That's the one.

Here's a street view of the "hill"

https://www.google.com/maps/@46.8451582,-96.8561565,3a,75y,51.67h,80.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqCjO_5lGHVe41KcgppvkUg!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

If you look closely you can see it.

jacksfan29
October 7th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Or maybe its Popeyes?

Popeyes in La Jolla?

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Qdoba is terrible.

Cedar Falls had a Qdoba open across the street from Pancheros in Spring 2012. It was run out of business and closed by Summer 2013.

I don't know if Qdoba is closed or not, but I've eaten there in the past year.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2015, 12:49 PM
I don't know if Qdoba is closed or not, but I've eaten there in the past year.

Who was established first, Qdoba or Pancheros?

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Who was established first, Qdoba or Pancheros?

Pancheros

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Pancheros

Well....that settles it. :D **** Qdoba

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Man there is room out there for every burrito place. I love them all. Chipotle, Qdoba, Pancheros, and Pablo's (Cedar Falls only). I could eat all of them any time. If there wasn't one I would go to the other. I don't discriminate like some of you in my preference for a good burrito.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Man there is room out there for every burrito place. I love them all. Chipotle, Qdoba, Pancheros, and Pablo's (Cedar Falls only). I could eat all of them any time. If there wasn't one I would go to the other. I don't discriminate like some of you in my preference for a good burrito.

Panchero's is the master race of burrito places. Deal with it. I suppose you could say that Panchero's is the NDSU of burrito places, all they do is win.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Anyone else ever heard of La Bambas? The one here closed about 10 years ago or so. It was tragic.

dewey
October 7th, 2015, 01:10 PM

Not even close

You dang right Clenz!!! I hate that they only have a few in the Twin Cities.

Steak burrito, black beans, white rice, queso cheese mixed in, hot sauce, sour cream, shredded cheese and having it all mixed up. Oh yeah!

Dewey

Twentysix
October 7th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Popeyes in La Jolla?

Man there isn't jack **** for fast food in La Jolla. There is a McDonalds and that's about it. This place is too uppity for fast food.

If I go like 5 miles on Miramar Rd I hit some crappy options like BK Carls Jr and KFC... I was out closer to the desert other day (way ****tier property values) and I hit some model homes starting at $2 million... the insane wealth out here makes people anti-fast food.

ST_Lawson
October 7th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Damn you all...now I want a burrito and the nearest place is nearly 2 hours away.

BTW, I think this is about as far off the rails I think I've ever seen a non-off topic thread go.

REALBird
October 7th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Anyone else ever heard of La Bambas? The one here closed about 10 years ago or so. It was tragic.

We still have a La Bamba's in "Uptown"" formerly Downtown Normal. We also now have two Chipotle restaurants which basically drove Q'doba out of business, and two Moe's Fresh Mex restaurants.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Can we rename this "MVFC 2015 Edition/Burrito thread"

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2015, 01:18 PM

Pablos is my jam.

Professor Chaos
October 7th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Damn you all...now I want a burrito and the nearest place is nearly 2 hours away.

BTW, I think this is about as far off the rails I think I've ever seen a non-off topic thread go.
For some reason threads involving NDSU seem to drift to food quite frequently actually...

clenz
October 7th, 2015, 01:28 PM
You dang right Clenz!!! I hate that they only have a few in the Twin Cities.

Steak burrito, black beans, white rice, queso cheese mixed in, hot sauce, sour cream, shredded cheese and having it all mixed up. Oh yeah!

Dewey
Chicken
Black beans
Rice
Queso
Shredded Cheese
Sour cream
Verde sauce
Pico de gallo
Corn

Enjoy and prepare for a nap.

You're welcome.

CappinHard
October 7th, 2015, 01:31 PM

This. Definitely this. GO ______________s!

clenz
October 7th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Pablos is my jam.
Had it about 4 times, never enjoyed it.

Tortialla is just Aztec brand they buy from HyVee and warmed up. The rice to everything else ratio is bad. The sauces are okay. You have to pay extra for sour cream.

And...worst of all...

IT'S NOT FREAKING BOB'D

Oh.....also way too hipster for me inside.

clenz
October 7th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Qdoba is okay. Better than Pablo's in Cedar Falls. If I'm in Sioux Falls or Fargo I'll go there (neither has/had Panchero's last time I was there).

It's a good back up, but it's more expensive.

The Panch should always be choice #1

CappinHard
October 7th, 2015, 01:38 PM
For some reason threads involving NDSU seem to drift to food quite frequently actually...

By the looks of Bison fans, this comment is not surprising at all. xsmiley_wix

Also, what is this Pancheros you all speak of? (Yes, I have lived in SD all my life, but I do get out of the state often, and I have never seen a Pancheros or heard of it)

Bison56
October 7th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Chicken
Black beans
Rice
Queso
Shredded Cheese
Sour cream
Verde sauce
Pico de gallo
Corn

Enjoy and prepare for a nap.

You're welcome.

Corn is the key to a great burrito.

clenz
October 7th, 2015, 01:45 PM

Also, what is this Pancheros you all speak of? (Yes, I have lived in SD all my life, but I do get out of the state often, and I have never seen a Pancheros or heard of it)
Started in Iowa City and has changed the life of anyone who has tried it

http://pancheros.com/

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4116/4815836920_ab18948123_o.jpg

BisonTru
October 7th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Qdoba is okay. Better than Pablo's in Cedar Falls. If I'm in Sioux Falls or Fargo I'll go there (neither has/had Panchero's last time I was there).

There's been a Pancheros in Moorhead for a while. I guess there's one in/near the mall as well.

I can't tell the difference. Meat, chease, beans, rice, tortilla, add whatever else your like. You could pick me up one at both Q's and Panch and I couldn't tell which is which. Devour, take nap.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2015, 01:47 PM

FM has had 2 pancheros for atleast 10 years.

One is on 13th the other is on 8th in moorhead.

clenz
October 7th, 2015, 01:54 PM
FM has had 2 pancheros for atleast 10 years.

One is on 13th the other is on 8th in moorhead.
Never been into Moorhead enough to find it

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2015, 01:55 PM
I still love Taco Bell. Mostly because back in the day I could eat 30 soft tacos 4 burrito supremes a nacho bel grande and a Mountain Dew for $3.89.

Never forget your roots

jacksfan29
October 7th, 2015, 02:02 PM

Burrito place, much like Chipotle and Q'doba (still want to call it Z-Techa). I've heard a lot about them, we had one in Montrose (1 1/2 hours away) but it closed. I don't think there are any others in Colorado.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 7th, 2015, 02:02 PM
If this were a PL thread, this burrito discussion would be celebrated. Congratulations!

Cmon down to Albuquerque if you want a good chicharron and bean burrito, smothered in green chile. When I come up your way, I stay out of the chains, if I can, and look for specialties involving pork or Maytag blue cheese, and, of course, Handel's ice cream in Youngstown.

Bisonator
October 7th, 2015, 02:03 PM
I still love Taco Bell. Mostly because back in the day I could eat 30 soft tacos 4 burrito supremes a nacho bel grande and a Mountain Dew for $3.89.

Never forget your roots

And how long did that take to kick in?xlolx

clenz
October 7th, 2015, 02:07 PM
And how long did that take to kick in?xlolx
The reason he could eat that many is about 4 tacos in they started heading out the other side to clear room.

jacksfan29
October 7th, 2015, 02:08 PM
And in Albuquerque it would be off a food truck or in some corner dive. Best Mexican is eaten on a paper plate or wrapped in foil while sitting on a curb. Best I've had in the United States, Southern Colorado (San Luis Valley) or New Mexico. Makes me want to take a road trip.

If this were a PL thread, this burrito discussion would be celebrated. Congratulations!

Cmon down to Albuquerque if you want a good chicharron and bean burrito, smothered in green chile. When I come up your way, I stay out of the chains, if I can, and look for specialties involving pork or Maytag blue cheese, and, of course, Handel's ice cream in Youngstown.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2015, 02:13 PM

Never forget your roots

Used to order 2 "six packs and a pound" from Taco Johns in my less discerning days..... xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Also.....El Pollo Loco :D

Yote 53
October 7th, 2015, 02:14 PM
In the Qdoba v Panchero's v Chipolte debate.

I first ate at Chipolte back in the 90's before it went franchise at the location across from the Denver U campus. First time I have ever had a burrito like that, it was glorious.

Panchero's in Iowa Bleeping City is a must after a day of tailgating, football game, then bar hopping. Honestly, don't even remember eating hter. I've been to the one in Sioux City a few times and it is good.

Qdoba's is a regular stop on road trips to the Twin Cities. Generally hit the one in Shakopee while on the way out of town on Sundays. They've gone to smothered burritos and it is a game changer.

Truth be told there is a place for each of these places and I would not turn any of them down.

Now let's get down to some real business:

Jimmy John's vs Herbert's & Gerbert's vs Jersey Mike's vs Firehouse Subs.........go!

Yote 53
October 7th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Used to order 2 "six packs and a pound" from Taco Johns in my less discerning days..... xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Also.....El Pollo Loco :D

Yeah, I'll have a Six Pack & Pound, Super Buritto, a double order of Mexi-Rolls, and a Churro. What? Taco Bravos are on special today? Yeah, I'll have one of those too.

^^^^Standard order when I was trying to keep weight on back in the playing days.

Thumper 76
October 7th, 2015, 02:37 PM
This. Definitely this. GO ______________s!

Whoa, bro, CTFD. We're talking burritos and Mexican food now, don't thread drift us off track xlolx

Also, La Juanitas in Storm Lake and Sioux City are pretty bomb places to eat.

Grizalltheway
October 7th, 2015, 02:39 PM

Yeah, the Midwestern obsession with chains never ceases to befuddle me.

clenz
October 7th, 2015, 02:42 PM
I'd hardly consider Panch a chain...though by the strictest definition of it, I guess it is.

CappinHard
October 7th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Whoa, bro, CTFD. We're talking burritos and Mexican food now, don't thread drift us off track xlolx

Also, La Juanitas in Storm Lake and Sioux City are pretty bomb places to eat.

Speaking of burritos, anyone ever try Taco Express in Brookings? It's in the BP gas station by the interstate. It's good, not great, but you get enough food to satisfy even the largest of bison fans. Definitely worth giving it a shot if you're in town.

BisonTru
October 7th, 2015, 02:51 PM

Completely agree. F-M dining is nothing but franchises, cuz that's what we support. Sucks.

semobison
October 7th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Taco-del-mar, better than Qdoba at half the price!

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Completely agree. F-M dining is nothing but franchises, cuz that's what we support. Sucks.

Oh bull****....just gotta go looking for the good stuff. xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
October 7th, 2015, 03:02 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'll hit Taco J's and some other chains if it's convenient, but I always prefer to support local places, whether it's at home or while traveling.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'll hit Taco J's and some other chains if it's convenient, but I always prefer to support local places, whether it's at home or while traveling.

There are plenty of great places to grab a bite in Fargo...don't let anyone tell ya otherwise. Are there a lot of chains?......yeah....but there are a lot of gems too.

Trumpster
October 7th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Sorry for jumping late here but can we all agree that Chipotle is mediocre at best? Seriously whomever loves that place must have never been anywhere else.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2015, 03:11 PM
I'll take a steak grilled by me with a ton of mushrooms on it over any burrito!!!!

Get my fill of Tex-Mex when I'm in SE TX.

Awesome thread drift!

REALBird
October 7th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Had a pretty decent burrito at some place called "Illegal Burrito" in NOLA. Maybe I was just tired of seafood and creole/Cajun food but it was pretty decent. But my memory is sketchy at best. Anyone else ever had this place. Located in Mississippi, and Louisiana for the most part.

REALBird
October 7th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Right now some fan from the Big Fluffy is trolling the MVFC thread going, "those Midwesterners and their chain burritos." We've given up smack talk and our glorification of the best FCS football conference in America for warm flour tortillas, stuffed with some variation of meats, cheese, pico, guac, sour cream, jalapenos and rice. Welp......off to get me a burrito.

BisonTru
October 7th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Oh bull****....just gotta go looking for the good stuff. xthumbsupx

Coulda worded it better, mostly franchises. I've lived here for 13 years I know about the gems just wish there was more of them.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I'll have a Six Pack & Pound, Super Buritto, a double order of Mexi-Rolls, and a Churro. What? Taco Bravos are on special today? Yeah, I'll have one of those too.

^^^^Standard order when I was trying to keep weight on back in the playing days.

While playing at ISUb, the form cafeterias were closed on the weekend (maybe one was open) so they took our food credits at the student union where there was taco bell (and a pizza hut or Burger King) and since the credits were covered by your scholarship so we dominated that multiple times each weekend.

I couldnt tell if it was the food or the unreal amounts of alcohol that caused all of the digestion issues.

Yote 53
October 7th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Midwesterners obsess with chains because they are smart and frugal about their money. While travelling you often times have no idea what you are going to get when you dine somewhere. I don't trust the health dept in some states. Going to a chain restaurant you know what to expect every time. Now, if I know a local and can get a recommendation on a place that is not a chain I am there right away. Personally, I am not a fan of chain restaurants but I do understand why people go to them.

Ironically, Vermillion is always rated low on these college food surveys because of its lack of chain food options, however, Vermillion is home to a ton of mom & pop dining options that are really good.

Since my sub shop comments did not inspire yet another drift in this thread how about this. Best pizza joint? I am partial to Red's Savoy while up in the Cities. Carbones, Sarpino's, and Chanticlear are also pretty good. Green Mill pizza is good if you are in a pinch and you have a Green Mill restaurant in one of the Minnesota/Dakotas towns you might be travelling in. Green Mill can be a good option when in Fargo but I prefer to order from Deek's. If you are in Vermillion then the only place to order from is R-Pizza, well unless you love the chewy goodness of a Casey's pizza. Casey's pizza, BTW, is probably the most popular pizza option in Iowa. Every small town has a Casey's and it is an excellent option for some good pie.

Yote 53
October 7th, 2015, 03:37 PM
If there is an option other than Deek's in Fargo I would like to know as I will be travelling twice up there this winter. Once to Fargo and once to Moorhead, though I anticipate we will probably be staying in Fargo for that trip. I need the inside scoop on some good places to go in Fargo, other than Happy Harry's Bottle Shop.

Grizalltheway
October 7th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Right now some fan from the Big Fluffy is trolling the MVFC thread going, "those Midwesterners and their chain burritos." We've given up smack talk and our glorification of the best FCS football conference in America for warm flour tortillas, stuffed with some variation of meats, cheese, pico, guac, sour cream, jalapenos and rice. Welp......off to get me a burrito.

Trolling? Not really, I just like food and talking about food. Also beer.

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Who would have guessed there are actual good games going on this week?

jacksfan29
October 7th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Its only Wednesday, the game talk can wait.

Besides, the second we begin talking FB this thread will be hijacked with Bison v UNI trash talking.

Who would have guessed there are actual good games going on this week?

underdawg
October 7th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Eight MVFC teams in initial Gridiron Power Index (GPI)--

1. Bison

2. Il State

4. YSU

7.SDSU

8.UNI

13. (Tie) WIU/ Montana

19. (Tie) Ind State/ Villanova

21. SIU!

Do we get a participation ribbon at the end of the year?

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2015, 03:57 PM
UNI offense is so mismanaged the Bison will win by 17 or more. #TrashTalk

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Sorry I got us off track there. We can continue the burrito talk.

For those of you who will be making a trip to Cedar Falls this year, and love burritos I would suggest going to Pablo's on Main Street. That place is the best!

BisoNick
October 7th, 2015, 04:01 PM
There are plenty of great places to grab a bite in Fargo...don't let anyone tell ya otherwise. Are there a lot of chains?......yeah....but there are a lot of gems too.

On the topic of burritos, Mexican, and non-chains, Mangos is a GREAT Mexican food joint. It is the most underrated restaurant in Fargo by far IMO.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2015, 04:02 PM
UNI offense is so mismanaged the Bison will win by 17 or more. #TrashTalk

Kollmorgen would be a better option versus the Bison IMO.

Calling plays at the line will be tough for UNI. The dome is going to be really loud.

Professor Chaos
October 7th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Its only Wednesday, the game talk can wait.

Besides, the second we begin talking FB this thread will be hijacked with Bison v UNI trash talking.
Well, let's get it started then!

Mark Farley pays for Tinder!

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Kollmorgen would be a better option versus the Bison IMO.

Calling plays at the line will be tough for UNI. The dome is going to be really loud.

That means we will have Bailey at QB and have him walk up and down the line of scrimmage telling each individual player the play.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 7th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Since my sub shop comments did not inspire yet another drift in this thread how about this. Best pizza joint? I am partial to Red's Savoy while up in the Cities. Carbones, Sarpino's, and Chanticlear are also pretty good. Green Mill pizza is good if you are in a pinch and you have a Green Mill restaurant in one of the Minnesota/Dakotas towns you might be travelling in. Green Mill can be a good option when in Fargo but I prefer to order from Deek's. If you are in Vermillion then the only place to order from is R-Pizza, well unless you love the chewy goodness of a Casey's pizza. Casey's pizza, BTW, is probably the most popular pizza option in Iowa. Every small town has a Casey's and it is an excellent option for some good pie.

Youngstown is a serious pizza town. There are at least a half dozen different pizzas which locals almost demand you try. Everyone has at least one favorite. Most of them began as neighborhood joints, but a few now have opened more locations. The last time we were in town we ate at the Avalon-Downtown, close to campus and the stadium. The closest Uptown Pizza is the original shop on Belmont, north of campus. Belleria has a location just north of campus on Wick Ave. There's more, but my Y-town expert has left the building. I can recall a good pizza at little place just to the east of campus... it is like that. And someone from Youngstown should explain a 'Briar Hill'. I am East Coast pizza snob but Youngstown is a good substitute for Hartford-New Haven.

Milkman
October 7th, 2015, 05:06 PM
If there is an option other than Deek's in Fargo I would like to know as I will be travelling twice up there this winter. Once to Fargo and once to Moorhead, though I anticipate we will probably be staying in Fargo for that trip. I need the inside scoop on some good places to go in Fargo, other than Happy Harry's Bottle Shop.
Check your PMs.

The Yo Show
October 7th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Youngstown is a serious pizza town. There are at least a half dozen different pizzas which locals almost demand you try. Everyone has at least one favorite. Most of them began as neighborhood joints, but a few now have opened more locations. The last time we were in town we ate at the Avalon-Downtown, close to campus and the stadium. The closest Uptown Pizza is the original shop on Belmont, north of campus. Belleria has a location just north of campus on Wick Ave. There's more, but my Y-town expert has left the building. I can recall a good pizza at little place just to the east of campus... it is like that. And someone from Youngstown should explain a 'Briar Hill'. I am East Coast pizza snob but Youngstown is a good substitute for Hartford-New Haven.

A Briar Hill pizza is a pizza made with a traditional Italian pasta sauce as the red sauce, and then green peppers and Romano cheese. Its really good. You should try it. Sadly, a YSU campus gem, UPIE is now closed. There are still two pizza places on campus though: Inner circle Pizza and well slightly off campus is Beleria.

If you like Italian food, in the greater Youngstown area there are ALOT of great Italian restaurants. Of course, we have Handels icecream too. In terms of chains, Arby's originated in Youngstown.

ST_Lawson
October 7th, 2015, 05:13 PM
In Macomb we don't have any straight burrito places, but we've got a couple of really decent regular Mexican restaurants. I've spent a week in ABQ a few years back and the only things they did better than what we have are the chili sauce (green vs red) and sopapillas with honey.

Daved
October 7th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Youngstown is a serious pizza town. There are at least a half dozen different pizzas which locals almost demand you try. Everyone has at least one favorite. Most of them began as neighborhood joints, but a few now have opened more locations. The last time we were in town we ate at the Avalon-Downtown, close to campus and the stadium. The closest Uptown Pizza is the original shop on Belmont, north of campus. Belleria has a location just north of campus on Wick Ave. There's more, but my Y-town expert has left the building. I can recall a good pizza at little place just to the east of campus... it is like that. And someone from Youngstown should explain a 'Briar Hill'. I am East Coast pizza snob but Youngstown is a good substitute for Hartford-New Haven.You are correct--Youngstown is a very serious pizza town--it's hard to have only one favorite as there are so many different recipes that have outstanding taste.A "Brier Hill" is a different style of pizza with very thick sauce,bell peppers,and Romano cheese instead of the standard mozzarella.This style was brought over from Italy to a section of Youngstown's "Little Italy" neighborhood that was known as Brier Hill. Sorry YO SHOW--I didn't see your post until later.xembarrassedx

The Yo Show
October 7th, 2015, 05:28 PM
No worries Daved

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2015, 05:55 PM
On the pizza side of things for Fargo.......granted, pizza is like getting a blowjob...its hard to find a "bad" pizza...but after living out east for a few years...pizza in Fargo is a sad state of affairs...miss my REAL NY style pizza.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2015, 06:18 PM
In Cedar Falls I recommend Little Caesars. It's great Detroit style pizza.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2015, 06:20 PM
If you make the trip to Terre Haute try the Ballyhoo/Pizza King. It was my 2nd home during and after college.

In Charleston everyone loves Pagliai's.

FargoBison
October 7th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Jimmy John's vs Herbert's & Gerbert's vs Jersey Mike's vs Firehouse Subs.........go!

None of those are how you spell Potbelly

Duanes is much better than Deeks. Rhombus Guys is another option. Other then pizza, the Wurst Bier Hall in downtown is cool.

mmiller_34
October 7th, 2015, 06:38 PM
A couple of local pizza joints for Brookings -- George's & Pizza King. George's has a variety of different, unique, style pizza's and while the bar's are open they have a walk-up window for those bar hoppers. Pizza King is your classic greasy pizza, good in its own right but nothing special. I think I've been there once.

REALBird
October 7th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Ooooooh Pizza!

Normal (local) consists of Tobin's Pizza, and the old Micheleo's which used to be in Uptown/Downtown Normal.

CJ's at the old Airport, and Stoffa's Pizza do a pretty good Chicago Deep Dish imitation.

Desthil at the old College Hills Mall does specialty pizzas (Italian Beef Pizza, Chimichirri Shrimp Pizza). Luca Grill downtown Bloomington.

But for that authentic Chicago Style Deep Dish can't go wrong with Rosati's Pizza in North Normal, or Bloomington by Eastland Mall.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Ooooooh Pizza!

Normal (local) consists of Tobin's Pizza, and the old Micheleo's which used to be in Uptown/Downtown Normal.

CJ's at the old Airport, and Stoffa's Pizza do a pretty good Chicago Deep Dish imitation.

Desthil at the old College Hills Mall does specialty pizzas (Italian Beef Pizza, Chimichirri Shrimp Pizza). Luca Grill downtown Bloomington.

But for that authentic Chicago Style Deep Dish can't go wrong with Rosati's Pizza in North Normal, or Bloomington by Eastland Mall.

That isn't pizza. xlolx

REALBird
October 7th, 2015, 08:39 PM
That isn't pizza. xlolx

Beauty is in the belly of the beholder! You must be a NY Style guy?

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Beauty is in the belly of the beholder! You must be a NY Style guy?

Got me there...don't get me wrong, I like some Chicago style stuff...just struggle with how that is a "pizza" :D

clenz
October 7th, 2015, 09:05 PM
You're all wrong

It's Imo's in St Louis...

Nothing comes close. Hell, they invented their own cheese for it.

Drblankstare
October 7th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Most people I know in Fargo swear by Duanes or Rhombus. I also know some people who really love Spicy Pie, which I don't quite understand but to each their own I guess.

penguinpower
October 7th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Youngstown's sister city is Salerno, Italy. The recipes' are from the old country with some American flair. It is authentic and should be part of the experience when visiting.

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Only been a resident of Lincoln for a couple of weeks now, but Yia Yias here is amazing pizza! Maybe the best I've ever had. It is really thin crust though so not for everyone.

Geno's East in Chicago is the best Chicago style I have ever had.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Most people I know in Fargo swear by Duanes or Rhombus. I also know some people who really love Spicy Pie, which I don't quite understand but to each their own I guess.

Spicy Pie is dog**** pizza for local wannabe hipsters to act "urban"/like New Yorkers and order pizza by the slice...I genuinely don't know why people like the stuff and I'm offended it is tried to be passed as NY style pizza. xlolx

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2015, 01:33 AM
You're all wrong
It's Imo's in St Louis...

Nothing comes close. Hell, they invented their own cheese for it.

Can only eat that after its been in the fridge for a day or two. I truly think it's disgusting. Now if you want REAL pizza, Iowa city near the Hamburg Inn #2 is Pagliai's. Hands down best pizza I've had, including Uno, Pizza Lucé, Punch, Blackbird, and Duane's

IBleedYellow
October 8th, 2015, 02:19 AM
You all suck.

Football.

Kill the purple pansies!

Kemo
October 8th, 2015, 03:05 AM
Jake's Stadium Pizza in Mankato, MN is my favorite.

I've never tried Crack before, but I'm sure it's a similar experience to eating Jake's thin crust pizza.

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2015, 07:02 AM
Can only eat that after its been in the fridge for a day or two. I truly think it's disgusting. Now if you want REAL pizza, Iowa city near the Hamburg Inn #2 is Pagliai's. Hands down best pizza I've had, including Uno, Pizza Lucé, Punch, Blackbird, and Duane's

The is a Pagliai's in Des Moines as well. You are correct. Very very good pizza.

ysubigred
October 8th, 2015, 07:19 AM
A Briar Hill pizza is a pizza made with a traditional Italian pasta sauce as the red sauce, and then green peppers and Romano cheese. Its really good. You should try it. Sadly, a YSU campus gem, UPIE is now closed. There are still two pizza places on campus though: Inner circle Pizza and well slightly off campus is Beleria.

If you like Italian food, in the greater Youngstown area there are ALOT of great Italian restaurants. Of course, we have Handels icecream too. In terms of chains, Arby's originated in Youngstown.

Don't forget the most famous Italian of all was from Y-Town.... Chef Boyardee xdrunkyx

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Rhombus Guys is the best pizza in Fargo IMO. Blackbird is very good also. I agree with BisonFan02 on Spicy Pie, not a fan of it all and not sure why it's even in the conversation with those first two. I'd honestly rather rather eat at Pizza Hut than Spicy Pie.

And for a late night treasure chest of grease get thin crust from Pizza Patrol and Bosco sticks. WARNING: Don't order unless it's past midnight and you're in the right "frame of mind". It's just not the same, can't explain it.

clenz
October 8th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Can only eat that after its been in the fridge for a day or two. I truly think it's disgusting.
I pitty you

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2015, 08:16 AM
You all suck.

Football.

Kill the purple pansies!

No....you do! Speaking of Pizza...BisonFan02 forgot his lunch today. Looks like I'll be eating a Pizza Corner pizza at a bar next door... xlolx

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 08:49 AM
The is a Pagliai's in Des Moines as well. You are correct. Very very good pizza.

I was unaware there were other restaurants. I had to ask a lifelong local resident.

The original Jimmy Johns was here too.

penguinpower
October 8th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Football question:

I understand that Jacksonville State is getting lots of credit for taking Auburn to OT, but Auburn is an average FBS team that can play very poorly. SEC defenses have sucked for the last 3 years (evidence of this is the combined 100+point SEC championship games). Auburn now has the best of the worst QB's on their roster as the starter. The QB that played against JSU is now riding the bench and was the most incompetent QB I've seen in 10 years at least. Is JSU getting credit because they played an SEC team tough or are they really that good? I would have to think the way NDSU is playing now that JSU wouldn't be able to move the ball on them. I would like some thoughts on this so I can better understand. There was no upset, JSU lost but other FCS teams that have actual FBS wins are seemingly getting less credit.

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Football question:

I understand that Jacksonville State is getting lots of credit for taking Auburn to OT, but Auburn is an average FBS team that can play very poorly. SEC defenses have sucked for the last 3 years (evidence of this is the combined 100+point SEC championship games). Auburn now has the best of the worst QB's on their roster as the starter. The QB that played against JSU is now riding the bench and was the most incompetent QB I've seen in 10 years at least. Is JSU getting credit because they played an SEC team tough or are they really that good? I would have to think the way NDSU is playing now that JSU wouldn't be able to move the ball on them. I wpuld like some thoughts on this so I can better understand. There was no upset, JSU lost but other FCS teams that have actual FBS wins are seemingly getting less credit.

I think this is a pretty good rundown. I still say until someone can beat NDSU after Thanksgiving they are #1.

eiu1999
October 8th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Ooooooh Pizza!

Rosati's is awful.

Bison56
October 8th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Rhombus Guys is the best pizza in Fargo IMO. Blackbird is very good also. I agree with BisonFan02 on Spicy Pie, not a fan of it all and not sure why it's even in the conversation with those first two. I'd honestly rather rather eat at Pizza Hut than Spicy Pie.

And for a late night treasure chest of grease get thin crust from Pizza Patrol and Bosco sticks. WARNING: Don't order unless it's past midnight and you're in the right "frame of mind". It's just not the same, can't explain it.

I don't even like pizza, but I love Rhombus Guys, agree with Spicy Pie I must be missing something that others get because that place is not good. I would rather eat the box from Pizza Hut then the Pizza.

ST_Lawson
October 8th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I was unaware there were other restaurants. I had to ask a lifelong local resident.

The original Jimmy Johns was here too.

#2 in Macomb

REALBird
October 8th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Rosati's is awful.

You think? I mean when you're from Chicago your pizza is always dictated by what side of town you live on. Westside (Home Run Inn), North Side (Connie's), South Side (Giordanno's). Downtown Loop (Lou Malnati's, UNO , DUO). In Normal, you take the next best thing. Honestly, I've found that wherever I get deep dish in Normal, it's always the DAY AFTER where it tastes the best.

Once again, Pizza is in the belly of the beholder. xdrunkyx

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 10:55 AM
does anyone have game times and tv/streaming info for the games this week

ISUb@SDSU is 6pm central ESPN3

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Pretty sure NDSU vs UNI is at 1pm central on ESPN3.

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2015, 11:00 AM
does anyone have game times and tv/streaming info for the games this week

ISUb@SDSU is 6pm central ESPN3
Stole from here: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?175168-Week-6-TV-Streaming-Guide

UNI at NDSU 1:00 p.m. Comcast Chicago, NBC ND, ESPN3
USD at WIU 3:00 p.m. ESPN3
Indiana State at SDSU 6:00 p.m. Midco, ESPN3
Illinois State at YSU 6:00 p.m. ESPN3

All times CT.

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2015, 11:23 AM
I pitty you

I've tried it multiple times and I just don't get the rave about it. It reminds me of, I'm sorry to say it, but, cardboard with some weird flavor to it. Domino's pizza is better imo

PantherRob82
October 8th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Football question:

I understand that Jacksonville State is getting lots of credit for taking Auburn to OT, but Auburn is an average FBS team that can play very poorly. SEC defenses have sucked for the last 3 years (evidence of this is the combined 100+point SEC championship games). Auburn now has the best of the worst QB's on their roster as the starter. The QB that played against JSU is now riding the bench and was the most incompetent QB I've seen in 10 years at least. Is JSU getting credit because they played an SEC team tough or are they really that good? I would have to think the way NDSU is playing now that JSU wouldn't be able to move the ball on them. I would like some thoughts on this so I can better understand. There was no upset, JSU lost but other FCS teams that have actual FBS wins are seemingly getting less credit.

Stop trying to derail the thread. xlolx

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2015, 12:51 PM
A fresh Caseys breakfast pizza is the best hangover medicine

clenz
October 8th, 2015, 12:57 PM
A fresh Caseys breakfast pizza is the best hangover medicine
Winner

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2015, 12:58 PM
I've tried it multiple times and I just don't get the rave about it. It reminds me of, I'm sorry to say it, but, cardboard with some weird flavor to it. Domino's pizza is better imo

Pi is the best pizza in St. Louis.

Drblankstare
October 8th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Winner

Yes, but the question is, bacon or sausage or both?

clenz
October 8th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Sausage.

They, as blasphemous as this will sound, simply use too much bacon. Takes away from the cheesy and eggy goodness

REALBird
October 8th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Sausage.

They, as blasphemous as this will sound, simply use too much bacon. Takes away from the cheesy and eggy goodness

Never before have I wanted to give a person rep and at the same time take it away. I totally agree, but it sounds blasphemous to even suggest that "too much bacon" would ever be uttered by another human being.

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Sausage.

GTFO xlolx

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Sausage.

This is as true as it is befuddling. Never thought I would agree with the phrase in my entire life, but here I sit.

clenz
October 8th, 2015, 02:06 PM
GTFO xlolx
It's true.

They cut the bacon ratio back about 40 or 50 percent and it would the only food I would ever eat

Yote 53
October 8th, 2015, 02:07 PM

The correct answer is BOTH, and the only way to get that is Made to Order. Also, the best way to eat a Casey's Pizza is to order an entire pie. It just tastes...different...than if you pull a single slice out of the glass carousel.

Casey's breakfast pizza is a nearly perfect hangover cure. A few slices of that with a beer before you head of tailgaitng and you are Golden, PonyBoy, Golden!

Yote 53
October 8th, 2015, 02:09 PM
In Cedar Falls I recommend Little Caesars. It's great Detroit style pizza.

This made me LOL.

Yote 53
October 8th, 2015, 02:10 PM
It's true.

They cut the bacon ratio back about 40 or 50 percent and it would the only food I would ever eat

Agree. Too much bacon and the pizza is just too salty and the hard bacon bits cut your mouth up as you mow it down.

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Wait......how much sugar is in bacon?

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Wait......how much sugar is in bacon?

at christmas or the rest of the year?

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2015, 02:23 PM
at christmas or the rest of the year?

I'm assuming not chocolate covered at this point...just bacon. :D

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Sausage.

Does your wife give you too many BJs too?

clenz
October 8th, 2015, 03:10 PM
I don't get the "There can never be too much bacon" schtick.

Of course there can. Bacon for the sake of bacon is just gross. Once it starts detracting from what it's being added too it's too much.

No different than spice. Making something spicy just to make it spicy makes it taste like **** and be pointless.

The bacon fad has gone too far.

I like bacon as much as anyone else. I'm apparently one of the few (thankfully there are others with me on this site) that realize too much is still ****ty.

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2015, 03:13 PM
I like Kwik Star breakfast pizza for the fact that they have bacon, ham, and sausage on it.

Casey's is better for sure. And sausage is the way to go as has been already pointed out.

clenz
October 8th, 2015, 03:15 PM
http://www.iowafoodandfamily.com/sites/default/files/JMJ%20Casey's-5.jpg

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Damn now I want some Casey's breakfast pizza right now!!

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2015, 03:16 PM
http://www.iowafoodandfamily.com/sites/default/files/JMJ%20Casey's-5.jpg

That's a pretty weird looking breakfast sandwich.... xlolx

clenz
October 8th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Again...just cut the bacon down and it's all anyone would ever eat...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/foodspotting-ec2/reviews/5492878/thumb_600.jpg?1437220456

clenz
October 8th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Also...

You're all welcome for the craving and for costing your a couple bucks on Casey's pizza on your way to work tomorrow morning.

- - - Updated - - -

How about supper tonight?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/foodspotting-ec2/reviews/2218123/thumb_600.jpg?1344817742

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2015, 03:22 PM
The closest Casey's to me here in Lincoln doesn't have any hot food. Really strange no pizza or anything.

The other one's are not even close to being on my way to work. Might wake up extra early just to go to one of them tomorrow though.

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Also...

You're all welcome for the craving and for costing your a couple bucks on Casey's pizza on your way to work tomorrow morning.

- - - Updated - - -

How about supper tonight?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/foodspotting-ec2/reviews/2218123/thumb_600.jpg?1344817742
Maybe it's just the ones here in Fargo, but never been a fan of Casey's taco pizza. They never put enough of the cold toppings on there for my liking and I've gotten it a few times.

Happy Joe's is where you gotta go if you want Taco pizza:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3553/3605650969_06ae11d8ab_z.jpg

clenz
October 8th, 2015, 03:25 PM
The closest Casey's to me here in Lincoln doesn't have any hot food. Really strange no pizza or anything.

The other one's are not even close to being on my way to work. Might wake up extra early just to go to one of them tomorrow though.
Casey's took over a Kwik Trip in Cedar Falls, right across from the city Library on 6th St, a few years ago. I got real excited because I lived on the corner of 8th and college at the time (right across from St. John's Lutheran Church). I was so excited after the remodel to have their pizza just blocks away and they didn't put a kitchen on it.

It took about a year to get a kitchen added to it. Just in time for me to move out of town.

I drive right past one every morning on my way to work. I stop WAAAAAY too often.

clenz
October 8th, 2015, 03:29 PM
On the flip side Marion also has this little hole in the wall called Zoey's. http://www.zoeyspizza.com/

It's impossible to get a table as it's very small and always busy. I usually get it to go when we get it.

The pizzas cost about 5 bucks more than Casey's but it's worth it

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3202/2729919751_2aba65f005.jpg?v=0http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/e8/c8/fb/zoey-s-pizzera.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/foodspotting-ec2/reviews/791961/thumb_600.jpg?1313875687

Mayville Bison
October 8th, 2015, 03:55 PM
This might be the single greatest football thread I've ever had the pleasure of eating...i mean reading. I was thoroughly enjoying the AGS poll thread, but this one definitely takes the cake

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2015, 04:14 PM
This might be the single greatest football thread I've ever had the pleasure of eating...i mean reading. I was thoroughly enjoying the AGS poll thread, but this one definitely takes the cake

What you expected the fans of the most dominant conference to not have the best thread? xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2015, 04:15 PM
I go to other threads and people are talking about football. I am like people get your stuff together!

PantherRob82
October 8th, 2015, 04:16 PM
On the flip side Marion also has this little hole in the wall called Zoey's. http://www.zoeyspizza.com/

It's impossible to get a table as it's very small and always busy. I usually get it to go when we get it.

The pizzas cost about 5 bucks more than Casey's but it's worth it

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3202/2729919751_2aba65f005.jpg?v=0http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/e8/c8/fb/zoey-s-pizzera.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/foodspotting-ec2/reviews/791961/thumb_600.jpg?1313875687

Pizza can cost more than Casey's? xlolx

Bison56
October 8th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Im with clenz on the bacon, and I despise places that think they need to put an inch of sauce on.

JayJ79
October 8th, 2015, 04:26 PM
I'd hardly consider Panch a chain...though by the strictest definition of it, I guess it is.

they have like 67 locations. if that's not a chain, I don't know what is.

Grizalltheway
October 8th, 2015, 04:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8u8Z3bUQfs

jacksfan29
October 8th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Did anyone die in the course of making this video?

My arteries are closing just thinking about eating that thing.

Grizalltheway
October 8th, 2015, 05:17 PM

Only about a hundred pigs and a few cows.

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2015, 05:18 PM
https://biteeatswallow.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/bacon-wrapped-turkey.jpg

xholyx

JayJ79
October 8th, 2015, 06:27 PM
http://www.evilmilk.com/pictures/Bacon_Lingerie.jpg

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 06:43 PM

As long as you do low carb you'll be fine. However if not you might want to carry some nitro pills around

JayJ79
October 8th, 2015, 07:15 PM
question for Clenz (or any of the other Pancheros peeps), do they normally have black chips, or is that an october halloween thing? and if so, I wonder if it has the same effect as the BK whopper bun supposedly has.

PantherRob82
October 8th, 2015, 07:19 PM
question for Clenz (or any of the other Pancheros peeps), do they normally have black chips, or is that an october halloween thing? and if so, I wonder if it has the same effect as the BK whopper bun supposedly has.

Yes, same effect, cancer

No_Skill
October 8th, 2015, 07:40 PM
I'm just waiting for the desserts.

http://okcbestcheesecakerecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/applecrisp-cheesecake-recipe-e1336332194856.jpg

Drblankstare
October 8th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Wonder what the odds were of this thread turing into food porn 5 weeks into the season. It took too long if you ask me.

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2015, 08:44 PM

https://biteeatswallow.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/bacon-wrapped-turkey.jpg

xholyx

http://www.evilmilk.com/pictures/Bacon_Lingerie.jpg

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/2740912_o.gif

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Wonder what the odds were of this thread turing into food porn 5 weeks into the season. It took too long if you ask me.

I opened it back up to say that this might be my favorite football thread ever

clenz
October 8th, 2015, 08:54 PM
question for Clenz (or any of the other Pancheros peeps), do they normally have black chips, or is that an october halloween thing? and if so, I wonder if it has the same effect as the BK whopper bun supposedly has.Yes.

If it does I have immune bowels to it.

dewey
October 9th, 2015, 05:52 AM
Sorry for the thread drift but here is a Fargo Forum article about a bunch of the MVFC games this weekend.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3857083-robersons-status-doubt-redbirds-head-youngstown

Dewey

clenz
October 9th, 2015, 06:06 AM
Shut up about football.

I had to stop and get a slice of Casey's pizza this morning

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/09/14af6551c19d363415050fcba36ff07a.jpg

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2015, 06:15 AM
Sorry for the thread drift but here is a Fargo Forum article about a bunch of the MVFC games this weekend.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3857083-robersons-status-doubt-redbirds-head-youngstown

Dewey
So Steckel said Missouri St got their "butts belly-waggled"? That seems like something that should happen at a gentlemen's club, not on a football field.

Drblankstare
October 9th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Shut up about football.

I had to stop and get a slice of Casey's pizza this morning

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/09/14af6551c19d363415050fcba36ff07a.jpg

Too funny, I had to get one on the way into work also. Who says advertising doesn't work.