PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 2015 Edition

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Yote 53
September 23rd, 2015, 09:22 AM
Just to chime in....Football in the MVFC, other sports in the Summit...we're good.

We're the only original member left from the founding of the conference and the old Mid-Con days and I don't see that changing any time soon.
The Summit is stronger and more stable than it's ever been in the league's history, the MVFC is the top conference in FCS football, and we're fairly centrally located within both.

Now, if we can just get the state to give us $.

You are correct, it sure is stronger than it has ever been. I wonder why that is? What has changed in the history of the MidCon/Summit to have such prosperity and stability? There is one other school sitting out there that would make it even better.

clenz
September 23rd, 2015, 09:47 AM
I think this thread would be shorter if they would have just kept the name as the Gateway.
This and we can basicaly /discussion it with that statement

As lawson said, the Summit is as strong as it's ever been. The MVFC is as strong as it's ever been. The MVC is rebounding after the loss of Creighton - though Loyola actually has had a better record and RPI than Creighton the last two seasons.....FWIW.

If we were all in the GFC no one would give a **** that the MVC didn't get the MVFC a TV deal.

I can only assume the Summit fans pissy about not being piggy backed on the MVC deal are also upset the PFL didn't get one either. I mean, Drake is a MVC school. Butler and Dayton have great household name behind it. Valpo and Davidson home some notoriety to it....certainly more than WIU, USD, and likely more than SDSU and ISUb.

It still blows my mind that people are upset that a conference commissioner, of a league that doesn't have football, didn't work a TV deal for a football conference that he is not, in any way, involved in as part of his conferences TV deal.

UNIFanSince1983
September 23rd, 2015, 09:56 AM
I guess adding UND would add balance to our conference in that we could have one North Dakota school at the top and one at the bottom. Much like we have one South Dakota school at the top and one at the bottom right now.

clenz
September 23rd, 2015, 10:00 AM
You are correct, it sure is stronger than it has ever been. I wonder why that is? What has changed in the history of the MidCon/Summit to have such prosperity and stability? There is one other school sitting out there that would make it even better.
It's a pretty simple answer - at this point there isn't a school in the league that is tempting to another conference while also being at a level of "enough" teams. It's now the Dakota schools (minus UND), and a bunch of schools that are happy to have a home (IPFW, IUPUI, UNO, Denver) and 1 that will never be happy no matter what but are starting to realize they have no better options (ORU).

It's stable. I don't get why Summit fans are thinking the MVFC/MVC is trying to destabilize it.

centennial
September 23rd, 2015, 10:01 AM
I guess adding UND would add balance to our conference in that we could have one North Dakota school at the top and one at the bottom. Much like we have one South Dakota school at the top and one at the bottom right now.
Except all this talk is fantasy. Some bison fans really want UND in the Summit/MVFC. I can understand Submit, but MVFC? NDSU is in a good spot, let's stop bitching.

Thumper 76
September 23rd, 2015, 10:05 AM
I vote that the MVFC teams don't all have bye weeks the same week so we don't have this silly argument mid season ever again. xlolx

FargoBison
September 23rd, 2015, 10:14 AM
The only way adding UND makes sense is if a school leaves(even then you could argue it doesn't) or if for some reason an 11th team is added and they want 12 for balance.

I don't get the destabilization talk. Even if UND joined the Summit you would have six football schools, which is enough but good luck trying to find five non-conference games every year. NDSU has been down that road and it was a pain in the ass.

If for some reason the Summit did become destabilized by losing members, I would guess the MVFC would bite the bullet like they did with USD and add UND. The MVFC wants a healthy Summit and the Summit wants a healthy MVFC.

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2015, 11:14 AM
It's a pretty simple answer - at this point there isn't a school in the league that is tempting to another conference while also being at a level of "enough" teams. It's now the Dakota schools (minus UND), and a bunch of schools that are happy to have a home (IPFW, IUPUI, UNO, Denver) and 1 that will never be happy no matter what but are starting to realize they have no better options (ORU).

It's stable. I don't get why Summit fans are thinking the MVFC/MVC is trying to destabilize it.

I think that some people are under the impression that because the MVC isn't also considering the MVFC in their decisions and deals, that they interpret that as "keeping us down" or "destabilizing". The way I see it, the MVC is looking out for their interests strictly from a non-football perspective. Football doesn't even play into their decisions as a conference. This doesn't mean that schools like UNI, MSU, SIU, ISU don't take football into consideration when they're considering their votes/input, but the conference as a whole doesn't "do" football.

I'd love to see a better TV deal for the MVFC, but if the conference wants a better deal, then the MVFC needs to make that happen (not the MVC, not the Summit, not anyone else). Maybe that's Patty V's job, maybe someone on her staff...I don't know, but I don't think there's some huge conspiracy by the MVC to keep the MVFC from being included at a table.

As for stability of the conference...yes, of course it was the addition of the Dakota schools that really solidified things (especially in the Summit). I remember when we went through the whole wave of losing Central Connecticut State (what the hell were they doing in the conference anyway), Troy State, Buffalo, Northeastern IL, and then later Chicago State, UMKC, Southern Utah, Oakland and Centenary. Things were getting pretty hairy for a while, but adding the Dakotas and IPFW really helped to centralize and focus the conference and probably got the league to the point where schools like Omaha, Denver, and Oral Bob would want to join/rejoin. I don't have any problem adding UND to the Summit if that ends up being an option, but it doesn't really sound likely, at least in the near future. Personally, if we're looking at adding, I'd love to see Eastern IL join, but I know that in the current setup, you probably don't want to be adding any new teams to the football conference (you'd have to go with divisions...it'd screw up scheduling...rivalries...etc.).

Sycamore62
September 23rd, 2015, 11:17 AM
I think that some people are under the impression that because the MVC isn't also considering the MVFC in their decisions and deals, that they interpret that as "keeping us down" or "destabilizing". The way I see it, the MVC is looking out for their interests strictly from a non-football perspective. Football doesn't even play into their decisions as a conference. This doesn't mean that schools like UNI, MSU, SIU, ISU don't take football into consideration when they're considering their votes/input, but the conference as a whole doesn't "do" football.

I'd love to see a better TV deal for the MVFC, but if the conference wants a better deal, then the MVFC needs to make that happen (not the MVC, not the Summit, not anyone else). Maybe that's Patty V's job, maybe someone on her staff...I don't know, but I don't think there's some huge conspiracy by the MVC to keep the MVFC from being included at a table.

As for stability of the conference...yes, of course it was the addition of the Dakota schools that really solidified things (especially in the Summit). I remember when we went through the whole wave of losing Central Connecticut State (what the hell were they doing in the conference anyway), Troy State, Buffalo, Northeastern IL, and then later Chicago State, UMKC, Southern Utah, Oakland and Centenary. Things were getting pretty hairy for a while, but adding the Dakotas and IPFW really helped to centralize and focus the conference and probably got the league to the point where schools like Omaha, Denver, and Oral Bob would want to join/rejoin. I don't have any problem adding UND to the Summit if that ends up being an option, but it doesn't really sound likely, at least in the near future. Personally, if we're looking at adding, I'd love to see Eastern IL join, but I know that in the current setup, you probably don't want to be adding any new teams to the football conference (you'd have to go with divisions...it'd screw up scheduling...rivalries...etc.).

Please add EIU. Personal reasons. Travel once per 2 years and trash talking purposes.

yes i know it aint happening.

clenz
September 23rd, 2015, 11:26 AM

The football schools (UNI, ISUx2, SIU, and MSU) absolutely look out for the MVFC when it comes to voting interests. The thing is, there are almost no topics in the MVC that get voted on that affect football though. You are correct, though, in that football plays no part in MVC discussions.

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2015, 11:28 AM
Please add EIU. Personal reasons. Travel once per 2 years and trash talking purposes.

yes i know it aint happening.

Yea, same here. It'd be one more game that's close enough that I could travel to it and they bring a decent crowd to our place. We do have a home-and-home with them this year and next, so it almost feels like they're in the conference (for us anyway).

Screw it...add EIU and UND, go ahead and divide the conference into two division of 6 teams each:
NDSU, SDSU, USD, UND, UNI, MSU on one side
WIU, ISUr, ISUb, SIU, EIU, YSU on the other side
everyone plays everyone in their division every year (5 games), and rotating three others in the other division

All the old Dakota rivalries back in place. UNI vs MSU every year (is that a rivalry? seems like it should be).
All the Illinois/Indiana team rivalries back in place...ISUr vs EIU, ISUr vs WIU, ISUb vs EIU, etc.

done

Yote 53
September 23rd, 2015, 11:36 AM

Clenz with the condescending "of course it's stable, it's because nobody else wants you". You wonder why some of us have the attitude we do towards some of the MVC schools? Maybe I am wrong for that and should just reserve that attitude towards certain posters.

I can't wait for the October 31st game in Cedar Falls.

clenz
September 23rd, 2015, 12:04 PM
Clenz with the condescending "of course it's stable, it's because nobody else wants you". You wonder why some of us have the attitude we do towards some of the MVC schools? Maybe I am wrong for that and should just reserve that attitude towards certain posters.

The same exact thing is true for the MVC schools.

If WSU had an option for a bigger/better home they'd take it
Same for UNI if they had a bigger/better home for all sports.

It's not condescending. It's true.

IUPUI, USD, ORU, Denver, XDSU's, don't bring value to the MVC, MWC, MAC, OVC. Maybe the Horizon?

jacksfan29
September 23rd, 2015, 12:08 PM

To be fair, I think there are only one or two who actually believe that.

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2015, 12:08 PM

I'll look for the Coyote fan with the tin foil hat. :)

centennial
September 23rd, 2015, 12:23 PM
Topic change- Is Missouri State the worst team in the MVFC in the last decade?

FargoBison
September 23rd, 2015, 12:34 PM
Topic change- Is Missouri State the worst team in the MVFC in the last decade?

Not sure they are quite ISUB bad yet. I think at one point ISUB had lost over 30 games in a row, including one to something called Quincy.

Yote 53
September 23rd, 2015, 12:36 PM
I'll look for the Coyote fan with the tin foil hat. :)

Touche.

BisonTru
September 23rd, 2015, 12:37 PM
The same exact thing is true for the MVC schools.

If WSU had an option for a bigger/better home they'd take it
Same for UNI if they had a bigger/better home for all sports.

It's not condescending. It's true.

IUPUI, USD, ORU, Denver, XDSU's, don't bring value to the MVC, MWC, MAC, OVC. Maybe the Horizon?

Question for the UNI guys?

IF UND and EIU were added and we split into east/west divisions would you be comfortable giving up some of your rivalries (SIU, ISU, ect.) every other year?

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2015, 12:47 PM
Not sure they are quite ISUB bad yet. I think at one point ISUB had lost over 30 games in a row, including one to something called Quincy.

Just ran the numbers. Over the span of 2005-2014 (previous 10 years):
Indiana State - .256
Missouri State - .370
Western Illinois - .394
South Dakota - .460
Illinois State - .570
Youngstown State - .577
South Dakota State - .596
Northern Iowa - .676
North Dakota State - .772

Indiana State went completely winless in '05, '07, and '08 and only had 1 win in '06, 09, and '13. It takes a lot of sucking to "overcome" that kind of tradition.

OSBF
September 23rd, 2015, 12:49 PM

IF UND and EIU were added and we split into east/west divisions would you be comfortable giving up some of your rivalries (SIU, ISU, ect.) every other year?

UNI, or anyone else for that matter, aint leaving the MVC for the sac-o-**** summitt

UNIFanSince1983
September 23rd, 2015, 12:50 PM

SIU has taken a backseat in the rivalry department since Kill left really. It would be disappointing, but having more traditional rivals like the Dakota schools I think is actually more fun than SIU anyway. I feel like NDSU has become a bigger rival and that is probably due to their success. We have always just been rivals with whoever else was challenging for the top spot in the conference. Aside from Bear Week (which I never really got since they weren't really very competitive against us in football).

BisonTru
September 23rd, 2015, 12:52 PM
UNI, or anyone else for that matter, aint leaving the MVC for the sac-o-**** summitt

I was suggesting just football. A two division MVFC. Everyone would stay where they're at for Bball.

clenz
September 23rd, 2015, 12:53 PM

ISUr yes
YSU yes...though that win is tough to give up
ISUb yes...see above
SIU, I'm not sure

FargoBison
September 23rd, 2015, 12:55 PM
If you went to two divisions, each school could have permanent cross division rival. So UNI could still play SIU every year if that happened.

BisonFan02
September 23rd, 2015, 01:05 PM
If you went to two divisions, each school could have permanent cross division rival. So UNI could still play SIU every year if that happened.

Works logistically, but **** that....assuming no conference champ game, the "West" would be a whole **** ton tougher than the "East"....I know that will fluctuate at times, but NDSU/SDSU/UNI are NOT going anywhere as far as success.

jacksfan29
September 23rd, 2015, 01:20 PM

I'm very much looking forward to playing ISUr in basketball this year...

UNIFanSince1983
September 23rd, 2015, 01:28 PM

Should actually be a pretty decent game.

clenz
September 23rd, 2015, 01:35 PM
Works logistically, but **** that....assuming no conference champ game, the "West" would be a whole **** ton tougher than the "East"....I know that will fluctuate at times, but NDSU/SDSU/UNI are NOT going anywhere as far as success.
This.

Using the posted numbers for the last 10 years this is what the split would look like

East
Indiana State - .256
Western Illinois - .394
Illinois State - .570
Youngstown State - .577

West
Missouri State - .370
South Dakota - .460
Northern Iowa - .676

UNIFanSince1983
September 23rd, 2015, 01:39 PM
This.

Using the posted numbers for the last 10 years this is what the split would look like

East
Indiana State - .256
Missouri State - .370
Western Illinois - .394
Illinois State - .570
Youngstown State - .577

West
Missouri State - .370
South Dakota - .460
Northern Iowa - .676

You put MSU on both sides, and there was no inclusion of the two hypothetical additions of EIU and UND.

And let's be honest how many conferences in FBS with two divisions have even split divisions? Big 10 - no, SEC - no, former Big 12 - no. I guess the only one you can argue is Pac 12 right now.

clenz
September 23rd, 2015, 01:43 PM
You put MSU on both sides, and there was no inclusion of the two hypothetical additions of EIU and UND.

And let's be honest how many conferences in FBS with two divisions have even split divisions? Big 10 - no, SEC - no, former Big 12 - no. I guess the only one you can argue is Pac 12 right now.
I didn't include them because their numbers won't reflect MVFC competition.

Based on what I've seen they'd both be in the .300 range

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2015, 02:15 PM

I would be. East- west would be tough though. Would MSU be the 6th team in the east?

BisonTru
September 23rd, 2015, 02:22 PM
Right now the West Divison would be top heavy with NDSU, SDSU, and UNI. But would also have probably the weakest teams as well with UND, MSU, and USD.

The East Divison would have ISUr, YSU, WIU at the top with SIU, EIU, and ISUb not too far behind.

centennial
September 23rd, 2015, 03:16 PM
Right now the West Divison would be top heavy with NDSU, SDSU, and UNI. But would also have probably the weakest teams as well with UND, MSU, and USD.

The East Divison would have ISUr, YSU, WIU at the top with SIU, EIU, and ISUb not too far behind.

It would probably average out then. Winning the west however- not fun.

centennial
September 23rd, 2015, 03:20 PM
Indiana State - .256
Missouri State - .370
Western Illinois - .394
South Dakota - .460
Illinois State - .570
Youngstown State - .577
Northern Iowa - .676

Indiana State went completely winless in '05, '07, and '08 and only had 1 win in '06, 09, and '13. It takes a lot of sucking to "overcome" that kind of tradition.
After this year- Missouri State probably winless, exclude the no win 05 season for ISU. Add ISU with 6-7 wins and we are looking at a really close race to the bottom.

OSBF
September 23rd, 2015, 03:21 PM

Trust me. You just don't see the same athletes night in and night out in the summit that we do in the valley.

wow
September 23rd, 2015, 05:33 PM
Trust me. You just don't see the same athletes night in and night out in the summit that we do in the valley.

Trust me. You just don't see the same athletes week in and week out in the Great West Conference that we do in the Gateway.

Gateway teams were literally saying exactly the same thing in 2007.

The fact that MVC fans refuse to acknowledge the fact that the Dakota schools are legit speaks volumes.

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2015, 06:10 PM
Trust me. You just don't see the same athletes week in and week out in the Great West Conference that we do in the Gateway.

The fact that MVC fans refuse to acknowledge the fact that the Dakota schools are legit speaks volumes.

Even in one off games, how closely has the Summit competed head to head with the MVC? Honest question.

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2015, 06:12 PM
Also, who said that about the Great West? I was a big fan of NDSU and SDSU before they joined. Cal Poly at the time, as well. That said, outside of those teams I think there may have been a quality drop off in SOS, but I'm not taking the time to look.

Rollbird5
September 23rd, 2015, 06:20 PM

I'm looking forward to that matchup as well, you guys and NDSU have had some quality teams for awhile should be beneficial for both teams. Better hope that Akoon-Purcell doesn't put one of your guys on a poster ;)

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2015, 06:58 PM
Even in one off games, how closely has the Summit competed head to head with the MVC? Honest question.

Can't speak for the other teams, but here's Western's results against MVC teams in the last few years:

'12/'13 - home vs Evansville, Lost 49-44
'11/'12 - at Evansville, Lost 68-45
'10/'11 - at Creighton, Lost 60-47

We also play at Loyola Chicago this coming season (and at Creighton, but they're not MVC anymore).

So, our record...not so good. Then again, other than maybe one or two years, we haven't had a good basketball team since the '90s.

clenz
September 23rd, 2015, 07:11 PM

How did the dsu teams do their first 3 years in the MVFC until they figured out people weren't lying

centennial
September 23rd, 2015, 07:17 PM
How did the dsu teams do their first 3 years in the MVFC until they figured out people weren't lying

Although I will agree with that partially, NDSU 2006, 2007 teams would have been serious national contenders. We did hit a QB, talent patch that didn't pan out. Overall the valley is more physical and requires recruiting to be tailored to the league. We did change our philosophy a little but consider Bohl was a Nebraska transplant and NDSU is build like those teams.

Thumper 76
September 23rd, 2015, 07:18 PM

I think SDSU did pretty well didn't we?

REALBird
September 23rd, 2015, 07:36 PM
So other than making the division's look pretty and rekindling some of the old NCC rivalries, what point does a 12 team, 2 division conference make? What are we only playing 11 games and a MVFC Championship Game too? SMH!

I can see why schools at the BCS level do it, it goes toward determining who gets to play in the NC game. Do we have co-MVFC champions? Otherwise without the two division winners playing each other it seems kinda stupid to expand and have divisions.

Just thinking out loud and wondering. It would no doubt make the conference "better" on paper. But what other value does it have for playoff berths?

wow
September 23rd, 2015, 07:36 PM

I said Dakota schools, not the Summit.

I'm not looking up NDSU and USD's performance against the MVC, but here is SDSU's:

14-15 Lost@UNI 74-63
08-09 Lost@Drake 75-65
08-09 Lost@UNI 55-42
07-08 Beat UNI at home 61-55
06-07 Lost@UNI 69-56

I may have missed a game or two, but in 5 games over 9 years, SDSU is 1-4 against the MVC. Not good, but it isn't the best sample size and it seems to be tough to get games against our football conference friends in the MVC. Outside UNI (whose history with SDSU goes waaaay back), it would appear the rest of the MVC/MVFC teams certainly don't do us any favors when it comes to scheduling men's basketball which is where a lot of the "tinfoil hat" conspiracies originate, IMO. A conspiracy theorist might find it odd that there were zero SDSU/MVC games during Nate Wolter's career at SDSU. :)

For what its worth, we were 0-3 against the Gateway before joining the league. The year we joined, SDSU finished 3rd.

IMO, the Dakota schools would be very competitive in the MVC within 1 recruiting cycle.

Sorry to talk so much basketball on a football forum everyone.

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2015, 07:41 PM

I'm not looking up NDSU and USD's performance against the MVC, but here is SDSU's:

14-15 Lost@UNI 74-63
08-09 Lost@Drake 75-65
08-09 Lost@UNI 55-42
06-07 Lost@UNI 69-56

I may have missed a game or two, but in 5 games over 9 years, SDSU is 1-4 against the MVC. Not good, but it isn't the best sample size and it seems to be tough to get games against our football conference friends in the MVC. Outside UNI (whose history with SDSU goes waaaay back), it would appear the rest of the MVC/MVFC teams certainly don't do us any favors when it comes to scheduling men's basketball which is where a lot of the "tinfoil hat" conspiracies originate, IMO. A conspiracy theorist might find it odd that there were zero SDSU/MVC games during Nate Wolter's career at SDSU. :)

For what its worth, we were 0-3 against the Gateway before joining the league. The year we joined, SDSU finished 3rd.

IMO, the Dakota schools would be very competitive in the MVC within 1 recruiting cycle.

Given that games are scheduled in advance, I would say it's a coincidence there were none during his career. By the end they may have avoided him.

wow
September 23rd, 2015, 07:42 PM

SDSU
3rd
2nd
Tied for 3rd
Tied for 4th
2nd
Tied for 2nd
4th

Everybody knows how NDSU has done in the MVFC, so I'm not looking that up.

mmiller_34
September 23rd, 2015, 07:44 PM

14-15 Lost@UNI 74-63
08-09 Lost@Drake 75-65
08-09 Lost@UNI 55-42
06-07 Lost@UNI 69-56

I agree with this. Also, SDSU's men's basketball was beyond crap from 2005-2011. That was the toughest part of transition for sure.

BisonFan02
September 23rd, 2015, 07:48 PM

NDSU:

2008: 6-5
2009: 3-8
2010: 9-5 (Lost in postseason to EWU)
2011: 14-1 (National Champs)
2012: 14-1 (National Champs)
2013: 15-0 (National Champs)
2014: 15-1 (National Champs)

SDSU:

2008: 7-5
2009: 8-4 (Lost in postseason to Montana)
2010: 5-6
2011: 5-6
2012: 9-4 (Lost in postseason to NDSU)
2013: 9-5 (Lost in postseason to EWU)
2014: 9-5 (Lost in postseason to NDSU)

UNI:

2008: 12-3 (Lost in postseason to Richmond)
2009: 7-4
2010: 7-5
2011: 10-3 (Lost in postseason to Montana)
2012: 5-6
2013: 7-5
2014: 9-5 (Lost in postseason to ISUr)

Outside of NDSU's disaster year in 09...I think we've done just fine. Its too bad SDSU keeps running into NDSU in the postseason too.

mmiller_34
September 23rd, 2015, 08:02 PM
NDSU:
Outside of NDSU's disaster year in 09...I think we've done just fine. Its too bad SDSU keeps running into NDSU in the postseason too.

We'll almost always run into each other in the second round unless we're both seeded. A fact I've accepted.

FargoBison
September 23rd, 2015, 08:13 PM

14-15 Lost@UNI 74-63
08-09 Lost@Drake 75-65
08-09 Lost@UNI 55-42
06-07 Lost@UNI 69-56

NDSU's research is easy..

05-06: Lost at Drake 69-68
09-10: Lost at Wichita State 69-57

jacksfan29
September 23rd, 2015, 08:15 PM
I agree with this. I don't see a point in splitting the conference by adding an 11th and 12th member. Conference championship game? Nope, can't/won't happen. And what would be the point?

The only change I would like to see is a 9 game conference schedule which has us playing everyone every year. Other than that, I would prefer to leave UND and EIU where they are. I think we need to see what happens with the P5 schools. In the next 5 years there will be changes.

Besides, as it relates to UND, isn't the BSC splitting so half the conference can move up? (sorry Mr. Sioux, I just had to go there):)

So other than making the division's look pretty and rekindling some of the old NCC rivalries, what point does a 12 team, 2 division conference make? What are we only playing 11 games and a MVFC Championship Game too? SMH!

I can see why schools at the BCS level do it, it goes toward determining who gets to play in the NC game. Do we have co-MVFC champions? Otherwise without the two division winners playing each other it seems kinda stupid to expand and have divisions.

Just thinking out loud and wondering. It would no doubt make the conference "better" on paper. But what other value does it have for playoff berths?

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2015, 08:22 PM
The only change I would like to see is a 9 game conference schedule which has us playing everyone every year. Other than that, I would prefer to leave UND and EIU where they are. I think we need to see what happens with the P5 schools. In the next 5 years there will be changes.

I would also like this except we seem to be doing well in our non-conf scheduling. I would hate to miss out on Cal Poly, Eastern Washington and Montana for ISUb or YSU.

IBleedYellow
September 23rd, 2015, 09:55 PM
Holy crap... Bye weeks for the entire conference are BAD.

mmiller_34
September 23rd, 2015, 10:36 PM
In last years MVFC thread there were 1797 posts. Nothing wrong with a thread drift here and there. I have found it quite entertaining, not sure what you guys are complaining about with your weeks off. I wish I had this last week, instead I smothered myself in UND-NDSU hot threads. Once football resumes with CONFERENCE play October 3rd right around the corner, the thread will get back on track. There will be lots of good stuff to talk about, even more so if SIU beats Liberty this weekend.

Sycamore62
September 23rd, 2015, 10:52 PM
I can't imagine a situation where EIU would decide to leave a 2 tough game league for the Gateway.

Im gonna call it that so we don't mix it up with the MVC.

Sycamore62
September 23rd, 2015, 11:01 PM
Indiana State - .256
Missouri State - .370
Western Illinois - .394
South Dakota - .460
Illinois State - .570
Youngstown State - .577
Northern Iowa - .676

Some day I'll post a lengthy non-PC version of how **** got that bad. I'll probably be drunk and also get banned from the board, however none of it will be anything but fact. If anyone is ever at a game I'm at id be happy to take a blood pressure pill and tell you in person.

UNI Pike
September 23rd, 2015, 11:41 PM
UND, you better step up your recruiting if you want to join the MVFC and compete with the Redbirds. Enjoy those bicep bands.

http://bitly.com/1KCDLVE

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Twentysix
September 24th, 2015, 02:10 AM
lol

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 24th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Only 2 games on Saturday in the Valley:

Robert Morris @ SDSU
Liberty @ SIU

SDSU will pound RM but the SIU/Liberty game should be a good one.

I'll go with:

SDSU
SIU

LeeshaJo
September 24th, 2015, 07:19 AM
It would probably average out then. Winning the west however- not fun.
As opposed to trying to win the Valley now? Ya got to earn it either way

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

clenz
September 24th, 2015, 07:45 AM
UND, you better step up your recruiting if you want to join the MVFC and compete with the Redbirds. Enjoy those bicep bands.

That's Drake level crime

BisonFan02
September 24th, 2015, 08:02 AM
That's Drake level crime

I would have to look, but I think the guy was already suspended for 2 games previously....this is a borderline strike 2 at least.

underdawg
September 24th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Only 2 games on Saturday in the Valley:

Robert Morris @ SDSU
Liberty @ SIU

SDSU will pound RM but the SIU/Liberty game should be a good one.

I'll go with:

SDSU
SIU

Game is on ESPN3 at 6 pm CST---good luck to my hard luck Salukis

Hambone
September 24th, 2015, 08:58 AM

What a bonehead. Seriously, throw away a scholarship, FCOA next year, etc for $16 worth of gear? I'm sure one of his teammates would have lent him $16. Don't need that level of dumbass on the team. Best of luck Mr. Iverson........

clenz
September 24th, 2015, 09:04 AM
I would have to look, but I think the guy was already suspended for 2 games previously....this is a borderline strike 2 at least.This is what I meant Drake level crime...

From 2011

http://timesdelphic.com/2011/09/02/two-basketball-players-arrested-suspended-for-stealing-50-worth-of-socks

Star Bulldog player sophomore Rayvonte Rice and senior teammate Kurt Alexander were led away from a sporting goods store in handcuffs on Thursday night for stealing two packages of athletic socks valued at $50 according to a West Des Moines Police Report. The two men stole the socks from Scheels Sporting Goods in Jordan Creek Town Center and concealed them in a Finish Line bag, according to the report.
Rice and Alexander were stopped by two loss prevention associates while exiting the store at 6:58 p.m. They were taken to the loss prevention office where they awaited the arrival of the police. The men were read their rights and arrested.
Yes, that is the Rayvonte Rice that would transfer to Illinois later

NDSU_grad
September 24th, 2015, 10:02 AM
This is what I meant Drake level crime...

From 2011
Kurt Alexander had originally verballed to NDSU before he changed his mind and went to Drake; but not before he made some snarky comment about Fargo. Looks like we missed out on a good one.

clenz
September 24th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Kurt Alexander had originally verballed to NDSU before he changed his mind and went to Drake; but not before he made some snarky comment about Fargo. Looks like we missed out on a good one.
He played 2 years, average 7ppg, 1 rebound 1 assist and 1 TO per game...for the 8th worst MVC program during that 2 year span.

You didn't miss much

mango43
September 24th, 2015, 10:18 AM
What a bonehead. Seriously, throw away a scholarship, FCOA next year, etc for $16 worth of gear? I'm sure one of his teammates would have lent him $16. Don't need that level of dumbass on the team. Best of luck Mr. Iverson........

Not to mention he can probably get them from the UND athletic department. Granted, they would be adidas and not Nike, so yep, worth stealing.

UNI Pike
September 24th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Maybe he can transfer to Normal and be reinstated

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2015, 10:28 AM

You can't fix stupid!

UNIFanSince1983
September 24th, 2015, 10:38 AM
This is what I meant Drake level crime...

From 2011

To be fair at least the socks were worth $50. This UND dude stole $16 worth of stuff. And lets not miss the most important part. He was wearing a UND football jersey when this happened. Who goes to the store wearing their jersey?

clenz
September 24th, 2015, 10:43 AM
To be fair at least the socks were worth $50. This UND dude stole $16 worth of stuff. And lets not miss the most important part. He was wearing a UND football jersey when this happened. Who goes to the store wearing their jersey?
Don't disagree....there was multiple packages of socks and split between 2. So it was probably 1 package each.

I worked for Scheels. It was likely 2 packages of Elite socks (8 pairs total, I believe).

Both are dumb

UNIFanSince1983
September 24th, 2015, 10:52 AM
One last thing to keep this thread off track a little bit. If these guys were stealing Nike gear none of them could wear them while playing in a game anyway since they are at Adidas schools. Okay the socks is understandable since they could wear them casually, but this dude would not have been able to wear the bicep bands in a game (if he had still even been on the team).

clenz
September 24th, 2015, 10:58 AM
One last thing to keep this thread off track a little bit. If these guys were stealing Nike gear none of them could wear them while playing in a game anyway since they are at Adidas schools. Okay the socks is understandable since they could wear them casually, but this dude would not have been able to wear the bicep bands in a game (if he had still even been on the team).
He could have.

I see UNI players wearing Cutters gloves, Under Armour visors, ADIDAS bands, etc... frequently.

Outside of the major programs Nike, Adidas, UA, etc.. don't monitor that closely. It's dumb, because the team does get a bunch of gear.

UNI basketball could not get away with ADIDAS socks though

clenz
September 24th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Heck, here's a photo of Sawyer with a Newman QB wrist band on
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/9a/f9ae4426-260b-11e2-967f-001a4bcf887a/5095a4ee8bc77.preview-620.jpg

Farley with Cutters gloves and an Oakley visor
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/missoulian.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/d6/ed664de4-22fb-11e1-8e75-001871e3ce6c/4ee302594ce94.image.jpg

LJ Fort Oakley visor
http://snapwallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Northern-Iowa-Football-Wallpaper1.jpg

jacksfan29
September 24th, 2015, 11:27 AM

Any bets on where he ends up? My guess, U of Mary or Black Hills State.

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2015, 11:29 AM

Haven't you been reading the thread? ISUr is already making room for him on their roster xlolx

Missingnumber7
September 24th, 2015, 11:30 AM

Don't believe U Mary wanted him, probably Minot State or Dickinson

344Johnson
September 24th, 2015, 11:35 AM

Only a total douche.

I'm guessing he just stays in school.

Professor Chaos
September 24th, 2015, 11:49 AM
As long as we're thread drifting about stupid college student-athletes...

He'd fit right in at Minot State where they have players who KO cops when they try to arrest them. Of course when you're charged with attempted murder of a police officer they do figure it's a good idea to boot you from the team:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9622956/5-minot-state-players-arrested-cop-knocked-out

Just make sure you don't like baseball players if you go there:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/18/2-arrested-in-attack-on-minot-state-baseball-team-/

Hambone
September 24th, 2015, 11:53 AM

Kotelnicki is the HC at Mary now, and he was part of who recruited him to UND I believe. I think Mr. Iverson had a tweet that he does already have an opportunity come January. Not sure if he meant another school or not.......

EDIT: But this has nothing to do with the MVFC, so please accept my apologies for engaging in the thread drift.

eiu1999
September 24th, 2015, 11:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=6&v=pLBL8U_eFpU

ISU-EIU highlights....mute the sound.....

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I feel like we need to vote when this thread has to get back on track. I say Sunday at 7pm, just to give it time to change back to the right track. Also when your school gets to 4 conference losses or 5 total losses you can drift again.

And im thinking of running over to the sporting good store to get some arm bands to wear to work. This was a serious statement.

jacksfan29
September 24th, 2015, 12:22 PM
I feel like we need to vote when this thread has to get back on track. I say Sunday at 7pm, just to give it time to change back to the right track. Also when your school gets to 4 conference losses or 5 total losses you can drift again.

And im thinking of running over to the sporting good store to get some arm bands to wear to work. This was a serious statement.

It will get back on track Saturday afternoon.

There are some very good conference games Oct 3. Two that may have a direct affect on the conference title, and playoff seeds. SDSU V NDSU and ISUr V UNI.

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2015, 01:14 PM

There are some very good conference games Oct 3. Two that may have a direct affect on the conference title, and playoff seeds. SDSU V NDSU and ISUr V UNI.

Plus the ISUb MSU game

Missingnumber7
September 24th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Plus the ISUb MSU game

He did say direct effect on the conference title.;)

centennial
September 24th, 2015, 03:05 PM

Arm bands is serious business. They are the most stolen item at any store.

REALBird
September 24th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Maybe he can transfer to Normal and be reinstated

His crime wasn't serious enough to warrant (pun intended) a Redbird Uni.

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2015, 04:05 PM
He did say direct effect on the conference title.;)

Yes, i was also kidding. If they end up 1st 2nd at the end of the season I will be reposting that as if I was serious.

Im not sure crazier things have happened.

No_Skill
September 24th, 2015, 06:49 PM

These crimes aren't always about the money. I'd venture to say that most do it for the thrill.

Bisonator
September 24th, 2015, 07:17 PM

Don't stub your toe on Bob Morris Saturday, looking forward to being the first to knock the wabbits off their perch. ;)

Twentysix
September 24th, 2015, 07:22 PM
Don't stub your toe on Bob Morris Saturday, looking forward to being the first to knock the wabbits off their perch. ;)

According to Massey they have a 100% chance of winning. ;)

RabidRabbit
September 24th, 2015, 07:42 PM
According to Massey they have a 100% chance of winning. ;)
Massey probably said same when RMU played YSU.
Hoping for another SDSU vs Suu result.

clenz
September 24th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Massey probably said same when RMU played YSU..

And who won?

OSBF
September 25th, 2015, 08:18 AM
His crime wasn't serious enough to warrant (pun intended) a Redbird Uni.

Beat
Me
To the punch(pun intended)

Missingnumber7
September 25th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Massey probably said same when RMU played YSU.

You would be correct. -38.5

Yote 53
September 25th, 2015, 10:42 AM

Yep. That USD v YSU game is going to be a big one.

The Yo Show
September 25th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Yep. That USD v YSU game is going to be a big one.

Im looking forward to it. Will give us a better idea of both teams, plus it signifies the start of conference play.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 05:39 PM
The SDSU vs RMU game is listed on ESPN scoreboard as being on ESPN3, but it is not on ESPN3... what gives?

centennial
September 26th, 2015, 05:40 PM
The SDSU vs RMU game is listed on ESPN scoreboard as being on ESPN3, but it is not on ESPN3... what gives?
Ditto

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 05:57 PM
It is on Midco sports net

BisonFan02
September 26th, 2015, 05:59 PM
It is on Midco sports net

This. Blacked out live for Midco?

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 06:02 PM
This. Blacked out live for Midco?

Well, I live in La Jolla, So I'm certainly not in any blackout area. I'm live streaming it on midco.net cause it doesn't show up on ESPN3.

centennial
September 26th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Well, I live in La Jolla, So I'm certainly not in any blackout area. I'm live streaming it on midco.net cause it doesn't show up on ESPN3.
Link? Do I need to pay for it?

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 06:06 PM

Yeah, it is for Midco subscribers only. Sorry.

RMU with a 60 yard read option.

RMU certainly doesn't look mismatched just yet...

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Short pitch and catch for a RMU TD. 14-9 XP pending.

- - - Updated - - -

14-10.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 06:14 PM
SDSU with a huge pass to the 12ish yd line.

BisonTru
September 26th, 2015, 06:14 PM

Sent a pm.

penguinpower
September 26th, 2015, 06:15 PM
YSU struggled with RMU in bad weather conditions. How is the weather there?

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 06:16 PM
The weather looks great. Beautiful day in Brookings.

RMU is working with a really creative running game. Lots of option.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I despise announcers with bad voices.... this SIU LU game has announcers who have terrible voices... I gotta mute this.

This really bothers me during NDSU games, NDSU has one announcer who is easy to listen to (brian shawn) and then a terrible partner and a terrible sideline reporter.

penguinpower
September 26th, 2015, 06:18 PM
RMU has a big RB. They only got 16 yards of passing and they had like 160 yards rushing but kept it close in a monsoon.

RabidRabbit
September 26th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Jacks get a FG, so up 17-10 with about 4 min left to half. 26, you're watching, I'm listening only so you're thoughts/notes appreciated.

BisonTru
September 26th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Jacks get a FG, so up 17-10 with about 4 min left to half. 26, you're watching, I'm listening only so you're thoughts/notes appreciated.

Check your PMs

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 06:25 PM
SDSU is obviously a lot more athletic/talented, especially in the Passing O vs D.

BisonFan02
September 26th, 2015, 06:26 PM

So far...RMU cannot rush the passer...Jacks can throw the ball around at will. That being said...disturbed by the lack of a running game for SDSU. xeyebrowx

On the other side of things, RMU is kinda pushing the Jacks DL around at times and can gain some pretty good chunks of yardage. Their TD was on kinda a jump ball play in the endzone with their big TE/WR. RMU is also really hurting themselves with special teams penalties.

Drblankstare
September 26th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Every time I see Weineke making a play I just have to laugh. How the hell do guys like him slip past the big boys.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 06:29 PM
QB should have run there...

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Does SDSU ever have the QB scramble? He seems afraid to run atm, he has had 2 huge openings.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 06:37 PM
SDSU settles for another FG.

20-10 RMU has a few seconds left in the 2nd qtr.

IMO Wentz would have scored that TD on two different plays with QB scrambles. Lujan looks afraid to run.

centennial
September 26th, 2015, 06:38 PM
SDSU settles for another FG.

20-10 RMU has a few seconds left in the 2nd qtr.

IMO Wentz would have scored that TD on two different plays with QB scrambles. Lujan looks afraid to run.
I think it has to do with confidence on the backup.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 06:40 PM
I think it has to do with confidence on the backup.

Could be, I don't know anything about SDSU's backups.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2015, 08:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWLKhfLkp9c&feature=youtu.be

Can't wait for next week!

JimmyJack
September 26th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Does SDSU ever have the QB scramble? He seems afraid to run atm, he has had 2 huge openings.

Lujan is not a big guy and, yes, the backup situation is a little sketchy.

JimmyJack
September 26th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Everything time I see Weineke making a play I just have to laugh. How the hell do guys like him slip past the big boys.

Good question. I would guess that there were concerns about his speed. He's not a burner, but he's a long strider and is faster than he looks. The intangible things he does well: route-running, body control, just might not be the kinds of things that jump out to "big time" programs looking for flawless athletes.

mmiller_34
September 27th, 2015, 12:12 AM
Weineke looked good again. Some other WRs stepped up tonight which is good. Defense played well in second half.

Looking forward to next Saturday. Should be fun.

mmiller_34
September 27th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Just did a quick (so correct me if I'm wrong) count of the records so far against FCS teams this year. The MVFC is 16-3 so far with losses against Montana (NDSU), Coastal Carolina (WIU), and SEMO (SIU).

RabidRabbit
September 27th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Only 1 more loss than last year as head into conference play. Anymore OOC games? I'd say no,but haven't checked. Only non top 25 loss was siu to semo. Headscratcher, that one. SIU'so win over Liberty helped bring SIU back into top 25 discussion in my Rabid eyes.

PantherRob82
September 27th, 2015, 11:34 AM
If South Dakota happened to beat YSU this week, would they be in Top 25 consideration?

RabidRabbit
September 27th, 2015, 11:55 AM
If South Dakota happened to beat YSU this week, would they be in Top 25 consideration?

At 3-1, with a win over someone currently in top 25, why wouldn't they be in consideration? Although they, WIU, SIU, YSU, heck the whole MVFC needs to steal wins vs top 4, NDSU, IL St, SDSU & UNI to make playoffs.

penguinpower
September 27th, 2015, 12:03 PM
At 3-1, with a win over someone currently in top 25, why wouldn't they be in consideration? Although they, WIU, SIU, YSU, heck the whole MVFC needs to steal wins vs top 4, NDSU, IL St, SDSU & UNI to make playoffs.

I think YSU is very close to SDSU and a win over SDSU and Illinois State would not be a steal. I think NDSU and UNI are the top two teams and I would put UNI at the top of the list. Time will tell if my assessment is accurate.

mmiller_34
September 27th, 2015, 12:03 PM

I would definitely consider it.

CasualFan
September 27th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I've added them to my watch list already.

Thumper 76
September 27th, 2015, 12:17 PM
I think YSU is very close to SDSU and a win over SDSU and Illinois State would not be a steal. I think NDSU and UNI are the top two teams and I would put UNI at the top of the list. Time will tell if my assessment is accurate.

Next week will go a long ways towards seeing just how accurate you are. Good luck at the Dakota Dump, I have a feeling the Yotes are going to be really tough there this year.

penguinpower
September 27th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Next week will go a long ways towards seeing just how accurate you are. Good luck at the Dakota Dump, I have a feeling the Yotes are going to be really tough there this year.

I agree. I would be happy if we escape with a 1 point win. This is one of those games where they always play us tough there and they always seem to match up well. The difference from past years is YSU's defense. YSU's DL is the strength of the defense this year. The LB's appear to be behind in learning the new defense but are coming along. The two Nebraska transfers along with our DE Derek Rivers created some problems for or opponents, even Pitt had a lot of issues with them. The LB's have been out of alignment at times and it has been allowing some runs but each week they have been making progress. Can't wait to see how this translates in conference play as our defenses have been the issue for several years now

centennial
September 27th, 2015, 01:05 PM
This season looks like a repeat of 2013 season. The MVFC 6-7 and above is going to kill itself. Even South Dakota is becoming a legit threat. And then we will get teams like Coastal Carolina and Liberty that will get ranked over most of the league, even with a loss to SIU and come back win vs WIU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 27th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Good games to start out Valley conference play:

UNI @ Ill State
Ind State @ MSU
YSU @ USD
SIU @ WIU
NDSU @ SDSU

Game of the week is either UNI/Ill State or NDSU/SDSU.

The Redbirds and Bison lost to UNI at their place last year. Can ISU beat the Panthers at home? Can NDSU beat SDSU for the 8th straight time?

IMO, the NDSU/SDSU game will be one of field position. Both teams know each other so well that if will come down to execution and turnovers. NDSU needs to get a pass rush on Lujan or they will be in trouble. The TEs have been non-existent so far for the Bison so it will be interesting to see if they are utilized in this game.

My 2 $ on the results:

Ill State
Ind State
YSU
WIU
NDSU

centennial
September 27th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Good games to start out Valley conference play:

UNI @ Ill State
Ind State @ MSU
YSU @ USD
SIU @ WIU
NDSU @ SDSU

Game of the week is either UNI/Ill State or NDSU/SDSU.

The Redbirds and Bison lost to UNI at their place last year. Can ISU beat the Panthers at home? Can NDSU beat SDSU for the 8th straight time?

IMO, the NDSU/SDSU game will be one of field position. Both teams know each other so well that if will come down to execution and turnovers. NDSU needs to get a pass rush on Lujan or they will be in trouble. The TEs have been non-existent so far for the Bison so it will be interesting to see if they are utilized in this game.

My 2 $ on the results:

Ill State
Ind State
YSU
WIU
NDSU
NDSU is running quite a different offense. We won't be as predictable as Vigen.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 27th, 2015, 01:14 PM
This season looks like a repeat of 2013 season. The MVFC 6-7 and above is going to kill itself. Even South Dakota is becoming a legit threat. And then we will get teams like Coastal Carolina and Liberty that will get ranked over most of the league, even with a loss to SIU and come back win vs WIU.

I'm sold on USD yet. Davis was a decent win on the road but their defense is pretty mediocre. Drake? No....

YSU will be a good measuring stick for USD.

PantherRob82
September 27th, 2015, 01:16 PM
My impression of Illinois State so far is very low. It will be a game that tells us a lot about both teams.

I think the Sycamores win easily.

With what we have seen so far the other 3 are a toss up in my opinion

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 27th, 2015, 01:18 PM
NDSU is running quite a different offense. We won't be as predictable as Vigen.

Different as in Polasek has brought in his read option package from Northern Illinois. I'm still neutral on all of that but one thing that has happened is that the power running has been less of an influence the first three games compared to the last 4-5 years. And maybe that will change when the conference season starts. I suppose he is utilizing CW's talents.

I'm "old school' and like to see the power running style but the Bison are young and are getting better.

UNI Pike
September 27th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Seems like Redbirds have a number of significant injuries, including 2 WR and their best DE.

I would expect that Farley would be prioritizing stopping the run, making Roberson become a pocket passer. Easier said than done, that's for certain.

centennial
September 27th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Different as in Polasek has brought in his read option package from Northern Illinois. I'm still neutral on all of that but one thing that has happened is that the power running has been less of an influence the first three games compared to the last 4-5 years. And maybe that will change when the conference season starts. I suppose he is utilizing CW's talents.

I'm "old school' and like to see the power running style but the Bison are young and are getting better.
I am the one that pointed out that we DO run a different offense with the video of Coach K on bisonville. Outside of the read option, we are also running quite a few different things. We have been since last year. This happened when Weber, WIU, UNI started stacking the box against us. Especially since the UNI loss.

We don't have a NFL quality RB anymore
We lost a LOT to graduation from 2013 and still won the NC
We have a first day draft QB
Valley defenses did better against our version of the West Coast, and overall the Valley is a better league
Vigen only got good late in the game.
I'll say this again- You run what your players can, not your ideals
We need to use our skill players
We are still running quite a bit

Sycamore62
September 27th, 2015, 02:11 PM

I think this is a good early season rundown. Everyone that can reach 7 wins needs to beat the lower ranked teams and play a 4 game win and in series vs ISUr, NDSU, SDSU and UNI. they could all get jumbled up too and not make the playoffs too

CappinHard
September 28th, 2015, 01:36 AM
I think YSU is very close to SDSU

You're kidding, right? You must have been joking when you typed this... Or high maybe? Dreaming possibly...

nmatsen
September 28th, 2015, 06:12 AM
I am the one that pointed out that we DO run a different offense with the video of Coach K on bisonville. Outside of the read option, we are also running quite a few different things. We have been since last year. This happened when Weber, WIU, UNI started stacking the box against us. Especially since the UNI loss.

Valley defenses did better against our version of the West Coast, and overall the Valley is a better league

I will bet you as much as you want to throw on the table that NDSU's qb does not go day one....

There wasn't a qb on your roster last year when you were in the UNI Dome that will take a snap in the NFL, let alone be drafted Friday night in Chicago. I also watched the Montana game, didn't see one out there either....

The Yo Show
September 28th, 2015, 06:30 AM
You're kidding, right? You must have been joking when you typed this... Or high maybe? Dreaming possibly...

To be fair, I believe the MVFC is wide open. There are judgements many have made about the conference so far, but the next couple weeks will be the tell tale sign of who is really where. Conference play will answer our questions.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2015, 06:34 AM
I will bet you as much as you want to throw on the table that NDSU's qb does not go day one....

There wasn't a qb on your roster last year when you were in the UNI Dome that will take a snap in the NFL, let alone be drafted Friday night in Chicago. I also watched the Montana game, didn't see one out there either....

You're mistaken there buddy. CW will get drafted next year, maybe not the first round but some time.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2015, 06:36 AM
To be fair, I believe the MVFC is wide open. There are judgements many have made about the conference so far, but the next couple weeks will be the tell tale sign of who is really where. Conference play will answer our questions.

I agree that the Valley is wide open. The next few weeks will help "iron out" some of it.

ysubigred
September 28th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Just did a quick (so correct me if I'm wrong) count of the records so far against FCS teams this year. The MVFC is 16-3 so far with losses against Montana (NDSU), Coastal Carolina (WIU), and SEMO (SIU).

Strange how SEMO lost to a DII team this week?!

Professor Chaos
September 28th, 2015, 07:36 AM

I'll put a $100 donation to AGS down that he goes before Saturday (before the start of the 4th round). Deal?

penguinpower
September 28th, 2015, 08:06 AM

I really don't want to take the bait, but I will say that YSU did beat SDSU on Hillbilly day last year with a true freshman QB that played only a couple of games. In addition, your win over Kansas was expected. They are an abysmal football team.

Sycamore62
September 28th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Strange how SEMO lost to a DII team this week?!

I thought I heard they lost their star RB during the game against us the previous week.

Sycamore62
September 28th, 2015, 08:27 AM
I'll put a $100 donation to AGS down that he goes before Saturday (before the start of the 4th round). Deal?

QBs are over-valued in the draft. No QB pick could ever surprise me especially since there appear only to be 15 people on the face of the earth that are any good at it at a given time.

344Johnson
September 28th, 2015, 08:35 AM

Mr. Wentz is not going in the first round.

QBs are over-valued in the draft. No QB pick could ever surprise me especially since there appear only to be 15 people on the face of the earth that are any good at it at a given time.

Mhm.

Professor Chaos
September 28th, 2015, 08:42 AM
I don't disagree but he's getting a ton of attention from pro scouts. The NFL loves measurables and when they see a guy who's 6'6" 235 with a strong arm and mobility like Wentz has they tend to forget a lot of the other warts that may be associated with his game. I don't think it's out of the question for him to be a first round pick if he kills it at the Senior Bowl and at the NFL combine but I think it's a pretty safe bet that he ends up in the top half of the draft regardless just due to those measurables and physical gifts.

Bisonator
September 28th, 2015, 08:58 AM
I think it's way too early to be talking draft picks yet. A lot can happen between now and the 2016 NFL draft. Take a step back boys....

Sycamore62
September 28th, 2015, 09:10 AM
I think it's way too early to be talking draft picks yet. A lot can happen between now and the 2016 NFL draft. Take a step back boys....

Im just hoping it's 2 pick-6s against us.

Professor Chaos
September 28th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Im just hoping it's 2 pick-6s against us.
That guy's in the CFL now... so maybe if Wentz only throws 1 against you guys it means he's NFL caliber??? xlolx

centennial
September 28th, 2015, 09:22 AM

You watched his 2 worst games. Regardless, I do think he has a chance to go in the top 3-4 rounds. Does he? Too early to tell. NFL cares a lot about measurables. His major problems are the deep ball, and getting rid of the ball when he is out of options. Without fixing these he could drop to 4-7th rounds.

Sycamore62
September 28th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I was trying to make up for my lack of height by being slow. So far I've dropped to the 127th round but I'm still hopeful.

CappinHard
September 28th, 2015, 10:32 AM
I really don't want to take the bait, but I will say that YSU did beat SDSU on Hillbilly day last year with a true freshman QB that played only a couple of games. In addition, your win over Kansas was expected. They are an abysmal football team.

You play out of your minds and put together the best game of your 2014-15 season, and beat us by 3... in a game where we just came off of a draining win @ UNI and were probably looking ahead to the game @ NDSU the following week... that's what you're basing your assessment on? YSU is an average team that plays better than average in certain games (SDSU last year and Pitt this year), but can't play well when it matters (last 3 games of both 2014 and 2013 when you had a decent season going, but choked). I wouldn't call that "very close to SDSU".

Sycamore62
September 28th, 2015, 10:47 AM
You play out of your minds and put together the best game of your 2014-15 season, and beat us by 3... in a game where we just came off of a draining win @ UNI and were probably looking ahead to the game @ NDSU the following week... that's what you're basing your assessment on? YSU is an average team that plays better than average in certain games (SDSU last year and Pitt this year), but can't play well when it matters (last 3 games of both 2014 and 2013 when you had a decent season going, but choked). I wouldn't call that "very close to SDSU".

I just cant see SDSU losing to YSU coming off a huge upset loss to ISUb

BisonTru
September 28th, 2015, 11:57 AM
You watched his 2 worst games. Regardless, I do think he has a chance to go in the top 3-4 rounds. Does he? Too early to tell. NFL cares a lot about measurables. His major problems are the deep ball, and getting rid of the ball when he is out of options. Without fixing these he could drop to 4-7th rounds.

I'm not concerned about his deep ball accuracy as most. There is a lot of tape out there of him hitting the deep ball. Definitely something that can be improved upon, though. Another tidbit, he'll only have 3 seasons under his belt in the past 7 years. I think he can improve greatly as he gets more in-game snaps.

I agree with your second critique. At NDSU we ask him to run if you run out of options or feel the pressure. The NFL may want him to avoid running and get the ball to your check down and avoid the hits.

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2015, 01:15 PM
I'm not concerned about his deep ball accuracy as most. There is a lot of tape out there of him hitting the deep ball. Definitely something that can be improved upon, though. Another tidbit, he'll only have 3 seasons under his belt in the past 7 years. I think he can improve greatly as he gets more in-game snaps.

I agree with your second critique. At NDSU we ask him to run if you run out of options or feel the pressure. The NFL may want him to avoid running and get the ball to your check down and avoid the hits.

Give Wentz top caliber WRs and see what would happen....scouts out at the Montana game flat out said he has NO help in the Bison O to showcase his skills.

Kemo
September 28th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Give Wentz top caliber WRs and see what would happen....scouts out at the Montana game flat out said he has NO help in the Bison O to showcase his skills.
Cooper Kupp and Jake Wieneke? Wouldn't that be fun?!

Sycamore62
September 28th, 2015, 01:41 PM

Have him do it without an Offensive Line and get back to me.

penguinpower
September 28th, 2015, 01:50 PM

We'll get to see soon enough. A coaching upgrade, two Nebraska transfers and a Michigan State transfer all on defense, YSU should be improved.

clenz
September 28th, 2015, 01:51 PM
2 AGS All American OL
AGS All American Fullback
AGS All American at WR in Vraa and Urzendowski on the other side.

I know it's not Wieneke, Kupp, and Coprich but lets not act like the Bison don't have weapons.

Speaking of Vraa...WTF is up with him right now? I thought he'd have bigger numbers

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2015, 02:50 PM
2 AGS All American OL
AGS All American Fullback
AGS All American at WR in Vraa and Urzendowski on the other side.

I know it's not Wieneke, Kupp, and Coprich but lets not act like the Bison don't have weapons.

Speaking of Vraa...WTF is up with him right now? I thought he'd have bigger numbers

Go check the AGS WR consideration thread for my thoughts on Vraa being there....dependable guy, but not a threat downfield in comparison to the guys on that list (Vraa is also pretty banged up with nagging hammy problems....he's played quite a bit of football too at this point xlolx )....Urzendowski is more of a slot receiver as well. Also, you wouldn't even need to give me Wieneke and Kupp....I'll take the options I saw out in Montana with Jones and Henderson. :D

Kemo
September 28th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Go check the AGS WR consideration thread for my thoughts on Vraa being there....dependable guy, but not a threat downfield in comparison to the guys on that list (Vraa is also pretty banged up with nagging hammy problems....he's played quite a bit of football too at this point xlolx )....Urzendowski is more of a slot receiver as well. Also, you wouldn't even need to give me Wieneke and Kupp....I'll take the options I saw out in Montana with Jones and Henderson. :D

Good to hear you prefer an inferior product, because that's what will be taking the field against the Jackrabbits on Saturday xnodx

Sorry, just excited about the game this week. It should be a good one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Good to hear you prefer an inferior product, because that's what will be taking the field against the Jackrabbits on Saturday xnodx

Sorry, just excited about the game this week. It should be a good one.

Weak!!!!

I'm sure the 7 game losing streak sucks!!

Sycamore62
September 28th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Weak!!!!

7 ain't ****

Kemo
September 28th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Weak!!!!

Weak? Then counter with stating facts?

Let me try:

The Bison colors are green and yellow (not gold).

The collective noun for a group of Jackrabbits is a "drove".

Coughlin-Alumni Stadium was opened in 1962.

Boom! 3 facts to 1. I bet you're feeling the burn now xasswhipx

Have some fun NW MN, it's what this week is all about.

Professor Chaos
September 28th, 2015, 07:03 PM
I still think Vraa is better than he gets credit for from a lot of Bison fans. I'm not saying he's AA caliber because he's not super elusive or super fast but he's got great hands and body control with above average size at this level. I think he can win 1:1 matchups with most DBs if Wentz would give him a chance but it seems like Carson doesn't have enough trust in any of his WRs to throw it up in single coverage and let them try to make a play (which is what Montana torched the NDSU DBs doing). Maybe he knows something I don't but I think if you give Vraa those opportunities in single coverage he's going to make the play or draw a penalty more often than not.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Weak? Then counter with stating facts?

Let me try:

The Bison colors are green and yellow (not gold).

The collective noun for a group of Jackrabbits is a "drove".

Coughlin-Alumni Stadium was opened in 1962.

Boom! 3 facts to 1. I bet you're feeling the burn now xasswhipx

Have some fun NW MN, it's what this week is all about.

Man, this will be fun!

All time record: 683-371-35 (.643)

Head to head vs SDSU: 60-40-5

31 conference titles

48-13 playoff record

12 National Championships

Dakota Marker record: 7-4

7 game win streak vs bunnies

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Kemo: I forgot a tidbit.....

NDSU FCS titles: 4
SDSU playoff wins: 3

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Kemo: I was looking for all of those conference titles since the 60s.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Kemo: Will there be more NDSU fans at CAS?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Kemo: To be fair, I should put both schools records while they have been FCS for 8 seasons!

NDSU: 78-22

SDSU: 55-35

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Kemo: I need your help buddy! I'm trying to find SDSU's national titles. I'll keep looking!

i_got_a_fever
September 28th, 2015, 08:37 PM

Oh god, not this again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kemo
September 28th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Man, this will be fun!

All time record: 683-371-35 (.643)

Head to head vs SDSU: 60-40-5

31 conference titles

48-13 playoff record

12 National Championships

Dakota Marker record: 7-4

7 game win streak vs bunnies

I see you have mastered the internets...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21394&stc=1

So much so, I doubt Bison facts are the only thing that populate your browser history... xsmhx

Kemo
September 28th, 2015, 08:49 PM

Since this was your only non-rhetorical question, let's take a look at the math:

SDSU is averaging 12,968 fans per home game (actual attendance, not paid)

The half renovated Coughlin-Alumni Stadium holds right around 17,000 people.

It's also important to take into account that an in-conference, rivalry game will almost always have higher fan interest than average.

So to answer your question: Yes, there will be a minimum of 30,000 Bison fans inside the stadium on Saturday.

i_got_a_fever
September 28th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Since this was your only non-rhetorical question, let's take a look at the math:

It's also important to take into account that an in-conference, rivalry game will almost always have higher fan interest than average.

So to answer your question: Yes, there will be a minimum of 30,000 Bison fans inside the stadium on Saturday.

I think 30,000 is way too conservative. I gave all 6 of my season tickets to bison fans, I know many other Jacks fans did the same.

unigriff
September 30th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Good non con season for the Valley again. 18-12. 16-3 vs FCS 1-9 vs. FBS, 1-0 vs. Non-FCS

Should be a good conference gauntlet!

UNI @ ISUr
NDSU @ SDSU
and thats just in week one! CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

The Yo Show
September 30th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Good non con season for the Valley again. 18-12. 16-3 vs FCS 1-9 vs. FBS, 1-0 vs. Non-FCS

Should be a good conference gauntlet!

UNI @ ISUr
NDSU @ SDSU
and thats just in week one! CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Who played the non-fcs team?

BisonTru
September 30th, 2015, 03:26 PM
I'm goin' all on the road!

Northern Iowa @ Illinois State
Indiana State @ Missouri State
Youngstown St @ South Dakota
Southern Illinois @ Western Illinois
North Dakota St @ South Dakota St

Thumper 76
September 30th, 2015, 03:30 PM
I'm goin' all on the road!

UNI game doesn't count?

Thumper 76
September 30th, 2015, 03:33 PM
I'll take

Sycs over MSU
USD over YSU
UNI over Redbirds
And WIU over SIU

I refuse to pick the marker game, being mildly superstitious

BisonTru
September 30th, 2015, 03:36 PM
UNI game doesn't count?

Not sure why, but it doesn't show it on tapa. I took UNI.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2015, 03:48 PM

Probably 50K!!!

I'm still looking for those NCs....

Here is a nice stat on the series:

1903-1963 Jacks led the series 31-15-5

1964-2014 Bison 53-9

From a poster on BV

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Oh god, not this again...

Sarcasm....

UNI Pike
September 30th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Who played the non-fcs team?

The Bears played Chadron State (DII)

jacksfan29
September 30th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Probably 50K!!!

I'm still looking for those NCs....

Here is a nice stat on the series:

1903-1963 Jacks led the series 31-15-5

1964-2014 Bison 53-9

From a poster on BV

Your numbers are a bit off. I believe the overall record is in favor of NDSU, 58-40-5. You may want to re-read your "facts".

I think most SDSU fans will admit we were left behind in the 70s and 80s. Gregory had a few good years but overall we were pretty average. A lot of 5 and 6 win seasons under Gregory and Hansel. Ralph Ginn in the 1950s and early 60s were our "glory" years of D2.

The Yo Show
September 30th, 2015, 07:27 PM
My picks:

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Your numbers are a bit off. I believe the overall record is in favor of NDSU, 58-40-5. You may want to re-read your "facts".

I think most SDSU fans will admit we were left behind in the 70s and 80s. Gregory had a few good years but overall we were pretty average. A lot of 5 and 6 win seasons under Gregory and Hansel. Ralph Ginn in the 1950s and early 60s were our "glory" years of D2.

43-9....mistake when I wrote it.

underdawg
September 30th, 2015, 09:41 PM
My picks:

Illinois State over UNI

In State limps by MSU

YSU over SD

SIU over WIU

Jackrabbits over Bison

birdsflyhigh
September 30th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Birds > UNI
Trees > MSU
Yotes > YSU
Necks > SIU
Wabbits > NDSU

Man, a ton of good games on tap in the MVFC. Should be a heck of a conference season...COOL :)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2015, 12:42 PM
This seems like the right place to put this. Kudos for the MVFC for pacing out their games on ESPN3 perfectly this weekend.

1:00PM game UNI vs. Ilinois State

3/4:00PM three MVFC games that could be interesting, ISUb vs. Missouri State, YSU vs. USD, SID vs. WIU

7:00PM game NDSU vs. SDSU

IMVHO this is exactly what conferences should be doing all across FCS. I don't know if it was a happy accident or not, but it's going to spell a great weekend of MVFC football on ESPN3.

clenz
October 1st, 2015, 12:47 PM
This seems like the right place to put this. Kudos for the MVFC for pacing out their games on ESPN3 perfectly this weekend.

3/4:00PM three MVFC games that could be interesting, ISUb vs. Missouri State, YSU vs. USD, SID vs. WIU

IMVHO this is exactly what conferences should be doing all across FCS. I don't know if it was a happy accident or not, but it's going to spell a great weekend of MVFC football on ESPN3.
Teams set their own times and work their own ESPN3 deals in the MVFC.

We just know how to do things around these parts

underdawg
October 1st, 2015, 12:50 PM

Who's SID?

underdawg
October 1st, 2015, 01:21 PM
www.jameseng.land/Rank/ratings/2015/4
(http://www.jameseng.land/Rank/ratings/)

SIU is rated number one FCS in nation! go to week number four link

MVFC:

1. SIU .6023

2. SDSU .4486

3. Il State .3485

4. YSU .3409

5. UNI .2377

6. NDSU .1263

7. USD .1052

8. WIU .0700

9. MSU -.5074

10. In state -.7008

I want some of what this guy is smoking!!!!

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2015, 01:43 PM

MVFC:

1. SIU .6023

2. SDSU .4486

3. Il State .3485

4. YSU .3409

5. UNI .2377

6. NDSU .1263

7. USD .1052

8. WIU .0700

9. MSU -.5074

10. In state -.7008

Sycamore62
October 1st, 2015, 02:47 PM
Teams set their own times and work their own ESPN3 deals in the MVFC.

We just know how to do things around these parts

our lights are so terrible we cant start a game after 1pm probably. Take what you think when i say that then multiply it by 10

Bisonator
October 1st, 2015, 02:51 PM

MVFC:

1. SIU .6023

2. SDSU .4486

3. Il State .3485

4. YSU .3409

5. UNI .2377

6. NDSU .1263

7. USD .1052

8. WIU .0700

9. MSU -.5074

10. In state -.7008

I want some of what this guy is smoking!!!!

OK what is this clowns rating system? Dart board?? Straws??? Names in a hat????xlolx

Sycamore62
October 1st, 2015, 02:54 PM
OK what is this clowns rating system? Dart board?? Straws??? Names in a hat????xlolx

probably starts with some good weed

Bisonator
October 1st, 2015, 03:04 PM
probably starts with some good weed

Wouldn't ISUr be #1 then? :D

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 1st, 2015, 03:09 PM

I think the Idiot doesn't know the difference between NDSU and Un_. He dropped NDSU 64 spots after beating Un_.

ST_Lawson
October 1st, 2015, 07:05 PM
Wouldn't ISUr be #1 then? :D

We might be #2:

Quadrias Antoine Mireles, 24, of Macomb was arrested for manufacturing or delivering marijuana 30-500 grams and possession of marijuana 30-500 grams on Wednesday.

This was back in August, he was immediately kicked off the team. He wasn't selling to an undercover cop like that other guy, but it was the next higher weight classification.

Sycamore62
October 1st, 2015, 09:25 PM
We might be #2:

This was back in August, he was immediately kicked off the team. He wasn't selling to an undercover cop like that other guy, but it was the next higher weight classification.

Nobody ever sells to an undercover cop. It's always some informant who is trying to get out of something they did by doing a controlled buy

dewey
October 2nd, 2015, 06:48 AM
Here is an interesting blog from the NDSU Media Blog guys about getting off to a fast start in conference play.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/needing-a-quick-start/

Dewey

Sycamore62
October 3rd, 2015, 02:55 PM
Can someone answer this about tv coverage. Today's game ISUb at MSU is on college extra on directv. Are all of these espn3 games on that? I don't want to upgrade when the only game is halfway over

Thumper 76
October 3rd, 2015, 02:56 PM
No idea, I know the NDSU @SDSU game is on there

Edit: I think it is anyways

centennial
October 3rd, 2015, 03:05 PM
Can someone answer this about tv coverage. Today's game ISUb at MSU is on college extra on directv. Are all of these espn3 games on that? I don't want to upgrade when the only game is halfway over
Use your phone or tablet + chromecast. If you have good internet, the quality is as good as TV.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 03:05 PM
Youngstown up on USD 17-0 with 10 minutes left in 2nd

Sycamore62
October 3rd, 2015, 03:08 PM
Use your phone or tablet + chromecast. If you have good internet, the quality is as good as TV.

Ive been doing espn3 off of Xbox one but something about it being on "TV" makes me like it more

centennial
October 3rd, 2015, 03:10 PM
Youngstown is looking like a NC contender.

penguinpower
October 3rd, 2015, 03:11 PM

Right now it has been complete domination. Coach is telling players to stay focused.

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 03:17 PM
Youngstown is looking like a NC contender.

Probably because they are playing USD. xlolx

centennial
October 3rd, 2015, 03:18 PM
Probably because they are playing USD. xlolx
Probably.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 03:23 PM
USD looks mediocre at best.

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 03:23 PM
Probably.

Both the MVC games going right now have terrible feeds. Almost unwatchable. Whoever is controlling the review at USD is awful.

centennial
October 3rd, 2015, 03:24 PM
Both the MVC games going right now have terrible feeds. Almost unwatchable. Whoever is controlling the review at USD is awful.
http://i.imgur.com/v88LSut.jpg

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 03:26 PM
USD QB is terrible. Constantly throwing into double coverage.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 03:28 PM
USD QB is terrible. Constantly throwing into double coverage.

Crappy reads on their read option plays. He is playing crappy

- - - Updated - - -

USD missed a FG...still 17-0

BisonFan02
October 3rd, 2015, 03:28 PM
USD is doing USD like things....Farley can't keep himself out of his own way on O....yup, it is officially MVFC football season.

Also, YSU is looking like a contender in October...eager to see that carry into November... :D

penguinpower
October 3rd, 2015, 03:30 PM
Only 83 yards if total offense for USD.

centennial
October 3rd, 2015, 03:34 PM
USD is doing USD like things....Farley can't keep himself out of his own way on O....yup, it is officially MVFC football season.

Also, YSU is looking like a contender in October...eager to see that carry into November... :D
YSU always looks like a contender in October. Come November and everything goes wrong.

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 03:35 PM

I don't think YSU is bad, but what makes them a contender thus far?

BisonFan02
October 3rd, 2015, 03:36 PM
YSU always looks like a contender in October. Come November and everything goes wrong.

Yup...but now they've got BO! Look at all of that late season runs at Nebras.......nevermind. :D

ValleyTalk
October 3rd, 2015, 03:36 PM
True story. Only difference right now is our defense. They are giving USD fits.

penguinpower
October 3rd, 2015, 03:37 PM
Not sure if they are a contender yet. The defense is waaay improved. OC is the same no changes on the O. It came out after Wolford was fired that he beat them up all year in practice. No light contact weeks in late season. Pelini is allowing rest periods during the week

Sycamore62
October 3rd, 2015, 03:48 PM
ISU 21 MSU 14 halftime

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 04:02 PM
WIU inside the 5.

- - - Updated - - -

TD Leathernecks.

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 04:14 PM
Ianotti throws the TD for SIU. 14-13 WIU

centennial
October 3rd, 2015, 04:16 PM
WIU vs SIU is an elimination game for the 4th spot from MVFC. 1-3 and you are almost out.

PantherRob82
October 3rd, 2015, 04:27 PM
I was really starting to wonder about Indiana State. Glad they are putting this away.

centennial
October 3rd, 2015, 04:30 PM
Missouri State is so bad.

IBleedYellow
October 3rd, 2015, 04:31 PM
USD really enjoys false starting.

Drblankstare
October 3rd, 2015, 04:32 PM
Gotta say, though Youngstown is clearly in control of this game. The Yotes have shown some signs of progress. They still have a long way to be truly competitive in this league, but it looks like they are moving in the right direction

centennial
October 3rd, 2015, 04:33 PM
Gotta say, though Youngstown is clearly in control of this game. The Yotes have shown some signs of progress. They still have a long way to be truly competitive in this league, but it looks like they are moving in the right direction
They have been for the last 3 years. Joe Glenn should retire.

Drblankstare
October 3rd, 2015, 04:39 PM

Yeah winning at USD at this level might be more than Joe can handle, or anyone for that matter. I still think they are playing better than past years. Faint praise I know.

IBleedYellow
October 3rd, 2015, 04:39 PM
Hahaha! I forgot Bo was the coach of YSU.

UNI Pike
October 3rd, 2015, 04:41 PM
ESPN3 play callers during halftime break of SIU v WIU look like they are doing a demo tape inside a JC Penny dressing room

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2015, 04:44 PM

He should. Bring in a young guy with some energy.

USD has a ways to go.

Drblankstare
October 3rd, 2015, 04:45 PM
And just as I attempt to give the Yotes a little praise, they poop themselves. That will learn me xlolx

UNI Pike
October 3rd, 2015, 04:48 PM
Just tuned into YSU USD game in time to see punter returner attempting to back up 2 yard line, and drop bad.

BTW - enjoying the retro game with the 80's broadcast quality.